[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can anyone defend this abortion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 292
Thread images: 32

File: IMG_0867.jpg (150KB, 725x673px)
IMG_0867.jpg
150KB, 725x673px
How can anyone defend this abortion?
>>
>>93835669
Are people defending it?
>>
Intriguing concept that relies on execution. How can Batman be the bad guy?
>>
>>93835669
Batman as a villain upsets you?
>>
File: IMG_0748.jpg (86KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0748.jpg
86KB, 400x400px
>>93835711
>intriguing concept
>sjw joker
>>
>>93835669
>Being assblasted by an Elseworlds

Who gives a fuck? If it's bad it just gets relegated to the 25 cent bins of history.
>>
>>93835738
>sjw joker
When you phrase it that way it seems even more interesting.
>>
>>93835669
It's an Elseworld.
>>
>>93835669
I refuse to be assblasted by an Elseworld, and so should you.
>>
>>93835711
>Batman's constant beatings was the only thing keeping me insane
>I was getting my life together and giving money to the church for those programs
>>
>>93835669
Easily because it's an Elseworld?
>>
>>93835669
I remember OMAC so Batman being written as more of a destructive asshole is real easy to believe.
>>
>>93835669
My only problem with the Murphy interview was the mention of Black Lives Matter. What possible connection is there between BLM and Batman?

Aside from that, it's just an Elseworld. Nothing to get worked up over.
>>
>>93835781
>>93835776
>>93835770

This

>>93835669
I'm actually really excited, it might be the first cape book i'll buy this year (except valiant). Batman is the only superhero to never pull the "go evil " storyline, and I'm interested.
>>
>>93835669
>>93835692
>>93835738

I'm sorry, what exactly are you faggots bitching about? It's an Elseworld story for fuck's sake. It's no different than Superman as a totalitarian commie in Red Son. It's a retelling of the characters, not an in-continuity story. And frankly, if they do it right, it could be an introspective look at Batman's character. Writers have played with the "Batman is as crazy as his villains" idea for years and this story is just another way to do a take on that.

You faggots probably don't even read comics anyways. Go rewatch The Dark Knight and The Avengers for the sixth time instead of bitching about something you wouldn't have read anyways.
>>
>>93835803
Yeah, it's like OP and other people similar to him only started reading comics in the 2010's.
>>
>>93835807

I can see what he's talking about. BLM gets into fights with the cops and the media portrays them as a moving riot. The Cops, regardless of how corrupt or incompetent they are always receive the support of the government and media. If that were happening in gotham Batman would be out there busting protestor heads.
>>
Look just because Marvel SJW shit was shoved into your throat doesn't mean you should get us to get angry over a DC Elseworld story that doesn't in any way affect the actual Batman.

I miss Marvel's "What-if" stories. They should have brought those back if they wanted to do something different instead of raping what people know and love.
>>
>>93835692
It's not like the idea is bad, the issue is that the company has made hiring idiots and forcing them to write like a sack of potatoes being dropped on a typewriter their core business.
>>
>>93835839
what news have you been watching?
>>
>>93835839

What are you talking about? The media tends to side with BLM 90% of the time. Hell, they got away with hijacking pride parades and the media still sucks their cock.
>>
>>93835853

Probably Fox News. Tribalism ensures that only the right winged news sites pick up their bullshit while CNN and the like downplay their destructiveness as "voices of the people".
>>
>>93835669
What is the name and when will be released???
>>
>>93835813
>Batman is the only superhero to never pull the "go evil " storyline,

But they have some. Arguably Vampire Batman is Batman succumbing to bloodlust and willing to massacre by the final volume. Countdown had Earth-51 where Batman murdered all the supervillains and ended up with an Earth unprepared for invasion from Monarch and Superboy-Prime and others. There was a Shadow of the Bat annual with a Bruce who was raised by Jonathan Crane and over-controlled Gotham in a fascist manner.
>>
>>93835857

who is "the media"?

if we're talking about pop-peices on the internet then you're right. They're heavily BLM. but otherwise you're wrong.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Daniel_Linz/publication/258131225_Race_and_the_Misrepresentation_of_Victimization_on_Local_Television_News/links/5408a1d40cf2718acd3994d1/Race-and-the-Misrepresentation-of-Victimization-on-Local-Television-News.pdf

http://sophia.stkate.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1478&context=msw_papers

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.colorofchange.org/images/ColorOfChangeNewsAccuracyReportCardNYC.pdf
>>
>>93835844
>I miss Marvel's "What-if" stories. They should have brought those back if they wanted to do something different instead of raping what people know and love.
What-If stories aren't as controversy-worthy as making a canon status quo change.

If Iceman turned gay in a What-If story, no one would care, and Marvel would get none those precious (You)s they crave so much. 90% of their comic solicits boast changes that will "change things forever". They want that sort of attention.
>>
>>93835669
>modern social issues
What did they mean by this? Seriously

The synopsis didn't mentioned any change with Bats so I guess we can assume the story will be about the Joker "waking up" and calling him for his bullshit (them again, that would require him to know Bruce Wayne is Batman).
>>
>>93835807
>What possible connection is there between BLM and Batman?
Bat lives matter of course
>>
>>93835914
duke
>>
>>93835908
>What did they mean by this? Seriously
I think the implication is that Joker will become a public speaking figure in Gotham, engaging in social and political issues, while making the world aware of what a threat Batman is.
>>
>>93835886

There's also the Justice Lords. Back when Justice League was a hit animated series and before Injustice came into the picture.
>>
>>93835886

To my mind none of those really count. I'm looking for something more specific i guess, and part of that involves attacking batman as a figure and interrogating what the character represents and changing the character so much into these stories about vampires and solipsistic batwank feels like they're basically pussying out and not sticking to it.

Those characters are either so different it's pointless ( Knowing that if batman was a vampire he would be a vampire isn't that thrilling or interesting) and turning the premise into a story where it's not really abotu batman being evil, but rather about how batman is SO BADASS that he actually could kill everybody effortlessly if he wanted to, feels like it's wasting the idea to instead just lavish more praise on the character.

This premise seems more likely to really go for the idea.

You get what I'm saying?
>>
>>93835669

Why do you care? Does it hurt your fee fees? As it there's never been a bad Batman comic before. Grow the fuck up, faggot.
>>
File: 1452405034338.jpg (144KB, 846x471px) Image search: [Google]
1452405034338.jpg
144KB, 846x471px
>>93835920
>Bruce Wayne tries to defend Batman during one of Joker's public speeches
>Joker starts talking about how he was raped by Batman
>>
>>93835815
We should start banning anyone who visits Cbr, Tumblr and Reddit. It's infected by newfags and nothing good ever comes from people visiting those sites.
>>
>>93835896

Is that why THIS is happening?

