[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there examples of Japanese-style giant robots in DC or Marvel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: mech_Upload.jpg (61KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
mech_Upload.jpg
61KB, 600x450px
Are there examples of Japanese-style giant robots in DC or Marvel?
>>
>>93853648
pretty sure spiderman was the first sentai.
>>
File: ShogunFF.jpg (43KB, 255x389px) Image search: [Google]
ShogunFF.jpg
43KB, 255x389px
>>93853648
Marvel used to have the mecha from some old anime from the 70s as part of it's canon.
>>
>>93853648
Not sure what qualifies for Japanese style because they are so diverse. Gigantor looks nothing like a Gundam but here is a list of dudes who might peak your interests.

There is one in the spiderman multiverse some asian chick with a spider mech

MMPRs has(d)? a comic with DC

Kyle GL is a weeb and he makes anime mechas some times.

Iron man's godkiller

The entire race of celestials (kind of)

Batman has a mecha car

Iron Mans hulkbuster might count

Dont know about brainiac or ultron but I am sure they had some mechs

DCs Warbox its like gigantor with a bear head

Sentinels

Awesome Andy is a straight up power ranger monster robot

Avenger 5

Mastermold

Not 100 sure but I would bet that Dr Doom has made a giant doombot

Pretty sure there was some giant robot who fought with that weird ass american godzilla
>>
>>93854015
Motherfucking Combattler is canon to Marvel?
>>
File: marvel-tau-2[1].jpg (65KB, 848x621px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-tau-2[1].jpg
65KB, 848x621px
>>
>>93854029
>Pretty sure there was some giant robot who fought with that weird ass american godzilla
I liked the general from that issue. He was a good example of his archtype
>>
>>93854052
That's the Dawn of War model, is it? Lazy fucks
>>
>>93854088
I think it was supposed to be a reference. Like how every now and then you'll see a tie-fighter show up in a comic.
>>
File: file.png (617KB, 400x610px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
617KB, 400x610px
>>93854042
Yup, and Raideen and Danguard.
>>
>>93854052
AUN-VEN'OM NOBLE ETHEREAL
>>
>>93853648
I was literally talking about G Gundam for the first time in over ten years today bro how did you know?
>>
File: [email protected] (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
TechnicalReadout-3050U@1600x1200.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>93854029
>Not sure what qualifies for Japanese style because they are so diverse.
Japanese style mechs tend to be really stylized and are more likely to have a strongly humanoid silhouette. They often resemble a huge suit of armor. They usually have fully articulated hands and a head. This design philosophy is countered by Western mechs, which tend to be less stylized and modeled after tanks and other existing armored vehicles. Western mechs almost never have heads or articulated hands, favoring a more "realistic" approach. See Battletech(pic related) for examples.
>>
>>93853687
>Goranger
>JAKQ
>Spider-Man is a solo hero while "sentai" means "team"
But he did have the first Giant Transforming Robot in Toku, which led to Battle Fever J and the Super Sentai franchise as we know it
>>
File: SJ3RX_(Earth-3752).jpg (345KB, 1024x1580px) Image search: [Google]
SJ3RX_(Earth-3752).jpg
345KB, 1024x1580px
>>93853648
does red ronin count?
>>
>>93854513
But I want the one with a head and articulated fingers/hands. Give me my fucking Atlas!!!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.