[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did they mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 66

File: file.jpg (424KB, 1971x1362px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
424KB, 1971x1362px
What did they mean by this?
>>
That /co/ will never admit their hobby have been taken over by SJWs who don't buy the shit they complain about. For years women have shit on men for liking comics and games and now they think they can just move in on our hobby and change it despite them still not buying them? Watching le Avengers in theaters with their boyfriends is not the same as buying comics.Yes I am slightly butthurt, Thank God DC sticks to just storytelling for the most part.
>>
>>93837663
i wonder if these fuck morons realise its a fucking comic book , also why did they get the fat ugliest women do do the poses?
and what about male posing?
>>
>>93837663
Maybe they'd have done better if they weren't all fat shapeless blobs.
>>
>>93837663
you know people who actually work out could do some but getting fat old bitches to do it is a cry for help
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 151x151px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 151x151px
>Revenue: 167 million USD (2015)

can someone seriously explain how eating 500 dollar steak compare videos makes this much money?

is it a ponzi scheme? money laundering?

how can i make some of this money

what the fuck
>>
>>93837663
Stereotypical?

Also, hilarious the one fit woman managed to do the pose effortlessly.
>>
>>93837663
Female poses are weird and unnatural in comics.
>>
>>93837663
the storm one makes no sense
"hit hurts my knees"
she doesn't realize storm is flying
>>
>>93837663

Candace is totally phoning it in.
>>
File: h9re18tqvhbrpwmmjnzu.png (168KB, 470x264px) Image search: [Google]
h9re18tqvhbrpwmmjnzu.png
168KB, 470x264px
>>93837663

Except for Red Sonja (which the fatty kind of pulled off), all the other are MID FUCKING AIR! How are they even supposed to copy those poses if they can't fucking FLY? Goddamn, women are stupid.

Also, the fact some comics have wonky anatomy doesn't mean they're "pushing the objectification of the female body" or whatever bullshit they're spewing. Comic book characters ARE supposed to be larger than life, and ARE supposed to be depicted and extreme poses/situations.
>>
>>93837663
>get fat people to pose
>"WHY CAN'T I TURN LIKE THIS"
Fuck me, next you're gonna tell me they got a 5 year old to try to lift what Superman does
>>
>>93837663
Comic book art doesn't affect people, why do they keep denying this?
>>
Kristin clearly isn't trying very hard, but in fairness to her, Psylocke's leg is trying to escape its connection to the rest of her body and go and have its own adventures on another planet.
>>
I would like to tell these fucking idiots, "THEY ARE DRAWINGS ON A SHEET OF PAPER, YOU DUMB BITCH." It's like how they complain about "unrealistic body proportions" on Disney princesses. Of course they are unrealistic---THEY ARE CARTOONS!!
>>
>>93837663
Men should do this with spiderman and nightwing poses.
>>
>>93837873
there is no pleasing these shit heads
they shit on what we love until it gets popular blame men because we dont included them in it. men cant have anything just for them
do u see men bitching because fashion industry doesn't include them 100 percent off the time, or how romance novels have overly sexualised men on the cover noooo
then when fans of the industry fight back they call us the worst thing under the sun and mock with shitty lines like "dont worry you basement babies sjw are not ruining your ____ " when they clearly are by forcing companies to change their business model to suit ideologies of a group of people that dont even care about that hobbie
>>
I assume the heroes in the comic books, work tirelesly in training
in gymnastics, and possibly yoga.

these models probably took a free donation based yoga class once.
>>
>>93837663
Undeniably stupid, but the bizarre poses superheroes are often in do take me out of it.

Black Canary is undeniably cheesecake, but she doesn't need to be playing twister in every panel, Green Arrow artists.
>>
>>93837948
>these models probably took a free donation based yoga class once.
one fat freak didnt when she should badly because she is a fat ugly sad woman
>>
>>93837716
>/co/ will never admit their hobby have been taken over by SJWs who don't buy the shit they complain about.
Where the fuck have you been? We say that everyday.
>>
>>93837807
Buzzfeed set itself up pretty early pretty well, their early content was basic, easy to make relatable shit to draw in a large, dedicated crowd on the cheap.
Then the content creators were allowed a degree of expression/character in the videos so people would become enamored to their personalities, then they make more videos built around these personalities doing shoestring budget ideas to maximize the profit.

They've basically created a condensed form of the e-celeb formula, except instead of one or two guys they've got a gaggle of prepackaged quirky cunts they can whore out. Some have even tried going their own way it seems recognizing they're being exploited or because they figure they can carry their own audience.

I'm not sure if you can cut out a slice of the pie without some luck or a good gimmick since Buzzfeed and Fine Bros have their hands hovering over most of it, but if you really wanted to you could find some weirdos you know are charismatic or draw a crowd with nothing better to do, get them involved in variety trending pop culture shit routinely enough to keep said crowd's attention and maybe you'll strike copper.
>>
File: 1483252331937.png (248KB, 1132x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483252331937.png
248KB, 1132x1000px
>>93837992
got any charisma tips?
>>
File: Pose1.png (1MB, 781x750px) Image search: [Google]
Pose1.png
1MB, 781x750px
>>93837936
This.
>>
>>93837663
wow they still doing the pose thing

this was a thing in the 2015-16 i think
>>
>>93838101
Poses are still bad. Not sexist, but awful looking.
>>
>>93837663
I'm kek at Allison actually pulling hers off, then saying it's literally impossible.

And Sheridan's would actually be EASIER if she swung her left leg out like Sonja did.
>>
>>93838111
No the fat woman doing the poses and saying they con't do it so it's sexist

i've seen this done two years age i think it was Buzzfeed.
>>
>>93837663
their too sexy cover them up

https://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/lady-superhero-costumes-redesigned-by-ladies?utm_term=.vgbzGzJmR#.qi1DvDz42
>>
>>93838243
Anon, it's one thing to post the images to stir the pot but why the fully articulated fuck are you linking to their site?
>>
If you recorded a gymnast and then looked at individual frames you would see some painful-looking mid-air positions.

And if the Hambeasts couldn't form those poses on the ground, with zero warm-up or training, they'd what, claim the gymnasts were unrealistic?
>>
>>93837663
Another great American art form destroyed
>>
File: Daredevil_pose[1].jpg (61KB, 338x500px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil_pose[1].jpg
61KB, 338x500px
>>93837936

Daredevil has some as well. Couldn't find the one where he's in a warehouse and it looks like his back is broken in two spots. I think it was an issue with Deadpool.
>>
>>93837716
Yeah, they've been TAKEN OVER! Literally every single one of the books on the shelf are SJW PROPAGANDA! There is literally not one single book you can enjoy! Every Marvel book is just minorities now! Oh wait, except all the X-Men books, Deadpool books, Spider-Man books, Ultimates, US Avengers...

How is it you lack so much self-awareness? You come on here and bitch and whine about how much of a victim you are while simultaneously not buying anything, and then you have the gall to complain that these other people are doing the exact same thing? Get a fucking clue, you fucking cumguzzling retard.
>>
>>93838207
I'll be honest, I'm okay for women getting leotards ala the men instead of one piece swim suits.
>>
>>93838285
He never said that "every single comic book is written by SJWs", you fucking autist. He said that the hobby in general is taken over by SJWs which is pretty much true.
>>
>>93838256
I was going to post all the images but theirs 12 images of.....just bad artwork

the fuck did they do to power girl, nope she-hulk got it worst.

it's like isis and tumbler join together.
>>
>>93838340
I'm not okay with eliminating variety of designs.

It's the same shit as in 90s, when every single female heroine was redesigned into stripperwear, only the opposite. Both are awful.

Let some heroines wear leotards, some wear one pieces, some be sexy, some be classy some be unisex, etc etc
>>
>>93838285
You must be some kind of casual, if you'd actually read them, you'd know all the books you mentioned have gone full sjw...
>>
>>93837663
Statistically, a large number of women instinctively dislike conventionally attractive women, subconsciously perceiving them as a threat
>>
>>93838381
That is a completely fair counterpoint and I see no fault with it.

