[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Archie Sonic Limbo/Hiatus/Speculation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 385
Thread images: 54

File: StH_292_Cover.jpg (598KB, 1000x1538px) Image search: [Google]
StH_292_Cover.jpg
598KB, 1000x1538px
1 more week until Comic Con where Archie will have a panel. Think we'll get Sonic comic news finally? Ian Flynn says we might. Personally, I'm thinking they'll go for a full actual reboot this time with SEGA only characters after those fucking lawsuits.
>>
They'd really only need to get rid of the characters that were created during the comic, so if they already existed in AoStH or SatAM, they're probably not going anywhere.

Why you acting like the comic isn't cancelled? You know it is.
>>
>>93855031
I want to beliieeeevveeee!!
>>
>>93855031
20 years is a long time for it all to end over a petty lawsuit...
>>
>>93855031

But I liked some of the characters they came up with for the comic after the reboot, like the various egg boss characters for instance. Wasn't it the penders stuff that was the problem? If they make a whole new comic without penders it shouldn't be a problem to make comic exclusive characters.
>>
>>93854965
I don't think they'll actually have news, but just reiterate that them and SEGA are in talks if it's brought up at the panel.

That said,I wouldn't be surprised if they did a full reboot bringing it fully in line with the games. Honestly, that's what they should've done at the first reboot, maybe then SEGA would actually give a fuck about it and advertise it.
>>
>>93855031
They already did?
>>
>>93854965
Haven't nearly all the artists and writers that worked on this show have Sonic Comic under "previous works" and are looking for new jobs?
>>
>>93858228
They're in the dark regarding the current situation. They've been out of work for months so they're looking for new work, since they don't know if the comics are dead or not.
>>
>>93856248
the sonic social media pages actually DID advertise the comics. the werehog issues to be exact

>>93858228
that's because literally everyone working on it is a freelancer. they don't really work at archie, they're given work when needed. many times the artists know less about what's happening than us
>>
Shut up Boco
>>
>>93854965
I've been dancing every day in joy that this shit comic's finally going under
>>
>>93854965
What is the appeal with this comic? Nostolgia? Childhood memories? Not shit posting generallt curious as I see people, adults, talk about it being good all the time, but it is a kids book. It being good is not going into detail about why it is good.
>>
>>93860361

Kids don't read the Sonic the Hedgehog comic.

It is strictly 100% for autistic people. They alone have kept it on life support for two decades.
>>
>>93860388
you'd be surprised by how many kids actually read it, anon. go to your local comic book store and ask how the sonic comics were selling before they got into limbo
>>
>>93860361
it's a fun, easy to follow comic with good art and pretty good writing given its source material
>>
>>93854965
They're clearly passing Excitement by, but I'm unclear if they're headed towards Action or Adventure.
>>
File: tumblr_lxu5cjR4LE1qe2v9e.png (289KB, 414x277px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxu5cjR4LE1qe2v9e.png
289KB, 414x277px
>>93860450
>good art

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
A freelance artist recently started looking for work, saying that Archie cancelled Sonic. No ambiguity there, she straight up used "cancelled".

>>93860344

What did I do this time?
>>
>>93860493
nice b8 with your dark age panel there. i was clearly talking about the reboot issues, since they're the ones being sold now and relevant
>>
>>93860504
>freelance
yeah. they're just speculating like the rest. it's not like they have insider info or anything. they were just never called back for work and they assumed the worst
>>
>>93855534
It's not ending because of a petty lawsuit. It's ending because of TWO petty lawsuits.
>>
>>93860504
>No ambiguity there, she straight up used "cancelled".
She's also ESL.
>>
>>93860322
Barely. The only thing they really advertised the fuck out of was the Mega Drive stuff since it was solely featuring game Sonic stuff. Outside of that, they never put much effort into advertising them. Sure, there'd be a spare post every half a year or so, but they treat it like the red-headed stepchild of the franchise. They advertise Boom episodes all the time, there can't be a post once a month for the comics? I mean, they advertise Game Grumps more than the comic starring their character.
>>
>>93860701
Maybe if the comic actually starred their character instead of the 20-year-old-irrelevant-furry-brigade, they'd advertise it more. After all, they did it with Mega Drive, the comic that for once was actually about Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, etc.
>>
>>93860727
The comic since the reboot has been about Sonic, genius. The FFs have far less relevance in the comic compared to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles & Amy now.
>>
>>93860774

Then a reboot from a different publisher eliminating them entirely shouldn't bother anyone. What's the big deal?
>>
>>93860727
That's exactly what I'm saying. If another reboot is coming, a full Game Sonic only cast would at the very least probably get SEGA to come out of their shell when it comes to advertising it. The problem comes to how you would keep a Game Sonic only comic going.

>>93860774
They pulled a half-measure in regards to bringing it closer to the games. They are still very highly prominent in the comic.
>>
>>93860788
There's people who still like the FFs & there's people who like the post-reboot exclusive characters like the Egg Bosses, Razor etc.

>>93860799
They still have relevance, but not as much as before.
>>
I hope IDW gets it. Not so much for a new Sonic, but so they can maybe use some of Sega's other IPs.
>>
>>93860799
>The problem comes to how you would keep a Game Sonic only comic going.

Every SatAM character has an appropriate Sega analog that renders them completely irrelevant.

Boomer/Tails = Inventor/tech guy
Sally/Amy = Boring, serious love-interest
Bunnie/Knuckles = Muscle character
Antoine/Shadow = Sonic's rival

The SatAM characters were only created because the Sega games were only 2 strong and had no characters to speak of. They outlived their usefulness long ago.

Time to get rid of them.
>>
>>93860851
Antoine's more of a joke character than an actual rival, & Sally hasn't been a love interest since the reboot. I wouldn't exactly be pissed if the Freedom Fighters were axed, but I would at least like a somewhat proper send off for them.
>>
>>93860355
>Dancing every single day for six months because a children's comic might be cancelled.

wew lad
>>
>>93860843
hell no. look at IDW's trainwreck when it came to other licensed properties. they spout out new spin offs and reboot their comics every 6 or so issues now. not to mention the hell they've made out of their disney comics line. they just cancelled the standalone mickey and donald titles (which both had hundreds of issues) to just make a new series merging them and starting from #1 again, then cancelled more titles and made everything quarterly aside scrooge. apparently due to money problems such as publishing costs. they likely won't be even able to handle a sonic comic on a financial level, and if they did, expect a reboot every half to 2 years from them.
>>
>>93860822
>There's people who still like the FFs

And absolutely none of them are children (Sonic's core audience). Only a handful of adults even remember who those characters are and have any affinity for them; what they want is irrelevant when it comes to both profitability and quality of storytelling. Catering to THEM is what got us the Dark Ages.
>>
>>93860890
>apparently due to money problems such as publishing costs
Gooks printers are a major factor.
>>
>>93860882

Also, Sonic Boom arguably has Knuckles as a joke character as well.
>>
>>93860822
>They still have relevance, but not as much as before.
It's still there at the end of the day. I don't think SEGA will really ever go up to bat for the comics so long as Sally and crew are there.

>>93860851
While true that they fill roles already established by game characters, their actual purpose is for development. SEGA doesn't allow the game characters to be developed as much.
>>
>>93860886
keeps me trained in the cha cha cha
>>
>>93860899
My nephew read these religiously a year ago, so there's at least one kid that likes them.
>>
>>93854965
The way they've been cancelling their mainline Archie books, I don't know why anyone would think Sonic has a chance
>>
>>93860912
>Gooks printers
literally wat
>>
>>93860899
>Catering to THEM is what got us the Dark Ages
No, Ken Penders having a job is what gave the comics the Dark Ages.

>>93860940
I don't think characters like Sally are keeping SEGA from promoting the comic, since (IIRC) they do own her. I think it's just a matter of SEGA being incompetent, especially since the same social media account promotes a YT channel that shits on their franchise.
>>
>>93860975
A machine where you put in rice and it spews out gooks
>>
>>93861026
>No, Ken Penders having a job is what gave the comics the Dark Ages.

And Ken Penders is exactly the kind of autistic manchild who still insists the FF characters are relevant and wants them to be starring characters.

Remember, for the book to have survived the Dark Ages, there had to be a considerable number of people READING the book. And Penders was giving those sorts of people exactly what they wanted.
>>
>>93860504
Just telling you to shut up in advance
>>
>>93861026
They own her, but she's completely irrelevant. Remember that the comics are ideally, for them, an advert. If what they're advertising is shit that's got nothing to do with the games, why bother calling attention to it? Again, not a coincidence that the comic they responded the best to was Mega Drive, the one with only the core game cast in it.
>>
>>93861063
No, Ken Penders wanted his shitty OCs that not even comicfags liked to be the starring characters. It's no wonder why he's considered to be far & away the worst writer among Archie fans and why no one cares about The Lara-Su Chronicles.
>>
>>93854965
>adventure
>action
>excitement
>character isnt running in any of those directions
>>
>>93861026
Sally and the SatAM cast do not fit in with the brand SEGA actively promotes. That's why the don't promote them, nor use the characters they own in other things like games, cartoons (the writers have specifically said they are not allowed to use them), or even social media posts. Seriously, they'll meme coldsteel or Sanic before they even put a comic reference. It's why they wanted them gone when the reboot happened and had to be fought for by Archie to keep using them.
>>
>>93861064

Oh. Yes sir...
>>
>>93861110
>No, Ken Penders wanted his shitty OCs that not even comicfags liked to be the starring characters

And yet people still bought the book because it never got cancelled during his run.

