[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Days - The Casting discussion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 22

File: 1499867553265.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1499867553265.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
Because I've liked it, and hopefully the shitposters have already left
Storytime here: >>93813971
Post theories/speculation/hypercrisis stuff/things you noticed
Some questions:
>who's the guy Hawkman left his diary at? I'm sure it will be an older character, but can't guess who
>is the demon/big bad barbatos or does he have a connection to it?
>who is going to be the most op member of the evil bats?
>>
>>93829097
I actually enjoyed the prelude issues but Snyder's problem is he can't end a story to save his life. I love how much focus Hawkman gets though, and I'm enjoying seeing B and C-Listers show up and get a role. I need more Terrific and Plastic Man.
>>
>>93829097
Also, I feel like a retard for not noticing it at first, but if Duke's new name is Signal, then he is literally a... Bat-Signal
>>
Space metal makes metas
>>
>>93829299
Signal's a better name than Lark desu

Anyway, I kind of like the new unified worldbuilding Snyder's doing, but these issues feel excessively wordy. So many characters waxing lyrical about darkness and doom and magic metal. It's not very engaging. If Snyder wants to do heavy exposition he needs to do it in a way that doesn't read like a 14 year old's edgy fanfic.
>>
Dark Crisis? Is that the next event we're getting after Doomsday Cock?

I do like how Jordan referenced the Three Jokers plotline
>>
>>93829300
better than alieums parasiting brain stems
>>
>>93829483
I think Metal is Dark Crisis, it's just that a propper Crisis is usually left for something massive, so they might have been reluctant to call it that
>>
>>93829261
>he can't end a story to save his life
I still have flashbacks when I think about The Wake ...
>>
>>93829097
>hopefully the shitposters have already left
Implying anyone could Kill The Metal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7U1HIhxfA
>>
>>93829300
>Space metal makes metas
No, no, no: they're literally MetaL Humans
>>
>>93829883
>I think Metal is Dark Crisis
Crisis on Infinite Batmen if that last page was anything to go by.

>>93814826
>>
>>93829396
welcome to snyder anon
>>
File: Image-28-600x876.jpg (114KB, 600x876px) Image search: [Google]
Image-28-600x876.jpg
114KB, 600x876px
O MY RUBBER METAl
>>
>>93830234
>Plastic Man is actually Nth Metal Man
>>
>>93830276
I still don't get why Magnus never made one on those.
>>
File: metal men meet cyborg.png (3MB, 1366x738px) Image search: [Google]
metal men meet cyborg.png
3MB, 1366x738px
>>93830276
>Nth Metal Man
It was really only a matter of time.
>>
File: platinum.png (1MB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
platinum.png
1MB, 639x960px
>>93830303
>still don't get why Magnus never made one on those.
He took things as far as he needed to, anon.
>>
>>93830390
>>93830420
Good god, I hate these faces.
>>
DUKE THOMAS IS THE KEY TO ALL OF THIS
>>
>>93829097
There was a lot of righteous backlash about Metahumans being the product of being born with nth metal in their bodies, but honestly how many superheroes on earth were born with them? Most either use tech, or are from distant planets or pantheons, or are given powers through freak accidents or use of magic.
>>
>>93830851
It's not much sillier than Marvel's "robot space gods did it" explanation for superpowers. Besides, Dark Days hasn't explicitly said that ALL Metas are because of the Metal, if they were then Duke wouldn't be special.
>>
>>93829097
>hopefully the shitposters have already left
Oh fuck off, you literal child. So people can't say they hated your shitty comic or else they're shitposters? Go fuck yourself and go back to your fucking safe space
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>93830981
t. ass-blasted z-lister fan
>>
>>93830923
Speaking of Duke, I always felt like /co/ exagerated with the hate. He was mostly contained to Snyder's book and was nowhere near as ridiculous as harper row, he was bland but harmless. And even though the idea that he's some sort of chosen one is really dumb, I think this is going to be his out of the bat family and he'll go join the immortal men or star in some book for the dark matter line.
>>
>>93831043
Nice strawman, faggot. Try coming up with a real argument next time, will you?

I guess the reason you want a safe space for your shitty comic is because you know it's terrible, deep down, within your heart you know the truth, you just don't want to face it.
>>
>>93831094
>it's terrible
But it's not? It's just mediocre with some interesting seeds right now. You can't accuse people of not coming up with an argument when you aren't presenting an argument yourself. All you're saying is IT BAD over and over. Maybe if you explained why you thought it was bad people would take you seriously. Also you're waifu a shit.
>>
Can someone please post The Forge?
>>
Couldnt it have been someone else?

I mean, why batman?
Why not blue beetle? Why not Hawkman?

I mean, really? Batman? And a batman universe? and everything revolves around bats?
>>
>>93831383
>And a batman universe?
Better yet a BATMAN DARK MULTIVERSE, with METAL and FLAPJACKS and HOOKERS
>>
>>93831383
>Why not Hawkman?