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/07/09/bart-withholding-surveillance-videos-of-crime-to-avoid-stereotypes/
>>
>>93835928

This is me

>>93835930

The Justice Lords thing also seems like ignoring the idea to just hype batman up evil more. "Well he *did* turn evil , but he was the only one to turn good again and then he beat everybody else and ruled his earth benevolently, until batman beyond when he built a giant statue to himself in his god city."

It's a dodge.

The premise asks a question and that question is; "What would happen if Batman turned evil?"

"Batman could punch everybody" isn't an answer to that question
>>
>>93835942

Sadly I don't think they'd do that
>>
>>93835948

> hype batman up even more
not
> hype batman up evil more
>>
>>93835807
>What possible connection is there between BLM and Batman?

Gee, I dunno. Gotham PD's rampant corruption and blatant use of excessive force?
>>
>>93835669
>>
>>93835962
>Gotham PD's rampant corruption and blatant use of excessive force
But that was never exclusive to blacks.
>>
File: 1498938423112.jpg (18KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1498938423112.jpg
18KB, 300x225px
>>93835964
Really makes you think
>>
>>93835669
i thought everyone was trashing it

but i suppose SJWs and Joker&Harley fags are probably jacking off to this.
>>
>>93835988
>But that was never exclusive to blacks.

True, but it would reflect very clearer predominantly in the poorer black communities. It always does.
>>
>>93836009
>Joker&Harley fags are probably jacking off to this.
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>93835962
And it's not like Batman and the Batfamily are lax on the use of force either.
>>
>>93835999

>Be child
>Idolize Batman
>Can't be raped

>Be adult
>Idolize joker
>Can be raped

You were right, commissioner Gordon.
>>
The only thing I'm mad about is that this isn't a Jokester/Owlman story.

Have the Jokester's origin be a mirror to how it was presented in Snyder's run with there being a Red Hood Gang in Owlman's early years who were trying to be an IRL Anonymous, with Jokester being thrown in acid in an attempt to kill him, only for him to kinda crack (best version of the Jokester was in the Brave and the Bold tv show, where they hinted that he still wears the Red Hood to keep from going completely insane) and have him realize you have to be insane to fight the Owlman and he's the one guy to do it.
>>
This board has totally gone down the shitters. Worst part about these posts made by underaged /v/ermin and summerfags is that they are using screencaps now instead of retarded meme phrases. This board needs to be nuked.
>>
>>93835669
DC is clever. They keep SJW bullshit to elseworlds or books no one will read.
>>
File: IMG_20161224_010410_344.jpg (65KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161224_010410_344.jpg
65KB, 320x320px
>>93835813
>valiant
>>
>>93835669
Why are you so mad about a comic that isn't even out yet?
>>
>>93835669
Why does anyone need to defend and Elseworlds? That lines literal purpose for existing is to do out there, crazy stories.
>>
>>93835711
Gosh, I wonder. How could Superman be the bad guy of Injustice?

>>93835738
>SJW Joker

You lost me.
>>
>>93835711
He could repeatedly imprison a terrorist who always escapes and kills more people, rather than letting the police shoot him in self defense and save thousands.
>>
File: 1497430742645.jpg (113KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1497430742645.jpg
113KB, 1252x1252px
>>93835669
Wew, Murphy is an excelent artist but such a shitty writter his Punk Rock Jesus project was downright hilarious and the whole time i was praying that the last chapter would reveal it was some kind of satire.

Guess it will be pretty at least.
>>
>>93835669
it's an Elseworlds and SGM is a great artist

stop being a fucking pussy
>>
>>93836366
There have been at least 15 books since Rebirth that went full BOBBY UR GAY LOL.
>>
>>93835669
Could be fun if it's well done. There is a good reason why there is no rl Batman. Justice doesn't wirk that way.
>>
>>93835669
>it's a batman is just as crazy/unhinged as the joker episode
>>
>The Batman finally raped the Joker into insanity but he lost his in the act
>Now the Joker must rape the Batman

Was it worth it, Jim?
>>
>Joker fighting against Batman using social media
>a Gotham dealing with Black Lives Matter
It'll be shit
>>
>>93836717
Such as?
>>
File: 89HANHg.gif (693KB, 339x279px) Image search: [Google]
89HANHg.gif
693KB, 339x279px
>>93835669
>using modern social issues
>>
>>93836813
>There should be more issues related to more topical past issues in comics, like whether or not we should get rid of the gold standard and woman suffrage!
>>
I'm gonna read it before deciding it's bad. It's only Elseworlds.
>>
File: file.png (555KB, 454x694px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
555KB, 454x694px
>>93835669
>Modern social issues
If you've read this you know that SGM has the mind of a 14 year old, going to have to skip this one.
>>
>>93835669
might be cool. I'll laugh my ass off if it turns out "sane" Joker is only "sane" because he appears to agree with the "modern social issues".
>clearly he's cured. If he shares our opinion, he can't possibly be insane!

They thought that he was the one who had gone mad!

He tried to argue with them. "You see that lake there? It was a desert. And that riverbed was only rocks and dust. Your well was dry."

They only stared. "What is he saying?" they asked, but they asked this in a language he did not understand, and so he had no idea what they were saying.

But he did understand their faces. They looked at him as if he were the one who was mad. They shook their fists. They shouted. Before long he was afraid. He could see they would never understand what he was trying to say. They would never remember the world as it had once been. And so he ran away, back to the safety of his cave and back to his secret water. He refused to drink this new water that drove everyone mad. No, he would stay in the safety of his world, with his own water.

But as time passed, he became more and more lonely. He had no family. He had no friends. He had no one to talk to. Sometimes, late at night, he crept out of his cave and stole to the village and wandered the streets; when he heard people talking together and laughing, his heart ached. He wished he could join them in their madness.

At long last he made a decision. He would drink this new water and become like all the others. He too would be mad.

That very day, he walked to the well that had once been his, and he drew up a bucket of water. Thirsty for friendship, he drank. In just one moment he understood the language the others were speaking, and when his old friends passed by, he joined them, and he forgot all about the past. He forgot his cave and his water.

His friends embraced him and cried, "You were mad, but you have been restored to sanity!"

And because he no longer remembered, he did not argue.
>>
>>93836846

It was a pretty fun comic outside of a poor ending.
>>
>>93836828
Nice strawman, tumblr.
>>
>>93835669
I'm intrigued actually.
>>
Remember when people were triggered over Batman beating up cops in DKIII because it was perceived as SJW and BLM shit? This is hilarious how butthurt people get over social issues showing up in Batman comics.
>>
Injustice 2 fans The comic will make us happy..Now batman is finally the evil person.
>>
File: latest[1].png (835KB, 477x695px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
835KB, 477x695px
>>93835669
with my Giant Soldier of Stone, placed face-up, in defense mode
>>
>point out that it looks like it'll be shit
>a swarm of people arrive to paint you as an angry idiot who needs to not get mad over comics
Really makes you think
>>
>>93836930
Best post in this thread
>>
>>93835711
Well, if they want to explore real-world issues (which is one of those words which fucking always sets off alarm bells in my head since 9/10 times they are mishandled to incredible degrees), it's not really hard, all you need to do is deconstruct Batman.

