[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spider-Man: Homecoming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 509
Thread images: 48

File: raaz9d.png (631KB, 1020x571px) Image search: [Google]
raaz9d.png
631KB, 1020x571px
Good movie, very weak adaptation.

Pros:
>Flash Thompson - Tony Revolori was the most accurate Flash by far. Flash Thompson was never a physical bully that beat people up and dunked nerds in toilets, he was just a popular asshole that mocked Peter endlessly.
>Animated eyes in the suit
>Vulture's costume
>The street level scenes
>Everybody isn't white
>Worldbuilding
Cons:
>Too much tech in the suit
>Ned Leeds - annoying and selfish, and Peter shouldn't have close friends.
>Liz Allan - she was boring and had a crush on Peter when she should've been popular and seemingly unattainable
>Michelle - acted like Gwen Stacey, should've been Gwen Stacey
>Midtown being a private school
>Tom Holland's voice
>Donald Glover can't act
>The Vulture was too sympathetic
>No Uncle Ben - Peter's entire motivation was to make Stark proud and prove that he was a big boy and no longer needed a booster seat
>Responsibility isn't leaned into at all except Iron Man being like "I'm responsible for you, kid"
>Aunt May is too able - May being old and sickly is the foundation for a lot of Peter's character and motivations. Her being younger is fine and makes more sense, but she should've been handicapped or something.
>Aunt May finds out Peter is Spider-Man as a joke, again her not knowing is the foundation for a lot of Peter's characters and motivations
>The Parkers aren't poor
>The music

What did /co/ think though? Haven't been able to use my laptop the past 4 days.
>>
>>93778032
>>Animated eyes in the suit

I'll preface this by saying I haven't seen the movie yet, I have my worries as someone who's kind of sick of the MCU but as a Spider-Man fan first and foremost I WANT it to end up being good.

That being said, about these eyes. I'm not against them or anything, it's fine, but I don't really see it as being an accuracy point...do Spider-Man's eyes move in the comics? Yes, but it's not because of any technological reason or canon purpose, it's just toon force shit....it's meta and done just to show emotion since Spider-Man wears a full face mask, technically Deadpool hit the nail on the head for "comic accuracy" when it comes to the concept of moving eyes if you take this into consideration more so than this Spider-Man, Spider-Man's mask in the comics was always just a piece of cloth
>>
>>93778032
>>Flash Thompson - Tony Revolori was the most accurate Flash by far. Flash Thompson was never a physical bully that beat people up and dunked nerds in toilets, he was just a popular asshole that mocked Peter endlessly.

None of the Flash adaptations did that either, retard. Revolori is the least accurate Flash by far.
>>
>>93778032
It's an MCU film starring someone in a spider-man costume. Not a Spider-Man film.

There was a guy named Peter Parker in the movie but I didn't see any Peter Parker character in the movie. That's how I feel about it.

Same goes for most other named characters. Fuck off pseudo-Ganke
>>
>>93778464
>None of the Flash adaptations did that either, retard
Literally, the first scene with Flash in TASM is him holding a guy upside down, pushing him into his food tray and asking Parker to take a picture
>>
>>93778425
I feel like the eyes being mechanical was a cheap way of justifying the fact they moved in-universe. With Deadpool they simply made the eyes move, and it was taken as granted that's just what they did. It looked fantastic. Peter's zooming squinting lenses introduce a tactical element to them, which actually undermines the look when they're used for emotion and not tactics.
>>
>>93778032
>>Everybody isn't white
How is this a pro?
>>
>>93778464
>>93778608
Mike Mattei says it's the most accurate to the comics so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRSrzYVxRtk
>>
>>93778464
Both Raimi and TASM Flash used physical violence.
>>
>>93778694
Because it takes place in New York City past 1954.
Were you mad about Spectacular Spider-Man too?
>>
>>93778711
Why the fuck is Mike Mattei
>>
>>93779088
I don't consume marvel things that aren't the xmen or Walt Simonson's Thor

Also as someone who lived in NYC post 1954, I'd prefer a movie of only white people TBQH
>>
>>93778608
>It's an MCU film starring someone in a spider-man costume. Not a Spider-Man film.
>There was a guy named Peter Parker in the movie but I didn't see any Peter Parker character in the movie.

Exactly how I feel too. It's crazy to say the TASM movies understood the character better, but it's true.
>>
>>93778032
>"most accurate Flash by far"
>fucking coward who prioritizes getting the trophy out of the lift over Liz's life
>isn't even Spidey's Number 1 fan
>DOESN'T EVEN LIKE SPIDER-MAN

Fuck you faggot.
>>
>>93779204
Are you a New Yorker? How old are you? And what borough?
>>
>>93779238
It was never ever implied that he didn't like Spider-Man, he just mocked that idea that Peter knew him.
>fucking coward who prioritizes getting the trophy out of the lift over Liz's life
He wasn't dating Liz in this universe.

And just because he wasn't 100% accurate doesn't mean he was more accurate than Raimi and Webb's.
>>
>>93779204
Well, there's plenty out there
>>
>>93778032
What I don't get is why Peter was so pressed about going after Vulture, especially at the end.
He leaves sexy ass Liz at the prom to foil Vulture's big plan, but Vulture's plan wasn't going to affect any real people, just Tony Stark who's a fucking billionaire.
>>
>>93778711
Do you honestly think anyone cares about the opinion of fucking Mike Mattei
>>
>>93779424
>Vulture's plan wasn't going to affect any real people
Vulture puts high-tech weapons in the hands of idiot street thugs. That affects real people.
>>
>>93778032
>The Parkers aren't poor

Most people are poor by modern standards, anon.
>>
>>93779531
And it took 8 years and a 14 year old hopping around in jammies to draw any attention to them whatsoever.

Given what happened in the movie we can conclude that the alien tech was doing less damage than everyday crime.
>>
Speaking of the animated eyes.
Did anyone notice that his homemade suit had them in the goggles as well?
I really hope every Spidey suit in the MCU has at least a variation of them.

Also, I kind of want him to get a new suit.
Some of the plot revolved around not needing all the overbearing and ridiculous gadgets that get him into more trouble anyway, yet he still has them by the end.
>>
>>93779424
Because it's literally what got Uncle Ben killed, he let the bad guy go for his own selfish reasoning.
>>
File: DANGER ZONE.png (892KB, 1363x609px) Image search: [Google]
DANGER ZONE.png
892KB, 1363x609px
Im genuinely impressed on how well Toomes was done in this movie, both in character and design
>Movie opens with Adrian scavenging Chitauri tech, even picking apart the corpse of a Leviathan
>This scavenger theme is reflected in his original job, criminal activity, and villain persona
>Had a clear character arc and descent into being a villain. Went from blue collar average joe to NY's top advanced weapons street distributor, all thinking it was justified to provide for his family
>We further see this descent when Toomes accidentally kills the first Shocker, and then later feels more casual about committing murder when talking with Peter
>Toomes ends with strained relationships with his loved ones, and now has a clear motivation to hate Spider Man. Only keeping his identity secret because he saved Liz's life as well as his own
I hope they keep it up
>>
>>93779424
>So pressed about going after the Vulture
Are you retarded? This is fucking Spider "Responsibilities are my shit" Man. Spiderman ignoring a villian only led to Uncle Ben dying. He learned his lesson and has now survivor's guilt over it.

It's a major part of his character.
>>
>>93779575
I thought it was implied they weren't selling the tech itself to others until the events of the movie.
I thought they were just developing their own shit, then using it to do heists themselves, and things only drew attention when they started selling the tech.
>>
>>93779575
It's actually weird that didn't become a major thing.

Actually, it's even weirder that Toomes even did business in Queens. You'd think that would be the last place he'd do it considering his family is there.
>>
>>93779612
I'm really curious to see what they do with him in future movies.
Either he'll just wait his time in prison and go back to being a normal civilian after, all while keeping hush about Peter.
OR
He'll break out, keep being the Vulture, and teaming up with other supervillains, all while keeping hush about Peter.

Both I would be happy about, as long as I get to actually see it.
>>
File: RealDougWalker.jpg (40KB, 600x685px) Image search: [Google]
RealDougWalker.jpg
40KB, 600x685px
>>93779467
>Do you honestly think anyone cares about the opinion of fucking Mike Mattei

Yes Doug, I do.
>>
>>93779304
>And just because he wasn't 100% accurate doesn't mean he was more accurate than Raimi and Webb's.
This statement is 100% correct
>>
>>93779680
The way I see it, its possible that he doesnt really have a life anymore. His original job means his schooling was probably limited (though he is in no way stupid), so theres not much to put on a resume. Combine that with a long criminal record, and his family possibly not wanting anything to do with him, and he has a good chance of wanting revenge. Sequel will probably open up with Mysterio or somebody breaking him out and giving him another suit
>>
>Pros
>Everybody isn't white
Why is this a thing only when applied to 'murica? I never see people bitching for more white people in bollywood.

Fuck sakes, whites are a global minority. Why must they further castigate themselves for having their own countries?
>>
>>93779575
He's 15.
>>
File: 1468272569788.jpg (12KB, 560x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468272569788.jpg
12KB, 560x400px
>>93778032
>Everybody isn't white
That's pretty racist.
And Flash isn't accurate, Flash is a white chad. That's how he gets away with picking on Peter, people respect him. I think most users of this board could beat up Homecoming Flash back in high school.
Also
>Spider-Man uses a cell phone in almost every promo
>>
>>93779812
>I think most users of this board could beat up Homecoming Flash back in high school.
I'd bully him for his curry money
>>
>>93778464
Are you fucking retarded? Go watch ASM1 right now, you stupid cunt.
>>
>>93779886
>Hey Puny Parker! I left you a curry surprise in your locker!
>>
>>93779886
They could've at least got a tough looking indian guy

The guy they got looks like a total dweeb
>>
>>93779931
not just a casting mistake, also a caste mistake
should've gone with a kshatriya
>>
File: 1452805465189.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1452805465189.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>93778032
>>Flash Thompson - Tony Revolori was the most accurate Flash by far. Flash Thompson was never a physical bully that beat people up and dunked nerds in toilets, he was just a popular asshole that mocked Peter endlessly.
Fuck you, this flash fucking sucked.

At the very least make the motherfucker taller than peter
7/10 movie
>>
>>93779892
There's nothing in ASM that wasn't done better in all the other films. Waste of time.
>>
These points are retarded
>hating ned leeds and Donald glover when they were funny as fuck
>hating on Tom Holland's acting
>complaining that the villain is too sympathetic
>>
>>93779886
>>93779931

Hes Guatemalan
>>
>>93779531
>Vulture puts high-tech weapons in the hands of idiot street thugs. That affects real people.
That seemed to only be a thought in Peter's mind after talking to Donald Glover, other than that he just wanted to prove himself to Daddy Stark.
>>
>>93779974
>>93779931
>>93779886
That dude is a spic
>>
>>93779974
I dunno shit about india's weird bug castes. All I know is that they hired some fat faced bitch looking kid.

Seriously, look at this faggot. I'm surprised he wasn't the one getting his ass beat.
>>
>>93779542
Fuck off Peter and May are supposed to be struggling to get by after Uncle Ben's death.
>>
File: Faggot.jpg (48KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
Faggot.jpg
48KB, 600x316px
>>93780015
>>93780031
Well he looks like a bitch.
>>
>>93779717
Webb's Flash best Flash
>>
>>93778032
I mean, in Lee/Ditko the unattainable Liz thing lasted for like 4 issues and then she was all over Peter's dick while he was more into Betty.
>>
>>93780088
And he was out of highschool before issue thirty.

People who act like Spiderman belongs in highschool are fools.
>>
>>93779754
>>93779680
>>93779612
>Vulture continues to be a professional costumed super-villain who's out to make a quick buck and has no qualms about going through Spidey to get it, but he also treats Spidey with a degree of respect and draws the line at killing him due to personal honour.

I am 100% for Vulture being the MCU version of Captain Cold. Actually, I'm just excited about them going for a Rogues vibe with the MCU Spidey villains in general. It's a great way to distinguish them from the rest of the MCU villains and keep his movies at a street-level in terms of both threatens and narratives. Spidey's at his best as a character when he's gong through his own personal conflicts and not constantly dealing with huge stakes like the rest of the MCU heroes.
>>
>>93779604
Uncle Ben WASN'T EVEN IN THE FUCKING MOVIE. PETER DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT UNCLE BEN.
Building falls on top of him, he almost fucking dies, and he's thinking about Iron Man.
The only time Benjamin Parker was even mentioned was in reference to Aunt May having a hard time because of "the event", and she didn't look like she was having that hard of a time.
>>
Karen was best girl by far. She was even Jennifer Connelly.
>>
>>93780085
As much as I disliked that movie, I have to agree.

>>93780041
>I'm surprised he wasn't the one getting his ass beat.
That sounds almost in character for classic Pete, at least wanting badly to kick his ass.
>>
>>93779577
>Did anyone notice that his homemade suit had them in the goggles as well?
That was weird. Why and how did Peter develop those animated goggles when the rest of the suit save the webshooters looked like it was cobbled together with whatever he had on hand?
>>
>>93779812
>I think most users of this board could beat up Homecoming Flash back in high school.
I think you're severly overrating the fighting ability of the average /co/mrade.
>>
>>93780110
You do know there are more spider-man comics than just the original, right?

