[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is Oz?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 9

File: tri_cv8.jpg (315KB, 800x1215px) Image search: [Google]
tri_cv8.jpg
315KB, 800x1215px
Who is Oz?
>>
>>93797646
Superboy Prime.
>>
New 52 Lex.
>>
>>93797646
Pa/Someone from the LOSH/Pre-Flashpoint Lex/some self-insert
>>
Ozymandias.
>>
>>93797788
Dubs for truth

It obviously is. Johns is doing some retarded crossover with Watchmen
How can Manhattan be the only one involved?

Mr Oz is going to be some kind of super-future transcended Ozymandias or some shit
>>
File: IMG_1986.jpg (48KB, 300x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1986.jpg
48KB, 300x414px
Post-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint Lex Luthor
>>
>>93797783
>Pa
Pls don't.
>>
>>93797646
pre-flashpoint lex. like pre-fp superman and lois he was outside the universe when flashpoint hit
>>
>>93797646
your mom is oz

but nah, obviously it's the wizard
>>
>>93797646
Grant Morrison
>>
>>93797646
like others have said, pre-flashpoint lex
>>
>>93797935
PLEASE!
>>
>>93797646
An aged and balding Barry Allen from the Pre-Crisis of Infinite Earth timeline.
>>
>>93797646
Pa Kent

"Just like I taught you, Clark"
>>
ozymandias is the obvious fakeout

it's going to be like kingdom come supes or pre-crisis superman
some random legion character that johns has a boner for
earth-2 lex

something that is so hackery
>>
Where is the future Tim Drake?
>>
Kal-L
>>
>>93797646
Zack Snyder
>>
PA KENT
>>
>>93797646
Possibilities
>Pre Flashpoint Lex or Pa Kent
>Jor-El
Longshot
>Pariah
>Ozymandias
>/ourguy/ prime
>>
File: 1486749933158.jpg (287KB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1486749933158.jpg
287KB, 780x1200px
>>93797646

>Why it's a Lex Luthor:

Green color scheme, bald head, a penchant for fucking with Superman's life and having intimate details of it.

>Why it's Ozymandias:

The name "Oz" is short for it, there is a Watchman crossover going on and manipulating things from behind the scenes with a lot of screens and resources is Ozmandias' style.

>Why it's OC.

The green and the name could just be reference to the Wizard of Oz. Which itself, the movie at least, is an illusion for someone else being behind the curtain?

>Why it's Henry Bendix:

Because that would be too cool and he looks and talks like Bendix who pulled this kind of multiversal schemes all the time in Wildstorm, but apparently they killed him off already because DC doesn't know what it's doing sometimes.

That's all we got really. I wish they would have made not-bald though. Too many bald dudes running around in DC now.
>>
>>93798070
Presumably in the same cell where Oz keeps other DC characters. I think it was hinted by the writers that the other Tim would meet him eventually
>>
File: IMG_0514.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0514.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>93797646
>Yfw they reveal it's an original character named Oz
>>
I can't be a donut steel since the preview clear stated that it would rock superman to his very core

It HAS to be someone he already saw before.

My bet is on Jor-El/Pa Kent

>>93797994
Now that'd be a shock

>>93798115
Does he even remember him after the merge?

I dont see why Kal-L would do all that tho, he's in heaven with Lois and i'd rather it stays that way
>>
>>93798408
>The green and the name could just be reference to the Wizard of Oz. Which itself, the movie at least, is an illusion for someone else being behind the curtain?

the pre-flashpoint version of lex was from kansas, which is of course where the movie starts
>>
>>93798737
Wasn't he from Metropolis? It was pre-Crisis Lex who was from Smallville.
>>
File: wizard-of-oz_curtain.jpg (54KB, 420x333px) Image search: [Google]
wizard-of-oz_curtain.jpg
54KB, 420x333px
>This wasn't the first response

Is /co/ stupid, or am I just too old?
>>
>>93799020
>wow I know about the Wizard of Oz, hehehehe I'm so old!
>>
>>93797646
Winslow Schott
>>
Calling it now, it's pre-Crisis Jimmy olson with all the powers he got in pre crisis
>>
>>93797646
Where is this cover from?
>>
>>93799020
>>93799049

I'm a high school art teacher and when I referenced Wizard of Oz for an assignment, I shit you not some of my students thought I was talking about the James Franco movie.
>>
>>93799159
Will he still be married to that gorilla then?
>>
>>93798408
>It's Henry Bendix

I would be okay with this.
>>
>>93798980
infinite crisis retconned it back to being smallville
>>
>>93797646

>Some sort of Lex

Green color, seems smart, has an interest in Superman.

