[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would each fare in the others film universe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 496
Thread images: 37

File: Spidey Trio.png (969KB, 1200x389px) Image search: [Google]
Spidey Trio.png
969KB, 1200x389px
How would each fare in the others film universe?
>>
>>93830749
Holland would literally break in Raimi's universe
>>
>>93830749
MCU wouldn't last a minute in either
>>
SM Peter woud be dead in he MCU. He'd have tried to do something during avengers and got his shit rocked
>>
>>93830749
SM Peter was easily the most resourceful of them, and probably about as strong as MCU Peter, but with additional experience and improvisational skills.

>>93830772
Tom pls
>>
>>93830767
He'd be destroyed.
The Goblin would straight up murder him.
>>
MCU Spidey would just flat-out get wrecked in Raimi's universe. The suffering is palpable, and Goblin was vicious. I think Webb and Raimi Spider-Man could swap universes and get on just fine. On the flip, both of them going into the MCU would be really interesting, given the sheer scope of it.
>>
Raimi Spider-Man could take a fucking beating that's all I know.
>>
>>93830904
lmao what, the vulture was significantly more dangerous than GG
>>
To me, Raimi's spiderman universe felt like the only one where there was clear and present danger literally everywhere, and every encounter Spiderman absolutely had to rely on superhuman reflexea to avoid getting utterly rekt. The fights felt like there was a very real danger of Spidey ending up in a casket because he reacted a microsecond too late
>>
>SM Peter goes to HC and finds that MJ is black, a cunt and underage and promptly taps that.
>>
Raimi's Spider-Man was literally an idiot. He didn't even create his own webslingers
>>
>>93830904
Yeah, when you think about is, Raimi's Goblin was fierce.
>Insta-vaporizing bombs
>Razor bombs
>Caught Spider-Man's punch with one hand
>Carried the weight of a trolley with dozens of children inside with one hand like it was nothing
>Took an unrestrained beating from a guy who stopped a subway train, and STILL stood back up
>>
>>93830749
SM's Peter in the MCU would be like "thanks, but no thanks" to Tony's bullshit, maybe getting mad after he founds out what shit he pulls off.
ASM's Peter would be the one to bully Pajeet's Flash.
SM's Peter in ASM universe would take one film and an half just to properly kiss Gwen.
>>
>>93831002
Did...did you really just "lmao" unironically?

>>93830749
Also, Raimi's Peter took a SHIT load of abuse. Like, JESUS. I doubt Tom or Garf could take on the Sandman. In fact, if Spider-Man 6 ever happened, Spidey would be routinely kicking super-villain ASS.
>>
>>93830749
Holland's spiderman as of right now would get destroyed in either of the other universes.

But give it time, he'll get there. He's got the strongest suit/webbing at the very least.
>>
>>93831049
Raimi's Gg was really pretty fucking terrifying
>>
>>93830749
I have not seen the second trilogy yet nor civil war but the first trilogy spidy would have had much less trouble in the bank. His spider sense was much stronger.
>>
>>93831074
To be fair, Raimi's spiderman had years of experience under his belt by the time 3 happened.

Of course Holland, whose only been at it for a few months, would get wrecked by sandman.
>>
>>93831096
BACK TO FORMULA
>>
>>93831074
Shit, even in the first movie he got thrown through a brick wall, then took an explosion to the face, then got punched and kicked to hell and back by a superpowered lunatic.
>>
>>93830749
>>93830749
Holland's would get corrupted by Osborn and watch the nba finals with him or Dr Strange in the best scenario. Tobey's would be nice addition to the avengers. Garfield just sleeps all day and eats lasagna
>>
I think Holland is the best peter and spidey easily. But that said, the first two Raimi films are still the best easily.

I hope MCU spidey's next stand alone has higher stakes. Its fitting for this movie and Spidey's growth, but Homecoming easily has the lowest stakes of all of the MCU movies thus far. Save maybe Ironman 2
>>
>>93831122
Well MCU spidey got crushed by a fuckin warehouse and was pretty fine after he lifted the roof off of himself.

But Raimi's spidey is definitely stronger right now, Tony pretty clearly said that any of the people at the airport fight could have laid spidey out of they really wanted to.
>>
>>93830749
I just wish we got Toby back. I'd love a retired Peter to be talked to by Stark, trying to bring this dad/husband back into the game.

I'd dead-up commision a recut of Civil War where that shit happens if I were rich and autistic enough.
>>
To me, SM spiderman felt like he had the strongest moral compass and his uncles death influenced him the most. Which, I think is a stronger factor than raw power or skills

He didn't feel like a shallow 2 dimensional kid
>>
>>93831074
>Did...did you really just "lmao" unironically?

OH NO HE ISN'T EXCLUSIVELY USING OUR SECRET CLUB LINGO!!!

Fuck off. Get real.
>>
>>93831188
Eh, Holland was worth having a new spidey.
>>
>>93831193
You just sound like a cringy faggot
>>
>>93831147
More superhero movies should have lower stakes
>>
>>93831188
I don't think it'd be the same anymore. Holland's going to be a good Spidey, provided the writers penning his stories actually let him get the growth most people expect and hope for.
>>
>>93831169
SM Peter caught a whole side of a warehouse too. Something I appreciated about Raimi's movies was that he would give visual hints now and again on just how much physical potential Peter has. I'm not big on the MCU, but I dig that they're going that "he has a lot of potential" route too.
>>
>>93831219
Yeah, I'm okay with lower stakes here and there.

And I'm not saying that Spiderman should be like saving the entirety of New York or beyond, but something more dangerous like Raimi's green goblin or dr ock would be cool.

Vulture was kinda small time, Tony even said he was below the avengers' pay grade.

Not that I'm saying it was a bad thing, considering the general tone of the movie being about Peter being new to the whole heroing thing, a smaller time villain was perfect.
>>
>>93830749
I think the rampant racism, sexism, and homophobia of the Raimiverse would simply be too much for ASM Peter and MCU Peter.

Raimi Peter in the MCU would build a shrine to the Red Skull, join Hydra, and be the villain in the next Cap movie.
>>
>>93831219
I agree, but want to add that having higher personal stakes would help these a lot of these movies. Spectacle only does so much, making people care about the characters and their journey definitely doesn't require all the fireworks.
>>
>>93831266
Dude

What?
>>
>>93831237
The writers suck though. The movie was embarassing. People left the audience in my theater. A lot of them. No laughter, just groans.
>>
>>93830749
>Tobey
He gets Electro, Lizard, Vulture, and Shocker to accidentally kill themselves and or reform
>Andrew
The movie ends right as he's about to fight a villain
>Tom
He stops being a hero because there's no Tony-senpai to notice him.
>>
>>93831286
It was a different time.
>>
>>93831102
Raimi's Spider-Man was only active for a few months and he beat Goblin. Holland wouldn't stand a chance
>>
>>93831266
Nice maymay bro
>>
>>93831169
>Any of the people at the airport could have laid Spidey out
Lol wat? The Winter Soldier and Falcon jobbed to Spidey in two mins. Really the only people who could've would be Cap (who did), The Vision (who was on Spideys side), Black Panther (again, same side), War Machine (same side yet again) and maybe, MAYBE, Ant-Man
>>
>>93830749

Tobey and Andy Spidey would have easily danced around Captain America at the airport but the main question would be which side would they be on?
>>
>>93831219
I liked the lower stakes in HC, you can tell Ironman or even Cap would destroy the vulture.
>>93831289
>People left the audience
Astral travel?
>>
>>93830772
But SM Peter was originally /supposed/ to be the MCU Spider-Man.
>>
>>93831336
Tobey's would probably remain neutral.

Andrew's would definitely side with Cap.
>>
>>93831313
I don't even know what you are talking about.

How was Raimi's spiderman racist or homophobic?

>>93831322
True the timeframe is about the same.

Basically the difference is Raimi's spiderman has better innate abilities, MCU's spiderman has better tech.

Once holland spiderman gets used to actually using his powers and all the different web modes, I'm sure he could take on Raimi spidey's villains.

He just has a longer path to get there.
>>93831332
They got out of the webbing. And they knew he was a kid, I'm sure they probably held back a bit.
>>
>>93831332
>and maybe, MAYBE, Ant-Man
Confirmed movie only fag. I'm a huge Spideyfan and even I'd admit Peter's fucked against anyone with Pymparticles
>>
>>93831289
I don't really believe you.

The people at my theater thought it was pretty great. A good amount of laughs.
>>
>>93831289
It's serviceable. I don't like a lot of the things they did with the movie to differentiate themselves from the others, but I do think there's potential. It did exactly what it needed to.
>>
>>93831074
What's with this pausing and spacing like you're doing a character bit? Jesus, 4chan NEEDS to be inaccessible to people who use Reddit. I don't know how they'll do it but it needs to happen
>>
>>93831360
No, he wasn't.

Garfield's was, though. They planned to include Stark Tower in ASM's NYC skyline and OsCorp Tower in THE AVENGERS' skyline and I believe those cranes were originally a reference to the city being rebuilt after the Chitauri invasion.
>>
>>93831237
I don't trust the MCU with Spider-Man. I wish I could, but I thought his scene in Civil War was awful.
>Hey guys, do you totally remember that really old movie about wars in the stars?!
>Woah you have a metal arm, even though my mentor (the great and big dicked Tony Stark) has a robot suit?! That is so neato toleto!
>>
>>93831336
Tobey and Andrew Spideys weren't nearly as retarded and impressionable as Tom's Spidey. Tobey was a bit of a lone ranger who didn't seek out help with the police. Definitely Cap side. Andrew, after all the shit he found out about with his parents in ASM2 and their government involvement, would pick Cap.
>>
>>93831404
I had heard they wanted to do a crossover with Raimi's spiderman and the xmen back when but weren't able to get the rights.
>>
>>93831404
Nope.

>http://www.mtv.com/news/2430213/spider-man-meets-the-hulk-the-cross-over-that-almost-was-but-wasnt/

Raimi Spider-Man was originally intended to be the first MCU movie retrospectively, but Sony said no.
>>
>>93831040
>Webslingers instead of webshooters
>"idiot"
>>
>>93831406
But the star wars line was supposed to be awkward, everyone else was like "is this kid for real?"

Honestly I think they got a winner here. They could fuck it up, but I think he fits both peter parker and spiderman pretty well, while Tobey and Andrew generally only got one side of the equation right.
>>
>>93831367
>Once holland spiderman gets used to actually using his powers and all the different web modes, I'm sure he could take on Raimi spidey's villains.
Both Garfield and Holland would be fucked against Ock considering they have shooters instead of organic. The train scene would be really hard. Holland's reaction time does seem slower, could be because he's younger, so that may give him a disadvantage against Goblin. Tobey only made it out because he dodged the glider. Holland didn't notice the wings coming from the other room or the roof about to collapse. Now that I think about it Tobey may be the strongest movie Spider-Man

>>93831404
Oh god I forgot about the crane scene. That was so dumb
>>
>>93831439
And Tomas Jane Punisher.

If Feige got his way Spider-Man, X-Men, Punisher, Daredevil, and the MCU would all take place in the same universe. Nothing said about Ghost Rider and Blade, but I'd assume those too.
>>
>>93831463
>But the star wars line was supposed to be awkward, everyone else was like "is this kid for real?"