Ultimate Spider-man was in highschool for ten years
>>
>>93780169
>Karen was best girl
Karen was the most out of place thing in the entire movie and ruined parts of was supposed to be a spider-man movie
>>
>>93780110
It's fine for a "first" movie.
By the way by issue 30 is also when Liz went away.
With the MCU's pseudo real-time thing Peter will be out of HS by the next solo movie anyway.
>>
>>93780191
>Ultimate Spider-man
FOOLS
O
O
L
S
>>
>>93780191
Yeah, and it was shit partially because Peter never moved on. It was the only adaption that lingered and let the highschool setting overstay it's welcome.

And since Bendis wanted to virtue signal we never got to see Ultimate Peter going to university.

>>93780172
Yeah, I'd like to see more of Peter being a bit of a dick deep down.
>>
File: 1476911770807.jpg (89KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1476911770807.jpg
89KB, 728x546px
>>93780158
>"the event"
Is that seriously how they refer to it?
I mean I understand not laying a flashback sauce all over the movie but "the event"?
>>
>>93778425
Yes, Spiderman always had expressive eyes in the comics and cartoons, it may be new for the movies but it has been part of the canon for decades
>>
File: mcu_shocker_7.png (84KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
mcu_shocker_7.png
84KB, 299x299px
>>93780135
The key thing that makes this movie's villain so strong is scale. Toomes wasnt looking to kill thousands or take over the world, let alone New York, he just wanted to earn a decent living. Hell, Shocker falls in the same category too in this movie and has his own little mini arc.
>Like Toomes, just wants to earn a buck
>Was smart enough to keep his mouth shut, his head low, and didnt end up like the previous "Shocker" for being a reckless idiot
>Goes from thinking the "Shocker" nickname being dumb, to having fun with the persona by the end when fighting Peter in the school parking lot
I just hope we see more of him, preferably in the mask
>>
File: bait.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>93778032
>Tony Revolori was the most accurate Flash by far.
>>
>>93780275
>take over the world, let alone New York
Other way around, person isn't gonna do small thing, let alone big thing.
>>
>>93780299
Right, my mistake
>>
>>93780110
And people on /co/ act like a movie has to be 100% like the comics or it isn't worth existing. This board is cancer
>>
>>93778711
>He's a highschooler, so it's more accurate to the comics
Peter was in high school for like three years of his forty-year run. End this meme.
>>
>>93780230
>Yeah, I'd like to see more of Peter being a bit of a dick deep down.
Actually, throwing some proper snarky responses at Flash (well, a better adapted Flash anyways) would be the ideal.
>>
>>93780257

"the event" is how Marvel Netflix shows refer to the alien invasion of the first Avengers movie
>>
>>93780275
Shocker honestly felt like an after thought in this movie.
The only reason I have a positive opinion of him is because of just how much I hated the first guy calling himself shocker. I was glad he died 5 minutes after he was "introduced"
>>
>>93780332
I know but that's just shitty TV "grounded" drama.
Although I guess this is a comedy and they want to avoid people feeling sad as much as they wanted people to not laugh at Jessica Jones.
I remember reading that more references to Ben's death were in but test audiences reacted poorly to them. Although I read that on /co/, so heh.
>>
>>93779575
No, based on what happened we can conclude that MCU USA is a failed state with inferior law enforcement and military apparatus to most third world countries. So, what previous movies already established.
>>
>>93779625
He never mentioned responsibility once in the movie. Responsibility was never brought up or implied. He just did shit to prove he could.
Nothing in this movie was a response to Uncle Ben's death, it was in response to Stark taking him to Germany and giving him a cool suit.
>>
File: AgentVenom.png (3MB, 853x1387px) Image search: [Google]
AgentVenom.png
3MB, 853x1387px
>>93780317
I'm just sick of the movies repeatedly putting him back in highschool.

At least he graduated in the first half of the original trilogy.

>>93780325
And because this new flash is such a fag we'll never get this.
>>
>>93780135
You can't do rogues in a remotely realistic or plausible context unless you're Superman. The reason being that they'd all just get shot by law enforcement sooner or later. There's a lot of things you can criticze American police for; hesitating to open fire on armed suspects (especially ones that have escaped in the past) is NOT one of them.
>>
>>93780027
It was on his mind the second they blew up Delmar's sandwich place

He spent the entire movie rejecting having any kind of social life just to keep being the best Spidey he could
>>
>>93780229
this is basically ultimate spider man: the movie so it makes sense

just like the rest of the mcu movies have been stuffing loads of the ultimate universe's shit in everyones face (see: samuel l jackson nick fury)
>>
>>93780345
I can understand that. But to be fair, Shocker does work better as a supporting role than a main character, certainly doesnt need a movie centered around his character. At least he had a presence in this movie which is more that can be said about Michelle . The biggest criticism I can say about him is not suiting up and not getting better gauntlets that fire shock waves instead of just shock wave punches
>>
>>93780027
No, that's on his mind after the ATM guys.

Teens want to prove themselves to their role models. That's part of being young, and it's even worse in Peter's case 'cause Tony put it in his head that he could be an Avenger. Peter is getting over that by the end of the movie, though.
>>
>>93780383
>inferior military apparatus to most third world countries
Even putting aside hellicarriers and supersoldiers, and what I'm guessing is hyperbole, this is still a ridiculous statement. You have no idea how shitty 3rd world armies are.
>>
>>93780393
>I'm just sick of the movies repeatedly putting him back in highschool.
We already have a ton of adult superheroes. It's nice to have one who's young who we get to see grow up. It's something different in the MCU. I just hope they don't fuck it up.
>>
>>93780455
A third world military would've reacted far better to e.g. the Chitauri attack. A third world military also wouldn't have stored its nuclear codes on the fucking Internet.
>>
>>93780178
The guy is 5'6. All you have to do is bump into him and he'll go flying.
>>
>>93780385
I feel like Red Letter Media are right when they say that someone in the writer room had a list of "things that have been done in both previous Spider-Man franchises" and religiously avoided all that.
For better and for worse in terms of accuracy.
>>
>>93780178
I was a defensive lineman who started for the first two years. Pretty sure I could beat up Tony Macaroni at age 15.
>>
>>93780393
Fuck Agentvenomfags, seriously who gives a flying fuck.
>>
>>93779789
The movie takes place in New York City you dumbass piece of shit, not fucking Ohio or even Upstate New York.
And America has a reputation of being a "melting pot" and country of immigrants.
India still has billions of their native populations and so do most other countries.
America's natives were fucking murdered and then the country was filled with other people.

Don't act like a fucking dumbass.
>>
>>93780436
I blame those "consultants" they used for the earlier movies.
>>
>>93780490
>A third world military would've reacted far better to e.g. the Chitauri attack.
No.
>A third world military also wouldn't have stored its nuclear codes on the fucking Internet.
They probably would if they had nukes to begin with.

With the exception of maybe 30 countries if you reach, the world's military is a joke.
>>
>>93779892
They got in a fight after Pete threw a lunch tray at him. Big fucking deal. If anything, Pete was the instigator anyways. R tard.
>>
>>93780507
I agree in part with this. But I do think responsibility was on Peter's mind. He was trying to be responsible with his powers. He was trying to use them for good. He didn't use them as a party trick.

That he's not good at being a superhero isn't about a lack of responsibility, it's about a lack of experience and training.
>>
>>93780569
>No.
Yes. They wouldn't have nuked their financial capital in response to space bikers that only killed <200 people, for one.
>They probably would if they had nukes to begin with.
Pakistan and North Korea do have nukes, and they don't. No one does.
>>
>>93780486
>We already have a ton of adult superheroes.
So put Peter in college. That's where his most well known stories happened, and it's something that hasn't been done yet.

>>93780528
B-but I like them retooling a classic Spidey character like that.

>>93780530
>And America has a reputation of being a "melting pot" and country of immigrants.
Uh huh. With a vast majority of white people.
>India still has billions of their native populations and so do most other countries.
>America's natives were fucking murdered and then the country was filled with other people.
You don't know a thing about history, do you? Especially using India as an example.
Do they not teach you idiots that other countries have just as much blood on their hands? Do you think the various indian ethnicities were all native?

Fuck off with your white guilt.
>>
>>93779812
And now he's a Latino Chad, the only people that don't respect him are the Decathlon kids (which was a problem I had with the movie because it lessens the effective of his mockery).
Tony Revolori would be miscast in a public school, but Midtown wasn't a public school here.
>>
>>93780492
>The average [15 year old] boy's height is 67 inches, or 5 feet 7 inches tall. Boys at 72 1/2 inches tall, or 6 feet and a 1/2-inch, are taller than 97 percent of all other boys in America
http://www.livestrong.com/article/370690-the-average-weight-height-of-a-15-year-old/

>>93780513
I'm pretty sure you're the exception here, champ.
>>
>>93779984
I didn't say he was the most accurate appearance-wise, the original Flash was a redhead, but Guatemalan Flash was the most accurately written.
>>
>>93779248
26 and I lived in Manhattan for 5 years
>>93779330
It is unfortunate
>>
>>93780618
Not really. I was a fat ass at age 15 and even I could kick his ass in.

Also most teenage boys in my grade were at least 5'10". Is America really that full of dwarves?
>>
>>93780638
and you don't think that dynamic is at all altered by Flash being a short scrawny nerd and Peter looking like he could break Flash in half pre-spider?
>>
>>93780601
>So put Peter in college.
Pretty sure they will. There are more movies coming. But the older he is when they start, the quicker he'll grow up and be another adult superhero in a universe full of adult superheroes.
>>
>tfw even ignoring manlet flash, ywn get the comics-accurate flash who bullies peter but loves spidey, because spidey carjacked him in this movie

suffering.
>>
>>93780594
>Pakistan and North Korea do have nukes, and they don't. No one does.
Literally exceptions. Pakistan can't even be considered 3rd world.

1st world armies irl have done incredibly stupid shit, let alone 3rd world ones. I'm not trying to say the MCU US army aren't dumb fucks, I'm saying there's even stupider irl.
>>
>>93780707
Don't forget the incredibly petty Korean tree war.
>>
>>93780657
Well it's not fair if you're European, we actually have fighting experience as kids because our cartoons don't teach us the "ignore the bully" meme.
>>
>>93780002
Ned was selfish and stupid. His only purpose was to be the funny fat friend, but he was unlikeable too. Cool hat though.
>hating on Tom Holland's acting
I can't judge Tom Holland's acting because he didn't actually play Peter Parker, but if he did his baby voice wouldn't be appropriate.
>complaining that the villain is too sympathetic
You're not supposed to be rooting for the villain.
>>
>>93780728
How about that time Australans lost a war to a bunch of flightless birds?
>>
>>93780707
>Literally exceptions. Pakistan can't even be considered 3rd world.
Pakistan's GDP per capita is lower than most of Sub-Saharan Africa's. If they're not third world, no one is.
>
1st world armies irl have done incredibly stupid shit, let alone 3rd world ones. I'm not trying to say the MCU US army aren't dumb fucks, I'm saying there's even stupider irl.
Any real life military of note would've wiped the floor with the Chitauri, and killed off many supervillains before the heroes were ever necessary. Similarly, even the most incompetent police departments would've quickly been able to trace one-of-a-kind alien ordnance back to Vulture, or at least fucking notice that items keep going missing from their warehouses.
>>
>>93779674
>Actually, it's even weirder that Toomes even did business in Queens.
Wasn't it New Jersey?
>>
>>93780760
Canadian. The schools tried to push the "JUST IGNORE THE BULLY" shit, but it only really stopped when I started hitting back. I found it quite fun, actually.

I don't get the "turn the other cheek" mindset, to be honest. Seems like it's setting kids up for failure.
>>
You do realize a good bit of the issues could have been solved if Happy did his fucking job, right?
>"Hey Peter, got your message, Tony informed the FBI"
>"Hey Peter, I'll let you know when we need you, just keep doing what you're doing."
>"Oh look, we're transporting HIGHLY DANGEROUS AVENGERS GRADE WEAPONS/TECHNOLOGY, better ensure it has an escort or at least SOMEBODY monitoring the craft closely instead of glancing at a tablet seeing if its on course."
>>
>>93778658
>>93780572
You sure you're not thinking of Spider-Man 1? The ASM Flash was fantastic.
>>
>>93780854
Well duh. There's a reason why he treats Petter a lot better in the end.
>>
>>93780795
>Ned was selfish and stupid.
He's about on par with some of the shit friends I had as a teen. Actually, he's less selfish than a lot of the people I knew.