Femme fetales or boisterous maneaters can keep their slutwear. I wonder what the most slutty man's outfit in mainstream comics is.
>>
>>93838350
>which is pretty much true
No it's not you goddamn moron. If it was "taken over" wouldn't even a quarter of the books on the shelf be SJW shit? Just because you see some fags whining on Twitter doesn't mean it's been "taken over". I can't even imagine how much of a self-important baby you'd have to be to honestly believe that comics as a whole, as a fucking medium, have been conquered by those evil SJWs just because some books you don't like that aren't even aimed at you are being produced.

You look at the shelves, see literally HUNDREDS of fucking books, including titillating shit like Gold Digger, Vampirella, Red Sonja, Witchblade, and more and have the fucking gall to say comics have been TAKEN OVER. Hey guess what, there's a small market for that stuff too, just like there's a small market for shit that appeals to SJWs. And guess what, SJWs complaining about those books doesn't magically make them disappear.

>>93838388
Give me even one fucking example of how Deadpool is "full sjw", you braindead retard.
>>
>>93837775
>why did they get the fat ugliest women do do the poses?

Think who their readership is for a moment.
>>
>>93838084
jesus christ was he just hit by a bus full of angry chiropractors
>>
>>93838419
Namor or Herc, from the top of my head. It fits both of their personalities, too.

Also, men's sexisness has less to do with revealing skin than women's. Shirtless men are hot, but e.g. zettai ryouiki definitely doesn't have the same effect on men (unless they're supposed to appeal to the gay male demo).
>>
>>93838433
>If it was "taken over" wouldn't even a quarter of the books on the shelf be SJW shit?
They try, those books just sell like shit. Also, a hobby is more than just books, it's also hobby media, hobby blogs, hobby cons etc.

>Gold Digger
Has always been ultra obscure. Not representative of the hobby as a whole.
>Vampirella
Redesigned twice to de-sexify her
>Red Sonja
Redesigned (at least) once to de-sexify her. Recently returned to her roots though, which is a first in recent years.
>Witchblade
Dead

Funny how you didn't include some of the more popular heroines with "titillating" designs that have been de-sexified en masse in the recent years.
>>
>>93838680
Those are good examples. I'm more DC which is why I was floundering. I know we have to have some, but they aren't A listers.

Oh and for sure. People do use the skin right bodices of Robin and Spider-man for titilation.

Though seeing as those costumes are frequently just grandfathered in, I have a hard time thinking of them as a good counterpoint to modern slutty outfits.
>>
>>93838084
>>93838282
You can find it everywhere if you dig deep enough.
>>
>>93838419
>Femme fetales or boisterous maneaters can keep their slutwear
I see that argument a lot, but can't agree with it. A character doesn't have to have her entire personality revolve around being sexy, to dress sexy. "Femme fatale" is a horrible stereotype and should die already.
>>
File: unworthy_of_a_shirt.jpg (554KB, 1280x704px) Image search: [Google]
unworthy_of_a_shirt.jpg
554KB, 1280x704px
>>93838734
>Though seeing as those costumes are frequently just grandfathered in, I have a hard time thinking of them as a good counterpoint to modern slutty outfits.
Well, no one's stopping modern creators from redesigning men's costumes to be sexier, right? But for some reason, everyone's too busy desexualizing women's costumes instead. Quite telling, in my opinion.

The only example I've seen of it kind of happening is Unworthy Thor (before they covered him up), which was basically just shirtless Chris Hemsworth.
>>
File: which_one_would_you_fug.jpg (326KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
which_one_would_you_fug.jpg
326KB, 1280x720px
>>93838484
>>93837775
Yeah, they know their audience pretty well desu
>>
>>93838897
4 > 1 > 3 > 8 > 9 > 7 > 2 > 6 > 5
>>
>>93838794
Now we need to get some fat black guy (Woolie?) to try and emulate this pose.
>>
File: SoceityXEmma.png (354KB, 344x654px) Image search: [Google]
SoceityXEmma.png
354KB, 344x654px
>>93838818
Nah. The archetype can stay.
Just do it well.
And you can have sexiness be an aspect of their character without it reucing them to a completely flat character.

Though at the end of the day I'd say good design takes precedence and just don't make it TOO contrived. And when I say too contrived I mean by comic book standards in which a hero can decide that a multicolored zentai suit is totally appropriate wear to fight crime.
>>93838897
White one in the middle, then in no particular order the rest of the white and spanish ones.
Not touching the black girls or the asian.
>>
>>93838818
Literally every comic I have read this month has some version of a femme fetale. It is pervasive. It isn't going away.

The fucking second trade of Superman had one. The one issue that Superboy wasn't in.

And there's a difference between sexy and slutwear. A person who shows up to a party in lingerie is almost certainly more sexual in nature than someone wearing a lowcut dress.
>>
>>93838897
>filename
You don't stick your dick in crazy, anon
>>
>>93838875
Because women are primarily attracted to status, not looks, while men are primarily only about looks.

Covering up women is purely to make ugly women feel better. Making men sexier doesn't serve that goal in any way.
>>
>>93837663
How long are they going to keep trying to push this fat acceptance bullshit before they finally give up?

It's never worked.
>>
>>93838340
>>93838207
what do you think leotards look like?

that said, honest question..
why do mens olympic leotards have full legs?
>>
>>93838243
>>93838351
You should have given us an archive link instead:

http://archive.is/BESrM
>>
>>93838875
I would prefer less cheesecake in comics over more beefcake. It is ultimately distracting.

I get what this board's stance on the matter is and don't think that this shit is sexist in any capacity. I just hate seeing people in pinup poses in the middle of scenes where it doesn't suit it.
>>
>>93838933
>And you can have sexiness be an aspect of their character without it reucing them to a completely flat character.
Yeah well that's what I meant. Emma Frost is a good character, because half the time she's an actually complex character, and half the time just an over the top parody of the femme fatale stereotype which is fun to read

>>93838944
Yeah I know, I was just venting. I agree that there are various degrees of sexy, I'm just saying, you don't have to be a "femme fatale" to wear tight pants or something with a cleavage.
>>
>>93838993
>>
>>93837663
They were proving fatties could not be heros.
>>
>>93839019
>>
>>93838974
Sexism
Honestly I don't why.
And to be fair capeshit does leotards to play up the sexy, rather than the athleticism.
Which is fine.
>>93838993
I don't like you.
>>
>>93838285
I say this because I love you: don't open with passive-aggressive mock statements. It makes you sound like a cunt.

Also all the main x-groups are all led by females. (Even with cyclops still on the roster) New leader Shadow cat now goes to the same barber as Carol Danvers. GAY-Iceman got a solo though he clearly wouldn't have if he remained hetero-sexual.
>>
File: 1454301058979.png (514KB, 1080x669px) Image search: [Google]
1454301058979.png
514KB, 1080x669px
>>93837778
/thread
>>
>>93838993
Guy who loves cheesecake in comics (and is fine with beefcake being there if it floats someone's boat, too) here.

You know what, I respect your opinion. It's like when people don't like blood and violence in media, I get it. Everyone has their own tastes, and ideally should get media that cater to them.

What I don't like is when some people get holier-than-thou and start dictating that all the media should now cater to their personal tastes
>>
>>93839041
>>
>>93838974
Probably just cultural momentum. It is an international stage and the first man to wear it will get laughed off.

Fair point though. Power Girl's outfit isn't crazy beyond the boob window (which is never going away, thankfully).
>>
File: PERSONA.png (469KB, 553x552px) Image search: [Google]
PERSONA.png
469KB, 553x552px
>>93837663
>trending on some shit clickbait site
Why do you seek out things you know you won't like

I get the feeling if you were angry about homosexuals you'd go to a gay nightclub and stand there whining
>>
>>93839054
>>
>>93837663
How can fatties fight bad guys if they'd can't fight calories?
>>
>>93839068
>>
File: Hawkman Kuuga.jpg (90KB, 673x583px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkman Kuuga.jpg
90KB, 673x583px
>>93838734
>I'm more DC which is why I was floundering.
Ahem.
>>
>>93838974
So their dick doesn't peak out of one side while they're doing the splits or whatever.
>>
>>93839019
>>93839041
Is it wrong that I want to ravage the ones on the left side, while the right ones do nothing for me? I mean, I admire the art mastery, but classic pinups are just too uncanny valley for my dick
>>
>>93838974
Men's competition pieces are built more on strength while Women's competition focus more on flexibility. There is some crossover of events, but things like the balance beam and uneven bars would be more difficult with the full body leggings restricting ease of movement. When you're deal with something where the slightest missed move can lead to serious injury, full movement is desired. Notice that the men tend to not have arm sleeves while women do.
>>
>>93839078
>>
>>93838974
>why do mens olympic leotards have full legs?
Because if there's a wardrobe malfunction then they'll be exposing their tackle.

