[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Legacy UNCANNY AVENGERS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 197002_1115125_1003.jpg (453KB, 2100x3181px) Image search: [Google]
197002_1115125_1003.jpg
453KB, 2100x3181px
The boys are back

UNCANNY AVENGERS #28

(W) JIM ZUB
(A/CA) SEAN IZAAKSE

STARS AND GARTERS
Part Avengers and part X-Men. Two of Earth’s mightiest heroes and two of Earth’s mightiest friends. And when it comes to super-heroics, Wonder Man and the Beast have seen it, done it, and they got the T-shirt. When the world throws you cosmic conflict, global calamity, death, rebirth and heartache aplenty, it's important to remember where your friends are. Join us for “A Pint or Two,” won't you?
>>
>>93820381
>No Wonder Man disgusted at what Beast has become.
Lame.
>>
>>93820404

It's not like he hasn't gone crazy and evil a few times in the past.
>>
>>93820381
>Beast and Wonder Man actually together again on a regular basis instead of just for one brief appearance
Oh shit
>>
>>93820381
>Expecting nostalgiafags to pick up this book after all the shit that Race Traitor McCoy has done

Marvel really has no idea how much they've fucked things up, have they?
>>
>>93820404
>Implying that anyone other than mutants disgusted by him
>>
>>93820381
>JIM ZUB
Nah...
>>
Has anyone storytimed the most recent issue of Uncanny Avengers that came out today?
>>
Five years too late, Marvel.

I don't purchase your products any more. Just voting with my wallet, like Quesada and Brevoort told me to
>>
>Just as one person’s interpretation of art isn’t the same as another’s, I’m sure you have your own take on how things are shaping up with things moving towards Marvel Legacy. In your opinion, does Uncanny Avengers #28 take one of the first steps in building a new bridge to the future for the X-Men and the Avengers in that Legacy landscape?

Tom Brevoort: That’s a mighty big goal you’ve laid out, one that I think may be beyond the scope of any single title to accomplish. But Uncanny Avengers will continue to be the series that operates “across the aisle” between the worlds of the Avengers and the X-Men (and also the worlds of the Fantastic Four and the Inhumans and just about everybody else). It’s not a new bridge precisely — and the fact that we’re turning our Legacy storyline on reuniting the vintage bromance of Wonder Man and the Beast underscores that. These guys have been best buddies for decades, with no divide between A and X truly separating them. Additionally, though, we’ll also be seeing some classic mutant villains in these coming issues, folks whom we haven’t often seen go up against any iteration of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. So yes, Uncanny Avengers will continue to illustrate on a monthly basis that the Marvel Universe is just that — a shared universe, and not simply a collection of individual publishing lines where never the twain shall meet.
>>
>How do you feel about your involvement in Uncanny Avengers #28? Are you comfortable with the brainstorming? Were any ideas left on the cutting room floor, and maybe you’d like to re-examine them at a later date?

Jim Zub: Every story I come up with generates a host of other possibilities. That's the nature of brainstorming. I'm always jotting down notes that don't get used in case they spark other story ideas for this series or for completely different projects.

Working on Uncanny Avengers is a blast because it draws from so much history and gives it a new spin. The series acts as connective tissue to the shared Marvel Universe. Characters from different groups and backgrounds, including some of the oldest and most recognizable in the entire MU, working together for the greater good. Getting to collaborate with incredible artists like Sean Izaakse and Tamra Bonvillain, who elevate those ideas and the script to make every page look so good, is better still. It keeps me inspired, striving to do my best to live up to their hard work.

Tom Brevoort: I feel like Jim and artist Sean Izaakse are crafting a series that will be of paramount interest to Marvel readers of all stripes, and one that will retain its relevance no matter which corner of the MU you might be the most interested in. They’re like the Beast and Wonder Man of the book (you can decide which is which.)
>>
>As this book looks at Beast and Wonder Man, and both heroes are about as old school as you can get when it comes to Marvel history, the “Stars and Garters” tag shows that there are plenty of insider jokes that could be swapped between the two, given their history. But new readers who may not be as fluent with stories that range back to the 70s could be left puzzled if too many references hedge on encyclopedic knowledge. So a balance is needed for this story, yes? How did you weigh such word chemistry when formulating the dialogue for these two heroes?

Jim Zub: There's that old adage about "every comic could be someone's first" and I try to think about that when I'm writing. Continuity is an incredible sandbox of ideas and shared creativity, but I don't want anyone to feel like they don't understand what we're talking about. This kind of nostalgia has to be rooted in context, not just "*- see issue XX" captions or the like.