There was mention of some sort of cosmic battle of hawks and bats between the DC universe and the dark multiverse. Hawkman is probably as important to the cosmology as batman.
>>
>>93829097
I can't believe no one commented in the story time thread that Hal said your story time is over
>>
>>93831492
Funnily enough I think that was right after the Joker revealed the Metahumans thing.
>>
i don't know if co influenced my thinking, but i thought it was mediocre as fuck
>>
>>93831553
I think it succeeded in being more intriguing than the previous issue. There are some hype worthy elements, but at the same time up to this point the story itself isn't something truly good on its own merits, safe for the hawkman parts i mo.
>>
>>93831618
i liked the first issue better. i don't think i want to pay Snyder sized dollars on his event. he seems to have cool ideas that fizzle out into just okay
>>
>>93831094
>>93830981
>>
what the hell is all the shit with hawkman about?
>>
>>93829097
Was there a Super-Bat? Maybe that?
>>
NTH METAL, SON
>>
>>93832122
how is it different from 8th metal and 9th metal?
>>
>>93831171
Pretty please with a cherry on top?
>>
>>93829097
I actually liked it but this issue has Tynion written all over it

The metal and meta humans thing is eh but its
just as silly as element 115 making Nazi Zombies but better than "Robot god" or "Just because". A lot of people were talking about Duke using a Green Lantern ring outside of 4chan n' i'm sitting there saying in my head "Anyone can use a Green Lantern ring, just some are more capable than others".

>>93830234
Well it explains why he's indestructible :^)

>>93831383
Because it has to be Batman's fault

>>93831442
Hawkman gets ganked by Bat-family when?
>>
>>93830276
I thought this was a joke. But nope, one of the metal icons along with Fates helmet and Aquaman trident is "hyperelastic particles" and Plastic Man.
>>
Anyone know where this is going? They still haven't explained the basic premise..
>>
>>93832686
There is another Dark Multiverse. A metal came from it to here, nth metal likely. This metal is the source of all magic items like the helm of Dr Fate, Lazerus pits, Olympian weapons, Atlantean items and also what makes all super devices such as lantern rings and mother boxes and also all Meta humans get there power from having this metal in them, the word Meta being short for Metal, including Plastic Man specifically, whose hyperelastic particles are tied to the Metal. Because this metal is so special every immortal and ancient group or society from the wizard Shazam to Hawkman to the League of Assassins to Court of Owls has ties to it which also reaches as far back as the Bat Tribe of cavemen times. Soon the Dark Multiverse from which the metal came will send people to this universe. These people are all variations of Batman. Duke has a mysterious role as the signal for the events that will transpire.

That pretty much covers it.
>>
>>93833113
Is this a Dark Hypercrisis?
>>
>>93829097
>Everything is connected!!!
>Even the origin of metahumans since metal in the blood!

Oh for fucks sake. I'm already ready to jump off this comic and it's barely gotten started.
>>
>>93833285
This whole event feels very anti-hypercrisis.
>>
>>93833330
It's already better than Bloodlines.
>>
>>93833420
The original or the recent reboot version? Haven't read the former, kinda dug the latter.
>>
>>93832430
>anyone can use a green lantern ring

Can they though? I'm pretty sure Ollie tried to use it and could barely generate a single Arrow with it.
>>
>>93833420
Didn't that give us Hitman though?
>>
File: Ballistic_05.png (871KB, 504x689px) Image search: [Google]
Ballistic_05.png
871KB, 504x689px
>>93833636

And Ballistic man. Who does everyone always forget Ballistic?!
>>
>every mythical creature or immortal (ras, etrigan etc.) got their powers from the metal.

Surely im not the only one pissed that nth metal is too interconnected with the DCU? What made the thanagarian special in their own unique way is taken from them.

Now we will have the mother box or something created from this shitty deus ex machina metal.
>>
Has Snyder managed to ruin the entirety of the DC setting with one issue?
>>
>>93834053
Don't forget the lantern rings too come from it despite Humphries just now giving them a good origin in the current arc.
>>
>>93833330
Well we do have iron based blood.
>>
>>93833478
He still made a construct though. Proves anyone can use it, barely
>>
>>93834157
In fact all forms of life have metal inside there bodies
>>
>>93834246
Bacteria don't.
>>
>>93834267
https://youtu.be/DjZ6b20LSoc
Bacteria can be killed with copper and silver.
>>
>>93834105
it was really frustrating to see people actually defending this crap from the storytime thread. Can they not realize you are just removing anything unique from these objects?

There is not greater sense of mystery left. No one wanted to even know what metal these objects even were.
>>
>>93834362
Wouldn't killing it mean they aren't a natural part of their biology? What are you getting at here?
>>
>>93834470
And the thing is that origin was connected already. It linked lantern origins to the multiverse and the Prime destroyed universe and Volthoom from Johns run and even hints to the cosmic grail. But Snyder needs to be important and remembered forever.
>>
>>93829097
Stupd quedtion because i dont plan on following but
Is this canon?
>>
>>93834615
Yes.
>>
>>93830923
>It's not much sillier than Marvel's "robot space gods did it" explanation for superpowers.

Yes it is. It's like if the powers came from the Celestials' armor which is the same as Cap's shield and Thor's hammer and Wolverine's claws and Surfer's penis.
>>
>>93831383
>I mean, really? Batman? And a batman universe? and everything revolves around bats?

like the DCEU.
>>
>>93832984
>Soon the Dark Multiverse from which the metal came will send people to this universe. These people are all variations of Batman.