There is a massive difference between "awkward" and "groan inducing dialogue." It was extremely forced, and honestly just saying "Mr. Stark, you ever see Empire Strikes Back?" would've felt a lot more like Spider-Man.
>>
>>93831374
Oh please what's Ant-Man going to do, jump up and punch him whilst small? Spidey can tank hits from the Rhino. Shrink him? Congrats, you just made him deadlier. Ant-Mans powers aren't really suited for direct combat, his strengths lie more in stealth and sabotage. Unless we're talking an insta-kill by indefinite shrinking, there's no way Ant-Man takes Spidey.
>>
File: 1384122110.gif (2MB, 364x291px)
1384122110.gif
2MB, 364x291px
>>93831476
I'd love for a universe featuring the late 90s early 2000s cape movies

>tfw no Defenders movie featuring Jane's Punisher, Tobey's Spidey, and Nic Cage's Ghost Rider
>>
>>93831473
Well considering the yacht scene was kind of a shout out to raimi's train scene, but spidey didn't succeed, I'd say yeah Raimi's spiderman is easily the strongest naturally.

I don't think thats inherently a bad thing, gives Holland's spidey room to grow.

And yeah once he actually gets competent with all the tools he has, he could easily beat Tobey's spidey on a technical level if not a physical one. He definitely has more options with his web shooters than Tobey's spidey had.
>>
>>93831473
He noticed the wings coming at him.

He just didn't realize that the Vulture was trying to destroy the supports, not really hit him.
>>
>>93831514
>We wont get to see Nick Cage meet William Dafoe in hell.

WORSE TIMELINE!
>>
Raimi Green Goblin was honestly one of the most dangerous villains in a comic book movie. He had it all, gadgets, super strength, and he was really sadistic too. Gobby lifting up that loaded train car with one arm shows he could splatter captain america with one punch and those bombs he had could turn people to ash instantly.

>OUT AM I
>>
>>93831402
>implying I use reddit
Y'know, there're other ways to call me out on my degeneracy. Making a false statement ain't one of them. If you didn't say that, I might've been offended rather than annoyed.
>>
>>93831473
>Both Garfield and Holland would be fucked against Ock considering they have shooters instead of organic.
Comics Spiderman has shooters instead of Organic and he's beaten Ock so badly he got brain damage.
>>
>>93831578
Comic Spider-Man is actually smart unlike those two. In fact, comic Spider-Man would wipe the floor with Raimi Ock.
>>
>>93831214
Everyone on /co/ sounds like a cringy faggot
>>
>>93831451
It would've just been a gag. There were no serious plans for crossovers with Tobey's Spider-Man, whereas with Andrew's the possibility was entertained.

>>93831439
Also not true. But Hugh Jackman was going to make a gag cameo as Wolverine during that "what does the city think of Spidey" montage.
>>
>>93831578

Exactly. Doc Ock isn't hard to put down, you just have to punch him in the face once basically. He's just a normal human.
>>
>>93831572
Nigger
>>
>>93831522
That's true about the web but shooters but him at a disadvantage. Karen would give him an advantage but I wonder how quick he would respond to her commands/how quick she can give them out. I don't really remember much from TASM. I would love to see a Death Battle style brawl featuring the three Spider-Men.

>>93831547
I must have misremembered. His agility/reflexes did seem off though. Like when he got clocked by Shocker at the door.
>>
>>93831402
>"Hey! You're posting like how I do on Reddit"
Outed, reddit-man
>>
>>93831193
honestly I have more of a problem with people using ellipses in written speech over dated jargon like lmao
>>
>>93831578
Comic Peter is much smarter than any of his movie counterparts. Raimi's Ock was smart too (maybe smarter than comic Ock) but didn't look past "muh wife" and "muh sun machine". I mean the dude was able to rebuild it while insane
>>
>>93831627
>Implying they wouldn't try to capitalize on the fact that mother fucking Tobey Maguire Spider-Man takes place in their films.

They definitely would have brought him back up again down the line.
>>
>>93831289
>people left the audience
I love this /tv/ meme!!!
>>
>>93831476

Recently rewatched Punisher.

It's absolute shit.
>>
>>93831636
Yeah, he definitely got jumped a lot for someone with spider senses

Though its implied he's not fully in control of them. Apparently the telescoping eyes the stark suit had was to help him focus his spider sense. Thats why his amateur suit had goggles on it instead of just open eyes.

So yeah, its possible he is just overwhelmed by his spider sense so he can't properly use it. That combined with being panicked about the Vulture's plan and he gets blindsided.

Thats how I see it anyway.
>>
>>93831670
Sony was already planning a reboot by then.
>>
>>93831561
>Cage Rider meets Spider-McGuire
>"THE GOBLIN'S KNOCKING AT THE DOOR"

Throw Blade in there and this would be the GOAT cape movie
>>
>>93831700
But would Blade be willing to open his eyes?
>>
>>93830749

Raimi Spidey could survive in any universe, he's the most competent of the 3.

TASM Spidey could barely handle his own universe. He's literally stupid. Oh and Mary Jane would be dead

Homecoming Spidey....is very very uncapable of lasting in either of these universes. But give him some credit, he's only 15 and he did take on Vulture in a homemade suit. By the time he reaches college like the other 2 Peters he'll be very powerful and pretty damn good at what he does. He just needs more training.
>>
File: 1483222211122.jpg (30KB, 650x400px)
1483222211122.jpg
30KB, 650x400px
On the subject, the actors that almost played Spider-Man throughout the three franchises.

Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN.

>Jake Gyllenhall, James Franco, Freddie Prinze Jr., Scott Speedsman and Jay Rodan.

Marc Webb's THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN

>Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Daniel Radcliffe, Robert Pattinson, Logan Lerman, Anton Yelchin, Alden Ehrenreich, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Zac Efron, Jim Sturgess, Xavier Samuel, Liam Aiken, Drake Bell, Michael Angarano, Dane DeHaan and and Josh Hutcherson.

Marvel Studios's SPIDER-MAN

>Asa Butterfield, Charlie Rowe, Judah Lewis, Matthew Lintz, Charlie Plummer, Timothée Chalamet and Liam James
>>
>>93831654
You type like a complete faggot
>>
>>93831691

Sony had a Spidey-Shattered Dimensions movie in mind too.

They didn't know what the fuck they were doing if we're being honest.
>>
>>93831687
>Apparently the telescoping eyes the stark suit had was to help him focus his spider sense

That didn't make sense to me in Civil War. I always assumed Spider Sense was like a chill up his spine or maybe like that feeling you get when you're about to fall. Does he have elf eyes or something?
>>
>>93831712
He can't even show up because he didn't pay his taxes. He filmed his scenes from prison
>>
>>93831743
shrug
>>
>>93831717
>Asa Butterfield
jesus, he would be terrible for spiderman. Is way too stiff to be a light-hearted superhero
>>
Are you IN or OUT?
>>
>>93831509
Pym particles are on the same level of bullshit as speed force
>>
>>93831735
I'm not sure I believe anyone is a COMPLETE faggot
>>
>>93831700
>Release me and we'll show you vengeance like you've never seen.
>*Cage begins to pace back and forth, pounding his head over and over* No no no.
>RELEASE ME!
>NOOOOO HO HO HO! *Eye proceed to bug out of Cage's sockets as he screams at the sky*
>*Camera pans over to Snipes, who just sees Cage screaming at thin air* "Some Rider's are always trying to ride up hill without a cycle".
>>
>>93831266
I also have the notion Raimi's Spidey would clash with a lot of people in the MCU. He's too angsty and self-centered and not in a "just a kid" way.
>>
>>93831713
>TASM Spidey could barely handle his own universe. He's literally stupid

wut

>Got the little boy trapped in the car to wear his mask and protect him from the fumes.

>Figured out that Connors was the Lizard and was hiding out in the sewers.

>Set up a web tripwire system to track the Lizard's movements through the sewers.

>Used liquid nitrogen to slow down the Lizard.

>Was doing a pretty great job defusing tensions with Max and the cops and accounting for all surfaces Max could have accidentally electrified

>Used water against Electro and came up with the plan to use his webs a conduit to overcharge him.

Andrew's Peter is pretty damn resourceful.
>>
>>93831811
He got my faggot message!
>>
>>93831825
Its definitely a different tone than the MCU. Much more introspective for better or worse.
>>
>>93831074
>Did...did you

kys my man
>>
File: 1483223381341.jpg (35KB, 650x365px)
1483223381341.jpg
35KB, 650x365px
Villains

Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN

Green Goblin
>Nicolas Cage, John Malkovich and Robert De Niro

Doctor Octopus
>Vincent D'Onofrio, Chris Cooper and Robert de Niro

Vulture
>Ben Kingsley and John Malkovich

Black Cat
>Anne Hathaway

Lizard
>Dylan James

Mysterio
>Bruce Campbell

Marc Webb's THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN

The Lizard
>Michael Fassbender

Electro
>Damian Lewis

Green Goblin (Harry)
>Alden Ehrenreich, Brady Corbet, Eddie Redmayne, Sam Claflin, Douglas Booth and Boyd Holbrook

Jon Watts' SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

The Vulture
>Michael Shannon
>>
File: Spidey Sense.gif (4MB, 480x270px)
Spidey Sense.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>93831687

He's definitely not great at reacting to them in time yet. He reacted pretty well in Civil War, but remember, he is 15. He's not learning as fast as Tobey's or Andrew's Spidey learned.
>>
>>93831811
I don't know about that, but you sure are trying to prove yourself wrong. Faggot. Now fuck off to /r/thecuck, or wherever the hell you came from
>>
>>93831888
>vulture, Black cat, lizard, mysterio

What?

Also those alternate choices for GG and DO would all be pretty good choices.
>>93831895
Well Toby's spidey was pretty OP, so they aren't exactly comparable.

But yeah, I'm not saying Holland's spidey is doomed to be useless. He is just a kid.

Also holy shit fuck captcha. Took like 20 fucking attempts.
>>
>>93831391
See, I understand that, really -- but couldn't they make it both serviceable AND respectful? Did we really need faux Mary Jane? I get having to differentiate yourself from what's already established before, but the reason people wanted Spider-Man with the MCU is so we could have a faithful Spidey with the heroes we know. Instead, we get a film that's trying way too hard, reeks of Marvel's current problems, obnoxious misrepresentations of characters, and so on...

Christ, when a show like Spectacular Spider-Man has more heart then what is essentially a kid's movie, you know something's up. Homecoming was a sham, and I feel like a lot of people are afraid to admit it. Does no one else think that everyone seems just a little TOO forgiving this time? I swear, I never believed in shills, but with how many people that type like this were reddit, praising this movie as "the best one yet!", I get worried.

And you know what sucks? No one is gonna take this post seriously. No one. People are just going to call me paranoid, or say that I'm over-thinking it, or that I am a DC shill...

No one wanted to make a great Spider-Man movie; money was, is, and always has been the greatest concern when it comes to those with Spider-Man in their hands. They're given a goose that shits out gold, but if they really, really cared, we'd have an egg made of diamond. Does anyone get me? That these movies have no passion, but would make total bank if they did? I mean, you can't go wrong, what's there to lose if you make what's guaranteed to be good cash to be "gooder"?

The closest thing we'll EVER have to a film being respectfl to the tone and nature of a character and representing them beautifully in a modern sense is Spider-Man and it's Sequel. Hell, the third one didn't even bother me that much. It was bad, but if released now, it could have been much more accepted, I believe.

