[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sooo....what is /co/'s opinion on this character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 41

File: IMG_1625.jpg (241KB, 1176x1768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1625.jpg
241KB, 1176x1768px
Sooo....what is /co/'s opinion on this character?
>>
shit that turns good straight people into full homosexuality
>>
File: JeanGreyPsylockeInferno.png (892KB, 609x525px) Image search: [Google]
JeanGreyPsylockeInferno.png
892KB, 609x525px
>>93806224
Worst X-Men character ever.

Jean has always abused her telepathy. I love how Psylocke has to keep slapping that bitch down.
>>
File: Psylocke_vs_The_Shrew.jpg (165KB, 620x941px) Image search: [Google]
Psylocke_vs_The_Shrew.jpg
165KB, 620x941px
>>93806329
>>
>>93806329
that Claremont, doing ahegao before that was a thing
>>
She needs to stop making people gay and stay dead
>>
/co is full of cykefags. On average, it hates all the X-Women but pretends to care about Emma Frost, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>93806224
Should've stayed dead.
And the phoenix shit done with the end of the Dark Phoenix saga.
>>
File: Don't_see_it_031_009.jpg (66KB, 456x273px) Image search: [Google]
Don't_see_it_031_009.jpg
66KB, 456x273px
>>93806224
She gets blamed for a lot of stuff she didn't do.
Stop and think about it. It's true.
Kinda makes her a victim character that way.
And that's odd because she began as a fem-empowerment character what with her being valued for her mind and not her body ... literally.
But people here on /co/ hate and fear her for the same reason she was a hated and feared mutant reject of fictional 616 society in issue #1 waaay back in the '60s : because she's an empowered woman.
That's just hilariously meta.
>>
>>93807238
>And that's odd because she began as a fem-empowerment character what with her being valued for her mind and not her body ... literally.
You, sir, have never red Lee's or Adams' X-Men.

She was literally the most uselles character, only useful when Professor X used her powers for her. She was never empowered or independent.

Is this the quality of current X-Fags?
>>
File: x-men-cyclops-emma-frost.jpg (79KB, 710x421px) Image search: [Google]
x-men-cyclops-emma-frost.jpg
79KB, 710x421px
>>93806588

It's been 14 years since G-Moz broke Scott and Jean up for Best X-Men Power Couple, get over it.
>>
File: wolverinejean14b.jpg (199KB, 864x1306px) Image search: [Google]
wolverinejean14b.jpg
199KB, 864x1306px
Reminder that, when Scott was passing through the roughest moment of his life, Jean asked Logan for an affair.
>>
File: wolverinejean14c.jpg (233KB, 864x1306px) Image search: [Google]
wolverinejean14c.jpg
233KB, 864x1306px
>>93807553
>>
I'm new and stupid, how does this "turn people gay" theory work?
Is it a variation of the classic misogynistic phobia of female influence upon one's own ridiculously insecure masculinity?
Is that why you don't want to be exposed to this female character?
Is THAT why you prefer really masculine men being as macho as possible?
Is it REALLY ... ?
Or is it a paranoid expression of virulent homophobia where you propagate the insult that homosexuality is an ailment to be inflicted as though it were a communicable disease?
That sounds more like it.
It seems like something /pol/ would advocate while wearing brown shirts and marching.
You /pol/ types DO like a dominant man in uniform.
But maybe it's something else...
Ever hear the phrase; "Me thinks he doth protest too much."?
Yeah, that's the one. It does explain the obsessive quality to these flamewar reposts, doesn't it?
After all, how can YOU ever let it go if you can never let go of what's inside you?
>>
>>93807932
Someone served this guy a big bowl of queerie'Os
>>
>>93807932
I didn't believe vaccines were causing autism, then I read this post
>>
I'm genuinely baffled why she's so popular. She's always stuck in a Cyclops/Wolverine love triangle, and then she always has these moments where she genocides planets and she always acts so huffy about it when people don't like her.

She got voted into bot MUA2 and Marvel Heroes due to fan demand, and I just don't get! What's her appeal? Being a massive selfish bitch?!
>>
File: x-men-dark-phoenix-comics.jpg (262KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
x-men-dark-phoenix-comics.jpg
262KB, 1280x800px
>>93806224
I think it's unfortunate that her character is forever overshadowed by one storyline and one plot device, namely the Phoenix.

Every continuity she's in she eventually succumbs once more to being a crazy fire goddess, and even in the main universe her character keeps falling back on it.

It was both the best and worst thing to ever happen to her, as it was a good story originally, but now it's all writers seem to be able to do with her.

It also cemented the Phoenix as a force of destruction that makes any body it possesses a huge asshole, even if that wasn't true for decades, the only aspect anyone uses anymore is "Oh shit, Phoenix is running wild again! What will we do!?"

It's all just a waste of storytelling potential.
>>
File: Jean Grey.jpg (472KB, 834x1534px) Image search: [Google]
Jean Grey.jpg
472KB, 834x1534px
>>
>>93806224
She sucks
>>
X-men and their backstories are roles as characters confuse the shit out of me.

