[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spider-Man Reading Guide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

I recently been reading USM where I'm at about issue 92 and ASM at about issue 6. I saw a reading guide on how to read Spider-Man in detailed order on reddit, but it seemed like a hassle to flip flop through all these comics to get all the history and lore like the comic where I guess MJ knew Peter was Spider-Man since he flew out the window or something or similar stories. Are all of these important? Like Web of Spider Man, Spectacular Spider-Man etc.?
>>
>>93835693
It was an unfortunate reality of comics in the late 80's and early 90's that they would get you to buy multiple books by doing shit like that for the big characters (Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman, Superman).

So yeah, it is a hassle, but it also happens to be one of Spider-Man's best eras so it is worth the effort.
>>
>>93835950
I'll try, I guess it was even harder to find comics back then. Just wish there was an easier way to consume all this content.
>>
Spider-Man was good up until Gwen's death. Then it all went downhill except some MJ stuff, and The Last Hunt.
>>
>>93836389
Does Last Hunt fall anywhere canonically?
>>
File: 1499707873956.jpg (47KB, 640x611px)
1499707873956.jpg
47KB, 640x611px
>>93835693
>mfw I came into this thread thinking someone had edited that picture to have Spiderman saving Hal Jordan
I guess not every day is amazing
>>
>>93836389
So Roger Stern was Bad? Are you serious?
>>
>>93836389
While I agree it was a downward slide I think it was a gradual slide.

Gerry Conway's run continued on for several years and was still mostly top-notch. Then you had Wein followed by Wolfman which were solid but meandering.

Roger Stern and then Tom DeFalco's runs were major inspiration for the 90's animated series so if you like that you'll like those comics.

The Priest edited era is mostly a curiosity nowadays. That's where it really started to go downhill.

Then you had the Michelinie and MacFarlane era which is fun if you like Venom I suppose.

>>93836441
Last Hunt is in the middle of the Black Suit era.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraven%27s_Last_Hunt

Honestly OP ASM is one of the few series I'd recommend just reading all of. When there are crossovers the issues themselves will direct you to what to read. For the most part the bad periods are few and far between up until obviously Clone Saga and those bad periods are mediocre at worst.
>>
>>93836389
>Spider-Man was good up until Gwen's death. Then it all went downhill

You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>93836389
Fuck off. Spidey from 1975 to 1990 was the best.
>>
>>93835693
post the reading guide please
>>
>>93838814
Bump
>>
>>93838814
>>93840409
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GLcaNiYV1NC_I5tudwEFXp8PsLzeI_q0XJDQXYGu-js/edit#gid=531554735
>>
>>93841770
Thank you.
>>
>>93836389
ASM was on a gradual decline after "The Final Chapter," man. It was real slow, but post-Ditko was generally lower quality, the 70's settled into a groove, and the 80's was full of uninteresting stories. There have always been a few standouts, but the entire history of the character has been some real good stuff and a sea of meh soap opera.
>>
>>93836389
Your opinion is shit and so is Gwen.
>>
>>93835693
Reading stories in chronological order is for people whose disability prevents them from understanding nonlinear storytelling. Just read Amazing Fantasy 15 then go over to ASM, start at issue 1, and go. Then when you hit an event read the other Spider-Man books that tie into that event.
>>
>>93836679
There's more to Michelinie era than Venom
>>
>>93843168
His best stuff was just Peter being a dude.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.