[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 3

File: MLF.jpg (164KB, 488x714px) Image search: [Google]
MLF.jpg
164KB, 488x714px
How come most of the comics in the "Best Of" lists more often than not feature horror/supernatural-related stories? Ask a random person in the boards to give you a list of the classics, and you'll get Sandman, Lucifer, Swamp Thing and all that. Or even cosmic stuff that deal with gods like Simonson's Thor or Fourth World. The more you getinto the indie territory, the more you find SPN related stuff. Why is that?

Sure, you can find classic sci-fi runs like the Metabarons, or some "essential capes", but you rarely hear people say "oh yeah, Green Lantern Mosaic is definitely the cream of the crop" or something along these lines.

Do these type of books have anything that allow for better storytelling?
>>
File: jasonheadpunch.jpg (83KB, 620x578px) Image search: [Google]
jasonheadpunch.jpg
83KB, 620x578px
Because this a simple visual medium.

All ya need is a good writer and a good artist.
You don't have to worry about a costume design or cgi design seemlessly matching anything, cause it's all just drawing.
Incredible over-the-top moments that would be impossible to pull off well in a movie, or just be a few second longly worded in pages of a book, can be pulled off easily in comics.

We are a medium where ultraviolence like The Mask or I Hate Fairland can thrive. We are a place that can make any monster you want to see pull off any action you mind produces, limited only to the skills of the artist.
>>
>>93769122
It also helps that comics are usually an interest of some fans of pretty much every nerdy niche audience, so supernatural and horror stuff always will come this way if a maker of it thinks it'll be better/easier to pull off.

So the answers to your question would be:
1. It is simpler to pull off bigger ideas in drawing than prolly any other visual medium
2. We're fucking nerds, of course we're gonna love this stuff. It's practically made just for us.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.