And besides, girl gymnasts are allowed to wear full legged leotards, it's their own choice.
>>
>we're perpetuating an image that is physically impossible to attain
Isn't that the point? These characters are supposed to be superhuman. Doesn't it make sense they'd have a physique to match?
>>
>>93838974
Dick and balls. Think about it.
>>
>>93838974
Dicks, also I believe it is a hips thing same deal like panties shape
>>
>>93839091
>>
>>93839051
>>93839042
Pretty even handed responses.

Personally, I just don't like thinking about sex when reading a comic during my lunch break. Or having people look over my shoulder and see a full page spread of a woman in what could easily pass for fetish gear. This is legit something that happened to me the other day.

I probably sound like a huge prude, but the only time I enjoy thinking about sex is when there is an actual possibility of getting off. Either jerking it or as lead in to getting with someone.

Otherwise, it is just an embarrassed, awkward and ugly feeling.
>>
>>93839142
>>
>>93839159
>>
File: 1477084228821.jpg (14KB, 224x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477084228821.jpg
14KB, 224x240px
>>93838974
... because we have dicks and balls retard
>>
File: impossible.jpg (151KB, 750x558px) Image search: [Google]
impossible.jpg
151KB, 750x558px
>>93837663
>We're perpetuating an image that is physically impossible to attain
Huh?
>>
>>93839156
>Personally, I just don't like thinking about sex when reading a comic during my lunch break. Or having people look over my shoulder and see a full page spread of a woman in what could easily pass for fetish gear. This is legit something that happened to me the other day.
So then read novels.
>>
>>93837873
God, the current squirrel girl looks terrible
>>
>>93839156
I mean if you are reading a comic in public or on your work break then people are already going to think you have autism.
>>
>>93839047
>It makes you sound like a cunt.
That's because he IS a cunt, anon. That guy was only looking to bait for replies.
>>
>>93839156
Fuck em' anon. You're already reading funny books, who are you trying to impress?
>>
>>93838974
Cause men look faggy with their legs exposed like that.
>>
>>93839088
3DPD

GTFO normie
>>
>>93839156

The most American thing I've read today.

Maybe I've been reading comics so long that I'm desensitized, but I don't think of anything other than what is going on in the narrative while reading a good comic. I gloss over the sexy images unless I am intentionally supposed to notice how sexy the images are.
>>
File: IMG_1811.jpg (29KB, 302x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1811.jpg
29KB, 302x500px
>>93839226
>>93839248
They know I'm an autist. They work with me after all. I just don't want them to think I'm a pervert too. Shame is appropriate.

>>93839205
I just feel I shouldn't have to switch mediums. Is sex so tied to comics that it is impossible to separate? It isn't like I'm popping a boner over every panel of a women, but there's genuinely tons of sexual shit.

Why do I need to see the cape couple's pillow talk every time where bedsheets cover only just enough of both partners? Why does every interrogation read like bondage? Why do I get full panels of bare backs, legs, shoulders (male and females) so regularly?

It is like reading a normal mystery novel and it turns into this every couple of pages.

>>93839306
I mean, I do ignore them. And ultimately I guess that's what I have to do. But I still have a preference in the matter.
>>
>>93837716
Anatomically incorrect "cool" or "sexy" poses have been getting called out long before the evil ess jay dubya coalition decided to come in and ruin your hobby. Also you're pathetic, kys
>>
File: 593532-blackcanary3.jpg (134KB, 608x793px) Image search: [Google]
593532-blackcanary3.jpg
134KB, 608x793px
>>93839392
It's really not, they probably listen to and watch shit that's far lewder than anything that comics nowadays has. Just try not to have a visible boner.
>>93839393
And 99% of the time they've been fags about it.
>>
>>93839392
>I just feel I shouldn't have to switch mediums. Is sex so tied to comics that it is impossible to separate?
Comics are inherently adolescent in nature. Men and women read comics sure, but comics are written for teens and sometimes children.

A grown man reading comics in a public setting would be like a grown man playing video games in a public setting. It's childish behavior. Go ahead and read comics. But do so in the comfort of your own home.
>>
>>93839437
Were they fags when people were calling out Rob Liefield's atrocious anatomy, or is it because they're going after your wankbank that makes them fags?
>>
>>93839393
The difference between then and now, is that the publishers never cared what complainers said. These days, the complainers actually work IN the industry and are changing it from the inside. The same thing is happening to video games.
>>
>>93839393
Bullshit.

No one ever calls out anatomically incorrect poses like >>93838794, they only call them out when it's a sexy female character. Likewise, no one ever calls out "impractical" outfits unless it's a sexy female character.

I wish they'd woman up and just tell it like it is: they don't like sexy female characters, and that's that. But then everyone would just rightfully tell them to grow up, instead of giving their bullshit airtime
>>
>>93839473
Rob Liefeld wasn't called out for drawing "anatomically incorrect "cool" or "sexy" poses". He has been called out because he can't draw human anatomy at all, period.
>>
>>93837663
these women in a nutshell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWhZ2XS08aQ
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>93837663
>the skinny girl is the closest one
Really exercises my electrons.
>>
>>93839477
How the fuck do they keep getting hired when there are so many people who actually have talent and love the medium and are looking for work?
>>
>>93837663
Those aren't women, those are cows.
>>
File: women-of-marvel-vs.-Avenger.jpg (93KB, 900x625px) Image search: [Google]
women-of-marvel-vs.-Avenger.jpg
93KB, 900x625px
>>93839393
SJWs have been in this shit for a long time, 5 years at least. And they aren't simply calling out badly drawn sexy poses, they're calling out any sort sexy or feminine poses because apparently when female characters pose in a feminine sexy way it's INEQUALITY (see: Hawkeye Initiative)
>>
>>93839723
A woman drew that left cove though.
>>
>>93839723
Never got the point of the Hawkeye Initiative. Doesn't that just prove why we don't see men drawn in the same poses as women because men look silly that way?
>>
>>93837716
Man I agree with like more than half of what you're saying but the way you say it makes me want to reconsider my own opinions.
>>
>>93839731
That's the icing on the irony cake here
>>
>>93838875
>that hammer placement
>>
>>93839741
They're trying to show equivalence because while Hawkeye posing like that looks ridiculous to us, women posing like that looks ridiculous to them.
>>
>>93839723
I'm sure there are actual women and gay men that masturbate at the image on the right.

Or at there would be, if tumblr artists could draw and color at least somewhat decently.
>>
>>93839741

It's funny because 90% of the art for it are by people who suck at art and actually have no idea on how anatomy works. At least comic writers know that stuff and choose to ignore it when they want to.
>>
>>93839723
I mean, I'd understand their point if they drew the Avengers as Magic Mike strippers, or something similar. But as it is, it seems like these people are uncomfortable with femininity in general, which says more about them than the cover they're criticizing
>>
>>93839437
>>93839445
But there's a difference between being a pervert and being a man child. And with this generation, people are more understanding that there isn't much fundamentally different between reading a magazine or watching a YouTube video in public vs. playing a game or reading a comic.

Plus, imagine a more lax setting like a board game shop. Everyone there is a man child. But I still don't want to be seen reading the aftermath of a sex scene while I wait for my group to arrive.

And I would love to be able to talk to friends or other people who read comics about them. But I have to gloss over much of the content, because no one wants to hear that shit.

Sexual stuff feels inherently private. I don't care if a coworker jerks it to Tinkerbell, but I will judge him if he let me know implicitly or explicitly, because it is ultimately inappropriate for it to come across.

