[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overall, did they have more good cartoons or more bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: NCdicEntertainment.jpg (129KB, 728x450px) Image search: [Google]
NCdicEntertainment.jpg
129KB, 728x450px
Overall, did they have more good cartoons or more bad?
>>
File: char_11966.jpg (20KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
char_11966.jpg
20KB, 210x240px
hard to tell, nobody remembers them
>>
>>93774447

Bad by an enormously wide margin. They were doing good stuff in the early through mid 80s, but as early as 1988, they were already shitting the bed bigtime.

And their output throughout the 90s was a nonstop trainwreck. Disney bought them and then decided "You know what? We've changed our mind" and let them go. They got bought and rejected by Disney because they were so worthless.
>>
>>93774447
>killed sonic satam just to make sonic underground for no reason
>>
>>93775044
Didn't Underground come out six years later?
>>
>>93775044
Both were shit
>>
Gadget and Ghostbusters were the only good ones they made. Everything else was pure garbage with cheesy humor and unreliable jokes.
>>
>>93775098
It did, but by that point DiC had well passed the turning point they have been going down the previous few years.

What show would you guys argue was the first where DiC would prove that they were utter shit?
>>
>>93774447
I KNOW WHO'S SUCKING THE DiC
>>
>>93775152
>What show would you guys argue was the first where DiC would prove that they were utter shit?

Real Ghostbusters. Mostly because it starts out so well and then BAM it just hits a wall of shit HARD and never recovers. Trying to watch the series gives you a good barometer as to when DiC instantaneously fell apart.
>>
>>93775152
Post-Q5 interference Real Ghostbusters with Dave Cucklier in terms of writing.

Captain N season 3 in terms of animation.
>>
>>93774978
Fun fact: they still exist in Germany and they air for free
They are so weak you can't even measure thier ratings but they still exist and air for free
This caused the bizarre situation where the Donkey Kong CGI show from the 90's airs on a free channel while you need to pay cash to see TTG
And if you want to be somewhat relevant in Germany, you better get your shit on free tv because pay tv only exists for Bundesliga and Polish TV
>>
File: 1356243134592.png (194KB, 565x449px) Image search: [Google]
1356243134592.png
194KB, 565x449px
>>93775598
>polish tv

zabawne
>>
>>93774447
Their bad outshines their good, due memes.

But as for me I enjoyed most of their stuff: Real Ghostbusters, Mario Super Show, Inspector Gadget, Heathcliff, Alvin & The Chipmunks and the like.
>>
bad
>>
>>93774447
they had good cartoons?
>>
gadget and real GBs and the early anime dubs like mysterious cities and ulysses are good

80s output like heathcliff is comfy

the nintendo cartoons are the beginning of the end but are fun cheese

everything after that --the 90s -- is garbage (except Bump in the Night)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.