[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the art and the animation of the modern cartoons so fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: Spiderman animation.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman animation.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>Adventure Time has shitty art and mediocre animation
>Steven Universe has inconsistent art (sometimes "decent", sometimes shit) and shit animation
>Gumball has good CGI animation but bad 2D art
>StarVS has mediocre art and mediocre animation
>OK K.O Let's Be Heroes has godawful art and mediocre animation
>new DuckTales has decent art but mediocre animation
>Marvel cartoons are awful shit
>all the upcoming cartoons are shit in every way
The flat stick figures, the noodles arms, the flat color, the lack of shading and the flash-looking animation are everywhere and is getting worse every year. What went so fucking wrong? Why can't we have good shit like webm related?
>>
File: Vs the sinister six.webm (3MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
Vs the sinister six.webm
3MB, 512x288px
>>
Flash is cheaper. Flash is also not as good.
>>
File: Miss_Martian_and_Superboy.png (188KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Miss_Martian_and_Superboy.png
188KB, 640x360px
>>93828341
Don't lose hope. Young Justice season 3 is coming out. Eventually...
>>
>>93830462
This show looked pretty expensive to produce honestly. The animation in S1 was good and consistent, the finale and the Atlantis episode's art and animation were great. S2's animation dipped pretty bad at many points, and many characters looked off model many times.
>>
>>93828341
Let's not forget the long runners:
>The Simpsons went from having good animation to bad animation
>Family Guy went from having mediocre animation to shit animation

And that's the two examples hit the hardest. A large part of that has to do with multiple factors:
-Technology's gotten cheaper to use, both in terms of cost, and with shortcuts.
-Most modern animators (both domestic and overseas) are terrible at their jobs. This has been a problem with the Anime industry for years now as well, but is much more noticeable in American cartoons.
-Channels like Cartoon Network, Nick and Disney (and Fox, and Teletoon...) don't care about quality, just getting shit out on the air. Hence why they either do it in Flash/ToonBoom or hire some crappy or overworked Korean studio to animate for them.
>>
>>93829242
You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Flash is a program. Not a method of animation. The only thing stopping a Flash animation from being high quality is the person animating it.

>>93828341
Producers tell the animation team "Make it good, make it fast, and make it cheap."
They obviously can't do all 3, and the producers only really care about making it cheap and fast, so the quality suffers. That's the long and short of it. Anyone who talks about "flash animation" or "CGI" ruining modern animation quality is just parroting memes and has no real insight into the animation industry
>>
File: IMG_2535.png (52KB, 204x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2535.png
52KB, 204x240px
>>93828341
You know OP, at first your negative response to modern animation devastated me. After all they manage to squeeze in so many details into them with the limited resources they're given, how could a well-versed yet esthetic person like yourself have been so disappointed?
But then I realize that, much to the contrary, your animated standards are simply much higher than a normal human beings. For this reason I, as well as many other people that are sure to follow, have come to think of you as a "mentor" of sorts, a perceptive beacon towards which others might sail their wayward animation ships.
We can all only hope to continue to look to you as a messiah for animated progress in the future, and that your voice will be one that will continue to reach out and touch the hearts and minds of others as you have done today.
>>
File: BATMAN TAS villians art.jpg (27KB, 559x158px) Image search: [Google]
BATMAN TAS villians art.jpg
27KB, 559x158px
Your 90s cartoons looked like shit, OP.
>>
File: Thor vs Graviton.webm (3MB, 480x267px) Image search: [Google]
Thor vs Graviton.webm
3MB, 480x267px
>>93831668
>post webm of 2008 Spider-man
>yet /co/mblr resort to nostalgia memes
Sad
>>
>>93828341
so are you complaining about animation or art style?

because most of the shit you list is literally art style and not animation at all, I get the feeling you don't know anything about animation and are just trying to find a way to express that you liked the way things used to be and dislike the way they are now, basically your a dumb nostalgia fag
>>
>>93828341
You don't know how fortunate you are, anon. If you consider today's animation to be mediocre, I can only image how you'd feel growing up in the 70's/early 80's. A limited variety of true mediocrity on a handful of stations, and not even the internet to complain about it on.
>>
Nothing like the gay old times
>>
>>93828341
Its more difficult, and most importantly NO ONE CARES. Not hard to figure out. You are not the majority. People are satisfied with their simple animation and comedy centered sitcom cartoons.
>>
>>93828341
Castlevania and Samurai Jack are as good as it's going to get, sad to say. Even the latter's animation can get pretty choppy, despite some good choreography.

I'm curious as to what's bad about Marvel's animation. I've only seen bits of it when it's on TV, and they mostly look mediocre (especially when compared to SSM), but I wouldn't label the animation as "awful shit".
>>
>>93831668
>>93831920
Don't forget

>Uses fucking Batman TAS as an example, instead of something more forgettable like Sonic SATAM or one of the Marvel cartoons

Like jesus, is the bait even worth it if it makes you look retarded?
>>
>>93834832
Avengers Assemble and the newest Spider-man cartoon based on Homecoming barely use any shaders, have no art style to speak of, backgrounds look like ass, characters are static, fights are very choppy. Its just an eye sore. And not saved by its writing or characters. Earth's Mighties Heroes wasn't especially good looking but it had a lot of action and fun stories.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.