That's genuinely prudish thinking. But fuck it, there is something to it. There are certain mindsets for certain scenarios and thinking about sex during normal day to day stuff is not fun.
>>
>>93839731
Clearly she was brainwashed by The Patriarchyâ„¢ and must be shown the error of her ways!
>>
>>93839783
It doesn't look ridiculous though. As above people said a woman drew that. Women do pose like that when they want to look appealing. Men don't. Those are feminine poses. men look effeminate in those positions.
>>
>>93839845
The initiative made more sense when it was targeting poses that should be natural or at rest in context.
>>
>>93839845
It comes down to it being a shallow sexual fantasy for man children. Do you fap to comic books? If the answer is no, get the fuck over it and move on. If the answer is yes, get the fuck over it and grow up
>>
>>93839832
>vs. playing a game or reading a comic.
The only games that can be socially acceptably played outside are smartphone games. And even then, most people find the noise obnoxious and the sight of perpetually distracted "phonewalkers" an unnerving one.
>>
>>93839741
The men look silly because masculinity is different from femininity, and male attractiveness to women works differently than female attractiveness to men. But the Hawkeye Initiative people apparently think it's INEQUALITY.

>>93839783
The problem is, aside from obviously horribly drawn abominations, they often call out normal feminine sexy poses that real women in real life make sometimes.
>>
>>93839832
>But there's a difference between being a pervert and being a man child.
Yes, but both are looked down upon. Manchildren are often mistaken for possible pedophiles anyway. Go ahead. Read a perfectly innocent comic book near a kids playground and see how long it takes before police remove you.

>And with this generation, people are more understanding that there isn't much fundamentally different between reading a magazine or watching a YouTube video in public vs. playing a game or reading a comic.
Magazines and YouTube videos are socially acceptable. Don't let the Big Bang Theory and Marvel movie fans mislead you to believe comics are socially acceptable. If comics were socially acceptable, they would be near extinction right now.
>>
>>93839832
You're overthinking it. Nobody cares. Nobody is looking over your shoulder unless you act like that weird kid who shows off nudity in his picture books nobody gives a fuck at this point. That's more of a teenage thing, unless you're reading some seriously heinous shit like Crossed which is literally on the cover.
Anon really this is a greater sign of immaturity than just reading cheesecake comics.
>>
>>93839894
As opposed to shallow sexual fantasy for women, such as Twilight, the Fifty Shades series and pretty much every book targeted at adult women?

Stop being like Willis and pretending that women are sacred paragons of celibacy.
>>
>>93839926
Your first point would never fucking happen unless you were creepy and invited children over to read the comic with you. Then I hope the police do more than eject you from the area
>>
>>93837663
I fail to see how in any shape or form that Red Sonja cover is supposed to be difficult or unrealistic. It's just her looking behind herself.
>>
>>93839894
Thanks for shaming people's tastes. So it's not about equality and more if you don't like something, no one should. Got it.
>>
File: tumblr_mefbwvoWDv1rmx3kqo1_1280.jpg (75KB, 600x874px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mefbwvoWDv1rmx3kqo1_1280.jpg
75KB, 600x874px
>>93839884
True; I tend to agree when they criticize panels where female characters make ridiculous stripperposes while fighting. But a lot of their stuff is just "feminine poses = bad"
>>
>>93839962
>Your first point would never fucking happen
It happens. This isn't something that appears on the news because it happens frequently but no one really talks about it. Telling some weird guy to fuck off is uneventful. You DO hear news about kids being taken from playgrounds though.
>>
>>93839926
>>93839912
Guys, you're getting sidetracked. There are settings where these things would be appropriate, but aren't due to their sexual nature. That's my fucking point.

And one big difference is that if I get judged for reading a comic because it is childish, I don't care because that's a stupid line of thinking. If I get judged because it is gross, then I do care, because it is usually right.

I'm not saying there is a dignity in comics. I'm just saying I'm only ashamed of one aspect of them that genuinely seems out of place.
>>
>>93839948
Literally had people look over my shoulder. Not in a mean spirited way, just in a curious, "oh I wonder what he's reading".

And I want to emphasize that there is a matter of personal pride that extends beyond caring what others think.

Plus, it isn't like I enjoy those scenes when I read it at home either. I don't fap to comic book panels.
>>
>>93839894
If you think that the only way grown up people can enjoy media with erotic elements is just as a fap suppository, I feel sorry for you m8
>>
>>93840001
>If I get judged because it is gross, then I do care, because it is usually right.
This is your problem though. You're self-admittedly a prude, as seen here >>93839832
and this statement of yours in green text leads me to believe you have an unhealthy view of sexuality in any form. The fact that it sickens you so much says a lot about you. And the fact that you care so much about what others think of it, shows you have poor self-esteem.

The problem lies more with you, than with the sexuality of comics.
>>
>>93837663
Y'all motherfuckers need JoJo's Posing School.
>>
>>93837915

I said this same argument when some bitch was telling shit about Barbie back in 2009, ( she even said barbie had unrealistically huge boobs and barbie has never had big boobs at all) and told her the proportions were cartoony therefore inhuman, also being fat and lazy makes you unable to do a lot of poses fit people can do. The fat negress in red could have totally done that pose if she was fit for example.
>>
File: tumblr_mz57gxafoO1rti868o2_1280.jpg (142KB, 800x912px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mz57gxafoO1rti868o2_1280.jpg
142KB, 800x912px
>>93840001
>>93840042
But it's the same exact thing man.
The inappropriateness is subjective.
Honestly it's starting to seem like you're projecting your own discomfort onto others.
>>93840043
And it's always funny how it seems to be okay for EVERY other medium but comics.
Comics and to a lesser extent video games are in this awkward state of trying to prove they're totally mature you guys. A few decades ago it was sex drugs and violence, but now they're trying to prove they're not perverts to the point they're ridiculously uptight.
>>
>>93840043
I'm not that guy. He's posting bait, but I'm curious to what you mean.

I don't get the point of getting aroused if you aren't going to get off. Erotic stuff is good for watching with your girl as a prelude to sex. Or to fap.

But what's the point otherwise?
>>
>>93839894
I don't go to art museums to fap either, but I won't want some wacko with an agenda to start removing or "covering up" Michelangelo and Titian
>>
>>93840042
Sexual imagery isn't always meant for fapping. When sexy ads were common on billboards, ad men did not expect drivers to pull over and start fapping on the road. Sexuality in comics is meant to entice and engage interest. That's all.
>>
>>93840043
Let me get more specific for you, because I guess I'm coming off as a puritan or something: I see nothing wrong with erotic elements in comic books. Sex is a part of life and should be celebrated (unless the material is strictly meant for children, then erotica has no place in it). I enjoy a nice sexy spread from time to time myself. However, when the cover is just Psylocke breaking her back to stick both her ass and titties out for no good reason, what's the fucking problem if other readers say it's ridiculous?

For the record, I am also against changing previously sexy women superhero costumes into prudish, full-body costumes (I'm looking at you, Tigra and Gamora)
>>
>>93837663
Obviously they're trying to push the 2D >>>>> 3D propaganda by cherry picking ugly women.
>>
>>93840064
>>93840101
Well, I did specify that I don't enjoy it in private either.

I don't think it is particularly unhealthy. I enjoy sex. I jerk off every day. It is admittedly gross though. It is just one of those things you have to deal with, like any other biological imperative.

I don't think that is unhealthy. Do you guys actually think that you jerking it isn't gross?
>>
File: 4628456630.jpg (926KB, 1200x831px) Image search: [Google]
4628456630.jpg
926KB, 1200x831px
>>93840109
I can only speak for myself; I personally enjoy a lot of stuff that has sexy women in it, but is also fun/entertaining/beautifully drawn. It works when the sexy women have imaginative design, and fit the overall aesthetic (e.g. picrelated)
>>
>>93838433
Dubs wasted.
>>
>>93840161
>However, when the cover is just Psylocke breaking her back to stick both her ass and titties out for no good reason, what's the fucking problem if other readers say it's ridiculous?
Let me remind you that you're replying to a post chain that started at the burlesque ladies of Marvel cover, which is well drawn and has a narrative behind it.

As for the hypothetical Psylocke cover, my problem with them would be that we have drastically different reasons for disliking that cover. I would dislike it because it's a) badly drawn b) "trashy sexy" instead of "classy sexy". They would dislike it because they apparently consider any depictions of female characters in sexy ways as heresy.

>For the record, I am also against changing previously sexy women superhero costumes into prudish, full-body costumes (I'm looking at you, Tigra and Gamora)
Hear, hear. Honestly, Tigra should just go naked
>>
>>93840124
Sure, but there are limits to these things. Some pretty girls acting sexy is different than what comics have.

