[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SRMTHFG Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 23

Well, aparently some russian uploaded the entire series.

So, what's /co/'s opinion on Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!?
>>
>>93768475
Hate it... villain was freaking awesome though
>>
>>93768475
I watched it when it was originally airing, and I liked it. I thought that it could have used more worldbuilding for the setting and premise (it was basically acting like it had a setting without really having one), but the character interactions were great.
>>
>>93768960
>acting like it had a setting without really having one
That was exactly my problem with this series, it was like a really big strange mixture of stuff the creators themselves didn't know where to take it, like it was their fanfic about robots, magic, and japanese animation with a self-insert hero as the protagonist...

>the character interactions were great
I agree here, the characters were very likeable in general, except for the MC, in my opinion he was the worst part of the series...
>>
>>93769045
>except for the MC, in my opinion he was the worst part of the series

You mean Gary Stu?
>>
>>93768475
The most interesting part of the show was how Chiro and his girlfriend were both played by Beast Boy and Terra. Otherwise, this show didn't really do anything for me beyond kill 30 minutes.
>>
>>93769155
Same I could watch it to kill some time while waiting for digimon 3.
It wasn't bad but it wasn't that good either.
Just meh.
>>
>>93768475
If it was lost media it should have stayed that way.
>>
It was one of my favorite series when I was younger, and then the local network decided to not air the last season and I slowly lost interest in it.

I used to ship Nova with Patamon from Digimon.
>>
>>93768475
I couldn't stand this series when I was younger, it always had this so full of itself feel that made me wanted to punch Chiro in the face and actually root for the bad guys to kill him.
>>
>>93769312
Second.
>>
>>93768475
>some russian uploaded the entire series
Link, anon? thanks
>>
Was Chiro at all apart from that episode where he was afraid of swimming?
>>
>>93770455
https://cloud.mail

.ru/public/MSih/FKHjWDs53/
>>
>>93770556
Thanks, anon.
Cheers!
>>
>>93768475
Never liked this show
>>
>>93769312
Nah it could easily be found if you knew where to look.
>>
So happy to have this series in higher quality.

maybe one day files without the watermark and with a higher bitrate will turn up

>>93768960
>I thought that it could have used more worldbuilding for the setting and premise (it was basically acting like it had a setting without really having one)
It did have a setting, Shuggazoom. That doesn't mean it has to stay there in every episode.

Lots of plots were in or near Shuggazoom, lots were in space or on other planets. I felt like it was a healthy balance

>>93769312
You shut your whore mouth
>>
>>93772950
That Anon doesn't mean setting like location, it mean setting like "Is this science fiction, fantasy, or just a rip-off of popular animes".

The problem with the series' setting is that it was just a big mixture of concepts, trying to justify it with its technomagical bullshit

You can like the series, but don't be oblivious to the problems it had.
>>
yo that russian is awesome but someone gotta upload this on kiss/kimcartoon stat
>>
>>93773112
>That Anon doesn't mean setting like location, it mean setting like "Is this science fiction, fantasy, or just a rip-off of popular animes".
Well I think it's clearly "science fantasy" but it doesn't hide that it take inspiration from some animes. Like any of the other anime-esque cartoons we've seen

>The problem with the series' setting is that it was just a big mixture of concepts, trying to justify it with its technomagical bullshit
What exactly is the problem? The series felt pretty coherent to me despite having a mixture of concepts and I never had an issue with "justifications" since all that was was how things were in-universe.
>>
>>93773251
>I think
>to me
Anon, you can like the series, but try not be oblivious to its problems.
>>
>>93773456
Well you're not exactly stating any of the problems with the series. I'm only oblivious to whatever you're considering a problem.

The setting was pretty clear(which is why I said I thought it was clearly "science fantasy" because it felt pretty clear and easy to understand).

And I don't see the issue with the series having a mixture of concepts and having "technomagical bullshit" since basically every cartoon that is at all like it has some sort of "bullshit" that it uses to justify shit.

Like I said, what exactly is the problem?
>>
>>93773579
It's not clear, it's a complete mismatch of concepts. Just because we "understand" the concepts, that does not mean they are meant to be together.

