[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did this offend so many people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 11

Why did this offend so many people?
>>
because it was bad.
>>
>>93790240
Then why don't other bad comics offend people?
>>
Because self-flagellating leftists are unwilling to accept that Islam is a blight on western society.
>>
>>93790234
At the time it didn't cause 911

Then people looked back on it and got there panties in a bunch.
>>
>>93790234

Because Muslims are offended by everything, therefore we need to censor ourselves in case they get angry and blow themselves up.
>>
>>93790260
>>93790283
>>93790312
/Thread
>>
>>93790240
Oh,and it was bad.
>>
Bait-O-Meter: 3 out of 10

The "ask a question with a glaringly obvious answer like it's a legitimate question" play is some weak shit, son. Try harder next time.
>>
>>93790406
Sorry namecuck, I genuinely don't know why people were offended by this.
>>
>>93790406
Fucking namefags, but you're right though. I hate these threads, it's always the same arguments every time and nobody learns anything making it a huge waste of time.
>>
Because it commented on religion. Religion's a topic that can make people very angry very easily.

Also, Miller himself said that he intended it to be a propaganda piece, and he wanted to send a message. The problem is, when you're trying to convince your readers of something, you can end up looking preachy. I agree with Miller's opinion on islam, but I still never cared for the book. Partly because I think the message should be told differently, and partly because the book has some Miller quirks that I find a bit corny.

>>93790283
There was some controversy even back then. The book was released like ten years after 9/11, and the attack wasn't as fresh in people's minds anymore.
>>
>>93790234
Because it fell for the "all Muslims are terrorists" meme?
>>
>>93790769
No but Muslim culture creates terrorists.
>>
>>93790341
Well that was a short thread.
Anyone want to discuss the Lobo comic where he is the leader of self detonating aliens that are a blatant allegory for Muslims.
>>
>>93790247
They do.
America Chavez, All-new All-autistic wasp, The entire 90's.
>>
File: behead-those-who-insult-islam.jpg (25KB, 339x230px) Image search: [Google]
behead-those-who-insult-islam.jpg
25KB, 339x230px
>>93790234
Telling the truth about Radical Islam offends fundamentalist Muslims.
>>
>>93790838
Hey fuck you.
America Chavez is way worse than anything that came out in the nineties.
gun toting crazed santa hobo superman>America Chavez
>>
>>93790830
What's that one called?

>>93790782
How so? And don't just say jihad, that term has been maligned by radicals.
>>
>>93790838
>entire 90s
yeah, mignola fucking sucks
>>
>>93790956
Rebound? Can't remember
shitlarious comic, though
>>
>>93790769
Funfact:
muslims shouldn't exist
>>
>>93790956
Can't find the title. I think the comic series ends with Lobo judging a beauty pageant
>>
>>93791068
Neither should Christians, and Jews are also a blight.
>>
>>93791614
Jews and Christians created culture and civilization
Muslims create shit
>>
since OP clearly isn't interested in storytiming or discussing the comic, this thread has no reason to exist.
>>
ON
MY
ASS
>>
>>93790769

100% of Muslims follow the teachings of a bloodthirsty, genocidal child rapist.

The only difference between a "moderate Muslim" and a radical jihadist is whether or not they actually live by Muhammad's teachings and example.

If they do, they're a terrorist.
>>
>>93791911
and if they don't, they're terrorist sympathizer?

also
>911
>>
>>93791749
Just going to pretend algebra doesn't exist huh?
>>
>>93791978
you do realize that algebra existed BEFORE islam?
>>
>>93791978
>hey guys maybe Islam is a growing problem that's going to keep getting worse and we need to deal with it before it becomes a new normal in the west

>B-B-BUT ALGEBRA!!!!
>>
>>93790260

As is Christianity. Let's not have a double standard here, anon, one standard will do just fine.
>>
>>93791749

They invented coffee, anon.
>>
>>93792068
I assume that your parents aren't christians?

and if we want to talk about standards, we should mention atheists as the worst blight
>>
>>93792068

We don't.

Using the exact same standards when comparing religions, Islam is uniquely horrible.

No other religion even comes close.
>>
>>93792042

Nice strawman greentext.
>>
>>93792068
Ahhh yes all those 10+ death Christian suicide bombings. Hmm yes.
>>
>>93792166
The only strawman is a douchebag defending mudslimes
>>
>>93792083

You assume wrong. My parents were Christians, as well as very loving.

And wrong again, this time about atheists.

>>93792095

Well, the ancient South American religions used to sacrifice considerable numbers of people to the Sun. I think they're contenders.

And medieval (yes, yes...) Christianity was pretty fucked-up. I mean seriously pretty fucked-up.