As far as I can tell, Jean Grey has no features but somehow was a character for years before they thought of the whole Phoenix thing.

Was she just to make a love triangle with Scott? I don't even know who the third angle is.
>>
>>93806224
A really flat and worthless character whose biggest claims to prominence are relationship drama and being possessed.
Jean was just "the girl" for the group that didn't have a strong personality or interesting gimmick, until she got possessed by the Phoenix and from that point on her entire character gravitated around it because, without it, there was just nothing there but relationship drama.

I personally have no idea what is the appeal of Jean Grey as a character apart from shipping fodder for Scott/Logan, but I'm sure whoever likes her is probably upset that she is defined by the Phoenix Saga. Which, for what it's worth, was a good saga.
But I think we can all agree is that, if Jean even had a personality or interesting character traits prior to the Phoenix, we would have seen them resurface by now. Tons of characters have gone through prominent evil phases, and they rarely stuck. But they did with Jean.
>>
>>93806260
>shit that turns good straight people into full homosexuality
That's alternate-past-Jean, not the original Jean.

>>93807507
Face facts, virtually everything that's happened to X-Men from the late 90s onward has been a dumpster fire. Including your shitty OTP. Best thing Marvel could've done after Secret Wars 2015 rebooted the universe would've been to just retcon all that shit away.
>>
>>93808203
Before Scott/Logan, it was Scott/Warren.

She was neve NOT stuck in a shitty love triangle.
>>
>>93808203
>As far as I can tell, Jean Grey has no features but somehow was a character for years before they thought of the whole Phoenix thing.
You've got to remember that pre-Claremont, all of the X-Men were 1-dimensional and pretty boring. Can't really single Jean out on that one.
>>
>>93808309
>Everything after the 90s garbage
>Meaning all of Morrison
>X-Statix
>PAD's X-Factor
>Whedon's Astonishing
>Carey's run
Hmmm, alright anon, you hug your bust of Chris Claremont and cry and I'll keep filling out my comic collection OK?
>>
>>93808324
Funny thing was, at the time Wolverine had so little going for him as a character that the only thing they could think of to get people interested was "put him in a shitty love triangle with Scott and Jean."
>>
File: 1473765086170.png (251KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1473765086170.png
251KB, 500x375px
>>93808128
>I think it's unfortunate that her character is forever overshadowed by one storyline and one plot device, namely the Phoenix
See, that's the thing.
I can see why Jean fans are upset by how the Phoenix defines everything that she does and that happens to her, regardless of what media she's in. If I had a character I liked that one time went crazy with godlike superpowers, and that character became forever defined by this event, I'd be really pissed off too.
But you say Jean's character was forever overshadowed. And I ask you this: what is Jean Grey's character ?
If you remove the Phoenix (which doesn't add much), what is her character other than being a beloved and important figure in the lives of other characters, and being a girl stuck in a love triangle ?
>>
>>93808361
Most of the 90s was garbage too. A few good ideas here and there over the last 20 years, but the shit outweighs it massively.
>>
>>93808350
When I was voicing my ignorance, I meant it. I know fuck all. I've seen like 30 episodes of the Xmen show and Evolution. That's where my knowledge ends besides browsing /co/ or wikipedia.

Fuck, I just realized I don't even know what Scott's personality is. Nightcrawler was cool. Kitty too. I don't think they were on the original team. That was like Iceman and Angel.

>>93808324
Warren? Also, Logan and Grey always weirded me out because of age differences. Though I get Grey was an adult in the comics.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1988x1917px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1988x1917px
I feel like Jeen (not Jean, let's just keep her dead) would work a hell of a lot better as some sort of villain/anti-villain?
>>
>>93808382
tbf it led to arguably the greatest line in X-Men history. "I want you, Red... and what the Wolverine wants, the Wolverine gets!"
>>
>>93806224
Are you talking about Jean Grey or Phoenix cosplaying as Jean Grey?
>>
>>93808429
>Warren?
Angel/Archangel.
>>
>>93808475
>Logan pretty much treats Jean like a dirty redneck treats a waitress
>Jean runs to Xavier to tell him that, even though she loves her boyfriend Scott, she can't deny that this stinky, old manlet whom she barely knows fills her head with lustful thoughts.
I really don't know how people bought it up during the 70's. Claremont's X-Men is filled with shit like this.
>>
File: 5060201468813578.jpg (24KB, 250x275px) Image search: [Google]
5060201468813578.jpg
24KB, 250x275px
>>93807485

>literally the most useless character

Now who doesn't know their comics?
Remember when Angel had to be rescued from C.H.U.D. rape?
>>
>>93806224
a character that proves being attractive is nothing without a good personality
>>
>>93808559

