[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does this make you feel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 521
Thread images: 70

File: killyourfamily.jpg (122KB, 640x958px) Image search: [Google]
killyourfamily.jpg
122KB, 640x958px
how does this make you feel?
>>
Why would it make me feel anything in 2017 when we've all already dealt with it when it actually happened?
>>
>>93813188
Meh.
>>
>>93813188
>Being gay is fine, as long as you're dating someone rich.
>>
>>93813188
eh, good for them that the parents accepted it.

OP why do I feel like you were expecting to get responses of people being mad?
>>
>>93813269
wouldn't you take it in the ass if it meant living the high life and never working again
>>
>>93813280
people always get mad in avatar threads
>>
>>93813188
Indifferent
>>
File: 1484298000470[2].jpg (144KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1484298000470[2].jpg
144KB, 550x550px
>>93813188
You really expected something else?
>>
Korra and Asami turning out to be lesbians without any previous hint is the least of LoK's problems.
>>
>>93813188
ill have fun reading these with /co/
>>
>>93813324
there were hints. they just decided to do it at the end so they crammed all the hints into one season making it feel super shoe-horned. It's not like they suddenly gay in the final ep. they were just suddenly gay in the final season
>>
File: unnamed.png (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
15KB, 300x300px
>>93813354
>suddenly
>>
>>93813324
>lesbians
bisexuals

>without any previous hint
There were a number of hints.
>>
>>93813188
Wait, the comic is out already or is this just a preview?
>>
>>93813188
in old time wasn't it expected for people to get married, for the sake of procreation and social standing. people were still gay. It's the idea that they didn't marry for love.

I'm overthinking this, it's not a documentry.
>>
>>93813383
When you're always wearing the yuri goggles, it's hard to tell what's actual subtext and what's just wishful thinking.
>>
If you're going to be a lesbian at least do you dad a fucking solid and get knocked up even by a sperm donor to continue the blood line.

I guess he can have another kid if he still has swimmers and the mom still has eggs

But she's getting old
>>
>>93813354
It is shitty story telling but hardly the worst part.
My biggest issue with LoK is the how they manage to make great antagonist, season 2 not counting because it is entirely shit, just to ruin them and turn them into cliche mustache twirling, tophat wearing being bad just because in the final season episodes.
>>
>>93813422
>yuri goggles
Tumblr wearing homo-goggles. Look at the fucking Voltron blogs.
>>
>>93813431
I'm honestly surprised they only had one kid. They seem like they would be fucking constantly. Maybe the Avatar world has some amazing herbal birth control.
>>
File: how to spot the shipper.jpg (76KB, 744x417px) Image search: [Google]
how to spot the shipper.jpg
76KB, 744x417px
>>93813188
better version
>>
>>93813432
never said it was the worst part. I agree on the villain thing.

I was also super disappointed with what they did with the original cast. Like I know Aang had to be dead, but I feel like every other character got a raw deal never got the chance to do anything interest.

I rewatched ATLA to show it to a friend earlier this year and it really made me see how much squandered potential there was in Korra
>>
>>93813432
They only did that to Zaheer. Amon and Kuvira were actually humanized a lot in their respective finale.
>>
>>93813188
I know it's not intended, but you can really see this as them being genuinely shocked and then plastering on a fake smile.

Must suck having your strong water tribe bloodline end like that. No grandkids, either.
>>
>>93813432
Don't forget clusterfucking the Avatar lore into a retarded mess that doesn't match up with the series' original symbolism.
>>
If them being together means literally nothing why even have this page
>>
>>93813593
You're fucking straight male!
>>
>>93813593
What do you mean it means literally nothing? What did it "mean" for her and Mako to be together in s2?
>>
Not /pol/shitting, but aren't they some kind of a fucking tribals? The instant acceptance seems realy weird.
>>
>>93813685
>aren't they some kind of a fucking tribals
All the more reason to accept it. Asami is fucking loaded.
>>
>>93813295
I'd take it in the ass if it meant eating regularly
>>
>>93813702
They don't need money. Sokka made them all rich by discovering oil.

What they do need is a bigger population.
>>
>>93813483
Honestly, he's the chief of his tribe. There was no reason only to HAVE one kid. Especially a daughter who's also the avatar. Once they found out, you'd have expected them to get to work on another heir pretty quick.
>>
>>93813706
>t. Rickety Cricket
>>
File: IMG_2061.png (329KB, 657x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2061.png
329KB, 657x360px
>>93813590
>The Avatar is a connection between the Material Workd and The Spirit World and exists to personify and bring about balance and order in the world
>Lol no it's just a generic Good Spirit vs. evil spirit bullshit

>The Spirits are these Ancient Ethereal Beings, Sometimes Benevolent Sometimes Malevolent, but always Terrifying with their Inhumanity
>Lol no jk they're chibi Pokémon knockoffs now

>Being Able to Master even one style of bending is a feat that usually takes either many years of training, or extraordinary circumstances, with Aang Mastering one style of bending by the age of 12 being fucking miraculous
>But a Little girl can master three different behind styles before the age of ten, including her polar opposite, without a lick of spirituality while somehow still having the stubbornness of a bull and the brains of one two.
>>
>>93813188
Good for them. I don't even read/watch this shit
>>
File: Taiji2.jpg (33KB, 680x320px) Image search: [Google]
Taiji2.jpg
33KB, 680x320px
>>93814347
>Lol no it's just a generic Good Spirit vs. evil spirit bullshit
This is what gets me the most, especially because they got the fucking concepts wrong. White(yang) is aggressive, domineering, masculine. Black(yin) is submissive, subdued, feminine.

And they had the chance to actually factor wuji into this, which is the infinite void from which both factors spring to define the universe. That could have been a REALLY cool plot for how the avatar is the avatar because THEY LITERALLY CREATED EVERYTHING FUCK.

>Lol no jk they're chibi Pokémon knockoffs now
Don't forget how they apparently took over the human world until Wan sent them back, after which Korra lets them out to do it again.

>But a Little girl can master three different behind styles before the age of ten, including her polar opposite, without a lick of spirituality while somehow still having the stubbornness of a bull and the brains of one two.
B-but anon! It was memey!
>>
>>93813493
>"Way to go, Son!"
Or daughter in this case.
>>
>oh no, my daughter is dating a rich industrialist and can't get knocked up
>>
>>93813431
>>93813483
>>93813556
>>93813685
>>93813792
Korra's father is probably fucking happy that his retarded spawn is never going to reproduce.
Think about it: the man has to live everyday of his life knowing that it's his fault that Korra got unleashed in their world.
>>
>>93813188
I might be completely off base here but for a while now at least it seems like the cliché has become the parents are one hundred percent supportive and gung ho about their kid being gay.

I find it kind of annoying because even the most supportive parents tend to at least be shocked a bit.
>>
so this is what Korra turned into. From being the avatar to a the woman of color and a lesbian. That's her entire character
>>
>>93813392
number? there wasn't any, they never got along as much as Korra did with Mako, They barely saw each other, there was no motive of them being lovers. The entire coupling is forced and thrown out of nowhere
>>
>>93816596
Impressive that you can tell that from one page where she says like a dozen words.
>>
>>93816639
is not like she had actual highlights besides being a whiny cunt
>>
>>93813791
wait, Sokka did that to the water tribe? I might've missed that
>>
Most of the Avatar world is pre-modern in atmosphere so it's ridiculous that her parents are totally OK with having no descendants.
>>
>>93814439
>This is what gets me the most, especially because they got the fucking concepts wrong. White(yang) is aggressive, domineering, masculine. Black(yin) is submissive, subdued, feminine.
To be fair, they couldn't get it right because it's offensive for the western mindset. You know, implying females are inherently submisive and shit. It makes a lot of sense for Asians but westerners prefer the old Zoroastrian dichotomy that they adopted as Christianity
>>
>>93813354
>It's not like they suddenly gay in the final ep
It actually is.
There was no buildup.
>>
>>93816765
They are also Inuit inspired and those even have a pretty gay friendly history.
>>
Season 4 was fucking great until the last episode.

>sudden gayness that really wasn't hinted apart from them being close after Korra went PTSD and one blush once that could have just been due to flattery
>Kuvira is a boss-ass villain who makes the hard choices because it's necessary in order to unify the world because Zaheer was fucking right about the Earth Queen and lineage - until it's suddenly "you're afraid so you hurt people, oh no, Tumblr-tier character basis"
>>
File: 1497468157174.png (593KB, 910x915px) Image search: [Google]
1497468157174.png
593KB, 910x915px
Man, if all this comic is really about is everyone congratulating Korra for overcoming her heterosexual urges, this will be a boring slog.

Maybe I'll stick with Gwenpool. She would only turn gay if it meant more readers. And she isn't that desperate... yet.
>>
>>93813188
Now that I think about it, it kinda makes sense. The Fire Nation would do raids which would kill off men and water benders. Almost all the men of the Southern Water Tribe went to war for years and many to never came back. That leaves a lot of lonely, needy and cold women to find comfort of all sorts in each other.
>>
File: whorra.jpg (127KB, 640x958px) Image search: [Google]
whorra.jpg
127KB, 640x958px
>>
>>93816793
>Korra and asami are super close, even in s1
>fighting over the same guy, they still have no ill will towards each other
>remain super duper close the entire time
>s4 starts, korra only messages asami while finding herself

but yeah, okay, it's 'out of nowhere'.

apparently every show needs to hit you over the head with the pairing or else it has 'no buildup'.
>>
>>93817597
Late term abortions are legal in the water tribe, I'm sure.
>>
>>93817726
korra and asami were hardly close in s1
hell, asami was barely any character in s1. she was more of a plot device to be acted upon
>>
>>93813188
The only thing that stands out as a bit strange is how easily her parents accepted the whole thing, considering they're from the Southern Water Tribe. I figure maybe the Northern Tribe would be a little more progressive given it was never reduced down to a bumfuck igloo village, but who knows.

It's still all good because at least we avoided a stupid fucking "oh noes you're GAY? Time for another lesson on bigotry and oppression!" plot.
>>
>>93813392
>There were a number of hints.
There were far more hints that Mako and Bolin were gay for each other.
>>
>>93813188
Can we please forget Korra existed already?
>>
There is perhaps no greater dip in quality in animation history than from Airbender to Korra.
>>
>>93813508
I still don't get why Katara never gotten a damn statue
>>
>>93817859
BTAS to new adventures.

then again, BTAS had shitty animation too.
>>
>>93813685
"Two Soft Things" is inuit for lesbians so it's not that strange
>>
>>93813681
To pull the lesbian card oftentimes means you want to make controversy, or show how hard life is for lesbians. If neither of these is happening, there is no narrative reason for this lesbian relationship. Just fandom pandering, which should never be done.
>>
>>93817778
Asami was barely a character in any season. She's such a non character that her father's death barely matters worth shit to anyone. Not even her supposed lover.
>>
>>93817843
The gay agenda won't let us forget. Now quit being homophobic and join us in praising bad writing, its the gay tumblr way.
>>
>>93817935
http://www.newnownext.com/a-new-documentary-explores-the-hidden-history-of-gay-inuits/03/2016/
>>
>>93813188
Yeah yeah, that's real nice.

Who else is tired of seeing the same coming out scene in media? Nowadays you can't have any conflict or drama about social issues so everybody has this phony "Wow that's great!" attitude. You never see well-meaning parents be concerned and ask their child if they're sure and not just following a passing fad or fancy or even jokingly go "Well there go our grandchildren!" anymore. It's like the people in fiction are so concerned with being tolerant that they stop having even basic human emotional responses and end up looking wooden and fake.
>>
>>93816982
>the fucking mech
>>
>>93816784
I don't think it's appropriate with US's history of whites and blacks and all
>>
>>93818075
I hope you're actively trying to shootist and aren't actually this retarded
>>
>>93814347
>chibi Pokémon knockoffs now
Most of which are apparently hyper autistic, and their presence is repeatedly shown to be more detrimental to humans than anything else. Even the spirit-friendly proto-Air Nomads still had to hide on their lion turtle.
>>
File: 1499865731834.png (323KB, 744x417px) Image search: [Google]
1499865731834.png
323KB, 744x417px
>>93813493
>>
>>93818042
Catholism doesn't exist in the avatar world to teach homophobia tho and consume water tribes into their fold like what happened to the Inuits. But since they're in corrupted, their gay friendly values weren't erased yet
>>
What's wrong with being gay?
>>
>>93818231
it's gay
>>
>>93817843
Korra permanently altered how the Avatar universe works and mostly for the worse. It's impossible to ignore, and maybe even to patch up in the aftermath. Because you know Bryke will never admit that all the newly homeless Republic City citizens are entirely correct in being pissed off at Korra. Or the people across the globe who now have to deal with the existence of spirit vine-powered superweapons, and pissy spirits in general. OR acknowledge the inevitable political fallout from having half of Republic City devastated (and the entire Earth Empire collapsing in on itself).
>>
>>93818101
Your idea didn't sound that profound either. People will just complain the lore is ruined still since the void thing also was never talked about from last airbender
>>
>>93818056
It's because if you have any of those obvious human responses in real life, you're branded an ignorant bigot. If a fictional character shows them, they're automatically the bad guys.
>>
>>93818231
We don't really know. Some cultures allowed buttfucking like ancient Greece or feudal Japan but the fags still marry with women and have children. The gay identity is a recent western concept, product of the individualism and the self-definition in contrast with the feudal collectivism. We're still figurint out
>>
>>93818127
The Dad looks so disappointed
>>
>>93817912
Meant plot/characters more than the literal animation.
>>
>>93813188
Why would Korra make me feel anything?
>>
>>93816596
Aang and the rest of the gang are also persons of color
>>
>>93818303
I would argue that the gay identity is a reaction to, and rejection of, gay oppression which itself is a relatively recent invention in human history.
>>
>>93817729
Serious answer, Katara banned blood bending if you know what I mean
>>
>>93816596
Anon... there aren't any white people in this universe.