>>93792207
Is someone still a Christian if they put on a military uniform?
>>
>>93792298
>You assume wrong. My parents were Christians, as well as very loving.
then you are the worst type of a faggot - a self-hating one

No point in any further discussion
>>
>>93792298
>Medieval shit was fucked up
>The ancient South American religions
>therefore modern Christianity today is bad

Why are athiests the stupidest fucking people on Earth? I hope the Muslims annihilate you to spare the rest of us your idiocy.
>>
>>93792434
Not him, but I'm agnostic and obviously hate Islam.

Christianity is one of the best religions from a utilitarian perspective, so I have no idea why mudslimes and mudslime apologists always jump straight to "MUH CHRISTIANITY", as if the two are even remotely comparable.
>>
File: Detective on a Ski Trip.jpg (165KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Detective on a Ski Trip.jpg
165KB, 640x480px
>>93790234
Every single time i see this cover, it looks like Red Spy punching a mummy.
Im always disappointed.
>>
>>93792285

There's about one-and-a-half Muslims in the world, anon. If they were all as bad as you want to suggest with your playground slur, the world would look quite different.

Most of them are simply people, as I assume you also are.
>>
>>93792553
What kind of argument is that?
They are basically making the world looking different, and for worse
>>
>>93792464
Because Christianity was a barbaric religion that was eventually reformed into two non-barbaric religions, and there is little reason to assume that Islam would be immune to reform.
>>
>>93792488
>well, off to visit your mummy
>>
>>93792325

But I do not hate myself. I hate few people - mostly murderous dictators.

No further discussion? Be sure to tuck that tail tightly so no one will bite your butt as you run...

>>93792434
>modern Christianity today is bad

Let's reduce it to the basics. Yes, it is.

You also managed to misspell 'atheists'. No, we are not 'the stupidest people on Earth'... in fact, on average, atheists have a higher IQ than believers. Presumably because you have to be a little backwards to believe some of the nonsense in religion.

Also, if you wish someone annihilates an entire group of people, that kind of disqualifies you from a discussion on comparative ethics. It's sort of an honorary Godwin.

>>93792553
>There's about one-and-a-half Muslims in the world

*billion. Tsk.
>>
>>93792604

As did Christianity, like it still does. If this is still a qualitative argument, I'd say they rival each other.
>>
If only atheists hated Muslims as much as they do Christians
>>
>>93792657
Wrong.
Give any example of how Christianity is damaging humanity in the same scale Islam is doing nowadays.
Pro-tip: You cant.
>>
>>93792657
Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin = Atheists
case closed
>>
>>93792687
DEY SAID MEAN THINGS ABOUT YEAH GAYS!!!
>>
>>93792613

Jesus was a pascifist hippy who preached nonviolence, even in the face of persecution and death.

Mohammad was a genocidal child rapist who specifically instructed his followers to enslave and/or kill all non-Muslims, and spent his entire life doing exactly that.
>>
All political comics are bad. People want to read about interesting characters not Mary Sues that effortlessly beat up people they disagree with.
>>
>>93792682

Atheists are not a unified group, anon.

But generally speaking we do.

I think all religion sucks, and the more dominant and pervasive, the worse it is.

Even Buddhism can be awful. WTF is up with that?
>>
>>93792687
You can't. They got jew-like AND fatwa protection.
At least the other big two religions are reasonable in a way.
>>
>>93792720
Then why not focus on Islam? It's the only religion that's growing, and it's growing and an alarming rate. You waste your time caring about smaller, dying religions that aren't as harmful.
>>
>>93792657
Still haven't seen any christian suicide bombers on the news, though
>>
>>93792717
The founding Father of Christianity's principles did not stop Christians from committing atrocities in the name of Christianity all throughout history leading up to and beyond Martin Luther's Reformation.

>>93792740
Islam is also dying, as Islamic immigrants start coming into countries where they can freely practice whatever they want without being persecuted.
>>
>>93792764
Islam is growing, dumb fuck
>>
>>93792764
>atrocities
like what?
>>
>>93792620
Woefully underrated comment. You disgust me sometimes, /pol- I mean /co/.
>>
>>93792689
So much this. The biggest tyrants and genocidal scumbags in human history were atheists
>>
>>93792783
The Crusades, which predicated a number of massacres by Christians on their own people.

>>93792771
In relation to other religious groups, Islam IS growing. But on a global, concrete scale, Islam is declining.
>>
>>93792808
>Crusades
you mean, defending people from muslim blight?

also, are all atheists shit at maths?
>>
File: IMG_3919.jpg (71KB, 720x543px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3919.jpg
71KB, 720x543px
>>93792643
>>
>>93792689

I grant that those men did not believe in gods, but Hitler and Stalin were worshiped as gods.

