[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Continuity in Cartoons, Your Stance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1496793421461 (1).png (886KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496793421461 (1).png
886KB, 1920x1080px
For several cartoons, there's almost no continuity. One episode could have a character turned into a sack of baloniga, only to be fine the next episode as if it never happened. For other shows, continuity plays an important part. It can range from call backs, permanent changes, and sequel episodes, to myth arcs lasting the entire series, to long sprawling stories spanning several episodes. With that being said, what is your stance on continuity in cartoons?

If a cartoon is say, 3-4 season long zany gag comedy, then you can get away with little or no continuity. But, if your planning a myth arc of sorts, if you plan to revisit plot points, or if your planning for more 4 seasons. Then it's important to have continuity in some way. Lack of continuity can lead to a series growing stale from the lack of evolution, as well an increase risk at flanderization. Continuity can keep the show fresh, and allows the dynamics or a formula for a show to change and evolve.
>>
STEVEN UNIVERSE SUCKS IT'S NOTHING BUT LIBERAL PROPAGANDA
>>
>>93777326
go back to >>>/pol/
>>
continuity is important to my autism
>>
>>93777005
Loreshit cartoons need to die.
>>
>>93777005
Is the show comedic or SoL with no real planned end? Continuity isn't important.

Does the show have a larger over arching plot? Continuity is important.

It's that simple
>>
>>93777005
i like continuity, but the problem is that the series itself has to really be interesting for it to actually work. Slice of life or day-to-day shows are great too, because you can just click on any episode.

Even though I love continuity, I don't know if I want anymore of it on televised broadcast. Executives don't like serialized cartoons because they can't air them out of order effectively, so the show ends up having to be both slice of life and continuous, which frustrates people who like one or the other. Eventually, this can lead to the show becoming inconsistent and even a drop in quality over time. I believe now that we have viable streaming services to watch stuff on, continuity has a better chance there. There is no airing schedule because there is no schedule or airing whatsoever.
>>
>>93779826
It has been interesting to watch the streaming format make things evolve.
A lot of Dreamworks' shows just as a matter of fact start having more continuity elements as they go on.
>>
Who doesn't want the writers of the show to have watched the show itself?
>>
File: 3BjnM64.jpg (151KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
3BjnM64.jpg
151KB, 640x960px
>to all those in this thread saying that comedy shows can't have continuity
>>
>>93777005
the invader zim bologna thing was a joke
they even brought it up in another episode
>>
Family Guy is very hit-or-miss with its continuity.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.