It's like Marcel's Cancerverse except Batwank is the cancer. Fitting.
>>
>>93834674
How?
>>
>>93834809
How what? It is canon. It takes place in the main DC universe. Editors and writers present it as a canon story.
>>
>>93834836
How is it effecting things? I mean nothing gives any cloue that it would. So how will this effect the universe afterward? Is Plastic man really coming back?
>>
>>93834861
Everything is nth metal now. Plastic Man in particular was referenced as having powers from metal. Lazerus pits to lantern rings are all caused by metal.
>>
>>93831170
Not him, but the scenes with Joker were pretty damn bad. He literally throws exposition at the audience about the poorly executed Snyder Joker arcs during his Batman run.
>>
>>93829097
Tbh it read like a Detective comic issue
>>
>>93834891
This....This is...really dumb
>>
The only thing I hope we get out of this is Snyder on a Hawkman ongoing because as dumb as the Metal stuff is he does a good job at writing a historic mystery and is probably the only writer in years to not make Carter just a big dumb brute
>>
Duke is just the result of DC allowing Scott Snyder too much freedom and kowtowing to his stupid creative ideas. Hell, they even give huge books like 'tec and Batwoman to Snyder's rookie students who couldn't write a decent story if their lives depended on it. There's a reason why almost every part of DC Rebirth is good except for the Batman corner.
>>
>>93835242
I agree with this, Hawkman is the best part and Snyder's "insert factoid imbedded in long monologue here" writing style actually suits the character.
>>
>>93831069
Snyder is literally trying everything to make Duke relevant, He really wants to have a Legacy in the Batman titles.He isn't even special anymore, Duke is literally a plot device now. With the dumbest superhero name I have ever heard in existence.
>>
>>93834546
Nothing. I just wanted to share that fact.
>>
>>93834546
That METAL is going to purge the DC Universe of all it's bacteria.
>>
Dear Scott Snyder.

Please stop ruining DC mythology.
>>
>>93835260
>Detective Comics and Batwoman are bad

I want this meme to die
>>
>>93831069

I don't understand why people still care. This is a Snyder/Tynion story. He's not being pushed on people outside of it. If he gets popular then he will be used. If not then he becomes Poochy and his planet needs him.

Look at Telos. Ulysses from CW2 is similar as well.
>>
>>93832984
Is this shit true or memes? This reads like literal destruction of almost anything of worth in DC.
>>
>>93836015
Stop exaggerating.
>>
>>93836035
Me? I'm asking if that post was exaggerating. Do you just blindly defend stuff without reading what is actually being said?
>>
>>93836062
>Me?
Yes.

>>93836015
>This reads like literal destruction of almost anything of worth in DC.
This is exaggeration.

The metal retcon is dumb, but it can always be retconned away. This isn't some cataclysmic story that will break the DC universe forever.
>>
>>93836080
So the story actual is as garbage as that post reads. That's fucking awful. How is Snyder still working at this point?
>>
>>93836096
Because he's popular and outside of /co/'s opinion of his Batman run via anon like you reading other anons interpretations of his stories he's regarded as a pretty good writer.
>>
>>93829097
One thing that bothered me was how the three artists showed Batman's multiversal machine
Lee's pages show it trashed by the Joker, but he barely makes a dent
Kubert's pages show it totally destroyed
Romita's pages at the end doesn't even show the ruins
Like what the fuck are the editors even doing?
>>
>>93836096
>>93836208
From CBR's top 100 comic runs 2016

10. Geoff Johns’ “Green Lantern” – 812 points (24 first place votes)
9. Walter Simonson’s “Thor” – 887 points (19 first place votes)
>8. Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s “Batman” – 1019 points (20 first place votes)
7. Grant Morrison’s “Batman” – 1036 points (22 first place votes)
6. Steve Ditko and Stan Lee’s “Spider-Man” – 1242 points (25 first place votes)
5. Jack Kirby and Stan Lee’s “Fantastic Four” – 1260 points (32 first place votes)
4. Alan Moore’s “Swamp Thing” – 1311 points (39 first place votes)
3. Frank Miller and Klaus Janson’s “Daredevil” – 1449 points (28 first place votes)
2. Neil Gaiman’s “Sandman” – 1474 points (40 first place votes)
1. John Byrne, Chris Claremont and Terry Austin’s “X-Men” – 2356 points (55 first place votes)

Make of that what you want
>>
>>93829097
Not a fan of Nth Metal being the explanation for everything. I hope it's quickly shelved after this is over.

As a Cyborg fan, I really hope they don't tie him to Nth Metal shit as well.

>who is going to be the most op member of the evil bats?
Can't decide when you have Batday/Doomsbat, Batflash, Batborg, Aquabat, and a Wonder Bat of murder.
>Batborg
Batman with access to every computer/network in the world, boom tube teleportation, healing and regeneration, the ability to interface with with alien computers like Mother Boxes and Power Rings, and every other tech related thing Cyborg can do
>Doomsbat
Batman is a force of nature
>Batflash
Speedster bullshit and Batwank
>Aquabat
7 seas Batman
>Wonder Bat
A Batgod
>>
>>93836427
nah, because it's Snyder, the most op is clearly going to be the Batman/Joker hybrid
>>
What batman has done in synder comic He is to blame for the evil batman in our world ?
>>
>>93837100
If I'm thinking right, then Batman is an idiot.
>>
>>93837100
Some of this is speculation:
>the Big Bad/bat demon thingy/Barbatos creates the Bat tribe at the dawn of time, who are evil, and war with the hawks. he also infects the universe with the powerful metal.
>in the present, Batman collects the metal artifacts, and opens a portal for the bad guys, as an unwitting agent of the Big Bad, and the evil Batmen come through. I can only assume they aren't there to sightsee.
>>
>>93837100
>He is to blame for the evil batman in our world ?
Yes, he knows there is evil in some place but he does not know what is (and is not even in another universe, is in another multiverse).
He needs to recognize that evil so he do an incredible investigation and search for the mediums to spot it and doing so he opens the ways for that evil to invade his multiverse.