If you start applying real-world logic to the stuff Bruce does at the street-level in Gotham, he's a terrible person. The guy wastes possibly millions of dollars to develop advanced technologies to facilitate cruising around a city and punching people for breaking the law, rather than tackling the actual issues which cause that crime. He acts as an opposing force which drives and encourages other costumed and themed lunatics. He refuses to kill, even when refusing to kill leads to even more people dying, and the modern take depicts this more as an Arthurian I-am-so-awful-I-must-have-an-oath thing rather than out of faith in the people or society or in the ability of people to reform. He's a person as crazy as the people he fights and runs around exacerbating and escalating the issues of Gotham instead of fixing them.

I mean, you're trying to apply real-world logic to comic book stuff, and that rarely works and the few times it's worked the best it led to an overall decline in comicbook storytelling, but if it's its own thing it's not technically impossible, but it sure as hell is right to be skeptical when you read these words that have been used and with the tendency for these sorts of endeavors to end up underwhelming at best.
>>
Batman deserves it because of Injustice-
For what they did to damian and superman For batmans white man pain.
>>
>>93835669
All's fair game in elseworld stories. What's wrong? You batfucks can't handle AU versions of your character being the bad guy? Awww how sad, fuck you we've had to stomach enough "Superman is evil" stories to last a decade.
>>
>>93837018
This.
>>
>>93837018
This page is going to be a fustercluck, and I'm going to enjoy every moment of it.
>>
>>93837018
Me too, I'm making popcorn for the occasion.
>>
>>93837018
I don't understand this post
>>
>>93837139
Increase your melanin levels and it will make sense.
>>
>>93837139
Batman earned a batman's bad story...Because he is such an asshole in the game .
>>
>>93835669

>A world where the Joker has been cured of his insanity and no longer feels homicidal urges

So, not The Joker then? Whats the point? This could have been interesting if he was a batshit lunatic trying to do something right, like take on a megabillionare sociopath who probably traffics children or some shit.
>>
>>93837018
Agreed
....... I don't feel any sympathy for Bruce.
>>
>>93837211

If he was still an insane criminal, nobody would listen to him, dummy. Being cured and famous, schmoozing the high class circles explains how he could become a political power to attack Batman with populism
>>
So it's all the sane Joker theories, crossed with all the "Batman is actually bad because Bruce Wayne could just buy a better Gotham" theories. That sounds like cancer. Might as well give them a fuck-fight relationship too, and complete the pleb trifecta.
>>
>>93835711
How can Superman be the bad guy? Simple: Write him out of character. So write Bruce as an insane manchild who doesn't care about reforming Gotham's corrupt institutions, but instead beats down poor and mentally ill people because he gets a stiffy when he hears bones break. He abducts little boys and makes them Robins because he wants child soldiers which might unbalance his opponents not to help kids heal from trauma. He builds shit like Brother Eye because he feels emasculated by metas like Supes instead of a precaution against them going rogue.

It's so fucking easy to write Batman as evil. It's only not been done because of the Legion of Batwankers in control at DC, Batman is their biggest seller and they don't want to damage him, and because it would upset his retarded fanboys who think he's a Mary Sue due to Injustice.
>>
>>93835928
Timm and Dini copped out of that one by having Lord Batman turn back to good.
>>
>>93837125
>fustercluck
>>
>>93835711
Earth-3 (now Earth-2) where everything is flipped. It wasn't that hard then so why would it be hard now?
>>
>>93835669
I'm game. I'll give this a shot.
>>
>>93836045
Joker and Harley are together in this. There are actually fans of that pairing unfortunately.
>>
>>93836946

To be fair, it's because people assume the OP's going to compare this to Marvel's SJW comics. The key difference being that Marvel's SJW shit is forced onto readers while this is an Alt-universe sort of thing for DC.
>>
>an entire event of evil alt multiverse batmen that were brought here only because of Bruce being a retard
>GL Earth-1 will likely have a Hal Jordan that's smarter than the blithering retard known as Earth-1 Bruce Wayne
>this
The era of trolling batfags
>>
>>93835669
If done right it could be awesome. Batman as a totalitarian control freak, the joker as a freedom fighter who'se sanity is slipping away.
>>
>>93837363
Harley would be nothing if she wasn't introduced as Joker's girlfriend, of course there are fans of the pairing.
>>
>>93836009
SJWs hate it because the Joker is the good guy.
Harley and Joker are married in this one, so of course their fans would like it.
>>
>>93837426
They still have Injustice
>>
>>93837420
>Marvel SJW shit
Um, sweetie...
>>
>>93836800
There hasn't been. He won't reply because he doesn't read comics. He'll probably link a diversity and comics video
>>
>>93837481
Wow one page from a one shot, guess DC has gone full SJW
>>
>>93837481
>meninist terrorists
That's hilarious. They're clearly the good guys trying to save western civilization, considering the fact that women are the ones ruining it.
>>
>>93836930
>in defence mode
>picture is vertical
I fucking loved that card. You were so close to the perfect post.
>>
>>93837491
Aquaman
Batwoman
Cyborg
Deadman - Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love
Detective Comics
Green Arrow
Justice League
Superwoman

>>93837491
Go fight your imaginary Booger Men somewhere else, DC apologetic.
>>
>>93835942
That is something I would do if I was the bat. Because he deserves it and because seriously, who would believe him?
>>
>>93835669
lol .001% chance of it not being trash.

At least use an interesting rogue instead of The Clown Meme of Crime. Automatically takes that percentage up into whole numbers.
>>
>>93835839
What's shareblue doing on /co/?
>>
So Joker just gets to walk away from murdering thousands of people? The idea itself is interesting but I feel like it's a flawed idea from the start.
>>
>>93837481
>meninist
I have to assume who ever wrote this is joking, because meninism is literally a fucking joke.
>>
>>93837631
Feminism is an even bigger joke at this point.
>>
>>93837481
>Meninist terrorists
>chemical compound believed to make women subservient

Sounds like the plot of a porn doujin.
>>
>>93837309
kek
>>
>>93837211
They need to make him a tragic character
>>
>>93835669
Elseworlds, kid
>>
>>93835669
Its not like they're retconning batman. Its just an original graphic novel to read.
>>
>>93837554
t. Gordon
>>
>>93835669