Do you remember the names of the locations, the explanations for their origins, even the characters' names? How about the way the series' plot advances?

The series was similar to a little boy's fanfiction. He started writing, making certain level of sense about his setting, so it was kindy likeable, but then he didn't know how to continue. So he just started to use whatever funny trope he could find in order to continue it.

Maybe if the series was meant to be a parody about its "genre", yeah, it can totally work, but NO, it actually tries to take itself seriously, which is exactly the problem, you can't take this show seriously with a setting like the one it had.
>>
File: Son-this-is-bait.jpg (20KB, 620x625px) Image search: [Google]
Son-this-is-bait.jpg
20KB, 620x625px
>>93772950
>>93773251
>>93773579
>>
>>93773925
>it actually tries to take itself seriously
>this show seriously

He's got you there, anon
>>
>>93768475
I remember the time when this kind of series didn't have a proper "First Episode".

You know... like we were supposed to know how the hell the characters get to be in the situation they are just with a short brief in the intro.
>>
>>93773925
>It's not clear, it's a complete mismatch of concepts. Just because we "understand" the concepts, that does not mean they are meant to be together.
And just because you say they were a mismatch doesn't mean they are. The concepts fit together fine, I never felt like any of them didn't really belong together.

>Do you remember the names of the locations, the explanations for their origins, even the characters' names? How about the way the series' plot advances?
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Not fully because it's been a while since I've seen the serious proper, but I'm planning on doing a rewatch with these higher quality files to get a refresher on what I don't remember or don't fully remember. I remember a good portion though.

>The series was similar to a little boy's fanfiction. He started writing, making certain level of sense about his setting, so it was kindy likeable, but then he didn't know how to continue. So he just started to use whatever funny trope he could find in order to continue it.
That doesn't really fit the show though because the show had a pretty clear sense of where it was going. The only thing it's missing is a proper finale.

>Maybe if the series was meant to be a parody about its "genre", yeah, it can totally work, but NO, it actually tries to take itself seriously, which is exactly the problem,
And what's the problem? The show took itself seriously, so what? It did and it was good for it. It had a relatively simple premise but it went beyond just that and was better for it.

>you can't take this show seriously with a setting like the one it had.
And why not? What about the setting makes you not able to take it seriously?

>>93773975
>anything that doesn't hold my particular opinion is bait
>>
>>93774324
>What about the setting makes you not able to take it seriously?
Everything? Anon, did you actually watch the series? Just seeing the intro is enough for seen the obvious.
>>
>>93772950
>>93773251
>>93773579
>>93774324
We get it! You like the series, can you stop spamming, pretty please?
>>
>>93774377
Anon, that's not an answer that's a vague statement. What about the intro/series makes it unable to be taken seriously?

If the intro magically makes a show unable to be taken seriously, then Samurai Jack can't be taken seriously either.

>>93774484
>discussing the show is spamming
>>
>>93774593
>discussing the show
Except you are not discussing the show, you are just hammering down on us your fanboyism for it... complete with everyone of your post with a screencap of the series.
>>
>>93774659
>Except you are not discussing the show, you are just hammering down on us your fanboyism for it...
No, I'm simply responding to his posts trying to figure out exactly why he things what he does is a problem. Discussing the show.

I'm perfectly fine with admitting faults in the show but I don't understand why he things the setting is a problem for a science fantasy cartoon show.

>complete with everyone of your post with a screencap of the series.
I'm just doing that because I'm happy to have these files and because I feel like it. Here, just for you I won't post an image for this reply
>>
>>93774756
>the setting is a problem for a science fantasy cartoon show

For me the setting is not the problem, the execution of the series is...
>>
>>93774865
What problems did you have with the execution?
>>
>>93774887
Like the other anon, I always felt they were making a lot of decisions on the go.

For instance, the whole plot of Chiro being "the chosen one", seemed to come out of nowhere... and was totally unnecesary in the first place... the series would have worked just fine and even more, I'm sure it would have helped his character development even more.
>>
Love the series, but one thing bothers me.