So, yes, batman is to blame.
>>
Is anyone at all surprised that Bruce done fucked up? This ain't the first time he nearly doomed the world. Remember Brother Eye? Batman is a huge cunt.
>>
>>93832984
Don't forget:
>we're going to pretend Duke is the key to all of this
>but we're already telling you Batman is the true key to all of this
>>
>>93837694
People outside of /co/ are
>>
>>93836870
I knew I forgot about one. You're probably right.
>>
The concept is alright, but I thought the writing for these issues was extremely wonky and poorly paced. It was trying to cram way too fucking much into two issues while still leaving a lot blank.

It feels like this should have been set up over a longer period of time than just these two single issues.

I am happy about the Hawkman, though. Give me more Hawkman.
>>
>You guys dig Rebirth? It's goin well, right? lol Hold my beer, we're about to fuck it up. Meta(l) gene! you know, like CW! Oh and uh, you gave me a LOT of shit about Duke, well, he's the key to all this lol! Take that KING
>>
>>93838842
>you know, like CW
Metahumans has been a comic term way before the CW shows.
>>
>>93838842
>you know, like CW
Metahumans has been a comic term way before the CW shows.
And outside of /co/ nobody really gave Snyder shut about Duke.

/co/ needs to stop thinking of itself as the center of the comic community
>>
>>93838856
A term, obviously, but it's regressive and insular to use it to apply to a whole new swath of super powdered individuals. Their Terrigan Mist.
>>
>>93838870
>If general audiences/casuals might like it, it's totally cool. No criticism warranted.
>>
File: Diu_355_jotaro_body.png (926KB, 742x731px) Image search: [Google]
Diu_355_jotaro_body.png
926KB, 742x731px
>>93830420
STAR PLATINUM, ZA WARUDO
T
A
R

P
L
A
T
I
N
U
M
>>
File: jeanbomb.jpg (142KB, 530x401px) Image search: [Google]
jeanbomb.jpg
142KB, 530x401px
>>93838879
Invasion! anon. Claremont even did a double-parody of it.
>>
>>93838892
I didn't say that retard, I said his use of Duke isn't aimed at anyone(or in particular /co/), like you're implying.

He's probably not a spiteful faggot like most of 4chan so I doubt he cares what we think
>>
>>93829097
Besides the fucking overuse of the word Metal it was a fine prelude, still I missed alot being new to comics.

What is the tower in the Superman base?
>>
>>93829097
So we know about metahumans, what about superpowered aliens?
>>
>Hey, have you ever thought about how all weapons are made of metal
Woah, so deep!
>and how about this, what happens if you add an L to the end of the prefix Meta?
What an amazing connection no ones made before!

Fuck this book
>>
>>93839513
It sounds exactly like something from a /co/ hypercrisis thread that if an anon had discovered everyone would have jerked him off and reposted screens of it
>>
>>93834711
But Cap's shield is vibranium which is the shell of a Celestial egg. So it really does come from Celestials' armor.
>>
>>93829813
X-gene rip off is still the better solution
>>
There was literally nothing wrong with the Invasion explanation, even if Invasion itself was not a great story.
>>
>>93839591
Scott you're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>93830742
This was honestly my big take way from this issue, I honestly couldn't even focus on the things I liked, like how Joker is now some Psycho-Pirate style character that remembers things pre-Flashpoint and etc.

I liked the last issues far more, this is just setting up a pretty un-exciting villain and Duke dick sucking. I still enjoy how Snyder is going through pains to try to make the continuity closer to Post-Crisis, but I still need to see more, and more that doesn't involve Duke. I might like several of these new Meta-human characters that will probably spawn of this and Doomsday Clock and etc., but Duke's ship has sailed. He is dead weight on the bat books, and the bat books have been nothing but dealing with dead weight continuity for years now.
>>
>>93839753
At least Invasion had the decency to be a springboard for L.E.G.I.O.N. I rather doubt anything of worth is coming out of 14 year old Scott Snyder's Batman fanfic.

DC could be bringing back their cosmic series, and yet they waste time and resources on this shit.
>>
>>93840355
The new Challengers book, a Hawkman ongoing and Captain Marvel ongoing are all being set up so I'm happy enough
>>
>>93840355
>DC could be bringing back their niche property that made no money, and yet they waste time and resources on making an event centered around one of there most profitable characters.
FTFY

Your z-listers aren't profitable, get over it.
>>
>>93839591
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
>>
>>93840765
Legion went for 70 issues, so I doubt that it was unsuccessful
It really just a matter of springboarding a new series from an event with a good creative team
Booster Gold went for like 60 issues after 52
>>
>>93841019
I can't speak for LEGION, but the first volume of REBELS was a sub 20k seller and the 00s revival was a comparable low seller that survived as long as it did by the grace of Didio.
>>
>>93840765
>Batman is LITERALLY the only property that sells the figures we want, so we're gonna put all the promotion into the guaranteed seller, and give it tons of spinoff shit. The stuff that doesn't sell as much totally doesn't need a push.

Also
>Any book that doesn't make Batman money is worthless, and equivalent to making no money at all.