In the Deathstroke trade I have, there are two aftermath sex scenes. And one scene set in a brothel. One of the aftermath sex scene is half a page and they are completely nude besides the sheet.

It is egregiously sexualized. This isn't counting the gratuitous near full nudity throughout.
>>
File: He's Beautiful.jpg (239KB, 659x1024px) Image search: [Google]
He's Beautiful.jpg
239KB, 659x1024px
>>93840207
Only the clean up...or if it's gross porn that I'm ashamed of afterwards.
But mostly I'm not that icked out by jerking it.
>>93840161
How you describe it previously just sounds like you're embarassed that people might think you're pervert.
And honestly I'm skeptical as to how much of those poses are to be sexy and how much are just a mediocre artist trying to do a crazy pose and fucked it up.
>>93840299
Maybe have her go full Felicia mode.
Just y'know all covered in fur though.
Full on puffy paws, full on arm muffs. Have her be more of a monster girl rather than a chick in a bikini and the full naked might work.
>>
>>93840042
>>93839894
I'm not sure why Americans think that anything that's too sexy for Sunday school is only there for fapping

C'mon, women like to look sexy in real life too if they're not sjw/prudes. Take a walk in the streets in the heat of summer, or lurk around Instagram, you'll see more sexy and scantly clad ladies than in any comic book
>>
>>93837663
Isn't this old? Or is somebody recycling the idea?
>>
>>93840316
>In the Deathstroke trade I have, there are two aftermath sex scenes. And one scene set in a brothel. One of the aftermath sex scene is half a page and they are completely nude besides the sheet.
Sex is a part of life, deal with it. Also, the Deathstroke comic was probably just trying to be edgy
>>
>>93838612
Something about this idea hit my funnybone dead on.
>>
>>93840334
>Full on puffy paws, full on arm muffs. Have her be more of a monster girl rather than a chick in a bikini and the full naked might work.
Capcom called...
>>
>>93840334
Two different anons.

Just so you know. Anyway, the cleanup is part of the whole thing. I also don't enjoy the pathways the mind takes during the whole thing. Plus, there's sweat and smells and all that.

I don't think it is wrong to think of it as gross. You sometimes want it anyway. Kind of like how you sometimes want a funnel cake even though it is gross.
>>
>>93838207
>>93838243
>>93838351
>MUST DE-FEMINIZE
>MUST DE-SEXUALIZE
>MUST MAKE BORING
>>
>>93837716
It's happened with all traditionally "male" media. Look at the REEing over domestic violence in the NFL (not the other sports because they aren't really as popular). Note the vidya shit that's happened in the last >10 years (we all know the term). Note that it's not just cape comics and cape flicks its "nerd" culture stuff in general like Ghostbusters and even non"nerd"culture shit like Ocean's 11.

Nothing that men, particularly straight white men, used to enjoy is allowed to be even slightly risque.
>>
>>93840316
>In the Deathstroke trade I have, there are two aftermath sex scenes. And one scene set in a brothel. One of the aftermath sex scene is half a page and they are completely nude besides the sheet.
This is no different from something you would see on a Fox or a TNT tv show. Or any drama show for that matter. Sexual material is meant to entice. It clearly doesn't have that same effect on you personally. That's fine. The fact that it makes you so uncomfotable though? That's another issue.
>>
>>93840367
There aren't people literally having sex on instagram, on the streets, in the summer. Unlike comics.

Being sexy is different than being soft core porn.

>>93840397
Do I need to see Deathstroke take a shit too? Or filling his car with gas? I hate when people say stuff like this. I know it is part of life, but there's stuff that appropriate or interesting for a story and stuff that isn't.
>>
>fat is the new fit
>women don't exist
>stop oppressing me
>>
>>93840463
Ok at this point it's clear you're baiting.
>>
>>93837663
>not nearly as flexible
>using different angles
>disregarding artistic license for dynamism
>bodies are too fat to showcase structure
how do they think they have an argument? I could easily do 3 of these poses in my sleep
>>
>>93837832
I found that funny as well. I think the thing these articles miss is that these are snap shot poses meant to convey a motion. You aren't supposed to be able to hold such a pose for more than a second. Psylocke and Widow are mid air with little to no body control. Storm is leaping upward not forward. Sonja is swinging around, and possibly out of a crouch, to give a hand signal.

if these amorphous blobs (pic one looks like she is a QT actually) had actually been caught mid motion where a limb swinging extra hard is needed to control trajectory, they might understand that. But I doubt any of them have ever jumped upward with any effort in more than 10-15 years.
>>
>>93839993
>>93839918
They even went so full retard they started shitting on sexy fanart. FANART. Which is kind of missing the whole point
>>
File: ''Tigra_0017.jpg (112KB, 600x702px) Image search: [Google]
''Tigra_0017.jpg
112KB, 600x702px
>>93840410
I specifically referenced her as a good guide line. Though Tigra has had both muffs and puffy paws before.
>>
>>93840463
Have you been on instagram?
>>
>>93837663
I thought that
>unrealistic bodytypesl; REAL women look like this
bullshit has been called out even by SJWs themselves and is fucking dead at this point
>>
File: 1457556963224.jpg (22KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1457556963224.jpg
22KB, 416x416px
>>93837663
>>93837775
>Amerifats actually think all women on earth are naturally 200lbs and skinny is weird and unusual
>>
>>93840442
Sure, but those things are deriled as being garbage for teenage girls to get off on.

Sure, comics are the same thing, but that doesn't make it good. Especially since comics have a lot of shit you can't get elsewhere.

If you wanted to watch some drama or sci-fi, you have options for it that isn't sexualized. I guess that's my problem with this. I just like cape comics. Let me tone it down a notch. I'm not actually crazy. I started reading comics because of cartoons like Justice League and Batman: The Brave & the Bold. I like cape comics. I like superheroes. But I don't want to think of Batman having sex. That's ultimately what it is. Comics not being what I want them to be.
>>
>>93837663
tbqh I'd let that ebony goddess dom me and sit on my face if she dressed up as Red Sonja
>>
>>93840568
There are absolutely tons of comics without sex
>>
>>93840529
>>93840480
Ignore that post. I wasn't baiting but I didn't articulate my point well enough.

I do contend that "fact of life" doesn't mean it need to be represented.
>>
>>93840334
In the OP the only one that maybe wasn't meant to be sexy is Storm. You can try to argue for Psylocke, but it's pretty clear the artist was going for sexy ninja action chick
>>
File: 1391552804080.jpg (406KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1391552804080.jpg
406KB, 1920x1080px
>>93840101
This kind of thing bothers me. I'm ok with characters being sexy - Superheroes are meant to be SUPERHUMAN, and sexuality is the most human thing there is - but blatant, obvious fanservice cheapens the medium.
>>
>>93840597
What's wrong with e.g. Red Sonja being meant to look sexy?
>>
>>93840610
That and they are constantly active, moving around, running , jumping, fighting off things, they get nothing but exercise all the time.I thought it would be obvious that they do not have the proportions of an online "journalist" that eats twinkies behind a computer all day every day.
>>
>>93840596
but that doesn't mean it's inappropriate either. If they want to show Slade pumping his gas whynot?
>>
File: 1412735152204.jpg (312KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
1412735152204.jpg
312KB, 1200x1697px
>>93840334
Offtopic, but putting the name of a character in GIGANTIC TITLE FONT really irks me. It breaks the immersion so hard.
>>
>>93840589
I bought the following Rebirth trades:

Superman, Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Hellblazer, New Super-Man.

Three feature actual sex, pretty sure. The other two are pretty tame, but still have cheesecake. Maybe it is my fault for only buying big names.
>>
>>93840568
>for teenage girls to get off on.
Again, here you see sexuality specifically as something to masturbate to. That's not always what sexuality is for.

I get it. You don't like your comic heroes doing sexual things. But as I'm sure you already know, you're in the minority here. There are still comics for you out there though. Just look in the all ages section of your local bookstore.
>>
File: tumblr_m3eowcmO921qhpx4lo1_1280.jpg (2MB, 1122x1512px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3eowcmO921qhpx4lo1_1280.jpg
2MB, 1122x1512px
>>93840610
I disagree.
Nothing wrong with well drawn fan service.
>>
>>93840636
Because it is boring and doesn't serve the narrative. Much in the same way a gratuitous sex scene is usually boring, kind of gross and doesn't serve the narrative. That was my point.

