[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it morally wrong to enjoy a piece of media while ignoring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: capture.png (82KB, 361x289px) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
82KB, 361x289px
Is it morally wrong to enjoy a piece of media while ignoring the majority of the criticisms of it? Should you always look at what you consume with a critical eye or just watch whatever you want without thinking too hard on it?
>>
>>93855196
>Should you always look at what you consume with a critical eye
Yes. Next question?
>>
>>93855196
>>93855274
The problem is looking to SU Critical for genuine criticism.

They're shitting pants over a fucking doodle in the art book, do you really think they're capable of genuine critique?
>>
I don't know but this thread is gonna be gone soon
>>
Unless what you're watching is actively harming people in some way, like they had to kill a bunch of animals to film it, I can't think of why it would ever be wrong to enjoy media for any reason
>>
>>93855356
I consider myself very politically left but SU critical is astonishingly stupid.

>"Why does Steven let his oppresors live? Why isn't he spearheading the revolution???"

BECAUSE ITS A SHOW FOR KIDS AND THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A FUCKING KID, HE'S ALLOWED TO BE IDEALISTIC AND THINK THERES A WAY TO SOLVE THINGS WITHOUT VIOLENCE GODDAMN. THE SHOW CAN HAVE GOOD LESSONS WITHOUT BEING AN INSTRUCTION BOOK ON SOCIAL REFORM
>>
>>93855196
>Is it morally wrong to enjoy a piece of media while ignoring the majority of the criticisms of it?

no. if the media in question isn't actually harming anybody, then there is literally nothing wrong with liking it and ignoring criticisms of it.
>>
>>93856374
>I consider myself very politically left but SU critical is astonishingly stupid.
Word to the wise, if you think something like SU is racist and/homophobic, you know you're far left as fuck.
>>
>>93855196
You should be critical of the media you consume, including criticism itself because critics are part of the media. Also, it's not morally wrong to ignore criticism, but it is unethical.
>>
>>93856483
It's also worth remembering that there's a difference between having a critical eye for the themes, messages, and flaws of a piece of work, and despising it for those things.

Lovecraft was racist as fuck and if you examine his work it's hard not to see the relationship between that and his writing, but it's disingenuous to claim it has no merit given that it helped pioneer a style of horror. It is the difference between being critical and being dismissive.
>>
>>93855196
yes or else you're just a deluded fucko.
>>
>>93856406
send in the lgtb characters then, they're not harming anybody.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.