I can't fucking wait for the major publishers to collapse under their own unsustainable bullshit. Even many of the consumers are defending these shitty business practices. Disgusting.
>>
I think Snyder's fanfiction went too far with the "everything comes from the Nth Metal" thing (where does that leave the Speed Force and many other things anyway?),
>>
File: nick spencer on marketing.png (96KB, 581x809px) Image search: [Google]
nick spencer on marketing.png
96KB, 581x809px
>>93841188
Even notable DC-hating asshole Nick Spencer agrees that marketing low selling books is a waste of money. People want what they want and they want the most is bat books.
>>
>>93841189
>speed force
Comes from Nth metal to, who cares
>>
>>93837100
The cave cult for the bat demon or whatever only managed to open the pathway because Batman looked in the machine (and they stole the information from there somehow, which is why Batman only saw nothingness this time). So, although he had no way to know it, without his investigation they wouldn't have been able to open the pathway.
>>
>>93841109
But that's exactly my point, anon
To ensure the survival of niche titles, your best bet is to launch them from events
>>
>>93841207
Oh fuck off. You are not going to sit there and tell me that comic readers literally ONLY ever want Batman, and nothing else. That makes no sense whatsoever unless Batman is actually real, and artificially inflates his own sales numbers.

This reminds me way too much of the AAA game industry. It's like we were just told one day that only X sells, and so they use this "fact" to justify neglecting everything other than the big name shit they can keep force feeding their customers over and over again.

Also, Nick Spencer is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>93841230
>>93841189
>the Speed Force is actually Speed Forge
>>
>>93841350
It's supply and demand. DC has no inherent Batman bias. If any other character of theirs was selling Batman numbers, they'd milk that for what it was worth too (and they did, back when they were publishing four Superman titles in the 90s and 00s in addition to Supergirl, Steel, Superboy, possibly other spin-offs I'm forgetting).
With video games it's different because those publicly traded companies want whatever gets them the most and quickest return on investment and they're risking tens of millions of dollars. Stakes are much lower with comics.
>>
>>93841409
>DC has no inherent Batman bias.
You're an idiot.

And frankly, so are the majority of comics fans. You fuck nuts killed this industry by being stubborn twats who threaten to leave en masse whenever a publisher dares to do something other than cater specifically to you.

This industry is a dead husk because you refused to budge.
>>
>>93841357
BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>93841357
Nah Speed Force now originated from Jay Garrick's metal helmet.
>>
>>93841666
oh god, he would definitely do that
>>
>>93841666
Satanic trips confirm

Also look out for Iron Bat to save the say, either helmed by Bruce but more likely Our Guy Duke.
Likely some sort of, "Why do you think they call you the Man of STEEL Kal El?" as well.
>>
>>93841567
In the late 90s through the early 00s Batman wasn't even their best seller. It was one of the better sellers sure, but the best, by a great margin, was Morrison and then Waid's JLA. And then Kevin Smith and later Brad Meltzer's Green Arrow was up there in a close second place. Batman didn't take the crown again until Jim Lee's Hush, then it slid back down again until the Morrison era, and a Bat-book has stayed at or near the top ever since thanks to Snyder and then King keeping up the momentum. It could fall again, and we could also get another B-lister written by an Unexpected Big Name from Another Medium that shoots it up the charts.
>>
>>93832984
>Hawkman, the guy whose gear is literally Nth Metal, has the worst Nth metal weapons and powers in the entire universe
B R A V O
>>
>>93838842
I feel like King's Mister Miracle is going to be shit anyway desu, did you see the cover?
>HE'S TRYING TO ESCAPE LIFE
That is... not Mister Miracle. Don't make Mister Miracle some sort of horrible traumatised I-don't-give-a-fuck, I-literally-am-too-burned-out-to-care jackass King.
>>
>>93841922
It's
>HE'S DYING TO ESCAPE LIFE
not trying
Mr Miracle doesn't need to try, he just does
>>
>>93841922
I think both he and Gerads care a great deal, anon. The tone looks pretty fun too, which is a welcome avenue for King.
>>
File: keep trying.jpg (416KB, 1024x1633px) Image search: [Google]
keep trying.jpg
416KB, 1024x1633px
>>93841922
King is a hack who wikis things he doesn't know, it's likely he saw this Shiloh Norman page out of context and decided that's what Mr. Miracle is all about.
>>
>>93832984
Fun fact, you know why Wonder Woman's bracelets are indestructible? They were formed from the Aegis, the nigh invincible shield mutually destroyed by Cronos' spear during the Titanomachy. But it was made from Nth Metal, apparently. Bet Snyder would find a way to bullshit the Lasso into being Nth Metal too, the fucking hack.

>>93841847
Like, does Snyder even know what Nth Metal does? The reason it's special is because it can manipulate the four primordial universal forces. Gravity, Magnetism, Strong Nuclear Force, and Weak Nuclear Force.

Now granted, this obviously makes it completely broken whoreshit, but still. Just imagine the sheer technobabhle required to explain some of this shit.
>>
>>93842076
Scott get back to work, there's still a lot of exposition to be written
>>
I don't like making such a statement about nth metal. There are several DC metals with special properties. It's not that big of a dael.
>>
>>93842048
>the tone looks pretty fun
have we seen the same previews
>>
>>93842106
It's possible to dislike both writers.
>>
>Hey Geoff, you remember Bloodlines?
>Yeah I do Scott. Damn, looking back that was some pretty retarded stuff.
>I agree. It was really dumb to have metahumans come from edgy alien crayon vampires. But you know what wouldn't be dumb? If metahumans were actually METALhumans and superpowers came from a dark mirror of the universe via nine sacred metals responsible for life itself.
>>
>>93831737
Kill yourself, Snyder apologist. You are literally killing DC.
>>
>>93842180
and all the powers coming from literally a metagene is not retarded enough ? you are all blowing this way out of proportion
>>
>>93842077
>But it was made from Nth Metal, apparently

That wasn't even stated in any of the preludes
Batman only says he collected ancient themysciran artifacts made from the metal
If you think that only Diana wears bracelets, check out the new issue of WW
yesterday, lots of amazons had bracelets
>>
>>93842243
Nth metal quality post, my friend.
>>
>>93842077
>Like, does Snyder even know what Nth Metal does?