The intro implies the Super Robot and the monkeys were abandonned outside of the city, but yet hey were fighting evil in the past, with and without Mandarin.
What happened for them to just drop off when Skeleton King could attack at any time?
>>
>>93775474
>Like the other anon, I always felt they were making a lot of decisions on the go.
I never felt that way, it felt like they had this stuff planned out to me. at the very least they had a good outline

>For instance, the whole plot of Chiro being "the chosen one", seemed to come out of nowhere... and was totally unnecesary in the first place... the series would have worked just fine and even more, I'm sure it would have helped his character development even more.
Are you for real? The whole set-up of this show is typical of the chosen one trope. I don't see how it came out of nowhere at all.
>>
>>93775668
I feel like this was explained at some point
>>
Mark Hamill was so good as Skeleton King. I mean, it's Mark Hamill so him being good goes without saying but not a lot of people(in my experience) who watched the show know he voiced him.
>>
>>93776308
Wrong! The series started as a random boy who found a "mysterious new power" (In this case a robot and its pilot monkeys) and started using it to do good.

Transforming the entire setting into "This was your destiny!" was pointless, and it gave nothing to the plot.

They could have played it like original Ben 10 series (which had a similar starting point) did in "The Visitor". Where Ben discovered he got the Omnitrix by accident, up to that point he always thought the Onmitrix was his due to "destiny", but ultimately proves that he earned the right to be its user through his actions.
>>
>>93776698
I actually like that setting a lot more than the "Chosen Hero" one:

>MC finds mysterious power, starts using it to do something (usually good).
>Eventually character arrives to reclaim the MC's power.
>Explains to MC that the power is not his and must give it back, MC could or could not comply.
>Character realizes the MC does more good than anyone using the power.

It's works great because it makes the decision of the MC to do good his own rather than something tied to destiny.
>>
>>93776698
>Wrong! The series started as a random boy who found a "mysterious new power" (In this case a robot and its pilot monkeys) and started using it to do good.
Yes. He just "happened" to find the robot one day and get the Power Primate and is the leader of a team of robot monkeys who have to defend Shuggazoom from the evil big bad Skeleton King. It's not like the basics of that are all typical of chosen one shit.

>Transforming the entire setting into "This was your destiny!" was pointless, and it gave nothing to the plot.
Not really

>They could have played it like original Ben 10 series (which had a similar starting point) did in "The Visitor". Where Ben discovered he got the Omnitrix by accident, up to that point he always thought the Onmitrix was his due to "destiny", but ultimately proves that he earned the right to be its user through his actions.
Nah, SRMTHFG wasn't trying to avoid tropes or break them.
>>
File: reaction hound.jpg (43KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
reaction hound.jpg
43KB, 240x240px
>tfw I don't have the patience to go through and download every individual episode because you need an account on this ruskie site to mass download
>>
>>93777217
Get jdownloader, it's how I downloaded them

http://jdownloader.org/download/index
>>
>>93777321
>Download button takes me to a mega page requiring an encryption key.

Hmm.
>>
>>93777057
>Yes. He just "happened" to find the robot one day...
Exactly, he just happened to find them. You said it yourself; he got the Power Primate in that moment! And precisely because of that the Monkey Team made him the leader. It's not like he arrived and because he had the Power Primate in him all along he reactivated them, oh no... that would have actually made sense in the "Chosen Hero" trope, but no... let’s just add that trope in the middle of the series as a way to justify why Chiro is the protagonist… because being the person who is doing a terrific work in saving the universe so far because I have a responsibility to it due to having inherited this strange power is not enough.

>Not really
Funny because, I'm sure you are that anon crying about "vague statement", because I found it difficult to believe there can be 2 people actually defending this series.

>SRMTHFG wasn't trying to avoid tropes or break them
Precisely the reason of why the show was mediocre.