I guess the spergs really fucking moved Mina Mongoose and Julie-Su...
>>
>>93861140
I'm kinda confused by that since according to Webber, SEGA keeps the FFs out of the games because they want the games & comics to be different things. But why not promote something you've licensed at all because it's not similar to the games?

>>93861158
People bought the book because during that time period, people bought anything with Sonic's name on it.
>>
>>93861239
>People bought the book because during that time period, people bought anything with Sonic's name on it.

Ah yes, who could forget that late 90s/early 2000s era when Sonic was at his peak popularity with the mainstream masses...
>>
>>93861281
When I say people I mean Sonic fans, anon. And tbf, a lot of current fans didn't get into Sonic until the early 2000s.
>>
>>93861239

The FFs aren't in the games because Sonic Team neither knows nor cares who they are. So does 90-plus percent of Japan.
>>
>>93861352
The majority of Japan doesn't care about Sonic at all. Not to mention I have seen some Japanese Sonic fans do fan art of Sally Shut up.
>>
>>93861239
>>93861352

Even Sticks is considered more legitimate a Sonic character than the FFs. She got a Sonic Channel profile image, which is something no other US-original character has ever gotten.

Plus, Sonic Boom is about to be released in Japan, so they're going to be familiar with her. If you showed art of Sally or Bunnie or Nicole to a Japanese Sonic fan, they'd likely think it was fanart of some OC (which is what those characters look like; even after the reboot, they barely fit the Sega aesthetic).
>>
>>93861399
>they barely fit the Sega aesthetic
I could see that with their preboot designs, but I don't see how they don't post-reboot. Especially post-reboot Antoine.
>>
>>93861239
See, I don't really know SEGA's logic either. The best I can come up with is keeping on the down low to avoid having brand confusion considering the comics feature many many elements not featured in other aspects of the franchise. But at that point, why not just put the comic fully in-line with the rest of the franchise and promote it? They originally wanted to with the reboot, but they gave into Archie's wants to keep them. You'd think they'd want to promote something that would come out every single month and keep fans looking at Sonic.
>>
>>93861424
They need to ditch the hair to fit in fully.
>>
>>93861431
I think it was more the writer's desires to keep the FFs around than Archie's. But then again, after hearing the shit SEGA & Sonic Team did with Sonic Boom, I just think they're idiots when it comes to handling the Sonic brand.
>>
>>93861424
Sally's still overdesigned, for an instance. Nicole's completely off. Antoine looked better in his earlier redesigns but then got changed. Bunnie and Rotor are the better off of the gang, but Bunnie's mechanics are too simple for Sonic mechanic design. There's also the simple question of artists themselves. When Bates or Skelly draw these characters, they generally manage to make them feel more accurate to the games.
>>
>>93861140
More to the point though, Sega of Japan absolutely HATE HATE HATE HATE the SatAM cast with a passion. Simply due to them being created by Sega's US offices, due to the longstanding super-duper hate fest that exists between the US and Japan branches of Sega.

The FF would have been long long long purged if not for their popularity with US fans, which has allowed Archie to basically exploit loopholes in their contract with Sega to basically keep them around/in high profile roles in their comic.

It's also why a lot of people REALLY REALLY don't want to see anyone else get the license to Sonic: any move to another company like Boom or IDW will most definitely include Sega of Japan EXPLICITLY banning whoever gets the license after Archie, from ever using the FF or any of the SatAM cast, ever again.
>>
>>93861470
I have to imagine it was a joint effort of the writers and staff. Probably at least regarding the writers and editors. We know they fought to keep them from Jon Gray who was Assistant Editor at the time, IIRC
>>
>>93861431
>>93861470

Sega of Japan has never been smart. Or cooperative. Or humble.

Its also worth noting that due to a bunch of weird legal laws, using any characters from outside the games isn't ALLOWED, even if someone remembered them at all.
>>
>>93861483
When it comes to Sally, the only thing I would say is too much on her design are her ring blades.

>>93861498
So what would happen to the rights for them? If SEGA still owns the FFs & doesn't want them to be used ever again, will they just let it, opening up the chance for some autists to come along & get the rights to Sally & the others?
>>
>>93861554

Given how petty and spiteful SOJ is, they will sit on the rights forever, never letting anyone use them again, until the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>93861554
The rights situations with these characters from licensed media is always kinda sketchy. Like, isn't Sara from the OVA, Cosmo from X, and everyone from Underground in some sort of weird copyright situation?
>>
>>93861603
I don't think the Underground characters are since they were gonna be used again in Universe until the reboot happened, but I do think the Sonic X characters are in some weird copyright situation that doesn't allow them to be used.
>>
>>93861656
>I don't think the Underground characters are since they were gonna be used again in Universe until the reboot happened
SEGA killed that idea before the reboot. It got replaced with a different pre-reboot story.
>>
File: lololol.jpg (163KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lololol.jpg
163KB, 1500x500px
>>
Underground stuff might not be used since the show incorporated a Penders character from the comics into it.
>>
>>93861738
Gallagher. Athair is Gallagher, not Penders.
>>
>>93861603

Yup. Remember back in issue 101, when they showed the OVA world? They never got Sega's approval for that, and Archie got a nasty dressing down.

As for Sonic X, allegedly ownership isn't 100% Sega's.
>>
>>93861767
Ah, you're right. Though, can you blame me for thinking an echidna recolor wasn't from Penders?
>>
>>93861806
Athair actually had a decent design compared to all the other shit (he was visibly older, longer dreadlocks, weird tribal outfit, etc), being fair to Gallagher
>>
>>93861850
He was also a more rustic red-brown to contrast with Knuckles' vibrant crimson while still establishing him as family.

Athair is a good design given circumstances, as he's visually distinct and all of his similar features exist to inform you that he's a relative.
>>
>>93860701
>They advertise Boom episodes all the time
When it first started. Now they never mention it and it's only the people working on the show that are spamming about it in a desperate struggle to keep it relevant.
>>
>Ian say we might.
Sauce?
>>
>>93863816
Literally less than a week ago.
http://sonicthehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/162724333243/its-back-to-school-for-eggman-upon-learning-he

Also not long ago
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/877691369749266434
>>
>>93860799
I think there's enough characters within the games to maintain an ongoing series. You just might have to drop Sonic Universe if you don't want to overuse the side characters.

You could do what the Mega Man comic did and adapt the games' storyline from the beginning and that's at least 100 issues right there.
>>
>>93863859
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/07/01/archie-update-ian-flynn-ive-heard-we-should-get-sonic-news-by-end-of-july/
>>
>>93863816
>>93863890
They also hid a possibly new render of Boom Knuckles in this post at 15 seconds.

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/883860130680389636
>>
>>93863935
Thanks m8
>>
They'll never admit to it, and that's what's gonna kill them ultimately.

>>93860799
It's easy, replace every comic character with a game character, which is easier done than said. Make up stories around each of the game locales, from Genesis, Gamegear, and so on. There's plenty of things to work with, and I'm sick of comic-onlyfags saying otherwise.
>>
>>93863915
Then you run into the question of what game characters can be used. How does Sega feel about the other characters?

Naga is banned cause reasons.
Its doubtful any 06 characters will return.
Wisps would probably be spammed. On the other hand we still get chao and omacho so maybe there is hope.

And do the anti FF people here just hate any non game chars? Or is it only ones that have a reoccurring role?
>>
>>93864499
>Sonic
>Tails
>Knuckles
>Amy
>Eggman
>Cream
>Shadow
>Rouge
>Omega
>Team Chaotix
>Silver
>Blaze
>Babylon Rogues
>Professor Pickle
>Deadly Six
>>
>>93854965
fuck sonic i need my megaman X comic damnit
>>
>>93864599

Problem is that Sega licenses each character separately rather than in a package, so paying for them all is extremely expensive.

They even license "classic Sonic", "classic Tails" and "classic Eggman" as separate characters from the contemporary Sonic, Tails and Eggman (the Archie book had to put "classic Eggman" in silhouette for a flashback to avoid having to pay an additional licensing fee to Sega for his 1-panel appearance).

Sega nickels and dimes the shit out of their licensees. It's also why the Sonic Boom cartoon hasn't included more game characters and both Metal Sonic and Shadow have been 1-episode guest appearances. They've got to pay bonus licensing fees for every game character they include.
>>
>>93864499
Nega banned because the games never elaborated on his history. (Iizuka confirmed he is from the future, like Silver, and causes trouble in Blaze's world for his own reasons.) So he's basically in limbo until that is cleared up, which technically means never, since Sega hasn't used him in a game outside of the Mario/Sonic Olympics in years.
>>
>>93864669
Is there source on that? I've never heard that before. Makes more sense than them just being random assholes but still.

>>93864599
That villein line up sucks balls. At least with Eggman's bosses you get a range of comedy goof balls, to tragic evil, or even mustache twister. Maybe gun fractions could fill that in?

But other than that give it a run and see how long it lasts.