Also... did they or their followers kill anyone in the name of "atheism"? Because as I recall, their followers were mostly mass-murdering for 'the fatherland', 'the cause', 'the party', 'our people' or just because they enjoyed it.

Nobody kills in the name of "atheism", anon. Mainly because there is no such thing.

"Case closed"... anyone besides a detective saying that is a tool.

>>93792687

Well, as I asked before, does a person cease being a Christian when they put on a military uniform?
What about the societal impact in the USA? Or Poland? What about catholicism - the grip priests have on the minds of people? What about Warren Jeffs, or Ted Haggard? Televangelists scamming tens of thousands of people through their TV screen? People being taught to deny science?
How about this? http://religiondispatches.org/does-end-time-belief-really-cause-climate-change-apathy/
It's actually difficult to assess the societal effect of Christianity on the most obviously Christian society in the developed world, the US, precisely because it is so incredibly pervasive.
>>
Why do atheists bend over backwards to defend islam?
>>
>>93792837
>I grant that those men did not believe in gods, but Hitler and Stalin were worshiped as gods.
Just when I think you couldn't be dumber, you post this.

Also, I didn't know that atheism had a name?
Other than pretentious fedora tippers
>>
People shouldn't be offended on the behalf of terrorists in shithole countries.
>>
>>93792464

This is because Christianity degraded and subdivided into several small religions, and mostly evolved to a more "friendly" version of everything that the original writings said.

You guys just like to pretend that this isn't happening to Islam as culture advancing is happening.

Mos of the arguments generates hypocrisy

>All muslins hate_____!
>A guy say that he is muslim, but he still is gay/liberal/donates blood/Don't wear that hat/Don't covers the body/eats pig/drinks beer/has a pet/respect woman
>LoL! How the fuck is this muslim?

While every new version of christianity does something that the Bible is against, especially the american ones. If people from a area on earth that has been ruled by rich dictators and crazy revolutionaries evolves to be more close to your kind you still say "Nah-nah! You are still one of them!"

>B-B-But... Pedo-messiah...

How any acient book can talk shit about pedophilia when pedophilia, age of consent and child labor were not even concepts and people lived only until the 30?

Talk 100 shits about Qur'an, we talk 100 shits about the bible and 100 about the Torah. And also 100 shits about how you are betraying your religion. There is no "culture appropriation" or "culture preservation" because culture itself changes, mixes and takes from anothers, and every cuture is different for person, not identity
>>
>>93792860
I agree that Christianity degraded into smaller religions, but you can thank that to Luther and protestants.
>>
>>93792434
Wow Christianity is so loving and tolerant I see
>>
>>93792829
No, I mean the Northern, Swedish, and Prussian Crusades, and the Crusades against the Bosnian Church.
>>
>>93792745

How about Christian bombers - without the suicide?

Have you ever hard of US soldiers refusing to participate in military operations due to their faith?

>>93792829

>Dismissing the Crusades

Aaaand we have a winner.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Constantinople_(1204)

>>93792833

What a deeply ironic choice as your image.

And what a deeply ironic choice not to respond with an argument of any kind, but by simply reflexively spouting "You're stupid!"
>>
>>93792860
>Talk 100 shits about Qur'an, we talk 100 shits about the bible and 100 about the Torah. And also 100 shits about how you are betraying your religion. There is no "culture appropriation" or "culture preservation" because culture itself changes, mixes and takes from anothers, and every cuture is different for person, not identity
>betraying religion
It's called sinning dumbass. The point is not be a perfect religious person, but to be a better one, and to improve.

But that's the problem of atheists. You only believes in absolutes, black and white.

tl;dr version - you sicken me
>>
>>93792885
No, but I have heard of christian soldiers HELPING wounded people instead of letting them die due to their faith
>>
>>93792878
Teutons? They were cancer.

>>93792885
There is something ironic, in how fanatical atheists are. It's like you believe in an anti-religion. You are certainly more annoying than jews for jesus.
>>
>>93792852
Islam never left the Middle Ages in a lot of countries, people need to accept that.

Muslim families who come to places like the US on their own volition are normal, now compare them to the truckloads of adult male refugees molesting women and children across Europe.
>>
>>93792894
Moral absolution is literal religious fundamentalism, Christcuck.
>Do this and go to Hell, do that and go to Hell
>>
>>93792852

We don't.

>>93792855
>Just when I think you couldn't be dumber, you post this.

But it's true, anon. It's the exact same thing as is happening in North Korea right now.

>>93792871

How about the Great Schism? Think that played a part?
>>
>>93792875
Compared to Islam? Absolutely.
>>
>>93792885
>you're religion is stupid because I said so
That's why you're the retarded one here
>>
>>93792921
You do know that the Orthodox Church was in Russia when Stalin was around right?
>>
>>93792921
>How about the Great Schism? Think that played a part?
Not necessarily. Protestants were the worst, because they made everything about christianity relative and dropped most of the things that were important about christianity, like tradition.