Okay. I'm going on too long. You all probably think I'm autistic. Oy.
>>
>>93831926
That was a GotG reference you tryhard.
>>
MARVEL KNIGHTS

>Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire), Daredevil (Ben Affleck), Punisher (Thomas Jane), Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), Ghost Rider (Nicolas Cage) and Blade (Wesley Snipes) joins forces when the Kingpin (Michael Clarke Duncan) is released from prison and attempts to rebuild his criminal empire, recruiting Sabretooth (Tyler Mane) as his enforcer in form an alliance with the vampire coven of NYC led by Michael Morbius (Keannu Reeves).

Would've been kino. Imagine the bantz.
>>
>>93831953
>We get a film that's trying way too hard, reeks of Marvel's current problems, obnoxious misrepresentations of characters, and so on...

Explain. How does a film "try too hard"? What are Marvel's current problems? Obnoxious misrepresentations of characters, well thats the entire MCU. Especially Tony Stark.
>>
>>93831939
Raimi got pretty close to doing a "Spider-Man 4" featuring Vulture and Black Cat as the main villains and Mysterio and Lizard in cameos.
>>
>>93831986
To be fair, MCU basically saved Tony Stark.

He was pretty damn boring before MCU. You could argue that some writers have still made poor choices with him now, but RDJ's interpretation didn't become basically canon for no reason.

And keep in mind that happened before MCU turned into the juggernaut it is now.
>>
>>93831958
Jesus Christ now he's making references. I wish I knew where you lived IRL so I could put your face through glass. You stupid, vapid limpdicked shitchugging faggot. Kill yourself as soon as possible
>>
>>93830749
I would love a Spider-verse film with all of them
>Holland is the MC
>Maguire is the seasoned older Spider-Man who's faced countless enemies since 3
>Garfield gave up on being Spider-Man when his Gwen died
>>
>>93831973
Would there still be a Bruce Campbell cameo? I feel like every movie involved Tobey should have one.
>>
>>93831895
Raimi Spiderman was pretty cool in that there were alot more slow-mo scenes. It's really clear in them that's he's totally aware of his surroundings.

https://youtu.be/eTAWw_J-EPY?t=109
>>
>>93831028
SM Peter would tap anything that moves given the chance. HC just has the jungle fever.
>>
>>93831997
Why so many characters?

3's largest problem was it took 3 separate villains who could hold a movie in their own right and crammed them into a single story.

The worst part was they took Harry Osborn who had been built up by the previous two movies, and made him a secondary villain. It completely through out all the development they had given him over the previous two movies.

The first two spiderman movies were great because they built a proper relationship between Peter and the villain of the movie. And had Harry been the primary villain of 3, that could have continued.

But instead he got pushed to the back in favor of Sandman out of nowhere and the Venom symbiote.
>>
>>93831997
>read the proposed script
>it ends with Spider-Man getting a divorce and his kid moving to California
>>
Raimi Spiderman would fit well with the avengers.
>>
>>93832099
I don't think Raimi Spidey is motivated enough to ever do anything outside of New York.
>>
>>93831374
Literally spider sense and superhuman strenght/durability.
>>
>>93832098
Too close to home.
>>
>>93832099
Eh, I dunno. I think he's a bit too introspective and mopey.

I'm not gonna make judgements on which is better or worse, but I think he'd clash in a bad way personality wise with the MCU avengers.

>>93832098
Wait, seriously?
>>
>>93832081
Yeah, it was pretty underwhelming towards the end of the movie. Venom-Spdey kicking the shit out of Sandman in the sewers was great though.

I guess I sort of understand in that they probably didn't just want to have another Green Goblin be the villain again, which is what Harry would have basically been as the main villain.
>>
>>93830749
Strength: Raimi>Webb>MCU
Intelligence: Webb>MCU>Raimi
Speed and agility: Webb>Raimi>MCU
Healing/durability: Raimi>Webb>MCU
>>
>>93832018
>They defeat Kraven
>Holland: I want to take him to jail for his crimes.
>Maguire: I want to kill that monster for what he's done.
>Garfield: I want to kill myself.
>>
>>93832159
Ok, then they should have at least just picked either Sandman or Venom.
Either one would have been enough. Both PLUS Harry was just waay too many villains.

That plus the subplots with Peter and MJ's relationship and the symbiote's effect on Peter and the movie was just a giant clusterfuck
>>
>>93832081
3 would have been perfect if they removed Sandman
>Harry terrorizes Spider-Man throughout the movie
>The symbiot causes peter to go to far in their final clash
>then venom becomes the main villain as peter is still feeling guilty about what he did to harry
>>
>>93832135
I'm not sure mopey is the right word. He still makes quips and shit, he's just more reserved. Which sounds odd for Spider-Man I know, but the current trend with MCU movies with the constant fucking quipping annoys the hell out of me. Ultron in particular was especially awful as far as that goes, I couldn't take it seriously because they made a joke or something every 5 fucking seconds.
>>
>>93832202
Exactly.

2 villains would have been just fine, and Harry was basically guaranteed a spot.

But 3 was just too many.
>>
>"Nice outfit, did your faggot buttlover make it for you?"
Holland's Spidey would never say such a thing.
>>
>>93830749
Holland die within five minutes of meeting the Goblin. Garield would do reasonably well in the Raimiverse, but not as good as Tobey. Both Tobey and Andrew stop the Vulture easilly in the MCU.
>>
>>93832225
Well AoU has kinda been the nadir of the MCU's quip sensibilities.

I think they realized they went a bit too far with it. None of the movies since have been quite as bad.

I guess we will see how the next one goes before we can say final judgement on that.
>>
>>93832202
I actually sort of liked Sandman, it was Venom I wasn't a fan of. I don't think Spidey really needed Venom to go all Revenge Mode on him.
>>
>>93832202
I think 3 would have been fine if they just removed Eddie Brock. Let Venom clamp down on Harry. Problem solved.
>>
File: cry.jpg (13KB, 600x438px)
cry.jpg
13KB, 600x438px
Are any of us in agreement that pic related was by far the worst Spider-man (or at the very least, Peter Parker) yet?

Not even in the sense that he's simply "not muh Spidey", there's just something immensely irritating about the way Andrew looks, talks, and carries himself that makes me want to bust his stupid faggot face up with a brick. He's like a personification of low quality normie faggotry.
>>
>>93832192
Isn't Raimi Spidey being really smart a whole thing during Spiderman 2 though? It's the reason he gets involved with Ock and shit. And he seemed alot more clever with his webs then the other two.
>>
>>93832302
I like Garfield's acting (he was great in Silence) and hes a pretty chill guy

But yeah, he wasn't the best spiderman for sure.
>>
>>93832302
Nah, I like him. He looks sorta goofy, but I think he's got the right feel for Spidey.
>>
>>93831953
I get you, my dude. In an attempt to make it feel fresh, they dropped a lot of things very important to what makes Spidey, Spidey.

I thought it was a good 80s esque coming of age story, but in a lot of ways it did a disservice to Spider-Man and his world.
>>
>>93832324
He's fairly smart, but he didn't create webshooters or solve the decay rate algorithm.
>>
>>93832302
IMO, Andrew was by far the best Spider-Man. obey was a wussy whiner and Holland is a hyperactive fanboy with a high voice.
>>
>>93832324
Yeah, but to be fair we never really see him apply his smarts to anything major, iirc. With Garfield, we see him go through the whole process of building the webshooters
>>
>>93832324
Raimi's spidey is smart in theory, but we see his academic intelligence more with the other two spideys who actually made their web shooters instead of just having natural web shooting sacs.
>>
>>93832302
his hair was my biggest complaint. its a douchey style meant to make you more attention-grabbing and I just can't see Peter sporting it
>>
>>93832439
He also stabilized the lizard formula when even Connors couldn't.
>>
File: 18lseqbw9m7ibjpg.jpg (99KB, 800x1100px)
18lseqbw9m7ibjpg.jpg
99KB, 800x1100px
>>93832470
He looked a lot better when is hair wasn't spiked up.
>>
>>93830749

I think Raimi's Spiderman would do more than just fine in Spiderman Homecoming.
>>
File: andrewemma.jpg (88KB, 500x750px)
andrewemma.jpg
88KB, 500x750px
>>93832548
>>
>>93832255
Whedon just has a terrible sense of humor.
>>
>>93832566
Raimi's spiderman is easily the most OP of the 3.

The best spideysense, effectively endless webbing, pretty fuckin strong.
>>
>>93832018
Only if Supaidaman is in.
>>
>>93832571
>>
>>93832566
>>93832627
Raimi Spidey was just stupid durable too. Like the guy should probably be bulletproof. The guy took one of Goblin's grenades in the fucking face. He got hit by a fucking bus and basically ignored it.
>>
>>93831997

I feel like Tobey's Spidey would have destroyed Vulture easy
>>
>>93832470
Humberto Ramos' Peter has his hair in a similar style from time to time, not sure if that was because of or predates garfield though
>>
>>93831402
4chan would be a ghost town, given most posters are cross posters.
>>
>Tobey with Holland's suit
How fucked are the Sinister Six?
>>
>>93832202

True, which is a shame because Sandman still has the best scene in the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZZEtolFzFI
>>
File: fucking train.webm (737KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
fucking train.webm
737KB, 720x480px
Look at this shit.
>>
>>93832255
Minus Guardians and Ant-Man but those are basically comedies.
>>
>>93832719
Meh, the symbiote was already a better suit. He's in kill mode all the time.
>>
>>93832749

The Raimi Spiderman Villains were such assholes when it came to fights.

I loved it, but they were fucking insane murderous assholes. No wonder they killed themselves.
>>
>>93832548
>>93832571
>>93832649
I kinda feel bad for Andrew. He's a good actor and clearly loved the role, he just got stuck in a terrible, terrible franchise. Thankfully it didn't destroy his career,
>>
>>93832439
>>93832483
>Garfield
>smart
Yeah that is why he didn't know how batteries work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrw7YN6c9Pg
>DUDE YOUTUBE
>>
>>93832018
>I would love a Spider-verse film with all of them

And you know they'll find a way to cram the frog as Spider-Gwen and some black kid as Miles.
Now get me Tommy Wiseau as Morlun and Mary Winstead as Jessica Drew and i'll be a happy man.
>>
>>93832803
>literally weak to sound
Symbiote a shit.
The suit probably has some kind of sound dampener included.
>>
>>93831973
>Tyler Mane
>Not Liev Schwhateveryouspellit

He was literally the only good thing about origins
>>
>Holland/Garfield has to fight Venom and Sandman
What is going to happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkWejVBsMPA
>>
>>93833018
Even Toby couldn't really beat Sandman. The guy's basically invincible. Maybe if you burned him into glass, but I don't see how they could pull that off.
>>
File: Ant-Man and Spider-Man.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man and Spider-Man.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>tobey vs Captain America
I honestly cant say.
>>
>>93833048
Or turn him into mudman with some water.
>>
idk but seeing Garfield's spaz fast Spidey fight the Vulture or Raimi Harry would be fun as fuck.
>>
>>93833084
All that does is wash him away though, it doesn't really hurt him. Maybe, I dunno, mud him up then try and scoop him up into a bucket and seal it up or something? It sounds hard.
>>
>>93831953
In a lot of ways, Homecoming could have been a story about any other teen hero without losing anything. The characters were all so different from how we expect them. I think that might've been the point, but it doesn't change anything, I feel you, man. However, this is what we got. Spider-Man 1 and 2 felt more honest, and I don't think they're comparable but, man, they really do. I enjoyed Homecoming because, hey, you need to go into these expecting them to be different, but for all it got right, it intentionally got much more wrong.
>>
>>93833076
Cap gets fucking wrecked? He can't take Garfield or Toby. Shit, he probably can't take Holland if he doesn't fight like an idiot.
>>
File: Spider of murded.gif (63KB, 474x225px)
Spider of murded.gif
63KB, 474x225px
>>93833084
Tobey did it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9QXxMywy7s
>>
>>93833048
I'm sure Holland has a web shoot that can incapacitate sandman and for Venom you just need to play YouTube really high.