>>93864766
And that makes even less sense but ok
>>
The only reason you people give half of a damn about this comic being canned is because of the OCs. Seriously, this fanbase is embarrassing. No wonder Sega gave in and finally let you create your own donut steels in an actual Sonic game -- It's all you guys care about.
>>
>>93864800
>Maybe gun fractions could fill that in?
1/8th of a Kalashnikov is my favourite Sonic character.
>>
>>93864669
Assuming this is true, it's not that uncommon- look at any Godzilla merchandise, you'll see the logos indicating how each monster had to be licensed individually.
>>
>>93865262

I don't know how IDW can afford to license all those monsters from Toho. They're the first comic publisher to ever do so; even Marvel and Dark Horse couldn't afford it.
>>
>>93860361
What's the appeal of any comic?
That's your answer.
>>
>>93861140
>Sally and the SatAM cast do not fit in with the brand SEGA actively promotes.
It wouldn't really be that hard to give them a cameo/references to the characters.
Maybe there's a sign, in a stage somewhere, and it's got Sally on it saying "JOIN THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS TODAY!"

Honestly, that's all I would fucking need.
>>
>>93861498
>More to the point though, Sega of Japan absolutely HATE HATE HATE HATE the SatAM cast with a passion. Simply due to them being created by Sega's US offices, due to the longstanding super-duper hate fest that exists between the US and Japan branches of Sega.

...Is SEGA of Japan still beefing with SEGA of America?
I mean, isn't that the sort of infighting that sunk the ship? They didn't let that go after losing the Dreamcast and having to step out of the console market?
>>
>>93865359
Never happening. Generations would've been the perfect time to do it and they didn't. They do not care about those characters.
>>
>>93865396
no one actually knows. people are just assuming. there's literally no evidence of sega of japan hating the freedom fighters. people only say that because they're never in the games. and the whole thing about sega japan hating the comics is untrue as well. i'd say it's more like they don't care about them too much
>>
File: tumblr_mqhhfsvM7r1s5ttffo1_1280.jpg (326KB, 605x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqhhfsvM7r1s5ttffo1_1280.jpg
326KB, 605x1000px
>>93864499
>Its doubtful any 06 characters will return.
The only new characters were Elise, Mephiles and Iblis, which I'm pretty sure the latter two will never show up again. It's not like those things from the Sonic Rival games are showing up again either.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Elise again as like a joke, like say she's going out with the guy that plays Sonicman, and his real name is a reference to one or more of Sonic's voice actors
>>
File: 1425740280639.jpg (22KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
1425740280639.jpg
22KB, 544x400px
>>93864826
He's right you know. The only argument I've seen for keeping the comic around is either "muh waifus" or "muh Freedom Fighters".

Look. We had some laughs, and I enjoyed some parts of it, but the comic ending has been a long time coming and even after Ian took over it was like polishing a turd. The comic's entire premise was fundamentally flawed from the start. The old Sonic cartoon hadn't been relevant in over a decade by the time Ian got on board. Would have been way better off just starting fresh with game only characters adapting the games, and then maybe down the line introducing a few side characters. Keep the world building to a minimum. As much as people like to counter signal this, I think deep down they all know that it's what bogged down both Penders' and Ian's runs. Both Penders and Ian had amassed a horde of LiterallyWho The OCs and waifu bait characters. (Like Honey for example. Why do people fap to her so much? It was cringey as fuck to see people get hype over a generic anime catgirl.) The only real difference is that one was written as a stand in for another original project and the other was written as its own story.
>>
>>93865404
Generations was strictly focusing on the games though. Also, Omega wasn't in the game, even as a trophy/profile.
>>
>>93865493
Honey was a SEGA character though. She was in Sonic the Fighters
>>
>>93865493
And before one of you autists starts screeching: YES, I know Honey was a hidden character in Sonic The Fighers who was actually a character from Fighting Vipers. You know what I meant when I said that. There are plenty of other examples of waifu bait characters but she sticks out the most.
>>
>>93865493
>>93864826
If they get in the games, even as a cameo (probably not), then fine.

I honestly don't see what's wrong with them being in the comics, they've literally been there since the start. If they get rid of them, what are they going to do?

Fill it up with more OCs anyway. I can't think of one Sonic spinoff/media that didn't decide that they were going to make some OCs close to one/several of the cast members.
>>
File: 541.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
541.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>93864826
>implying we don't read it for eggman's perfect characterization
>>
File: 1498512055965.png (1MB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1498512055965.png
1MB, 1280x850px
>>93865605
>Edgy Eggman is perfect characterization.
>>
>>93865639
>having a villain be an actual threat is edgy
>>
File: 1423385823152.jpg (61KB, 813x608px) Image search: [Google]
1423385823152.jpg
61KB, 813x608px
>>93865558
>>93865493
>(Like Honey for example. Why do people fap to her so much? It was cringey as fuck to see people get hype over a generic anime catgirl.)
If people can't get excited about a obscure character being referenced and allowed a significant part in a part of the story because the character is female, and thus "waifubait", then you may as well not have any new female characters, because you'll just turn around and call them furry-waifubait

It's a series about cartoon animals and robots. We know people are fapping to several of the characters. Can we just fucking get over that part, and judge it on it's merits instead of fussing about OCs and waifus? Unless it gets excessive and/or blatant, this is just pointless nitpicking
>>
>>93865639
This guy regularly traps animals in robots to do his bidding. Sonic Adventure even writes a story about it.

I mean, would you rather he go in a Prison Egg?
>>
>>93865493
While I think the comic either needed a new creative team or cancellation, your logic is terrible.

There's nothing inherently wrong with using the franchise as the basis for cartoon adventures for the kiddies and the relevance of the characters involved is meaningless. The problem is that the comic was in stasis for about half a decade. Ian didn't really have any strong ideas going forward, his output was inconsistent, and the quality of an arc was heavily reliant on its artist. You could have the Freedom Fighters around for a century, it doesn't fucking matter, but the comic needed new blood more than anything.
>>
>>93865493
This pretty much applies to all the big guns at Marvel/DC.

People like seeing their characters get into shit. Even if said shit has been done a million times before or just a slight variation.
>>
>>93865396

You have no idea how long the Japanese can hold a grudge.
>>
>>93866122
I know, but is that true or just heresy? We have the Sega Saturn shit on record, but is that actually going on today?
>>
>>93866226

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Capcom and Konami still treat their US branches like shit, why not Sega?
>>
>>93866280
Shut up Boco
>>
>>93864826
>only because of the OCs
Fuck off. I liked the Egg Bosses but I'm gonna miss characters not named Sonic actually doing shit, which is why I liked the comic in the first place.
>>
>>93866338

Yes si--wait, I already said that once.
>>
I'm just upset Ian's going down as a martyr instead of getting replaced by a better writer. He'll always be remembered far more fondly than if another writer took the reigns.
>>
Would the Sonic comic have taken a different path had Sonic X-Treme not been cancelled or Archie didn't hired Penders?
>>
>>93866366
True, that's been a thing in recent games, only Sonic has actually done something to save the world, Tails helped you a bit in Unleashed and in Lost World but beyond that? Sonic's friends are always cheering from the sideline. At least have a story where they have an active (if unplayable) role in key events, like maybe they help weaken a boss or something.
>>
File: Patrick.jpg (37KB, 479x349px) Image search: [Google]
Patrick.jpg
37KB, 479x349px
>>93855031
>>
>>93855534
Honestly, a years long lawsuit is a pretty dramatic way to kill a comic. Usually they just die out from irrelevance.
>>
>>93865493
Yeah. It's a comic book. We don't show up for the stuttering pacing or the bargain-bin plots. We show up for the personalities and interactions.
>>
>>93861026
>I think it's just a matter of SEGA being incompetent
Why would they bother advertising the comic that does nothing but give them legal trouble? Sonic's sale numbers are great for comics, but they're absolutely nothing compared to TV and video game sales, and it's Archie that actually needs the comic to sell in the first place. Sega would be mildly inconvenienced if somebody else's cash cow stopped giving them a probably flat annual licensing fee.
>>
>>93867031
Penders is a weird case. His tenure was marked by a ton of hack writing that never went anywhere, but also with constant devotion to turning Mobius into a sprawling sci-fi world. I can't say that's not what the fans wanted.

I can't speak to X-Treme, though. I know Tiara is a horrible character, and I'm glad she'll never see serious use.
>>
>>93861770
Shut the fuck up and stop spreading lies every goddamn thread because your cousin's cousin heard a rumor, Boco.
>>
>>93868683
I just don't see the point in licensing your IP to a comic you won't bother promoting
>>
>>93864669
That is absolutely not true at all, the issues with Classic Sonic were mandates, not licensing. Christ, where are people getting all this? The public information we outright know contradicts it 100%. Did this happen in the Boom contract and people assume it's the case for everything?
>>
>>93868798
Because in the 90's, comics were goddamn huge so it was good advertising. Now it's practically inertia that keeps the deal going, the benefit of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic is almost entirely Archie's. Sega gets barely anything out of it, but they (up until recently) also lost nothing so it continued.
>>
>>93864826
Sounds like someone cant make a good Sonic OC.
Come on its not that hard, step it up!
>>
File: 1481568825484.jpg (75KB, 277x256px) Image search: [Google]
1481568825484.jpg
75KB, 277x256px
This is a good thread.