I thought the only people ass blasted by this were the ivy/Harley shippers
>>
holli would is a batman villain now?
>>
>>93837939
He says offensive stuff on twitter.
>>
>>93835711
>literally starts thinking of "whats this guy's weakness" the moment he meets someone
>is actually more prepared to fight superman than to fight joker
>defends joker in court because "muh justice"
>adopts orphans and turns them into soldiers
>is currently being written to be "in the middle of everything"
>fucking built brother eye
I think the better question is why hasnt he been written as a bad guy yet?
>>
>>93835669
Oh, I get it. It's that arc of Dark Knight Returns, but played straight.
>It twists a Frank Miller story, and therefore must be a liberal sjw conspiracy reee

Also
>Rehabilitated Joker
>implying A isn't, and won't always be A

Calm your autism, Ditko.
>>
>>93835669
Non canon and the art should be pretty good, the story will probably be garbage but that's never what I was going to buy this for
>>
>>93838456
You buy comics for the art? Or just this particular comic?
>>
>>93835669
NOT MUH BABMAN
BABMAN IS GOOD GUY
>>
>>93838465
Not him but sometimes it can be worthwhile. Depends on the disparity in quality. If the artist is good at a particular technique (action scenes is probably the most obvious one) then it doesn't really matter if the fight is happening for a stupid reason and you can still enjoy it.
>>
File: harvee.jpg (20KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
harvee.jpg
20KB, 540x405px
>>93835669
>hey here's a Elseworlds miniseries about a Batman villain
>but check it out, it's a REFORMED Batman villain
>it's a villain that has reformed and gone into politics
>and his goal is to restore law and order to Gotham City
>and dealing with social issues
>and confronting Batman about illegal and harmful actions!
>and this miniseries is going to be called "White Knight!"
>what villain is it ? why, of course it's going to be...
>THE JOKER

Fucking DC.
>>
>>93835844
I feel like Marvel shit the bed with being alright with a billion universes being canon instead of just doing What Ifs. Hate all you want but Spider Gwen would be better as an independent story.
>>
>>93838465
This particular one, I buy comics for story most of the time. I'm more likely to buy the book if the art is great even though it has a week story than when the story is great but the art is trash, guess that's because of how visual a medium comicbooks are
>>
Reminder that Elseworlds were cancelled because everything was just vanilla Superman or Batman in only a slightly different situation. That shit is creatively bankrupt.

This has a high probability of being bad, but more experimentation in themes and roles is clearly what they want from non-canon stuff.
>>
>>93838588
Joker is the charizard of DC, get over it
>>
>>93835780
hahahaha you made laugh man!
>>
>>93835669
what I'm deciding is if i'm going to buy 2 of each issue or just one and then the TPB
>>
>>93835669
Sounds interesting.

I've been wanting a batman series that focuses on Gordon and the villains/people of Gotham point of view of having a creature of the night.

Kind of like gotham, except we NEVER see the batcave, we NEVER see Bruce Wayne unless it's his playboy persona.

I want to know what it feels like to not know who batman identity is.

For this to work, it would have to be a looking series to immerse me and wash away the what I know about batman/Bruce wayne.
>>
>>93838986
*loooong.
>>
>>93835738
>a joker that doesn't mass murder people is an sjw

are you a false flag?
>>
>>93836009
The only fags angry at this elseworld are Harley/Ivy fags. And nobody cares about them
>>
>>93835669
This idea reminds me of Psyco 2.

Bates was cured, but the family of the murdered didn't trust him and start pushing him back into his insanity.

It was a surprisingly good sequel.
>>
>>93839001
>a Joker that fights injustice with social media isn't a SJW
>>
>>93837631
>Steve is obviously annoyed by these jokers
>using meninist in quotes
It's pretty clear the writer used the term in jest
>>
>>93837363
>fans of that pairing

you mean most of comic readers and now a horde of normies
>>
>>93835711
Batman is a vigilante, so he really is a criminal despite the "good" things he does.
>>
>>93839137
>implying anyone who tries to improve things is automatically a "SJW".

By your definition Trump is a SJW because he uses Twitter when talking about his social policies.
>>
>>93835669
People who hate batman like in this thread, sjw and /co/mblr.

It's a terrible idea and what you get when the editorial doesn't give a shit about what happens to batman.
>>
>>93838588
Joker is the most profitable possession DC has after Batman and then they have Harley so this thing is going to sell a lot.

Joker is a fan favorite and there're many writers waiting for a chance to write him, if you are a batman fan basically you like Joker's stories.
>>
>>93835669
Easy, it didn't come out yet and it's an elseworld.
>>
>>93837525
>Aquaman
You lost me
>Green Arrow
Was that the first time you ever read about Ollie?
>>
>>93835845
But we're not talking about Marvel?
>>
N-nu-nuh muh BATMAN!!!!!
>>
>>93839294
This.
The idea of the Joker as a good guy can have a lot of potential.
If it doesn't work, no one will mention it again.
>>
File: Nemesis.jpg (96KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Nemesis.jpg
96KB, 630x420px
>>93835669
Sounds familiar.
>>
>>93838465
this particular comic is something to collect and the art is good so in my case I'm going to buy it anyway.
>>
>>93835767
Laaaammmmeeeee
>>
>>93838465

Buying comics for the story is dumb because most capeshit have banal stories but nice storytelling through the art.
>>
>>93835767
It would if he was still the bad guy. But it sound's like he's just going to speak "truth to power" or some other author self insert shit.
>>
Seems the defense is just "elseworlds" and then theres the morons who actually think it sounds "cool"

The problem with it aside from it just being a shit story and just really lame sounding, is that its bullshit political ideals being injected into comics.

Theres nothing wrong with injecting politics or social ideas into a story, its been done well before, its a problem when the social commentary is bullshit and based on lies.

BLM isnt a justified movement, every black they rally for was justifiably killed. Wage gap? Thats also bullshit and theres plenty of evidence to support that the wage gap is nonsense.
So the concept so far is bullshit.

There are social issues happening now that are worth looking into, jihadis and islamic terror, corruption in the government, hollywood and many of its stars using their status to try and warp the minds of civilians, CNN and mainstream media being a bunch of liars.

this comic needs to be honest about these issues in order for it to be successful and good. But, seeing as how most artists these days are liberal theres more of a chance that it will be in support of these crummy ideologies and wont be honest. It will play BLM and prob. Antifa as heroes and that women are being oppressed, all the bullshit SJWs believe in.
>>
what if the big twist is that Joker only pretends to be sane because he realizes it'd be the best way to actually destroy batman

>pretend to be sane
>cry about how you're the real victim
>get the people to turn against batman
>>
>>93840145
>BLM isnt a justified movement, every black they rally for was justifiably killed.

