[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: how to into screenwriting for cartoon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: wanderdance.gif (300KB, 247x397px) Image search: [Google]
wanderdance.gif
300KB, 247x397px
I'm a writer who loves cartoons, collaborative writing, and the screenplay format. I have a couple of questions on this topic, and if anyone who knows these things, or is actually in the industry could help me out, that would be wonderful.

>Spec script or portfolio?
Obviously having both is essential, but which one do you send first? I heard spec scripts were falling to the wayside lately.

>Do you contact the company who owns the IP, or the station that it airs on?
I've never understood who to reach out to as a screenwriter. Sometimes it is the station owns the IP, but not always.

I know it's a long shot, but these questions have been bugging me. Thanks. Have a Wander.
>>
Only send what the company specifically asks you for. Anything else is liable to be deleted or shredded.

Nickelodeon holds a contest to get into their writer's program every year. Applications are open February. You need to write a spec script for that. Semi-finalists for this year's contest are being contacted this month.
>>
Search company websites and social media for internships, job openings, contests, mentor ship programs, whatever. Follow those instructions.

NEVER send a spec script of a show to the company that owns it. Send them a spec for a show they don't own. If you send them a spec of a show they do own, they will destroy it so that they're legally protected from you coming in later and saying "Hey, Fox stole my idea for an episode of The Simpsons! I'm gonna sue!"
>>
>>93828996
Realistically
>>93830199
>>93830263
Also post on /co/ with some greentexts, you'd be surprise who lurks here.
>>
>>93830199
>>93830263
>>93830852
Thanks for the info.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.