Always nice to see a /co/ Sonic thread.
>>
>>93871629
Please, PLEASE have a good role in the new game Eggman. Don't let the new guy overshadow you.
>>
>>93860799
>>93860851
>>93863915
>>93864391
the problem is you can't really do a long term comic with just the game characters, SEGA doesn't allow character development to happen with them, which basically means you can only do gag comics with a game only cast, and those just don't sell anymore

>>93861498
>Simply due to them being created by Sega's US offices, due to the longstanding super-duper hate fest that exists between the US and Japan branches of Sega.
I'm honestly amazed Sega Japan hasn't just shuttered their American counterpart at this point
>>
>>93872072
>the problem is you can't really do a long term comic with just the game characters
Yes, you can. You don't need character development or some overbearing story. You can do gags and funnies and still have it sell, it's fucking Sonic. It's a big name brand, those shitty dark age comics still sold, why won't a good comic with just the game cast not sell? I doubt people gave two shits about Penders' OC's.

Archiefags are the worst, I really want them to kill the comic and bury those redundant Freedom Fighters.
>>
>>93872313
>You don't need character development or some overbearing story. You can do gags and funnies and still have it sell, it's fucking Sonic.
>Expecting a licensed monthly comic to last as long it did doing only that
The comic would last five years at most before it ran out of steam, especially now that Sega has added even more restrictions on what their characters can and can't do
>>
>>93872923
Especially during the Saturn Dry Spell. Sonic had to use filler issues until 1999.
>>
>>93860388
And pedos like Dan Drazen. Although I think he finally quit reviewing them a while back.
>>
File: geoffery.jpg (99KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
geoffery.jpg
99KB, 500x749px
>>93861731
His art inexplicably seems to only get worse. What happened to him? He was never the best Sonic penciler during his run at Archie, but it was never *this* bad.
>>
>>93872313
What you don't seem to get is that SEGA will never allow anyone to do anything meaningful with any of the game characters, so what you'd be left with is essentially a monster-of-the-week or gag comic. Do you think something like that would have lasted over 20 years?
>>
>>93871686
Wait... there's a new guy?
>>
File: 1375412455496.jpg (192KB, 978x636px) Image search: [Google]
1375412455496.jpg
192KB, 978x636px
>>93865745
Hell didn't pre-reboot he was using them as living batteries to power his city just because he felt like doing that which also resulted in him killing off like 70% of Knuckles race?
>>
>>93874307
Worse cases scenario he betrays Eggman like 99% times the guy tried to employee a power of some ancient creature unless this is one of his own inventions.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>93874307
Yeah, this guy. He's working with Eggman, Metal Sonic, Chaos (why the fuck is he a bad guy again?), Shadow (same question for him) and Zavok. I really hope Eggman doesn't lose his spot as final boss to him but it looks like that might happen.
>>
>>93874451
>>93874477
Shit. Why can't they just let Eggman and Eggman alone be the villain for once? Le sigh.

>>93874392
Pre-reboot comic could be hella dark at times. I miss it.
>>
>>93874392
You're thinking of the Egg Grapes which, yes, did use living creatures as a fuel source and did kill off a bunch of Echidnas. Charmy also lost his mother and sister to them.
>>
>>93874555
Well, there's Sonic Mania with Eggman as the villain for himself
>>
>>93874555
Yeah, it work with Colors. BUT, if this new guy is loyal to Eggman, I won't mind it and I'll just judge him(?) by his characterization.
>>
They might as well just end it. Sally was the last good thing about the Sonic franchise and Sega is deliberately denying SonxSall.
>>
>>93874555
Eggman's been the final boss for the last 3 Sonic games, funny enough. if Infinite is the final boss in Forces, it would be the first time someone other than the Dr. was the last boss in 9 years (unless you count the Mother Wisp of Colors DS).
>>
>>93874555
Eggman was the sole villain in Colors. And he was technically the only villain in Generations, seeing as he (along with himself from the past) was in complete control of the Time Eater.
>>
>>93874594
Lost world he was also the final boss. Which I'm glad because I really didn't like the other six bozos
>>
Any artfags her willing to color some art?
>>
>>93874728
Wrong thread?
>>
>>93874815
No, it's a personal piece drawn by Yardley.
>>
>>93874835
Depending on its complexity, I might take a stab at it. Post it and see what happens.
>>
>>93874477
>the ultimate sonic recolor oc

Sega is going to make bank out of this.
>>
>>93872313
>Yes, you can. You don't need character development or some overbearing story. You can do gags and funnies and still have it sell, it's fucking Sonic. It's a big name brand, those shitty dark age comics still sold, why won't a good comic with just the game cast not sell? I doubt people gave two shits about Penders' OC's.
did you miss the part where I pointed out that straight gag comics(that aren't adult oriented) don't particularly sell well in the US anymore, that's the part that would kill a game only Sonic comic if it lasted more than maybe a year

>>93874477
there's either time muckery happening or Chaos and Shadow have been hypnotized

>>93874290
exactly

>>93874558
>Charmy also lost his mother and sister to them.
it also turned him into a retard, because Sega mandated that Charmy started acting like his game version who is like 6, while Archie Charmy had been established as being in the same age group as most of the main cast for about as long as he has existed in the comics

Charmy was one of the few game characters to be improved by the Pendering and ensuing partial reboot
>>
File: nicolessal.png (3MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
nicolessal.png
3MB, 2550x3300px
>>93874875
please color
>>
J U S T
F U C K I N G
R E L E A S E
O V E R D R I V E
Y O U
C U N T S
>>
>>93860493
Ron Lim, Many Hands, and Jim Valentino are the trinity of shitty Archie Sonic artists
>>
>>93874477
I'm actually fine if he does. Not because I hate Eggman but because he already has been the final boss three times in a row. His final boss outta nowhere in Lost World kind of makes me hope for a more original final boss this time around.
>>
>>93875013
>it also turned him into a retard
Oh yeah, I wonder why Sega even thought to turn him into a kid?
>>
>>93875264
Sonic Team didn't create the original Chaotix, but wanted to use their designs for Heroes. They're essentially new characters in an old skin.
>>
>>93875133
At least Many Hands and Valentino only did one issue each. Ron Lim was on the book for a hot minute.
>>
File: where do you think we are (co).png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are (co).png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>93860361
>as I see people, adults, talk about it being good all the time, but it is a kids book.
>>
>>93873064
>>93872923
That was 1996/7, we have much more we can use. And so what if it lasts five years? Five good years beats twenty shitty years.

>>93874290
>>93875013
Once again, why do we need a long-running comic? Why can't it have a shorter run and be known for its great jokes and such? You idiots are so hellbent on trying to recreate the same conditions that made the comic big when it started yet fail to realize the audience then is not the same as it is now.

You lorefags are the worst. You're just pissy people don't want those shitty OC's and their melodrama associated with Sonic. SEGA doesn't either.
>>
>>93875559
It's a business, you retard. They're not gonna run it for five years when they can run it for 20 and make more money
>>
>>93875674
But it's not giving them any real money. The comic is only benefiting Archie. SEGA could cut it and see no difference in their annual revenue. Again, get over it. Your comic is dead and a new comic with those guidelines will prevent another Penders. It's for the best.
>>
>>93875131
This. It was the only thing from Archie I gave a shit about.
>>
>>93875674
Anon, I don't get how you're falling for such low quality bait.
>>
>>93875559
>Once again, why do we need a long-running comic? Why can't it have a shorter run and be known for its great jokes and such? You idiots are so hellbent on trying to recreate the same conditions that made the comic big when it started yet fail to realize the audience then is not the same as it is now.
the problem is there's even less of an audience for what you're wanting, so fuck you
>>
I'm not so mad about Sonic so much as I am about Archie never just making a Sega Presents... line of comics. Just a showcase of Sega stories, each arc being a different game.
>>
>>93860843
>but so they can maybe use some of Sega's other IPs

yeah because comics based on sega's other IPs have gone so well in the past

I'm not even gonna bother posting an image you know exactly what I'm talking about
>>
File: 1497800292005.jpg (5KB, 172x179px) Image search: [Google]
1497800292005.jpg
5KB, 172x179px
>>93875873
>Citing facts is bait

>>93875909
I think people would buy a comic that focuses only on the games and game characters. You think Sonic's sales come from the comic? You think people really give a shit about the comic characters? I'm talking about Sonic on a whole, not just the comics or /co/. Look how many people are busting over Mania.