Probably, he was the Atom's teaching assistant before Ryan Choi.
>>
>>93842243
Copying X-Men makes a bit more sense than a foreign metal somehow getting into the bloodstream of certain people and being passed on through their children, yes.
>>
>>93842180
Accurate
>>
>>93842246
Dumbass, Diana's bracelets are special. The other Amazons haven't been able to block bullets since pre-Crisis. The only other one who can is Donna.

Seriously, what artifacts is he even talking about? The established ones are all accounted for. Unless the Sword of Hephaestus isn't the sword Diana's been using this whole time, but that's doubtful.

It's either something made up like that Bind of Veils thing Snyder pulled out of his ass, or continuity for this book is fucked.
>>
So is the dark multiverse evil in general because then we're just getting a bunch of earth threes
>>
>>93830742
So how long until Duke is shelved in obscurity after this
>>
>>93842381
no one knows for now
>>93842376
its probably made up artifacts
>>
>>93842397
Snyder has to lose influence at DC.
>>
>>93842397
Harper Row 2.0
As long as King is on Batman, Duke will not get any screentime
>>
>>93830923
WHY ARE YOU FAGGOTS DEFENDING THIS CRAP. IT WAS DUMB IN MARVEL AND IT WAS DUMB HERE.

HOW THE FUCK IS "OH THEY DID IT" A VALID POINT.. UGHHHHHH
>>
>>93842180
Get some reading comprehension
The issue didn't infer that every metahuman comes from the metal, only a new generation (most likely those in the Dark Matter series)
>>
Does Duke have any attributes besides being black? Writers write black characters so blandly, as if theyre so afraid to be offensive in any way, that they can only imbue them with courage, goodness, and heroism. No complications, the things that might actually make them interesting. For instance, Priest gets a hold of Wally 2, and actually gives him effective pathos. Duke, Bendis' Miles, just empty vessels.
>>
>>93842516
>Priest publicly hates being typecast as "the black writer"
>it still falls to him to make a black character interesting
That is both funny and sad.
>>
>>93842565
Sort of my point, I wish more white writers would care less about making a completely inoffensive black character and more on making an interesting one. Priest doesnt even use race to do so, with him, just doesnt mind giving him some flaws and pathos.
>>
>>93842516
I think Priest was mostly picking up with what they did with nuWally in the Flash ongoing already, like a lot of it was simply baked into the retcon that made Daniel his father.
>>
>>93842464
>UGHHHHHH
Both literally and figuratively reddit: the post.
>>
>>93841357
>>93841666
Ok, now we need to integrate Kryptonian crap into the Nth metal, and we're done.
>>
NthMetallo is final boss and Duke is the only one who can defeat him screencap this
>>
File: DEoozYTW0AEXxfy.jpg large.jpg (51KB, 1024x452px) Image search: [Google]
DEoozYTW0AEXxfy.jpg large.jpg
51KB, 1024x452px
A damian scan
form Greg Capullo twitter
>>
>>93843212
Oh god... Is that Damian?
>>
File: Capullo Damian.jpg (236KB, 1080x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Capullo Damian.jpg
236KB, 1080x1190px
>>93843212
>>
>>93841922
I don't see how that's worse than his New 52 characterization so far, but even if it was that basic idea doesn't seem like enough to dismiss the quality of the comic. King reinvented Vision (Waid wrote the setup but it was for King's story), Huntress, and the Omega Men and made some of the most acclaimed big 2 comics of the decade with them.

Can't believe how much /co/ keeps dismissing this comic every time it comes up, all of King's non-Batman stuff was very well received here when it was coming out.
>>
>>93843212

finaly he could drive the batmobile... Is that batmobile, right?
>>
>>93843280
he looks so cute
>>
>>93843134
Crystal tech was created by studying Nth Metal
If we still had based Byrne's canon we could make the birthing matrix made of Nth Metal, which would also make the Eradicator and Cyborg Superman Nth Metalhumans
>>
File: damian ambulance.jpg (519KB, 1280x1948px) Image search: [Google]
damian ambulance.jpg
519KB, 1280x1948px
>>93843297
>>93843212
maybe an ambulance
>>
>>
File: stellarium.jpg (207KB, 630x490px) Image search: [Google]
stellarium.jpg
207KB, 630x490px
>>93843134
remember King's Omega Men?
I wouldn't be surprised if they tied the Stellarium stuff into Metal
>>
>>93843380
at DINO for dami ?
>>
>>93843212
Capullo's going to insist on giving everybody that haircut huh
>>
>>93843380
>dinosaurs are the progenitors of birds
>the birds are at war with bats
>batman fights a dinosaur

BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
>>93843380
I just noticed Hawkgirl in the background
>>
There are rumors we see batman 666
>>
>>93843539
rumors from where?
>>
>>93843621
reddit
>>
>>93843212
>>
>>93829097
Defend the "Metahumans coming from Nth Metal" thing.
>>
>>93829483
>>93829883
Metal IS Dark Crisis, it's essentially Snyder's take on a Crisis level event. It's just that he decided not to name Crisis because that name is related to continuity changes in DC.
>>
>>93830923
To be honest, the idea of aliens experimenting on primitive humanity is MUCH more grounded on a lot of sci-fi stories than "there's a magic metal from another universe inside the blood of people"
>>
the Metal stuff...I think it is a living metal..dna stuff
>>
>>93830923
But Duke has the Metal.
>>
>>93831383
Did you read the thing? With this event they literally made Hawkman central to the DCU mythology.
>>
>>93843212
Cute.
>>
>>93843694
There's only 3 real known metahumans in DC Plas, Duke and BC so who gives a shit
>>
>>93832984
> This metal is the source of all magic items like the helm of Dr Fate, Lazerus pits, Olympian weapons,

Wouldn't this make Hawkman actually less special? Like, the guy whole gimmick was the Nth Metal, and now pretty much everyone has something made of Nth Metal.
>>
>>93836015
>This reads like literal destruction of almost anything of worth in DC.

