[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animorphs comic coming!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: latest.jpg (250KB, 1323x2000px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
250KB, 1323x2000px
> there are rumors (confirmed by Applegate!) that there's a graphic-novel adaptation that is sort of in the works -- Scholastic has at least solicited artist applications!

how would you do it /co/?
could we have a comfy thread
>>
>>93785226
Will it be as dark as the book? Ya know, children deaths, a baby screaming until it dies, all aliens being assholes, ect.
>>
I dunno if Animorphs would make a good comic.
What I remember, there was a lot of introspection.
Plus, with the exception of the Megamorphs books, they only followed the cover character's perspective in first person narration. Usually starting off like "My name is Jake..." following through with blatant exposition - because you couldn't expect people to have read all the books to know about those dog-cyborg aliens wearing holograms or the fact that Yeerks are allergic to oatmeal.
So its like, you'd witness an ordinary conversation between brothers on the surface. But you'd have narration boxes on every panel to provide context.
>Bother is possessed by alien slug.
>Can't let them know that I know.
>Descriptive sensation of morphing into an animal.
>*Caution. Birds of a feather flock together (That's why we're flying miles a part, because we all have different morphs and it would look unnatural; a dead giveaway we're the resistance)

>Panel of a fly on the wall *das me*
>Page where they momentarily lose control to their animal brain and waste 15 mins eating shit.
Next to the context boxes you'd also need a countdown clock for when un-morph or be stuck as an animal forever. 'Cause when they weren't mauling aliens as tigers and bears, they were just a snake or something in the air vent, needing a place big enough to un-morph and re-morph without getting caught.
>>
I remember the books having some pretty heavy shit for YA faire. This was pre-Harry Potter so there was very little "Chosen One" bullshit, it was more "kids who happened to be there at the time, realizing how fucked they are."
>>
>>93786408
Also, it's 2017.
Would they keep it set in the 90's without smart phones and text messaging?

I mean, so much of the conflict for the team was maintaining their individual social cliques. But still meeting after school at the Library or Internet Cafe- but today's smartphones and social media kinda makes all that a non-issue.

But at the same time, they'd have to make more excuses for being unreachable and coming home late.
And not responding immediately.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.