You answered your own question, dude. The 70's was the golden age of the chest-carpet.
>>
File: Are you kidding me.jpg (282KB, 2099x1052px) Image search: [Google]
Are you kidding me.jpg
282KB, 2099x1052px
>>93808610
lol
>>
>>93808559
so many X-Men problems would have been solved if just one writer had had Logan hit on Jean and then had Jean start laughing in his face and saying it would never happen
>>
>>93808628
Being attractive in comics means fuck all. Every character looks different in every couple of panels.
>>
>>93808664
They couldn't even if they wanted. Claremont ran that shit for almost 2 decades. He wanted Jean to be into stinky manlets, so he made it. It is now and forever one of her two only character traits.
>>
>>93808559
Also you gotta remember for like the first year after he was introduced we literally never saw under Wolverine's mask. The initial idea was to make him a young punk, it was a last-minute stroke of inspiration to make him a grizzled old dude. Likewise for the first stretch of his existence he was basically a joke character who existed to act like a cocky asshole and then get blasted over the horizon like Team Rocket.
>>
>>93808393
That's what makes it tragic, because she's never been allowed to grow beyond that basic archetype because she keeps getting derailed by the damn Phoenix.

She's got two settings, the wholesome, supportive and beloved saint of Xavier's, forever torn between her feelings for two men, or nihilistic crazy bitch that's gonna destroy us all.

If the Phoenix wasn't hanging over her like the Sword of Damocles then she possibly could have grown to be her own character. Hell, she could've been the Phoenix and still been her pwn character, cosmic adventures in space, hello!

But no, she went through all of that, and rather than using it as a springboard for real development, they just hit the hard reset button and said it was never her in the first place, but then it happened again anyway.

Thus, wasted potential. Marvel could have turned her into their premier female hero decades ago by letting her reign in and control the Phoenix, then maybe we wouldn't have to go through all this bullshit with Captain Marvel.

It just aggravates me when I see stories that could've been told but now can't be told due to massive editorial cock-ups.
>>
>>93808799
>Likewise for the first stretch of his existence he was basically a joke character who existed to act like a cocky asshole and then get blasted over the horizon like Team Rocket.
This doesn't explain why Jean was so much into him. Nothing explains;
>>
>>93808867
Jean had spent basically her whole life in prep schools surrounded by clean-cut pannywastes like Scott and Warren. The first real bad boy she ever met and you're wondering why she was into him?
>>
File: cutie.jpg (654KB, 1987x925px) Image search: [Google]
cutie.jpg
654KB, 1987x925px
Teen Jean is a cute!
>>
>>93808137
Holy shit source?
>>
>>93808916
The guy was old as fuck, shorter than her, barely intelligible and fucking smelled, and his interactions with her were basically "I will have you one day". I don't see this type getting nice girls.
>>
File: 1493066130634.jpg (457KB, 650x1791px) Image search: [Google]
1493066130634.jpg
457KB, 650x1791px
>>93806224
Only good for being a cumdumpster
>>
>>93808968
It's an edit anon
>>
>>93806224
I guess similar to the in-universe view of her I like the idea of Jean Grey; but that hasn't worked out well in reality. I think she was good during certain runs like Morrison, but overall she's been either underused or over romanticized in later years.
If she'd stayed dead she'd be remembered much more positively. The ret-con ultimately ruined her character even if there were still some good uses later.
Modern Nu-Jean is utter shit and an embarrassment for the brand.
I also feel like she's one of the characters with the most continuity issues; I feel like writers are constantly forgetting she wasn't the Dark Phoenix, and a variety of other errors.
>>
File: ey4.jpg (84KB, 444x264px) Image search: [Google]
ey4.jpg
84KB, 444x264px
>>93808990
Confidence is very sexy.
>>
>>93807932
I'mma be honest, didn't read past the first couple lines of what is probably a troll post, but as a serious answer regardless, it's just that "Bobby your gay" came out of nowhere, and young Jean has no clear moral compass in terms of power abuse so people just ascribe the sudden and seemingly random character change to her actions.
>>
>>93808990
A lot of that characterization of Logan is retroactive.
>>
>>93809220
But I'm talking about Claremont's Logan from the time he was introduced.
>>
>>93808128
>>93808866

She's not a fucking character. She's

A) Outdated tokenism
B) Plot device

Outside of that, she's shit. Shit love triangle, shit powers outside of phoenix, fucking useless without Phoenix, completely irrelevant as a female lead as there's a sea of them who can fill that spot better.
>>
>>93808610
Actually, now that you mention it, Jean and Warren are exactly the same. Whitebread characters who's only notable story is going evil. The difference is no one gives a shit about Warren deservedly so, while everyone still makes a big deal about Jean.
>>
>>93809291
Calm yourself, I'm not trying to defend Jean as she's been presented, because she's exactly as you say.