So it all comes down to how fast they can figure that out.
>>
>>93833114
It hinders his ability to move though.
>>
>>93831565
>>>/OUT/ AM I?
>>
>>93833076
Tobey.

Only the heavyweights could really fuck up SM Spidey.
>>
>>93833146
I dont remember him getting wrecked, he drops a trailer on Spider-Man and then the fight ends. I would say he won by outsmarting spidey
>>
>>93833150
LOL at the end of the clip.
>>
>>93833076
Tobey. Look at this shit >>93832749
Tobey's incredibly durable
>>
>>93833218
uh huh, tell that to his final "fight" with Green Goblin. Who would of won that battle too.
>>
>>93833179
Iron Man literally says to him Cap would've destroyed him if he had wanted.
>>
>>93833076
Tobey would tank it but would not win, Cap's more experienced in h2h
>>
>>93833244
You mean the fight where Tobey takes a grenade to the face that sends him flying through a brick wall, and is totally fine?
>>
>>93833252
yea, I think we're in agreement.

>>93833269
how is he totally fine? Right after that he starts losing with simple punches to the face and only wins when Gobey gets cockey.
>>
File: Peter.gif (2MB, 635x270px)
Peter.gif
2MB, 635x270px
>>93833188
Holland will never be this cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4
>>
>>93832227
The problem was that Raimi really wanted to do Sandman, but the studio was pushing for Venom. Raimi could have focused on Venom to do him better, but he'd be taking the risk that he wouldn't get another movie to do Sandman.
>>
>>93833252
>Cap
>stronger than fucking Spider-man
>>
File: Black Panther Strikes.webm (2MB, 1264x692px) Image search: [Google]
Black Panther Strikes.webm
2MB, 1264x692px
I would like to see Amazing Spider-Man in the MCU, not because those movies aren't shit but because of how incredibly agile and skilled he was in fights. When he fights the Lizard in the high school, and Green Goblin in the clocktower, he's running circles around them. I can imagine him taking on all of the Avengers utilizing his webs, till Thor kicks his ass.
>>
>>93833244
Goblin is the strongest cape movie villain
>carries a trolly full of kids no problem
>catches one of Spider-Man's punches
>not to mentions all of his gadgets

>>93833295
Right after Peter catches a second wind and wrecks Goblin's shit
>>
>>93833337
MCU Cap and MCU Spider-Man mind you. And don't forget Spider-Man is inexperienced as fuck.
>>
>>93833295
Goblin can hurt him because Goblin is strong as shit, this isn't hard. He catches a punch from Spidey earlier in the movie. Harry is able to wrestle with him as well when he becomes the New Goblin.
>>
>>93833337
He's more skilled
>>
>>93833376
More like MCU Spider-man is weak
>>
>>93833370
His official name is "new goblin" jesus I hate Spider-Man 3 so much. If Raimi's such a comic dork why didn't he do hobgoblin
>>
So is this a fair ranking:

>Agility
Andrew > Tobey > Tom

>Strength
Tobey > Andrew > Tom

>Speed
Andrew >= Tobey > Tom

>Reflexes
Tobey > Andrew > Tom

>Durability
Tobey > Andrew > Tom
>>
>>93833416
I know this is a stupid reference since Civil War (the comic) is stupid but Captain America fights Iron Spider and kicks his ass because he's more skilled. Same happens in the movie.
>>
>>93833256
Cap is not skilled enough to overcome the massive difference in stats between him and Tobey Spiderman. And shit, Tobey isn't exactly bad at fighting.
>>
>>93833363
>Goblin is the strongest street level* cape movie villain
Learn your place, earthfags.
>>
>>93833445
>Same happens in the movie.
Yeah, Tony gets his shit kicked in until he literally uses an A.I. to do the fighting for him.
>>
>>93833463
>implying Ego was a villain
>>
>>93833444
Do intelliegnce.
>>
>>93833444
In the boat scene when shit got serious, Tom was VERY agile. Tobey's agile parts still come off as kinda slow, the technology just wasn't there I think.
>>
>>93833463
I'm not sure Ego could have done much outside of his planet.
>>
>>93833492
The Raimi movie used alot of slow-motion though (probably Matrix influence).
>>
>>93833444
Holland is definitely faster and more agile than Tobey I'd say.

Though reflex wise he's definitely at the bottom.
>>
File: 1495595135111.jpg (35KB, 354x405px)
1495595135111.jpg
35KB, 354x405px
>>93833481
They nerved Tony to the ground in the movie and the comic is a big pile of shit.
>>
>>93833501
His portrayal as a Celestial was strange, a Celestial should be able to do whatever the fuck but im guessing he purposefully gave himself that physical form.
>>
>>93833501
>I'm not sure Ego could have done much outside of his planet
>blew an army of sovereign fleet
>able to put tumors into people
>>
>>93833537
Well... fuck nevermind then
>>
>>93833530
>a Celestial should be able to do whatever the fuck
That's your problem.

You're thinking of comics' Celestials instead of the, possibly, downgraded as hell version of the movies.
>>
>>93833481
That fight was great, that part specifically showed his desperation
>>
>>93833530
I always assumed that either the other Celestials kicked his ass since his plan was a little too much even for the Celestials. Could explain why he remembers starting off as just a brain and why the Celestials seem to be very scarce in the MCU. Ego just killed a bunch of them before they took him down.
>>
>>93833570
Not enough info yet, just going off the comic accurate looking Celestial we saw from the first GotG. The problem, if you can even call it that, is they made Ego a Celestial in the first place. But I guess that was to give him a human form so its ok.
>>
>>93833490
How could I forget the Int stat. That's actually kinda hard because we don't see much in the movies, but:

Tobey = Tom > Andrew

>Charm (Bitches Love Spider-Man)
Tom > Tobey > Andrew

>Spider-Butt
Andrew > Power Gap > The rest

>>93833492
>>93833520
Raimi's movies did use a lot of slo mo. My mind went to the scene in the building where Goblin throws the blades at him, if that was played in real time he'd be incredibly quick. Also when he caught up to Ock on the train.
>>
>>93833571
Tony was great in that movie period. I never really liked him that much before, but Civil War Tony was pretty good.
>"He killed my mom"
>>
>>93833593
Thats interesting, I like how they specifically pointed out knowhere was a floating celestial head. We cant imagine what happened to them.

>>93833607
im not saying tobey is slow by any means, but just look at his web swinging compared to ASM. He takes long swooping swings, doesn't mix it up for fun as much.
>>
>>93833607
I'd say Tobey is actually on the low end.

We see both Tom and Andrew actually created their web shooters and web substance. Tobey never needed to apply his intelligence to his superhero craft.
>>
>>93833607
>Tom
>Intelligent at all.

Dudes' a moron who had Stark do all his shit. Andrew was smarter than him with the stuff in ASM2
>>
>>93833607
>Tobey = Tom > Andrew
Come on. Andrew was clearly the smartest. Making webshooters, solving the decate rate algorithm, and curing the Lizard.
>>
>>93833607
Andrew is definitely the smartest one, though I think Tobey might be the smartest one in combat.

Also Tobey actually ended the trilogy with a stable relationship and Andrew at least had one for awhile, i'm not sure why Tom rates at all.
>>
>>93833631
my favorite part of the fight was how the writers were probably thinking "wouldnt iron man just use this this and this" so we see him using established weapons, like the red lazer that can only shoot once, and theyre slowly stripped as his suit gets demolished.
>>
File: Naruto-Pain.jpg (30KB, 720x408px)
Naruto-Pain.jpg
30KB, 720x408px
>>93833571
>Avengers
>Tony can fight Thor just fine
>Avengers 2
>Tony can fight Hulk just fine
>civil war
>somehow Cap is stronger and faster than Tony
MCUfags defend this
>>
>>93833650
Tom created the web shooters and the synthetic web while as like a freshman in highschool.

Thats pretty fuckin smart.
>>
>>93833597
It seems we're getting more info about the ancient celestials in Thor: Ragnarok, but I still abide the Celestials in the MCU won't be nearly as powerful going by experience.
>>
>>93833650
Mistah Stahk Mistah Stahk this is so cool Mistah Stahk
>>
>>93833650
Andrew stole the web shooter from oscorp, he just experimented with it. We see Tom making web fluid in class secretly, and the movie was about him being stipped to nothing and proving himself.
>>
>>93833669
>and theyre slowly stripped as his suit gets demolished
Bad writing
>>
>>93833657
>>93833607
Yeah, as far as Int goes I'd say
Andrew>Tom>Tobey

Thats not to say Tobey was dumb by any means
>>
>>93833637
I think he was the best at using his webs as weapons though. Shooting web punches, shit the time he threw a fucking clock hand at Ock with web was awesome. And he used webs to drag himself behind shit alot, like cars and trains.
>>
>>93833607
>Tobey = Tom > Andrew

Andrew was by far the smartest. Alot of his opponents required him to outsmart them, and he even had to find a way to get a cure for the Lizard, build his own webshooters, etc.
>>
>>93833607
>Tobey and Tom smarter than Andrew
Calling bullshit right there. Only thing Tom did was build webshooters and Tobey didn't even do that.
>>
>>93833703
>>93833657
Guess its a matter of what type of intelligence.

Tobey was more practical on the fly intelligence while Andrew was more academic intelligence.

And I guess Tom was somewhere between the two.
>>
>>93831367
>How was Raimi's spiderman racist or homophobic?
"Did your husband make that for you?"
>>
>>93833637
That was mainly due to limits in special effects. A lot of the effects in the first movies were practical. I remember watching the special features and them marveling over Goblin's ability to just fly

>>93833645
IIRC Garfield just bought the pieces from OsCorp and kinda modified it. Tobey was able to keep up with and understand Ock's experiment.

>>93833650
The kid is a retard when it comes to common sense but he was smart enough to make web fluid and his own shooters
>>
>>93833735
Reminder a "clean" version of Raimi Spider-Man was released.

We truly live in the worst timeline.
>>
>>93833670
if you go back and watch it he's trying to use the weapons we know him for like the mini missile, but his priorities between bucky and Steve keep making him miss or get surprise attacked. It was well portrayed. But yes he could of just flown up in the air and missile striked both of them, if that makes you happy and you really think it would of made the movie better. But im assuming he didnt want to just slaughter his friend and thats what would of happened if he took that route.

>>93833693
I know you are but what am I
>>
>>93833703
Tom was superior with using his webs creatively. He almost never punches anyone, except for Vulture at the very end. All his attacks were creative and web based, it was fun to watch. Not shitting on my man tobey tho.
>>
>>93833742
He was admittingly in college at that point.
>>93833744
Yeah, fuck parents who want to show their young kids the older rather violent spiderman movies.