Nuh-huh, Police can do no wrong, even when they shoot little kids over holding toy guns.
>>
>>93840145
Wage gap is common sense not bullshit. Growth of executive salaries has outpaced common folks by a lot even when you factor in the difference in skill level and risk.
>>
>>93840145
>But, seeing as how most artists these days are liberal theres more of a chance that it will be in support of these crummy ideologies and wont be honest. It will play BLM and prob. Antifa as heroes
You're jumping to conclusions based mostly on Marvel's current comics. All we know right now is that the writer intends to broach current political topics. We won't know the specifics until we see some preview pages or another interview.
>>
>>93840145
>Wage gap?
He's talking about the poor and the rich dumbass
>>
File: 1311624396016.png (87KB, 608x580px) Image search: [Google]
1311624396016.png
87KB, 608x580px
>>93837481
>meninist terrorists
>>
File: hitman002.jpg (50KB, 429x469px) Image search: [Google]
hitman002.jpg
50KB, 429x469px
>>93840377
>XY shirts
>>
>>93840225
Nuh..huh?

Wasn't the gun missing the orange tip which helps distinguish it as a toy?

Its like philando, an unfortunate event sure but justified. He kept going for the gun so he gets shot. Never said it was good but it was justifiable for the cop to freak out.

Tamir rice shouldn't have taken off the orange tip. Philando shouldve kept his hands on the wheel, eric garner shouldve got on the ground instead of resisting , Mike brown shouldnt have attacked a cop.

BLM defend them and even held an anniversary for sean bell ( who also provoked the cops) but to my knowledge didnt do an anniversary thing for abner louima who was sodomized by cops and he afaik was innocent of any allegations.

BLM defends criminals and ( in the cases of philando and tamir) illogical actions.
>>
>>93840464
Fuck off, /pol/
>>
>>93837481
That's bullshit /r9k/ would never be that /fit/
>>
>>93840377
>>93840399
This is why comics are good.

And the villain of the story was a woman who called Steve a cuck and said he underestimated women. Triggering all around.
>>
File: I,joker.jpg (227KB, 1071x1650px) Image search: [Google]
I,joker.jpg
227KB, 1071x1650px
>implying this is the first that joker has been the good guy and batman the bad guy
>>
>>93840301
yea i know, i never said it was a fact hed do this or that, but that its more likely.

Thats also why i said it will only work if its honest about the topics its discussing. I have no idea what this will end up being but it is far more likely that it will be pro-SJW but theres a chance it could be honest and well done.

Time will tell.
>>
>>93840320
Ah good point, my mistake on that.

Though now i wonder if its gonna be heavy on being pro socialism and communism.

Also, if it ends up talking about the gender wage gap, can i call you a dumbass?
>>
>>93840473
Excellent rebutal.
>>
>>93840464
The police need to be better trained so their first response isn't to go guns blazing into every situation. "I felt threatened so it was a justifiable shoot" has become a fucking crutch to police who can't handle the job and rather just empty a clip since it is easier. There's always an excuse to justify it when the victim is a poor black man.

BLM is about fighting the rampant police brutality that gets swept under the rug because five-0 can never do no wrong and almost always walk off scott free if they by chance happen to get prosecuted.
>>
Wait, that's supposed to be Joker in the OP? His skin is fucking WHITE
>>
>>93840595
>I felt threatened so it was a justifiable shoot
When a big guy is wrestling you for your gun, it's assumed they aren't just going to pistol whip you.
But the kid and the guy in the car I agree, those cops were too jumpy.
>>
>>93840595
>>93840628
You guys agree I think. There's a problem but everything shouldn't be used as evidence of it.
>>
>>93838658
>>93839276
You don't need to remind me of that.
I'm just pointing out that this story seems to have been practically written for Harvey. Everything about it seems like an ideal Two-Face vs Batman Elseworlds, especially with how criminally underutilized Harvey has been lately.
But, of course, it's going to be about Joker.
>>
>>93840681
Yea BLM will protest any police on black shooting regardless of justification.
>>
>>93840576
No point arguing with someone who isn't going to argue from a place of reason.
>>
>>93840728
There's never a justification to end the life on an african youth, especially one that's been cornered into his situation due to his enviroment caused by the systematic opression of the inherenth whire supremacy still rampant on modern america.
>>
>>93840595
there def. is corruption and that needs to be weeded out. Of course better training. There are cases of whites and hispanics that have met excessive force and shot in the back.

Its screwed up. But none of the cases BLM rallies for are unjustified. A few are unfortunate but not unjustified. Again, obey the law and you should still be alive at the end of the day. Reach for a gun when told not to, well thats not gonna end well.

I get that BLM says theyre about fighting corruption, but again they never rally for anyone who literally didnt do anything. Theres always something to it. Give me a case where i can say " yea that guy didnt do shit."
>>
>>93840728
There is a point after which every cop shooting is automatically suspicious and we've walked past that line a long time ago. And unfortunately rather than trying to fix the systematic problems Jeff Sessions is more keen to dismantle all the work on that issue and focus instead on attacking the greatest threat to the country: those goddamn hippy pot smokers.
>>
File: 1458361699290.png (110KB, 200x337px) Image search: [Google]
1458361699290.png
110KB, 200x337px
>>93840620
>>
>>93840760
Oh, this is just a troll. Shit, i thought this was serious, lol whoops.
>>
>>93840695
It seems Sean Murphy is some Harley fan, he keeps talking about TAS, on the other hand Joker going sane was used by Snyder recently.
>>
>>93840464
Funny how in Philando's case the NRA has kept its mouth shut for a year without so much as a peep. Had it been a white guy this would have become a huge 2nd amendment martyr party.
>>
It'll have good art. You don't have to read it.
>>
>>93840844
I doubt it. If the white guy was also foolish enough to reach for a gun when asked not to the NRA wouldnt back that up. It makes them and all pro gun people look bad.

NRA is about smart lawful use of firearms, obeying the law. The philando case would just exemplify the idea that sometimes guns get into the hands of people who arent that good at obeying the law.
>>
>>93835711
Ultimately, Batman is a story about a rich dude hunting poor people and the mentally ill for sport.
>>
>>93840895
Don't worry anon, he wasn't going to read it anyway
>>
>>93840955
Lol good observation.

Though in (well written) Batman's defense. Though he is beating on the poor, those poor people resort to crime of their own volition. They choose the path of crime, many poor people in Gotham are good and are also victims of those malicious poor people.

with Bats, hes mentally ill but scultped it into something positive. Hes proof someone can be mentally damaged but be a force of good.

Though when youre crazy enough you cant help what you do, like Joker. But others might have chosen to give into their dimentia or dark desires. Like riddler or penguine.
>>
>>93840595
of course, it's not like in the 5-10 seconds you need to check if a gun 6 feet away of you is real or not someone could shoot at you or other people.
>>
>>93841047
you can only go so far until "I guess I have brain problems" stops being a valid excuse for your behaviour and more a reason to be put down
>>
>>93835839
Except one of the first things Batman did when he started was root out coruption in the police force. He would be pro-BLM and anti police brutality.