Less of an audience my ass.
>>
>>93876050
>Citing facts is bait
>Stating that the comic would sell more if it was game exclusive characters only, when Mega Drive's sales went down drastically after the 1st issue
Okay, anon
>>
>>93860361

big furry tiddies
>>
>>93876245
That happened because Archie got in that scandal with Fulop. Why hold on to those relics of the past? Is your shitty lore that important?
>>
File: 1489079747937.jpg (11KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1489079747937.jpg
11KB, 210x240px
SALLY ACORN IN A CANON SONIC GAME HYPE

Who /bestgirl/ here
>>
>>93868755

Uh, which part is the lie?
>>
File: 1459364276024.png (452KB, 1280x1687px) Image search: [Google]
1459364276024.png
452KB, 1280x1687px
>>93876328

unless you count a cameo in spinball and a cancelled genesis game, then it's literally never ever tier. Also

>Who /bestgirl/ here

representin I'm not fairweather fan I've been riding the honey train since I found out about her leftover assets in the sonic gems collection version of the game back in like 2006
>>
>>93876315
>That happened because Archie got in that scandal with Fulop
The scandal happened months before Next Level came out. And & it barely did better than the Universe issue that came out the same month.
>>
>>93876445
Oh, & issues 287 & 288 (which both had the FFs) did better than the Next Level.
>>
File: 1474519170427.png (955KB, 771x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474519170427.png
955KB, 771x1080px
>>93876445
>>93876583
Because you faggots hate anything that doesn't feature those reject expies of the small animals and refuse to accept that the comic is redundant. It really doesn't matter, the comic is dead and SEGA knows where the money truly is.
>>
>>93876637

I have a 32X. Its an odd experience.
>>
>>93876637
>SEGA knows where the real money is.
Judging by the facts I pointed out, the real money is with the game & FFs characters together. And for the record, I don't hate the game characters. Not at all. Sonic, Tails, Amy, Eggman & Knuckles are literally my top 5 favorite Sonic characters. But, facts are facts & there's nothing wrong with comics like Mega Drive co-existing with the main comic.
>>
>>93876693
>Sonic, Tails, Amy, Eggman & Knuckles are literally my top 5 favorite Sonic characters.
They also happen to be THE main five characters, the entry level characters at that. Call me when you go deeper than that.
>>
>>93876736
They may be the main five, but they're a best
>>
>>93876911

Well, four of them anyway.
>>
>>93875088
Anyone wanna color?
>>
File: yardleywip.png (215KB, 808x668px) Image search: [Google]
yardleywip.png
215KB, 808x668px
>>93877039
WIP
>>
>>93876673

But why tho

the 32X has literally nothing good on it, I mean shit at least the CD has Snatcher, Sonic CD, Keio Flying Squadron, stuff like that.
>>
>>93877386

Because I was (still am, really) a huge fan of Knuckles and wanted Knuckles' Chaotix. Badly.

Only now, thanks to the magic of second hand stores, have I been able to find a few other games worth playing on it.
>>
>>93877039
Hey man, a little feedback would be nice. I don't want to waste my time continuing if you aren't happy with what I've done so far.
>>
>>93877420
Like what? Legit interested in buying a 32x one day, even though I wasn't fan of what I played of Chaotix on emulators.
>>
>>93878092

The cream of the crop is probably Virtua Fighter, Star Wars Arcade, Virtua Racing, and Kolibri. Some great ports of Afterburner and Space Harrier, too.

A few of the Genesis ports look better than the originals, if you've never played them (Primal Rage, Pitfall, MK2).

And then theres the "so bad they're good" games, like Cosmic Carnage, Metal Head, and Motocross Championship.
>>
>>93854965
>Excitement is in the other direction.

How fitting a metaphor.
>>
>>93878183
>Star Wars Arcade
Say no more. As long as it's a good port, that, along with Choatix, are enough to sell me on the 32x.
>>
>>93878279

Just beware that its the 1993 version, not the later one from 1998.
>>
>>93876989
Eggman's a best, too
>>
>>93861498
Literally the only one worth being upset about losing is Nicole.
>>
File: Nicole_Spark_of_Life.png (2MB, 1304x2079px) Image search: [Google]
Nicole_Spark_of_Life.png
2MB, 1304x2079px
>>93878445
RIP digital lynx goddess
>>
>>93877718
Not that anon, but I'm gonna throw my two cents in and say that the color job is excellent. If there's anything that needs improvement, I'd suggest that the darkest shadows be curved at the edges. Gives a smoother feel to math the hair shadow over the face.

Other than that it's fantastic so far.
>>
>>93878563
By the darkest shadows, do you the mean like on the tips of her hair? In any case, thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.
>>
>>93874555
"For once"? The last three games have had Eggman as the last boss.

Also
>le sigh
>>
>>93878603
>By the darkest shadows, do you the mean like on the tips of her hair?

Yeah. Feels a little pointy at the edges of the shadow when it goes in a different direction, when it should probably be the smoothest and most curved.

>In any case, thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.

Absolutely, anon. Fellow artist, so I know that need to know if I'm doing something right.
>>
File: yardleywip.png (223KB, 646x753px) Image search: [Google]
yardleywip.png
223KB, 646x753px
>>93878684
Finally finished Sally. I hope I addressed the issue you raised, although I probably misunderstood. I'm not really an artist, I just like to tinker with stuff like this.
>>
>>93879564
Damn, nice work!
>>
>>93855031
itd be nice if the SatAM's could be a sega-approved spin-off team, like the Chaotix.
>>
Man I just love Sonic Boom. Just saw Muckfoot
>you're the man now dog
So this show is for grown ass man children right?
>>
File: yardleywip.png (239KB, 705x769px) Image search: [Google]
yardleywip.png
239KB, 705x769px
>>93879629
Thanks. Here's where I am so far with Nicole.
>>
>>93880709
that's why we love it. I expected it to be another forgettable european kids cartoon, but they hit notes at the right moments
>>
>>93880867
>Knuckles has been hiding fish at Tails' house for months
>Eggman will sneak in to rub Tails' mouse in his armpit
This show can't die. The amount of small petty shit is too gold.
>>
File: Shaq_water.webm (681KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shaq_water.webm
681KB, 1280x720px
>I'm transferring a map to you wirelessly
>just hands him a fucking map
>>
File: 1467816643866.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1467816643866.png
1MB, 720x1280px
>>93861498
You dumbass. Naoto Oshima got sent a SatAM DVD or poster (I don't remember exactly, check his twitter) back when it was still airing by the producers or something and even said he enjoyed it a lot. SoJ, or rather Sonic Team, don't have a hate boner for Archie's furry OCs outside of maybe Pender's because of the whole legal bullshit.
>>
File: sallynicole.png (2MB, 2000x2588px) Image search: [Google]
sallynicole.png
2MB, 2000x2588px
>>93874728
Here ya go. Coloring something that large without a tablet is a real pain, and it shows when you zoom in. Sorry for that. This was really was the best I could do.
>>
>>93881794
Massive, massive citation needed.
>>
>>93879748
Stranger things have happened.
>>
>>93881868
Fuck that, considering I don't care for the Archie cast in the first place. Regardless, Sonic Xtreme was originally going to feature the SatAM cast and the main reason they removed them is because as time went on during development the show became less relevant.
>but muh american devs
It was going to be the next main Sonic game so they would've been "canon" anyway. Luckily they scrapped that shit.
>>
>>93881940
>Sonic Xtreme was originally going to feature the SatAM cast

Now you're really just puling stuff out your ass. It was a completely different game that almost had the SatAM characters. Xtreme's history is well documented.
>>
>>93881961
>What is Sonic Mars
>>
>>93881995
Exactly
>>
>>93876637
How is it any more redundant than any other long running series? Of course few hundred issues you'd see repeats of storylines, what can you expect from that's been going on for 20+ years?
>>
>>93878279
>Choatix
>>
>>93881851
Bumping in hopes that the anon who asked for this might see it.
>>
>>93881851
>>93882803
Not him, but awesome job
>>
>>93883003
That's very kind of you, friend. I just hope he's able to see it before this thread gets archived.
>>
>>93881851
Doesn't GIMP have an option to set the outlines as an overlay, then just colour everything in underneath?
>>
>>93883129
Probably, but it would have meant cutting out all the white space from the scan and making a vector out of it (not sure there's a clean way of doing that), or reoutlining everything, which would have been a bitch, but would have probably saved me more trouble in the long run.
>>
>>93883293
Not sure how it works on GIMP, but on Photoshop you just set the layer with your lines to the "Multiply" layer setting, then you just make layers underneath your outlines with the different colours you're using. Anything that's white automatically goes transparent on the layer you've set as the outlines, so you can just colour in without having to worry. I also run it through waifu to clear up any noise, then fuck around with the gamma to darken the blacks even more so you don't get colour clashes. It's a minute of work at most at the start, but it saves a lot of time overall, and lets you preserve the original lines
>>
>>93883335
I'm pretty sure you can do all that, it just hadn't occurred to me. It's embarrassing, but as often as I like to doodle and color things in GIMP, I usually work harder rather than smarter. But now that you've explained to me the use of the multiply layer setting, I will definitely try coloring that way next time. Thanks!
>I also run it through waifu
Now that I did do, twice in fact. It still didn't remove as much noise as I'd have liked.
Re: the original lines, I hope it's not as I thought it was. I really did try to manually fix every line I inadvertently broke.
>>
>>93883483
Nah, that wasn't as much a comment on your colouring in particular, just how colouring OVER the lines tends to remove some of the line thickness. It's what I used to do until some anon called me a dumb fuck for using the paint bucket tool instead of just treating the layer as an overlay, and suddenly I realised how easy it was to colour in with a mouse. You can even shade with it by treating the darker layer as an overlay too, so it darkens up the colour underneath it
>>
>>93883545
I'm saving both of these posts because I have a feeling this information will soon be invaluable to me. Thank you so much. I know that using the paint bucket and brush to shade is a slower, cumbersome, ass-backward way of working, I just never bothered to learn how to color with layers. But I'm pretty sure GIMP has all the same shit Photoshop has, so I'll definitely put all this into practice next time.
>>
>>93854965
>those fucking lawsuits
Did anything actually come of Mike Gallagher's (or whoever the writer was) lawsuit, or are they still hurting from Pender's?
>>
>>93861063
I don't think those people "wanted" constant Star Trek and James Bond references in his stories. I should know, I was one of his fans when I was little, but when I later learned how much he aped from other properties I was disgusted.
>>
>>93884114
Fulop is the guy currently suing. Last update I saw was that SEGA is trying to get the judge to throw the case out.
>>
>>93884882
Shit, so SEGA is definitely involved this time? That can't bode well for the comic.
>>
>>93885948
Fulop sued both Archie and SEGA.
>>
File: 20.png (201KB, 757x351px) Image search: [Google]
20.png
201KB, 757x351px
>Reboot the entire universe while removing 99% of the cast
>Still couldn't save it

I'm finally coming to terms with the death of this comic. It's just fucked.