Its not like you don't have to buy the regular uncensored version to access the censored one or anything.
>>
>>93832192
At first glance I thought it was wrong, but looking at feats and stuff, this is pretty accurate.
>>
>>93833637
>>93833703
>>93833727
>>93833658
>>93833657
If we're counting webshooters as a base for intelligence Tobey's at a disadvantage considering the organic web
>>
>>93833717
The exact same can be said for Tom but it was done better. He stole the webshooters from Oscorp by the way.
>>
>>93833789
Tobey probably had an advantage since his webs are natural. He seemed to be able to instantly create complicated web patterns (the ones he used to catch people for instance), while the other Spideys can't make them as fast. It's probably not a matter of intelligence and more just because it's a part of his body.
>>
>>93833775
It's still doctoral level work Ock spent his life on.
>>
>>93833775
Can't tell if legitimately retarded or just joking, but the original SM trilogy isn't even that violent.
Today's society just takes offense by everything.
>>
>>93833810
It's more like Tobey comes off as a mere genius college student, while the other two (especially Andrew) come off as weird child prodigies you only really see in comics.
>>
>>93833810
True

>>93833744
Honestly that was done the best way it could. You still gotta buy the regular edition. Its just for people who want to let their young kids watch the old spiderman movies.

>>93833822
They were pretty hard pg13. The first one at least had people getting thrown to their deaths, throttled, vaporized, impaled, etc.
>>
>>93833753
I don't care about his weapons. Tony has/had super strength. Literally one punch should be enough to take down movie Cap. Also, the armor can tank missils and shit. Civil war was fucking stupid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTqa-NEwUbs
>>
>>93833840
True. Honestly I have a hard time remembering TASM and TASM2 so I can't speak much on Garfield's intelligence

>>93833848
>The first one at least had people getting thrown to their deaths, throttled, vaporized, impaled, etc.
You know the Indiana Jones movies are PG right?
>>
>>93833848
It's still obvious Hollywood fiction, even toddlers realize that. No one gets traumatized by that.

It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>93833871
Cap is a pretty stronk super soldier. He can probably take getting punched by a robot suit.

If it had been like the hulk buster, that would be one thing, but just the standard suit, Cap could take.
>>
>>93833871
So is the Civil War comic. You cant have a story about Iron Man vs Captain America and not have it be consistent. You dont see film reviewers hapring on about how inconsistent Wolverine's healing abilities are. This kind of thing is inherent to capeshit, does it actually bother you or does pointing it out just make you feel clever?
>>
>>93833901
Temple of Doom is literally the reason they created the pg13 rating.
If they had been rated after that, they'd have been pg13. Temple of Doom would have at least.
>>
>>93833909
Not to mention he can jump from a several story high building no problem and tear of a car door (a 40s car door made of real metal)
>>
>>93833670
>Tony can fight Thor just fine
He gets hit with electricity, which just goes around him because metal makes a Faraday cage.

>Tony can fight Hulk just fine
In Hulkbuster Armor specifically designed for fighting the Hulk

>somehow Cap is stronger and faster than Tony
Not stronger, he just keeps punching to keep Tony mentally disoriented and unable to use any of his gadgets until Tony gets the AI to do something for him.
>>
>>93833908
Kids have always gotten scared at the movies, thats hardly some new thing.

Anyway, heres the magical thing.
The censored version isn't being targeted at you. You don't have to watch it if you don't want to. Nobody is going to force you and the regular version will always be available.

I mean, what's wrong with having options?
>>
>>93833871
So is Cap.
And I can assure you a hit from a vibranium shield by someone with super strength is gonna fucking hurt armor or not.
>>
>>93833925
But even Last Crusade is PG. Temple of Doom had shit like child slavery, child abuse, and torture. The Raimi movies are on the level of Raiders
>>
off topic, but can anyone help me find the Amazing Spiderman issues where he was dating Michel? I dont remember if it was Slott or not, I remember it being a fun arc.
>>
>>93831717
following the trend, which one of them is going to be playing harry?
>>
>>93833981
Last Crusade was easily the least violent of the 3.
I do think Raiders would get a pg13 rating if rated now, if for no other reason than the face melting scene.
>>
>>93834004
Indy burned a room full of people alive in Last Crusade. He also crushed a man with a tank, killed three people with one bullet, and a guy aged to dust.
>>
>>93833978
So are Cap and Stark on good terms during Homecoming? Happy mentioned they were moving a prototype shield for Cap

Though honestly, why were they making a new shield for cap anyway? The old one seemed plenty fine.

Unless things are cool enough between them that stark is willing to supply Cap but not cool enough for him to give Cap the original shield or something.
>>
>>93830749
>Raimi World
Garfield would annoy the shit out of everyone, get his ass kicked until the very end of the movie when someone else finishes off the boss. Secret reveals: More bosses and spin-offs. Gobby and Kid Gobby would have been the first movie. Venom in number 2. Sandman and Electro in 3 as some Ice/Fire play-off like Heatwave and Capt Cold. All turns out shitty and Garfield cries only somewhat less than Maguire.

Holland would have his homemade Scarlet Spider costume. Better constant talker. Not ready to take on a Raimi style Gobby and co. He would get is ass beat a lot early on, almost die, still make jokes. Lets all the villains live to fight again another day.

>Webb's Amazing World
Tobey jokes less, stalks by far less, is somewhat charming for Gwen to interact with, somehow lose his power and girl halfway through the movie, only to get it back at the end with a hard fight and killing off each bad guy.

Holland would be kinda dorky unlike uberskater Andrew. Charming. Weirded out by Harry. Not so good at trying to hook up with Gwen. It'd be ok. He'd make it through and he'd never have to look up science classes on fucking youtube.

>M C U
Tobey would skip school day day, fight crime downtown rather than sticking to Queens. Demand to be an Avenger by the end rather than being offered. Oh, and Vulture dies.. Shocker dies.. everyone dies

Garfield would be a bigger douche than Flash. He wouldn't be at the magnet school or making friends.. he would be trying to fuck Liz Allen 24/7 so that whole Toomes at the door surprise wouldn't happen. Also, all the villains die again
>>
>>93833973
>The censored version isn't being targeted at you
Which brings us to a new gamma of problems.
It's about the current trend of society where everything is too offensive or politically incorrect and needs to be fixed that I find fucking stupid. This "clean" version is just pandering to the political correctness crowd.
>>
>>93834046
I think they're on good terms but he's not on the team because he's a fugitive. That detail seems like an oversight in the continuity more than anything. Like Thor's magic belt, that wasn't technically ever mentioned in the movies but a fun detail.
>>
>>93834088
I can almost guarantee you the censored version isn't about being politically correct.

Its about being less intense and violent.

Because it IS a pretty intense movie for a PG13 movie, as much as you choose to deny it.

And the censored version is probably like for kids 10 years or younger.
>>
>>93834070
I thoroughly enjoyed how he tried to save Vulture at the end.
>>
>>93834046
>Though honestly, why were they making a new shield for cap anyway? The old one seemed plenty fine.

Because Tony likes to tinker. He's probably working on the holo shield for Cap (which Coulson has a version of) and the Thor belt was suggested to be the electronic belt/hammer thing that Ult Tony builds for Thor to mimic the Hammer
>>
>>93834124
>>93834088
And really, I'm more interested in the other films getting clean versions.
Im not really sure who a clean version of Step Brothers or Elysium is for.
>>
>>93834124
Except "Too violent foh muh kids" is political correctness. You can also bet your ass they removed the "did your husband made it for you" quip too.
And like I said before, all the violence in the Raimi movies is cartoonesque as fuck. And no, it's not a "pretty intense" movie, just your standard action hero movie you enjoy with your family.
>>
>>93834183
Honestly I don't really get why you think theres some sort of PC conspiracy.

The executives who make these decisions probably couldn't give a rat's ass about being PC.

This is just a business move. They try to tone down certain movies to sell them to kids. That's really all it is.
>>
>>93832749
>Gets hit by a fucking train
>Still comes back
Jesus fuck
>>
>>93834208
First of all stop with the redditspacing.
Second it's not a conspirancy, you moron. You said it yourself in your last line.
It's a business scam to appeal to the current "everything has to be politically correct" stupidity we're living in. I already pointed that out two posts ago.
>>
>>93834088
you're letting your personal biases show. quit projecting your autistic hateboner onto a movie for children
>>
>>93834276
>quit projecting your autistic hateboner onto a movie for children
Nuh-huh this movie is too offensive to shown to children.
>>
>>93834258
>Redditspaceing
I've literally never heard that before. And you are overthinking this.

Whatever, no point arguing more about it. Neither of us is gonna change our minds here.
>>
>>93834305
>I've literally never heard that before
Of course, you need more than 3 hours in the site to know that stuff.
>>
God, I miss TASM
>>
>>93834388
Whatever m8, keep sperging
>>
>>93834403
Don't forget to upvote, newfriend.
>>
I'm 90% sure that if the Disney decides to do a spider-verse movie Toby and Garfield will appear as cameos.
>>
File: 1430093645775.png (712KB, 940x821px)
1430093645775.png
712KB, 940x821px
>>93834594
>>
>>93834594
>implying they'll get to do one
Spider-Man is out of the MCU after the sequel ;^).
>>
>>93834656
Sony Pictures will be out of business by then.
>>
>>93831261
Examples of these visual hints in Raimi films? Never catched them, and I just watched the first one a few minutes ago, would be appreciated.
>>
>>93834751
We can only hope.
>>
>>93834088
>politically correct
You do realize ratings are given so that parents can make sure their little children to go see it, not to enforce a pc agenda right?
Stop talking out your ass
>>
>>93834183
Wow, u really arent getting the point huh
>>
>>93830967
Man, he got shredded every film.
>>
>>93834258
>being this angry
Instead of raging here why dont you spend your time downloading the uncensored version in all its two additional line and action scene glory and come back with proof about your points on it?
>>
>>93832202
I think it would've worked if Venom was out, and he was replaced by Toomes like Raimi wanted.

The idea, from what I read, was that Toomes would've been set up as Marko's prison buddy early in the movie, then eventually Toomes gets out, gets the Vulture gear, and convinces Marko to help him kill Spider-Man.

My biggest issue with Sandman, though, was "Uncle Ben's actual killer." THAT was some horseshit that should've never happened.
>>
>>93831665
kek, lel, and huehuehue are pretty shitty by now, but it's also still lame to use lol, rofl or lmao
So what the fuck, we need some new shit
>>
>>93834754
In the train scene he pulls a brick wall off a building.
>>
>>93832302
I hated how he acted like a little shit to everyone AFTER Uncle Ben died, and everybody just coddled the attitude. Peter at his most moody still feels regretful for what he does, or at least plays it up so he can keep his secret safe. Garfield's Peter was just an arrogant little dickhead throughout the movie, with 95% of the things he did being ok only because he's handsome. If Tobey said or did the shit he did everyone would've bitched.
>>
>>93835261
>not liking lel
huehuehue is either /int/ or /sp/. kek died with the frog cult.

Anyways, reaction images trumps them all.
>>
>>93835261
Lets take a moment of silence for "my sides"
Rip in peace
>>
>>93835286
>I hated how he acted like a little shit to everyone AFTER Uncle Ben died
Reminder Uncle Ben died because of chocolate milk.
>>
>>93835319
Blame the casuals.
>>
>>93835261
Time to make more
Suggestions?
Maybe we bring back "roflcoptor" xD!!1!
>>
>>93835311
Saying "lel" or "kek" is just saying "lmao" with a fedora on.
>>
>>93830767
It wouldn't even be the villains that do him in, but the poverty and sheer shittiness of Raimi's NYC
>>
>>93835321
That entire scene is the stupidest fucking thing humanly possible, and it baffles me that people defend it.
>>
>>93835359
lmao is legit a normie talk, and so is anyone who uses it unironically.
>>
>>93835286
It's probably more realistic. He was there for it and feels responsible. You bet he'd want to isolate himself and lash out.
>>
>>93831953
This is what gets me. We wanted a MCU Spiderman so we could get spidey. But Spidey isn't just Peter Parker, it's all the supporting cast. So why change everything in an attempt to be "fresh"?