This is funny because that's what New 52 exactly was and yet here we are.
>>
>>93840765
They're making Hawkman central to the DCU with this event though
>>
>>93841189
Stop copypasting my comments from CBR
>>
>>93844060
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>93843212
Lol.
>>
>>93843848
Aquaman, Flash, etc. all metahumans
>>
>>93844118
The fuck is wrong with you? Are you the Joker or just plain dumb?
>>
>>93842323
I want an Atom solo book
Really bad
>>
>>93844242
Damifag's young and eccentric.
>>
>>93836242
Where does CBR get their taste from? The garbage factory?
>>
>>93842397
Duke's getting a solo book, you know that right? Would be nice if he got a good costume too.
>>
>>93844428
Would be better if he had more character.
>>
>>93844444
Of course. I'm gonna check out the solo to see how it goes. I'm mainly interested because I see people shit on the character.
>>
>>93844199
No they're not. Aquamarine is half Atlantean and Flash is a normal human embedded with the speed force.

Do people not understand what a metahuman is?
A Humans with powers =/= must be a metahuman

Fuck, aquaman is only half human. Do you think Diana is a meta as well?
>>
>>93844570
>>93844444
Snyder confirmed he's not writing it in the CBR interview so we might be lucky
>>
File: tenor.gif (273KB, 400x234px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
273KB, 400x234px
So was that Joker like the Joker from Earth 2 or something?

Sorry. I just got it today because I know METAL is going to be some huge event coming up and i'm only interested in it because of the name.
>>
>>93845047
Nope, just Snyders Joker
>>
>>93842516
Yeah I hope a black person writes his solo book simply because of this.
>>
>>93843212
>Damian. Smiling.
And already written OOC, I see.
>>
>>93845974
Damian smiles all the time though.
He's just usually being a little shit when it happens
>>
>>93844775
After the INVASION! even in the early 90s, it was made canon that just about everyone with powers that aren't wholly biological or technological were metahumans. Jay Gerrick, for instance, has the metagene for super speed, but it tops out at about Mach 3 unless he's connected to the Speed Force. Aquaman's power to command sea life is a hereditary meta human power passed down through the royal blood line, iirc.
>>
Did Snyder manage to kill the hypercrisis with his bullshit everything is metal story?

RIP in piece fun DC cosmos theories.
>>
>>93846427
The very nature of the Hypercrisis is that its a meta narrative that can't be effected by the puny bullshit of one of the multitude of Earths.
>>
>>93844040
He's not what I would consider z lister. Hawkman has a couple solo runs.
>>
>>93846542
It's dead. Snyder shoved himself into an entire multiverse and history of DC. Hypercrisis is kill. Morrison did his best but couldn't overcome Snyder.
>>
File: intell.jpg (596KB, 1982x1782px) Image search: [Google]
intell.jpg
596KB, 1982x1782px
>>93846662
>>93846427
friendly reminder that 'hypercrisis is dead' posters are agents of the gentry
>>
>>93847197
Friendly reminder that Hypercrisis threads turned into threads by the Gentry a long time ago.
>>
>>93832169
Nth metal is ninth metal
>>
>>93846427
Well i love snyder now. Finally you shitty morrisonfags and your dumb fucking meme can die in a dumpster fire
>>
>>93847197
Friendly reminder that roleplaying fags ruined any actual discussion in those threads ages ago.
>>
>>93846427
There was no hypercrisis.

There's two multiverses, 52 and and dark. Im not counting outside media versions or destroyed ones.
>>
>>93846277
Invasion doesn't exist. Meta gene is rare.
>>
>>93849721
It's metal not meta, do keep up. Also it is not rare now that you can just inject some metal in your blood and get powers.
>>
>>93830102
no they arent, no where in the book did they ever say this
>>
>>93834587
>>93834470
>>93834105
>>93834053
are you guys retarded? The rings are not made of the metal. Not every mythical creature or immortal got their powers from the metal. No where does it say this. All it says is that Shazam made a knife from nth metal. One of Ares weapons was made from 8th metal. And the new batch of metahumans (note, not all metahumans, just this new batch) are getting their powers from it.