I'm clearly not making much sense here and coming across poorly.
>>
>>93840610
I kind of get your point here. I like sexy stuff, but I don't like when it's done in a cheap, trashy way. It's all subjective tho
>>
I think at this point ive figured out what i hate about modern far-spectrum politics, its the fact that no matter what the different sides ideals are, they act near goddamn identical from one another.

They may go on and on about the evils of the patriarchy or the threat the Jewish people pose against us but it all ends up with them doing the exact same shit.

With them creating hug-boxes and echo chambers to circle-jerk about their beliefs and blame everyone with beliefs even somewhat different than theirs for all the worlds problems.

just take any stupid /pol/tards or SJWs, ravings and switch out a couple of key words and one can perfectly replace the other.

thieve become an infection that infests everything and im getting sick and goddamn tired of it.
>>
>>93840101

Anime is the only thing SJW cannot touch... yet, but is has to do with "bullying losers" this is why they go after games and comics and even cartoons. The best SJW can hope for is to ban the legal sale and streaming of Anime in USA.
>>
>>93840640
Welcome to comics
>>
>>93840711
Oh wow, someone has fallen way too far down the sjw conspiracy theory sinkhole
>>
>>93840651
Okay, I'm enjoying this discussion and will look to see if there's any trades more in line with my interest. The local comic shop's kids section is all single issue IDW comics though.

Anyway, people here have said people have used sexuality to entice and draw attention. Which is true, I won't deny that. But that doesn't explain what benefit the reader gets from it. It draws them in due to a basic biological instinct and ... then what?

Why do YOU like it beyond that basic biological instinct to get off? I know you aren't gonna bust a nut right then and there, but what's the benefit of reading something hot and heavy if not to make you feel hot and heavy?
>>
>>93840691
The difference is, while /pol/tards are retarded and cringeworthy, they're not the ones running major comic book companies and hobby media...
>>
>>93837663

What's that? You say flabby landwhales don't have the same flexibility and range of motion as thin, athletic women?

How surprising.
>>
>>93840711
>Anime is the only thing SJW cannot touch
irrc
>loli is getting more and more restricted
>artists got bullied online for some unrelated shit
>one of them is now too scared to continue, bullied for drawing sexual harassment
>and lots of other shit
I'm scared....and mad. mostly mad.
hold me
>>
File: 1398793235373.png (332KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1398793235373.png
332KB, 600x800px
>>93840632
You shouldn't apply realism to superheroes. They're (usually) designed to appeal to our idea of human perfection, not because that's what very physically fit people look like. Like bodybuilders vs professional weightlifters.

>>93840663
This actually way less blatant than the Spider-Woman example. It serves an actual purpose in the scene - to contrast masculinity and femininity (as well as red vs green, small vs large, beauty vs ugliness) - and fits She-Hulk's character. Plus, it's a well-composited image, especially when compared to >>93840101. Spider Woman is completely incidental to the scene - she's literally just there to provide an ass shot.
>>
>>93840745
>>93838285
>>93839393
I agree guys, SJWs don't exist! They're but a figment of our imagination! Jezebel and Mary Sue are parody sites, and post-2013 Marvel has been a 4-year-long publicity prank.
>>
>>93840750
>But that doesn't explain what benefit the reader gets from it. It draws them in due to a basic biological instinct and ... then what?
It's for entertainment. Like when a good guy punches a bad guy or when a funny guy tells a joke that makes you laugh. Sexuality is for entertainment.

>Why do YOU like it beyond that basic biological instinct to get off?
I love beautiful women. I like seeing them act sexy. I admire when an artist draws them just right and I appreciate their technique and craft. I don't fap to comics themselves though. I fap to porn fanart of comics.
>>
>>93840812
>Well? What do you think?
Turn the circle into a boobwindow, and that redesign would be golden.
>>
File: 1498747139944.png (152KB, 559x556px) Image search: [Google]
1498747139944.png
152KB, 559x556px
>fatasses trying to do athletic shit
>fail
>IT'S IMPOSSIBLE, NO (((NORMAL))) PERSON COULD DO IT
>>
>>93837663
American culture is way too prudish and sex negative. Sex is a normal part of life; not the best thing ever, not the worst thing ever.
If we de-stigmatized sex and sexuality it wouldn't be as big of a deal when it shows up in fiction.

Like, why is there so much outrage over a woman's nipple being visible? What is so god damn terrifying about a nipple?
>>
>>93840793
>artists got bullied online for some unrelated shit
Artist always get bullied online.
>one of them is now too scared to continue, bullied for drawing sexual harassment
Which one? There are always artists who throw hissyfits and disappear from the internet when they can't deal with trolls.
>and lots of other shit
Ok.

Loli is seeing hard times in fanart I do agree, but recently there have been more lolicon pandering in anime.
>>
>>93837663
I could see their point if they actually hired professional athletes or military women and asked them to try and recreate the poses. At least then it would've been a valid experiment.

Their weird assumption that all women are exactly the same and should have the exact same physical capabilities, is kind of sexist in itself
>>
>>93840913
>Like, why is there so much outrage over a woman's nipple being visible? What is so god damn terrifying about a nipple?
This. One of the biggest taboos in western society is a female nipple. How dumb is that?
>>
>>93840913
>Like, why is there so much outrage over a woman's nipple being visible? What is so god damn terrifying about a nipple?
Ironically, lots of feminists support the idea of destigmatizing nipples, but at the same time demonize every appearance of a sexy female character in nerd media.
>>
>>93840848
You are gonna have to explain a bit more. The analogy isn't doing it for me. Humor is funny. A good guy punching a bad guy is either relief, surprise, humor, joy.

Sexuality creates desire or lust. Or is there something else being created? Desire and lust are clearly not positive in and of themselves. Not because of some sin bullshit or anything, but it is a low key thing that doesn't lead anywhere.

Does it remind you of previous encounters? Is it creating a sense of nostalgia or something? Because sexuality doesn't seem like entertainment to me.
>>
>>93840848
this guy gets it
>>
>>93840913
I like it being private. Demonizing it is wrong, but there's nothing wrong about wanting sex to be something you willing expose yourself to.
>>
>>93840640
Honestly, like the other anon said, welcome to reading comics. That's a convention many people feel exactly the opposite about.
>>
>>93837663
sauce on allison? she fine as fuck
>>
>>93838730
>Witchblade
>Dead
Thank god, it was awful.
>>
>>93841078
>Sejic
>awful
>>
>>93841074
>Allison
>not Sheridan
pleb taste
>>
>>93840561
Only Amerifats in the media industry think that.
>>
>>93839481
>No one ever calls out anatomically incorrect poses like
Not to be a shittier in your argument about only complaining about females, but there's plenty of blogs dedicated to shitty anatomy in general.
Maybe you ignore them because they don't make you rage, but they do exist.
https://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/6/14/3084348/the-second-40-worst-rob-liefeld-drawings
>>
File: uber special 00 censored.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
uber special 00 censored.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>93840945
Interesting, isn't it?
>>
>>93840496
Then do it faggot, for this board's sake.
>>
>>93838993
>I just hate seeing people in pinup poses in the middle of scenes where it doesn't suit it.
I get this. Sexy posing mid-fight doesn't really make much sense, does it?
>>
>>93840977
>You are gonna have to explain a bit more.
I really can't make it any more simpler than what I already said: Sexuality is entertaining. Sex can be used for humor, shock value, and drama, among other things. Not just for masturbation. You might look at this comic here and see something distasteful. But the joke is that Condorito is a silly and reckless guy who would risk harm and possible as long as he can catch another glimpse of a beautiful lady. It's meant to be funny though, not deadly serious and boner-inducing.

>Sexuality creates desire or lust
Not always. As I said above just now, it can also be used for other reasons. All of them ultimately meant to entertain.

>Desire and lust are clearly not positive in and of themselves.
See this is where your bizarre outlook comes from. Desire and lust are based on innate instincts in every living, sexually mature individual. They create a drive to breed, to procreate and perpetuate the species. And they indirectly motivate the way we live our lives, from fashion to makeup to cologne and perfume. Desire and lust are not inherently evil.

