[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prowler thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Prowler_Vol_2_6.jpg (171KB, 1296x1967px) Image search: [Google]
Prowler_Vol_2_6.jpg
171KB, 1296x1967px
Let's talk Prowler. Honestly I'm surprised he didn't get a bit more exposure in Homecoming than he did. I mean let's face it, after Venom and Black Cat, he's arguably the most viable spin-off character. Especially with Donald Glover, a current media golden boy playing him. Certainly prowler makes more sense than a random buddy film pairing of super villains.

Also, was his "ongoing" series actually just a miniseries in disguise like the big two keep doing these days? Because I'm getting pretty sick of that move
>>
I feel like Homecoming was just blowing through way too many villains and I doubt they will all get fully fleshed out.
>>
>>93813670

I personally think that Miles' Uncle as the Prowler was the best Prowler.

In all honesty, I really cannot remember much about the character. He doesn't really have a strong hook.
>>
>>93813712
Well Scorpion seemed like he was just being burned through but then they seemed to set him up for the sequel. Prowler, Tinkerer and Shocker will never be able to carry a movie or even half, so not a real loss there. And Hobgoblin is third in line in a series of goblin characters that will likely not be touched for at least several movies.
And Vulture isn't entirely our of the picture.
So I guess of those the only one I'd say was potentially wasted was Shocker, but outside of deep fanboy circles he's either an unknown or a joke character so that's about the best you can expect for him.
Assuming no redos on previous villians the obvious remaining candidates are Scorpion, Mysterio, Chameleon, and Kraven for classic villians, so that's at least two movies worth.
>>
>>93813770
Yeah but the one thing about the character, reformed criminal turned hero, is a story that always goes over well.

Think about it: Donal Glover plays Aaron Davis, a criminal who's not actually a bad person. After meeting spider-man and dealing with the vulture & Co he's inspired to up his game by either creating or acquiring upgraded tech to suit up in. After getting in too far with a super criminal element (maybe Tombstone) he realizes he has to overcome his sense of self preservation and help save his borough. Cast a veteran actor as the bad guy, introduce Miles, and throw in a Childish Gambino track and the Internet will go crazy with goodwill toward Sony.

Maybe it'll even do pretty big business
>>
>>93813670
I think it was supposed to be an actual ongoing but bombed hard enough for it to only get one arc. It's unfortunate. I was somewhat looking forward to it and it was nice to see them pushing an existing black hero instead of just replacing a white hero with a black newcomer, but while the writing and artwork were decent, it was doomed to fail.

>Hey, let's give Prowler an ongoing!
>But first, let's kill him off, replace him with a clone, then have the first arc be a tie-in for a Spider-Man event.
>Never mind, it turns out the real Hobie was alive all along and the clone we wasted the first arc on is dead now.
>What do you mean sales are bad?
>>
>>93813959
I didn't realize I wanted Tombstone in a movie until this post.
Can you even do Tombstone though? Not just the optics issues from a previous standpoint, what does he even look like as a real person? Probably not like a real albino.
>>
>>93813880
Shocker with no costume upsets me. Also, Chameleon is a really low villain for a Spider film because he can't put up a fight.
>>
>>93814019
That is really disappointing. I was also kind of looking forward to pushing an established character, I just had no interest in reading a lame tie-in for the first issues, and probably would have picked it up after but it did just sort of... Stop
>>
>>93814040
>Can you even do Tombstone though?
...why wouldn't you be able to?
>>
>>93814041
Honestly the next Spider-Man movie is probably going to be radically different regardless, since it came out that the next film happens immediately after the second Infinity War movie, and is supposed to usher in the next era of Marvel movies. I was just following the obvious bread crumbs regarding Scoprion, though you could do him plus a Daily Bugle plot, with a Prowler subplot interwoven.
>>
>>93814094
I guess it just seems that "albino black guy that punches people and runs a crime syndicate" is a hard sell to me. And like I said, I have a hard time visualizing him not as a comic book character.
But maybe that's just me.
>>
File: albino-african-black-man.jpg (49KB, 631x843px) Image search: [Google]
albino-african-black-man.jpg
49KB, 631x843px
>>93814161
>And like I said, I have a hard time visualizing him not as a comic book character.

Probably something like pic related. But I'd really exaggerate it. Give him straight milk-white skin and cloudy blue eyes and whatnot.
>>
>>93813712
>>93813880
>>93814041
>>93814134
I'm not talking having prowler really be a main villain for a spider-man movie, just that I'm surprised Sony didn't want a bit more screen time for him, with how much they're trying to franchise the spider universe, and casting a pretty big name as the character
>>
>>93814040
>>93814094
>>93814161
>>93814239
Eh. Just drop the albino angle and make him survive some kind of accident that makes his skin actual Grey stone and gives him super strength. Makes the name fit better too
>>
>>93814308
This would work perfectly fine, too.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.