>You're not supposed to be rooting for the villain.
In well written fiction, things aren't black and white. Both the protagonist and the antagonist have motives that the audience can relate to, and it gives the audience more to think about.
>>
>>93780257
I was paraphrasing, I don't remember the exactly line but it's not explicit.
Not doing Uncle Ben's death because "everybody knows already" was retarded anyway.
It makes the movie feel empty and sure older people like myself know, but there was a bunch of the kids in the theater who have probably never seen a Spider-Man film before.
>>
>>93780802
>Any real life military of note would've wiped the floor with the Chitauri, and killed off many supervillains before the heroes were ever necessary.
That's really unlikely, it's not exactly a common occurence irl, military are trained for specific purposes, not to fight giant leviathan shit that resist missiles.
The 200 bodycount is just dumb.
>Similarly, even the most incompetent police departments would've quickly been able to trace one-of-a-kind alien ordnance back to Vulture, or at least fucking notice that items keep going missing from their warehouses.
That is mostly correct, although there's shit that "mysteriously" goes missing from evidence rooms all the fucking time.
>>
>>93778425
>Deadpool hit the nail on the head for "comic accuracy" when it comes to the concept of moving eyes

Absolutely but it's very cartoony and would look out of place in the MCU. Everything has some kind of technical (or magic) explanation to it.
>>
>>93780937
>In well written fiction, things aren't black and white.
opinion

>>93780965
Would've been an improvement to the MCU, really
>>
>>93780952
I'm fine ith them not showing it, but it should still weight heavily on Peter, enough for him to reference it at least one time, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>93780963
>That's really unlikely, it's not exactly a common occurence irl, military are trained for specific purposes, not to fight giant leviathan shit that resist missiles.
The Leviathans don't resist shit. they have exposed faces that explode into tiny bits when Stark launches a small missile at them. Hulk also cracked one's skull with a punch roughly equal in force to a large semi-truck impact. Modern military ordnance can do MUCH better than that.

Let us also remember that the bulk of their forces were those open-topped skiffs (which were slower than WW2 prop planes, very lightly armed, and bursted into flames when shot at by a 7.62x51mm minigun) and their foot soldiers (which refused to use cover ever, went down to pistols, and were themselves armed with little more than rifles). WW1 militaries would have a good chance against them.
>That is mostly correct, although there's shit that "mysteriously" goes missing from evidence rooms all the fucking time.
You'd figure literal alien technology at least would be triple-checked.
>>
>>93778032
Too much world building in an already established world

Too much Parker character building even though they are already established

Not enough actual spider-man scenes

Not enough web swinging

When peter actually GOT to be spider-man thats when the movie excelled

Also too much villains, every 20 seconds going back to the villains is boring as fuck.

Peter is also really selfish for no reason other then his daddy issues

good spidey movie, I just prefer the trilogy spider-man, unless the second movie is incredible like spider man 2
>>
>>93780158
Just because the movie didn't show Uncle Ben's death doesn't mean that YOU don't know how he died. That scene was a straight up mirror to that "event".
If hypothetically the sequel shows us that Uncle Ben died a different way I'll take what I said back. Otherwise it's classic Peter not wanting "that" to happen again.
>>
>>93780317
An adaptation doesn't need to be exactly like the source material, but it shouldn't pull a 180 changing everything and ruining the foundation of the story and characters.

Adaptations should expand, not erase.
>>
>>93778032
>Flash Thompson - Tony Revolori was the most accurate Flash by far
This is the most wrong thing you could have said.

Literally the only thing he shares in common with the character is that he's mean to Peter.

Let's see what defines Flash in the original comics
>Hates Peter
>Good guy deep down
>Dumb Jock
>#1 Spider-Man fan

So let's compare that to MCU Flash now
>Hates Peter
Check.
>Good guy deep down
Nope. He was a selfish coward who literally pulled Liz out of the way to save himself in the elevator
>Dumb Jock
This guy is a Smart math nerd, and is smaller than Peter.
>#1 Spider-Man fan
Flash didn't really care about Spider-Man in this film at all. Spider-Man saves his friends lives and the only thing he wants to know from Spider-Man is if Peter's lying or not.

This was a shit Flash, even before talking into account how he looked nothing like the character, and some of the stories that have been done since, such as Flash coming from a poor, abusive home.
>>
>>93779789
>I never see people bitching for more white people in bollywood

This is such a blatant use of false equivalence. Compare the ethnic demographics of NYC with those of Mumbai and you have the answer to your question.
>>
>>93781055
>with a punch roughly equal in force to a large semi-truck impac
That seems incredibly specific for something you have no way of knowing.

But I'll mostly concede to your point.
>>
>>93781126
>That seems incredibly specific for something you have no way of knowing.
I remember I was browsing some random forums and some guy actually did a series of calculations of how hard the Hulk punched based on the Leviathan's momentum. Or maybe it was a Youtube video with a clickbaity title like "HOW STRONG IS HULK REALLY?". Give me a few minutes.
>>
>>93779304
>He wasn't dating Liz in this universe.
why would this matter? i mean holy shit he finds a trophy more important than a person's life
>>
>>93781152
I don't really care that much, dude.
>>
>>93781117
Compare the population total and ask why you want a global minority to represent itself even less.

>>93781094
>Good guy deep down
This is what I liked about the Agent Flash stuff. It was cool seeing Peter and Flash become friends as adults. Maybe I'm a sucker for a jerk jock with depth, but this was a missed opportunity.

>>93781090
Exactly. Especially changing things like Flash and MJ for no real reason.
>>
>>93778032
>Ned Leeds - annoying and selfish

this bothered me the most

>"PETER KNOWS SPIDERMAN!"

the whole theater laughed but i was just thinking how pissed i'd be if i were peter.
>>
>>93780257
No, the closest they come to directly referencing Ben is Peter telling Ned something like "I can't do that to Aunt May with everything that's happened"
>>
>>93781163
alright.
>>
>>93781176
>population total
>global minority

Why the fuck are these relevant? NYC is only 44% white. The casting is accurate, deal with it.
>>
>>93781204
>NYC is 44% white
>Peter is like the only white kid in his class
Something doesn't add up here, captain.
>>
>>93780507
Thank you, that's exactly how I feel. This movie definitely has more heart than the TASM movies, it feels like Jon Watts had a clear version, but in trying to be more original and differnet they inadvertently ruined the character.
>>
>>93781176
>Compare the population total and ask why you want a global minority to represent itself even less.
That's such a stupid fucking point. At the very least 50% of what the world watches features primarily white people.
I don't even care about the whole diversity argument but man that's just fucking dumb.
>>
>>93780275
I hope he becomes like Ultimate Shocker, popping up in every movie for a bit but never really being important
>>
>>93780640
>26 and I lived in Manhattan for 5 years
So shut the fuck up, dumb old man.
>>
>>93781244
>50% of what the world watches
So you're ignoring Japan, China and India and their huge media sectors?

I repeat: do you want to go bitch about there not being enough white people in the next bollywood movie?
>>
>>93780662
No, he was still bothered by it. And we haven't even seen this Peter pre-spider.
>>
>>93781229
>Peter is like the only white kid in his class
Not true by the way. This movie has plenty of white characters, it just has plenty of non-white characters too.

If you're seriously against diverse casting to the point of denying demographic realities then you've got some shit to work out.
>>
>>93781297
>So you're ignoring Japan, China and India and their huge media sectors?
No, I'm not ignoring how succesful western movies are over there either.

>I repeat: do you want to go bitch about there not being enough white people in the next bollywood movie?
I repeat: I don't even care about the whole diversity argument
>>
>>93780640

gentrifying fuck
>>
Cons:
A little too light-hearted, being Spider-man didn't cause any real problems for his social life.

Skipping the origins and have Stark give him the iconic suit kinda robed Peter of his own identity.
>>
>>93781297
>India: country full of Indians
>US: only 63% white

If Bollywood makes a movie that takes place in Columbus, Ohio then they should probably cast a lot of white people. But as long as their movies take place in India there's nothing wrong with their movies reflecting their demographics.
>>
>>93781315
>Not true by the way. This movie has plenty of white characters, it just has plenty of non-white characters too.
Yeah, except none of them were major characters. Don't give me bullshit that they didn't make it a point to cast Liz, Flash, MJ and 2nd Shocker as non-white. It was pandering, and I'm sick of seeing it.

>>93781359
>No, I'm not ignoring how succesful western movies are over there either.
So America should appeal to countries that aren't the actual intended demographic because....?
Ever think they may like the fact that western films are white? Must seem exotic.

>I repeat: I don't even care about the whole diversity argument
Which is why you're defending it.
>>
File: 2191919-2_flash.png (370KB, 921x384px) Image search: [Google]
2191919-2_flash.png
370KB, 921x384px
>>93781176
>This is what I liked about the Agent Flash stuff. It was cool seeing Peter and Flash become friends as adults. Maybe I'm a sucker for a jerk jock with depth, but this was a missed opportunity.
This is why ASM will always have the best Flash.
We got a great basketball scene with him, a scene where he was apologizing for his Uncle dying, and he even wore a Spidey shirt at the end. It was perfect.
>>
>>93780937
It wasn't black and white though, not once during the movie did I feel any anger or hatred towards Adrian.
Civil War was a good example of black and white.
>>
>>93781204
>The casting is accurate, deal with it.
read a comic book
this message has been sponsored by /co/
>>
>>93780572
That was Raimi Spidey, "R Tard"
>>
>>93781042
>but it should still weight heavily on Peter
It didn't seem to weigh on him or Aunt May at all, though he implied it weighed on Aunt May to Ned and that was the only time it was brought up.
>>
>>93781423
>So America should appeal to countries that aren't the actual intended demographic because....?
Because apparently that's your idea. I literally never implied that.
>Ever think they may like the fact that western films are white? Must seem exotic.
They do.

>Which is why you're defending it.
I'm not, I'm saying your point is stupid because it is. Whites are the overwhelming majority of what people watch. That's just a staight up fact. Claiming that white people are in danger of being underrepresented in media is really fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>93781430
>Civil War was a good example of black and white.
Oh boy.
>>
>>93781423
>none of them were major characters

Now you're just being stupid on purpose. White characters included
>main character
>main fucking villain
>multiple supporting villains
>main character's mentor
>mentor's bodyguard used frequently for comic relief
>main character's mother figure
>main character's coach

Also
>Don't give me bullshit that they didn't make it a point to cast Liz, Flash, MJ and 2nd Shocker as non-white
They did. Because the movie takes place in a part of the country that is mostly non-white. How is this difficult for you?
>>
>>93781082
What scene? When the building fell on him and he got up because he was thinking of Tony Stark?
>>
>>93781156
He's an asshole, that's the point.
>>
>>93781430
>Civil War was a good example of black and white.
Nope. I have seen people be very passionate about believing Tony was in the right, and I have seen people be very passionate about believing Cap was in the right. Personally, I can easily see it from both sides, though I have one I agree with more.
>>
>>93781198
And then he kept asking Peter if he could tell everybody while they were in school.
>>
>>93778032
>Bitching about Flash, when all he's ever done is egg Peter on to make mistakes and show he's still has to grow as a person and a hero
Eat shit.
>>
>>93781546
>44% white
>mostly non-white
I know you're thinking it's less than half, but remember that all those other demographics are combined into that other 56%. So each demographic is smaller than that 44% individually.

>>93781512
>Because apparently that's your idea. I literally never implied that.
You said that the fact that American media are confused globally was a factor in this.
>They do.
So why defend a blatant push for stupid diversity?

>Whites are the overwhelming majority of what people watch
You must not watch TV. Blacks are overwhelmingly overrepresented, whilst latinos are often folded into the "white category".
>Claiming that white people are in danger of being underrepresented in media is really fucking ridiculous.
Okay, let me get this straight. I think it's stupid that they arbitrarily changed character's races, and you say this "while not caring about diversity"?
>>
>>93781670
>remember that all those other demographics are combined into that other 56%

You mean just like the casting?
>>
File: tumblr_osmtr1lKN01r85l5to2_1280.jpg (40KB, 575x652px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_osmtr1lKN01r85l5to2_1280.jpg
40KB, 575x652px
>>93781426
>great basketball scene
>>
>>93781652
That fat, selfish shit is going to get someone killed in one of the sequels, I'm calling it.
>>
Well this thread turned out productive
>>
>>93781689
Which is why all of the named Spiderman supporting characters except Aunt May weren't white, huh?

Including this "MJ" bullshit stunt?
>>
>>93781718
If its any consolation, I could see Ned dying in a future film. But then again Peter is short on supporting characters his own age so its a toss up
>>
>>93781670
>You said that the fact that American media are confused globally was a factor in this.
Reminder that you're the one who argued the "global minority" thing in the first place, dummy.
>So why defend a blatant push for stupid diversity?
I'm still not.
>I think it's stupid that they arbitrarily changed character's races
Okay.
>You must not watch TV. Blacks are overwhelmingly overrepresented, whilst latinos are often folded into the "white category".
Doesn't actually contradict my claim.
>you say this "while not caring about diversity"?
Yes. I can say facts without caring about them.
>>
>>93781649
>though I have one I agree with more.
Then you're a dumbass. It was obvious they were both wrong.
>>
>>93781667
Nigga I listed Flash as a pro
>>
>>93781739
Not him but I hope you're baiting, otherwise you really don't understand basic maths or your own argument.
>>
>>93781700
It's no different from the boxing match from the comics.
>>
>>93781786
Kek thank you for chiming in. That post made it clear I never should have engaged with him in the first place.
>>
If it makes anyone feel any better, they're likely to retcon the MJ thing away and perhaps bring in Mary Jane Watson. Apparently on social media (god help us all but thats what studios look at for fucking direction), a good number of people werent happy with the twist, so its not just 4chan. Its either comicfags, Raimifags, or people who just didnt like Zendaya calling them out.
>>
>>93781755
>Reminder that you're the one who argued the "global minority" thing in the first place, dummy.
Yeah, which is why I think forced diversity is stupid.
>I'm still not.
Except you literally just did.
>Okay.
Nice response.
>Doesn't actually contradict my claim.
The hell it doesn't. Especially in comic books, where blackwashing is getting real old.
>Yes. I can say facts without caring about them.
I'm not buying it.