Catholics and Orthodox are okay.
>>
>>93792918
That's not true though. Most Muslim terror attacks in Western countries are done by 2nd+ generation immigrants. They bring their cancerous beliefs with them.
>>
>>93792925
Congratulations, you belong to the SECOND-most intolerant and hateful religion on the planet today. Good job, something to be proud of.
>>
>>93792875
>You are not allowed to be angry, because religion
I will confess my sins to the priest, but not before calling you a cocksucking faggot
>>
>theres nothing wrong with Islam
Look at whats happening at the UK, Germany, and France and tell me youd want that for your life.
Does this edgy atheist fuck want Sharia Law for himself?
Islam is not compatible with western values. How could anybody want to have us go back thousands of years in human rights? To treat women like cattle, promote pedophillia, promote violence, etc.
Why?
>>
>>93792965
Atheists take the cake. They hate everything.
Muslims, Christians and Jews should join forces and defeat atheists.
>>
>>93792966
>it's okay to threaten violence and wish death upon people because of their beliefs
>b-b-but it's Islam that's the only intolerant religion on the planet, I'm just angry!
>>
>>93792965
Good job being a retard! Cause Im not a Christian. Keep sucking that halal cock though, Im sure theyll spare you once the Caliphate settles in.
>>
>>93792978
Because m-m-muh christianity

>>93792990
Yes, I can beat you up for being a faggot, but a muslim will stone you to death, decapitate you and piss on your corpse. Frankly, I think I will convert to islam because of you. You will defend my actions, while I'll be killing atheists.
>>
>>93792894
>that's the problem of atheists. You only believes in absolutes, black and white.

1) Still not a unified group.
2) I can't speak for anyone else, but no, I don't.

>>93792913

Good, but how about bombing civilians? Were all those Iraqi people killed by atheist soldiers?

>>93792916
>There is something ironic, in how fanatical atheists are

I don't know about you, but sitting comfortably and typing on a keyboard is not the first image that pops in my head when I try to picture 'fanaticism'.
>>
This thread isn't very comics or cartoons.

Religion board when?
>>
>>93793017
What would we call it
>>
>>93793009
keep replying to everyone
>>
>>93793008
Wow, you sound really tolerant and loving. What happened to "love the sinner, hate the sin?" What happened to "the Golden Rule?"
>>
>>93793023
/preach/
>>
File: IMG_3741.jpg (37KB, 540x663px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3741.jpg
37KB, 540x663px
>>93793041
Why do people hate Protestants so much.
>>
>>93793038
Fuck that. I will become an atheist and be an asshole just like you. It's much more fun to be a complete idiot
>>
>>93792926

*your.

Your religion is stupid because it promotes stupid, even evil actions and manners of behaviour. It denies facts and presents lies as truths; it indoctrinates children and adults alike, cheats people out of their money and exerts political influence. It engenders hypocrisy, stress and long-term psychological effects in people.

So yes, that is stupid. I don't blame you. Most believers were raised as believers. But then again, most atheists were raised as believers, too.

>>93792944

I do! They were also there during the Czars, who rivalled him in cruelty. The Orthodox church does not concern itself with worldly affairs... so it was allowed to survive, I suspect as a sort of 'safety valve' for the people.

>>93792947

Protestantism came about as an allergic response to the sickness that was eating Christianity from within, anon.
>>
>>93793057
What?
>>
>>93793063
Ah yes, the asshole is the guy pointing out hatred, not the guy whose threatening to assault and kill people for their beliefs.
>>
>>93793057
Because they are directly responsible for atheists.

>>93793072
>Protestantism came about as an allergic response to the sickness that was eating Christianity from within, anon.
Yeah, and they cured it with cancer. Good job
>>
>>93792871
You missing the point

How about on Brazil where their version of catholicism which is very liberal while the version in some places on the british island is a little more district, while both still venerate images? How about some american protestants who protect peace and obedience, but still link religion to soldiers, guns and freedom? And evangelists, spiritist evangelists, non-practitioners and texts considered non-cannon, even when they have already been part of the Bible and have the same authors from cannon texts.

How about Christians and Jews? How about Jews and Jehovah witness? Trinity? Mormons? Freemasonry? Illuminati? renaissance? Greeks and Romans?