I've been holding off putting SEGA back on my eternal shitlist but if they don't integrate what's left of the comic into something else, then say hello to your new neighbor Jack Thompson
>>
>>93886321
>SEGA
>integrate what's left of the comic into something else
lol
>>
File: douche.png (341KB, 379x393px) Image search: [Google]
douche.png
341KB, 379x393px
>>93886321
>It's just fucked.
And who do we have to blame for that?
>>
>>93886367
America. Fuck lawyers.
>>
>>93886367
Archie?
>>
>>93876637
>I don't know shit about comics
Being quarterly tanked its sales potential.
>>
File: naoto ohshima satam.png (679KB, 698x1938px) Image search: [Google]
naoto ohshima satam.png
679KB, 698x1938px
>>93881868
You could have just checked his Twitter yourself, you dummy. It was only like a month ago.
https://twitter.com/NaotoOhshima/status/872706062641643521
>>
File: pendering.png (36KB, 1322x398px) Image search: [Google]
pendering.png
36KB, 1322x398px
>>93886367
Everyone involved. Everyone.
>>
>>93887009
archie just had shit lawyers. as people have mentioned before, a copy would've sufficed
>>
New Ride when?
>>
>>93881794
>>93886944
Takashi Iizuka said it hated the western Sonic stuff in the early days, but eventually began to appreciate it.

I don't know how Yuji Naka feels about it.
>>
>>93886944
This fag >>93861498 btfo
>>
>>93887611
well of course he'd hate it. assface american sonic ruined the classic design
>>
>>93887715
He is called "Assface Mohawk" American Sonic, thank you very much.
>>
>>93874290
Honestly the Sega characters have been more interesting after the reboot than the DiC ones. They're both just as static now, one is simply mandated by Sega while the other is by the image formed by the fans and status quo.
>>
>>93875013
>it also turned him into a retard, because Sega mandated that Charmy started acting like his game version who is like 6,
That was all Ian, and he's stated it was a big mistake to do it through brain drain.
>>
>>93876352
Sonic X is owned entirely by Sega except for animation rights which is STANDARD PROCEDURE. There's never been anything about the OVA being owned by anybody else either, you just heard about the mandate and assumed it must be a legal issue because you'll believe literally anything to pursue your victim complex.
>>
>>93887465
Weren't there crucial parts not signed on the copy? I recall reading that in one of the court documents.
>>
>Re-reading 160 in lieu of The Ride 2.0
>That ginormous fucking jump in quality everywhere

I can't name a single time I saw another comic uncuck itself this fast.
>>
>>93888364
>Sonic X is owned entirely by Sega except for animation rights which is STANDARD PROCEDURE
Not like it matters anymore; SegaSammy owns TMS.
>>
File: 1500090856166.png (967KB, 771x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500090856166.png
967KB, 771x1080px
>>93876637
Fixed, as the 32X does not have enough ram/horse power to run Sonic Mania. Saturn can do it but only with a 4 Meg Ram Cart due to it's sprite animation frame count.
>>
>>93891998
Not to mention it running in 16:9 when the Genesis is only capable of 4:3.
>>
>>93890452
Wait... really? A classic animation company got bought a stupid fucking pachinko conglomerate?
>>
File: tontu3.jpg (6KB, 300x326px) Image search: [Google]
tontu3.jpg
6KB, 300x326px
>>93854965
>>93855031
>>93855534
Can you give me a quick rundown on the situation? I haven't kept up with Sonic is years
>>
>>93854965
>What's the status on the Sonic series?
>next question
>>
>>93894857
They also own Madhouse.
Look it up.
>>
>>93894956
see >>93887009
>>
>>93887009
>>93895174
Lmao thanks
>>
>>93895070
Then this begs the question: Why did they use an amateur animator for Sonic Mania's cutscenes rather than TMS or Madhouse?
>>
>>93854965
Just kill the characters and be done with it already. Then Mario can finally have comics again.
>>
>>93895417
Tyson Heese is a talented dude & it fits the theme of Mania being a game made by Sonic fans.
>>
>>93895417
Because that would be a beauracratic clusterfuck to get going and Mania is low budget.
>>
>>93895479
That theme is only perceived by the game's fandom, though. It's not like from a marketing angle they're going "Hey, kids, come buy this brand new Sanic game made by fans JUST LIKE YOU". And anyway, as good as Tyson Hesse is, he's no Madhouse.
>>
>>93895548
To be fair, the fans look at it that way because the people working on Mania are Sonic fans. And besides, I'm glad Heese got to do the Mania trailer vid because that (along with Ian & Evan doing episodes of Boom) will hopefully lead to more of the people who worked on the comic doing other stuff with Sonic. Also, Heese only worked on the trailer, he won't be doing the cutscenes for the full game.
>>
>>93895548
The name is literally meant to convey that the team is full of "Sonic Maniacs."
>>
>>93861399
>Even Sticks is considered more legitimate a Sonic character than the FFs.

Because she was the one Boom character that Sega designed.
>>
>>93877314
i love you
>>
>>93895548
Because Tyson Hesse was probably really, really chreap to get.
>>
>>93863915
>You could do what the Mega Man comic did and adapt the games' storyline from the beginning

Yeah, worked wonders for it.
>>
File: 1391998259755.jpg (18KB, 185x204px) Image search: [Google]
1391998259755.jpg
18KB, 185x204px
>>93865493
Why do people like this asshole always insist that the comic be 1:1 to the games? If all you care about the game characters and canon, just play the games. Why would you want to read something you could have played? The Mega Man comic did this exact thing and it died prematurely. The Sonic comic lasted for 20 years and it diverged from the games alot, yet you think going completely game canon will make it better? A lot of people dropped the comic because of the reboot.
>>
>>93876637
It was comic fans that bought the next issue. The high numbers from the first one was from newcomers who saw that shiny #1 but dropped it afterward, just like with every reboot in every comic.
>>
File: 1492184231346.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1492184231346.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>93872313
Sonic isn't as big as he used to be.

Production costs have gone up. Its a valid concern that a Sonic gag comic would struggle. Currently the only gag comics I can think of that have been going on strong (Simpsons, Scooby, Looney Toons) are either wholly owned by the publisher, have a shit ton of consumer base inertia, or don't have crazy license rules.

>>93875559
>Five good years beats twenty shitty years
Yes, it sure would be nice to have Sonic become Darkstalker tier hit/miss crapshoots that retread the genesis games.

>>93876315
>>93876245
>be on comics board
>not understanding how #1s work

Just..
>>
>>93896844
Eh to be fair, Mega man got fucked by the editor as well. It didn't help that he wanted to use it to prepare for a DC/Marvel job by demanding arcs for trades, pushing his OC, and blowing the bank on a shit tier cross over.
>>
>>93897461

If I ever meet that asshole in person I'm punching him.
>>
>>93897290
Anon, that doesn't change my point, tho. The sales were no better than the actual comic, which is what that "if the comic was game characters-only, it would do better"anon was talking about.
>>
>Genesis of a Hero
>Mega Drive
>Never going to get finished
If there is any god in this world, they'll release the last part of Mega Drive. Fuck everything else. Release that, and I'll be happy.
>>
>>93886367
Look at this man and tell me he doesn't look like the biggest cock sucker in existence
>>
>>93895826
I don't know anyone who interprets the name that way. Do you also think the same reasoning applies to Wrestlemania or Mickey Mania? It's a naming trope that suggests something made for enthusiasts, not necessarily BY enthusiasts, sort of like "[insert noun] Madness".
>>
>>93896844
> The Mega Man comic did this exact thing and it died premature
To be fair, the Mega Man comic did have OCs, and some of them were pretty decent. RIP Quake Woman
>>
>>93897593
It's sad, because long before all this happened, when I was a young boy reading the Knuckles comics, I really looked up to this guy. Then one day I made the mistake of posting a conservative politic opinion on his message board and he REEEEEEEEEE'd away any admiration I had for him.
>>
>>93895070
>They also own Madhouse.
They fucking don't you dipshit.
Madhouse is part of Nippon Television Holdings.
http://www.ntvhd.co.jp/english/group/index.html
>>
File: ddf.jpg (171KB, 1200x819px) Image search: [Google]
ddf.jpg
171KB, 1200x819px
Remember that time Iizuka met Penders?
>>
>>93901159
>Lara-Su shit in the back
Jesus fuck tell me this isnt real, im going to be sick from second-hand embarrassment
>>
>>93901452
It's real, anon. This was at a convention, iirc.
>>
>>93901452
It's real. Iizuka and Aaron made a surprise unannounced visit at a convention in LA in early 2016. The Sonic voice actors, Boom writers, and Penders were the announced guests.
>>
>>93901159
>"y-yes Mr. Iizuka, I-I really enjoyed your work on Sonic & Knuckles"
>"A-As you can see, I-I really like Echidnas!"
>"P-Please read my comic... It's coming out soon, I swear"
>>
>>93901613
>>93901563
Thats actually horrifying. Why would Penders even be invited after all of that drama? Why is he allowed to have those ugly OC cutouts, it almost feels like he is gloating about being able to own """""Sonic""""" characters over Sega/Archie.