Thats it. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>93849867
Joker says it. Meta comes from a doctor description of metal people that used only four letters. Snyder apologists confirmed for not even reading comics.
>>
>>93835181
>>93834891
its not true, dont listen to the uninformed anon
>>
>Batman only exists because of two bullets
>bullets are made of metal
that's poetry
>>
>>93849940
only in reference to the new batch of metas. There are still metas that existed before and without the metal. Like Black Canary, Flash, etc.
>>
>>93849934
Are the lantern rings made out of metal? Or some green thing from Oa? Or are they themselves hard light?
>>
>>93849934
>new batch of metahumans
>been recorded at Dukes birth, a teen
>going back before most heroes were active
>new
That's some good mental gymnastics.
>>
File: 1499870281565.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1499870281565.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>93829097
My question is for pic related. How did the mask and all the other artifacts just appear there? They werent there in the last rendering of that same space.
>>
>>93850036
>going back before most heroes were active
what? Flash and BC were active way before then, and we know for a fact the JSA are canon and coming back so you got a whole batch of metahumans there. Nice job looking like an absolute idiot.
>>
>>93850014
Made from metal. It's why Hals ring went on the fritz.
Also Batman says hyperelastic particles are from metal too so Plastic Man is metal too now.
>>
File: 1499870210377.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1499870210377.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>93850054
for comparison
>>
>>93850075
Flash and Black Canary have been active over 15 years going on two decades now? Maybe you should try actually reading comics.
>>
>>93850082
> Batman says hyperelastic particles are from metal too

no he doesnt
>>
>>93850123
>hurr durr im gunna ignore the JSA part that totally invalidates my argument

god you are so dumb it hurts. And Flash most definitely has. Even if he cant remember it and time has been erased, he has. And even if BC wasnt active, if you actually read comics, you would know in the Birds of Prey comic they have SHOWN HER as a child with her powers. Well before Duke.
>>
>>93850132
Right here dummy >>93850054
You're just being willfully ignorant noe.
>>
>>93841793
Ah, but Morrison's JLA is the origin of the Batgod meme.
>>
>>93850184
no where does he say the moleculesa are metal, can you not read? he just says itll help him see whatever it is he needs to see. It has to suck being as dumb as you.
>>
>>93842122
>I don't like making such a statement about nth metal. There are several DC metals with special properties. It's not that big of a dael.

You don't get it. They are ALL THE SAME metal now!
>>
>>93850224
>i will use this completely unrelated thing for use in learning about the metal
wew
>>
>>93850162
Duke's mother also had the metal.
>>
>>93850184
Snyderfags BTFO
>>
>>93849804
Stfu faggot, it doesnt say that.
>>
>>93850314
yes, she is part of the new batch of metas. And? Is she older than the JSA? Nope. Is it possible that there are other metas, even older, that get their powers from the metal? Sure. Has it ever been said anywhere that its the only way to create metas? No, no it hasnt. Now stop being so desperately retarded.
>>
>>93850334
wtf are you dumb? see
>>93850224
>>
>>93850344
Snyder wouldn't have included that dumb "M E T A" line as if it were some huge revelation if he didn't intend for it to apply to all metahumans
>>
>>93850123
Yeah the JL has been around for 15 years now thanks to Superman Reborn
>>
>>93850344
Things don't continue being only new after several generations.
>>
>>93850311
it could still be related and not be metal you silly idiot. You sure are making som retarded leaps of logicd. There is nothing to say the relics of order or chaos are metal either.
>>
>>93850411
>several

for all you know, the mom and duke were given the metal at the same time.
>>
>>93850370
it was meant as a big reveal to show us that DUKE was a meta. Goddamn, are all stories this hard for you?
>>
>>93850448
Snyder was saying that the whole idea of someone with powers being called a metahuman comes from that one doctor who flagged people with a strange metal in their blood as META.
>>
Well at least Didio's story > continuity philosophy can reverse rthis.

But damn, this is a huge crack for rebirth, it made secret empire look good.
>>
>>93850483
no he wasnt, thats your headcanon.
>>
>>93850483
do you have any evidence other than you misreading a reveal? No? then fuck off.
>>
>>93850505
Fortunately for you Snyder really loves spoonfeeding, so you won't be able to deny this for much longer.
>>
>>93850514
If the word "metahuman" wasn't commonly used in the DCU the reveal wouldn't have been shocking to Duke. Being called "meta" means nothing without that context.
>>
>>93849680
>There's two multiverses, 52 and and dark.

That's not what Convergence and Multiversity say.
>>
>>93850565
finding out you and your mom are metas is a pretty big deal, especially since Batman knew about it the entire time and didnt tell you. Joker was just explaining his fucking origin to him. The big reveal is that a bunch of people with metal in their blood have powers, including Duke. There is nothing to say that all metas are like that except for you jumping to conclusions like a baffoon.
>>
>>93850632
The doctor didn't flag them as meta after metahumans, he flagged as meta because he didn't have five characters to fully type out metal. Later on, people started calling other people with powers metahumans specifically because they were flagged as such, this is Snyder's great twist.
>>
>>93850703
>The doctor didn't flag them as meta after metahumans, he flagged as meta because he didn't have five characters to fully type out metal
No where does it say he didn't know the word META existed before hand.
>>
>>93850611
These are the only confirmed existing ones right? All others are just unknowns right?
>>
File: 1497409568302.png (1MB, 513x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1497409568302.png
1MB, 513x1117px
>>93833285
Naw, this is to introduce the idea of OTHER MULTIverses, Dark Multiverse "cancerverse" = Batmen all conquering/controlling shit.

Hypercrisis is the next step. After a multiverse goes Dark, The GENTRY move in and take it FULL EDGE, surrendering to hopelessness and cynicism and grotuitousness, then The GENTRY devours it/ uses it to fuel their shit (Multiversity 1&2)

Dark Multiverse is NOT Multiverse 2, "Our PREVIOUS VICTIM" (the Empty Hand, Multiversity 2) BUT I do think its a direct lead in.
>Snyder can't end events for shit, what lazier/cooler ending then at the last second The GENTRY appearing and devouring the Dark Multiverse?
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.