There are better versions of Islam being born, they just have different names yet
>>
>>93793063
Not him, but you're kind of being an asshole as you are.
>>
>>93793085
Yes. You are the asshole. At least we can agree on that.
>>
>>93793092
Nobody likes being condescended
>>
>>93792978
Love how this one has no rebuttal.
>>
>>93790234
>someone criticizes Islam and it is always guaranteed that Christianity will be mentioned somehow.
>>
File: IMG_4842.png (23KB, 595x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4842.png
23KB, 595x160px
>>93793072
>Your religion is stupid because it promotes stupid, even evil actions and manners of behaviour. It denies facts and presents lies as truths; it indoctrinates children and adults alike, cheats people out of their money and exerts political influence. It engenders hypocrisy, stress and long-term psychological effects in people.
Where are you basing this from
>>
>>93793131
Gotta get those good progressive boi virtue signaling points.
>>
>>93792983
>Atheists take the cake. They hate everything.

Oh no. Like I said before: we are not a unified group, but most of us don't hate anything. We generally think religious people are idiots or at least severely misguided, though.

Of course some atheists hate religion and religious people - usually either because of some seriously bad experience or out of deep horror at the warping of society religion causes.

>>93793008

Wow. You seem like a gigantic cunt, regardless of your religion. Please stay where you are, nobody wants you. Except maybe IS, I hear they're looking for a few bad men.

>>93793004

You misunderstand, anon. Nobody is defending extremists and assholes, like you pretend we are.
>>
>>93793009
They're soldiers. That's (part of) their work. What's Islam work?
>>
>>93792894
This... This is what you got from the point i made?

I wrote about how you can't judge a whole religion because of how civilization divides and evolves in different ways and this is what you get from it?

People stupid like you walk on this planet?
>>
>>93793029

By your command.

>>93793063
>It's much more fun to be a complete idiot

Is it? Maybe I should give that a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54mf61KN7wA
>>
>>93793179
>nobody enjoys my shitposting

>>93793197
>Is it? Maybe I should give that a try.
wouldn't that make you a double idiot?
>>
>>93793167
Explaim shit, like any other religion
>>
>>93790769
>meme
nice meme
>>
>>93790906
>Is way worse
>It means that the other is not bad
>>
>>93793212
...by bombing the shit out of innocent people, at least acording to terrorists
>>
>>93793100

You know - be as triumphant as you like, but we're not playing to a crowd. It's just between the three (?) of us. When this is over, we'll still be who we are, and you'll still be who you are - a living demonstration of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

>>93793086

So... are you Roman Catholic?

>>93793091

Like Sufism, I guess.
>>
>>93792983
>athiests type angrily on keyboards and maybe sometimes take the piss in real life on retards like the WBC
>this is somehow worse than honor killings and electrocuting gays
>>
>>93793304
Yes. Atheists are inspiring terrorism due to their faggotry
>>
>>93793118

* Condescended TO, anon.

>>93793131

...And that is completely logical.

>>93793141

...Absolutely everything, anon. Absolutely everything.
>>
>>93793303
>>93793331
calm down your autism, it makes you look desperate for attention
>>
>>93793057
Hate of people pointing out the truth is common.
>>
Why are talks on 4chan about religion so autistic and just weird?
>>
So this atheist anon is anti-feminism right? He wants women to not have rights whatsoever, right? Hes defending Islam after all.
>>
>>93793331
Why aren't you (you) me anymore, islam-kun?
>>
>>93793303
>Sufism
Was born and flourished and was squashed by the rest of Islam. If anything arises like it it will be squashed too.
>>
>>93793167

How can a Christian be a soldier? How can a Christian reconcile something like the Iraqi invasion with their conscience? Doesn't the fact that they apparently can, invalidate any moral authority Christianity might have? As if history has not already done that.

What is Islam's work? Subjugate the entire world to it. Like Christianity. It's called 'the Great Commission'. It allowed Spain to colonize all of Soutb America.

>>93793203
>wouldn't that make you a double idiot?

No, because I would have to be an idiot already for that.

Oh... I see what you did there!

>>93793319

Really? I thought bombing civilians and supporting oppressive regimes inspired terrorism. Well, and being a complete asshole.
Like Breivik. And McVeigh.
>>
>>93793100
Your mother must be so proud she raised a spiteful vindictive bigot.
>>
>>93793156
>atheists aren't a unified group
>Christian are a unified group
>>
>>93793348

I do tend to get carried away.

>>93793374

Normal people realize complaining about religion is pointless.

>>93793404

Surely it still exists?
>>
>>93793420
This is getting a little boring

>How can a Christian reconcile something like the Iraqi invasion with their conscience?
Defending home, and fighting evil is one of the principles.

The thing is, if you have some serious spiritual questions, you should go ask a priest. Or a rabbi.
>>
>>93793441
Atheism is my mother
Douchery is my father
>>
>>93791749
Europe was a shithole behind Asia on every way until scientists started ignoring priests. The west became invencible after God died. You know what happened when you take religion seriously? See the muslims.
>>
>>93793420
Because christians know the difference between duty to your religion and duty to your job. Soldiers know this. Muslims don't.