I really wanted a true Mary Jane. Dundst was alright, but she never had the personality. And Stone didn't act like Gwen at all. And now that Marvel wants to be "fresh" we won't get the classic Spiderman stuff that we actually wanted.

I don't want a Spiderman adaption so I can get a white skinned version of Miles. I want classic Spiderman. How did Marvel not get this?
>>
>>93832081
It was originally meant as two movies, so that may explain it.
>>
>>93835263
That's it?
>>
>>93832302
It's his face, hair and voice for me.

I don't even know why. Everything about him irritates me.
>>
>>93832433
>Tobey was a wussy whiner
End this meme.
>>
>>93835622
Have you heard his voice?
>>
>>93833775
>Yeah, fuck parents who want to show their young kids the older rather violent spiderman movies.
No, fuck you. You are the reason kids are so fucking pampered and isolated.

I fucking loved violent movies as a kid, and I imagine I'm not the only one.
>>
>>93833132
Oh god you're right. If you change the name to 'Beetle Boy: Homecoming' nothing would change. Honestly this works better as a Jaime Reyes movie if you switch Stark to Booster.
>>
>>93835683
Compared to Garfield? Yeah.

>>93835590
No, just what I could think off of the top of my head.
>>
>>93835383
>It's probably more realistic.
Stop with this bullshit. No one cares, it's out of characters for Peter
>>
>>93831169
>Well MCU spidey got crushed by a fuckin warehouse and was pretty fine after he lifted the roof off of himself.

Not that guy, but that scene legit bothered me. I dunno, maybe the first movie in the old trilogy makes me bias, but when that happened, I was expecting:

1. A small river of blood to leak out from under the rubble showing that he is injured.
2. To add a bone cracking sound as he lifted the rubble.
3. For his suit to be covered with bloody cuts like in the green goblin fight. Maybe some of his mask torn to see his hair or something.

I thought that would make the scene that much more dark and serious. Instead, he just gives himself a pep talk, and lifts it up right after. It should have felt like he was killing his body to lift it up and survive, also while noticeably injured.
>>
>>93832192
>Intelligence: Webb>MCU>Raimi
I'm calling BUUUUULLLLL shit

Intelligence: MCU>Raimi>Webb

Webb Peter bought his web formula online and had it delivered to his apartment.
>>
>>93832273
OMG I totally agree, they should've had Harry be the new goblin then Peter fucks him up then the symbiote goes to him after Peter gives up the suit. Fucking perfect.
>>
>>93831404
>Kevin looks offended
>>
>>93831406
Spiderman isn't funny. He's annoying.
>>
>>93836139
He's supposed to be snarky and sarcastic. Not a weird hyperactive fanboy.
>>
>>93836139
Shill
>>
>>93830772
>SM Peter woud be dead in he MCU. He'd have tried to do something during avengers and got his shit rocked

If fucking Black Widow and Hawkeye can go unscathed during the Chitauri invasion, then Spidey very much could too. Chitauri are a joke.
>>
>>93837805
Tobey can beat 99% of the MCU villains.
>>
>>93833299
>I'd love to shoot you sometime
>>
>>93833744
I guess they removed Osborn's gas chamber, Uncle Ben's 5-minute rant about the white man's burden, and Jameson references to 9/11 conspiracies. I just hope they left Mr. Ditkovic's threats against Peter intact.
>>
File: IMG_3395.jpg (1MB, 1600x1203px)
IMG_3395.jpg
1MB, 1600x1203px
Raimi Spider-Man has seen some shit and been through alot so he has way more experience than either those two.

Webb and MCU Peter wouldn't survive in the Raimi universe, its the most realistic slums of NYC.
>>
>>93831192
>his uncles death influenced him the most.

Completely botched in TASM and running off assumptions in the MCU. That's why the MCU version can't be the best.

Did MCU Peter even get Uncle Ben killed? Maybe he caused some other bad shit. In Civil War, Peter says he got powers six months ago, but May is fine with getting hit on by other men,
>>
>>93833670
In both the Thor and Hulk fights Tony was losing the whole time. He was outmaneuvering them and getting shots in, but he wasn't doing any real damage. Meanwhile Thor and Hulk WERE doing real damage. Slowly but surely they both would've killed him had the fights been allowed to continue.

But yeah, Cap standing up to the Iron Man suit is bullshit.
>>
>>93832302

He had the best ass jiggle.
>>
>>93830749
Who would win in a fight?
>>
>>93838601

Tobey easily.
>organic web fluid so no problems with wrist shooters malfunctioning or getting damaged
>best spider sense allowing him to slow mode everything
>durable as fuck and can tank hits and still fight at max capacity
>ridiculously strong compared to the other two
>>
>>93831509
It's not represented most of the time, but regular force punches with the surface area of an ant's dick would be goddamn lethal. They'd be like bullets.
>>
>>93832053
How did nobody at this school work out he was Spider-Man from this entire sequence of events? They straight up see his web for chrissake
>>
>>93835375
>It wouldn't even be the villains that do him in, but the poverty and sheer shittiness of Raimi's NYC

mmhmmm delicious quaffing my spaghetti juice straight from my recently awarded normie mug
>>
>>93832749
Note that not only did he get hit by a train, but he got hit by a train going full speed while on a train going full speed in the opposite direction.

Dude got hit with the mass of a train with twice the velocity of what would already splatter a regular person.
>>
how would their first meeting go?
>>
>>93831192
>>93838128

On top of his uncle's death, Tobey has more motivation to comeback to. He hashis aunt, and the woman of his life, with a potential kid on the way. Andrew lost his love, so he's probably mad sloppy having lost the will to go on, and Tom just seems to be a kid trying his luck. Tobey just has way more to lose over the other 2, so he'd fight extra hard.
>>
>>93838031
Except Manhattan is super gentrified now. Theres a reason MCU Peter lives in Queens.

Raimi's new york was a big mishmash of old and new.
>>
>>93838128
Unless otherwise stated, we can assume MCU Peter has the same backstory as every fucking other version of spiderman.

His backstory is so engrained in culture that basically anyone who knows spiderman is a thing knows he accidentally caused his uncle's death.

I think it was an acceptable decision to skip the backstory since everyone fucking knows it already.
>>
Dafoe Gobbo vs. Keaton Vulture
Who takes it?
>>
>>93839347
Garfield and Maquire start making out while the new guy smirks and nods at you.
>>
>>93839841
Dafoe's GG was pretty fuckin stronk with all sorts of weapons. Keaton's vulture was just an ex military guy in a fancy jetpack.

I think Dafoe wins pretty easily.
>>
>>93831404
This, I remember when the two movies came out. Everything about ASM would have fit PERFECTLY within the MCU. I autistically pieced it all together too.
>>
File: IMG_3397.jpg (33KB, 487x302px)
IMG_3397.jpg
33KB, 487x302px
How would Webb and MCU Peter react to Uncle Ben's racist tirade before he died?
>>
>>93831060
>SM's Peter in ASM universe would take one film and an half just to properly kiss Gwen.

kek
>>
>>93831098
>His spider sense was much stronger.

Did we watch the same trilogy? Raimi Peter was always getting blindsided by his enemies.
>>
>>93841219
But there were more moments of us explicitly seeing his senses in action.

Like the fight with Flash in the first movie.

Or on a bigger scale, that scene in 2 where Dr. Ock throws a car at him while hes at that cafe with MJ, and he is able to grab her and jump over it.

We get more explicit spider sense moments in the Raimi films than the other two
>>
>>93831332
What do you mean maybe Antman? Isn't he FUCK YOU levels of broken?
>>
>>93831473
Tobey is the apex live action Spider-Man
he's kick the shit out of all the other ones
>>
>>93833018
What if Holland stays friends with Venom because because of how chipper he is?
>>
>>93831289
Everyone in my theatre loved it.
>>
>>93839347
Tom would just be extremely chill with it, and chop the encounter as average superhero bullshit.
>>
>>93839841
Goblin. That dude was fucking nuts. So were his gadgets and strength. Gobby gets those wings off in a minute flat.
>>
>>93841219
He still has the best showing for Spider Sense. Raimi-Man was only ever blindsided when multiple things were going on at once or when he was out of it, which is fair and pretty accurate.
>>
>>93841391
Movie Antman still seems to be learning the ropes.
>>
>>93837875
A competent guy with a rifle can beat 80% of MCU villains.
>>
>>93839841
Gobbo's glider has guns. Vulture dies.
>>
Raimi's has spider sense so he would probably fare pretty well.
>>
>>93830749
Each movie seemed to capture a little bit of Spider-Man

>Raimi's movies got the whole moralistic motivation, showed he was super strong and durable, displayed his home life sucking and he was always a loser no matter what he did
>Webb's movies had Peter as the really smart and inventive type, was incredibly agile and could dance around almost any villain, was a fucking smartass to everyone he fought when he had the mask on
>MCU Spider-Man is the down to earth, normal guy superhero, he does not fight star gods or aliens, he fights other normal people from ordinary lives in local neighborhoods. He is not taken seriously by the superhero community at all and tries to balance the superhero/normal guy mix.
>>
>>93842949
Vulture has a fucking alien gun though.
>>
>>93843405
Tom Holland's Peter was the best because he's the perfect mix of nerdy and awkward but not too nerdy or awkward. Toby was more awkward than nerdy.
>>
>>93837875
I see him doing well until he gets to Abomination and most GotG villains.

Everyone else, yea he has that.
>>
File: 0d83351be.jpg (87KB, 494x750px)
0d83351be.jpg
87KB, 494x750px
>>93838031
it's almost like the 60's era of Marvel where Dr Octopus was one of the most powerful villains around

Raimi Oc would be a beast in MCU
>>
>>93843484
The way I see it, Toby was the best Peter but a fucking strange and awkward Spider-Man. He would not make any jokes that did not some off as weirdly forced and odd.

Garfield was the best Spider-Man, he got the smartass act down perfectly. But he never really came off as much of a Peter. Especially since he was a skater wannabe punk the whole time.

Holland got a decent balance between the two but is not quite the perfect Peter or Spiderman.
>>
>>93842912
This is why I never got how Whiplash was a reasonable threat. Stand 30 yards away and own a gun, and he is not a threat any longer. He does not even wear a shirt.
>>
From what I gather in this thread, basically, all criticisms of Homecoming branch off of /pol/ memes and the fact they didn't do the origin story for the third time.

Like seriously, everywhere else people are saying it felt refreshing to jump straight into a new universe without having to go back and show everyone the same origin story we've seen a thousand times.
>>
>>93831674
Thomas is a pretty good Punisher though. At least, before he really goes insane. During his first crusade he fucking nailed it.
Hell, he can be pretty intimidating as we saw in Dirty Laundry.
>>
>>93831565
I remembered him being goofy as fuck but after recently rewatching the movie I realized what a scary fucker he was. Hell, I think he could be a villain MCU Stark would need an entire movie to beat.
>>
>>93831002
>the vulture was significantly more dangerous than GG
And Spiderman failed to defeat him in direct combat. Actually, Vulture defeated Spiderman and let him live for some reason (probably because he was no up for a cold blooded murder of a 15 YO kid)
>>
Why is MCU Spiderman such a qt patootie? CUTE!
>>
>>93833076

>Tobey in the Symbiote suit v cap

Oh lawdy.
>>
>>93843543

Raimi Ock was the best written antagonist a Marvel movie. Molina was the perfect cast.
>>
>>93831219

Agreed, world ending plots should be the big crossovers only.
>>
>>93831188
Huh, the Bob Chipman idea.
>>
Whatever happened to that myterious recut of 3 that popped up briefly a bit back?
>>
>>93831289
>things that never happened: the post
>>
>>93844021

Jane and Stevenson were both excellent Punishers. We were blessed.