What I'm saying is that something could have been done with her, but nobody bothered. It's not the character's fault she doesn't have a character.
>>
File: i_cant_control_it.png (399KB, 400x445px) Image search: [Google]
i_cant_control_it.png
399KB, 400x445px
>>
>>93809371
I don't see the reason to even bother. Its hard to figure out what to do with the character because you can't really justify her place in the series. Its not about accepting she sucks. I think most have, its just cutting your losses and moving on that's a sticking point.
>>
>>93806224
a firecracker that's already exploded but marvel still trying to light up
>>
>>93809419
I think Young Jean could be a good character. She doesn't have the shit baggage that was "MUH PHOENIX" and "MUH LOVE TRIANGLE".

Could being the key word here, since Bunn is already setting up a Jean/Scott/Wolverine triangle in X-Men Blue.
>>
>>93809220
>>93809242

Logan being older than the other X-Men wasn't revealed until about a year after he joined the team, but "Jean is attracted to Logan" was a mid-1980s retcon Claremont added in the backup stories to the 'Classic X-Men' reprint book.
>>
File: Sexy_Showdown.jpg (3MB, 5000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Sexy_Showdown.jpg
3MB, 5000x2000px
>>93808990
>barely intelligible

That shit is completely wrong. Wolverine was arguably the most cultured of the team precisely because he was old as fuck.

Also

>undesirable

Bitches love them some Logan sauce.
>>
>>93809501
Her whole solo comic is about "muh phoenix" though. Even though young Jean never had it she's traumatized by becoming it because that's the only character trait anyone can think of giving her.
>>
>>93809509

Him being a total pig was in there from the start tho!
>>
>>93808122
She's the chick the leader of the most popular team of all time and the most popular character from 1980-2000 lusted after.
>>
I see a lot of assholes here who don't read comics. This offends me.
I'm particularly offended by the dickshits who hate Jean for being female, and then claim she has no redeeming characteristics because she isn't busty and mindlessly obedient enough, or say they don't like her personality as they describe someone not portrayed in any comic.
It's almost as offensive as the idiots who can't read what Jean actually did in the comics and so make up bullshit to be offended by.
That's just offensive levels of illiteracy and delusion on display.

Jean is not the Phoenix. If you had read the comics you would know that. She might not even be telepathic. Like the Phoenix flame and reality-warping, the overpowered telepathy was a Phoenix trait.
And Jean didn't like Wolverine until the Phoenix possessed her, it's the Phoenix that Logan's in this love affair with. It's not Jean who's cheating on Scott.
So stop whining about how awful Jean is when you didn't even read the fucking comic and don't know who you're whining about.

Claremont's original plan for the Phoenix saga ended with the Phoenix being exorcised from Jean by the space aliens, allowing her and Scott to retire to Alaska. Wolverine, who had fallen in love with the Phoenix personality and not Jean, would leave the team heartbroken as the big loser of the love triangle. Professor X would stay in space to marry Lilandra and Claremont would have a book full of only his own original characters, just as he always planned.
Blaming only the female character for that storyline having never been resolved thanks to editorial meddling is just you idiots revealing your own fear and hatred of g-g-girls. Grow the fuck up.
Jean didn't ruin the Phoenix Saga. She wasn't even in it.
>>
>>93809935
>And Jean didn't like Wolverine until the Phoenix possessed her, it's the Phoenix that Logan's in this love affair with. It's not Jean who's cheating on Scott.
Claremont himself wrote stories of Pre-Phoenix Jean being attracted to Logan.
>>
>>93809935
She was even worst after coming back from the dead and revealing she was never Pheonix. She immediately started a love triangle between Angel and Scott instead.
>>
>>93809985
She met him twice before the Phoenix took her place, during and directly after the Krakoa story and during a Sentinel story that ended with her death and meeting the Phoenix. She had a very low opinion of Logan.
And after the Phoenix, she was never entirely Jean ever again.

>>93810006
Kinda forgetting a marriage there, aren't you?
>>
>>93810194
In the 80's Claremont wrote stories that took place before the Phoenix Saga and he made Jean attracted to Logan there.
>>
>>93810235
Phoenix saga? OR the Phoenix possession that took place between issue #100 and #101?
Because so far you seem to have trouble recognizing redheads and there was about 30 issues before Dark Phoenix.
"Jean" didn't even return to the X-Men, or the school, until after she was replaced, Wolverine was never there until that first Krakoa mission, when Jean quit the team along with the rest of the O5 supporting cast.
The abduction by the Sentinels and imprisonment in space was the next time she interacted with Logan, and they didn't get along at all in that story. And that story ended with the fateful shuttle ride.
>>
>>93810565
>Phoenix saga? OR the Phoenix possession that took place between issue #100 and #101?
>Because so far you seem to have trouble recognizing redheads and there was about 30 issues before Dark Phoenix.
"Classic X-Men #1" by Claremont. It happens chronologically before X-Men #94, before the Phoenix possession, and there Jean says with all letters that she is attracted to Logan.
>>
>>93809519
Wait, when did Peter kiss Sue?
>>
>>93810672
That's between leaving Krakoa in #93 and the opening of #94, where Logan rudely tells Jean to just leave the team.
Even if Jean liked him in some initial estimation, the feeling wasn't mutual.
And later on, in #100, Jean had some choice things to say about Logan.