Also, Christiany can't do the Great Commission thing anymore, since we've learned that's not a really nice thing to do. Islam extremists still need to understand that.
>>
>>93793441

...Bringing in the mother is technically a foul, anon.
>>
>>93793516
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic_cleric-scientists
>>
>>93793517
Also, it's been fun, islam-kun, but I, unlike muslim extremists, know the difference between work and religion. Gotta go to work. See ya all later.
>>
>>93792875
I'm not a Christian, fool. I'm also not a fucking dumbass like the maximum level fedora-tipper pseudo-intellectual "I read one book by Dawkins" retards mouthing off in here.
>>
>>93793530
The scholastic was a necessary step but it got old quickly. The church spent most of its time censuring scientific progress and burning books. The Ilustration was furiously anti-Christianity because Christianity was furiously anti-rationality
>>
>>93793298

>Again, missing the point between religion and some followers

This isn't for explaining, this is result of propaganda by dictators (not the book) and finding a enemy to blame for the world being shit (the war) and to coltrol the masses, like people did with you

>"Do not kill a soul that God has made, save lawfully.”

Diactors said that terrorism isn't forbidden because it isn't against innocent people, if we are innocent people depends on the views of the individual, this is why we can judge all muslims
>>
I'm an atheist because I don't believe in God, that's literally it. I don't really care about anything else religious, more so I care about people.

Is that a bad thing?
>>
>>93793445

Yes. All Christians have the same essential beliefs.
But atheists have no unifying belief. Literally the only thing that qualifies someone as an atheist is something he or she does NOT do. Outside of that, the sky is the limit.

So Christians are far more unified than atheists (but less than Muslims, although Muslims paradoxically still kill each other over the differences).

>>93793459

As a matter of fact, defending home and fighting evil are HUMANIST principles, not Christian ones. Christians are called to be pacifists. Lambs among wolves.

None of which has anything at all to do with the Iraqi invasion, which was not about defending home or fighting evil at all.
Any Christian who willingly fought in that should probably hope there is no Hell.

>>93793517
>christians know the difference between duty to your religion and duty to your job

Oh shit, dude. Are you sure you wanted to put that in writing? Because Jesus WILL bring that up at your trial...
"Oh, and there is this occasion, where you suggested obedience to Me can be superceded. Is there anything you want to say about that?"

Wait. Are you a Christian or what?
>>
>>93793601
>gives a bigass list
>still have "Buts"
some people just can't be pleased
people are fallible. the point is to get better

tell me, how much islam have changed over millenia?
>>
>>93793598

Don't be ridiculous. I read two.

>>93793624

In some countries it's a very bad thing.

The USA, for instance. Or Saudi Arabia, one of its staunchest allies.
>>
>>93793619
You obviously come from a protestant family.
This is what happens when you make everything relative, and open up for interpretation, and nitpick every detail literally. Li-te-ral-ly.
>>
>>93793459
So who is evil?
What is our home? The country? The planet?

also

>Iraqi invasion
>Defending home

I think that what we all should do is be become americans, so we can be excused from everything by saying this
>>
>>93793630
*cough*Humanist principles were based on christian ones*cough*
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_humanism

Also, don't try to be funny, because it's cringe
>>
>>93793643

Islam hasn't existed for millennia. But it used to be better than it is today, probably because the religion has gotten mixed up with an unhealthy dose of postcolonialist resentment.
>>
>>93793698
>I think that what we all should do is be become americans, so we can be excused from everything by saying this
There is some point in this madness
>>
>>93792860
>How any acient book can talk shit about pedophilia when pedophilia, age of consent and child labor were not even concepts and people lived only until the 30?

The problem being that most Islamic societies practice arranged marriages between older men and prepubescent children, often whom are closely related, making Muslims a bunch of crazy, inbred retards no matter which country they're currently shitting up.
>>
>>93793685

And you? Are you a Roman Catholic?

I think I already asked that...
>>
>>93793712
In other words, over time, islam got worse, while christianity got better. I get it
>>
>>93793685
I'm from a roman chatolic family who i love and loves me back very much, thank you!

And if our anti-science church wa able to discover that the values of philosophy and argumentation to bury several prestigious scientists on our churchs in the end of our darkest era, soo can you
>>
>>93793712

You would literally be better off using "Mein Kamph" as a holy book.

You still get all the genocidal extremism and jew hating, but at least Hitler didn't rape kids.
>>
>>93793738
I am an atheist.
>>
>>93793706

How could humanist principles be based on Christian principles, anon? The whole basis of Christianity is that humanity is so worthless that humans deserve to burn in Hell for all eternity, by default.