>>93835886
Don't forget all those times when Batman wasn't explicitly evil, but was either an insane misanthrope with no friends, or the cause of all of Gotham's problems via escalation.
>>
>>93841123
Batman would be anti police corruption as well as anti BLM and anti Antifa.

They arent noble causes and he wouldnt stand for their bullshit riots or violence either.
>>
>>93841123
>He would be pro-BLM
I guess Batman likes riots, cars burning and stores looted when it's not the police or supervillains doing it
>>
>>93841123
>He would be pro-BLM
In the abstract. In practice, not so much.
>and anti police brutality.
Batman brutalizes criminals every time he goes out when he hits their heads so hard they fall unconscious (which always risks death).
>>
>>93835669
I am glad that this is happening. Not enough evil Batman out there.
>>
>>93837525
>Green Arrow
You really don't read comic books, don't you?
>>
>>93841383
You're the same type of /co/cksucker who would cry about people crying about "not muh". Go fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>93837312
This.
>>
File: a8410ad405f57e25ff04c24f2b19db46.jpg (370KB, 922x1400px) Image search: [Google]
a8410ad405f57e25ff04c24f2b19db46.jpg
370KB, 922x1400px
>>93835669
Looks pretty interesting, actually
>>
Joker is my husbando, so I'll be checking this out.
>>
>>93837481
Honestly, I didn't even knew the word Meninist existed. But since this is a one shot and it does not affect the main universe, it's fine. Kinda like Batgirl, it works as a contingency book.
>>
>>93841521
>it's okay when DC does it

Like clockwork.
>>
>>93841439
What the fuck does this even mean? Do you just take random posts from "Shitposting 2015" and think it makes sense?

This thread embodies everything wrong with /co/ people who don't read comics, or don't even google them. Like who the fuck doesn't know that Green Arrow is a liberal. Or what an elseworlds is? Instead you just use it as reason to post the latest fad to get angry about. Is it /tv/'s fault? Even the most normie casual people I know googled basic shit about a character to learn more about it. Jesus.
>>
>>93841466
yep, It's interesting besides we need elseworlds, almost every possible scenario in continuity was written already.
>>
>>93835964
I've always hated this image. An actual adult would realize they're both awful.
>>
File: muh.jpg (50KB, 751x597px) Image search: [Google]
muh.jpg
50KB, 751x597px
>>93841612
Does Green Arrow call himself a social justice warrior? Does he frequently remark the same SJW shit you'd see online? Did he do that in the New 52 version?

I'll give you a little hint. I've read all of Green Arrow since N52 started.

Now tell me if I was wrong to list him among the others just because at some point during this character's history he was written similarly to the CURRENT run. Now stop pretending like you're smart and that you "deserve" to post on /co/ because you think you know something I don't because you've decided to, in your life, to make a monolith out of people you don't like or disagree with. This is my last response to you, you disingenuous faggot fucking cocksucker.
>>
>>93841697
nah, they aren't awful but both are wrong
>>
File: 1488404751092.png (215KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1488404751092.png
215KB, 640x464px
>>93837481
>XY on their shirts
>>
>>93841123
Batman doesn't want to kill cops. He wouldn't want anything to do with BLM.
>>
>>93841439
So you really don't read comic books.
>>
>>93837525
I understand Batwoman but how are the other SJW?
>>
>>93841810

You know senpai, you didn't actually say anything in your post. You could replace Green Arrow with Funky Flashman in your post and it'd be the same.

Poor showing anon.
>>
>>93841989
They've all had their "hey bob-boblet-bobby my dude u r a homo lmao" moments.

Maybe you guys need to read some comic books. I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>93842063
>They've all had their "hey bob-boblet-bobby my dude u r a homo lmao" moments.
What the fuck are you even trying to say? Maybe learn english next time you make a post
>>
>>93841810
>>
Making Gotham "more like today" would only highlight how corrupt, fucked up and bloated democrat lead major cities are.

So yeah, Bruce Wayne, industrialist, being a bad guy where right now city people hates rich people, makes sense. Having the counter point being the Joker is just retarded, though.
>>
File: damiangettingswole.jpg (70KB, 544x350px) Image search: [Google]
damiangettingswole.jpg
70KB, 544x350px
>>93842283
I don't know why you read comic books when you can't read 4chan posts.
>>
>>93841466
For some reason I don't like seeing Joker in pain.
>>
>>93842474
t.Batman
>>
>>93835738
Wouldn't he still be a villain then? Is this whole comic a subtle rip at the progressives?
>>
>>93837481
>Chemical compound to make women submissive

Are they trying to steal some dick enlargement machine?
>>
>>93841810
Green arrow is THE champagne socialist
>>
File: RCO020_1468950833.jpg (491KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO020_1468950833.jpg
491KB, 1041x1600px
>>93842498
Yes, Bruce, we know.
>>
>>93840473
>cops have no rights and should let themselves get shot
So if you're a cop you suddenly stop having rights? Interesting.
>>
I really like the concept however i'm not sure how I feel about Harley being into the mix. Considering the abuse and backstory it feels weird that after everything and both finally getting the help they need they still think they should be together.
>>
File: White Knight.jpg (51KB, 678x651px) Image search: [Google]
White Knight.jpg
51KB, 678x651px
>>93838588
Screencapped for truth.
>>
>>93835669
>White Knight
>Joker becomes SJW
Is this going to be tongue in cheek?
>>
File: Going Sane.jpg (127KB, 497x800px) Image search: [Google]
Going Sane.jpg
127KB, 497x800px
>>93835669
This has been done better once before
I think Going Sane is a better joker story than Killing Joke, I have the trade paperback so I may storytime it soon
>>
>>93842322
I agree, that's a problem that >>93841810 has, too
>>
File: laughing bats.jpg (26KB, 351x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughing bats.jpg
26KB, 351x400px
>>93841810
>nu52 fags bitching that characters are reverting to the way they were before for fourty years before their clusterfuck of a reboot
>>
File: justkillme.jpg (126KB, 801x539px) Image search: [Google]
justkillme.jpg
126KB, 801x539px
>>93843843
>I only read the first sentence of a post and then reply.
>>
>>93844169
But that anon is claiming Green Arrow went that way after nu52 which is false, it was always like that. He still won't list the other 7 books that do it.
>>
>>93844247
Alright, I'll give you a hint. Sixth sentence. Read it a few times. Admit you're stupid. Then we can move on and you can do better another day.
>>
>>93836580
>Gosh, I wonder. How could Superman be the bad guy of Injustice?

A shitty yet so bad it's good plot?
>>
>>93844284
>There have been at least 15 books since Rebirth that went full BOBBY UR GAY LOL.
Nah, I'm fine.
>>
>>93836997
>If you start applying real-world logic to the stuff Bruce does at the street-level in Gotham, he's a terrible person. The guy wastes possibly millions of dollars to develop advanced technologies to facilitate cruising around a city and punching people for breaking the law, rather than tackling the actual issues which cause that crime.