You got asians, Inuits, and other asians, and that's it.
>>
>>93814347
She didn't even remotely master them. You're almost entirely right don't hurt your argument by trying to tack on shitty points.
>>
>>93818303
>>93818378
I think this is correct. Gay pride is the product of the internalization of homosexuality as a lifestyle in and of itself rather than a lifestyle choice. You think to yourself "I am" and then your brain finishes for you "A GAY." Ancient civilizations didn't do this because your profession or your station in life was always more important to one's idea of self than who someone prefers to bone. In fact, in Greece they didn't even have a term for "homosexual" because the idea of a man only having sex with other men (and not just occasionally) wasn't a common enough idea to warrant it.
>>
I really dislike how this whole discussion poisoned the opportunity for any actual discussion or criticism of the series

I like Legend of Korra, but I also realize that the show has flaws and I would like to criticize those flaws, the dark Avatar idea is kinda lame, and is just as much unbalanced as having a regular Avatar, but state as such and people come out of the woodwork to talk about how Legend of Korra supposedly is the worst thing ever

But here's something though, even the people who didn't like it as a sequel series to Avatar the Last Airbender, imagine if Bryke tried to pull the same shit Disney pulled on Star Wars in The Force Awakens

>Fire Nation again threatening to invade the Earth Kingdom
>Zuko's kid turned out to be just as evil as his or her grandfather, kinda raising questions why anyone would allow such a twisted family to continue propagating, they also killed all but one airbender
> Korra is the same age as Aang in Last Airbender, and has to learn bending from Aang's old crew, but she is being hunted down by the Fire Nation, and everyone is looking for Aang's son Tenzin who vanished as the war began anew
> First season ends with the Fire Nation revealing a new airship fleet, and this time it's bigger than ever before, in fact it's so big that one airship is the length of several kilometer
> It gets destroyed very quickly by a rather anti climatic resistance
>>
>>93818574
Jar Jar Abrams was a mistake.
>>
>>93818387
Eh. Earth Kingdom seemed like a European-Chinese hybrid to me. Especially in the Republic City
>>
>>93818574
>the dark Avatar idea is kinda lame
I wouldn't have even minded if it were less "Dark Avatar" and more of an active counterbalance. The whole system seems to rely on the assumption that no Avatar will be a true evil dick. But the Avatar is at least half human, so what exactly is stopping one or more from going evil? There needs to be something out there that can take down a rogue Avatar as needed, but hang out in the background otherwise.
>>
File: 1930_Shanghai.jpg (314KB, 1597x649px) Image search: [Google]
1930_Shanghai.jpg
314KB, 1597x649px
>>93818875
Republic City wasn't in the Earth Kingdom though, I mean it's rightful Earth Kingdom territory, but state as such and you're suddenly a Kuviraist

As for Republic City it looks like a little bit more asianized version of early 20th century East Asian cities, who were clearly influenced by the Western great powers
>>
>>93818941
I still excuse it with the fact that you could just say that Unalaq was just nutty and Vaatu would of course use deception to get his chance to defeat Raava, but I would definitely like the idea more if Unalaq's plan was a bit more balanced, like what if his plan was to try to combine both Raava and Vaatu within Korra? Culminating in both a light Korra aspect and a dark Korra aspect having their spiritual throwdown at Republic City
>>
>>93818991
>As for Republic City it looks like a little bit more asianized version of early 20th century East Asian cities, who were clearly influenced by the Western great powers
Oh, yes, definitely. I'd say there's a very strong post-War Hiroshima and Nagasaki influence.
>>
>>93819079
>>93818941

>a team of the four best benders recruited to take out an evil avatar
>tfw it's Korra
Write this.
>>
>>93819212
Kuvira is evil Korra though
>>
>>93819336
Korra is evil Korra.

The writers just didn't realize it.

Seriously, look at her choices objectively.
>>
>>93819336
>Kuvira is evil but competent and actually brought order to an enormous balkanized region within only a few years
>Korra is good but fucks up at every turn and believes her biggest mistakes are straight up victories and will happily ignore the fallout

Christ, living in Korra's era must be hell if these are their two best choices.
>>
>>93819364
I like them

Commie basta- I mean Equalist bastards should all be put to heel

Letting the spirits into the physical world introduces a bit of danger back into the ecosystem,

Zaheer is just another retarded anarchist idiot

Her only mistake was not allying with Kuvira in ending that horrific Republic City bullshit
>>
>>93813188
the mother's a cutie
>>
>>93813188
Where's the sex scene?
>>
>>93813188
My first reaction is that this is progressive bullshit. Parents might accept homosexuality, but they are never fucking happy about it. No one is happy about hearing that your lineage has come to an end because your daughter is into muff instead of dicks.

But it's not too bad in context. Both native Indians and most Asians were surprisingly tolerant of homosexuality. Until the progressive Europeans taught those barbarians what god and modern society thinks about that shit.
>>
File: Itsthecurrentfuckingyear.png (857KB, 568x822px) Image search: [Google]
Itsthecurrentfuckingyear.png
857KB, 568x822px
>>93813188
Part 2
>>
File: 1499864482818.png (697KB, 640x958px) Image search: [Google]
1499864482818.png
697KB, 640x958px
>>93813188
>>
>>93820005
>My first reaction is that this is progressive bullshit.
You think? The ending really came out of nowhere. It's like they wanted to be progressive but they were too big of pussies to actually develop an actual relationship for fear of retaliation. So they came up with the hack solution of showing as little as possible and then acting like they were progressive the whole time.
>>
>>93819364
Korra is a shit character, but she's not evil
>>
>>93813188
It's exactly as expected, comepletely out of character. Oh and more virtue signalling from Bryke.
>>
>>93813354
It's exactly like they're suddenly gay in the final shot of the final episode. There's nothing leading up to it and it doesn't make sense given he characters and story up to that point.
>>
>>93820866
>It's exactly like they're suddenly gay in the final shot of the final episode. There's nothing leading up to it and it doesn't make sense given he characters and story up to that point.
Yeah, that's why everyone calls them out for the ending being nothing but low-effort PC attention move. The "build-up" was literally stuff like Korra complimenting Asami's hair, a completely normal comment between friends that any two heterosexual girls might make.
>>
>>93820866
>>93821069
A fun experiment would be to imagine what the series would be like if we didn't end on the suddenly lesbians note, but shippers still insisted KorraxAsami was legit. In that case, how would most of the fandom react?
>>
>>93821258
Like most desperate crackshipper fandoms.
>>
>>93821281
>>93821258
I more meant, would the fandom at large accept that as a valid interpretation or say it was reaching?
>>
>>93821314
They'd say it was reaching.
>>
>>93821314
>would the fandom at large accept that as a valid interpretation or say it was reaching?
>valid interpretation
>both characters dated a man
>for it to be legitimate, they'd both need to be bisexual or sexually confused
>at no point do any of them express feelings for women
>the extremely few "moments" between them in season 4 could easily be explained as normal interactions between girls

It'd be reaching, big time. That's why the ending is so bullshit.
>>
>>93821349
Well there you go. Obviously, those who say suddenly lesbians was well set up are wrong.
>>
>>93818127
This is the reality. Homosexuality is like autism: you just suddenly feel bad for the person who has that disability.
>>
>>93821069
But that's the thing, not enough people are calling them out, in fact there are a lot of people praising them for being brave and shit. They're possibly being rewarded for their at the very least lackluster portrayal of this.
>>
>>93821394
This isn't new information. Anyone with half a brain knows that. It just doesn't extend to yurifags.
>>
>>93821314
They'd say it was reaching. Even as it is now its reaching the only thing the ship's got going for it is that Bryke gave it their blessings..
>>
>>93818574
"It could've been worse" is not a valid defense against a bad product. The show is still (in the opinion of many) terrible, and nothing will change that.
>>
>>93813188

I didn't give half a fat shit about Korra before, and I don't now that she's full Openly Lesbian Pandering mode.
>>
>>93818127
The shape of Korra's mom's head reminds me of Assigned Male
>>
I sort of miss the day when the anime yuri lovers would clash with the contrarians who again crash with the /co/mblr users who clash with the shit stirrers
>>
File: IMG_0120.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0120.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
It would endear me more to the characters if anyone actually acted like real people.

"Called it."
"Tonraq, hush."
"Uh... right... we're very.. proud of you?"
As he turns to his wife to make sure this is the correct response.
".. and dinner's at six."

And when they tell Bolin and Mako, Bolin just looks off into the distance for a second, confused, and turns to Mako.

"Wait, you were going out with a GUY!?"
"What? No- they're both still girls."
"But how"
Followed by miming scissor hand gestures.
>>
>>93821509
>a bad product
Compared to what? I've got to say that I would be looking quite hard for a better fantasy show that includes both action and comedy, and does not shy away from themes like political upheaval and change
>>
>>93821674
This... sounds worse than what we're getting, thanks for making the comic more palpable to me

If someone had Mako doing the scissor gesture I would hate them
>>
>>93821747
"That doesn't make sense, there's no uhh.. Y'know.. Penetration."
"I'm telling you that's how they do it."
"Now how would you know how they do it? You know what, forget I asked. I'm gonna try not to think about you turning multiple women gay."
"That's not- you can't 'turn' gay."
"Apparently you can."
>>
File: 1458447853328.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458447853328.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>Two girls standing next to each other
THEY SHARE A CLOSE BOND YURI CONFIRMED
>Two girls kiss
SHOEHORN BULLSHIT BRYKE YOU HACK

How can these two statements exist on the same Scythian Pictogram V-log?
>>
>>93821907
>two people yearning for each other: classic literature remembered and revered centuries later
>two people actually get together: discount bin at the local shitty book store that only sells paperbacks
>>
>>93821907
>Building up a relationship through dialogue and character action
vs
>"And then they fucked"

Nobody ever fucked cared about them being gay, but they have no right to act proud of themselves for having gay characters when they didn't even do the first thing to establish that they were even gay or had feelings for each other in the first place. The Bolin relationship that went nowhere had ten times for development.
>>
>>93821674
>real people
>proceeds to type sitcom cliches
My day would have been better had I been not reminded that autism exists, but it's my own fault for coming here in the first place.
>>
File: 01580ef535dcfaa8db4123251c89f33c.jpg (212KB, 1800x1578px) Image search: [Google]
01580ef535dcfaa8db4123251c89f33c.jpg
212KB, 1800x1578px
>>93822185
>>
>>93822124
That's just you subconsciously rooting for Bolin because you identify with him. You want him to get the girl because you also want to get the girl.

I'm sure lots of gays out there identify with either Asami or Korra so they were rooting for that ship.

It's not hard to figure out once you realize that everybody does this to some degree.
>>
File: 738256278562876.png (609KB, 857x635px) Image search: [Google]
738256278562876.png
609KB, 857x635px
>>93813188
Daily reminder that Korra is the perfect female character and should be the mold for all future female characters and if you disagree you are sexist and homophobic
>>
File: 2688742-lucas.jpg (68KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
2688742-lucas.jpg
68KB, 600x300px
>>93822230
>wanting good storytelling and getting annoyed at hackery is because of sexual projection

Bruh, are you not aware of "heterosexual lenses."
>>
File: 3526262626.jpg (11KB, 229x200px) Image search: [Google]
3526262626.jpg
11KB, 229x200px
>>93820227
Not to mention they held hands.

AND

THAT

MAKES

THEM

BRAVE
>>
>>93822230
>That's just you subconsciously rooting for Bolin because you identify with him.
That's some serious assumptions there. I was using him as an example. If Korra had suddenly gotten with Bolin at least there would've been a basis for it. Asami and Korra never even had a scene together that implied romance until the very fucking last second.

I don't give two fucks about shipping in Korra at all. They're all unlikable dickwads and I just don't care who got together with who. But if we're going to pretend Korra and Asami are these "pround and brave" LGBT characters it's hard to ignore that they never did anything romantic together at all, ever. All the "romantic" subplots in this show were heterosexual relationships.
>>
>>93822230
Bolin atleast showed affection and romantic feelings towards Korra in their date episode. Which is more than can be said for Asami.
>>
>>93822261
daily counter-argument that if any character is perfect they stop being a character worth paying attention to
>>
>>93820110
underrated
>>
>>93822274
>Heterosexual lenses
That should be the name of an AR app. It could even out colors to make rainbows look blurry and grey.

Hmm... I should tell /g/...
>>
>>93822230
I personally just liked Korrasami because I liked the two characters, Bolin is nice, but by the end of the day he's a bit too much a discount Sokka, also dudes makes things gay
>>
>>93822185
The anons ideas aren't great but please show me even one sitcom with scissoring hand gestures

Because I have a feeling that you're mentally deficient
>>
>>93813188
>how does this make you feel?
>show and fans claim the relationship didn't come out of nowhere
>they devote an entire comic to fleshing out the relationship
it's almost like if they did it correctly than this comic would be unnecessary. It's not because it was an ass pull in the show.