Face it, it's a Phoenix/Logan thing, not a Jean/Logan thing.
>>
>>93806224
Love the real Jean. Absolutely hate AU teen Jean.
>>
>>93810970
Your "REAL" Jean was an amalgam of the Phoenix persona, Madelyne Pryor, and the Jean leftovers from dying and giving half her soul to the Phoenix.
They all got mushed together inside Jean's head at one point.
Teenager Jean is the real unadulterated Jean, she just hasn't grown up yet.
>>
>>93808361
>>93808361
>I'll keep filling out my comic collection

Comics aren't worth "collecting".

Switch to Pogs.
>>
>>93808638
>he 70's was the golden age of the chest-carpet

...gas-lines, underage titties in movies, and the unironic wearing of all-polyester clothing...
>>
>>93811103
Go home Bendis.
>>
>>93808867
Pheromones; all that body- hair holds the man-scent very well.
>>
>>93809364
>no one gives a shit about Warren

I do.
>>
>>93810970
>teen Jean

Nothing wrong with TJ.
>>
File: 1485282764560.gif (476KB, 188x174px) Image search: [Google]
1485282764560.gif
476KB, 188x174px
>>93808137
Sauce on the bottom pic?
>>
File: 1486960662833.jpg (31KB, 325x282px) Image search: [Google]
1486960662833.jpg
31KB, 325x282px
>there are people on this Earth who dislike Scott
>>
>>93812457
For most of my comic reading experience I was ambivalent about him, then after AvX all the Rightclops shit put me off him almost entirely. But then the whole Inhumans shitshow has made me way more sympathetic to Cyclops than I ever was before.
>>
>>93812492
>reading anything after AvX
You have only yourself to blame. The ONLY good thing to happen in AvX was their costumes.
>>
>>93812509
Oh I didn't read it. I just stick around here learning the storylines through the filter of other anon's shit posting in anger.
>>
Jean was terrible for Scott, and Scott + Emma are much better.

But Jean didn't need to die. The best option would have been getting a divorce like adults, and having Jean Wolverine as new couple.
>>
>>93806379
>the psychic totality of her telepathic powers
I had blocked that out....

>>93812528
Maybe try reading the comics, then? Just a thought? Form your own opinions?
>>
>>93806224
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!
>>
>>93812705
Your saying to read Inhumans Vs X-Men? No I think I'm good.
>>
>>93811494
it's clearly not Bendis posting that. There's not a chance in hell he knows the lore behind the first part of that post
>>
>>93812509
>The ONLY good thing to happen in AvX was their costumes.
And Muh Phoenix
>>
>>93806588
/co/ does not hate Storm and Rogue, you are lying
>>
>>93807238
>/co/ hates her because she's an empowered woman
This is bait, right? Even hardcore SJWs would agree Teen Jean is a mega cunt, nothing to do with gender
>>
>>93808990
He didn't look that old though, right? Like they might know he's 200 but he only looked 30, so it didn't really matter on a physical basis
>>
only the costume is good, Jean is shit
>>
>>93812509
god they are all so hot
>>
>>93806588
I'm a big Cyclops fan and love almost every female X-Man including Jean, quit making shit up
>>
>>93812457
Absolutely fucking based
>>
>>93810959
Look, man, you said that the real Jean NEVER liked Logan and her attraction towards him were basically the Phoenix messing with her head. Claremont showed Phoenixless Jean already thinking about cheating on Scott with Logan. She barely even knew the guy at the time, he treated her like a pig, and she was seriously considering leaving Scott for him. There's no Phoenix to blame here.

Face it: Claremont's attempts to make Jean three-dimensional made her shallow and weak-willed.
>>
>>93809519
>IronMan's Body Count
>Iron-ManSlut
>>
>>93810970
Teen Jean is objectively better than "real" Jean.
>>
>>93806260

That would be Bendis...
>>
File: emma_cyclops.jpg (33KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
emma_cyclops.jpg
33KB, 480x358px
>>93807507
Cyclops and Emma was one of the best things to happen to the X-Men. Thank you Grant Morrison.

Thank you to Ellis for giving the great follow up on this power couple deserved.
>>
>>93806588
>On average, it hates all the X-Women

t. Jeanfag

X-women are loved on average over X-men. Sorry your waifu isn't as loved as the others.
>>
File: theRoleshavechanged.png (554KB, 1194x686px) Image search: [Google]
theRoleshavechanged.png
554KB, 1194x686px
>>93812740
>>
>>93818791
Thank you, Bendis, for destroying the only good relationship that Cyke ever had.
>>
>>93808946
No, she's a vindictive bitch.
>>
>>93812509
Those costumes are alright, but the best thing to come out of this shitfest was the "Muh Phoenix" parody.
>>
>>93812705
Yeah, that was a pretty silly phrase. I liked this more for the fact that Psylocke didn't put up with Jean's shit.
>>
>>93807238
Victim CompleX in full effect.