What's important is giving a clear sense that these two characters have a shared history, a real bond of friendship and comradery. The specifics might go over the head of newer readers, but they'll understand the emotional part and that's the core of it. I don't need to know every in-joke to see that people are close.

In addition, it's important to make sure that it's not just navel gazing for the sake of it. Looking back and taking stock of what you've done has a purpose. It helps you understand how you got to where you are, and decide who you want to be in the future. Wonder Man and Beast are coming to a crossroads. It's a good time to look back before they move forward.
>>
>Beyond "Stars and Garters" as Beast's famous catchphrase, is there any other meaning there?

Jim Zub: Well, the term "stars and garters" originally refereed to the "Order of the Garter," which is the third highest order of chivalry in the British Knighthood. When you get that honor you get a medal with a fancy star. Since the 1700's it's been a slightly silly term of surprise and exasperation, but I expect Beast uses it because it shows his academic leanings. He's erudite and not prone to cursing.

That said, I think the title is a nice callback to that classic phrase Beast uses but also reflects our approach to the story. Beast is trying to reconnect with who he used to be after traumatic times and difficult choices in recent years and his friendship with Simon Williams is a big part of that. The Beast who was an Avenger was an explorer and adventurer with a keen mind and a good heart. He rolled with the punches with wit and an optimistic attitude. Marvel Legacy is also about acknowledging the past while looking forward with hope into the future.
>>
Zub is a great salesman as what he describes in interviews is always vastly superior to what he puts on paper.
>>
>Miracle Man ignores Beast running concentration camps and experiments on his fellow humans.
Dark Beast is soft and cuddly in comparison.
>>
>>93820404
>>93820436
>>93820497
>>93820540
Beast hasn't become anything, he is a fucking hero.
Keeping your race from risking human genocide just to create more people with precious fucking "powers" isn't betraying them. It's keeping them from being morally depraved selfish scum of the earth.
Beast morality wise is the Clark Kent / Superman of the X-Men.
>>
File: 67b.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
67b.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>93820381

>Beast and Wonder Man are the faces of fun and comedy in the Marvel Universe.
>>
>>93821030
Beast didn't keep anyone from anything. And when Emma wanted to gather everyone to fight Inhumans, he was about to go to Medusa and snitch. If not for Storm frying his ass.
And Beast is running a concentration camp in his country now.
Oh, and he experimented on Toad and Wolfsbane.
What a hero he is.
>>
>>93820381
Why they don't just cancel this shit?
>>
>>93821232
Sells. Unlike ultimates the canon wank with mary sues.

Usavengers needs to be axed soon though. Only losers like self hating whites like ewing..
>>
>>93820404
That already happened in A+X.
>>
>>93820646
I like to pretend it ended when Duggan left
>>
>>93821723
I didn't hate the previous issue. But yea it was a noticeable dip in quality. I just want someone to storytime it to see if it's still worth reading
>>
File: shocker gauntlets.jpg (165KB, 1006x808px) Image search: [Google]
shocker gauntlets.jpg
165KB, 1006x808px
>>93820908
His uncanny avengers isn't terrible so far.
>>
>>93821138
A concentration camp in a 'country' that Emma runs.
>>
>>93821973
Xorn, actually. Emma and Beast are in the same position.
>>
>>93820436

>Amoral, treacherous, Beast, ally to fascists
>Violent, unstable steroid-rage super-terrorist Wonderman

This team-up could be so much more interesting than trying to ignore it all so we can pretend they're still heroes.
>>
>>93821760
Because of SHOCKWAVES you dumb cunt.
>>
>>93821760
Without Stegman or Larraz I don't have a big interest in reading it.
>>
>>93820381
Uncanny Avengers is a weird book. It's theoretically supposed to be an Avengers/X-Men hybrid but it's also been a containment book for all the old-school Avengers characters the main book isn't using (so at the time of Avengers 2, Remender was assigned to do the stories with Scarlet Witch, Vision, Quicksilver, Pym and Ultron because Hickman wasn't using any of them).

Duggan's version was good though, even though the "Deadpool and his Avenger buddies" premise was dumb, it worked.
>>
>>93820381
The cover is actually by R.B. Silva, so 100% same creative team.
>>
>>93820404
If anyone can understand being fucked over by bad writing and Bendis, it's Wonderman.
>>
File: Uncanny Avengers - Axis 006-012.jpg (264KB, 1830x560px) Image search: [Google]
Uncanny Avengers - Axis 006-012.jpg
264KB, 1830x560px
>>93827467
Who in the book hasn't been fucked over by Bendis? Rogue, I guess. Yet.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.