>Ozymandias

Seems to work for the Big Blue Dick behind the curtain. Seems smart. First two letters.

>PRIME TIME

No fucking way but would be fun to see. Superman+multiverse shenanigans is really all that ties him to PRIME TIME.

>Pa Kent

I love the idea that its Snyderverse Pa. Dorothy got transported to Oz by a tornado and Pa got transported to Earth-0 by a tornado.

My money is on it being Ozy.
>>
>>93799364
Wasn't that nearly concurrent with Flashpoint?
>>
>>93799442
no? ic was 5 years earlier.
>>
>>93799187
Not surprising, they were probably more exposed to the Franco movie.
>>
>>93799383
Prime is most likely back as the Time Trapper, he could have changed his name to Oz since you know he reads comics and he knows that we know
>>
>>93798549
pandora.
>>
>>93799545
I'm not buying Time Trapper as Oz though. I don't see Johns cashing in the character that easily. Time Trapper is either Manhattan or a complete curveball.

>>93799587
But Blue Dick blew her up.
>>
>>93797788
>>93797823
Jesus I hope not. The entire point of Ozymandias' character was the fact that he wasn't super powered. It was Moore's dynamic between a real superpower (Big M) and the classic 'hero' in a suit.

Making him something more than just a man completely ignores what makes Ozy interesting.
>>
>>93799545
Dude, fuck Prime. Jesus Christ, what do you even see in him?
>>
>>93799595
>But Blue Dick blew her up.
>>93799587
>>93798549

>I can't be a donut steel since the preview clear stated that it would rock superman to his very core

>It HAS to be someone he already saw before.

Should have specified which part I was responding to.

Pandora was a donut steel character that rocked superman and everyone else for that matter to the core.

The Flashpoint event is now being retconned to fit into this event putting the pieces back together. But do not mistake. This is not the original intended storyline.
>>
>>93799745
probably still a remnant of the time /co/ heavily self-inserted into comics and thought DC calling out this hell hole (and the official forums) was some sort of good thing
>>
>>93799745
Me? Nothing. John's on the other hand is quite the fan of him. Even though i think that if we see Prime/Trapper again i'd be with the LOSH

Frankly, i'd rather Mr.Oz be Mxy and Clark Kent.2 would have been Prime instead.
>>
>>93797646

Pre-Crisis Kal-L.
>>
>>93798549

>My bet is on Jor-El/Pa Kent

I'm working on a Superman project that involves creating a lot new Big Bads and right before I saw this thread I thought about making Jor-El one of them and then immediately thought how stupid and cliche that would be...

So you're probably onto something here haha.
>>
>>93797935
I would cum straight through the fucking wall
>>
>>93799644
You're acting as if putting Watchmen in DC's continuity completely ignores what made it interesting.
Why would you expect them to have any sort of integrity or artistic vision?
>>
>>93799020
Well they certainly aren't in Kansas anymore.
>>
>>93797788
His identity is supposed to "rock superman to his core" so it's probably Pa or Lex or someone he knows.

>>93797935
If only
>>
>>93798408
>Why it's Pa Kent

Oz as in Kansas, He "taught superman to never give up hope", knows intimate details about his life and his psyche, according to the solicits he's someone superman knows and whose identity will shock him, and he's seemingly fighting Dr Manhattan, who is trying to take away hope from the DC universe.
>>
>>93800686

Yeah but think of Oz's gear and tech and organizational strength. That's not Pa who's a simple farmer and would probably be more straight forward with the son he loves.
>>
I still dig the preFP Lex theory the most. Pa is ok too though. My wild card pick is Chris Kent mostly because I don't want him gone.

>>93801241
whoever it is likely got changed somewhat anyway
>>
I remember some threads before someone did a pretty compelling argument that it may be pre flashpoint Hal, is not like we have seen him in a while either.
>>
Could be Jor-El which could explain his connection to Superman and how he has so much advance tech
>>
>>93802168
Parallax Hal was alive in DC You.
>>
>>93802959
This seems like a sound possibility. All the pros of the Pa Kent theory while fixing some inconsistencies.