Except he spends just as much if not more in tackling said issue. Name one time where Bruce Banner was not donating shit to poor people in his career.
>>
File: 403429e866d04d7eb294c67bfb4909bc.jpg (362KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
403429e866d04d7eb294c67bfb4909bc.jpg
362KB, 900x1366px
I'll probably pick it up for the Murphy art. Hopefully the story is just as good.
>>
File: takeyourhurtfeelings.png (725KB, 978x683px) Image search: [Google]
takeyourhurtfeelings.png
725KB, 978x683px
>>93844336
What is it with you people and not being able to admit how fucking stupid you just are and move on? When I was 15 I was a fucking moron just like you.
>>
>>93840145
Not all people who think the rich/poo gap or treatment of working class is a problem agree with the other SJW stuff, very much the opposite in some cases. Not judging just observing. Some are full out natsoc Nazis even.
>>
>>93844399
But most of those you listed didn't go full bobby ur gay.
>>
>>93844414
Haha oops rich/poor but what a time to drop an r to talk about Poo Nazis.
>>
>>93844342
I would imagine the Hulk is too poor to have any money to donate to charity
>>
>>93843542
Just the license to freely shoot people.
>>
>>93838642
This was because writers weren't given enough issues to run with. One-shot Elseworlds are going to be boring, you need the room of Red Son to really get into something unless you're doing yet another vampire/Lovecraft thing.

Also they were giving too much leash to "wacky" stuff like British Superman.
>>
>>93836744
Every single inch was worth it
>>
>>93835669
Ask your mum
>>
File: Bat-Man_True_Brit_001.jpg (208KB, 656x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Bat-Man_True_Brit_001.jpg
208KB, 656x1024px
>>93844494
>British Superman.
>>
>>93844399
>When I was 15 I was a fucking moron just like you.

So you're 16 and still a moron?
>>
>>93844399
Dude you got rekt. The original point was that DC would do something similar to Marvel, like making an already established straight character gay for literally no reason with no indication that his previous incarnations were like that. As an example, Green Arrow was used because he happened to use the phrase "Social Justice Warrior," which wasn't even used in the Internet tumblr style he's making it out to be. The obvious problem with this analogy is that it DIDN'T come out of nowhere and it was already established that GA was that kind of guy, which he would have known if he read comics.

The weird justification of "well he may have been written like that before but it doesn't count!" was jarring and made no sense. If he's written that way then, why would they change it? Especially in Rebirth when characters are going back to their roots (supposedly).
>>
This story would be perfect for Two-Face, but of course we need more Jokerwank.
>>
>>93835669
Fug, that classy Harley is doing things to my dick
>>
>>93844471
I know if some guy was rushing me and reaching for my gun I'd shoot him. Why are cops not given that right? Unless they're all Superman clones and have huge durability as well as other powers, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to defend themselves.
>>
>>93837472
It's GUARANTEED that sjws will hate that comic. Their main objective is always finding something problematic, if it isn't a villain being a spokesperson for social justice, it's some other insignificant shit. Furthermore, author is a white male, he's gonna have to mentally castrate himself in order to get recognition from that crowd.
>>
>>93842474
This pleases me for some reason.
Can I have the sauce to this please?
>>
>>93844414
Wait, are you telling me I can't put people into large, easy-to-label boxes that completely ignore the specifics of their positions and arguments so that I don't have to engage with ideas that might make me uncomfortable?

That sounds like crazy talk, my friend. Why don't you just go back to your safe space so that I don't have to think about your position!
>>
>>93845801
back to /pol/
>>
>>93845833
So the sarcasm flew over your head, then?
>>
>>93835669
I'm not defending it. I'm withholding judgement till it's released. That being said, it's an Elseworlds and they have not got a good track record.
>>
>>93845721
lrn2readfilenames.
>>
>>93837038
Superman was portrayed by evil because he is a god. With rapid atheization of western civilization, humans tend to reject god-like figures and present them as evil. Justifiably so, they are in most cases unworthy of their power and overly capable, in other words, priviledged.
Batman is not a character. It is a personified belief that human can perfect himself into state of full atruism, that human is capable of being ultimately virtuous. Misrepresenting this belief is vile and abhorrent. Batman should stand on the side of righteousness and victory. Tales that picture him defeated are not serving their purpose.
>>
>>93837481
I can believe S.T.A.R.S. and such would work on both of those programs because
a) The most powerful earthling is a woman
b) There have been zoomorph criminals in the past that demonstrate certain level of competence and would make for great mercs
But /r9k/ are too pussified to do any of that shit so those guys are obvious money-driven criminals using false flagging made up politics to disguise their organized crime ties in case of capture.
It's genius, really.
>>
>>93837667
No, you don't get it. Meninism IS a joke. It was intended as a joke from the start. It's a parody that intents to show how insane is modern feminism by creating a version of it for men.
>>
>>93844660
so gay fag
>>
>>93841553
Marvel should have made a yuri universe instead of turning all their good characters into "minorities" and then wondered why people weren't buying their shit anymore.
>>
>>93845971
>Justifiably so, they are in most cases unworthy of their power
Why is it justifiable for a morally just figure such as Superman to be warped and twisted into a figure of corrupt power? Superman's character is meant to prove the opposite.

Batman arguably has more power, in the form of information. He often compromises civil liberties and privacy in order to attain this information, and has abused it in the past. A figure like Batman is perhaps the most dangerous of all.
>>
>>93843681
why not? was that the first time he was written like that?
>>
>Want to buy the book for the art
>See this thread

Wish everything wasn't so political. Everything has to parallel the real world? Everything has to be social commentary?