>sexuality doesn't seem like entertainment to me.
Because you have a warped view of sexuality.
>>
>>93841184
What's funny is that you're risking a ban not for the excessive blood and gore, but for the censored nipples and cootch. Yes, even CENSORED female nipples are frowned upon and bannable.
>>
File: 1398794795972.jpg (107KB, 736x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1398794795972.jpg
107KB, 736x1116px
>>93840848
What is this from? It's pretty funny.
>>
>>93841191
>for this board's sake
what sake would that be?
>>
>>93841193
You are conflating the use of a character's sexuality as a narrative device vs. sexuality being the thing provided by the narrative.

A character desiring and wanting something is cool. Me being left desiring and wanting something after reading is not.
>>
>>93841193
It isn't about it being evil. I want to emphasize that. It is about them not creating positive emotions.
>>
If anything, the bodies of women in comics are a lot more achievable than the men. For a woman, diet and light exercise is all that's really needed. For a man, you could go to the gym every day for three years and still not look like Wolverine as he looked in the 90s.
>>
>>93841238
I hate seeing this pic posted when people complain about "SJWs shutting up muh comics" it's LITERALLY Cassandra from Dragon Age cosplaying Wonder Woman. Fuck out of here
>>
>>93841421
You can't grow boobs or taller from working out.
>>
File: HOLYWOW.jpg (192KB, 1021x741px) Image search: [Google]
HOLYWOW.jpg
192KB, 1021x741px
>>93841435
True, but you can change your body composition with weightlifting. A lot of girls think weights will make them big and buff, when in reality it makes them 10/10.
>>
>>93840945
Femals nipples getting an immediate R-rating in movie makes no sense, I don't know why it's treated the same as genitalia when it comes to censoring.
>>
>>93837716
>SJWs don't buy shit
neither do non-SJWs
Print comics are now beta testing for shitty screenplays. They want us to pay 4 bucks an issue to be their editors.

So of course we all pirate.
>>
>>93841496
There are also breast implants that are widely commercially available.
>>
>>93837663
>Superhuman beings at the top of the line of fitness and strength
Why the fuck would they be fat for fucks sake
>>
>>93841561
I think stopping girls from being inspired to buy implants to match the look of super heroines is kind of their MO.
>>
>>93837663
why people still go to buzzfeed is beyond me
like, wtf people
>>
File: 1397036028170.jpg (44KB, 500x512px) Image search: [Google]
1397036028170.jpg
44KB, 500x512px
>>93841434
Did someone say "SJWs shutting up muh comics"?

I think these designs are great, actually. Diaz may be a preachy, irritating hack, but he's not completely talentless.
>>
>>93840504
Well it's not about art anatomy or whatever B.S. the Eschers are spinning, these guys just hate comic art and the fandom. They get their jollies mocking comic readers
>>
>>93841182
Again, Liefeld is called out because he is a bad artist, period, regardless of the pose. That's different. Hawkeye Initiative and the like only ever call out sexy female poses, despite the same shit happens with a lot of male heroes like Daredevil or Spidey as well.
>>
>>93837663
The one doing the red sonja pose looks like my 61 year old mother and it's weirding me out.
>>
>>93840711
>Anime is the only thing SJW cannot touch
The Jew fears the Samurai.
>>
>>93841435
You can get a nice ass tho
>>
>>93841731
My ass is already flawless.
>>
>>93841600
>stopping girls from being inspired to buy implants to match the look of super heroines
Has anyone in the history of the universe ever done that?
>>
>>93841742
Can it pass for a woman's though?
>>
>>93841684
MILF
>>
>>93837716
Women have been enjoying nerd shit for years. Slash fiction has been a thing since the 60s and it's usually written by actual women.
>>
File: Dat Spider-Ass.jpg (99KB, 600x533px) Image search: [Google]
Dat Spider-Ass.jpg
99KB, 600x533px
>>93841742
Bullshit. Asspics or you're the biggest shitter ever.
>>
File: 1389561585406.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1389561585406.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>93841756
No, but they have bought implants in order to match the perceived female body ideal.

An argument might be made that female superheroines reinforce that ideal, thus perhaps playing a minor part in increasing demand for implants. It's not a great argument, but it does make sense.
>>
>>93841851
This.

There's a difference between women who actually enjoy nerd shit, and wannabes who only got into nerd shit when it got trending and want to change it to conform to their normie tastes
>>
>>93837663
sometimes they pose deflecting bullets too. They should try that out next time.
>>
>>93839190
sauce nigga.
>>
>>93841798
More like MILNF
>>
File: sa9oyxshbkeo.jpg (66KB, 640x606px) Image search: [Google]
sa9oyxshbkeo.jpg
66KB, 640x606px
>>93841908
Are there any sexy flat chested super heroes?
>>
>>93837663
they can't tell the difference between art and real life. this would be like comparing women to the works of a cubist painter or Salvador Dali artwork
>>
>>93841908
That's an argument that's so bullshit even SJWs rarely use it anymore.

Yes, popular media can influence women and impose societal pressure on them. Keyword: popular. If anything, the main media that influence women to change their appearance would be women's magazines, ads, movies, and TV shows. If anything, cartoons probably influence a much larger percentage of women than cape comics ever did.

This argument is used by people who just don't like pictures of sexy women for their own reasons, and just look for a reason to "prove" why they're "bad". In fact, the only way this "argument" could work is if you conveniently ignored that it's a well-known fact that young men suffer body image problems too, and that some of them also wreck their health trying to imitate male beauty ideals.
>>
>>93841915
Exactly. Female fans have been around for a long time. They're not nonexistent and they've never been.
People just don't always notice them because
1) they keep to themselves or stay in their own female dominated circle because women enjoy fandom a little differently - they are more about writing fanfiction and drawing shipping crap or gushing over male characters which male fans usually don't do
2) a lot of female fans keep their interests to themselves and do not force it on other people

I personally don't give a shit when it comes to comics. Most of them have gotten bad a long time ago when writers started thinking that being overly dark and edgy equals intelligent writing.
And it makes sense to me to point out bullshit poses because holy shit, some artists need anatomy lessons. It's nonsense to act like this only happens to female characters though because it doesn't.
>>
>>93841496
+ posture.
>>
>>93841950
Emily Ratajkowski.
>>
>>93842059
>It's nonsense to act like this only happens to female characters though because it doesn't.
People who complain about "unrealistic poses" or "impractical outfits" only complain when it's a sexy female character. Rob Liefeld is often used as a counterexample, but that man is a meme, and he's pretty much the exception that proves the rule.
>>
So fanservice is only bad when it's aimed at men, right?
>>
File: 1687694567834.jpg (2MB, 2206x2168px) Image search: [Google]
1687694567834.jpg
2MB, 2206x2168px
>>93837716
>>
>>93842059
>It's nonsense to act like this only happens to female characters though because it doesn't.
Sure, show me when the Hawkeye Initiative or Eschergirls ever criticized male poses like >>93838084, or when people specializing on criticizing "impractical" armor ever criticized male examples. I'll wait.
>>
>>93842134
depends on the people you ask. pandering to women is bad when you ask dudes. pandering to dudes is bad when you women, everybody only wants the shit that panders to them and whines about everything else. nobody is happy.
>>
>>93842134
I don't like it as a whole. I don't need so much man ass in my life.
>>
>>93842001
Flat chested is not allowed. If you're not interested in titcows you're obviously gay
>>
>>93842163
I love when people skim a post agreeing with them and then reply all indignantly.
>>
>>93837663
Equivalent to saying touching your toes without bending your knees is impossible because you can't do it, to a crowd of gymnastics judges.
>>
>>93842001
Ninjette
>>
>>93841229
And that's on fucking 4chan, which is more lenient than most of society.
>>
>>93842001
Jubilee and Kitty Pryde? But neither of them ever do "sexy".
>>
>>93841643
GL and Wonder Woman look alright, rest of these designs are trash. I also sort of agreed with Diaz's sentiment that Martian Manhunter's moveset needs to be revamped, it's a bit too versatile and that's why he's prone to jobbing when he's part of a team.
>>
>>93838974
Honest answer, men have testicles
>>
>>93842001
not usually for long.

any that start that way, tend to grow over time. More laziness then anything else.

same as the one body type issue.
no shortstacks, no thicc hips/thighs, etc.
>>
>>93837663
10 or 15 years ago we would've simply laughed at these insecurities and this probably would've been the premise to an episode of South Park.