>>93781786
So why'd they change the character's races to be a forced package of "diversity"? I still haven't gotten an answer.

>>93781810
Keep sucking your own dick, man.
>>
>>93781834
There's already been an interview with Feige and Pascal saying she's not and never has been Mary Jane. Another one, because apparently people didn't believe them when they were saying it before the movie came out.
>>
>>93779612
I'm so looking forward to what they decide to do with Scorpion, as long as they don't kill him off early like they did with Crossbones.
>>
>>93781718
>hat fat, selfish shit is going to get someone killed in one of the sequels
Hopefully it's Ned.

>>93781746
With that stupid "My friend's call MJ" shit and Betty Brant now being younger than him, I wouldn't even be surprised if Harry and Gwen aren't ever introduced.
>>
>>93781872
How long will Feige and Pascal chicken out and introduce the real Mary-Jane into the MCU, even if its for a one-off cameo or joke.
>>
File: 1481429268165.png (1MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1481429268165.png
1MB, 1280x738px
>>93781861
Man you cannot argue, this is fucking funny.
>>
>>93781909
Pretty sure they were going to introduce her regardless. It's really cute how people think they cracked a code on that one.
>>
>>93778032
>if anything changes from the comics it's bad: The Post

Wew fuck off OP
>>
>>93781952
If Michelle Jones is revealed to be the granddaughter of J Jonah Jameson in the sequel, her character will be redeemed in an instant.
>>
>>93781902
In truth, Im completely fine with Gwen getting cut. Lord knows we dont need to see her neck snapped again. As for Harry, that is a sad situation. No Harry means no Norman, who you could still have as an antagonist, just not in a glider
>>
>>93781952
They were probably just testing the waters. Wonder if this time people would accept it better than with the Mandarin.
>>
File: Scorpion.jpg (1MB, 1983x2123px) Image search: [Google]
Scorpion.jpg
1MB, 1983x2123px
>>93781879
It can only do the character good at this point. Gargan has been a joke for years. I just hope his costume is better than this
>>
>>93781549
Before that, when Toomes tells Peter to not follow him and just enjoy the dance with Liz.
>>
>>93782031
Him being played by Vaas from Far Cry 3 is pretty fucking brilliant and one of the few race changes i didn't mind.

>>93782025
They probably pull another Mandarin twist revealing that they is actually is a Mary-Jane Watson. Would be funny if Michelle turns out to be more like Gwen, hell maybe she takes Gwen's role in the MCU as the love interest who dies.
>>
>>93781995
What if they do a MJ vs MJ love triangle, and Michelle dies thereby being a surrogate Gwen Stacy AND being a motivation for JJJ to hate Spider Man if shes his daughter?
>>
File: Max likes it.jpg (25KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
Max likes it.jpg
25KB, 320x238px
>>93782086
Fucking brilliant, it gives Peter something to angst over and develop, it gives JJJ a reason to hate Spidey for failing to save her, and it gives the real MJ a chance to grow up and mature.
>>
>adaptation
adaptation of fucking what

It's Spider-Man, he's Spider-Man. That's it.
>>
>>93782082
>Him being played by Vaas from Far Cry 3 is pretty fucking brilliant and one of the few race changes i didn't mind.
Seconding this. Great choice.
>>
why do people never shut the fuck up about racebaiting when all the tony dicksucking was the real problem of the movie
>>
>>93780528
Fuck you.
>>
>>93781094
I came into this thread wanting to defend Flash but you've done a great job.

I'd also like to say that Flash wasn't so obsessed with Peter to start lowbrow chants about him when he wasn't even present and that movie Flash tried to save the fucking trophy.
>>
>>93780530
America Natives died by germs.

We didnt even need to spread it, it was that bad.

A few hundred thousand killed in direct conflict is meager compared to the millions who fell to plague.
>>
>>93780158
If you were trapped under a building, would you pray to your dead uncle to come save you?
>>
>tfw fake spoilers "Homecoming" Flash was better than the actual movie
>>
>>93782304
>We didnt even need to spread it

And yet smallpox blankets were still handed out with high hopes.
>>
File: SpiderScorpion.jpg (416KB, 800x389px) Image search: [Google]
SpiderScorpion.jpg
416KB, 800x389px
>>93782031
What if they give him the "human coathanger" costume
>>
>>93780265
>Yes, Spiderman always had expressive eyes in the comics and cartoons, it may be new for the movies but it has been part of the canon for decades

I acknowledged that
>.do Spider-Man's eyes move in the comics? Yes, but it's not because of any technological reason or canon purpose, it's just toon force shit....it's meta and done just to show emotion since Spider-Man wears a full face mask, technically Deadpool hit the nail on the head for "comic accuracy" when it comes to the concept of moving eyes if you take this into consideration more so than this Spider-Man, Spider-Man's mask in the comics was always just a piece of cloth
>>
>>93778032
jesus christ is this a bait thread or what?
>>
Peter didn't even feel like a loser in this movie, just a somewhat nerdy guy who wants to be popular but can't.
With Maguire and Garfield you could tell Peter was a loser.

Also, yes, as OP said, Aunt May being too able screws over many of Peter's original motivations (like why he messed with the Fantastic Four right at the beginning of his career, because he needed money to support Aunt May, since Uncle Ben had died).

Diversity was a good thing since the setting was, after all, in Queens, but the characters should have been respected. Flash in no way resembled the comic one. This Flash was just some annoying wannabe nerd. The rest of the supporting cast were uninteresting, especially Ned, since he fully played into the comic relief best friend that is a minority.

Too much of Peter's agency went to Iron Man. That was a terrible idea, even though Tony was indeed a mentor of sorts to Peter in the comics.
>>
>>93780178
Uhhh...and which internet sites do you think he would frequent?
>>
>>93782339
What did it say?
>>
>>93782358
Why does JJJ hate spidey so much
>>
>>93782387
>Garfield was a loser
I must have missed that because his social life seemed pretty alright to me. He was more of an antisocial prick, which I guess is accurate considering Peter was like that early on, but Garfield was far from a class loser
>>
My main problems with the movie was that
#1 Peter doesn't have anything to ground him. Nothing to show how he got his moral code.
Why does he care so much about his neighborhood? Why does he spend so much time fighting crime at the expense of his social life and his crush? This thing is important because it gives a reason why when given two choices Peter always goes after the villain instead of being a 'cool guy'. All of this culminates in that penultimate scene where he gets out of the rubble. What motivates Peter to be a hero?
(Of course we know that it's because of Uncle Ben's Death but they definitely did not show even a sliver of it in the film. Instead Uncle Ben was proxied by of all people Tony Stark.)

#2 My second problem is that none of Peter's 'hard choices' had any real consequences riding on it. For not bringing his friend 'spider-man'. Peter was only made fun of, he wasn't even getting 'bullied'. Except for Flash who was a prick nobody even cared. There wasn't also any real consequences for missing the decathlon, No one was really counting on him to be there. Sure he 'disappointed' Liz but in the end we discover that she likes Peter nonetheless. Same thing with the ferry. Parker as we found out overstepped his hero duties but in the end Iron Man saved the day and took his hi-tech suit away from him. Even during his first encounters with the atm robbers. His cockiness got the bodega blown up but the owner and the cat survived. There's no follow up, nothing that made Peter reflect on how the guy lost his source of livelihood.
There wasn't any real moment of introspection for Peter and that is very important because that's one of the things that separates Peter from the rest of Marvel's heroes making him out to be the 'greatest' embodiment of what a superhero should be.

They didn't allow Peter to make a consequential mistake in this movie. A mistake that helps build his character, one that he'll think about so he'll strive to be a better person.
>>
>>93782353
>And yet smallpox blankets were still handed out with high hopes.
But America was settled before germ theory was invented. Smallpox blankets are a fucking myth.
>>
>>93782353
Nope, you were just dumb enough to fall for that meme.

Literally never happened.
>>
>>93782358
Scorpion being in the next movie certainly gives them good reason to bring in JJJ too. As for the costume, Im hoping for something not so armor heavy. Maybe something like Yellowjacket, only the scorpion tail looks like hes got a damn spider slayer on his back or something
>>
>>93782387
>With Maguire and Garfield you could tell Peter was a loser.
Macguire? Yes. Garfield? Fuck no.

Macguire's Peter was pure spaghetti, you could see why he got pushed around and bullied. You could see the resentment, too.

Macguire was too cool to be that. He was just a douchey hipster.
>>
>>93782358
>"I can pull it apart with my bare hands!"
> wearing gloves

Oh, Matty....
>>
>>93782483
>macguire
Fuck, meant Garfield in the last part.
>>
>>93779424

I could practically hear Uncle Ben's voice over while he was walking towards Liz
>>
>>93781872
I'm not convinced they're totally backpedaling on this.

I mean he essentially just said she's not Mary Jane Watson. Which, no shit, we've known since the start that she's Michelle. The question on everybody's mind is whether or not she'll be his main love interest, and I think it's pretty clear that she will be.
>>
>>93782416
>Vulture was not Liz's father
>Vulture and his crew figure out that Spider-Man is a student at Midtown but assume it's Flash
>They attack the Homecoming dance looking for him
>Flash mans up and is willing to take the bullet for his friends, but Spider-Man saves him
>Flash ends up becoming even more popular while Peter passes for a coward
>Flash becomes a fan of Spider-Man after that and treats Peter somewhat nicer in true Flash fashion ("Spider-Man helps everyone, no matter how much of a dweeb, Parker. Now that he's my best friend I gotta' be nicer to you and set the example" kind of stuff).
>>
>>93782440
His mistake was betraying Daddy Stark, I guess.
>'I'm nothing without this suit"
Fuck Homecoming.
>>
>>93782538
Id say given the amount of Damage Control and the droves of Raimifags who grew up on those movies that have that weird connection to Dunst's Mary Jane, its a safe bet its a retcon in the making. This entire movie felt like Zendaya was originally Mary Jane in an early draft, and then later tweaked because people freaked when news spread of her mysterious role. The MJ thing was most likely them testing audience reactions on whether or not they could still use her, and apparently people still werent happy.
>>
>>93782483
>Loner
>Poor
>Awkward
>Stuttering
>Bullied by everyone but Gwen

Garfield's Peter was a loser. Having nice hair doesn't change that.
>>
>>93782531
>I imagine things that aren't there and so should everybody else
>I had to make something up but the movie is still a good adaptation
>>
>>93782630
If they wanted MJ in the movie, they cast the wrong girl from Shake it Up
>>
File: wack (2016_12_08 01_52_40 UTC).jpg (70KB, 840x628px) Image search: [Google]
wack (2016_12_08 01_52_40 UTC).jpg
70KB, 840x628px
I just wanted to discuss the movie, but y'all had lost your shit because I said I liked Flash and that less white people in New York City was a good thing.
>>
>>93782630
>Id say given the amount of Damage Control and the droves of Raimifags who grew up on those movies that have that weird connection to Dunst's Mary Jane
Eat a dick. My first exposure was back when she and Peter were married.
>This entire movie felt like Zendaya was originally Mary Jane in an early draft, and then later tweaked because people freaked when news spread of her mysterious role.
Because she doesn't look like her, act like her, talk like her or treat Peter the same way. It's not nostalgiafagging.
>>
>>93782448
>>93782449
Am I being trolled?
>>
>>93782722
Because they're retards. Best girl will always be Karen.
>>
>>93782636
Being a loner, poor, and mildly socially awkward doesnt make you a high school loser anon. Hell, Flash only picked on him in that one scene because Peter challenged him and had to look good in front of everyone. Flash actually acted like a rational human being too after hearing Uncle Ben had died too. Peter was far from an easy target, he just kept to himself and no one cared
>>
>>93782726
Im talking about casuals you colossal faggot, the only opinion studios seem to listen too. I didnt lump you in that demographic you fucking autist.
>>
>>93782728
No. Do you not follow history?