>>93801241
He's probably been somewhat altered. Also, he employs hobos and rewards them with hot food. Charity in spite of seeming omnipotence seems right up Pa's alley.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
Your all wrong! Oz is really Brian Michael Bendis. He's getting a big push as DC's next big thing.
>>
Time trapper?
>>
wondy's thighs look unbelievable there
>>
>>93802959
Maybe it's all three of them
>>
>>93797935
Odd number prophecy en force
>>
>>93797646
clay mann is really good
>>
>>93797935
>adding the post numbers one by one gives 52
>the last two digits added gives 8, the number so reference in DC

Welp, Morrison confirmed.
>>
Oz is Kal L. He still disappointed that Kale El hasnt shaped up yet.
>>
>>93801241
Years of multiversal information could change a man.
>>
Dr Manhattan = Dr. John Osterman
Ozterman ??
Mr Oz ??
>>
>>93798374
>>Pariah

That''d be neat
>>
>>93798054
Probably a new Time Trapper as DC retcons the LoSH from the 31st Century to the present.
>>
>>93799383
>I love the idea that its Snyderverse Pa.
...literal Snyderverse Pa? As in, DC declaring the reason their live-action movies are so dark is that Doctor Manhattan distorted the universe?
>>
>>93805932
Earth-3 Pa Kent.
>>
>>93797646
...WHAT IF ITS JOR-EL!?
>>
Didn't they already do this abbreviated minion/master crap with Gog and Magog?

Come on DC, it's not like Riddler tells the same riddle every time.
>>
>>93805412
Interesting. The idea that it could be Dr Manhattan working with the normal version of himself.

>how does his ID shock SM?

That's not lining up with the solicits of someone Clark knows
>>
>>93797935

Grant Morrison is a canon character post Crisis DCU character, so it's possible...
>>
>>93797646
looks like a krypton thats exploding in the shape of an S

might be krypton mythos related, jorel etc.
>>
>>93798021
>Pa Kent
>
>"Just like I taught you, Clark"
>>
>>93797646

I'm assuming its the Time Trapper, with Ozymandias currently "piloting" the Trapper.

This stuff is exactly what the Trapper does, he is the living embodiment of continuity resets. And the Trapper's true identity tends to shift into whatever character is the centerpoint of that shift, like it did with Superboy Prime last time around.

So, Ozy with the Trapper powerset seems the perfect fit.
>>
>>93805214
Why is Hypercrisis so real?
>>
>>93799187
Hey I like that movie
>>
>>93799187
>high school art teacher

So would you consider yourself a failed artist or was educating the young your vision?
>>
It's Superman from our own world
>>
It's Lex from pre-reboot.
In AC #900, which marks the last confrontation between Superman and Lex, he discovers Superman's identity and then after a series of events he gets sucked in some Black Hole made of Phantom Zone mumbo jumbo so maybe that's how he escaped the Flashpoint thingy and ended up in this universe, during this space/time travel he probably came to know about Manhattan as well.

Only problem tho, in the Superman New 52 run by Geoff, where we first get to see Mr. Oz he actually DOES have hair, so idk...
>>
>>93797646
some loser who'll be trumped by the power of metanarrative or whatever the hell dc's doing with those multiversity references and then cease to be relevant
>>
It's not Ozymandias. That's the twist, it's going to be Jon Osterman, and he's going to reveal that Ozymandias stole his power and remade the universe.
>>
>>93810827
...why?
>>
>>93810921
So Prime?
>>
>>93798408
If Manhattan has taken up the mantle of "God" in the DC universe maybe Oz is the Spectre, or Ozymandias is the Spectre's new host and he's serving him.
>>
File: zoom.jpg (125KB, 808x1024px) Image search: [Google]
zoom.jpg
125KB, 808x1024px
IT WAS ME SUPERMAN
>>
>>93797783
This.

Could be Time Trapper.
>>
>>93812721
it was like a harem anime
>>
File: prime_trapper.jpg (363KB, 1920x755px) Image search: [Google]
prime_trapper.jpg
363KB, 1920x755px
>>93813442

The Time Trapper's true self has changed several times but its from his being the in-continuity definition of continuity messes. The role tends to fall upon characters who had been "shunted into the multiverse", the sole survivors of their forgotten continuity.

Maybe Oz will turn out not to be Ozy with the Time Trapper powers, but if so I'm going to consider it a hugely wasted opportunity.
>>
I just want the black hand to come back so they could have one giant royal rumble to see who's the biggest baddest bad guy behind-the-scenes battle royal
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.