"Even though you are rancid shit, Jesus loved you so much he let himself be tortured to death for you!'

If you take Jesus out of that, which is required for humanism, how does that then work?
>>
>>93793791
>And if our anti-science church
jesus christ anon, stop being such a fanatic.
chill out a little. fanaticism and zealotry lead to mortal sins.
>>
File: 1499701027740.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499701027740.gif
2MB, 300x300px
I don't even know what we're talking about anymore
>>
>>93793833
> The whole basis of Christianity is that humanity is so worthless that humans deserve to burn in Hell for all eternity, by default.
Pretty funny interpretation.

I see a lot of bitterness in your words, t b h
If you take only the bad things out of christianity, then I can't help you. And I'm not a saint, anon myself, nor I try to be.
>>
>>93793833
>"Even though you are rancid shit, Jesus loved you so much he let himself be tortured to death for you!'

Yes, the ultimate act of selflessness, a model that Christians are called to follow by the Church, regardless of how well they live up to that.

I'm not even Christian, but you seem to have a piss poor understanding of even the basic tenants of the religion.
>>
>>93793815

See? Not a unified group.

>>93793785

Christianity did not get BETTER, it just got less powerful.
Science played a huge part in that - the enlightenment, promoting rational thought. A lot of people compromised, but it still meant they weren't so hasty anymore to do harm in the name of their religion.

In the middle ages, around the year 1000, the Islamic societies were the most advanced civilization on Earth. I don't know what happened.

You shouldnt try to oversimplify complex issues.

>>93793800

How about not having a 'holy book' at all.
>>
>>93793833
>"Even though you are rancid shit, Jesus loved you so much he let himself be tortured to death for you!'
It's more like "Anyone can be redeemed no matter what you did in life" but whatever I guess.
>>
>>93793861

>Metacritic shits on Crash for being too "unfair"
>/v/ uses this argument, forgetting that they also said the same for fucking Shovel Kinight

Why? i'm trying to save this thread
>>
>>93793894
>I'm not a saint, anon myself, nor I try to be.

BUT YOU SHOULD BE TRYING TO BE.

Holy shit. How is it that I, an atheist, have to instruct you on Christianity?? You're literally commanded to be!

Yes, I am bitter. The majority of the world practices some religion - between Christianity, Islam and Hinduism, which all suck, about 60% of humanity - and that's frustrating.

>>93793949

*tenets

And why was that selflessness necessary, again?

(And how selfless was it? You can't say Jesus sacrificed his life... because he didn't stay dead, and he knew he would not, beforehand, according to the story).
>>
I can't imagine, seems perfectly fine for wolf-men to punch mummies.
>>
>>93793954
>How about not having a 'holy book' at all.

That's also cool.

But let's first stop pretending that any other "holy book" is even remotely as bad as the Qu'ran.

As an atheist, I don't think you fully appreciate the fact that your head is still attached to your shoulders, because you don't live in a Muslim majority country.
>>
>>93794038
>And why was that selflessness necessary, again?

Because apparently jews can't keep their grubby hands off other people's shit, which made God mad.

It's called "original sin", and is the reason why Christians don't follow crazy old testament laws, because Jesus "fulfilled the covenant" or whatever.

But none of that is particularly important when it comes to Jesus as a role model for Christians, compared to some disgusting maniac like Mohammad.
>>
>>93793983

REDEEMED is the operative word. NOBODY can save themselves: EVERYBODY is headed for Hell unless they are saved by Jesus... specifically, by Jesus getting tortured to death, because that is what is demanded... by his heavenly father, who so loved the world that he sent all of it to Hell.

Look, it's very nice that Jesus chose to die (which he also did not, he asked to be spared according to the story) but who the hell asked him to? Some theologians say God is incapable of forgiving sin - ANY sin - unless someone dies horribly. That seems pretty slanderous to God, if you ask me, especially since he's supposed to be omnipotent.

Yes, 'whatever'.
>>
File: madman.jpg (157KB, 992x880px) Image search: [Google]
madman.jpg
157KB, 992x880px
Ok guys, wonderfull conversation and all but im pretty sure we can all agree that all religions suck and be done with this.
>>
>>93794057

Oh, I do. But I am not prepared to say Islam is worse than Christianity, because I do not think so.

>>93794119

...That is... Are you insane??
>>
>>93794156
>im pretty sure we can all agree that all religions suck

Well, the Christian guys probably can't...
>>
>>93793954
>1000, the Islamic societies were the most advanced civilization on Earth
You believe this? Wow they also invented algebra too right?
>>
>>93794181
>But I am not prepared to say Islam is worse than Christianity, because I do not think so.