The smallpox thing was mentioned in one letter that was never verified as real.
>>
So that was suppose to be Scorpion Vulture was talking to at the end right? Do you think they will actually get him in the suit if they end up using him for the next Spider Man movie?
>>
>>93782801
Yes, that was Mac Gargan, the same guy who tried to deal with him on the boat.
>>
>>93778032
>Donald Glover can't act
Glover was fantastic. He had way more character with his few lines than Holland did with the whole movie!
>>
>>93782567
That would have been nice
>>
>>93781266
>26
>old

>>93781361
Don't currently live there. Also gentrifying is a good thing
>bitch about white flight
>bitch about gentrification
>>
>Shocker was in this
>Even got yellow pillow-like sleeves

I loved that little detail. Wish he had duel shock gloves though
>>
>>93782830
That's some massive bullshit Glover wanking if I ever saw some.
>>
File: 1492894149657.jpg (30KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492894149657.jpg
30KB, 720x480px
>>93782744
>You actually liked the ai
>>
>>93778711
That matters as much as Rich Evan's saying "It's the most accurate adaptation ever"

>>93778032
Wow OP don't forget they made Flash an actual asshole, comic Flash would not have been rushing out of the elevator.
>>
>>93782854
>Shocker was in this
Why you gotta lie? "Shocker" was just no-name mooks, one of whom got dusted off like a chump.
>>
>>93779612

I think he has a change of heart. He knows he has a thing for his daughter and if scorpion figures that out or anyone for that matter then he knows that they will go after his daughter too to hurt peter.
>>
>>93782859
Settle down Holland, give it some time and maybe you'll get good too
>>
>>93779304
>>93779717
>>93780085
How would he be more accurate. If "not using physical violence" is the main factor than by that shallow comparison he should by being Indian.
>>
>>93782892
Well I guess the closest we'll get of him in the MCU.
>>
>>93782830
>Talk kinda slow and only have your eyes half open
>acting

His character was literally only good for the ice cream line
>>
>>93782865
>not liking something that adds levity to him learning how to use the suit
It's like you want Spider-Man to be 2 hours of angst ridden bullshit.
>>
>>93782785
Ok, definitely being trolled. Thanks for the heads up.

Also the moon landings were real, the Holocaust happened and climate change isn't a hoax.
>>
>>93782753
Flash threw a basketball at his head in the very first scene.
>>
File: Shocker.png (1MB, 1724x1808px) Image search: [Google]
Shocker.png
1MB, 1724x1808px
>>93782892
>>93782923
I could easily see Shocker being a reoccurring supporting villain in these movies. He was starting to enjoy the persona by the schoolbus fight, all he needs now is a mask
>>
>>93782934
>he didn't like interrogation mode.
weak
>>
>>93781071
I loved everything about the villains. Other then that, I agree.
>>
>>93778032
>Michelle - acted like Gwen Stacey, should've been Gwen Stacey

Let me preface my criticism by saying I hated her character, but I just think you're wrong.

Gwen was popular that was part of character. It wouldn't work unless she was popular, she was just kinda bitchy and a little stalkerish but being the "prom queen" type girl is part of it.

It's like saying all you have to do is write an entitled asshole to get Joffery in GoT right, NO he also has to be king or some other high authoritative position or you lose something.

How is that bad?

I gotta agree with the rest (except Flash) especially about Ben and the Parkers not being poor.
>>
>>93779612

his wings were fucking DOPE

The truck scene in Maryland when he attached them to the truck while he ziplined in was the coolest shit. Toomes had swag; Falcon wishes he were that cool.
>>
>>93782976
My point is Flash wasnt a complete dick in the ASM series and actually got along with Parker in a few scenes. Garfield's Parker didnt have it that bad, certainly better off than most interpretations
>>
>>93782966
http://quod.lib.umich.edu/p/plag/5240451.0001.009/--did-the-us-army-distribute-smallpox-blankets-to-indians?rgn=main&view=fulltext
>>
>>93780275

>yfw Tinkerer references picking up scraps from Lagos and that's where Crossbones lost one of his gauntlets

>yfw the Shocker gauntlet is a modded Crossbones power fist

This movie did such a good job of fleshing out the MCU and the street-level ramifications of the Avengers' battles.
>>
>>93782946
>Liking something that replaces actual character development, a chance to get into the mind of pete, and literally giving solutions to every single problem presented to it.

I don't think you've ever read a spider-man comic if you think Peter using his problem solving skills is "angst ridden bullshit"
>>
File: Bat think.gif (408KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
Bat think.gif
408KB, 500x345px
>>93783002
This brings up an interesting question: Could Vulture take on Falcon? Toomes' flight harness is designed to be strong so it can haul salvage, but its offensive capabilities are much lower than Sam's suit which is practically military grade. But then again, Vulture can fight a metahuman like Peter
>>
>>93782982
Well the mask and a second gauntlet.
>>
I agree with everything except the Flash thing and the white thing. As a Spider-Man fan this movie sucked ass. I mean, I see why people like it, but to me it's just a disgrace.

I just hope Marvel doesn't try to pull any synergy in the comics.
>>
>>93783076
>I just hope Marvel doesn't try to pull any synergy in the comics.
We all know they will. Which is why I hate this race changing bullshit.
>>
>>93783061
Because we have two hours of movie and what I can glean from you posts is you want ON SCREEN character development about a suit that's made by a guy who doesn't know the full extent of the person's powers he's making it for so he goes overboard and the only way you're gonna have him "learn" how to use the suit's functions in the movie is a fucking time skip. And we already have people bitching about 8 FUCKING YEARS.
>>
>>93778032
>very weak adaptation

Holland was more like Spider-Man than any other actor who has ever played the part. Vulture was more like a proper Spider-Villain than any that has existed. The general feel of the film with some kid basically getting himself in too deep was way more like actual Spider-Man than any of the other films.

This was a strong as fuck adaptation.
>>
>>93783062

I'd say Falcon beats him on combat experience alone. Plus, Redwing is no joke.

Idk if they were trying to imply that Toomes was once in the military, but Falcon is active military (or was recently) and is much younger. He'd win in the end.

Now you give Falcon Vulture's wings... that's a problem. I don't think the MCU will ever do FalCap, but if they somehow ever did, I'd love for him to have detachable wings the way Toomes did.
>>
>>93783107
>Which is why I hate this race changing bullshit.
I'm more concerned with MJ, Spider-Man sucked Tony's cock, and Peter being high tech. It feels so anti-Spider-Man. Yes, Spider-Man is smart, yes, it makes sense for him to have a high tech suit. But it also makes sense for a Bond villain to just shoot Bond in the face. Spider-Man intelligence shines through with how he deals with his enemies, by outsmarting them and using his knowledge of physics and chemistry to his advantage.
>>
I'm not convinced Holland can play a heterosexual. He's just a bit too gay to have any on-screen chemistry with a woman.
>>
>>93783116
>Holland was more like Spider-Man than any other actor who has ever played the part.

Spider-Man has /never/ acted like the way he acts in the MCU.
>>
>>93783116
You're right; Spider-Man is supposed to be a screw up little bitch and Holland made Parker's constant fuck ups and grating personality come to life.
No one in universe likes him, and I can believe it. He's one annoying fuck.
>>
>>93782744
Michelle was almost good.
Liz was hot but boring.
Karen was a joke and people who say shit like "Karen is best girl" are /r9k/-tier dweebs that jerkoff to Jenny Wakeman.

Best girl is Aunt May.
>>
>>93783023
Ok, it can't be definitively proven that the US army gave smallpox blankets to natives in the 1830s, that doesn't mean that smallpox blankets are a myth.

Learn to read, nigga.

2Pac isn't alive, vaccines don't cause autism and there's no such thing as lizard people.
>>
>>93782836
kill yourself before I kill you.
>>
>>93783144
I know it's /a/ but I was hoping MCU spidey would be operating on a shoe string budget and had to go full Joseph Joestar and bluff and trick his enemies.
>>
>>93783129
Im not sure whos faster, but as long as Sam keeps his distance Id put money on him. Falcon has more toys, but they're all long range weapons. Toomes certainly overpowers him if its a hand to hand encounter
>>
>>93781786
At 44:56 the cast (not counting Tony and Hobby) Pete's circle of friends- acquaintances is pretty heavily lopsided to non-white. Like sure a lot of the background kids were white but like really Betty was the only named white teenager (unless I'm forgetting someone), and Pete's only white "friend" was the other white dude in decathlon. But I admit I don't know if it's normal to not have any friends of your race.

>>93781670
>>93781512
I gotta agree with both of you on different points White people are still in most media because I still think of America as mostly white such that the non-whiteness of the main was kinda off-putting but I've never been to New York. That said maybe Blacks are over represented because I was kinda surprised that it just seemed to be Liz and Michelle, so if that's an accurate percentage I dunno I expect more.
t. a non-white Foreigner who's been to the states like 8 times at most.
>>
>>93783144
>I'm more concerned with MJ
This is the big one right here. MJ is a timeless part of Spidey's story by now, whereas this new MJ is so mid 2010's it hurts.
>Spider-Man sucked Tony's cock
See, I could be down with that if only they didn't interact. It'd be way funnier to have Peter be a fanboy to an oblivious Stark.
>and Peter being high tech
I don't mind some tech, but the suit having it's targeting shit and an AI rubs me the wrong way.

>>93783188
I did read. Clearly you didn't. There were no historical records of military interaction with the infected people.
>>
>>93783109
You think I like the idea of him learning the suit?

His suit was by far the worst part of the film

Spider-man doesn't count on a suit designed by someone else to help him in a fight, it's counter-character.

I hate Tony's presence in the film, I hate Karen, and this movie wasted time that could be used to build peter's character on them
>>
>>93783214
This is exactly what Spider-Man does though. Hell, his main method of attack his jumping all over the place and mocking his enemies till they get so pissed off they give him an opening. Giving him all these new trick webs and an AI just makes Peter look like a dumbass.
>>
File: 1455314208459.gif (188KB, 225x180px) Image search: [Google]
1455314208459.gif
188KB, 225x180px
>>93783116
>Vulture was more like a proper Spider-Villain than any that has existed.
Did you not watch Spider-man 1 or 2?
>>
>>93783230
> That said maybe Blacks are over represented because I was kinda surprised that it just seemed to be Liz and Michelle
Blacks are, at best, 16% of the US' population. They are way over represented.

Gays are worse. Gay people are a 5% global minority.

>>93783263
It's the same issue with ASM's plot with peter's parents.

He should start out as an everyman.
>>
>>93783260
But that was Peters entire character arc, learning he doesnt need all this shit the Avengers have. Its reflected in when he wears his old suit, saves himself from under the rubble, and declines Tony's offer. Of course you were supposed to hate all the bells and whistles
>>
>>93783302
>but he keeps the bells and whistles anyways
really makes my brain process thoughts.
>>
>>93783170
Pete's not really a screw-up though, and the thing is you're supposed to like him. If you find him annoying that's actually bad. Hell his "annoying" calls to Happy are clearly supposed to be endearing.

Like very rarely is anything logically Peter's fault it's actually why people complain that he takes unneeded guilt in the comics.

Also
>Liz liked him before he became Spider-man
>Michelle likes him too

He's fairly popular in that regard.

And let's not forget in the comics
>Betty, Liz, Gwen, MJ
>>
>villain TOO sympathetic
The best villains are the protagonists of their own stories
>>
>>93783242
>There were no historical records of military interaction with the infected people.

Where does it say that in the paper you linked? Because that paper seems to be focused on Churchill's claims about the 1837 smallpox epidemic more than anything else.
>>
>>93783290
>He should start out as an everyman.
This. So much this.
>>
>>93783302
I agree, I really turned around on the film in the last third, Tony saying the line about the suit, Pete going into the final fight with nothing but the ratty outfit he had before, and him rejecting Tony's offer

Then they say fuck you and give him back the suit anyways
>>
>>93783000
You're right. Michelle didn't act like Gwen, but she had more in common with Gwen than she did with any version of MJ and I personally could've accepted that interpretation of the character.
>How is that bad?
Because I didn't want to see his downfall. Nothing wrong with a sympathetic villain, but it should never be to the point that you're rooting against the hero.
>>
>>93783328
>Liz liked him before he became Spider-man
>Michelle likes him too

Yes, and this isn't a good thing. It was handled alright in the Raimi films because there was a lot of set up for it, whereas it's not good here.

Peter becoming Spiderman should let him come out of his shell and be likable. They shouldn't already like him beforehand.

>>93783346
>The High Plains smallpox epidemic of 1837 has been analyzed by numerous historians. None of the previous histories have indicated any U.S. Army presence in the vicinity, much less any military involvement in genocide. None have mentioned a word about a boatload of blankets shipped from a military smallpox infirmary in St. Louis. None have mentioned any medical personnel as even being present in the vicinity, much less deliberately violating quarantine by sending infected Indians out among the healthy population.
>>
>>93778032
>Tony Revolori

Revolori Revolori
Give him the death he deservoloris
>>
>>93783328
You're not supposed to like him. You're supposed to laugh at him and how useless he is.
He's a goofy screw up comedy relief character, and Holland captured that perfectly.
>>
>>93783375
See >>93783188
>it can't be definitively proven that the US army gave smallpox blankets to natives in the 1830s, that doesn't mean that smallpox blankets are a myth
>>
>>93783328
>Pete's not really a screw-up though

>Never showed up to class on college
>An emotional mess
>Often adamant this he is /always/ in the right because of his moral highground
>Has to settle as a job in freelance since he can make his own time
>Got out of that stupid gig when he became a teacher
>Fucked that up
>Became a CEO
>Fucked that up.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>93783361
Im ok with it if Peter just takes out a good number of gadgets considering they were proven counterproductive. He can keep the spider tracers, web bombs, and glider, but everything else will probably be trashed.
>>
>>93783361
Man, imagine how cooler it would have been if he opened the bag and the classic costume was inside. No shitty black lines and no tech.
>>
>>93783290
Don't african americans make up about 25% of NYC though? They're not THAT over represented.
>>
>>93783290
>>93783357
Peter isn't an everyman, he's an underdog.
>>
>>93783403
But Churchill's paper is the only source of the small pox blanket myth.