The only problem here is Jean is the abuser.
>>
File: BENDIS.gif (1MB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
BENDIS.gif
1MB, 355x200px
>>93818791
>>
File: PatsyStone.jpg (48KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
PatsyStone.jpg
48KB, 640x640px
>>93819020
I can't believe how much suppressed butthurt and rage I have towards Bendis.
>>
>>93819020
To be fair, even though Bendis was the one who destroyed Scott/Emma, Gillen was the one who planted the seed there for nothing but cheap drama. He holds some blame.
>>
>>93819094
You're not wrong. But I have rose tinted glasses when it comes to Kieron Gillen and his body of work.

The guy is just a great dude in general. I got to chat with him and artist Steven Sanders several years ago on the Marvel boards.

Both are great guys and super cool.
>>
>>93819150
I'm not saying he isn't a great guy, I'm just saying that his decision to insert some drama into Scott/Emma gave Bendis the means to destroy a couple that was perfect before the two.

Had Gillen stayed on X-Men, he would probably make Emma betray Scott for shit reasons, too.
>>
File: cute.jpg (58KB, 453x290px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
58KB, 453x290px
>>93818909
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!
>>
>>93806224
She's a beautiful, shining angel and a bastion of goodness in a crapsack world
>>
>>93819436
>killed 6 billion innocents
>bastion of goodness
>>
File: emma frost bas.jpg (91KB, 580x763px) Image search: [Google]
emma frost bas.jpg
91KB, 580x763px
>>93806588
emma being far better than jean has nothing to do with looks
>>
>>93819302
Agreed. I thought Gillen was being tongue in cheek with the drama. I think he was still miffed about S.W.O.R.D. being cancelled.

He stated he was a big fan of Abigail Brand and Beast.
>>
>>93819325
If she keeps pounding down that ramen she's going to get fat.
>>
>>93819550
Your disgusting propaganda does not phase me
>>
>>93819973
>committed genocide solely to masturbate.
>not feeling any remorse

Yep, Jean is a sociopath.
>>
Post more Young Jean so I can form an opinion on her. I tried reading AN X-Men when it came out, but I lost interest.
>>
>>93820028
>committed genocide solely to masturbate.
Sauce NOW.
>>
>>93809935
>and then claim she has no redeeming characteristics because she isn't busty and mindlessly obedient enough

Jean wasn't busty enough? Now you're just making things up, anon.
>>
>>93819094
>>93819302

That was really /co/'s idea of the perfect romance? It was hard to picture them ever getting married, having a family, growing old together. It's hard to imagine Emma even wanting any of that.
>>
>>93820061
Claremont himself states this in every interview he's done on the The Dark Phoenix Saga.

That scene was not in the original script, rather a scene Claremont himself scripted.

Did none of you read the articles CBR released before being bought out?
>>
>>93820785
That head is way too big for that body.

Bad artist needs to work on his anatomy.
>>
>>93820869
They were happy together and their intimacy was bigger than possible. She lived inside his head and knew every thought of his, while never lying to him. Compare this to Scott/Jean.
>>
>>93820869
That's why it was the perfect romance. Marriage is an archaic business transaction, growing old sucks, and Fuck children.

Times change.
>>
>>93820869
sounds perfect to me. I don't shit human relying on me for everything
>>
>>93820988

When did Jean lie to Scott?

When were they ever 'not happy' together until Morrison?
>>
>>93821921
Do you think she ever told to Scott how many times she and Logan made out while she was with him?
>>
>>93821921
The 90s. When Psylocke was trolling Jean by flirting with Cyclops.

Psylocke is a telepathic, too. She knew how miserable Cyclops was with Jean.

Emma started fucking Cyclops to troll Jean. She used his need for intimacy to lure Cyclops into a psychic affair.
>>
>>93822075
>The 90s. When Psylocke was trolling Jean by flirting with Cyclops.
>Psylocke is a telepathic, too. She knew how miserable Cyclops was with Jean.

Scott wasn't miserable because of Jean, he was miserable because he had to send his son on a one-way trip into the future to save his life.

He was then even more miserable because he thought his son had returned as Stryfe.
>>
>>93824489
And Jean didn't care. Instead she rubbed it in his face.

Jean tried to kill Cable and Rachel because she rejected them. She didn't like either of them.
>>
>>93806224
One thing.
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
>>
>>93824778
>Jean tried to kill Cable and Rachel because she rejected them. She didn't like either of them.

What issue was that? If you mean that annual with Mastermind, you're being misleading, that wasn't really Cable or Rachel.
>>
>>93824956
I'd find the scan, but I think it was during her X-Factor days.