Like seriously, how did anyone think that the ending of the show meant they wanted a relationship? It just seemed like Korra wanted to fuck Asami and let off some steam.
>>
>>93822398
What is there to like about? It's shallow and hurts both characters when they interact. I can't see how anyone liking Korra or Asami would be happy about Korrasami at all.
>>
File: 1361110619848.jpg (43KB, 506x506px) Image search: [Google]
1361110619848.jpg
43KB, 506x506px
Is there a western animation protagonist with as many legitimate potential sex partners than Korra?

Bitch had her pick of, like, four people.
>>
>>93813188
Nothing I feel nothing
Typical feel good liberal crap with characters who face no hardship in a world that coddles them
Ok, now I feel a bit of disgust just picturing the kind of adul that reads this crap because they can't emotionally handle anything else
Korra Should have never been a TV show, it would have worked better as a comic, not even a printed one and broke could share it with all his Tumblr friends
>>
File: 1495816913477.png (1MB, 1698x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1495816913477.png
1MB, 1698x1800px
>>93822488
Marco is getting up there
>>
>>93821683
The show that spawned this one is miles better in literally every aspect.

Also, there is nothing to "compare" it to, it's an outright abysmally done show. The pacing was awful, the characters were shallow and unlikable, the jump from simple cars and motorboats to "GIANT ROBOTS" was jarring and poorly done, the entire concept of a "dark avatar" could've been done well but was so poorly executed that it put Energy bending to shame, the fact that Korra releases the spirts into the mortal realm after Wan had worked so hard to put them back due to their rancid hatred of humanity was idiotic, the love triangles were grating and horrendously unessicary, the Equalists were an interesting concept than was horrendously dumb, it took the entirety of the mythos surrounding the Avatar established prior in canon material and took a giant dump on it, every single progressive theme that was tossed into the show was poorly handled and practically crammed down the audience's throat (Wan's whole ordeal with the people vs the government, Korra and Asami's sudden relationship at the end of the series, the not-so-subtle race-relation issues established in the first season, ext.), the fact that Korra was already a competent bender in her toddler years while Aang struggled with two different elements in his teens, the fact that the entire struggle of Season 1 was predicated on the idea that Korra was afraid she wouldn't get to play Avatar anymore instead of something more serious unlike Aang who since the literal second episode was established to care more about the well-being of others than he was his own, ext.

Also, just because the show tries do delve into new territory doesn't excuse it failing to competently do so. Yes, it tried to tackle deeper issues, issues that are currently rocking the face of society, but it was handled in a horrendously fashion with an overall underwhelming conclusion.
>>
>>93822414
>The anons ideas aren't great but please show me even one sitcom with scissoring hand gestures

Does this count? It's not scissoring per se, but the implication of the gesture is pretty obvious.

Also there's that episode of South Park where Ms. Garrison literally scissors with like, two or three different ladies.
>>
>>93822550
South Park isn't a sitcom, dumbass
>>
>>93822470
I'm sorry that your ship didn't work out, better luck next series
>>
File: doodle.png (205KB, 625x379px) Image search: [Google]
doodle.png
205KB, 625x379px
>>93822550

Shit, forgot my pic.
>>
>>93822540
Avatar the Last Airbender is pretty good, but I want an example of something not Avatar related

Because last guy I asked this answered Star Wars Rebels and I'm still laughing about that
>>
>>93822580

...yes? Yes, it is. It's an animated sitcom. A situation comedy. Are you retarded? Do you not know what words mean?
>>
File: zPF2mg2.jpg (70KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
zPF2mg2.jpg
70KB, 1366x768px
>>93822491
>>
File: 723562387652.png (408KB, 693x475px) Image search: [Google]
723562387652.png
408KB, 693x475px
>>93822580
It is now, ever since the creators started dating "liberals" the show went to shit.
>>
>>93815685
His bloodline needs to end. All of his relatives are mental cases, spare the world of more of their autism.
>>
>>93822587
Korra shouldn't be in a ship by the end. I don't have ship i want to "work out" i just want a good story that makes sense.
>>
>>93822672
Why exactly was she crying? I never watched Korra, just TLA.
>>
>>93822701
Korra gets paralyzed by magic metal basically.
>>
>>93822540
Just because you say something has terrible pacing and lame concepts does not make it automatically true.
I'm actually a bit curious myself what you're comparing it to.
>>
>>93813188
Hurt from remembering all the wasted potential.
>>
>>93822701
The best interpretation i've seen is that she is sad her identity as the Avatar is over, that others are taking up the mantle and making her obsolete.

She was physicly and mentally crippled. Unable to walk and use bending while attending a ceremony celebrating a new master airbender and the air nomads becoming the world police.
>>
>>93822650
Do you? Stop being a pedantic fuck. You could classify literally any comedy as "situational", but since MOST people aren't completely fucking brain dead, we know shit like South Park or Superbad or whatever else CLEARLY AREN'T SITCOMS.

The commonly understood definition of a sitcom is unbelievably clear, and you trying to warp it doesn't make you right, it makes you an idiot. Seinfeld is a sitcom. Friends is a sitcom. Two and a Half Men is a sitcom. The loosest definition would include IASIP. Generally three-camera live action shows.
>>
File: 45425326126.jpg (121KB, 634x809px) Image search: [Google]
45425326126.jpg
121KB, 634x809px
>>93822674
that's not Tray's girlfriend anymore, he got married and had kids with pic related
>>
>>93822695
Denial
>>
>>93822783
>>93822724
Not saying that's not bad, but it still seems like a weird response considering Aang survived a genocide and lost everyone who ever cared about him.
>>
>>93822783
Korra's arc from the start should have been her being jazzed about being the Avatar and then having to come to terms with a world that didn't actually need the Avatar anymore. She'd have to find a new use for both who and what she is, which also means learning how not to be a punchy moron.
>>
>>93822783
I think this sums it up good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M20gHifSSw
>>
>>93822810
I accept that Borra died in one episode and that Makorra died in book 2. And given how the show progressed from there Korra shouldn't have to tie herself to another person to feel happy, she should make her own happiness as a single.
>>
>>93817726
Here's your (/u/), /u/
>>
>>93822840
I can agree with that. But i doubt that's what the crying scene implies. Atleast in the moment she isn't very happy about it.
>>
>>93822701
>>93822724
Massive mercury poisoning.
>>
>>93822854
Single is for losers, if Korra didn't snatch up Asami when she could I would have been disappointed
>>
>>93822792
>CLEARLY AREN'T SITCOMS.

Except they are. By definition, a sitcom is literally any show with a recurring cast that gets placed in comedic situations. The show being live action isn't a requirement.

You being retarded and angry doesn't make you right so sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up, and choke on a big bag of dicks. In that order.
>>
File: 678436726.png (867KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
678436726.png
867KB, 1920x1080px
>>93822904
Wait that poison was mercury? I thought they water bent it into her

How did they bend pure metal?
>>
>>93817790
>considering they're from the Southern Water Tribe

The Southern tribe is the more socially progressive one, even though they're behind the North in terms of gross development.
>>
>>93822911
>I'm right because I said so

You're genuinely autistic. Maybe high-functioning, but it's clear something is wrong with your brain. You'd be better off with a shotgun in your mouth.
>>
>>93822906
Korra shouln't snatch up anybody desu. She should if anything get a meaningful relationship build up over time with someone that she is attracted to and who is attracted to her.
>>
>>93822951
Korra doesn't have a good friendship with anyone let alone one that could become a relationship. I mean fuck, she was an utter cunt to Tenzin.
>>
>>93822951
That someone wouldn't happen to be you, ha!
>>
>>93822932
I don't think it was directly stated to be mercury, but it was stated to be a liquid metal of some kind so mercury is very likely.

As for how they did it, no one knows. It's probably another instance of Bryke forgetting their own lore and going with "rule of cool".
>>
>>93822932
Mercury has impurities, the plothole is that platinum should have impurities too
>>
>>93822932
bryke fucked up and they never talk about it

some fans will try to say they mixed in mud or some shit but then we still have the problem of getting the metal out of her

It's just another reason the writing was a trainwreck
>>
>>93822963
She's very much on friendly terms with the krew. But personally i don't see her dating anyone present in the show. It would be a new character introduced in a comic if anything.

>>93822964
Obviously not. It would be someone who can handle her fiery personality without riling her up further. Someone who respects her and her duty as the avatar. And i doubt any of krew is capable of that.
>>
>>93817790
bumfuck igloo village is why it worked. The north was steeped in tradition (remember how Katara couldn't even get trained when she first showed up?) The south literally didn't have enough population left to keep any extraneous tradition around, so they just did whatever. Sure some loyalists bitched about it in the comics but it's obvious how it shook out.
>>
>>93823061
>someone who can handle her fiery personality without riling her up further. Someone who respects her and her duty as the avatar.

I'm sure Asami fits well in that regard, but I'm also sure you disagree
>>
>>93822943

Good god, man. You seem to be having issues. Why is your ignorance pissing you off so much? Were you raped as a child by a situation comedy? Did Archie Bunker touch your no-no place?
>>
>>93823105
Yeah Asami can't handle her and actually riled her up or shot her down entirely when they actually had an argument. And i don't see her compromising her company for Korras sake either.

I'd say Asami is an even worse matchup than Mako desu. Mako and Asami however fit rather well together.
>>
File: 1459940225670.jpg (450KB, 1000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1459940225670.jpg
450KB, 1000x2500px
>Korra and Asami are lezzing out
>can't enjoy it because the art is so mediocre
There are dozens of fanartists that know how to make them look sexy. Why, Bryke? Why?
>>
File: 1497545064680.png (29KB, 239x237px) Image search: [Google]
1497545064680.png
29KB, 239x237px
So did we ever get an explanation as to why Korra started as a firebender despite being born water tribe? Did she meet a firebender when she was little? I checked the wiki but all I found was that her "personality" overrides the avatar cycle
>>
>>93821901
Nah, Bolin's been in his universes equivalent of Hollywood for a while. If anybody knows about the gays, it's him. If it's shocked, it's because: "Wait, Women do that too?"
>>
>>93823167
That would be objectifying them, and i'm sure bryke is against that.
>>
>>93822932
no, they earth bent it into her. Don't forget the whole lotus group was into unconventional bending. Earth benders who learned waterbending like motions with liquid metal is shit they'd do.
>>
>>93823202
That's pretty much it. But then again, Aang was by nature an airbender so i'm not sure the born in tribe matters much for how good you are at an element compared to you personality.
>>
>>93813354
>there were hints

Why does tumblr think every woman that's mildly muscular is gay?
>>
>>93823202
>So did we ever get an explanation as to why Korra started as a firebender despite being born water tribe?
It's implied that she mastered water, earth, and fire at the start of the series. There's a cycle the Avatar's follow based on where they were born. Aang was air so his order was air, water, earth, fire. Korra was water, so her order was water, earth, fire, air. We see her finishing her firebending training at the beginning, she had already mastered the other two and just had air left.
>>
>>93822672
see, real drama and korra mix as well as beer and dogshit
>>
>>93822223
>>93822414
>there are literal autistic children ITT
Not only have you underage little shits not seen enough media to recognize shitty cliches, but you actually think they are "good"? GTFO, you little faggots.

I can't fucking believe at the level of underageb& faggotry on /co/ nowadays. Of course this is also a Korra thread and that show attracts a whole new level of cancer.
>>
File: 1421278542847.png (892KB, 1440x996px) Image search: [Google]
1421278542847.png
892KB, 1440x996px
I still can't believe people bitch about this more than they do the giant fucking robot
>>
>>93823202
She managed to learn how to bend fire and earth as well as water when she was still a toddler, with no training whatsoever. Somehow.
>>
>>93823286
It's because almost no one defends the fucking robot. Whereas this is routinely defended for being progressive.
>>
>>93823286

It's because we all know and agree that the giant robot was beyond retarded, so there's no point in bitching about it any more.
>>
>>93823147
>I am clever man. You are angry and I win argument.

Alrighty then, child, go ahead and reply again with another "witty" comment so you can have your victory or whatever. This is getting boring, so I'm out.
>>
>>93822803
>dad's neanderthal brow
>mom's pre-op negro pug nose
Those poor children.
>>
>>93823260
Her training doesn't bother me so much as her bending as an infant does.
>>93823251
Firstly it's genetic but the avatar can bend all of them. They still need instruction though. Aang needed instruction about bending before he could make a spark, and it took him forever to learn earthbending. And that's with him being a prodigy. He was a natural at water bending but he still needed to be instructed about it by Katara.

I guess I'm saying that bending was always a martial art that needed instruction and it was never explained how a five year old living in the snowy wastelands of the south pole learned how to do fire and earth.

Like it almost seemed like the whole reason for that scene was to show Korra was an exception to the rules.
>>
>>93823213
Bryke did a beach episode in a western cartoon. And Korra is being objectified by her entire fanbase.
I think it's more likely that they jewed out.
>>
I might not enjoy LOK as a show, but it gave me more masturbatory fuel than anything ever. I was seriously starting to get bored of jerking off until LOK.