Why would Iizuka even talk to him? Jesus fuck, imagining what Penders probably said when Iizuka approached him is making me cringe hard.
>>
>>93896844
>I don't read Sonic for Sonic.
This is basically what you said.
>>
>>93901159
Has Ian ever met Iizuka?
>>
>>93901692
Ian will never be given the privilege.
>>
>>93901675
Him being a guest was pretty controversial when they announced it, IIRC. I think they just did it for extra attention since it did put eyes on the convention.

That said, the room was small, so he was hard to miss and Iizuka was probably curious to see what the fuck that Lara-Su monstrosity is at a Sonic convention.
>>
>>93901753
That's gotta hurt on some level.
>>
>>93901159
They are literally the same person for their specific medium of Sonic.
>>
>>93902150
Iizuka has put out at least two games of above-average quality as head of the team. More than we can really say for Penders as head writer.
>>
>>93902150
You're giving Penders too much credit.
>>
File: 5e1ca5d7aPQvK.png (1MB, 792x1224px) Image search: [Google]
5e1ca5d7aPQvK.png
1MB, 792x1224px
>>93895447
>Then Mario can finally have comics again.
Dream softly, loser.
>>
>>93881851
WOW!

I am the guy that requested the color job, that is incredible! Thank you so much! So tempted to ask for another... but this is enough. They look wonderful.
>>
>>93902541

Huh, whoever drew this actually made Peach look cute.
>>
>>93901679
>This is basically what you said.
>not wanting a retread of video games=don't like the mc

Yeah, I can see how you came to that conclusion. If you're a retard.
>>
>>93903024
Thanks, I'm so glad you like it! It was a nice to way to kill a few hours on a boring night at work. If this thread is still up tomorrow night I might ask for another to do.
>>
>>93863915

And the Mega Man comic was terrible when it did that.
>>
Everybody keeps saying the Mega Man comic was terrible for adapting the games from the beginning, but it wasn't that simple. Not only did very game adaptation had a stand-alone filler arc in between, but there were a few decent original characters like Quake Woman to pad out the cast as well.
>>
>>93904777
Trips confirm. The Mega Man games have so little story that trying to adapt them is functionally the same as making a comic about your Mega Man fanfiction (i.e., the same thing the Sonic comics do)
>>
File: tumblr_oju3x3mmuR1vqhnudo1_1280.png (845KB, 1280x1690px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oju3x3mmuR1vqhnudo1_1280.png
845KB, 1280x1690px
>>93903041
Peach is always cute. Stop being stupid Boco.
>>
>>93904961
Honestly they should have had a few issues detailing how things started, then a time skip issue with how things progressed, and then made the rest of the comic take place after Megaman 10.That would have given so much more room to play around with interesting interactions and scenarios. That was the strength of the Sonic comic, it told a story that the games didn't tell.
>>
>>93905490

When it takes fanart to make a character cute or attractive, it means she never was in the first place.

>>93905601

Thats why the first crossover was so great. Everything from 1-10 was already established.
>>
>>93905601
Can't argue that, although I did enjoy seeing my favorite MM game (3) adapted.
>>
>>93905641
Boco, shut the fuck up, you underage faggot.
>>
>>93905707
>Not having him filtered
>>
>>93905679
If there was enough fan requests, they could have done game adaptions in mini-series format, as they did with Sonic.
>>
>>93905769

Or just do flashbacks to explain relevant info. Not like the games aren't available to play these days anyway.
>>
>>93905641
Exactly. God I fucking loved the Worlds collide crossover. Every character was written so well.
>>
>>93905815
And not like they haven't been written in comic book/manga format before...
>>
>>93887611
Now THIS needs a citation.
>>
>>93905818

Yup. And no wasting time introducing everyone.

>>93905853

That too.
>>
File: 1358745529209.png (126KB, 252x268px) Image search: [Google]
1358745529209.png
126KB, 252x268px
>>93905818
>Ian was working out ideas for the crossover the moment he found out he'd be writing both books just in case he got write one

Boy did that bit of foresight work out
>>
File: 20170714_213541.jpg (665KB, 831x1378px) Image search: [Google]
20170714_213541.jpg
665KB, 831x1378px
>>93897542

I replyed in a /v/ thread about Sonic Mania, but I talk with Tyson Hesse every year at Anime Expo and he told me a few weeks ago that the last issue of Mega Drive is practically finished, and that he and his editor were looking into a slim workaround to get it published directly through Sega who do show interest. So there is still hope for a physical release.

Also he said that even if that fell through he'd just leak it.
>>
>>93866691
>that one guy who's still upset a comic aimed at children, based off of an almost completely plotless videogame, didn't have high-quality writing

>>93876637
>"There would be a bigger fanbase for a strictly game-based comic, they need to let the cartoon-based comic die already!"
>"They tried that, sales fell off hard, didn't do as well as the cartoon-based comic."
>"Well that was due to the lawsuit!"
>"That happened quite some time after, and the cartoon-based comics still sold more."
>"THATS BECAUSE YOU FAGGOT FANS WON'T LET GO OF YOUR SHITTY OC'S
I swear watching you AoStH fans constantly rage that SatAM won the popularity contest never gets old.
>>
>>93905601
>That was the strength of the Sonic comic, it told a story that the games didn't tell.
OC donut steel kingdom nonsense and Knuckles clones drama?
>>
>>93907489
One man's OC donut steel kingdom nonsense and Knuckles clones drama is another man's favorite comic book series. Whatever you say about it doesn't alter the fact that the comic had a devoted following for most of its 23 year run.
>>
File: S1e1b_Wander_sad.jpg (108KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
S1e1b_Wander_sad.jpg
108KB, 1365x768px
>longest running comic based on a videogame franchise in history
>coming up to issue 300
>would have happened during the franchise's 25th anniversary year

>The longest-running monthly American comic to never be relaunched is Sonic the Hedgehog.
>The longest-running monthly American comic to never be relaunched is Sonic the Hedgehog.

It beats Detective comics, it beats action comics, it beats Amazing Spider-Man

And it's going to get fucking cancelled because Sega are playing hardball with archie over some fucknut trying to sue archie even AFTER they just did a purge of questionable characters from a prior lawsuit.

I mean yeah sure the majority of the back catalogue is now un-reprintable meaning you can't really cash in on that massive legacy and do reprints and masterwork editions and shit, but goddamn this will be a blow to comics if it goes. It wasn't always great but it's literally the longest running american comic that never got retitled, rebranded or whatever IN HISTORY.

Plus is has cute waifus. RIP Bunnie
>>
File: 1465617113657.jpg (439KB, 1213x980px) Image search: [Google]
1465617113657.jpg
439KB, 1213x980px
>>93908217
Bunnie was SatAm. The comic's girls were infinitely superior.
>>
>>93905679
>Mix with with that terrible lightgun crap

I wanted the comic to die so hard that it actually did.
>>
>>93908447
I don't give a fuck what this projecting ass clown thinks. The Egg Bosses are a million times more interesting than nostalgia-baiting and Fisher-Price dialogue.
>>
File: Masterplan.jpg (1MB, 992x2936px) Image search: [Google]
Masterplan.jpg
1MB, 992x2936px
>>93908700
They were too good. People's interest in the comic increased like tenfold whenever they were featured because they were outside of SEGA's mandate, so Archie was allowed to actually spur on the drama which quite frankly is the only thing they're good at.
>>
>>93908971
>sonic... you have aids
>>
>>93908971
I have to say though that's a 100% perfect look of despair in panel 3 on this page.
>>
File: 1492796125045.jpg (1MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1492796125045.jpg
1MB, 1987x3056px
>>93909180
It makes a comeback later.

>>93909135
>It grew 2 legs and named itself Ken Penders
>>
>>93908971
God, Ian is the best at writing Eggman. Why they haven't fired those Happy Tree Friend fucks and gotten him to write the games is anyone's guess.
>>
>>93909960
>Baldy McNosehair

I remember when Colors came out and newfags were, like, "this is a step in the right direction!"

It's Shadow the hedgehog tier cringe, just a different flavor of it.
>>
>>93909960
Well, only Graff is writing the english dialogue for Forces & Ian's written two episodes of Boom already, so he may be slowly getting his foot in the door of doing shit for Sonic outside of the comic & they may be slowly phasing Pontaff out.
>>
>>93894339
Case in point.

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/widescreen-sega-saturn-gaming-nights
>>
>>93865320
>even Marvel and Dark Horse couldn't afford it.
More like wouldn't. A lot of American companies (and fans) are ignorant of the fact that licensing Godzilla does not equate licensing Toho kaiju as a whole. Trendmasters licensed a ton because making toys of all the monsters is more interesting than Godzilla and OCs. Atari/Pipeworks licensed a ton of monsters because a fighting game needs many characters. IDW licensed a ton of monsters purely becasue they would be the only American comic company that ever did.