I'm on my tablet at the moment. Give me some time to find the scan.
>>
>>93824989
Couldn't find it. So until further notice, disregard my earlier post, 4chan.>>93824778
>>
>>93806224
What's some good reading for Jean Grey?
>>
>>93806224
I wonder how she would act if she lost her mutant abilities.
>>
>>93825678
Dark Pheonix lead up and saga. That is all
>>
File: Everything is fine.jpg (617KB, 911x2799px) Image search: [Google]
Everything is fine.jpg
617KB, 911x2799px
>>93820038
>>
File: Morrison-Jean-Grey-1.jpg (532KB, 936x914px) Image search: [Google]
Morrison-Jean-Grey-1.jpg
532KB, 936x914px
>>93825678
She's good in Morrison's run.
>>
>>93809519
>Emma lowest on the list

Where the fuck did "Emma is a slut" meme come from then? Even in real life standards 5 people is average for a woman. 3 of those are in LTRs too unless I'm mistaken.

As usual Kitty Pryde is full is full of shit
>>
>>93826125
Emma is kinky, not a slut
>>
>>93826265

She's wearing a slut's uniform.
>>
>>93826265
She's pretty slutty. Seducing Scott away while he was still with Jean. She also fucked Namor.
>>
>>93826361
Is every woman that goes to night clubs a slut? Cause if you ever go one you will see even more skin
>>
>>93826463
everyone fucks Namor
>>
>>93807932
Is this pasta? This looks like pasta.
>>
>>93809519
This image needs updating
>>
>>93826467

Night clubs? This is a board for wizards and anons who are training to be wizards.
>>
Was Ultimate Jean Grey any good as a character?
>>
>>93826728
>people can't do two things
>>
>>93807932

Could have just stopped at "I'm new and stupid"
>>
>>93820869
Disagree. Emma treats the cuckoo's with with love and adoration and they're pretty much her children. Having kids changes people especially women. The world looks very different when you have skin on it's future.

I'd even argue that Emma would happily retire of she can teach children. People seem to forget that with all of Emma's fault the love of teaching has always been consistent with her
>>
>>93820869
This >>93827138
She says so many times how much she loves teaching, and she'd probably be ecstatic to marry Cyke, settle down and have kids with him.

As usual though Marvel can't do anything good, see Spidey and MJ, so their relationship is broken, Cyke is killed and I have no idea what's happening with Emma. I fucking love the X-Men and always will, but I haven't touched anything X-related ever since I got back into comics and witnessed AvX.
>>
>>93819654
She already looks pretty pudgy based on the art.
>>
>>93827249
To add, doesnt Scott and Emma have kids in the House of M timeline? Well I guess that irrelevant coz they're not even muties and are not subject to experiences of being one. Also is there any panels on how mutant reproduction works? Are 2 muties going to have a mutie kid 99% of the time?

>Marvel doing anything good.

I'm gonna sound /pol/ here but Marlel seems to have something against long happy monogamous relationships. Is Reed and Sue the only one left? They ruined Scott and Jean, Scott and Emma, Havok and Polaris, Ororo and BP, Medusa and BB maybe countless others I'm missing
>>
>>93806224
Jean is Life, Jean is Love.
>>
>>93827442
I think there is a chance muties can have non-mutie kids, but idk. I would read the fuck out of a comfy comic where Cyke works a 9-5 job and Emma raises their kids. God, what the fuck has happened to Marvel. I'm gonna re-read Claremont's run starting today.
>>
>>93827442
>Happy and monogamous relationships

As a matter of fact, YES, they very much do have something against them.
Look at their major characters: every great Marvel character has a tragic love story in their past.
Spidey has ... had Gwen.
Banner had Betsy Ross.
Cap had Buck- ... Peggy Carter.

It's a storytelling gimmick. Soap opera stuff.
That's how they reel you in, these emo love triangles and dramatic twists.

And poor Scott has that dead girlfriend who he just can't let go of. Of course, the twist being...
>>
File: NXM-141-19.jpg (746KB, 1280x1966px) Image search: [Google]
NXM-141-19.jpg
746KB, 1280x1966px
This is the best thing Jean ever did
>>
>>93828863
that was my favorite arc
>>
>>93828901

I think Jean + Phoenix is a great character, but almost divine, and Goku-Superman tier in powerlevel.
For Scott to sleep with her in that state, it would be like sleeping with Galactus. She became completely unrelatable. Her true husband is the Phoenix, not Scott. Scott was getting cucked by a bird.
>>
Jean Grey is the worst fictional character ever created.
>>
>>93827442
>>93828452

In House-of-M Scott and Emma didn't have any kids, but Emma did work with kids as a therapist of some sort.
(and don't believe the wiki, Scott was not a pilot)

But mutants sometimes have human offspring,
Mystique and Sabretooth had Graydon Creed,
Quicksilver and the Inhuman Crystal had a human baby together.
(whatever happened to that brat?)