Ergo if he's full of shit, it's full of shit.
>>
>>93783410
Peter is a cringe comedy character. He's made to annoy you and all the other characters so you are extra amused when shit blows up in his face.
>>
>>93783427
Don't forget spider signal, that shit is a classic.
>>
>>93783337
It wasn't Adrian's story, it was Peter's.
>>
>>93783450
He's both.
>>
>>93779984

It makes more sense to have Flash be a nerd bully rather than a jock bully in a tech magnet though.
>>
>>93783450
He's an annoying doofus.
>>93783328
>Hell his "annoying" calls to Happy are clearly supposed to be endearing.
No way. You're clearly meant to empathize with Happy and eagerly await the part where Peter gets his ass kicked.
>>
>>93783457
Well he certainly needs to ditch the Spider Drone, thats for sure. Unless he kind of makes it this weird pet hanging around his room or something. I suppose Karen could be put on a laptop. In any case most of the shit needs to go
>>
>>93783494
I think you're projecting a bit.
>>
>>93783491
>Rich parents
>implying he has to actually be smart to go to that school anyways
>>
>>93783516
Have you even read the comics? Spider-Man is your classic sitcom character. He's that character that annoys the others and the audience and then gets his comeuppance. Holland really sold me on that.
>>
>>93783166
Elaborate. I thought Peter's personality in the movie was a lot like how he's been depicted in the comics.
>>
>>93783454
Go read the letters between Bouquet and Amherst or the journal of William Trent then come back, kiddo.
>>
>>93783561
He's meant to be a down on his luck everyman. Just because you find him annoying and like when bad stuff happens to him doesn't mean that's the intention.
>>
File: 1450855099856.jpg (131KB, 1019x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450855099856.jpg
131KB, 1019x720px
>>93783561
>Have you even read the comics? Spider-Man is your classic sitcom character.
Have you? He gets shit on at every opportunity, and is just trying to make the best of it.
Parker luck is a staple of his character
>>
>>93783603
All the other characters find him annoying, it's obvious you're meant to side with them. Even his narration explains how little respect you should have for him.
>>
>>93783564
It's not at all though. Peter isn't some dorky fan boy who idolizes the other Avengers (except maybe Cap, but not to the extreme he shows for Iron Man). In fact, in his first interaction with them he kinda hated them as people (though he did want to join the team). Peter Parker is a character who's torn between a real life and a super hero life because he feels obligated to help people. So he juggles both of them and often times fails at doing so. Despite being a wisecracker and sort of a clown, he takes his work very seriously.
>>
>>93778032
the only good thing was the post credit scene were Cap basically told the audience to fuck off for waiting, pretty cool
>>
>>93783645
That's why people like the Parker Luck. He gets what's coming to him and he deserves it. It makes the stories amusing and keeps the reader coming back. The stories would be lost with out it.
>>
>>93783578
Which aren't historically verifiable. And I cannot stretch this enough, GERM THEORY WASN'T PROPOSED FIRST.
>>
>>93783704
No, people hate the Parker Luck. But as readers it keeps up reading because it's interesting. We don't know what exactly is going to happen. Will he save Gwen Stacy or will he inadvertently snap her neck? Will Peter make it to his date on time, or will he have to cancel because the Rhino is attacking? Peter's not a sitcome character, he's a soap opera character.
>>
File: 1414909630895.jpg (46KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1414909630895.jpg
46KB, 500x375px
>>93783655
>>93783704
>it's obvious you're meant to side with them.
If that were true then why would they ever show Peter having to sacrifice his public image in oder to come back as Spider-man and do what needs to be done? e.g flaking on a date to save people in a burning building

Do you honestly think we're supposed to be mad at him for doing the right thing?

How does he deserve any of what's happened to him?

The only time he did something to make people dislike him ended with his uncle getting shot and killed because of him and is a character defining moment.

Do you know who Spider-Man is?
>>
File: 851613.gif (4MB, 337x263px) Image search: [Google]
851613.gif
4MB, 337x263px
>Movie starts
>Have this big stupid smile on my face when the Spider-Man theme starts playing over the Marvel logo
>>
>>93783704
If he was actually a character that people love to hate then why is there such an uproar everytime he seems like he's getting replaced.

I think you're taking your own views and assuming they're everyone elses.
>>
It's an alright flick and a bad Spider-man movie. Still not as bad as skaterboy Pete though.
>>
>>93783742
>Which aren't historically verifiable

[citation needed]
>>
>>93783375
But Peter has been Spider-Man for a decent amount of time by the time the movie starts. He's not as dweeby and geeky because he's already started to come out of his shell.

Homecoming Peter is basically 616-college Peter put into high school. He's not the angry, maladjusted loner, he's the charming but flaky guy who can hang out at the coffee shop and bask in the "bitches love spider-man"
>>
>>93783878
He's Bendis's Miles.
>>
>>93783410
All of that was the fault of villains. Especially the company. Pete could have legit quit being a superhero and SpOck would still have tried to steal it all away.
>>
>>93783902
Who's basically Peter 2.0 anyway.
>>
Peter being afraid of heights seemed so unnecessary. It only came up in one small part of the movie, and never again after that.
>>
>>93783660
>Peter Parker is a character who's torn between a real life and a super hero life because he feels obligated to help people
I thought they adapted that very well in the movie.
>Despite being a wisecracker and sort of a clown, he takes his work very seriously.
Not necessarily. I can think of several times he blows off work to go be Spider-Man.

I thought they also did a good job with his sense of humor and his general optimism.
>>
>>93783704
>Deserves it

PETER HAS NEVER FUCKING DESERVED THE SHIT THAT HAPPENS TO HIM.
YOU RETARDED SHITBRAIN. FUCK YOU THINK IT'S FUCKING FAIR THAT LETTING SOME DUDE ROB $500 WAS REASON FOR UNCLE BEN TO DIE.
YOU THINK BEING TOO KIND TO KILL GG WAS FAIR REASON TO KILL GWEN.
YOU THINK IT'S FAIR THAT SHIELD FUCKING LETS TRY TO KILL MULTIPLE DICTATORS AND DOCTOR DOOM MULTIPLE TIMES HAS ANY HIGHGROUND TO SAY WOW MAN DON'T SAVE THAT COUNTRY FROM BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS!

FUCK YOU NIGGER IF THERE'S ONE THING SLOTT GOT RIGHT IN SUPERIOR IS THAT EVEN OCK REALIZES PETER IS SO GREAT BECAUSE LIFE SHITS ON HIM SO HARD WITHOUT IT BEING HIS FAULT AND HE STILL DOESN'T GO VILLAIN.
>>
>>93782440
sandwich store was destroyed partially because of him.
>>
>>93783976
None of that is the result of his villains. They're all a result of bad choices, like how Peter is a shit CEO.
>>
>>93784049
>I thought they adapted that very well in the movie.

They didn't though, they put too much focus on him wanting to be a hero. Not out of need, mind you, but because he wanted to be part of Tony Stark's secret club. Peter's life is a scale between Hero and real life that needs to be balanced out.

>Not necessarily. I can think of several times he blows off work to go be Spider-Man.

His work as a hero.
>>
File: hentai.gif (468KB, 325x204px) Image search: [Google]
hentai.gif
468KB, 325x204px
>>93778679
This. I just want a Batman movie where he can actually fucking emote. Is it really too much to ask for? Just go full digital and make the eyes move. No need to explain it. The audience will understand what's happening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6K1qNsE9v0
>>
>>93783704
>Peter deserved for his daughter to die.
Norman, go to bed.
>>
>>93783200
>being mad that you aren't white
>>
>>93778032
What the fuck? No.
>arms dealer who runs a gang and sells dangerous weapons to shady people and pretends to represent poor people when he lives in a fucking mansion.
I know you're easily swayed by "muh family" and a gang leader not being a completely uncaring dick to his subordinates, but it's not like he was Ventriloquist from Batman comics.
>>
>>93784145
Why would I ever want to be a lipless pale cracker? You're all so ugly.
>>
>>93783762
the Danny Elfman theme is better.
>>
>>93779612
I'm waiting for a Flash movie to be called plagiarism once Captain Cold becomes a thing in the DCEU.
Who am i kidding, they're going to butcher him.
>>
>>93784271
>>93784216
The new one is still good though
>>
>>93784248
>being white is the standard of beauty world wide
>other races do their hair, do their makeup, dress like, and have plastic surgery to look more white.
>>
File: 1489200142062.jpg (22KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489200142062.jpg
22KB, 480x600px
>>93784299
>other races do their hair, do their makeup, dress like, and have plastic surgery to look more white.
Gonna go out on a limb and guess that basement-dwelling neckbeards aren't the kind of white people they're trying to emulate.

Spend less time on /pol/ and more time on /fit/ if you want to preach white "beauty".
>>
>>93784064
Yeah, but he didn't even react badly enough to it. There wasn't anything emotional about it.
>>
>>93784356
Not him, but it is true, at least as far as Japan goes. Some of the most popular surgeries there are for jaw structure to be more Western and eyes to be more Western.
>>
File: 1495135647673.jpg (88KB, 651x627px) Image search: [Google]
1495135647673.jpg
88KB, 651x627px
>>93784299
>being white is the standard of beauty world wide
>>
>>93778032
Thanks for the blog post anon really great job great opinion here have an upvote you fuck
>>
>>93784433
You do realize this entire site revolves around giving opinions, right? Maybe Tumblr is more your speed.
>>
>>93784299
>>being white is the standard of beauty world wide
>>other races do their hair, do their makeup, dress like, and have plastic surgery to look more white.

Only black people do this and only in the United States, don't think you need a history lesson to understand the fucked up relationship between whites and blacks in the US.

Also, why do so many white people go nuts with tanning by your logic and use "pale" and "pasty" as a degrading term? As I think Bill Burr once said "turns out everyone wants to look vaguely Arab"
>>
>>93784393
Same with south korea
>>
>>93779612
That smile and nod to the sign that he gives when the cops show up? Hell, even gives a smirk after denying Scorp at the end.

He's totally chilled out.
>>
>>93780854
Happy was pretty fucking worthless come to think of it.
>>
Be honest with me /co/, how much of the comedy is just Dan Slott-tier "Peter's an awkward loser"? Does Peter ever get a chance to be clever and dish out some bants on someone?
>>
>>93785001
Lets see how he feels about Peter once his letters keep getting sent back
>>
>>93785600
>how much of the comedy is just Dan Slott-tier "Peter's an awkward loser"
Most of it. There's a bit right before he does some clever one liners at a group of thugs dressed up as the Avengers where's his awkwardly adjusting himself in the background for the best pose. The other times it's him awkwardly fumbling over his tech. There was one genuinely funny joke though, but it's delivered by Not-Ned.
> Does Peter ever get a chance to be clever and dish out some bants on someone?
We don't even get to see Peter use an old joke on Vulture.
>>
>>93785739
Bummer, guess I'll pass on this one. Thanks.
>>
>>93781929
>Doesn't answer the reply properly
>Y-you can't a-argue well... haha..ha..h-ha mmm...
>>
>>93779612
Did he really kill Shocker by mistake? I was tad confused about this. I felt like he was going to kill him anyways, just with the anti-gravity gun. Or at least beat the shit out of him. Was he going to keep him locked up? It was a pretty shitty scene. That's not the reaction of somebody who accidentally killed a man.
>>
>>93778032
>Peter shouldn't have close friends
Possibly the most retarded opinion I've seen yet.

>No Uncle Ben
Jesus Christ, why are people still on about this? It's not a fucking origin story. Peter already went through all that shit. Spider-man stories don't have to rely on Uncle Ben; it'd be fucking lazy if they did.

> Aunt May finds out Peter is Spider-Man as a joke, again her not knowing is the foundation for a lot of Peter's characters and motivations
First off, it's not simply a joke - it's a sequel tease. Secondly, it's a shit motivation. Not telling Aunt May has always been pants on head retarded. Peter's life is infinitely more complicated when he doesn't tell his close friends and family.

> The Vulture was too sympathetic
Why is this bad?

>The Parkers aren't poor
Does that really matter though?
>>
>>93783660
>Peter isn't some dorky fan boy who idolizes the other Avengers
One of the earliest Spider-man stories is him trying to join the Fantastic Four because he was such a huge fanboy. It's the exacdt same shit.

> So he juggles both of them and often times fails at doing so
You mean like he did in the movie?
>>
>>93786201
>>The Parkers aren't poor
>>Does that really matter though?