Korra is the ultimate hateboner.
>>
File: 1496634789622.jpg (69KB, 775x837px) Image search: [Google]
1496634789622.jpg
69KB, 775x837px
>>93823286
Season one
>ruins the villain and uses a deus ex machina to return her bending
Season two
>blue giant bullshit that's never explained and Jinora's bullshit
Season three
>we can bend pure metal for this one scene, don't question it
Season four
>giant fucking robot and the villain will surrender after losing it because she saw that Korra was "strong", despite the fact that her soldiers could have easily rescued her, they made the woman who sacrificed literally everything in her life for her country (even her fiance) have a change in art because she "talked to Korra"
>>
>>93823412
Kuvira having a change of heart and declaring she has to answer for her crimes will never not upset me.

Also just entering the city with her robots and giants and leaving her massive army of thousands of foot soldiers behind happened why?
>>
>>93823412
Fucking season2

You've got a show about kung fu elemental warriors and you have the one character that's mastered all the elements turn into a giant incarnation of herself. What do you have her do?

Tidebending? Volcanobending? Anything awesome?

Nope, just HURRR CHEST LASERS at her opponent
>>
>>93823412
He thinks Amon would be better as a non bender
He thinks you need to explain how the spirit world works down to the smallest detail
He thinks mercury is a pure metal
He thinks Kuvira surrendered because of Korra being strong

How is it possible to be wrong about this much?
>>
>>93823354
Yeah the Avatar can bend all of them, but Aang only had problems learning Earth. Fire and Water came easy to him to the point that he outshined Katara spectacularly on his first try at waterbending. I'm sure he could have waterbending miniscule amounts of water without a teacher of any kind.

Same goes for Korra, her toddler bending wasn't really anything impressive as far as actual bending goes. And she is supposed to be an even bigger prodigy at the martial aspect of bending than Aang was. By the start of the show (when she's a teen) she's been couped up in a compound training for 12 years with Water, Earth and fire masters, she's gone through all the training and have them pretty much mastered.

And yeah Korra is supposed to be so exceptional at physical bending that she found out she was the avatar on her own. She didn't get good at it before learning from masters however.
>>
File: 1497372841375.jpg (10KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
1497372841375.jpg
10KB, 197x255px
>>93823509
>amon's face was scene once at a rally while he was on stage
>everyone outside instantly recognized him despite being far away, and despite his makeup now being off
I don't even need to address the others, you fucked up on the first one
>>
>>93823452
>Also just entering the city with her robots and giants and leaving her massive army of thousands of foot soldiers behind happened why?

Urban warfare is highly dangerous for infantry, if you got a giant city destroying mech you use it unless you're fine with sending your troops into the meat grinder
>>
>>93823509
>Amon wouldn't be better as a nonbender

How is it physically possible to be so wrong?
>>
>>93823534
The problem is that if they just showed her training then it would have been fine. But they went out of her way to show that she was bending them as a toddler. Without instruction, and without practice.
>>
>>93823556
Same outfit dunderhead, also they saw him get thrown out with the mask and all

Would you want them to presume that the Avatar got a fake Amon to throw himself out as a way to fool them?
>>
>>93813188
Doesn't make -feel- anything, but it does make me think that it's such a forced moment. Parents who accept that their only child is pursuing a homosexual relationship have not only given up on their legacy, but the legacy of all those that came before them. It's like saying "Hey it's ok that we spent X years of our lives raising a selfish dead-end! We really love this!"
>>
>>93823562
Except it was an empty city and infantry are more effective in urban warfare than heavy armor...
>>
>>93823612
They implied it with the scene change where she goes from toddler to her final fire bending test.

Unless you mean the tiny rock, puff of fire and water rasing she did as a toddler. Which i'm sure Aang could have done too if he'd try it.
>>
>>93823603
Revolutionary leaders throughout history as always been spoiled rich kids

Also who knows better about the dangers of bending than a bloodbender?

I bet you think the equalist revolution was justified pinko
>>
>>93823641
I mean their daughter is the Avatar, their grandchildren would just be disappointments compared to that anyway
>>
>spend years never waterbending except to remove bending
>have a panic moment and make a huge waterspout instead of just swimming to the surface
>>
>>93823667
They didn't know that, also the civilians were gone, but not Team Avatar

And for all Kuvira knew there could have been an entire Fire Nation Army waiting to ambush her forces inside the city

Also infantry vs heavy armor is kinda moot when you have an army of mecha infantry and a gigantic death machine
>>
>>93823698
Not so sure about that. Ursa was related to an Avatar and that was the main reason Ozai married her (even forced her i think). Being related to an Avatar is a big deal.
>>
>>93823698
Disappointments? What? I hope you're not serious because that's a dumb argument.
>>
>>93823737
Why make it easy for Team Avatar to infiltrate your building sized heavy armour instead of shooting them from miles away?
>>
Not related to the LoK itself but
>>93823641
>MUH LEGACY MUH GENES
Not every heterosexual person has children, you tard. Not every parent cares about having grandchildren either.
>>
>>93823752
Supposedly, it seems more to have been Azulon's personal pet theory that mixing the royal Fire Nation blood with the blood of an Avatar would create strong children as a form of eugenics

Personally it seems in the case of the Fire Nation royal family to create a bit unbalanced offspring
>>
>>93823794
exactly. The strength of the giant was it's canon. It should have been kept out of the city and kept safe around a section of the army. Walking it right into the city was as pointless as possible.

I mean unless Kuvira was foolish or suddenly had a lapse of military judgement, which is out of character for her.
>>
File: iFbrX[1].jpg (232KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
iFbrX[1].jpg
232KB, 1280x720px
>>93823556
he's been seen in public w/o his mask b4
you just never knew it was him
>>
Imagine a world where Amon's backstory is real.
Imagine a world where the show recognize that Amon was making some pretty valid points, even if he was going about it totally wrong.
Imagine a world where the spirits actually gave him energybending.
Imagine a world where that explains why Korra always sucked at spiritual stuff, and why she could never talk to her past lives.
Imagine a world where Amon and Korra both have to go on their own journeys in order to work together and bring balance and shit.
Imagine a world where Amon takes over republic city but becomes increasingly disgusted with his officer's actions, as a child's parents are beaten for harboring a bender, and he sees a reflection of his own parents burning alive.
Imagine Korra having to go on a spirit quest to learn why she initially lost, and why the world needs an Avatar that doesn't just punch through problems.

Imagine a world where LOK realized the potential of this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqs44zr4rMo

Having just one villain who wasn't a pure evil cunt would've already put it leagues past ALTA's villains. But no. Bryke put a stop to that.
>>
>>93823834
>Not every heterosexual person has children, you tard. Not every parent cares about having grandchildren either.
You're still a failure no matter how you try to spin it. You're the retard here. LOL
>>
>>93823794
Shooting them from miles away isn't necessarily too accurate, also she had to occupy the city

If she sent in her mecha units and had colossus as artillery support she risks causing major damage upon friendly forces
>>
>>93822745
I'm comparing it to other other works with halfway decent pacing. Mainly stuff like And Then There Were None and Wander, for both ends of the spectrum. Korra not making an inch of headway towards air bending then suddenly getting it at the 11th hour, Korra never being spiritual and then somehow mastering the Avatar state in a single episode, Amon being set up as this big bad for an entire season, and pushing Team Avatar to their breaking point only to be defeated in 5 minutes, the entirety of the Avatar history being erased in a minute, and the very core of the Avatar coming to be by a man getting the sudden idea to touch a glowing beam of light, are all horrendously paced in Korra.

As for lame execution, the Equalists could've had a better case if Korra didn't form her trio because her two friends were being screwed over by a non-bender. We never see the atrocities committed by benders in Republic City, but we do see a bunch of non-benders trying to take away the power of benders because they're apparently being oppressed. I mean you know you're oppressed when the literal symbol of bender power is powerless against you right? The same goes for the dark avatar. Having a foil to the Avatar is cool in theory, but only spending a couple episodes turning him into that foil was a terrible use of the concept. He should've been a literal counter to the Avatar, one who wanted to being ballance through control rather than freedom as the Avatar does. The Avatar is supposed to be the diplomat between the worlds, and both are free to live as they please. They alive problems, but do not dictate. Now imagine a foil that literally brings about that diplomacy by keeping everyone under his thumb. Instead of keeping balance through stopping any attempts at totalitarian rule, he squashes any attempts to usurp it. Instead, Unalaq wanted everyone to come together, and hope for the best.
>>
>>93823884
>Imagine a world where the spirits actually gave him energybending.
where would they get energybending? only 2 beings were shown to have it, the lion turtle & aang?

wouldn't it be cooler if he somehow found a way to shut down bending with advanced science rather than bending & only made it look like energybending?
>>
>>93823847
True enough. Though i think avatar genes had little to do with Fire nation royals as Ozai was unbalanced aswell and he wasn't related to an Avatar. But it still shows that people think higly of the avatar and those related to them.
>>
>>93823680
>All he can do is make Commie Memes to try and justify his absolutely abhorrent taste
Sad.
>>
>>93823924
You could make an argument that the Avatar line split once Aang died from Azula's lightning. Or, if not that, that there was such an imbalance, the spirits thought it necessary to split it themselves. Science works too.

My point is that they had the potential for an antagonist with actual depth but instead it was another evil bloodbender who was evil and wanted to be powerful.
>>
>>93823896
Except her army was massive, she could have just used it as anti-air/anti-navel and against any incoming reinforcements. Her army dwarfed the one in the city IF it was hiding there.
>>
>>93823896
It was actually very accurate by the way she used it. And she wouldn't be able to occupy the city with her mech anyway. To do that she would need to send in her mecha units anyway. Going into the city with her canon serves no purpose as it only exposes it to infiltration by her enemy. If she want's to use the canon it would function better from far away with a better overview of the battlefield and where it is more secure.
>>
>>93823924
Or they could've just made Amon a very proficient chi blocker.
>>
>>93823978
His motivation literally made no sense too. Why was he removing the bending of people? The backstory did little to reinforce or explanation his quest he devoted his entire life to.
>>
>>93823884
>Amon is so fucking rad that he just willpowers past bloodbending

Man I forgot how amazing Amon was before they ruined him
>>
>>93823896
>not accurate
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdhZWhxOGKA
excuse me what? Did we watch the same episode?
>>
>>93823884
>Imagine a world where Amon's backstory is real.
Spirits can go fuck themselves, it's a lame backstory
>Imagine a world where the show recognize that Amon was making some pretty valid points, even if he was going about it totally wrong.
He could just as well complain that some people are born taller, or more intelligent, he did nothing more than fuel jealousy caused by people being born differently
> Imagine a world where the spirits actually gave him energybending.
Again fucking lame, bloodbending is a lot more visceral
>Imagine a world where that explains why Korra always sucked at spiritual stuff, and why she could never talk to her past lives.
Some people are less spiritual than others, I've never had any spiritual experience, but I went to a Christian private school and there were a lot of people who God was a companion
>Imagine a world where Amon and Korra both have to go on their own journeys in order to work together and bring balance and shit.
That would suck, Among is good as a villain and a threat, not as a companion
>Imagine a world where Amon takes over republic city but becomes increasingly disgusted with his officer's actions, as a child's parents are beaten for harboring a bender, and he sees a reflection of his own parents burning alive.
You should stop sucking Amon's dick, you wouldn't happen to be projecting unto him? That would be sad
>Imagine Korra having to go on a spirit quest to learn why she initially lost, and why the world needs an Avatar that doesn't just punch through problems.
She did learn that she can't just fight all her problems, I don't know what show you watched, apparently the Legend of Amon
>>
>>93824005
It think it was something along the lines of "daddy was mean to me with his bending", "bending can be used for evil", "everyone is better off without bending".
>>
>>93813685
Katara was a feminist who lived in a tiny village at the South Pole.
>>
>>93824042
Try to use that as support as close quarters urban combat ensues, she would be blowing up her own forces as much as she would the defenders
>>
This actually reads like a tumblr webcomic. The Korra cartoon has its problems but it wasn't like this at all.
>>
>>93824070
Did you stop at Season 1? Korra goes back to punching out problems in Season 2.
>>
File: 543637373.png (320KB, 878x475px) Image search: [Google]
543637373.png
320KB, 878x475px
>>93824027
I love how the motions he did looked EXACTLY like chi bending just to fuck with the fans.
>>
>>93824134
She never stopped in season 1 either, she learned it after getting crippled and being unable to crush Kuvira, that's why she tries to get Kuvira to surrender in the end of Book 4 instead of killing her as the plan was for Amon, Unalaq, and the Red Lotus
>>
>>93813280
Parents are always happy when their kid hooks up with someone who's wealthy.
>>
File: 1491020484682.jpg (22KB, 397x353px) Image search: [Google]
1491020484682.jpg
22KB, 397x353px
>>93822587
That anon is right. Asami, especially, ended up having no more character than being another character's armcandy, and the korrasami shilling only cements that. And Korra's personality amounted to "bitch mode: ON/OFF", and it got so bad, Bryke literally had to format her brain with dark spirit magic in book 2, so she went from dumb hothead to just plain dumb.

As it stands, korrasami has nothing going for it besides the porn and cheesecake; even most diehard korrasami fans only like for political reasons, obviously.

It's such a pile of nothing, the only real accomplishment is that it's getting any traction.
>>
>>93824113
She could use it as a threat to the civillians in the city if they fought back against her soldiers. It's not like she cared about preserving the city itself anyway seeing as she fired it more than once in close quarters.

