[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that DC peaked in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: marvel and dc.png (2MB, 900x678px) Image search: [Google]
marvel and dc.png
2MB, 900x678px
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that DC peaked in the 80s and Marvel peaked in the first half of the 2000s?
>>
I only just started DC, but I agree Marvel was much better in the early 2000's.
The X-titles were in an okay place.
F4 was in an okay place.
Spider-Man was in an okay place.
Only the Avengers were very meh.
Plus the Ultimate Universe was pretty fucking awesome before they gutted it.
>>
>>93783717
Fuck off, Marvelfag. Read more DC before you say stupid shit like that.
>>
>>93783835

elaborate
>>
>>93783717
>Marvel peaked in the first half of the 2000s?
lol
capeshit peaked in the 80s, and the comic book sales format suffered a tremendous implosion in the 90s, from which it will never recover
>>
Marvel had as many good runs as DC did Graphic Novels/miniseries/one-and-done plots in the 80s.
>>
>>93784082
Marvels buying out archies digests.

Legacys big thing is a return to newstands just for marvel.
>>
>>93783717
Fuck no. Both DC and Marvel peaked in the 80s.
>>
File: 1490187577630.gif (3MB, 540x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490187577630.gif
3MB, 540x200px
>>93783717
>Now that the dust has settled

fucking eat my ass you piece of chit

eat cock and drown in it
>>
>>93783717
Marvel was only great during the Shooter era (Lee era had too much meh shit) whereas DC has been great in most comic ages.
>>
>>93784111
N-nani?
>>
>>93784211
Marvel's had a lot of great runs in the Queseda era but they almost all have shit endings so everyone remembers them with a bad taste in their mouth.
>>
>>93783936
Alright:
JSA
Black Adam
Secret Six
Morrison's JLA
Starman
Hitman
Blackest Night
Legion Lost
Hawkman
Hawkworld (90s)
Rucka's Wonder Woman
Birds of Prey
Dial H (New 52)
Animal Man
No Man's Land
Bruce Wayne: Fugitive
Young Justice
Aztek
Wally West Flash
Impulse
>>
>>93784372
this
>>
>>93784372
None of those are as good as Watchmen, TDKR or Year One. Which isn't to say they aren't good, just that they're not equivalent to the peak.
>>
>>93784467
Two of those are elseworlds/not DC. For popularity by selling, we have to look to Snyder's Batman

Then again, we could mention Transmet and Planetary.
>>
>>93783717

nope
>>
>>93784936
We're talking about quality, not sales. Continuity is pointless when you realize everything will be out of continuity one day.
>>
File: Kyle Wally9.jpg (95KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Kyle Wally9.jpg
95KB, 500x667px
>>93784372
why didn't you put Marz' Green Lantern
what are you, gay or something?
>>
>>93784467
TDKR and Year one were influential, but not the best in quality. Morrison's Doom Patrol, Sandman, Shade the Changing Man and Starman were better than those.
>>
>>93783717
flip that around and then I will agree with you.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.