On the otherhand you have companies like Legendary when making the first movie who only licensed Godzilla, and NECA who only has Godzilla because they wanted to make a figure of said Legendary version.
>>
>>93910356
Ooh, widescreen Nights. Nice.
>>
File: 1465327258908.jpg (513KB, 1500x2318px) Image search: [Google]
1465327258908.jpg
513KB, 1500x2318px
Battle Kukku had better make a return in the games.
>>
>>93906425
I fucking love Tyson Hesse
How he doesn't punch Arin in the teeth whenever he goes after low hanging fruit to shit on Sonic is beyond me
>>
>>93856214
Post reboot characters wouldn't be a problem, but other characters might be. All the Penders owned characters have been wiped out with the reboot, but apparently someone else that created some other characters had recently sued Archie under advice from Penders. Penders is the gift that keeps on giving.
>>
>>93912091
The other writer is suing over reprints and Archie digitally distributing nearly all issues of the comics which of course some have the characters he introduced.
>>
File: Sally_meets_Lynx_Nicole_(old).jpg (241KB, 640x658px) Image search: [Google]
Sally_meets_Lynx_Nicole_(old).jpg
241KB, 640x658px
>>93855031
That reminds me, was there ever any conversation about Nicole's legal status? She existed in the cartoon as a computer/AI, but that lynx version of her was created in the comic. I've been wondering if it was a little risky to let that design stay back when they rebooted the comic and removed the OCs.
>>
>>93912436
That story and design was done by Tania del Rio, who worked with Archie as recent as 2014 from what I've seen. According to her blog, they seem to be good with each other as of 2016, so there's likely no worries there.
>>
>>93906425
>Also he said that even if that fell through he'd just leak it.
Sounds like a good way to get sued and fucked over majorly.
>>
File: tumblr_osymho05sg1rpw9fto1_1280.jpg (450KB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_osymho05sg1rpw9fto1_1280.jpg
450KB, 1280x828px
at least Ian and ABT have their upcoming Drogune series
>>
>>93912685
I wish them the best of luck
>>
>>93912685
>Drogune

I could just google it, but I'd rather hear an actual person's opinion first. What's Drogune?
>>
>>93912790
Furry "totally not Sonic" OC DONUT STEEL shit.
>>
>>93908217
Sounds like they could relaunch. Purge all the OC cancer and start fresh

What's wrong with that?
>>
>>93912868
History, man, the history. And anyone who thinks the OCs are cancer clearly hasn't been reading since Ian took over 8-9 years ago.
>>
>>93912558
And if he can do it anonymously?
>>
>>93913113
Then good for him if he pulls it off, but no matter what, he'd still be fucking retarded to do it. Big risk for something that isn't really worth potentially fucking yourself over for.
>>
>>93913113
If the anon earlier ITT isn't just making shit up, he's already been implicated, and he would be the first suspect if the comic did end up leaked some day.
>>
>>93912868
Are you not familiar with issue 252? Where they dropped everything that wasn't made by Ian, Sega, or SatAM
>>
>>93872072
>I'm honestly amazed Sega Japan hasn't just shuttered their American counterpart at this point

Technically they kinda have, due to the massive layoffs their EU and US offices got, with Boom being the nail in the coffin and whatever remnants of the US offices they have being paired with ATLUS USA after their inquisition.
>>
File: 1439058125342.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439058125342.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>93913317
>252
>Where they dropped everything that wasn't made by Ian, Sega, or SatAM
You sure you aren't thinking about Sonic Overdrive?
>>
>>93914128
Yes, 252. As in the reboot issue
>>
>>93911042
I know, now if only homebrew is willing to port Sonic Mania to the Saturn.
>>
>>93908217
Are Wander of Yonder fags really this delusional? No fucking way would I say Sonic is better than those comics. Sonic started deteriorating because of the lawsuits. Shut up, faggot. Go consume more kids media and never read or watch any other material aimed at older audiences because you're fucking sheltered.
>>
File: 1489545561032.jpg (9KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
1489545561032.jpg
9KB, 276x183px
>>93914208
The Reboot issues that had the dedicated story of remember things from prior to the reboot that ended up being dropped and was generally considered a waste of ink and paper for the most part?
No really why does everyone keep bringing 252 and the following 3 issues like it was good or worthwhile? If anything the issue that would be recommended for that anon you were replying to would be 257 where they do things without referencing the prior pre-reboot stuff even if it would just lead to the Egg Boss OCs. But as he stated, a relaunch with OC purged, Sonic Overdrive would be the comic for him.
>>
>>93914356
Don't be a fucking smartass. It's where the reboot started and you know it
>>
>>93909996
To be fair, Eggman's dialogue was pretty fun, namely the background stuff.
>>
File: I mean come on.jpg (110KB, 763x563px) Image search: [Google]
I mean come on.jpg
110KB, 763x563px
>>93914401
Okay it's a reboot but but the anon asked for a Sonic comic relaunched and without OC and instead of saying Sonic Overdrive, which is just that, you gave him the issue that's a reboot that does nothing but talk about the past pre-rebooted universe that went nowhere for 3 issues afterwards.
>>
>>93914486
But it still gets to the question. Archie already tried.

They wanted to keep the numbering which is why they had that memory crap. The current lawsuit is because they didn't stop doing reprints which makes this a mute point anyways.
>>
>>93905434

I don't know if I'd say that, Ariga did a perfectly fine job adapting and expanding the game stories in his work.

The problem with Archie Mega Man is it was essentially paint by the numbers adaptations. Robot Master shows up, states their obligatory meme, Mega Man one shots them in two pages and then feels sad about it for the rest of the issue. Repeat x8 for 4 months.
>>
>>93914677

The word you're looking for is moot, not mute.
>>
>>93898023
>I don't know anyone who interprets the name that way.
Does the game's composer count?
https://mobile.twitter.com/teelopesmusic/status/774995949450043392

But seriously, I can't pull it back up from the dearth of news, but this was discussed already. It's called Mania because it's made by fans ("maniacs").
>>
>>93906580
>That one guy who's dismissive of someone who doesn't like the mass reverence towards mediocrity because "lol it's for kids fuck standards."

We already have enough people in the industry who idolize middling work as it is.
>>
>>93912685
>Ian, who often needs outside forces to reel him in, struggles with original content, and relies heavily on his artist.
>ABT, who needs cute designs to balance him out, struggles with stuff outside of character poses, and has issues expanding on the script.
>Working on a serious, action packed sky pirate original work.

This seems like a bad idea.
>>
>>93909960
Because Eggman isn't an edgelord.
>>
>>93915883
Ok, can you point out a comic aimed at children that actually has GOOD writing? Because I get the impression you are asking for something that doesn't exist and has never existed.

I say this because your entire beef appears to be that people don't hate Ian for not being an Alan Moore tier writer for a childrens comic book, when no one besides you is expecting him to be.
>>
>>93916214
Doesn't he regularly torture tiny creatures with this bullshit in games that's apparently the only way he knows how to make a battery
>>
>>93916299
>Ok, can you point out a comic aimed at children that actually has GOOD writing?
Bone, Tintin, The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, Zot! (if the young teen audience is permitted), Usagi Yojimbo, Astro Boy, to name a few. That's to say nothing of comics outside of the general adventure genre like Pogo, Calvin and Hobbes, Yotsuba&, etc.

>Because I get the impression you are asking for something that doesn't exist and has never existed.
I feel really bad for you if you think the Sonic comic is somehow the pinnacle of comics that are acceptable for children.

>I say this because your entire beef appears to be that people don't hate Ian for not being an Alan Moore tier writer for a childrens comic book, when no one besides you is expecting him to be.
You're projecting hard here.

I'm upset it has to be like this because the Sonic fan base has a tendency towards group mentalities. A lot of people already act like Ian is insanely talented and is the best (and only good) writer the comic ever had and all his stories are inherently great. The nuance of personal preference and stories being judged by their own merits is lost on a lot of them. With the comic ending like this, it's just going to be exacerbated. We're going to see another situation like the mid-00's, where people endlessly parroted that Penders was the only good writer and Karl Bollers was holding him back (yes, that was a thing!). I'm upset that he's going to end up a martyr, praised for the impression of what he was rather than actually assessed on his writing critically.

I don't give a shit if you like him or hate him -- I personally think he's hit or miss -- so much as I care that he's going to be held up as a fantastic writer because the book died with him.
>>
>>93916514
The animals literally hop out of the machines all mary-like. They aren't tortured. It's like putting a hamster in a wheel, it isn't being tortured.
>>
>>93917063
>Mary
Merry.
>>
>>93916924
Only comicfags call Ian great. The other parts of the fanbase have mixed opinions on him. Don't let it bother you.
>>
>>93917098
Christmas?
>>
>>93917113
It's also non-comic readers, similar to the above mentioned Penders case. It becomes "common knowledge" and perpetuates itself. I'm not tossing and turning in my sleep, but stuff like that's a real bummer, partially because it also means people gloss over the other writers and miss out on some pretty good kids' stories.

Hell, it sucks that almost everyone jumps on the Penders bandwagon too. I think the guy only wrote like six acceptable stories ever (and half of them were co-written), but still.
Thread posts: 385
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.