Besides it wouldn't be easy for the krew to stop those mech units with their fire, lightning and waterbending plus thick armour. Even Bolins lavabending had trouble dealing with them.
>>
>>93824197
>>93824113
Also i just remembered that she actually did send in her mech units after going in herself and that didn't stop her from firing her canon.
>>
File: 785326578265.png (994KB, 2266x592px) Image search: [Google]
785326578265.png
994KB, 2266x592px
>amon is a waterbender
>he doesn't grab korra or even use waterbending when he is alone with her in the snow
>despite being close enough for korra to attack him
>doesn't chase after her down the hill where he could have done it just to be 100% certain no one could see them do it
Just admit the writing for this show was a fucking joke
>>
>>93823286
Personally, I bitch more about her retarded spirit apologetics and ruining the world in general.
>>
>>93824070
>it's a lame backstory
If you think being burned alive with your family fueling your revenge is a lame backstory, then you have no taste.

>he could complain people are born intelligent or strong.
If you think that's even remotely comparable to being able to shoot fire from your god damn hands, then you're a fool. It is technically possible for most folks, with enough effort, to get really muscular or know lots of things. But having bending is the equivalent of getting a free, infinite ammo gun, and only some people are allowed it. Not to mention job restrictions. Why would they hire you for construction instead of an earthbender? Why would they hire you for an electrical plant instead of a lightningbender? The list goes on and on. You're are wrong and your comparison sucks balls.

>bloodbending is better than spirit or science stuff
Incorrect. Its just yet another evil man. Super lame and boring.

>blah blah god
I said it'd give a better reason, dope. I didn't say there wasn't already a meh reason.

>Among is good
Who is among

>you're projecting
Oh you're shitposting. Sorry, I didn't know. Unless that shitty meme is actually your argument? But that would be silly. No one is that dumb.

>Korra stops punching problems
Did you forgot the part where she punched everything in S2 and S3 to the point it got her fucking paralyzed cus she couldn't strategize? Or the part in S4 where she tried to fight Kuvira alone in front of her whole army?
>>
>>93815541
>oh no I won't have to spend my golden years watching over some brats while my daughter the avatar goes off on adventures, well I'll just have to content myself with the lavish gifts that my daughters wealthy lover will give us
>>
>>93824239
That would have fucked up the reveal.
>>
>>93824273
A shitty reveal
>>
File: IMG_0159.gif (1MB, 297x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0159.gif
1MB, 297x200px
>>93813354
>>93813392
>there were hints
>>
>>93824242
Opening the portals and the vines spreading uncontrollably implies that she literally ruined the future of humanity
>>
>>93824308
I agree but they only thought they were getting the one season so that's all they had.
>>
>>93821441
So do vaccines give you autism or make you gay?
>>
I want everyone's rewritten version of LOK. Change as much or as little as need be.
>>
>>93824340
I'd give them a pass for the shit writing for season 1 if the other seasons didn't also have just as bad or worse writing.
>>
>>93824239
The thing is, they don't explain how waterbending can cancel out bending. The "it creates a clot inside your brain" is pure fan speculation. Everything about it goes unexplained and expects the viewers to buy it without question.
>>
>>93824343
A /co/ rewrite of Korra would be neat but we never finish any projects so.
>>
>>93823924
>where would they get energybending? only 2 beings were shown to have it, the lion turtle & aang?
At that point they hadn't ruined the backstory of Avatar, so you could say there were at least still some people out there who still understood how to energy bend, even if it had since gone out of style.
>>
>>93824340
I highly doubt they had some grand master plan of Amon's backstory being real. That's just what fans want to think to justify the terrible writing.

And even if they did, which they didn't, you don't compromise your art because maybe you'll get fucked. Imagine if the last episode of the original run of Samurai Jack had such a shitty, rushed ending.
>>
>>93824364
the amount that goes unexplained in the fucking show is insane
>>
>>93824364
Yeah how bloodbending block Ki permanently with no cure is never explained. And how Energy bending cures it isn't exlained either.
>>
>People actually enjoy Beginnings

The art was pretty but it was literally the midichorians of Avatar
>>
>>93824411
>>93824364
don't forget how Amon could block all the chi but didn't block the biological part of her that allowed air bending.
>>
>>93824364
I assumed it was something like fouling up your chakras, since at least that got some attention back in ATLA.
>>
>>93824343
First step would be to set it in a separate universe from The Last Airbender's so it's impossible to retroactively ruin that series. Just do the Final Fantasy thing where it's a completely separate setting with some shared aspects between the two, like bending and the spirit world.
>>
>>93824343
We used to have thread with people coming up with changes to LoK. Some where good some weren't, but most were better than the show.
>>
>>93824252
>If you think being burned alive with your family fueling your revenge is a lame backstory, then you have no taste.
It's the oldest cliche in the book dude, stop reading garbage tier fantasy books
>It is technically possible for most folks, with enough effort, to get really muscular or know lots of things
It's impossible though to get taller or get a higher intellectual capacity, in a world with bending it's just another luck of the draw in the genetic lottery, you could just as wish for a revolution where all the ugly people revolt against the normies
>Incorrect. Its just yet another evil man. Super lame and boring.
Bloodbending doesn't make you naturally evil, it's just unethical to cause such pain and suffering by using the ability, Amon himself could just as well believe in the cause, but as I've explained he's wrong because he's spouting commie logic
>Who is among
I get that a little typo probably is enough to confuse you
>you're shitposting
Lame excuse
>Did you forgot the part where she punched everything in S2 and S3
And she got punished for it, then she showed mercy towards Kuvira and it actually stopped the problem, hurray, we got to the end of our character arc
>>
>>93824419
Lets just pretend Beginnings never happened. Hell lets pretend Korra never happened.
>>
>>93824432
which you could say he didn't and only blocked three but then that doesn't explain him reacting, "IMPOSSIBLE"

like he clearly thought he removed all her bending
>>
>>93824462
the season finale threads were so good, half of /co/ was pissed off and the other half were laughing their asses off
>>
>>93824462
99% of what people come up with on this board is fanfiction tier garbage, still better than tumblr, but anyone who takes ideas from here need to get their head checked
>>
Imagine if Bumi had been this super ass-kicking nonbender general that could fuck up like half the cast with his chi blocking and smoke grenades and shit.

Like that scene in that JL movie where Bateman throws a smoke and then that lady inhales it all, but then he's like "psych, it's knock out gas, ya dumb bitch" only its with Bumi versus that S3 airbender guy,
>>
Homosexuality is a sin.
But sinners have all the fun.
>>
>>93813269
Just like IRL.
As a man that lives in Brazil, owns a business and has dealt with lots of this kind of family, if the person is rich and they shower your family with gifts, they won't care.
>>
>>93824527
Chi blocking is lame when you start giving it to every nonbender, it becomes nothing ore than a crutch, flute general Bumi was best Bumi
>>
>>93823202
her mom fucked a firebender
>>
>>93824527
I wanted Bumi to know the marital arts the bending styles were based on. I thought that would have been neat.
>>
>>93824475
I actually think Book 2 might improve alot by just skipping Beginnings.

>>93824508
Sure, those weren't the thread i was thinking about though. We have had many many threads since then about rewriting LoK some from the ground up others just making minor changes. One weird thing i noticed however seemed to be an obsession with keeping Korrasami.

>>93824523
The ideas in many cases were better than the execution of LoKs ideas. Given the right writers i think they would turn out better than what Bryke managed to do.
>>
>>93824573
>>93824527
naw man he was perfect as yet another comic relief who was yet another moron!

GENIUS BRYKE
>>
>>93824508
It would be fairly sad if the same people come into every Legend of Korra thread to still be pissed, I'm still here laughing though which is pretty sad as well
>>
>>93824164
they kinda ruined it in the end where he had to do it while no one was watching
then again, they ruined the entire end of the 1st season, so why shouldn't that be ruined too
>>
>>93824527
It's amazing how quickly they ruined him.
>>
>>93824581
>The ideas in many cases were better than the execution of LoKs ideas. Given the right writers i think they would turn out better than what Bryke managed to do.

Every time /co/mblr tries to create something it turns into a autistic trainwreck, audience ideas are garbage
>>
does anyone have the pic of Bryan & Mike's work post avatar that pretty much paints who fell into the SJW well & who came out unscathed?
>>
>>93824596
you gotta understand that the korra fans liked the show but hated the finales because how blatantly bad they were. By the third and four finale they were just so disappointed and angry. It was like the samurai jack finale on steroids
>>
>>93824626
I got no objection there. Just wish Bryke had the same mindset, but as it is they don't.

>>93824596
I'm still pissed that Bryke chose pandering over story, but i come into LoK thread because i like LoK and want to see something good come from it.
>>
File: IMG_1050.gif (2MB, 207x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1050.gif
2MB, 207x200px
>>93814337
>>
>>93824596
People are and will always mad about Korra because of how good Avatar was. Its like the Prequels but we won't ever get a Force Awakens to try and make things better.
>>
>>93824432
I guess the avatar is born with four separate nervous systems, complete with four indepedent brains.

>>93824433
Which reminds me how the spirituality themes of the original series were so grotesquely neglected in TLOK as to be reduced to exchangeable, upgradable superpowers like it was Naruto or some shoddy RPG for smartphones.

Easy telekinesis through blood, fusing with giant magical flatworms, unlocking flight, vine-powered lasers in giant platinum mecha -- that's something you'd expect from World of Warcraft, only WoW at least doesn't take itself seriously.
>>
.... so why did a bunch of nonbenders get airbending for no reason again? Why would opening the spirit portal do that?
>>
>>93824709
>acting like TFA was any good
nice try
>>
>>93824723
literally more ass pulling. Airbenders had been dead for over a hundred years with Aang but just randomly they started NOT POPPING UP but have the powers GRANTED to people another generation later

as to why, another one of Korra's shitty plot points that's never explained
>>
>>93824749
Didn't see it which is why I said try. But you at least understand what I meant right? Were never getting another Avatar so Korra will always be the big sore thumb it is.
>>
>>93824723
Because "balance".

Whatever the hell that means.
>>
>>93824788
I'm not gonna act like Korra was any good, but I don't think that getting another series that's more or less a remake of Avatar like TFA was to the original Star Wars would be any better
especially if we get a worse mary sue main character, a more emo main villain, & a feeling of "everything is bigger, so this new thing is better"
>>
>>93824813
Balance is treated as some sort of moral imperative in LoK despite it being both poorly defined and questionable in worth. Why did everyone need it so bad in the first place? Is imbalance never good? At least in ATLA, the imbalance came from the Fire Nation going Napoleon on everyone else.
>>
>>93824788
The Force Awakens is the prime example of how terrible Legend of Korra could have gone

In fact it gave me a lot of respect towards the series as it's clear that the vision for Legend of Korra is closer to how Knights of the Old Republic II jumped off from the first game rather than how the Force Awakens wallowed in the original trilogy
>>
File: 8974396739637.gif (1020KB, 298x236px) Image search: [Google]
8974396739637.gif
1020KB, 298x236px
>when Bryke have Won kill a guy because he was hunting to feed his village
cause vegetarianism amirite guys?
>>
>>93825110
what's so stupid is that it would have been pretty easy to have them hunt a spirit
but not they are just hunting a fucking deer and won fights them to the death and kills at least two of them
>>
File: 1478650856939.jpg (166KB, 498x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1478650856939.jpg
166KB, 498x1493px
>vatu tells won that he was the one that created the spirit portals and brought the spirits into the human world
>this leads to the humans seeking refuge on the backs of lion turtles to survive
>won and raava undo this by leading the spirits back over and closing the portals
>korra decides it's in the best interests of the world to open them back up and carry out the will of the literal incarnation of human hating chaos
>in the later seasons we already see the vines and spirits taking over the human world and causing problems
WHY THE FUCK WOULD SHE FUCKING DO THIS

IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE
>>
>>93825798
Bryke are the George Lucas of animation
>>
>>93820007
>Makos face
>Makos arm
He deserves better
>>
>>93825798
ya gotta be one with nature maaaaaan
>>
>>93825798
Vaatu did literally nothing wrong.
>>
File: Squidward.jpg (31KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Squidward.jpg
31KB, 600x399px
>>93825798
>Spend two episodes showing how bad it is
>Do it anyway
>>
>>93825798
>in the later seasons we already see the vines and spirits taking over the human world and causing problems
Don't forget that the major conflicts of the next two seasons were directly caused by opening the portals and probably wouldn't have ever happened otherwise.
>>
File: 1491122034922.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491122034922.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
>>93813354
Friendly reminder that Gundam pulled off the same stunt way better.
>>
>>93825798
because the writing is complete shit, that is literally the answer
>>
>>93826167
It also brings the air nation back though, and the end of the Earth Kingdom monarchy is eventually presented as something positive, indirect causes of course, and a lot of conflict has to be solved because of it to, but the conflict is a indirect and unforeseen cause as well

If anyone had suspected that Zaheer would become an air bender because of leaving the spirit portals open it would be ludicrous
>>
Makes me feel like korra will be remembered for being progressive and not being bad.
>>
>>93826295
Eugh... no
>>
>>93826358
To be fair there was no a reason given as to why people were randomly getting powers back. It's a guess that it's the portals
>>
File: 1487624016050.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1487624016050.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>93825798
I never thought of this before and now I'm angry
>>
>>93813188
How long has it been, 3-4 years? Jesus christ who cares about Korra anymore?
>>
>>93826391
It's a fairly reasonable guess though, and if you asked the creators they would most likely confirm it

Everyone in the show certainly seems to think it's the case, Tenzin even has to console Korra with the fact that although opening the portals caused the Earth Kingdom to fall in ruins and for Kuvira to take power, it also meant that the Air Nation has been revived and no longer depends upon one family carrying the torch
>>
File: 1499486367706.png (63KB, 500x466px) Image search: [Google]
1499486367706.png
63KB, 500x466px
>>93813493
>>93813188
>>93813269
>>
>>93813188
angry, angry about elves
>>
File: 1491754341366.png (51KB, 528x293px) Image search: [Google]
1491754341366.png
51KB, 528x293px
>>93826384
Personally I had no problem buying Atra's bisexuality. She grew up in a whore house and spent about as much time mooning over Kudelia as she did over Mika.
And as for Kudelia. I don't think she was queer, but desperate for genuine love.
>>
>>93826295
Why was the sex off screen?
>>
Looking at the other spoilers the writing looks as bad as you'd think. The art is also not as good as i thought it would be. The artist is good with lines but the color makes it look sketchy
>>
>>93826374
/co/mblr will likely never forget, not unless it's just one or two people passionately hating it and they end up with a heart attack at the age of 40

But I don't want it to be remembered for being progressive either, a lesbian relationship shouldn't be hailed as some sort of progressive hallmark, as a conservative I thought it was fine and enjoyed it, in fact I would say the show could be surprisingly pro status quo as it sides against several revolutions mirroring the real life political upheavals of the 19th and 20th century
>>
File: 1489432538915.gif (2MB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
1489432538915.gif
2MB, 350x262px
>>93825798
Korra literally fulfills the villain's goal herself.