Berenthal hasn't botched it yet but I'm going easy on him because so far he's only done his "origin" arc. We'll see if he calms his hyperactive ass down for the Netflix series.
>>
Does MCU Spider-Man even have spider sense? He gets hit by surprise, shot in the face, sucker punched, and knocked out constantly without his ever having any clue it is coming.
>>
>>93831286
/tv/ meme.
>>
>>93833670

MCU Cap passed the "peak human" line years ago, he's a god damn superhuman. No shame in losing to that.
>>
>>93846049

http://collider.com/spider-man-homecoming-spidey-sense-explained/
>>
>>93846272
>http://collider.com/spider-man-homecoming-spidey-sense-explained/
>“The idea was, again, just you want to make this movie be less about things you’ve already seen before, and you’ve definitely already seen a spider sense sequence done extremely well in Marc [Webb]’s and [Sam] Raimi’s movies.”

so they dropped it for no other reason than to be different
>>
File: 1 kek.jpg (80KB, 750x318px)
1 kek.jpg
80KB, 750x318px
>>93832196
>>
>>93835713
I mostly stuck to the Internet when I wanted to watch something violent, although Spider-Man was one of my favorite movies growing up.
>>
>>93831040

But... That's wrong.
>>
>>93846311
Pretty much. Spider-Sense is one of his signature powers after all, it's like not having him use web or something.
>>
>>93833299
I don't give a FUCK what anyone says. I love this movie.
>>
>>93831853
>>93831825

Bob was fucking retarded that he thinks Raimi Spider-man can work in the MCU, narrative wise. The tone and feel for both universe's are so radically different that one would have to compromise for the other to gel well.

Both of course, that fatfuck self inserts so hard as Tobey's Peter he can't let go.
>>
>>93831404
>Garfield's was, though. They planned to include Stark Tower in ASM's NYC skyline and OsCorp Tower in THE AVENGERS' skyline and I believe those cranes were originally a reference to the city being rebuilt after the Chitauri invasion.
It was one-sided. Feige said he had no plans to add ASM to the MCU or Oscorp to the Avengers Skyline. It was Sony's marketing department which tried to make this a bigger deal than it really was to use the buzz for bigger ticket sales. It has been mis-reported and blown up bigger than the truth ever was
>>
>>93831074
Did you just use internet talk on..the INTERNET!?
Youre fuckin lame man
>>
>>93831332
>maybe Ant Man
>the guy who can shrink to the size of a grain of sand, climb into your ear and grow back to full size, exploding you, is a maybe

The only people in the MCU who could stop a bloodlusted Ant Man are Vision, and maybe Strange and Wanda, if they knew what to expect. If they're sleeping they're dead.
>>
>>93831219
I think we should be clear that when referring to stakes I don't mean "Vulture should be threatening to destroy all of New York city" I just mean that the plot should feel more immediately important. I never really felt like Peter was in danger or that the plot had any significant consequences until Peter meets Vulture out of costume in the third act. The third act of Homecoming was great. But before that the film felt way to slack and generally unimportant, especially when compared to the first two Raimi films.
>>
>>93839841
Definitely Goblin his gear and gadgets were on par with vultures stuff plus he was super strong and crazy from the injection
>>
File: IMG_1303.jpg (152KB, 1375x1182px)
IMG_1303.jpg
152KB, 1375x1182px
>>93841131
He made some good points Rami was way ahead of his time
>>
File: IMG_1296.jpg (326KB, 1536x1722px)
IMG_1296.jpg
326KB, 1536x1722px
>>93831266
>>
>>93839841
Gobbo infects Vulture's loved ones with chitauri AIDs
>>
>>93847878
>Gobbo infects Vulture's loved ones
This is the best answer.
>The HEART Osborn. First, we attack his heart!
>>
>>93848085
I miss Dafoe as Stormin' Norman.
>>
>>93848085
How well does Raimi's Goblin costume fare against other versions of the costume, whether it's in cartoons, movies or comics?
>>
File: 1458862529751.jpg (68KB, 425x542px)
1458862529751.jpg
68KB, 425x542px
>>93848297
It becomes really weird when you can see his mouth
>>
File: greengoblin4.jpg (33KB, 650x366px)
greengoblin4.jpg
33KB, 650x366px
>>93848297
He's pretty good. I think he can beat TAS Norman, but Spectacular Norman stomps him.
>>
>>93848297
This is better desu.
>>
>>93831049
>Yeah, when you think about is, Raimi's Goblin was fierce.
>>Insta-vaporizing bombs
>>Razor bombs
>>Caught Spider-Man's punch with one hand
>>Carried the weight of a trolley with dozens of children inside with one hand like it was nothing
>>Took an unrestrained beating from a guy who stopped a subway train, and STILL stood back up

With the exception of some of his tech being "re imagined", that's all literally just the Green Goblin in general

He's always as strong as Spider-Man, that's part of his super powers, he really wouldn't be the Green Goblin if he couldn't slug it out with Peter
>>
>>93848441
Just to be clear, this was regarding who would win in a fight, not the costumes. Costumes rank Spectacular>Ultimate Alliance 2>TAS>SMAHAF>81s>60s>Raimiverse>Ultimate Hulkgoblin
>>
>>93831262
>Vulture was kinda small time, Tony even said he was below the avengers' pay grade.

That's pretty much all regular Spider foes aside from the symbiotes, but that's how it's supposed to be. Spider-Man is about super street level stuff, not earth shattering stuff, that's for the F4 and Avengers to handle while Spider-Man just takes care of threats that pop up in NYC
>>
We know how Toby acted with the symbiote suit in 3 but how would Garfield and Holland deal with it?
>>
>>93831713
>TASM Spidey could barely handle his own universe. He's literally stupid.

Are you kidding me? Raimi's Pete didn't do a single bit of critical thinking in the movies, he wasn't a smart nerd he was a pathetic nerd, aka he's a "nerd" but only on account of how awkward and weepy he is, ASM Pete wasn't that form of "nerd" but he WAS shown to be really bright and inventive

Did Raimi Peter ever use his brain while fighting a foe? All he did was trade punches with them, with ASM Peter he had to use his brain when fighting two out of the three main villains he went up against, considering he was physically outclassed by Lizard and the sheer power of Electro, he needed cleverness and resourcefulness to defeat them, it didn't come down to who gets the last slug
>>
>>93848794
Garfield would probably go full villain.
Holland might just become a cockier bastard who believes himself to be invincible.
>>
>>93831096
OUT AM I?!?
>>
>>93848882
>Garfield would probably go full villain.
Garfield would probably kill himself
>>
>>93846406
Kids used to watch Rambo for fun. To say kids are somehow incapable of handling a violent movie is just laughable.
>>
>>93848994
I thought the Symbiote gave you a dose of testosterone and that's what made its users such psychotic assholes.
>>
>>93832838
>Thankfully it didn't destroy his career,
He got an Oscar(Or almost did i think) last year for his performance in a war movie
>>
>>93849118
>To say kids are somehow incapable of handling a violent movie is just laughable.
So we agree then?
Hell, I love telling my little cousins about real life murders and gruesome accidents. The little one seems to enjoy the stories a lot.
>>
>>93833299
This is an incredible comfy movie
>>93847055
Same
>>
>>93831002
You're a fucking shill. Vulture is nowhere near Goblin level. Either Goblin from Raimi or Amazing
>>
>>93849308
>Amazing "Goblin"
>dangerous
>>
>>93832192
>Intelligence: Webb>MCU>Raimi
>Andrew Garfunkle Parker had to look up batteries on YouTube
>>
>>93832302
I thought he was pretty good in the suit all things considered (given that I don't love the material he was given in the first place), but I HATE him as Peter. He seems douchey and way too "cool."
>>
>>93849445
He didn't lose to an inexperienced kid.
>>
File: infiniteHAs.jpg (442KB, 2000x1087px)
infiniteHAs.jpg
442KB, 2000x1087px
>>93847553
>>93847588
Christ Raimi-posting is one of the few /tv/ memes that still gets me every fucking time.
>>
>>93849870
Tobey was not a kid.
>>
File: 1493227496564.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px)
1493227496564.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>93849147
>I thought the Symbiote gave you a dose of testosterone and that's what made its users such psychotic assholes.

Not canon, not to the original stories anyway

They made that up in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon, and thus it's the version of the story many remember and how they treated it in the movie

So, I guess the scenario would all depend on which version of the symbiote we're talking here, but the original comic version didn't have the whole "it makes you a rageaholic" thing
>>
>>93831129
>Garfield just sleeps all day and eats lasagna.
Underrated post.
>>
>>93851629
Why'd peter get rid of the suit originally. then?
>>
>>93830749
>they bring back all the spider actors for infinity war ala spidy-verse
>>
>>93850940
I wasn't talking about Tobey.
>>
>>93852017
He found out the symbiote was controlling his body to fight crime while he was asleep and sperged out

How the fuck this works, I have no fucking clue, but that's what happened IIRC
>>
>>93852106
That sounds convenient as fuck.

I'm glad the 90's cartoon added the aggression in that case. At least it makes sense.
>>
File: 1475967810341.gif (1MB, 280x210px)
1475967810341.gif
1MB, 280x210px
>>93830749
The spider suit in Homecoming was so irritating. I was hoping that after Tony takes it away and he fights Vulture without it that he'd come to terms with making everything simple and using his own head.

The Karen AI shit did not need to happen. Plus it was inferior to ASM2's 10/10 design
>>
>>93852265
I still miss the raised webbing of Raimi.
>>
>>93852265
>>93852292
Both of these. I hate the random speed lines on his outfit. Why do people keep trying to reinvent the wheel? Spider-Man's costume is one of the few that's perfect
>>
>>93838650

Goddamn. We'll never get a spider verse film where tobey spidey saves garfield's and holland's asses by pushing everyone's shit in.
>>
>>93839347

Chinese takeout lunch while sitting on the side of a building while tobey gives out advice
>>
>>93853541
>tfw no rugged bearded Tobey to come in and school all the young kids
>>
>>93852801
>Why do people keep trying to reinvent the wheel?

Literally probably only to make it fit in with the rest of the MCUs "tacticool" lite designs , the MCU has a very specific look and it would be jarring to have a character with a completely different design style, I understand the motivation even if I agree with you, the suit looks too busy for Spider-Man

>>93852186
Well, it apparently would exhaust him or some shit I think, which is not as convenient

Also if I remember right Peter didn't even know it was alive at first, and that's really the kicker of why he freaked out on it

Which, typical Peter being a fucking asshole. If he took the time to learn about the creature and communicate with it like Eddie would, he could have had a new friend, instead he basically screamed EWWWWWWW ITS ALIIIIVIVE GET OFFA MEEEEEEE THATS GROSS
>>
>>93853923
If Pete's body was asleep and the symbiote was basically using him as a puppet then why would he be tired?