I hate living in this timeline so much
>>
File: 567475467457.jpg (3MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
567475467457.jpg
3MB, 3000x3000px
>>93837663
this one is legit scary desu
>>
>>93837663

all this does is making me vaguely antiamerican and in favor of low intensity fat shaming.
>>
File: it_s_not_impossible.jpg (253KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
it_s_not_impossible.jpg
253KB, 1080x1920px
If it's not possible explain this
>>
>>93842479
>>93842001
THIS

This is the issue we should be fighting for. More sexy heroines of all bodytypes, instead of removing the sexy altogether
>>
>>93842495
whoa. sh-shes fat.
>>
>>93837663
Okay, these people are retarded, but can we talk about how despite them being tubs of lards they're actually doing the damn poses? If anything Buzfeed is disproving themselves.
>>
>>93842528
Nobody will want to draw a "sexy" obese or skeleton m8
Faith isnt even artistic choice but what the author wants before you start
>>
>>93842513
He's skinny. Do you see any skinny people in OP's pic?

>>93842528
Agreed. There are certain types of people who hate beauty and want to destroy it.
>>
>>93837663
Reminds me of that one SU thread where some fat ass asked if Pearl's pose (reaching behind her back to hold her elbow) was some kind of skinny person thing, and then got super defensive when everyone started asking him shit like "how much of a fat fuck are you?"
>>
>>93842528
as a Bifag who is pretty much into all body types from skeleton to fatty I dream of a world where casts are diverse yet sexy.
>>
File: 1462900426053.png (153KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1462900426053.png
153KB, 351x351px
>>93837663
And yet absolutely no one complains that male superheroes have an Arnold Schwarzenegger (in his prime) physique that only the top 5% (if we're being very generous) of men have or can even achieve, on top of having strong square jawlines and near perfect hair.
>>
>>93842528

I'm all for more diverse body types, but heroes should look like they could actually save someone's life.

If Faith showed up to save me from a burning building, I'd be pretty worried. Both for my own well-being and hers. But there's no reason we can't have heroes with fat girlfriends and stuff like that. Or bring back classic, fat Etta Candy.
>>
>>93837663
>tfw you I can do all those poses and im not even female
The only difficult one it's black widow.
I'm not obese, but certainly I'm not skinny either, bitches are not even trying or are incompetent.
>>
>>93842593
>>93842818
I didn't mean landwhales, for chrissakes, I meant like short or tall, wide hips or narrow hips, thin or curvy, small tits or big tits

>But there's no reason we can't have heroes with fat girlfriends and stuff like that. Or bring back classic, fat Etta Candy.
Well, agreed on that
>>
File: humberto_ramos_bad_anatomy.jpg (85KB, 550x299px) Image search: [Google]
humberto_ramos_bad_anatomy.jpg
85KB, 550x299px
>>93842784
For real though. Spider-Man makes these chicks look like they have brooms for spines.
>>
>>93839190
>silicon ass
nah
>>
>>93842784
I don't like it. I think men with those square jaw lines and super buff bodies look weird. I like my men more pretty, know what I'm saying?

Also in the screencap she says after saying "such an unrealistic to look incredible" that "This pretty much goes for men in comics too".
>>
>>93842968
>Also in the screencap she says after saying "such an unrealistic to look incredible" that "This pretty much goes for men in comics too".
Yeah that was the only positive part about this whole bullshit image. It was pretty surprising actually
>>
>>93839392
Quit bowing to peer pressure you faggot. Are you a 14-year old girl or a semi-functional manchild?
>>
>>93837663

Usually when beer-bellied men pose in heroic Romance Novel poses, its played off as a joke.
>>
>>93837663
>the comic panels represents a split second of time during which they are acrobaticly flipping around in the air and shit
>wtf it hurts to hold this pose for a while and it's hard to keep standing during it

>this is impossible
>allison and sheridan actually matched their poses pretty well

I don't know what they meant by this
>>
>>93839086
>>93839113
would be simpler if olympic atheletes were just nude all the time
>>
>>93843257
Yeah I say they should go back to their roots
>>
>>93843257
Ancient Olympian please leave.
>>
>>93843103
Being ashamed isn't only to do with peer pressure.
>>
File: 1359867100655.jpg (161KB, 600x927px) Image search: [Google]
1359867100655.jpg
161KB, 600x927px
>>93840977
Not that anon but for me looking at sexy females is not the same as getting aroused. I love the female body, so looking at it makes me happy. Doesn't even have to be sexual, the same way greeks and romans made statues and drawings of perfectly sculpted men, it was not to jack off to them, but to admire the human body.

Finally, you can look at other people normal behaviors that are sexually related but not always equals to have sex or gets you there, like flirting, caressing and kissing. Sometimes people just do those things because they like those things, not the sexual themes that are attributed to them.
>>
>>93837663
>Fat ladies can't stretch as well as professional acrobats/agents/dancers

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?
>>
>>93842495
>omae wa mou shindeiru
>>
>>93842495
The new variant cover for Faith is getting too real
>>
I sometimes wonder if BuzzFeed is an elaborate stealth parody of epic proportions
>>
>>93843560
You know, you're right. I don't know why I suddenly started acting like an alien.

I guess my line between "sexy" and "softcore porno" different from now, but that doesn't mean I need to throw out the entire notion of sexiness sans sex.
>>
File: 1475865346212.jpg (55KB, 495x455px) Image search: [Google]
1475865346212.jpg
55KB, 495x455px
Genuine question, why is medium of comics targeted so much for "objectifying women" and "pushing unrealistic standards" when no one fucking reads them anymore? Especially when these days, capeshit (the main target) has so many varying artstyles when compared to past decades.

Like videogames, movies and anime are way more popular yet the last two get nowhere near as much hate as comics. It wasn't until tropes vs women that vidya started being a big target for people to cry muh soggy knee.
>>
>>93842495
s-she's fast!
>>
>>93844557
yeah funny how you never hear woman complaining how men look on the covers of romance novels
>>
>>93837663
Hiring non flexible fat women to do normal women poses.

How retarded can Americans be?
>>
>>93844557
u wot m8

Both media and the industry shit on gamers all day every day and the "sexy=objectifying" shit started around 2012 and is still going strong
>>
>>93844557
didn't DC or Marvel started some sort of institution to regulate how sexy things could get on comics since like 1960?
>>
>>93842593
dude, do you know ther is such thing as in betweens right?
>>
>>93842059
To add to this, female comic fans (and I mean the real ones, not the chicks on Tumblr who share single panels to bitch about but never touch the books) generally don't care about enough about fan service to stop reading. Just looking at the large female demographic for fan service riddled anime and the way cosplays of a female character (Harley Quinn) skyrocket when she gets an attractive/sexy costume.

Which is ironic since it also means when companies like Marvel radically change their female characters to make them more "female friendly," it means they're also alienating the women who already read their books to chase after ones that likely never will.
>>
>>93846047
Bell = THICCC
>>
>>93846197
Some real female comic fans like sexy costumes, some don't care, some don't like them, just like with all things. But yeah, it's not as homogenously "women hate sexy costumes" as the sjw would like us to think.

As for Tumblr chicks, most of them aren't even comic fans. They're not an evil conspiracy either. Most people seem to not understand how this Tumblr outrage thing works. Here's how:

Most of this part of Tumblr is full of liberal leaning teenage girls. Teenagers in general are very prone to peer pressure, and among teenage girls it can get really savage. So a lot of teenage girls do what they can to try and fit in. In those parts of Tumblr, the best way to fit in is to show yourself as "woke" to social justice ideas. So as a result, you get swarms of desperate girls trying to show off their "woke"ness, most of the time without much rhyme or reason. Real social justice issue can't be conjured on a whim, they require actual work and research to find and "call out"... so a lot of them prefer to scrub every piece of available media to find something that can be construed as "problematic", basically to get social points among their peers. And that's how we have what we have.
>>
>>93846582
I don't think they have as much power as /co/ pretends they do though.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.