It's as if Aang took over the Fire Lord position and burnt down/took over the world himself.

It's as if Jack slew Aku and then UNLEASH AN UNSPEAKABLE EVIL himself.

It's as if Batman stopped Bane and went on a plane-crashing spree himself.
>>
File: makani_suyin_&_Baatar.png (251KB, 1257x466px) Image search: [Google]
makani_suyin_&_Baatar.png
251KB, 1257x466px
>>93826506
I remember being a bit cautious about the writing of the Promise as well when the first few pages got released as well, but I ended up liking it, perhaps it's just the whole korrasami thing being stilted as the writer tries walking on egg shells, but the art is lacking

I would have preferred it if Heather Campbell who did the cover for Turf Wars and does the TF2 comic could have done it instead
>>
>>93825798
>WHY THE FUCK WOULD SHE FUCKING DO THIS
>IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE
That was what I asked anytime korra, kuvira,asami or toph did something.
>>
I kept wondering how would they make kuvira look bad since she made too much sense, they just have her go bonkers and acting rash and stupid.
>>
>>93813593
to let their family know who she is dating now?
>>
>>93825798
>>93826608
>Korra literally fulfills the villain's goal herself.
I cannot unsee this, this is a monumental fuckup
>>
>>93813188
It helps that Asami's rich, of Korra was dating some bumfuck dyke her parents would freak
>>
File: 7859827592.jpg (26KB, 405x344px) Image search: [Google]
7859827592.jpg
26KB, 405x344px
>>93826608
>Korra literally fulfills the villain's goal herself.
>>
>>93826853
Who cares that she's rich, Korra and her parents live in a palace they don't need money at all. As royalty they should be even more focused on preserving the lineage than everyone else.
>>
>>93826923
At one point Korra literally says, "I've never had to buy anything, I've always had people take care of me," with a smug as fuck grin. Right to the orphan boys.
Gee I wonder why people hate her character
>>
>>93826853
I don't think they would care
>>93826923
They can always have another kid or the rule can go to Desna and Eska, or maybe its not even hereditary
>live in a palace they don't need money at all
everyone needs money, they just do not know it. Those who think they don't need it get taken advantage of, when they make contact with country that does use money
>>
>>93813188
I feel like all of Korra and it's Cancer could be redeemed if the Next Eart guy just spent the rest of his life fixing her mistakes and acknowledging what a fuck-up she was.
>>
>>93826955
To be fair, this isn't an unusual sentiment to use to get the middle class suburban white kids who have never been away from home audience to relate to you.
>>
File: IMG_3391.jpg (37KB, 513x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3391.jpg
37KB, 513x450px
Korra should've been a paraplegic for the final season if Bryke wanted diversity points.
>>
>>93827003
there is no next
>>
>>93827034
There should be, just to clean up the mess Korra made
>>
>>93827000
Korra and her parents are rich as fuck as it is. Asami being rich isn't a factor in how well their "relationship" would be recieved by her parents. The only reason they react that way is because it's current year even though it doesn't make sense for the time period or culture they're emmulating.
>>
>>93827013
it does make the protagonist an annoying cunt though
>>
>>93813188
It's astonishing how many people are so upset by any non-heterosexual relationship between characters, even years after a show ended.
>>
>>93827026
Ableism isn't that much of a thing anymore, is it? Race and LGBT drama seem to be all SJWs' interests have condensed into.
>>
>>93827034
Why not? she killed the past versions but that does not mean she will be the last. Then again if you think she achieved the goal for which he became avatar in the first place then I guess she could be the last
>>
>>93827109
clear that is the only reason, its not like its crystallized version of everything wrong with the show
>>93827118
LGBT has been sidelined in the name of race or as they call it "intersectionality"
>>
>>93827109
I don't care about lgbt ships in general, i only care about this one. Want more let people make them. Make shows about it. But don't shoehorn it into places where it doesn't matter or just to pander it hurts the cause and it hurts the product.
>>
>>93813392
I finished LoK long after it had ended. I was aware that Asami and Korra got together in the end, so I looked out for those sparks. At best, a close friendship and a shared camaraderie over an ex was the most intimacy the two had.
>>
>>93827109
>It's astonishing how many people are so upset by any non-heterosexual relationship between characters, even years after a show ended.
Come on anon you know that isn't true. People don't hate Korrasami because it's a same sex relationship, they hate it because it's poorly written with no buildup.
Apollo and Midnighter, the gay dads from Loud House and gay moms from Clarence, and Steven Universe's relationships have received much less backlash on.
Not to mention that Jack/Ashi (a straight ship) was also largely hated by /co/. We don't hate non-straight relationships, we hate poorly written and shoehorned ones.
>>
>>93827164
you forget that the T part is still huge with the socjus crowd
>>
>>93827202
>it hurts the cause
What cause? You think this is for a cause? That notion can go fuck itself

Korrasami was purely for the lewd, fags can go burn in hell
>>
>>93813188
I'M A LESBIAN AND YOU'VE GOT TO DEAL WITH IT!
>>
>>93827306
Korrasami was done for pandering and lgbt representation that's the reason Bryke gave lewds had nothing to do with for them.

And all i said was that if you want to promote lgbt couples, then do it properly in shows where it matters. Shoehorning and pandering has the opposite effect.
>>
>>93813188
>your only child is in a relationship that will bear no grandchildren.
Korra's parents are dying behind those smiles. Id know I would be.
>>
>>93818056
I'm sure you could find the examples you mentioned somewhere in media. I believe in you.
>>
>>93813309
I mean I do but for completely unrelated reasons.
>>
>>93825863
He was such a fucking prick
He stole away his bro's crush
he played both girls right in front of each other throughout the show
turns them both gay for each other

He deserves worse
>>
>>93813188
Why must every genre inevitably shift into romance?
Why is One Piece the only IP that gets it right?
>>
File: korranoff.jpg (108KB, 1021x575px) Image search: [Google]
korranoff.jpg
108KB, 1021x575px
>>
File: double standard.png (152KB, 594x700px) Image search: [Google]
double standard.png
152KB, 594x700px
>>93813324
Still? Jesus.
>>
>>93827694
Avatar has always included romance.

Unless you mean that you think this comic will be about only romance. That's silly.
>>
>>93813188
>"we're gay"
>"thats cool, congrats"
coming out of the closet with obvious acceptance is a trope
>>
I have no reason to be upset
>>
>>93822230
I'm not cute enough to identify with Bolin
>>
File: asami smug.jpg (50KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
asami smug.jpg
50KB, 1024x768px
>>93825863
>literal self-insert borderline marysue character that contributed more to ruining the original miniseries than any other charatcer
>deserved better
>>
>>93827732
wouldn't it be better to have an avatar series that focuses on action & completely forgoes the romance?
>>
>>93827715
>has been out of touch with all her companions
except that Tenzin actually moved his ass to see her, something Asami never did.

You can probably find more shit with Tenzin than with Asami if you really look it up.
Hell, Katara stayed with her for those 3 years healing her. Is interacting with people gay now?
>>
>>93827715
That's a whole lot of fucking nothing.
>>
>well the series sucked, but maybe the comics will better
>same writers
well, time for \co\ to shut their fucking face once again.
>>
>>93827715

The only reason only Asami was there for her was because she only responded to Asami
>>
File: pvb ph.jpg (85KB, 500x658px) Image search: [Google]
pvb ph.jpg
85KB, 500x658px
>>93825798
The vines are static. Vaatu summoned them while he was Unavaatu. They don't grow unless you spirit bend them (which apparently only Korra can do). They're also a source of limitless energy.

>this leads to the humans seeking refuge on the backs of lion turtles to survive
>WHY THE FUCK WOULD SHE FUCKING DO THIS

If you actually care to know, it was the Age of Raava, when Raava and Vaatu hatefucked the entire world into oblivion over the course of thousands of years, because Raava had followed Vaatu into the physical world when he tried to escape her. Raava and Vaatu are now sealed away inside of a person. It's a completely different scenario.

We saw from Wan that when not under Vaatu's influence, spirits can become friends and allies of humans.
>>
>>93825878
This is the difference between Asians and Americans on dealing with the old world being replaced with the new world. Asians were forced to adopt western technology for the European expansionism so when they take this narrative, it's usually about how sad is this ancient world is ending but it can't be helped while Americans want to go back to the good old times because westerners are disappointed with progress and they idealize the idea of the noble savage, mother Earth as a generous mother, etc. Compare James Cameron's Avatar to Pompoko
>>
>>93827715
Paragraphs 4 and 5 happened in practically the same scene.

The rest does not denote any progression. They are just isolated events without any evident cause. Apparently Asami becomes Korra's only penfriend because... why?
>>
>>93827715
So we got letters, a compliment, and confiding in her? That's not a relationship, that's a friendship. It only seems like something substantial because Korras friendships are terrible
>>
File: vaatuphoningforhelp.png (421KB, 418x493px) Image search: [Google]
vaatuphoningforhelp.png
421KB, 418x493px
>>93827806
>except that Tenzin actually moved his ass to see her, something Asami never did.
Because the Order of the White Lotus answers to Asami, amirite?

>You can probably find more shit with Tenzin than with Asami if you really look it up.
Do it then, faggot. Prove your thesis.

>Hell, Katara stayed with her for those 3 years healing her. Is interacting with people gay now?
You can't be this fucking obtuse.
>>
https://twitter.com/kohquette/status/885295160736612352

AYYYYYYYY
>>
File: tenzin dubious.jpg (15KB, 208x245px) Image search: [Google]
tenzin dubious.jpg
15KB, 208x245px
>>93827944
>The rest does not denote any progression. They are just isolated events without any evident cause

Well, if you can dismiss it without actually addressing any of it, then that works!
>>
>>93827997
>You can't be this fucking obtuse.
That is literally how Korrasami shippers argue, why can't he?
>>
>>93827715
Mako is a terrible example to use in that argument seeing as he'd already been in a relationship with Korra beforehand.
>>
>>93828053
Not him but I'll ask this, do you think the Korra and Asami relationship or the Aang and Katara relationship was better? What about Sokka and Suki?
>>
File: 58095014_p0.jpg (886KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
58095014_p0.jpg
886KB, 800x1200px
>>93827751
It's a fucking fantasy world cartoon story. It has no need for a clichéd bigoted parent/friend story. Just get the gay couple stuff settled asap, and lets see if Mike was able to write something better than Gene "Mother of Faces" Yang.
>>
>>93827997
>You can't be this fucking obtuse.
Right?

>I don't get why spending time and sharing feelings and emotions with a similarly aged friend is the same as spending time with old mentors who also happens to be friends

Do people really think it's weird that Korra and Asami develop feelings for one another as they're both of the same age, very attractive, and have both suffered heavy losses as the series progresses

Oh but I forgot, she also spent time with an old Katara, which means that if Korra can fall in love with Asami she must naturally also be able to fall in love with Katara

Are we forgetting that Korra decided she likes Mako after watching him fight in the bending arena once? He even acted a bit of a dick towards her initially, but seems to also start liking Korra after just a few short interactions
>>
>>93828076
Your entire position is that Asami is by definition not a viable love interest; so things that we would have considered as sowing the seeds of a relationship don't count - by fiat - because you don't like it. That's why you without irony, compare her to a ninety year woman, rather than Mako, or any young male character.
>>
>>93828168
>pic
Wtf am I looking at?
>>
>>93828254
master blaster
>>
>>93828254
The degeneracy which is the Korra fandom
>>
>>93828228
First off that wasn't me. Secondly Korrasami shippers do the eact thing you're accusing me of. They're arbitrarily choosing that Asami IS korras love interest since that is the only way for their interpretation of events to make sense.