>tfw the best book you've read in years is an Elmer Fudd comic
>>
>>93846116
>Everything has to parallel the real world?
Everything has to be social commentary?
Welcome to the world of post-modernist neo-marxism.
>>
>>93837525
>Aquaman
Can't remember, has been a solid book so far and if it HAS had that moment it hasn't stood out
>Batwoman
The main character is and has always been a lesbian
>Cyborg
Same as Aquaman
>Deadman
Remember it being bad and having a tumblr buzz word in it but I mean it's not an ongoing title
>Detective Comics
Are you referring to Harper Row or Batwoman? Harper's a shit character but she's already bi or whatever, and Batwoman see above
>Green Arrow
Ollie is an SJW. That's his thing.
The last two are shit and I will give you a point for Superwoman but I don't remember it in Justice League.
>>
>>93845376
They already do. The concept of an Elseworld is foreign, except for when it comes to Bombshells because Harlivy is canon there.
>>
>>93835814
Slowclap.jpg
>>
I'm not buying this book only on the premise of the Joker being the hero. Fuck Joker overrated villain that needs to go back to not being an edgelord
>>
>>93846100
>Why is it justifiable for a morally just figure such as Superman to be warped and twisted into a figure of corrupt power? Superman's character is meant to prove the opposite.
Because the power has never been earned, it was given. Portrayal of Bat-God is retarded, but disregarding it and focusing on decades of development and intent behind a character, everything that Batman has at his disposal, whether it's physical ability or financial means has been earned. And yes, work of ancestors that has been done in order to leave their children wealthy, is work that has been done nonetheless. Superman was super the moment he was taken from his spaceship, Green Lantern became omnipotent the moment he was given an omni-tool etc. These are all gods, Batman is altruistic John Galt.
>Batman arguably has more power, in the form of information.
Bat-God should have never happened, beating god-like capabilities with information and/or financial resources is impossible. Even the ways to keep human-like gods in DC universe are incredibly stupid. Random cosmic metal that suddenly is easily obtainable whenever story needs it, color yellow, etc. Batman's power of information is another one. We need those things that suggest we have some control over gods, otherwise we would realize they are someone we should fear and hate way sooner.
>He often compromises civil liberties and privacy in order to attain this information, and has abused it in the past.
With what goal in mind? Most people don't like it but ends justify the means and lesser evil exists.
>>
>>93835669
>>93840145
>>93835738
>the only social issues in the world are BLM, the wage gap, and feminism

Jesus fucking Christ, has the "S" in SJW poisoned the word "social" so much that you fucks can't dissociated it from tumblr?

If Joker's going to be up against a villainous Batman, that means that Batman is going to be the center of the social issues that the Joker is fighting. I sincerely doubt that Batman's going to start spouting off sexist and racist bullshit for the Joker to stand on a soapbox and hug it out.

Get a fucking grip. Y'all are looking to be offended.
>>
>>93846415
Not gonna lie, negro-hunter, women oppresor Batman would be pretty dank, only to see how assblasted social media can get.
>>
>>93845853
It was ironic, but also two-fold as /pol/ also understands the sentiment.
>>
>>93841123
>He would be pro-BLM
>the movement who got started defending a thug who tried to bumrush a cop, got noteworthy again defending a woman who endangered her son because "the cops wanna kill us", and whose latest outrage is because of ANOTHER death of a criminal on the street
The only Batman story that would involve BLM would be Batman trying to figure out what purpose does BLM serve defending dangerous criminals.
>>
>>93845971
>. It is a personified belief that human can perfect himself into state of full atruism, that human is capable of being ultimately virtuous.
Batman is a paranoid recluse who is incapable of forming any meaningful attachment or making meaningful change because he's frozen in emotional development at the age he was when his parents died.

Dick Grayson is a better example of the Batwank you're spewing.
>>
>>93846407
>Having a billionare arbitrarily dish out violent punishments under no ones authority but his own, possessing power and information with no one to keep him in check, and then putting him on a pedestal no different than a god is ok because he's human
Hello Lex Luthor. Superman didn't get his powers until puberty. He's lost them countless times, and demonstrated that it's not the powers that make him super.
>but ends justify the means and lesser evil exists.
Literally Injustice Superman's reasoning you fucking retard. Enjoy the Batcock you bootlicking sheep.
>>
>>93835669
Sounds like a fun elseworld.
>>
>>93835920
And it's all part of a usual Joker plan to pretend to be cured and fuck over Batman right?
>>
>>93848136
That's what would happen if the story took place canonically. This is an Elseworld story, where things are allowed to happen differently.
>>
>>93846407
>Because the power has never been earned, it was given
As was Bruce's wealth, without which it would be impossible for him to be Batman
>And yes, work of ancestors that has been done in order to leave their children wealthy, is work that has been done nonetheless.
Now you're contradicting yourself. If gaining things left to you by your parents is the same as earning them yourself, then Clark too "earned" his powers since they were given due to his Kryptonian heritage from his parents.
>Superman was super the moment he was taken from his spaceship, Green Lantern became omnipotent the moment he was given an omni-tool etc.
Completely wrong. Supes didn't gain powers until puberty in most cases, and even then he had to practice to master them, no different than Bruce training his mind and muscles.
>These are all gods, Batman is altruistic John Galt.
Wrong, none of the others claim to be gods. Gods often pass down absolute moral laws in addition to their vast power. Only Batman and sometimes Supes tries to enforce his own flawed moral code onto others by way of threats like gods are want to do.
>We need those things that suggest we have some control over gods, otherwise we would realize they are someone we should fear and hate way sooner.
*tips fedora*
>With what goal in mind? Most people don't like it but ends justify the means and lesser evil exists.
Funny that you abhor gods but are so willing to give your freedom over to someone because...? He's stronger than you? Has more money? Is """better"""? Are those not reasons gods are supposed to receive worship? Moral superiority?

This was pretty pretentious even for a Batfag. Batman is a scared little boy trying to appease the ghosts of his dead mommy and daddy. His conviction is admirable but nothing about him demands obedience or superiority. He's arrogant, overconfident, paranoid, prone to becoming or creating the very evil he's afraid of in others, is a terrible father, and a very troubled man.
>>
>>93848074
Lex has different motivations in general. If he'd have same motivations he would be just a copy.
>Superman didn't get his powers until puberty.
If you want to take what I said literally. Thinking about it, child with god-like powers would be even scarier for us humans than fully developed adult. This is the same kind of forced neutering as Kryptonite.
>Literally Injustice Superman's reasoning you fucking retard.
Same reasoning applied to two vastly different characters don't give same stories as output. And I'm the retard here.
>>
>>93848299
>Clark too "earned" his powers since they were given due to his Kryptonian heritage from his parents.
Only if you consider fucking as work. Point is, everything Batman has in his disposal can be tracked back to effort made in the past. Can't be said about Superman.
>Gods often pass down absolute moral laws in addition to their vast power.
And sometimes they don't. How is this an argument? Don't let lack of omniscience shown by metahumans distract you from clear presence of omnipotence, which is god-only trait. Don't let retarded portrayal of Bat-God convince you that omniscience that he suddenly has is more powerful than omnipotence.
>Funny that you abhor gods but are so willing to give your freedom over to someone because...?
I don't abhor anything. I just argue that making them evil is very logical thing to do and there are reasons why these stories are being told over and over while meritocracy wanktale that is Batman should remain just that.
>Batman is a scared little boy trying to appease the ghosts of his dead mommy and daddy.
Implying it matters what kind of trauma he's trying to deal with or that trauma dealing aspect is important at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 244x359px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 244x359px
>>93846467
I would love to see this version get famous and have tons of fanart.
>>
>>93837481
But unlike Marvel, this was fucking funny and not preaching.
Thread posts: 292
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.