[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>has historically had a ridiculous amount of undue focus >had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 76100-76614-aunt-may.png (119KB, 291x412px) Image search: [Google]
76100-76614-aunt-may.png
119KB, 291x412px
>has historically had a ridiculous amount of undue focus
>had a stroke every other issue for a period of time, comic became more about her
>constantly talking shit about spider-man while sucking otto's dick
>should have died multiple times but someone else always gets fucked over so she can live (Gwen, Peter and MJ's marriage, etc)

>people look at me like I'm crazy when I say I hate Aunt May
>>
Well... she was kinda of a non-character in the first 200 or so issues, she a narrative mechanic that only was there to show how Peter had "real life" issues or to make a point to the reader that even though Peter got his way around by pretty much lying to his girlfriends, conning his employer, hitting random jerks and being a shit hero.

Every other time they tried to make her anything other than a sick old lady, she ended being used in a weird narrative like becoming Otto´s maid, though really, you know Stan did all this just to have Peter finding Otto drinking tea with his aunt, which... really... is amazing by itself.
>>
or to make a point to the reader that even though Peter got his way around by pretty much lying to his girlfriends, conning his employer, hitting random jerks and being a shit hero, he was still a good person who loved her aunt.
>>
>>93838493
You know, I did a big readthrough of Amazing Spider-Man and found that throughout the entire Gwen Stacy relationship, he executes exactly one date to completion. That's how much of a plot device she was.
>>
>>93838201

Because they want Peter to seem young so having his mother figure be a senior citizen is the perfect thing to do!

I'm really surprised they didn't make her look like USM May after Secret Wars.
>>
>>93838201
Thought that I was the only one. Aunt May is fucking annoying sometimes. I don't mind that she's a character, but god damn she is my least favorite.

I thought the MCUs version was really nice. I think it's more clear why Peter and her get along and you can see her really try to connect to him. plus she's really hot
>>
File: 1493217305496.jpg (2MB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1493217305496.jpg
2MB, 988x1500px
>>93838493
>Otto drinking tea with his aunt
You should see what Eddie did
>>
File: 4026753-1869405923-spide.jpg (170KB, 1200x794px) Image search: [Google]
4026753-1869405923-spide.jpg
170KB, 1200x794px
You arent they only one, I can't stand most of Aunt Mays portrayals. At least Rosemary Harris managed to pull it off for the movies.
>>
>>93839590
I forgot how shittily McFarlane drew the Thing.
>>
>>93838201
A lot of people despise Aunt May. Her being alive is a symbol of the stagnation of Peter Parker.

>>93839650
Having her hit Otto with a umbrella to save Spiderman in the 2nd movie went a long way towards making her a lot more likable than her average depiction in the comics.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.