[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I get 7 comics or one comic with all the issues in it? (pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: c529c472635e08b2409490060dcab9c0.png (272KB, 1123x412px) Image search: [Google]
c529c472635e08b2409490060dcab9c0.png
272KB, 1123x412px
>>
You'll get a trade paperback with all 7 issues in it.
have you seriously never seen a comic book trade, even in your look book store?
>>
You'll get the trade which has all those issues bound into a paperback book
>>
>>93799601
Nope I am a virgin to comics, only now getting interested in them.
>>
>>93799627
I'd probably go for Year One if you are a comic virgin.
>>
>>93799646
Okay I shall look into it. Thank you!
>>
>>93799646
Eh, Year One is not really even about Batman, it's more about Gotham in general of the first year he's around. The Snyder run is more like a traditional modern superhero comic
>>
>>93799703
I just want something that has a dark atmosphere, has a serious tone and good villains. If anyone has any suggestions I will look into them all.
>>
>>93799729
Year One only has regular dudes as the antagonists, it's way more grounded. The one you have in the OP is the other run I was talking a out and it fits your description a lot. I would also recommend looking into Grant Morrison's "Batman epic" for more modern, dark, Batman comics. There should be a reading order online for it, it might seem confusing but it's worth it.
>>
>>93799729
This does not have good villains.
>>
>>93799858
Morrison Batman is not a good first read for someone just getting into comics.
>>
>>93799858
Why are you recommending the Bat Epic to a new reader? Are you insane?
>>
>>93799917
>>93799952
Not that guy, but I literally started reading comics with Batman & Son and did just fine.
>>
>>93799969
That said, I would still recommend Long Halloween over it
>>
I'm new at Batman. What would you recomend to start? I only read the Killing Joke and Earth One
>>
>>93801774
Long Halloween is both great book and great entry book
>>
>>93801895
thanks, I'll check it out
>>
>>93799559
>/co/ is this casual now
Holy shit, man
>>
>>93799646
This right here, Snyder's run is mediocre, almost turned me off from comics when my friend said this was one of the best Batman series ever
>>
File: BatEpic.gif (498KB, 1008x1836px) Image search: [Google]
BatEpic.gif
498KB, 1008x1836px
>>93799952

You don't even have to do the Bat Epic itself but some of the stuff in the Preptime bit like TKJ, Year One, Shaman, and The Cult are good for getting into Batman as a character.
>>
Batman: The Long Halloween
The Dark Knight Returns
The Killing Joke
Batman: Year One

Grant Morrison's work is good, but not where I would start with necessarily. Don't read Snyder. And good luck.
>>
>>93802614
(TKJ stands for The Killing Joke)
Also Batman: Living Hell is nice. It's about a white collar criminal (Bernie Madoff-type) who gets locked up in Arkham with all of Batman's villains. Batman plays a smaller role.
>>
>>93799559
While i we always recommend buy trades to support publishers if you really want to get into comics but don't know whats good or bad and afraid of wasting money then go here and read a shit ton of comics for free from mainstream to indie they have it all

http://readcomiconline.to/Search/Comic
>>
>>93799703
Snyder's run is about challenging Batman's core ideals, it makes no sense to start there if you don't understand what Batman fundamentally stands for. Year One is a good place to start because it familiarizes you with the most important character in the Batman mythos: Gotham City. You find out what it was like before Batman came to be and why his emergence was important to the city and its citizens.
>>
>>93799729
Long Halloween is your best bet
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.