X-genes don't always activate.
>>
>>93829302
>Quicksilver and the Inhuman Crystal had a human baby together.
>(whatever happened to that brat?)
Following House of M Quicksilver was one of the mutants who lost his powers. He stole the crystals that produce the Terrigen Mists from the Inhumans and used them to restore his own powers, and then he used them to give Luna powers as well.
Apprently Terrigen Mist activates dormant X-genes, as he also used it to give a bunch of other mutants their powers back, but most (or maybe even all, I haven't read this story in a long time) lost control of their powers and died as they were much stronger than before.
>>
>>93829302
>>93829490

that is one of the problems of the Wanda not Magneto's daughter retcon. Wanda herself depowered Quicksilver in House of M.

Anyway, Wanda being an overpowered reality manipulator, may simply have changed reality to make Magneto not longer her (and hers brother) father.
>>
>>93829490
>>93829551

Anons, the question was
>whatever happened to that *BABY*?
I really am curious now,
does this story involve a dingo?
Is there a shallow grave somewhere I should know about?
Did it's mommy expose it to magic farts and turn it into a pug-nosed puppy?
>>
>>93829900
It grew up into a child. Babies do that, even in comics. It just takes longer.
>>
Looks like Gwyneth Paltrow in that picture.
>>
File: 1376658857985.png (210KB, 732x694px) Image search: [Google]
1376658857985.png
210KB, 732x694px
>>93806224
I CAN'T
>>
File: Angrey red cat.jpg (11KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
Angrey red cat.jpg
11KB, 318x313px
>>93817010

Gender-Bender-Bendis?
>>
File: qaqaqa.png (291KB, 426x417px) Image search: [Google]
qaqaqa.png
291KB, 426x417px
>>93806588
t. not a cykefag
>>
>>93825800
Holy fuck. This is monstrous. How are y'all not talking about this? This isn't Phoenix or anything.
>>
>>93829009
Worse then Squirrel Girl?
>>
>>93828863
I really wish Morrison's X-Men didn't fall off a cliff after the murder mystery arc
>>
>>93808435
Most modern characters would work better as villains.
>>
>>93808361
Out of those only
>PAD's X-Factor
>Carey's run
are worth keeping, though.
>>
>>93830820
>X-Statix
>not worth keeping
Sure thing, m8.
>>
>>93830682
Everyone already knows teen Jean is a horrible person.
>>
File: get back in the house.jpg (42KB, 487x119px) Image search: [Google]
get back in the house.jpg
42KB, 487x119px
>>93830682
>>
>>93830797
Yeah, like Scott.
Best villain ever.
>>
>>93831062
He'd be seen as a pure villain in the 70s/80s but he'd be a goody two shoes hero by the 90s.
>>
>>93812661
jean Wolverine is even worse
>>
>>93825800
I wonder how long it will take for Marvel to have a writer and editor bring up this (and Bobby's manipulation) in an arc that paints her as really evil. Probably never.
>>
>>93809519
Spidey needs Mockingbird added to the list as of today.
>>
File: 1494262154601.jpg (8KB, 323x241px) Image search: [Google]
1494262154601.jpg
8KB, 323x241px
>>93808137
every thread
>>
File: Beast_recontructing_Emma.jpg (158KB, 326x500px) Image search: [Google]
Beast_recontructing_Emma.jpg
158KB, 326x500px
>>93828863
Jean really did redeem herself there. I loved that Beast tirelessly tried to reassemble Emma and was adamantly convinced Emma wasn't dead.

Great arc, and great run in general. I'm that contrarian who loves Planet X and Here Comes Tomorrow.
>>
>>93831434
Jean/Logan has never happened sadly.

Too many Cykefags in editorial.
>>
>>93807238
/co only appreciates female characters for cheesecake.

It is what it is. We are where we are.
>>
>>93831766
DC pays their shitpost shills, and they pay them well.
Well, it's that or there's one really sad little autist out there ...

It's the autist, isn't it?
>>
File: wolverine121.jpg (173KB, 564x768px) Image search: [Google]
wolverine121.jpg
173KB, 564x768px
>>93832331
You're not alone, friendo. Planet X and HCT form a great climax to the run.

Also Marc Silvestri is like my favorite artist when my favorite artist isn't Leinil Yu
>>
>>93832331
How many times does this have to be repeated?
The Phoenix is not Jean, Jean is not the Phoenix.
Every time Jean uses god-level powers, that's not Jean Grey doing that shit.
>>
>>93807238
>sympathizing with the mind rapist
>>
>>93833808
We get it, we didn't pay enough attention to your little cry for help headcanon art project cut-n-post, and now you're punishing the thread for that with your shitposting and samefagging links back to your past failure.

We're SORRY. You ARE a special little snowflake who's insecure tantrum deserves all of everyone's attention. You are.

There. Happy now?
NOW can this thread be about something other than you telegraphing what a huge closet-case you are?
>>
>>93834024

Is this bait?
>>
>>93833462
There WERE, maybe. Not enough nowadays it seems.
Thread posts: 207
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.