Now for me Asami doesn't count as a viable love interest because Korra never shows that a woman can be a viable love interest. It has nothing to do with me liking Korrasami or not. And beyond that, assuming Asami was a viable love interest those moments still wouldn't be sowing the seeds. The show itself did most of that with Bolin aswell and he wasn't a love interest for Korra. You can take any of the Korrasami "moments" and genderswap asami and it still wouldn't amount to anything given the situation between the characters.
>>
>>93828168
I said the same thing, some people seem to dislike the lack of conflict, but I would audibly groan if the comic evolved into soapboxing about tolerance and the beauty of love

Establish the relationship and then move on from there, don't have the parents get pissy because that's what happens in real life drama situations, I would like to see the relationship develop, but through the interactions between Korra and Asami, not through a hackneyed resistance against a problem that can easily never have to exist
>>
File: yuri banner.png (58KB, 289x131px) Image search: [Google]
yuri banner.png
58KB, 289x131px
>>93828138
>Not him but I'll ask this, do you think the Korra and Asami relationship or the Aang and Katara relationship was better?

You mean their pre-romance relationships? Aang and Katara, because the writers actually pushed Katara into centre stage (too much actually). Asami by comparison was shoved aside whenever it came time to give Mako and Bolin new, inane shit to do.

As for post-romance, fucked if I know. Both series ended before anything could develop, and I'm not going to judge Aang and Katara's relationship (sweetie) from the cancerous Gene Yang books.

I did enjoy anytime Korra and Asami got to hang out in the series; primarily because it meant neither of them was interacting with Mako or Bolin. Meanwhile, Aang and Katara in the show were just fine. Wasn't invested in them, but I was glad when they got together at the end.
>>
>>93828053
The way that guy describes it, yes, they're just loose events, and all that exalted, flowery prose is a weak attempt to disguise that.
>X happened
>Y also happened
>Z, too, happened
>"SHIP OF THE YEAR ALL YEARS"

Korra blushing at Asami's hair compliment comes out of nowhere. For no reason.

Korra choosing Asami of all her other friends to exchange letters happens for no reason.

And even then, we are not shown or even told what is it they've been bonding over that was worth crossing the orientation barrier.

Nothing about their relationship makes sense. There is literally no base to Korra and Asami relationship, except maybe that they found each other exceedingly hot since Book: Air, which also doesn't make sense, because Asami and Korra had zero interaction for the longest time. Mako was the sole linking factor between them; to quote Seinfeld, they were "more like friends-in-law."
>>
>>93828206
>she also spent time with an old Katara, which means that if Korra can fall in love with Asami she must naturally also be able to fall in love with Katara
Love is love
>>
File: 1491364152657.jpg (13KB, 317x322px) Image search: [Google]
1491364152657.jpg
13KB, 317x322px
>>93813188
She saved the world like, three times. She's the most powerful person in the world. This is like, a super small time complaint compared to other things to complain about.
>>
>>93824343

>Book 1: Air. Entirely about Korra's Airbending training and run-ins with the Triads; Equalists are background noise throughout the season. It ends with Amon appearing and the Equalists utterly crushing the Triads.
>Book 2: Water. The fight with the Equalists, which spreads far beyond Republic City, begins. Amon and Tarrlok turn out the same way though Amon has actually went beyond Blood-Bending to achieving Spirit-Bending; Korra uses the Avatar State to restore people through a single massive wave of Spirit Energy.
>Book 3: Earth.,The Equalist leadership has fallen, but the Movement lives on and a massive non-Bender rebellion has broken out in the Earth Kingdom. The Earth Queen orders it brutally suppressed by the Council of Five as well as any news of the crackdown. General Kuvira blames the other Nations since they didn't suffer these sort of rebellions and begins provoking a war with the Water Tribes and Fire Nation by the season's end.
>Book 4: Fire. The wave of Spirit Energy in Air has awakened the dormant powers of people of all Four Nations. Open warfare has erupted between the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation/Water Tribes. Seeing their opportunity, the Red Lotus makes its move; the attempted coups at the North Pole and Fire Kingdom and the attempted assassination of Tenzin all fail but the Earth Queen is successfully killed. Her son attempts to broker a peace but Kuvira and her army ignores it. Korra thus has to deal with both Kuvira and the remnants of the Red Lotus Society.
>>
File: Aunty Kuvira.jpg (678KB, 1200x776px) Image search: [Google]
Aunty Kuvira.jpg
678KB, 1200x776px
>>93828206
>Are we forgetting that Korra decided she likes Mako after watching him fight in the bending arena once?

Asami also fell in love with him immediately. Not a peep of complaint from anyone on here.

>>93828254
>Wtf am I looking at?
Pic related.
>>
>>93828391
>She saved the world like, three times
No. Two out of four times, the villain disposed of him-/herself and the other two were defeated by Jinora.

Korra spent more time getting saved by others than doing any good.
>>
>>93828340
>Korra never shows that a woman can be a viable love interest

Did she have to? Like I had to stop playing Bioware games because they fucking started bringing out the trumpets every time people would declare themselves gay, trans, fucking otherkin or something

I was surprised to find them be bisexuals, but I don't need them to declare beforehand to be bisexuals to have it work, characters having hidden qualities is a favorite of mine, I hate it when people need to make it so obvious immediately who they are and what they do and that can never change
>>
>>93828391
No; she actually ruined the world because Unalaq and a little girl said so once.
>>
>>93828417
>Not a peep of complaint from anyone on here.
Are you kidding? No one liked the romance in S1. It got so bad they harassed Mako's VA on twitter for it.
>>
File: IMG_0305.jpg (166KB, 900x715px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0305.jpg
166KB, 900x715px
>>93813188
Is that really a official comic? The art is a eyesore.
>>
>>93828417
>Asami also fell in love with him immediately. Not a peep of complaint from anyone on here.

Mako towards Asami too, and then I'm pretty sure Bolin showed interest immediately as well, he did it towards Opal as well

I think it's fairly obvious that what some people are asking for is for Korra and Asami's first interaction to be Korra slapping Asami in the behind and have her blush
>>
File: Korra.png (162KB, 1285x976px) Image search: [Google]
Korra.png
162KB, 1285x976px
>>93818419
are you saying that anon is not nitpicking hard enough?
>>
>>93813354
>he doesn't know about the lgbt propaganda
>>
>>93828469
Isn't the difference though that people didn't enjoy the love triangle? Haven't heard anyone say that the relationships were not built up enough as they do the growing relationship between Korra and Asami
>>
>>93828451
Well yes she did. Otherwise Asami can't be a viable love interest if Korra is only ever attracted to males. And before you say it, yes her falling for Mako was also shit as anyone here will tell you.

And even if they didn't show any interest, they would have to aleast give them interactions that are romantic, instead they make them pen pals, in an age without long distance phones. Hell any intimate interaction would have been nice, but they don't do that either.

They set them up as BFFs for book 4 and never go beyond that in their interactions. Honestly you could replace Asami with Mako in book 4 and it wouldn't be romantic to anyone except Makorra shippers.

You can even make it a gradual reveal, but again they didn't do that.
>>
>>93813188
Post the tribbing scene or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>93828551
And just why do you think people didn't enjoy the love triangle?
>>
>>93828340
>They're arbitrarily choosing that Asami IS korras love interest since that is the only way for their interpretation of events to make sense.
Why do think that Korrasami - a gag couple - which no one took seriously in the first two years of the show, suddenly burst into popularity and credence around season three? It couldn't have been because there were interactions between the two that suggested the couple wasn't impossible?

Say "yuri goggles" all you want, but where were they for the first two seasons?
>>
>>93828553
Korra interacted more with Mako than with Asami on S4, even on the last episode Mako got more screenshots about him being worried about Korra, and the VAs admitted they re-recorded some lines. Maybe Makorra was endgame. We'll never know
>>
>>93828479
Except for a similar jacket, they have nothing to do with each other... I have this outrage culture.
>>
>>93828551
Their relationship is built up like shit, but it is built up. They don't start a romantic relationship right off the bat. Korra talks to people about mako, he talks to bolin. They spend an entire day looking for bolin together, and that is while the audience is well aware that there is attraction between the two. Makorra actually took quite awhile before it became an actual relationship. It's just that all the build up was shit.
>>
>>93828594
Drama was my takeaway from it, personally my reason for why I'm no fan of love triangles

Point is I never heard anyone claim that any of the previous relationships came from nowhere, not even when the relationship between Bolin and Opal happened faster than Zuko can yell honor
>>
File: so weak.gif (2MB, 268x151px) Image search: [Google]
so weak.gif
2MB, 268x151px
>>93818419
>She didn't even remotely master them
Ep 1: "Well done Korra. You've mastered your third element!"

>six years later
Anon: She dindu nuffin
>>
>>93828417
>Asami also fell in love with him immediately
No, Mako fell in love with Asami on first sight. She played the role of cool beauty that is helpful for no apparent reason because she was being built up as an Equalist spy. But then Bryke cut that plotline out and so Asami's character was hollowed out and reduced to Mako's armcandy.
>>
>>93828599
The couple got popular in season 3 because they had more screen time on the same screen. That's literally it. There is no logic when it comes to shipping in a fandom. Fandoms are fucking insane.
>>
>>93828599
It was very popular around book 2 actually and well established way before book 3. So their friendship growing through sparring, looking for airbenders and driving doesn't amount to romance at all. So yeah it is yuri goggles, that came on in book 1 when Asami was introduced. Just because you don't remember Korrasami from back then doesn't mean it wasn't there.
>>
>>93820007
>>93820110
I really wish Bryan had done the art. This is okay; but it's nothing special at all. Kind of a shame considering how good the series looked.
>>
File: 1450666991540.gif (782KB, 303x346px) Image search: [Google]
1450666991540.gif
782KB, 303x346px
>>93828599
>Asami's expressionless, static face.
>>
>>93828618
Maybe, but no one thought seriously that Makorra was going to come back which just proves the point.
>>
File: fixed.jpg (288KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
288KB, 600x900px
>>93820007
ftfy
>>
>>93828688
>because they had more screen time on the same screen
And it should be added, they had more screentime together the same way a 0.01 is greater than 0.
>>
>>93828527
I love how the the problems in season 4, mainly how the earth nation is then going to dissolve in complete and utter chaps, are still present at the end. The world needs the avatar now more than ever.

And she takes a fucking vacation.
>>
File: Asami in Republic City.jpg (499KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Asami in Republic City.jpg
499KB, 750x1125px
>>93828674
>But then Bryke cut that plotline out and so Asami's character was hollowed out and reduced to Mako's armcandy.

It was the other way around, She was a noncharacter until they abandoned the Equalist Asami idea. Then she had the second most important story of the first season. That that you'd know it with the show's bizarre fascination with propping up Mako.
>>
>>93828623
So your problem was that Korra didn't tell others about how she felt towards Asami? Because the two spent lots of time together, far longer than Korra and Mako, and the audience being aware of attraction is what I'm talking about, it was after just first glance, or I guess second for Mako, clear that they were into each other, just immediately attraction

Also I never talked with anyone about people I liked before I was officially in couple, that shit is something you only see on tv in my experience
>>
>>93828551
>the growing relationship between Korra and Asami
There is no more growing to korrasami than there was to makorra in the first season. The only difference is that; one, everybody hated Mako whereas Asami didn't blip on anyone's radar on account of her absent character; and two, lesbian pairings are gravy trains.
>>
File: 1460946444089.gif (288KB, 515x386px) Image search: [Google]
1460946444089.gif
288KB, 515x386px
>>93828770
>Then she had the second most important story of the first season.
She did?
>>
>>93828599
You have to remember that most teens see characters arguing and immediately think of the "opposites attract" trope. Asami and Korra spent more times arguing and hating each other than they did getting to like each other.

Also the fact that Asami just lost her father. And people honestly think that them starting a relationship was reasonable?
>>
File: tumblr_nx0n07Q9sw1ur19who1_400.gif (2MB, 381x210px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx0n07Q9sw1ur19who1_400.gif
2MB, 381x210px
>>93828688
>>93828740
Hey, who am I to argue with someone who's already made his mind up? :^)

Heck, they were barely onscreen together even in season three! What? They shared 90% of their screentime? Well, they certainly had no moments that would have raised red flags had it been a male in Asami's plac!!
>>
>>93828770
I don't know about second most important story, but she definitely had one of the most powerful moments in the season when she had to fight her father

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgScXoIY03k
>>
It's been almost 3 years and people still can't over that ending.
>>
>>93828835
>Asami and Korra spent more times arguing and hating each other
Not even that.

The most we got was in the second season, when Korra during an episode of amnesia running toward Mako to hug and kiss him and Asami glaring knives at them.
>>
>>93828875
get over*
>>
>>93828845
>no courtesy cunnilingus
Asami's a thot.
>>
>>93822491
Sounds like Degrassi next class. Feel good liberal shit, except the world bends the characters backwards to make us feel for their plight of being a young liberal. It was pure fucking kino though when I watched it at night and I was too tired to comprehend it.
>>
>>93828479
WE
>>
>>93827997
>Because the Order of the White Lotus answers to Asami, amirite
What the hell does that even mean?

>Do it then,
Tenzin's entire reason to exist as a character is to be there when Korra most needs. He is the one always giving her advice, even when she lost Raava and the avatar state. And again, she never lost contact with him; Tenzin got to go to the south just to see her.

>>93827997
>>93828206
>I don't get why spending time and sharing feelings and emotions with a similarly aged friend is the same as spending time with old mentors who also happens to be friends
Why do you think age matters for romance? look at Tenzin, for example.

