[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gem Creation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: amethysts.gif (703KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
amethysts.gif
703KB, 640x360px
I've been thinking, since it turned out Amethyst is nearly identical to other Amethysts aside from size, BP and YP are essentially just Pearl on a scale from quiet to pompous, the two Zircons were exactly the same aside from mood, etc, how is it that same type gems are always nearly identical? Is there a master copy that just gets cloned over and over again?

copy/paste programming?
>>
It's presumably mass production, yeah. Functionally it's not that different from how species on earth work, each having their own mindsets, abilities, and physical similarities to the rest of their species. The difference is just that gems arent self-replicating and thus a central authority needs to make conscious decisions about which types to create.
>>
>>93836507

I figure that gems of the same type just have similar base traits and that their actual personalities are built off of that.

We can see with the Amethysts that they're all generally pretty laid back and lazy, but in the cases of the Pearls, I think it'd be less easy to define since they seem to be heavily influenced by whoever owns them.

i.e Blue Pearl is reserved and quiet like Blue Diamond usually is, while Yellow Pearl is much more dynamic and prideful, as well as having more of a temper, like Yellow Diamond. We don't know what our Pearl was originally like, but we can still see that she at least tries to mimic Rose's strength and kindness.
>>
File: 1494370290306.png (467KB, 1242x808px) Image search: [Google]
1494370290306.png
467KB, 1242x808px
>>93836904
>Deep down she is still just a Pearl
Kind of tragic if you consider she will never truely break out of her role
>>
File: smug aquamarine.png (91KB, 327x414px) Image search: [Google]
smug aquamarine.png
91KB, 327x414px
>>93836953
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjErCqSwP1E
>>
>>93836507
They're not clones. They're grown in the ground like plants.
>>
>>93837082
We literally clone plants that grow in the ground.
>>
>>93837097
I wouldn't consider them clones since they're not identical enough for me to consider them like that.
>>
>>93837119
By "them" do you mean plants or Gems?
>>
>>93837522
Gems.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.