Man, I wish they had given it to Iron Fist like they originally planned. Iron Fist Venom would be rad as fuck.
>>
>>93843696
Skipping the origin story is good. Completely avoiding any direct reference to Uncle Ben and basically replacing him with Tony is not. The issues with these characters isn't really about race, that's just an easy joke. Flash Thompson's character is abridged, Ned is just Ganke, and Liz is a one-off character changed for a twist that could have probably been assigned to Michelle. Peter's savvy and intelligence is limited to creating web fluid and answering some questions for an academic decathlon because everything he does comes back to Tony. Even the suit that Peter's wearing comes back to Tony. Spider-Man's story is about more than just the guy in the suit. Homecoming reenacts a pretty iconic scene and, instead of a crying 15 year old Spidey thinking about Aunt May or Uncle Ben, he thinks about Tony with this immersion-breaking voiceover flashback. It's a good movie, it has a lot of issues. Not every criticism (even in this thread) is about race.
>>
>>93848831
>Raimi's Pete didn't do a single bit of critical thinking in the movies

You're forgetting that he came up with a way to stop a fucking train on the fly. A way that's actually pretty reasonable when considering real-world physics, too. Raimi's Peter was plenty smart.
>>
>>93831028
>35 year old looking, voice-cracking Tobey "Honkey" Maguire as "High Schooler" Peter Parker shuffles awkwardly in Zendaya's direction
>>
>>93854936
they did reference Ben, though. there was no name drop but Peter did mention May went through some tough times, and since Ben is absent and May is single its to be implied Ben died.

I don't see why it NEEDED to be mentioned unless you're that much of a Spidey purist. It didn't take away from the story at all. Is is a perfect Spidey movie? No. Is it better compared to the average Spidey movie? Yeah. Spidey 1 and 2 are the only good memorable ones IMO. Spidey 3 was garbage, TASM was mediocre, and TASM 2 was a mess. Compared to those, this was great.
>>
>>93854989
>You're forgetting that he came up with a way to stop a fucking train on the fly

Man, he did the single most obvious thing anybody would imagine Spider-Man doing to stop a train, the only thing that would be more obvious is if he just stood in front of it till it stopped
>>
>>93831332
>Cap
Captain America is supposed to be the peak of HUMAN potential. He's not supposed to be superhuman at all, despite the movies fucking that up. Spider-Man should destroy him every time, but for some reason Captain America has writer's immunity.
>>
>>93855036
Homecoming's smack-dab in the middle for me. I think it's good. I'm hopeful for the future. But you kind of need some things to be included before the character stops being the one you're adapting for film. Ben's one of those things. Homecoming tries hard to be something different from the others, and it's a bit alienating in a lot of respects to me because of that. Still a good movie.
>>
>>93855187
>>93855036

As was earlier said, Homecoming isn't a Spiderman movie. It could be literally any other teen superhero and you'd barely have to change the names and costume.
>>
>>93831473
Both Holland and Garfield Spider-Men move a lot faster than Maguire. Maguire does a lot of standing real tense and waiting for the slow motion spider-sense to kick in. That's not necessarily a bad strategy in a fight, but if the other two had more time to adapt to their powers, they'd web circles around Maguire.
>>
>>93831629
He was a normal human, then he was a normal human with cancer, then he was Spider-Man, then he was a shitty robot for a while, then he was a clone of a normal human and now he's a Ben Reilly.
>>
>>93855169
Lot's of Spidey's foes are normal average joes physically with fancy toys, and they manage to give him trouble

Cap has a pretty nice fancy toy, he's also presumably one of the top fighters/strategists in his universe

Against a completely green, little kid Spider-Man who's never done anything but bust muggers thus far? Yeah, Cap should win
>>
>>93831074
i'm LMAOing at ur life right now. why are you even here?
>>
>>93831743
In the comics it starts as a radiating feeling he gets in his back and neck that builds up to a screaming headache if it's too intense.

In the films it could be anything. Given that the MCU has a progressive narrative and he needs special lenses to focus it in action, it could be a metaphor for autism (4chan memes aside). Like all the sensory input he gets is so overwhelming that he needs to control the intake somehow.
>>
>>93831888
>Anne Hathaway Black Cat
my diiiiIIIIIICK
>>
This thread really makes me want to go back and watch every single spider man, but it'll take so long
>>
>>93855576
Tits too small. Bad catwoman.

Amanda seyfried is a better pick.
>>
>>93831953
>No one is gonna take this post seriously
correct you nostalgic fucking dolt. Nobody outside of antisocial geek dens like 4chan cares about the Spider-Man 1960s-90s status quo. That was a good few decades, but you know what? There have been almost two decades since any of that was a thing. Between Ultimate Spider-Man's success and the many reboots Spider-Man has been subject to in the last 20 years, the Spider-Man you want the MCU to be "respectful" or "faithful" to has not existed in the lifespan of most of the high school graduating class of 2017.
>>
>>93855598
Stream it with /co/ and time will flow faster.
>>
>>93832053
wow look at all the POC at Peter's school, MCU pushing their SJW agenda again
>>
>>93855684
While you're not wrong, having the wallets and support of the hardcore fans is always a plus

These corporations at the end of the day want to make money, they can make money without the love of hardcore nerds, but they'll always make more money with their love as well

It's in the little things too, most people even nerds are fairly reasonable to what they realistically want, the Transformers movies make bank but they'd make more if they tried harder to win the love of fans, does that mean remaking the G1 movie note for note like some autists might imply? No, not at all, but if it took more care to consider old fans they would make even more money and have someone to defend them, instead of inspiring more people to trash them
>>
>>93855598

>This thread really makes me want to go back and watch every single spider man, but it'll take so long

Just skip the ASM films. Watching them in a row will really show you how much of ASM1 is a bad remake of the first Raimi movie with all the personality taken out, and ASM2 is blunder of the millennium-tier.
>>
>>93855839
I wouldn't be watching them because i like whether or, I'd watch them all to watch them all.
>>
>>93832199
When Raimi was making Spider-Man 1 and 2, a ton of fans had pestered him about when he was going to do Venom. He said that he never wanted to do Venom because he doesn't like Venom, he doesn't get Venom. Raimi's films were always supposed to be an homage to the classic 60's sinister-six era Spidey.

Spider-Man 3 was supposed to have the Sandman as a setup Villain for acts 1 and 2 with Harry Osborn as the Goblin for the payoff/act 3 climax villain. But Sony, being dumbfucks, insisted that Raimi shoehorn Venom into his movie even though he already had the pitch and some script workings for his film and did not want to do Venom.

So we got a Sandman treatment that was somewhat faithful to Raimi's vision, and a half assed Venom that took over the script and got written into all the parts originally meant for Harry. Meanwhile Harry was still tacked on because James Franco had a contract. The entire thing was a fucking mess because Sony wanted to sell Venom merchandise.
>>
>>93832749
what PS2 game is this?
>>
>>93852106
iirc he was always tired and never knew why until then.
>>
>>93855961
I always laugh when Hollywood creators wax romantic about how much they are fans of these franchises but still get shit wrong

If Raimi was such a huge fan of classic Spider-Man comics, why did his movies feel nothing like classic Spider-Man comics, but more of a cliche representation of what a generic "old school comic book hero" should be?

Peters character in the Raimi films doesn't resemble his original character at all, and he completely missed the point of Dock Ock by making him a sympathetic "tortured" guy"
>>
>>93833150
what ps1 game is this
>>
>>93833445
Captain America shouldn't even be on the same level as Spider-Man. He should be like, slightly above Daredevil.
>>
>>93856094

>If Raimi was such a huge fan of classic Spider-Man comics, why did his movies feel nothing like classic Spider-Man comics, but more of a cliche representation of what a generic "old school comic book hero" should be?

Because any artist is going to filter works through their own aesthetic, that's just how being an artist with a distinctive style and vision works.

Raimi loves the old comics, but it's still going to come out "Raimi-ized" because that's what he makes. It has nothing to do with being a real or fake fan.
>>
>>93831060
ASM Peter would probably bro it up with MCU Flash too.
>>
>>93834046
He might have been building a shield for Captain Falcon
>>
>>93841267
>I only know Spider-Man is using his Spider-Sense if there's a huge slow motion expensive CGI sequence to tell me so!
>>
>>93855670
>tits too small
are you this dumb
>>
Okay so I get that TASM gets a rather cool response at this board, or at least NOW it does, but I'm honestly taken aback at how some of you are trying to downplay TASM Peter and his abilities.
>>
>>93831074
>Did...did you really just
holy fucking shit
>>
File: 1485564443836.png (199KB, 346x316px)
1485564443836.png
199KB, 346x316px
>>93856609
>tfw I liked the TASM movies
I didn't see any in theaters and I feel bad about it
I dropped the fucking ball
>>
>>93856609
Electro's introduction into ASM2, no matter how shitty his origin/motives, or how much of a mess that movie was, is to this day the coolest Spider-Man scene

The way they showed how quick witted he is and slowed things down to show how he uses his webbing in clever ways to save people is great, and Electro during that scene felt like a real imposing threat, even if he was a retard
>>
>>93849118
>kids watch a PTSD ridden soldier go to town on small town america for fun.
>>
>>93847125
He may say he didn't publically, but Whedon said this:

>"I said, it would be great if we could just add a few more, if we could have a Captain Marvel there, that you’ve made a deal for. And they talked about it. I was like, ‘And Spider-Man, we could do that too, cause Sony had approached us during the first movie about a little integration," said Whedon. "So I would have put both of them in, but neither of the deals were made. And then they were like, ‘We’re making a Captain Marvel movie and we’ve got Spider-Man as a property,’ and I’m like, ‘I’ve already locked my film, you [expletive]! Thanks for nothing.'"
>>
>>93855961
It wasn't just the fans, it was also Avi Arad (but I guess that could fall under Sony). He wanted Raimi to do Venom because he knew how popular the character was (Arad ran Toy Biz with Ike Perlmutter).

And Spider-Man 3 was originally going to have Sandman and Vulture; Vulture was shown in one of the early production drawings in that Art of Spider-Man 3 book.
>>
>>93856663
Oh man I do too but I have to say that watching TASM 2 in IMAX was a treat because like >>93856812 said that shit was fucking glorious.

(I also liked the obligatory NYC Firefighters scene there too.)

My only real beef with the TASM movies, well my only beef with TASM 2 was that they cut out the scene where Peter beats the shit out of Harry after I'm assuming Gwen died.
>>
>>93857198
I know Electro and Rhino get a bad rap, but I thought Harry as the Goblin was the weakest villain element. I kind of liked their take on Harry, but it just doesn't seem right to me for him to be the first Goblin, to me that's as weird as Hobgoblin being before Green Goblin in the 90s cartoon, just doesn't feel right
>>
>>93855103

You're forgetting how stupid people can get when shit goes down. in that scene you can actually see him think when the ways he tries to stop the train fail and the conductor asks him if he has any more ideas
>>
>people defending TASM
>>
>>93831214
Did...did you just "cringy" unironically?
>>
>>93831764
he's out now, retard.
>>
>>93859611
>responding to a 1 day old post
>...
go back
>>
File: 1489709589201.jpg (347KB, 634x649px)
1489709589201.jpg
347KB, 634x649px
>>93832018
>Garfield gave up on being Spider-Man when his Gwen died
>The ending of ASM2 shows him becoming Spider-Man again, IE getting over his grief for Gwen
>>
>>93830749
Tobey wouldn't even show up at a school dance
>>
>>93861708
LOL, he's reading about Hank Pym.
>>
>>93835778
That's not really the point though.
The point is that this Peter is already strong and tough enough to withstand shit like that, he just doesn't realize it himself because of his mentality.
>>
>>93856523
In what way is Anne Hathaway busty? She's fucking not.
>>
>>93832548
agreed
Thread posts: 496
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.