>she also spent time with an old Katara, which means that if Korra can fall in love with Asami she must naturally also be able to fall in love with Katara
if your argument is literally that "they spent time together", then yes.

>Korra decided she likes Mako after watching him fight in the bending arena
How one gets attracted is irrelevant. How the romance develops is what matters. No one is saying Korra is not allowed to like Asami; what people are saying is that there was no goddamn buildup, which is true. Even for Mako she was always asking other people how she should proceed, and telling other people about her feelings, something she never did for Asami.
>>
>>93828845
Read >>93828688 again, you voluntary retard.
>>
File: predatory lesbian.gif (538KB, 402x264px) Image search: [Google]
predatory lesbian.gif
538KB, 402x264px
>>93828830
Amon/Tarlok are number one.Season one IS their story. Then Asami rejects her father to save Mako and Korra, only for Mako to fuck her ober, and Asami to have to fight her father nearly to the death in mecha suits.

It would have been more memorable if the show hadn't been jerking all over Mako and General Iroh.
>>
>>93828835
>Asami and Korra spent more times arguing and hating each other than they did getting to like each other

Korra spent like three episodes in the first season being jealous then after actually spending time together Korra apologizes for seeing her as a prissy princess

After that there is literally zero conflict between the two characters, they could have done it, there could definitely have been drama between the two because of the love triangle, but instead all of it gets channeled towards Mako
>>
>>93828786
My problem is that the time Korra and Asami spend together is meaningless filler for the most part. And the rest is less intimate than any other krew member including Tenzin. There is no base for a relationship there.

The attraction might have been instant for some, for others it might have built up over time. But it is impossible to doubt since it fills up 1/3rd of the season, and they don't start dating right away. Even so Korra and Mako spend meaningfull time together working on the relationship. Korra and Asami don't do that.

And your personal story even if that is how it happens IRL doesn't matter when it comes to stories. In stories you have to inform you audience about things otherwise they can't know. Sometimes the information can come later to clarify certain things. But in this case there is nothing to clarify as we allready had all the information. And the new information is incompatible with the old information.
>>
>>93828875
Considering the fuck load of plot holes and terrible writing in the show, the Korra and Asami relastionship is one of the most insignificant ones. They argue about it because it's the easiest to argue about.

Like does no one realize that Kuviras army followed her willingly? The leader surrending isn't the end, it's the start of a political powder keg, absolute inner turmoil in the earth kingdom

AND KORRA DECIDES TO TAKE A FUCKING VACATION
>>
>>93828479
I own a blue vest as well. Does that make me racist, too?
>>
>>93828931
>after actually spending time together Korra apologizes for seeing her as a prissy princess
and then proceeds to steal her boyfriend. They shouldn't even be friends.
>>
>>93828941
If I was Korra, I wouldn't want to deal with that shit either. I don't care if I'm the Avatar.
>>
>>93828931
They literally used amnesia to restart the love triangle in season 2.
And I'll agree that the majority of time spent between the two was in a neutral friendship zone, but there was almost zero interaction that could have been considered building them to a relationship.

At least no more than the time they spent hating each other
>>
>>93828941
To be fair, this isn't just LoK but a common Hollywood writing flaw. For some reason, Americans think if they overthrow a "bad" leader, everything will be fine. Life is a little more complicated.
>>
>>93828918
>Even for Mako she was always asking other people how she should proceed, and telling other people about her feelings

Which is rather iffy storytelling to be honest. Remember show don't tell. I'm more than ready to accept that by the end of the series Korra and Asami is romantically about where Korra and Mako were after the second episode and their first encounter together, before either Mako and Korra has had time to blab about their feelings
>>
>>93828928
Asami's role in S1 in the end amounted to two things: introducing secret Equalist Hiroshi Satou and being Korra's chaffeur. Take her away and all that would need changing is making Hiroshi's introduction slightly harder, but still doable.
>>
>>93829016
It's because everyone sees the world as black and white and they want easy resolutions to shit
>>
>>93829007
>At least no more than the time they spent hating each other

Korra disliked Asami, Asami never showed any ill will towards Korra, she is too pure for the world
>>
Am I the only one who doesn't think the ending implies Korra and Asami arent starting a relationship? They just fibished a war, saw multiple people die, almost died themselves, Asami lost her father, etc.

Holding hands and looking at each other doesn't mean they are starting a relationship. That shit was less romantic than Frodo and Sam in Morder.

It just looked like two friends being there for each other and consoling each other after a stressful as fuck series of events.
>>
>>93829046
I mean she also took down the secondary villain, that's kinda like ignoring Zuko taking down Azula just because the main fight is Aang against Ozai and the airship fleet

Still get a bit emotional when Asami takes down her own father and laments that he truly is a horrible father
>>
>>93813188

You know, this could have been a great story that taught young adults(who I assume is the target audience here) a little something about coming out, instead of just making a comic that clearly panders to the tumblr fanbase. At least one of the parents could have been a bit reluctant about the idea. Then, through a meaningful talk with their partner they could have had a heartwarming moment of acceptance with Korra and accepting Asami as part of their family. No, instead it's a one page 'DUH WELL OF COURSE WE'RE FINE WITH IT, IT'S 2017 RIGHT?".

I can't help but feel that it just sets up unreasonable expectations for maturing gay people. Let's face, it would be nice if everyone in the world was 100% tolerant, and there was no hate, or prejudice, or anything like that but we don't live in that world. This sort of shit just panders to people who have unreasonable expectations from the common everyday person and trains more of them.
>>
>>93813188
After how the show ended? Literally nothing. It's just confirming what we all knew. The porn has more validity to it but otherwise nothing changes.
>>
>>93829139
I would like to agree with you, but the comics are taking the other route of relationship. Though i imagine they want us to believe the relationship started way earlier than the handholding
>>
>>93829139
>That shit was less romantic than Frodo and Sam in Morder.

It's pretty much consensus that Frodo and Sam seem like they're fucking gay for each other
>>
>>93813269
>Just don't be poor
>>
>>93829187
If you're looking for a coming out story from Avatar you need to get fucking stabbed right now
>>
>>93829193
I couldn't care less aboutbthay comics, of anything it seems like them compensating for their bad writing which is why so much focus has been on the relationship. If the relationship was done well then there would have been no need to expand so heavily on it in the comics
>>
>>93829214
>If you're looking for a coming out story from Avatar you need to get fucking stabbed right now

They already did it, they just crammed it all in one page in a dumb way. I'm just saying that since they were doing it anyway, they at least could have made it meaningful.
>>
>>93829024
There is nothing of "telling" with Korra confiding in other people how she feels and trying their advices. That's showing. It's not like she was just stating how she feels; she was asking what to do, and actively trying to do it.

By the way, friendship is not buildup to Romance. By that logic Aang and Sokka ending together would make sense. You need actual romantic buildup to happen.
>>
>>93829214
ItS not that unreasonable, that's what the show has devolved into. Part of me thinks Bryke made this controversy to completely overshadow all the other fuck ups in the show
>>
>>93829293
As an aside the best relationships I've had started as relationships the spark was there from the beginning. There is some Hollywood idea that the best relationships or the majority of them start as friendships and i think that is a horrible message to tell
>>
>>93829165
Bolin and Iroh could've done that.

Sure, good child vs evil parent is a classic, but only when it doesn't get swept under the rug until the very, very end of the show. Otherwise, it's just gratuitous pathos, not unlike dead parents or giving a superheroine a rape backstory.

Imagine if Luke Skywalker forgot all about Darth Vader being his father as soon as he escapes Bespin.
>>
>>93829298
They absolutely did
>>
>>93829293
Aang and Sokka weren't even close friends
>>
>>93829345
Bolin vs Sato alone would have been great. The fight was coeographed very poorly with both Asami and Bolin fighting
>>
>>93829366
If anything I feel like their friendship should have been given more time
>>
>>93813188
Indifferent.

The father sees a hot lesbian couple and is wondering how he can incest himself in on this and the mother sees that their family is in a position to marry into A LOT of money
>>
>>93829341
>There is some Hollywood idea that the best relationships or the majority of them start as friendships

Not unless we live in bizarro land, like it's fully understandable why attraction and/or love at first sight is the norm, movies usually have like less than two hours to wrap things up, if you got another plot to tell the romance bullshit better resolve quickly, but there is no way the majority of Hollywood has love start as friendship, I don't even think they promote it as the best kind either, I'm actually having a bit of a difficulty remembering a iconic love story that begins with them as friends
>>
>>93829366
Of course they were. And they buildup is all there, you homophobe!

But seriously, you can't just consider friendship alone to justify pairing two characters. Look at Dragon Ball Z. Piccolo and Gohan ending together would make sense to you?
>>
>>93823900
So I just came back to this reply, and jesus
>And Then There Were None
Proper name is Ten Little Niggers
>Wander
What's Wander? Because I've never seen or read anything called Wander, I know there's Wander over Yonder the cartoon, but if you're using that as an example of a series better than Legend of Korra allow me to laugh
>>
>>93829527
Gohan and Dende makes super sense
>>
>>93829527
According to pixiv, Gohan/Piccolo seems to be popular among Japanese fujos
>>
File: Saitama ok.png (92KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Saitama ok.png
92KB, 500x375px
>>93813188
>>
>>93829743
It's just as deluded as Korra and Asami too
>>
>>93829974
In the words of the 45th president of the United States of America

Wrong
>>
>>93830006
You're right, it's more deluded.
>>
>>93827642
Fuck off Bolinfag. Go make a thread about how you self insert as him
>>
>>93827785
Pic related?
>>
>>93830031
Bigly wrong
>>
>>93830143
You're right, it's the biggest delusion in the history of delusions.
>>
>>93826470
Except they're not gay they married out of their own mutual love for an autist and to raise hus child together its even worse than Korra because they're never married in show its revealed in a shitty post series interview and they never showed mutual attraction to one another.
>>
>>93830217
You are indeed
>>
File: 1499896666468.jpg (42KB, 510x442px) Image search: [Google]
1499896666468.jpg
42KB, 510x442px
>>93827260
>Steven Universe's relationships have received much less backlash on.
>>
>>93826470
I wanted Orga and Kudelia to bang
>>
>>93830273
Isn't it just red midget and blue midget fuse into a giant red afro lady?
>>
>>93830273
Yeah, because they don't dodge the fact they're gay until the very last scene. It's an actual part of the plot.
>>
>>93824757
>>93824723
I always figured the guys who started living in the air temple would rediscover bending. Aang even says they act like airbenders.

But nope, gotta double down and show that bending is almost certainly genetic...
>>
>>93827916
>We saw from Wan that when not under Vaatu's influence, spirits can become friends and allies of humans.
Spirits acted like dicks in TLA and Vaatu was still sealed.
>>
>>93826470
>>93826384
>>93826295

Thanks for showing me which Gundam series to skip.

Goddamn I hate yuri.
>>
>>93826853
The water tribe has money. What they lack is population, and Korra won't be having kids.
>>
>>93827034
>>93827120
Because LoK ruined anything interesting about the setting and lore.

If it did have a next I'd hope it'd portray Korra as terrible in-universe fiction.
>>
>>93827260
>and Steven Universe's relationships have received much less backlash on
A swing and a miss.

SU is just as bad as Korrasami. Stop pushing queer shit onto kids. No fucking wonder less than 50% of current identifies as straight.
>>
>>93828206
>Do people really think it's weird that Korra and Asami develop feelings for one another as they're both of the same age, very attractive, and have both suffered heavy losses as the series progresses

When two previously straight characters who never had any chemistry do it? Yes, it's fucking weird. You don't come to the logical conclusion because you aren't shown the romance, you're told.

It's terrible story telling.
>>
>>93828356
>ou mean their pre-romance relationships? Aang and Katara, because the writers actually pushed Katara into centre stage (too much actually). Asami by comparison was shoved aside whenever it came time to give Mako and Bolin new, inane shit to do.
Don't forget that Aang's attraction to Katara is literally set up from episode 1 onwards.
>>
>>93822932
>>93822980
>>93823006
>>93823243
It's not about the explanation given, it's that it doesn't physically work. Metalbending bends impurities, which the metal moves with when it's solid. If the metal is a liquid, it doesn't have the physical bonds to be moved with the impurities. You'd just be pulling earth out of a liquid.
>>
>>93828391
>saved the world
>by letting the spirits back in freely again
>>
>>93828254
bioshock.
>>
>>93828599
Your yuri goggles are on so tight that they're inhibiting oxygen flow.
>>
>>93829974
Hardly. Gohan and Piccolo at least have interacted.
>>
>>93829196
Only because it was written in a time where you could be close friends with someone without wanting to fuck them.

We've truly regressed as a society in that regard.
>>
>>93829527
>Look at Dragon Ball Z. Piccolo and Gohan ending together would make sense to you
Bad example. Piccolo and Gohan have a father/son bond, whereas Korra had literally nothing with Asami.
>>
File: LordHater4.png (43KB, 330x380px) Image search: [Google]
LordHater4.png
43KB, 330x380px
>>93829684
>What's Wander? Because I've never seen or read anything called Wander, I know there's Wander over Yonder the cartoon, but if you're using that as an example of a series better than Legend of Korra allow me to laugh
Heard you talking shit like I wouldn't find out. WoY is ten times the show Korra was.
>>
>>93813188
is this the new "this is me"?
Thread posts: 521
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.