>>93774756
>I'm perfectly fine with admitting faults in the show
>Unable to recognize any fault in the show
>Not fanboyism
>>
>>93777403
https://mega.nz/#!DQUSDS4Q!3oCI6KwWTivL3PSTcTAv4YDQxKfkgxMEsehkdTLumP0

here try this
>>
>>93777533
>https://mega.nz/#!DQUSDS4Q!3oCI6KwWTivL3PSTcTAv4YDQxKfkgxMEsehkdTLumP0
Still wants a decryption key.
>>
>>93768475
I loved everything about,nice animation good story which gets deeper the further the series progressed
NOW
It started as a regular cartoon show about a bunch of monkeys being heroes and saving the day from the big bad skeleton king.But shit started getting real further on,there were these supposed heroes "Sun Riders" which turned out to be a fraud or something,the sixth monkey thing.Antauri's death and Chiro going ape shit,no pun intended.Then the skeleton kind dying but he attached his head to a giant worm thing that went to space so the monkeys followed him and that whole arc was an adventure,the "Big Lug" episode was disturbing.
I might rewatch it again now
Also I don't remember but did get a proper ending ?
>>
>>93777513
>Exactly, he just happened to find them.
"happened"

>You said it yourself; he got the Power Primate in that moment! And precisely because of that the Monkey Team made him the leader. It's not like he arrived and because he had the Power Primate in him all along he reactivated them, oh no... that would have actually made sense in the "Chosen Hero" trope, but no... let’s just add that trope in the middle of the series as a way to justify why Chiro is the protagonist…
You seriously think that the chosen one can only be born with the power and can't receive it at some point?

> because being the person who is doing a terrific work in saving the universe so far because I have a responsibility to it due to having inherited this strange power
So you admit this show was basically asking for Chiro to be called the chosen one?

>Funny because, I'm sure you are that anon crying about "vague statement", because I found it difficult to believe there can be 2 people actually defending this series.
I'm not. If you find it hard to believe that more than one person can defend a show then you're obviously just a troll.

>Precisely the reason of why the show was mediocre.
The show wasn't mediocre though.
>>
>>93772950
>It did have a setting, Shuggazoom.
It had a name for a setting. What was Shuggazoom City actually like? Well, it's a city. We know that the heroes protect it, and there's an arcade and two unpleasant teenagers. Also janitors. There are also hoverburgers, which raises more questions than answers.

That's what I mean. I didn't mean "events take place somewhere", I mean you hardly ever get a good sense of what living in Shuggazoom City is actually like, beyond the basic premise that monsters attack it and robot monkeys defend it.
>>
>>93777770
>you're obviously just a troll.
>unable to see or mention a fault in the series
A troll calling others trolls... you got to admit that's kind of funny

>The show wasn't mediocre though.
Where can I watch the fifth season then?
>>
>>93777770
>>93777921
Oh snap!
>>
>>93777694
>It started as a regular cartoon show about a bunch of monkeys being heroes and saving the day from the big bad skeleton king.But shit started getting real further on,there were these supposed heroes "Sun Riders" which turned out to be a fraud or something,the sixth monkey thing.Antauri's death and Chiro going ape shit,no pun intended.Then the skeleton kind dying but he attached his head to a giant worm thing that went to space so the monkeys followed him and that whole arc was an adventure,the "Big Lug" episode was disturbing.
Oh yeah, this show got REAL

>I might rewatch it again now
Definitely recommend it

>Also I don't remember but did get a proper ending ?
Nope, it ended on a pretty huge cliffhanger in the last episode. Skeleton King was reborn and raised a castle and army of the dead, declaring war on the living.

Chiro, the monkey team, and allies all gathered up and prepared to fight.

the creator has expressed interest in trying to get the finale made
>>
>>93777770
>"happened"
>Yes, happened. Or you think some magical voice guided him to the monkeys?

>You seriously think that the chosen one can only be born with the power and can't receive it at some point?
No, apparently you are the one assuming the later. I'm just saying that making Chiro a "chosen one" didn't gave anything to the plot. The plot would have continued the same and it could have been even better, because Chiro would have been doing it out of his own heroic ideals, and not because he was fated to do it in the first place.

>So you admit this show was basically asking for Chiro to be called the chosen one?
No, again, what I'm saying is that there was absolute no reason to add the "The Chosen Hero" trope.

