[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-kiddie, non-sitcomie animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: persepolis-images_1461619941.jpg (127KB, 2362x1278px) Image search: [Google]
persepolis-images_1461619941.jpg
127KB, 2362x1278px
I'm looking for interesting non-disney, non-anime lesser known animated works. Can be series as well, but not anything for kids or the typical sitcom comedy adult shows. Here are some examples of things I've seen:
Aeon Flux
American Pop
Boy and the World
Fantastic Planet
Feherlofia
Heavy Metal
It's Such a Beautiful Day
Persepolis
Secret of Kells
The Maxx
Tragedy of Man
Waltz with Bashir
Yellow Submarine
>>
>>93771536
>American Pop
If you're interested in more Bakshi, there's Wizards, and Coonskin.
>>
>>93771536
Is this that one about The Arab Springs?
>>
Waking life
Excellent movie
>>
>>93771536
I never finished Boy and the World, but it seemed pretty kid friendly.
>>
Kirikoku and the witch
Chico and rita
Anomalisa
Tea blood and the red string
Bals with bachir
>>
>>93771536
If you've seen Feherlófia, check out Az Ember Tragédiája, made by the same guy adapting a play by Madách Imre. It's god-tier animation, but there's no English dub or sub that I know of, and the full version was removed from YouTube

https://youtu.be/xWJVFjG6sIA

Also by Jankovics
Sisyphus https://youtu.be/tYBlAon683s
>>
>>93771592
>Persepolis
>Iran
>Arab

I think /his/ needs to have a conversation with you anon...
>>
>>93771637
If it's a film then it's fine if it's kid-friendly but just can't be a well-known thing like Disney, Pixar or in generally any popular american animated movie.
>>93771564
Seen actually all of Bakshi's movies, just remembered American Pop because it was the one I liked the most.
>>
>>93771666
Whoops, just saw that you've seen it, did it get an English sub yet? I'd like to show people who aren't Hungarian the film
>>
>>93771536
Aeon Flux is made by Japs and wirtten by Americans. If that's your standard, then you should also count Alexander Senki, made by the same studio under the same style.
>>
>>93771666
I actually mentioned it in the OP, but under its english name "Tragedy of Man". I love the movie, in fact it and Feherlofia are my two favorite non-japanese animated movies of all time.
>>
>>93771722
I had no idea it was produced in Japan. Why isn't on MAL and Alexander Senki is?

Just to be clear, it's not that I don't want japanese stuff because I don't like it, it's just I've seen a ton of it anyways and know where to find more if I want.
>>93771657
Thanks, haven't seen Chico and Rita and Tea Blood
>>93771604
Haven't seen Excellent movie
>>
>>93771677
it's always hilarious when iranians insist they're not arabs when the rest of the world doesn't care.

they're muslim. they're brown. they have big hook noses. for all intents and purposes they're fucking arabs.
>b-but we persians!
no
just accept your lot in life, you expect me to memorize every retarded subethnicity in eastern europe? no. i'm not gonna bother to do the same for you
>>
>>93771910
Anon, not him but it would be also easier to just remember. I've literally never seen anyone make this mistake before.

It'll be less effort for the one people that is you to remember than for millions of people to suddenly stop caring.
>>
>>93771832
Because weebs are arbitrary about what is anime and isn't

"korean and chinese animation looks eastern enough, therefore, it's anime"

"an actual japanese animation written by westerners? hell no."

Example 2: The Animatrix.
>>
>>93771677
>question if a comic was about a specific event with a specific name

>list of words
>you're fucking stupid for using the wrong words anon

so Is this comic about the Arab Springs or a different event?
>>
>>93771952
nothing you said made any sense, ahmed.
>>
MTV's Downtown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7L0kgS19PM&list=PL093B709E94C14E00
>>
>>93772073
The Animatrix is on MAL. I Think MAL just bases it on where it was produced and released.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.