[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the super hero film bubble ever pop? And if/when it does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: flbqhf1fdakfsygsvbep[1].jpg (55KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
flbqhf1fdakfsygsvbep[1].jpg
55KB, 620x470px
Will the super hero film bubble ever pop? And if/when it does what will become of the comics?
>>
I'll admit that it's lasting longer than I thought It would, but it needs to take more risks if it wants to extend it's lifespan at the BO. We need more movies like Logan and fewer movies like Avengers 2 and Thor 2.
>>
Movies and comics have essentially nothing to do with each other. Sometimes you'll see a boost in a #1 if it's launched around a movie and a small spike in trade sales when a movie comes out, but movies do not significantly affect the comic market financially.

Now if you're asking what Marvel will do without forced synergy everywhere, I guess that's a different discussion.
>>
>>93845192
2020. Everybody is waiting for Infinity War. also, by then, Dc will have used most of its characters. I believe they will manage to survive adapting, though.
>>
>>93845192
I believe movies are already changing comics: characters like Iron man rose in popularity, they try to emulate or incorporate elements that were sucessful in movies and more people might end up becoming comic book writers out of interest created because of the movies.
>>
>>93845422
Iron Man didn't see any rise in comics popularity. He doesn't even sell floppies like an A-lister and doesn't make money from normies (bookstore) sales either.

>and more people might end up becoming comic book writers out of interest created because of the movies.

plausible though
>>
File: Jonah Hex Cooke 2.jpg (197KB, 922x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Jonah Hex Cooke 2.jpg
197KB, 922x1400px
>>93845192
Westerns were huge for 50 years.
>>
>>93845192
NO it will never pop. The only time it pops is when people stop going to movies when virtual reality takes over, even then you will be using avatars of these superheroes in the virtual reality.

sorry, you are really really fucked OP.

superhero movies are a combination of the pg to pg-13 for men. action, sci-fi, fantasy are now all combined as one thing in a superhero movie. it's unstoppable, and nothing like westerns at all. westerns take place in a specific time and location, everyone wears similar clothing and has similar weaponry. superhero movies can be anywhere, in the past or future, anywhere on earth or anywhere in space. everyone looks different, everyone has different powers.

marvel and dc will last forever like star wars. they may stop making as many films per year, but don't expect them to ever not have at least 2 superhero movies in any given year until people stop going to movies.
>>
>>93845887
>pg to pg-13 genre movies for men
>>
>>93845192
I doubt the hype for Avengers 3-4 will ever be top After that movie it might slow down a little, MCU has still trilogies to milk and dc at least has ww. Actually coming to an end? maybe after someone takes down the reptilian pedo circles in hollywood.
>>
>>93845887

>men

Children. Let's not kid ourselves here.
>>
>>93845732
No kidding Westerns dominated from the early silent era until the70's. So long in fact that there were superstars of the genre nobody today has even heard of, like Tom Mix.
I suspect once the CGI gets cheap enough we'll get shit Johnny Weismuller's Tarzan series which is like 15 movies or something.
I'm glad I give no fucks about movies.
>>
>>93846104
I am sad to say anon, that you are kidding yourself.
>>
>>93845192
Not soon enough. And it can only make comics, big two especially, better
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.