I said "any other holy book", not "Christianity".

Are you claiming that Islam and Christianity are equally "the worst"? If so, by what criteria, exactly? Most of what you've been aiming at has been the mythological aspects of the religion, not the example of Jesus, nor what he asked of his followers.

I'm not Christian, but as a utilitarian, I can see many positive aspects to Christianity which are entirely absent, or even worse, the opposite, in Islam.
>>
>>93793861
Well Crash it began with talking about a comic offending people because it references Muslims. Yes a crazy comic read it if you have not.
As must happen in all threads which bring up Muslims there must be comments saying look how bad Christianity is and it's just as bad as Islam if not worse. This point get argued because of you know reality and it spins around much like you young bandicoot.
>>
>>93793057
They are the cancer of Christianity. They brought us young-earth creationism, sola scriptura, pre-trib rapture, "once saved always saved", christian zionism, snake-handling and other retarded doctrines.
>>
>>93790234
I think the real question that OP should have asked is Why did Frank Miller play this straight instead of going full on exploitation parody ala Grindhouse?
>>
>>93794181
You are honestly uneducated if you think that Islam is not worse than Christianity.
100% uneducated.
>>
>>93793319
It is a fascinating religion
>>
File: IMG_4793.gif (351KB, 263x239px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4793.gif
351KB, 263x239px
>>93794398
>They are the cancer of Christianity. They brought us young-earth creationism, sola scriptura, pre-trib rapture, "once saved always saved", christian zionism, snake-handling and other retarded doctrines
I am part of the church of Christ and I've never heard any of this.
>>
>>93794494

I don't think he's capable of pulling that off, honestly, or even having the concept of 'parody'.
>>
>>93790234
>Terrible art
>Protagonist's answer to Islamic terrorism is collude with Israeli terrorists
>>
>>93790769
Islam revolves around the idea of waging holy wars to destroy or enslave every other religion on earth, that is it's principle tenant.

So yeah, devout muslims tend to be terrorist and the ones who aren't are basically blasphemes
>>
File: Joshua Graham.jpg (184KB, 750x577px) Image search: [Google]
Joshua Graham.jpg
184KB, 750x577px
>>93793057
>Asks about Protestants
>Posts a Mormon
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>93794852
>ones who aren't are basically blasphemes
Which is also punishable by death according to their own holy laws, which is why they don't deserve any sympathy.
>>
File: 1451428257120.jpg (86KB, 766x498px) Image search: [Google]
1451428257120.jpg
86KB, 766x498px
>>93792643
>You also managed to misspell 'atheists'. No, we are not 'the stupidest people on Earth'... in fact, on average, atheists have a higher IQ than believers. Presumably because you have to be a little backwards to believe some of the nonsense in religion.
This is exactly why the internet mocks you lot.
>>
>>93792643
I guess those few extra IQ points are what allowed the atheists to kill more people in 40 years last century than all religions on earth did in all of human history, huh?
>>
>>93795715
I'm not sure if this is b8, but there's a difference between "someone of an ideology doing a bad thing", and "someone of an ideology doing a bad thing, because that's what the ideology demands they do."

Pretty sure the Holy Book of Richard Dawkins doesn't command atheists to commit genocide, the way the Qu'ran commands Muslims to.
>>
Jesus Christ, is this what /co/ has sunk to? Pretending Holy Terror is good? That book sucks and this board sucks too.
>>
>>93792643
I'm an atheist myself, but you're a fucking dumbass.

You do realize that thousands of years of scientific and medical advancement was lead mostly by Christians, right?
Or are you one of those fucking retards who honestly believes that the entire world just had a metamorphoses after the turn of the 17th century and that modern science wasn't the result of centuries upon centuries of slow but steady advancement and learning finally reaching its peak?
>>
>people think /co/mblr is real
>>
>>93795873
Christians who probably weren't devout anyway, or had "heretical" beliefs (like Newton).
>>
>>93795583

We are not a lot, dingus. How many times do I have to repeat it?

>>93795715
>the atheists

And on it goes...

My statement on the relative difference is reinforced again.

>>93795833

I haven't see anyone say THAT yet...

>>93795873

How about we ask Galileo about that one...
>>
>>93792983
Jews aren't a real religion anymore. Many of them are actually atheists.
>>
>>93790234
it didn't, it just got news because Frank Miller went nuts on it.
>>
>>93793630
Humanism arose out of Christianity. It would not exist without it.
>>
>>93796458
Can confirm. I'm barely on /v/ anymore, but last time I looked there was someone unironically defending Anita.
>>
>>93793601
Big Bang Theory? A priest.
Genetics? A priest.
Most craters in the moon are named after priests. guess why XD
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.