>I'm not. If you find it hard to believe that more than one person can defend a show then you're obviously just a troll.
I think the troll here is another one, but think whatever you want.

>The show wasn't mediocre though.
Where is the final season then? Just because you love the show, doesn't mean you must be blind about it.
>>
>>93778207
>making Chiro a "chosen one" didn't gave anything to the plot.

I love the show but I have to agree with Anon here, the entire chosen one twist was really dull.
>>
>>93777921
>A troll calling others trolls... you got to admit that's kind of funny
It is pretty funny that you are trying to call me a troll

>Where can I watch the fifth season then?
You can't, because it never got produced because Disney got rid of Jetix and they'll be damned if any of the shows airing got to end properly or got proper releases.

Also, not getting an ending is not a sign of a mediocre show.
>>
doesn't creator of this show have some plan to release a sequel to this show as a comic book after he dies since Disney cant sue a dead man and he lost the rights to it.
>>
File: sarcasm01.jpg (86KB, 525x476px) Image search: [Google]
sarcasm01.jpg
86KB, 525x476px
>>93778280
>Where can I watch the fifth season then?
>You can't, because...

Here, seems like you need this
>>
>>93776640
I unironically think this was hamill's best voice work. At least tied with the joker.
>>
>>93778280
>It is pretty funny that you are trying to call me a troll
I'm not calling anyone anything, but if you somehow feel identified...
>>
>>93778207
>Yes, happened. Or you think some magical voice guided him to the monkeys?
You don't understand. It's not that he was guided there by some in-universe thing, it's that the plot drove him to do that because plot. He was destined to do that

>No, apparently you are the one assuming the later.
Then why did you say that it would only make sense if it was inside him and got reactivated?

>I'm just saying that making Chiro a "chosen one" didn't gave anything to the plot.
It didn't take anything away either

>The plot would have continued the same and it could have been even better, because Chiro would have been doing it out of his own heroic ideals, and not because he was fated to do it in the first place.
So? It's really not that different.

>No, again, what I'm saying is that there was absolute no reason to add the "The Chosen Hero" trope.
So you did that by describing stuff that's very typical of the chosen hero trope?

>but think whatever you want.
You do the same

>Where is the final season then?
It doesn't exist because Disney canned Jetix and all of the shows that were airing on it. The creator has a plan in mind for the finale, he just didn't get to do it because Jetix was killed off

>Just because you love the show, doesn't mean you must be blind about it.
And just because you don't like a show doesn't mean whatever you say is somehow a fault

lets just agree to disagree. /co/ already spends far too much time nitpicking little things to complain about and argue endlessly
>>
This show was prime for waifus
>>
>>93778609
>So you did that by describing stuff that's very typical of the chosen hero trope?
Because apparently for you, if any character stumbles into some strange power and starts using them for good... then they have no option but to be a chosen one.

>it's that the plot drove him to do that because plot.
Now you are calling the plot, "destiny"? Why don't you call the writer "god" then. He is the protagonist, obviously he is the one that must find the power. That doesn't mean he has to be a chosen one to do it.

>And just because you don't like a show doesn't mean whatever you say is somehow a fault
Did I say I don't like it? You are just assuming that because, unlike you, I'm able to see faults in it and plots that could have been done better. Just because I like the series doesn't mean I have to worship it.

>lets just agree to disagree
Finally something we can agree on...
>>
>>93778609
>it's that the plot drove him to do that because plot. He was destined to do that

Dude, this is fiction, just because there is a screenplay dictating the characters every move doesn't mean they are moved by destiny in-universe.
>>
>>93776698

Everyone in this conversation is using the word "setting" wrong. "setting" is where the story takes place, and for SRMT it's Shuggazoom and/or the areas surrounding it. You are using it interchangeably to refer to genres and tropes.
>>
>>
>>
>>93778367
Agreed.
>>
>>93783666
At least bump with image.
>>
File: 1490504232188.png (326KB, 903x713px) Image search: [Google]
1490504232188.png
326KB, 903x713px
>that episode where Chiro's girlfriend gets mindbroken by alien bikers
>>
>>93785333
That was a great episode
>>
>>93785567
>>
>>
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.