Just say you hate Spider-Man and go.
>>
>>93782836

>26
>acting like you've seen a thing or two in your short time on this earth
>while living in Manhattan

fucking young people
>>
>>93786221
He was trying to join the Fantastic Four because he thought they got paid.
>>
>>93786238
Why does it matter? It removes ONE of Peter's motivations for being Spider-man, and honestly it's the most boring one. The poor-spidey angle is a little more interesting when he's an adult, because he's out on his own and balancing a job, but high-school Spidey can have the same complications with school.
>>
>>93786122
Im fairly certain you're fucking retarded anon. He didnt want him to leave, and grabbed the wrong gun which killed him. Toomes justified in it his head considering A: His operation is safe and B: it was an accident no one would question
>>
>>93786221
>One of the earliest Spider-man stories
No, it's not /one/ of the earliest, it's /the/ earliest.
>is him trying to join the Fantastic Four because he was such a huge fanboy. It's the exacdt same shit.
Oh, so you don't read comics?
>You mean like he did in the movie?
I addressed this here: >>93784105
>>
>>93786270
It's not a motivation retard, it's a vital part to the story. Him coming from a poor family is the compelling force behind him getting a job since his elderly aunt can't get decent work. And things only get complicated when she ends up in the hospital and Peter has to pay for her medical bills so she doesn't die. But the problem is that would be too emotional for the tallentless hacks behind this movie to pull off.
>>
>>93786412
Why did you break that sentence up as if it was two thoughts?
>>
>>93786446
>it's not a motivation retard
>it's the compelling force behind him doing something

Hmmmmm...
>>
File: spider mad.png (633KB, 905x438px) Image search: [Google]
spider mad.png
633KB, 905x438px
Look at this panel. He looks like he's really desperate to impress his idols!
>>
>>93786446
There are plenty of other problems the Parker family can have that aren't money related. Do we really need more "oh no, Aunt May is sick!" stories?

Jesus, do people not want anything new from these characters?
>>
>>93786462
Because they were both two stupid points made.
>>
>>93786502
Apparently being Spider-Man is the same thing getting a job.
>>
ITT: People act like Spider-man comics stopped coming out 40 years ago
>>
>>93786522
It's literally /never/ been done in a movie you fucking retard.
>>
>>93786552
Are you saying that Peter never did anything as Spider-man for money?
>>
>>93786522
we didn't get an Aunt May is sick story in any of the previous movies, anon.
>>
>>93786561
>Counting Mephistoverse.
>At all.
Bet you love eating shit, huh?
>>
>>93779575
To be fair, the first people on the scene were part of the department of damage control
>>
>>93786573
Do you have any reading comprehension skills?
>>
>>93786566
Where did I say it's been done in a movie? It's still been done a shit ton of times, and it's not something that has to happen for a Spidey story to exist. Going with a May that isn't geriatric is actually an interesting change.

Plus, it's not like they can't still have Aunt May get hurt or end up in trouble or anything. You're acting like Aunt May getting sick of old age is the most important part of Spider-man's canon.
>>
>>93786580
>40 years ago
>Mephistoverse
There's a 30 year gap you seem to be forgetting.
>>
>>93786293
Well excuse me, faggot. It was a simple question. What was Toomes going to do with him if not kill him? How more "casual" of a killing can it be if he just says "Whoops wrong gun." He clearly did not give a fuck and showed zero remorse. Was he going to beat the shit out of him and force him to continue to be the Shocker or what?
>>
>>93786611
It's a defining moment in the characters history so yes, it is kinda important. Speaking of defining moments, I'm still pissed they wasted the If This Be My Destiny scene on a fucking Tony Stark quote.
>>
>>93780177
Pulling something out of my ass I would assume he might have gone back to to drawing board for at least the Google's after uncle Tony showed up. He didn't get to have the suit till the movie and that was after CW so there's a small window
>>
>>93786667
Because Uncle Tony is NEW AND EXCITING, and If this Be My Destiny is OLD so it should be changed apparently. Also Tony is the one putting asses in seats. It sure as shit ain't Holland.
>>
>>93786667
To be fair, the kid they chose for Spider-Man is young, and Disney and Marvel are huge corporate whores, if it's up to them they will make fucking 11 of these movies

There is time for old aunt may, seeing as her actress is actually old, she just is a hot old bitch, but time will catch up to her sooner than later
>>
>>93786628
Spider-Man isn't 70 years old. Mephistoverse started ten years ago as of this year. So yes, counting anything past the 40 year mark would be Mephistoverse territory.
>>
File: 3c23ae8cae98629c37b3865ab07e70ba.jpg (565KB, 1200x1866px) Image search: [Google]
3c23ae8cae98629c37b3865ab07e70ba.jpg
565KB, 1200x1866px
>>93786698
>There is time for old aunt may, seeing as her actress is actually old, she just is a hot old bitch, but time will catch up to her sooner than later

But here's the thing, by then Peter will be older. The defining moment comes from the stress of Peter having school, being a super hero, being bullied, and taking care of his Aunt. And if the actress gets super old then kill Aunt May off in the same way they did in Clone Saga. You know, the emotional reveal where she says that she always knew he was Spider-Man and she kept bad mouthing Spider-Man in front of Peter just to get him to quit? Don't waste her finding out on a fucking gag at the end.
>>
>>93779789
I take it you haven't been to NYC or any city for that matter, huh?
>>
The biggest crime committed by Homecoming is not including this song.
This should be the official Spider-Man theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvWVYfo0zd8
>>
>>93786790
Read it in Rosemary Harris' voice.
>>
>>93786522
>There are plenty of other problems the Parker family can have that aren't money related.
And the movie doesn't have any. Homecoming took away a bunch of shit that was important to these characters and didn't replace them with anything resulting in a Spider-Man movie that feels nothing like it has nothing to do with Spider-Man.
>>
>>93786561
The movie is about high school Pete.
>>
>>93786790
Peter Parker's flawlessly kind and gentle grannie-aunt and canonized Saint Uncle Ben won't be missed.
>>
File: Pleasantville.jpg (765KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pleasantville.jpg
765KB, 1920x1080px
>>93786875
Yes. It's about Peter Parker going to High School in modern NY, it's not intended to be a period piece.
>>
>>93778032
>>The Vulture was too sympathetic
How is this a con?
>>
File: spider-man-amazing-391-tirade.jpg (150KB, 780x555px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-amazing-391-tirade.jpg
150KB, 780x555px
>>93786882
Oh go fuck yourself MCUfag.
>>
File: IMG_1304.jpg (152KB, 1375x1182px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1304.jpg
152KB, 1375x1182px
I thought it was good but it's probably the least stand alone spiderman film in existence being tied with the mcu and everything I didn't really care about flash but got aunt may was nice they should've at least name dropped uncle Ben I know it's been done to death but he's a huge part of the character but vulture was a good villain he at least had good motivation for what he did and his actions scenes with spider were great
>>
>>93786913
Nigger, I was reading Spider-Man comics when you were soiling your diapers.
>>
File: jHQnl7S.jpg (155KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
jHQnl7S.jpg
155KB, 600x884px
>>93786667
All the emotional weight of this scene was thrown away.
It's not like when they did Spider-Man No More in Spider-Man 2, that was perfect.
>>
>>93786932
Yeah, I'm sure you were.
>>
>>93786957
>Spider-Man talks himself into near-unconsciousness

It was fine in the movie.
>>
File: IMG_1299.jpg (97KB, 640x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1299.jpg
97KB, 640x789px
>>93786917
>>
>liking Spider-Man
hahahahahahaha. Shit movie for a shit character. The first stinker of the MCU and you all wanna defend it. Don't worry though.Thor Ragnarok will get the the MCU back on track after this blunder.
>>
>>93786713
Learn to read. 40 years ago was 1977
>>
>>93786875
And most of the high school Peter comics were published between 2000 and 2011.
>>
>>93786999
You learn to read.
>People act like Spider-man comics stopped coming out 40 years ago
That means Spider-Man comics would stop coming out in 2002.
>>
>>93786977
>he nearly knocks himself out because he doesn't know how to shut up
pretty pathetic.
>>
>>93778032
I also had issue with Peter mostly being this largely irresponsible asshole for a good two thirds of the movie, Like the entirety of people in danger during the movie/damage to property was all on Pete being largely self absorbed/ wanting to be an Avenger.

Like this Spiderman is a JJJ wet dream.
>>
>>93786998
>the first stinker of the MCU

Holy shit, what kind of shitposter are you? I guess you're just blatantly anti-Sony and pro-MCU? Because anything else makes no sense.

Like, fine ... you don't like Spider-man. That's a perfectly fair opinion. But you're going to call this widely-acclaimed movie the first stinker when movies like Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 exist?

If you're trolling, good job - you perplexed the shit out of me.
>>
>>93786977
He was thinking about Tony fucking Stark, and the scene was rushed, it didn't seem like that much of a struggle.
>>
Is it just me or was peters spider sense non existent in the movie?
>>
>>93787032
I thought it was on Happy repeatedly hanging up on him when he spent 2/3rds of the film trying to simply report the crimes to Tony Stark.
>>
>>93787013
>40 years ago
>2002
Anon, please for the love of god go to the doctor. Something is wrong with you.

The post - both my original one AND your quoted version says:

>People act like Spider-man comics stopped coming out 40 years ago
>stopped coming out 40 years ago
>40 years ago

>40
>years
>ago

It's 2017.

>2017
>minus 40
>equals 1977
>>
>>93786998
>The first stinker of the MCU
>>
>>93787052
Jon Watts (the director) said he didn't like Spider Sense so it wasn't gonna be in the movie.
>>
>>93786980
Can someone explain the origin of this Raimi meme
>>
>>93787038
>it's shitposting if I don't like it.
The movie is still a dud.
>>93787070
The first, and it won't be the last if they continue making sequels for it.
>>
>>93787091
I can't think of a single scene that would have been improved by "Spider-Sense".
Certainly not the excellent part where he goes to Liz's house and meets her Dad.
>>
File: a11-wingdoozy.jpg (55KB, 600x187px) Image search: [Google]
a11-wingdoozy.jpg
55KB, 600x187px
>>93787054
It was on Peter for not acting instead of waiting for his top to tell him what to do. If this was comic Peter he wouldn't even take a second to think about reporting back to Stark and just take action outright. If this was comic Peter he would handled the situations better, not worried about the other Avengers, then would probably tell Tony to stick it once he started to bitch.
>>
>>93787113
It has nothing to do with me disagreeing with you.

It has everything to do with you acting like this is the first stinker in nearly 20 movies. The fact that it's been met with great reviews and word of mouth, combined with the fact that this is the first movie that is made by another company ... well that's just icing on the cake.
>>
Hold up. Michelle acted NOTHING like Gwen Stacy. Wtf?
>>
>>93787199
I think he means Ultimate Gwen Stacy.
>>
File: Bat Deduction.jpg (35KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
Bat Deduction.jpg
35KB, 700x350px
>>93787135
That's grown-man Peter (who's already an Avenger) not putting up with shit.

This was 15-yr old "I wanna be an Avenger" Peter Parker.

>>93787091
Many abilities from the old comics get lost in modern translations, like Batman's powers of deduction or Superman's ability to feel compassion towards humanity.
>>
File: IMG_1293.jpg (379KB, 2048x1300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1293.jpg
379KB, 2048x1300px
>>93787096
I don't know what you're talking about anon
>>
>>93787175
Every MCU entry has been alright at worst. They were all handled by competent directors and writers. Spider-Man and his 7 writers with a no-name director is just coasting by on the MCU brand alone. It's a shame.
>>
>>93787125
But that's the thing a lot of plot important scenes would not have happened if he had spider sense he's even worse than newspapers spider man
>>
>>93787222
That picture is 15 year old not-an-Avenger-for-many-years-yet Peter though.
>>
>>93787259
>Every MCU entry has been alright at worst.
Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 were utter abortions
>>
>>93787259
>Spider-Man and his 7 writers with a no-name director
Ohhhhhh so you just don't know how anything works and you're memeing your way through this. Got it.
>>
>>93787298
>That picture is 15 year old
Bullshit
>>
File: Albus_Dumbledore.jpg (24KB, 411x464px) Image search: [Google]
Albus_Dumbledore.jpg
24KB, 411x464px
>>93787278
Name three.
>>
>>93787305
Homecoming is an abortion. Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 were good movies that took the characters in new directions and new dynamics. Homecoming is absolutely garbage and has soiled the MCU by existing.
>>
>>93787135
>We have IRON MAN to think of!
Holy fuck, wat? Did Tony use to give the Avengers a whuppin back in the day if they made too much noise playing in the other room whilst he was trying to fall asleep watching the Yanks game with a bottle of jack cradled to his side?
>>
>>93787327
Yep, still in highschool. Peter was never the dorky fan boy this movie would have you believe.
>>
>>93787326
You know what I mean. Spider-Man was designed by Sony's useless committee to be bland as fuck. It especially shows when you compare it to the any of the movies in the MCU because the others are actually GOOD.
>>
>>93787353
Thor 2 was a light fantasy romcom and Iron Man 3 was a Disney Channel Original movie with a higher budget and some deaths
>>
File: NSiToS.jpg (62KB, 604x448px) Image search: [Google]
NSiToS.jpg
62KB, 604x448px
>>93787353
>>
>>93787353
> and has soiled the MCU by existing
Sorry buddy, but you overplayed your hand here. Even the most unironic MCU shills wouldn't be this stupid. Enjoy your final (you).

