[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: bulbbelow.jpg (445KB, 1800x1732px) Image search: [Google]
bulbbelow.jpg
445KB, 1800x1732px
THE PART IS OUT.

https://www.sbnation.com/a/17776-football/livermore-california
>>
That was some serious bad luck
>>
>>93820151
I am torn between this ending so soon. On one hand, I like his writing and have gotten surprisingly invested.

On the other hand, it's nice to have a short and sweet comic that isn't dragged out, and ends before a fandom can really form around it.
>>
>>93820648
I don't know if you can stop fandom. If it happens it happens. This concept lends itself to small stories about the normal people.
>>
>>93820648
>>93820737

There's already a bunch of art and tumblrs forming around this. Internet moves pretty fast. That said, the fact that it's wrapping up this week will keep the fandom size to a minimum.

Don't expect a Satellite cosplay explosion like Homestuck, basically.
>>
File: centennial-lightbulb.jpg (36KB, 794x502px) Image search: [Google]
centennial-lightbulb.jpg
36KB, 794x502px
Good night sweet prince ;-;
>>
>>93820151
So what is this?
>>
>>93821875
It's a story about satellites and immortality

And, tangentially, football.
>>
>>93821875
I think you can go from the beginning from here: https://www.sbnation.com/a/17776-football/
>>
>>93821542
That would be a pretty weird cosplay regardless
>>
So is there a better place to discuss than 4chan? It seems like no one gives a shit here
>>
>>93822312
The current themes I've seen in fanart has been human satellite-tans, robot versions of satellites, & humans with satellite heads.

Doable by internet dudes and ladies. I've seen weirder cosplay at cons.

>>93823537
There's been a few threads, but also freaking out over it being Not /Co/. Media stuff like this and podcasts have problems fitting into a lot of the sections here.
>>
Just got to chapter 2. This is weird, but kinda cool.
>>
>>93823537
No idea, most of twitter seems to just be people saying others should read it.

I like it a lot but I'm kind of at the point where I need to see how it ends before I try to discuss it. I'm not really sure where it's going yet.
>>
>>93824071
Well a 200 pound football shot from a cannon on top of Denali just obliterated a 15000 year old national landmark, is that discussable?
>>
>>93823537
It was posted to /co/ when somebody compared it to Homestuck.

Personally, I don't mind it being here. It seems to be too /sp/ for /lit/, and it's too /lit/ for /sp/, and I dunno anywhere else it would fit. It's almost like podcasts; where the hell do you talk about podcasts when they're too X for Y and too Y for Z?
>>
File: 1497165258672.jpg (53KB, 750x557px) Image search: [Google]
1497165258672.jpg
53KB, 750x557px
With three updates left it doesn't seem unreasonable to think that the lightbulb breaking is the catalyst that puts the 'plot' into the endgame. However I also thought yesterday's update ending on the topic of children would lead into more backstory shit and here we are.
>>
>>93824816
I think most podcasts would go to the parent board, like word balloon interviews get talked about here when relevant.

But this is too visually involved to be /lit/ and /sp/ isn't really for fantasy style fiction. I don't get people arguing that it shouldn't be /co/ just because the animation is very simple and mostly edited images.
>>
>>93824479
That is weird because I had assumed the nanos would protect it like they seemingly have with the buildings and shit. But I'm not sure what it might mean.
>>
File: 1479055582112.jpg (358KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479055582112.jpg
358KB, 900x900px
I've said this in a previous thread, but I REALLY want to see more from this universe. It's so creative and lends itself to many creative stories and offshoots.

Honestly, I'm okay with fanfiction, but knowing its audience it might just be the satellites comings out as a genderfluid demiqueer or some shit.

FUCK.
>>
>>93826630
It's kind of gotten a hold of by some of that audience. But yeah, I'm digging what lore there is.

I still keep imagining Europe using soccer to promote/relegate communities into towns or cities, or other social-political decisions. Or spiral into zoning nightmares like Denver vs Pittsburg.
>>
File: Sputnik.jpg (35KB, 540x396px) Image search: [Google]
Sputnik.jpg
35KB, 540x396px
Other random 17776 thoughts: Think Ten had similar hopes as Nine several millennial prior, before morphing into rage then finally cynicism as she realized that this was humanity's final form.
>>
>>93826630
>I'm coming out as a pansexual.
>ten you're a satellite
>even if you were able to break from the natural programming of binary
>because
>you know
>you have a computer for a brain
>you still don't have a cooch
>>
>>93826864
On that note, why did Ten awaken Nine in the first place? Is she trying to wake up all the probes?
>>
>>93825150
They haven't explicitly stated that the nanos are keeping the buildings together, but if the firemen's reaction is anything to go by, probably not.
>>
>>93827088
Ten might have periodically sent messages to Nine just to test if he had reached sapience.
>>
>>93825150
They probably just wanted it to stay up on its own, you know? Keep at least a little bit of the city human.
>>
>>93827348
There's probably not much pre-Immortality stuff left that hasn't been reconstructed either by people or nanos.
>>
>>93827076
Thanks to the magic of the internet, Ten can be a 9' tall girl-type robot.
>>
>>93826630
>>93826713
Where are the writefags when you need them.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.