Such a shame, you started out so promising...
>>
>>93787096
I all started with the "That's a cute outfit did your husband give it to you?" Line.
>>
>>93787327
That picture is from Avengers #11, dude. Peter was still a fifteen year old high school student.
>>
>>93787400
Your description of Iron Man 3 sounds an awful lot like Spider-Man Homecoming. Which leads me to believe you haven't even watched Iron Man 3.
>>93787402
>old memes
Go away, Pascal.
>>93787406
Here's one for (you) too. You deserve it for shilling Sony's Shitter-Man movie.
>>
>>93787389
He was a college student with a job and a fucking motorcycle license. Peter started going to Empire State in 1965.
>>
>>93787465
>Your description of Iron Man 3 sounds an awful lot like Spider-Man Homecoming. Which leads me to believe you haven't even watched Iron Man 3.
Au contraire, I have seen Iron Man 3 about a hundred times easily. I haven't seen Spider-Man Homecoming, notice I haven't said a word about that movie being good, I'm just not pretending other ones aren't bad. Iron Man 3 was shit.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_myu0laPlsv1qlrx1d.png (237KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_myu0laPlsv1qlrx1d.png
237KB, 500x370px
>>93787491
And that comic came out in 1964
>>
>>93787491
Also, he never had a license for the thing.
>>
>>93787514
So he goes from being a sophmore in HS to attending college in the space of one year of comics?
>>
>>93787544
He was never a sophmore, started as a senior. Which is why having a trilogy set in highschool is bullshit.
>>
>>93787556
Yeah but that's sliding timescale revisionism, not how it actually went down.
>>
File: Ln3bk3h.jpg (38KB, 400x310px) Image search: [Google]
Ln3bk3h.jpg
38KB, 400x310px
>>93787603
No that's how it actually went down. Can you just come out and say that you don't read comics?
>>
>>93787639
Peter Parker was in HS for enough years to have graduated normally, but the Sliding Timescale instituted decades after those comics had him in HS for a year, tops.
Do you seriously not know this?
>>
>>93787639
You seem to be the one lacking in comprehension.
>>
>>93787556
>Which is why having a trilogy set in highschool is bullshit
You know comics can make changes, right?
>>
>>93787661
Dickhead. Sliding timescale doesn't have an effect on the timeline until after Franklin Richards is born. The moments in 616 leading up to that are unaffected.
>>
>>93787497
>I have seen Iron Man 3 about a hundred times easily.
130min runtime x 100 / 60 / 24 = 9 days of total trash.
>>
>>93787497
>seen a movie you think is shit a hundred times
IM3 is 2h10m long.

>13,000 minutes
>216 hours
>9 days

Anon, you've spent 9 days of your life watching a movie you hate. Whether the other guy is a troll is irrelevant: you're the faggot here.
>>
>>93787713
>The moments in 616 leading up to that are unaffected.
If that was the case, Spider-Man graduates after a regular term in HS. It's only the Sliding Timescale that forces him to have entered and graduated HS at 15.
This was not the case in the '60's comics.
I know you've read them digitally and you think this makes you an expert on Marvel in the 1960's, but you are simply incorrect.
>>
I read about the "I larb you" scene on /tv/ and I imagined that Marisa ToMay pronounced "love" like that because she had Peter's dick in her mouth, but I saw the movie and Aunt May at no point sucked Peter's dick.

Ruined the entire thing for me.
>>
>>93787744
For the love of shit. Spider-Man was in highschool for a year before graduating. During that year he got his powers and graduated. Sliding timecale does not effect this period because of Sue's pregnancy you dense mother fucker.
>>
>Toomes sells alien tech for nearly a decade
>Stark doesn't notice it happening at all

You're go tell me that he was that busy during those 8 years outside of Iron Man 3, Avengers 2, and Civil War? How do you just let this shit shit go down for 8 years and do nothing but send the FBI (who promptly get their shit pushed in)?

If Stark gave a fuck he could have solved the problem in 20 minutes.
>>
>>93787765
>He didn't stick around for 3rd credits scene

Honestly, when the fuck will you plebs learn?
>>
>>93787782
>If Stark gave a fuck
There's your problem right there.
>>
>>93787715
>>93787725
It doesn't matter, don't leave my house for weeks at a time. Putting a movie on over and over again while I browse the internet is nothing
>>
>>93787790
Actually it was Spiderman: Homecoming's problem.
>>
>>93787799
Jesus Christ, sometimes I forget that this is 4chan and stereotypes are real.
>>
Uncle Ben never crosses Peter's mind once in this movie, and he's supposed to be responsible for this man's death, his surrogate father. During every heroic scene Peter's thinking of Iron Man. Not even Aunt May, but fucking Iron Man.

As a result it completely fails as a Spider-Man movie.
>>
>>93787841
They ruined the If This Be My Destiny scene. How the hell do you manage to fuck something like that up?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 212x237px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 212x237px
>>93786980
>I fried so many slopes they named a brand of rice after me
Holy kek
>>
>>93787773
Peter was 15 in Amazing Fantasy #15 (1962), where he's in HS.
He does not graduate HS until Amazing Spider-Man #29, published late 1965.
>>
>>93787815
Sometimes. Believe it or not, I'm not a virgin and I'm only marginally overweight.
>>
>>93787856
>How the hell do you manage to fuck something like that up?
By not caring. Sam Raimi is an actual director and an actual fan of the character, not some random generic director for hire.
He turned Peter into an eternal cuck and fast forwarded the Mary Jane romance, but that was his interpretation and he committed to it, Raimi only slipped up because of executive meddling.
The first Spider-Man is great. Spider-Man 2 is even better. If the hire ups at Sony backed off Spider-Man 3 might've been a masterpiece.
>>
>>93787952
It kinda sucked they were setting up Gwen Stacy as the love interest in 4 if Dunst quit. They could have at least picked a better girl.
>>
>>93782387
Peter was only a loser because he ignored everyone in high school when they tried to invite him places or be nice to him. which I thought this movie showed with him constantly not going or disapearing when people invited him places
>>
>>93780882
As much as I love ASM's Flash, he was beating on some random kid in his first scene. Then Peter tries to stop him so he hits Pete and breaks his camera.

But I don't give a fuck if that's "out of character" because everything that happens with Flash after that is great
>>
>>93781997
>>93781902
I'd be glad. GG is so fucking played out in the movies. I don't want to see another faggot on a glider for a while.

Give me Craven
>>
>>93780054
In Civil War his computer was basically an antique and they weren't flaunting cash in this movie so they don't have any excess cash
>>
>>93786251
>26
>young
Old man
>>
Why does every villain in every fucking Spider-Man movie HAVE to find out his identity?
>>
File: 936[1].jpg (33KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
936[1].jpg
33KB, 625x626px
>Flash Thompson - Tony Revolori was the most accurate Flash by far. Flash Thompson was never a physical bully that beat people up and dunked nerds in toilets, he was just a popular asshole that mocked Peter endlessly.
>>
>>93780054
Why?
The only "I need to make extra money" crap was because Aunt May was a walking corpse who needed medicine. It was never implied that they were particularly poor.
>>
>>93788620
He's an idiot that doesn't hide it that well. Almost all the villains are a part of his personal life. Not that hard to put the pieces together
>>
>>93780064
A bitch that got the role of a lifetime in a major film. Whats your excuse?
>>
>>93788572
His phone was like an iphone 3 too
>>
>>93781071
>Too much world building in an already established world
>Too much Parker character building even though they are already established
MCU made it clear they avoid as much as possible in needing to watch previous movies. Everything early on is meant to explain who Tony Stark is, on the off chance that someone had never heard of him or watched Civil War. This is just company policy.
>>
>>93783286
It's hard to argue against Dafoe and Molina's performances as Osborn and Octavius, respectively.

J.K. Simmons will always be the best cast character from any form of Spider-man media

Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 80281940841241.jpg (14KB, 220x285px) Image search: [Google]
80281940841241.jpg
14KB, 220x285px
>it was a bad adaptation so it was a bad movie
>>
>>93787051

I guess you didn't hear him desperately screaming and crying for help until he realized that the only person that was going to get him out of that situation was himself.
>>
>everyone in this thread whining about "forced diversity"
>the movie takes place in queens, the most DIVERSE borough in new york

i fucking live in new york, and i'm not here to argue with you /pol/tards
>>
How did they manage to get gwyneth back? Will they be getting portman back for Thor too?
>>
>>93778032
>everybody isn't white
what kind of bait argument is this?
>>
After reading this thread, I decided that I will skip this movie. It sounds cancerous as fuck
>>
>>93791625
Then why OP mentions diversity?
>>
>>93788620
Rhino and Electro never found out.
>>
Did anyone get a feeling like there were more than a few decisions made on the cutting room floor.

Personally liked the film, cinematic movement (fuck shaky cam), and general actor performance.
Feel like some plot and motivation was a bit muddled. Suit was to big a deal and should have been more about peter acting like its almost a game along with his friend.
Some jokes were forced "it's porn".

Im looking foward to seeing deleted scenes.
>>
>>93786657

use the anti gravity gun to suspend him in the air to keep him prisoner? What else would he do? Send him into space with it?
>>
You think some of the weapons Toomes sold will end up in the hands of thugs on Daredevil/the defenders? At a certain point it becomes laughable to pretend these things are happening in the same universe.
>>
>>93779577

Friday/Karen was a qtp2t and I wanna marry her so we can have long conversations together!
>>
i'm not the only one that saw the huge chested indian girl at the start right?
>>
>>93785633

In his defense, he might not make or take them. He's the one who told his wife and kid to gtfo dodge so they wouldn't be there for the trial.

I love that he was still willing to be a bro to Peter though.

>"Now get in there and show my daughter a good time."

Best bad dad
>>
>>93794739
I didn't :(
>>
>>93790470
I literally in the OP post say "good movie, weak adaptation". Learn how to read, dumb shit.
>>
>When Tomei was first cast as the aunt-by-marriage of Tom Holland’s Peter Parker, some fans were shocked and skeptical about her casting. Tomei is a beautiful, vivacious woman who looks ten years younger than her actual age of 52, so a far-cry from the comic book image of the elderly May Parker.

>Then came Captain America: Civil War and the introduction of Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “It’s hard to believe she’s anyone’s aunt,” Tony Stark says to Peter upon first meeting, and later, when asking if anyone knows about his secret Spider-Man identity: “not even your unusually attractive aunt?” The novelty of seeing Robert Downey Jr. and Tomei together again onscreen quickly wore off when it became clear that after making a jokey reference about the backlash over Aunt May’s age, Sony was actually going to double-down on her character as the “hot aunt” in every MCU appearance.

>Unfortunately, the “hot aunt” joke only increased in scope for Spider-Man: Homecoming, as director and co-writer Jon Watts played up the fact that Ben Parker’s widow is a beautiful woman fancied by men around Queens. When May and Peter go out for Thai food, after a failed cooking attempt no less, the young waiter brings over a rice pudding for her. “We didn’t order that,” she says to which the waiter replies with a flirty smile, “It’s on the house.”

> In earlier scenes, Tony Stark (confirmed to still be dating Pepper Potts ) makes yet another “hot Aunt May” joke while dropping Peter off in Queens. Meanwhile, the Deli store owner makes a similar crack while the young Spidey is grabbing a sandwich. Even Peter’s best mate Ned (Jacob Batalon) is suggested to be crushing on May and can barely get a sentence out in her presence.

1/?
>>
>>93795115
>It’s all the more unfortunate when it was revealed that Tomei actually had a powerful deleted scene in the original cut of the film – one that would have painted May as a hero in her own right (not just as a parent to Peter and a hot women to the rest of the men in the film).

>Spider-Man: Homecoming co-producer Eric Houseman Carroll had said that in casting Aunt May they thought “wouldn’t she be more of a big sister and closer to his age than in the classic comic?”

>On the surface, there is definitely a case to be made for a more natural approach to the character – and Marisa’s performance is endearing, funny, and shows she clearly has great familial chemistry with Tom. There is also this “I don’t know how to raise a kid” element to her personality that certainly endears the audience to May, because she doesn’t have everything figured out.

>However, all this focus on how good looking she is and making her more of an older sister, distracts from the real purpose of Aunt May – to be a mother figure in Peter’s life that loves him for who he is out of the suit and someone he can turn to for sage advice. In both Raimi and Webb’s Spider-Man films, May has been the voice of reason and support for her nephew who she guided from a boy to a super man (at times without even knowing his crime-fighting life), but in Spider-Man: Homecoming, Peter is getting his big and meaningful life lessons from Tony Stark while his aunt is reduced to dropping him off at parties and aiding in date preparation (YouTubing a Windsor knot video).

>Clearly Marvel is trying to position Stark as a parental figure for Peter in lieu of an Uncle Ben, and allow Tony to iron out (forgive the pun) his own daddy issues by comparing his fatherly treatment of the young superhero to his own experience under Howard Stark. Yet, by giving Stark these pivotal parental moments in the storyline the story steals those moments away from Aunt May.

2/2
>>
>>93778032

Donald Glover is a fine actor in my opinion but trying to play the possibly high all day thug wasn't doing him any favors.
>>
>>93779577
>Some of the plot revolved around not needing all the overbearing and ridiculous gadgets that get him into more trouble anyway

did it? I mean, he used a tracking device earlier in the movie, which got him into trouble in Washington, and then he used his phone as a tracker later which allowed him to save the day.

What exactly was the lesson supposed to be? He gets berated for getting involved because he failed to capture the bad guys, but then gets rewarded at the end for doing the same thing but succeeding. Seems like kind of a moral luck argument.
>>
>people are worshiping Asgardians in the MCUverse now
>>
>>93795616
>MCUverse

Marvel Cinematic Universeverse
Thread posts: 509
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.