[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what are the odds of us getting a Static Shock movie in the DCEU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: static-shock.jpg (51KB, 640x465px) Image search: [Google]
static-shock.jpg
51KB, 640x465px
So what are the odds of us getting a Static Shock movie in the DCEU?
>>
>>93763880
About the same odds as us getting Damian as the robin.

So not at all, faggot.
>>
>>93763880
I love Static but the odds of him being in the movies are small .
>>
File: 213431241324123.jpg (145KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
213431241324123.jpg
145KB, 1111x597px
>>93763880
>Static Shock movie gets announced
>Virgil is played by a white guy
>>
If Black Panther does well for Marvel, you bet your ass DC will roll out a Static movie.

Unless they go with Jon Stewart as GL.
>>
File: HourGlassOfSand.gif (78KB, 218x320px) Image search: [Google]
HourGlassOfSand.gif
78KB, 218x320px
Isn't Warner/DC avoiding Static because their deal with Milestone means paying royalties?

Seems unlikely, no matter how much nostalgia people have for the cartoon.
>>
>>93764340
I hate this shit. DC has money to be spending. Royalties are even better becase then you're just paying part of what you make. You still make a lot but you share some with the rightful owner of the work. Easy peezt, right? Wrong. Man I hate this industry sometimes.
>>
>>93764340
For comics, yes.

For TV/Movies I think DC has an easier time using Static.
>>
>>93764322
This. But now what are the odds of it not being shit? If Hack Snyder is involve in any way, 0%.
>>
>>93763880
>>93764340
>Isn't Warner/DC avoiding Static because their deal with Milestone means paying royalties?

No they're developing a Static Shock show with Machinima. It's being developed by WB's Blue Ribbon Content unit.

Jaden Smith was rumored for the lead role like a year ago.
>>
File: StaticShock_S1.jpg (293KB, 991x711px) Image search: [Google]
StaticShock_S1.jpg
293KB, 991x711px
Buy his new DVDs and new action figure and maybe DC will do something with him again. Buying his stuff might show DC that people are still interest in him.
>>
>>93764383
I doubt Snyder will be involved.

They'll probably get a black director, honestly.

How about Denzel directing and playing Mr. Hawkins, Virgil's dad?
>>
File: staticiconaf7.jpg (193KB, 1097x709px) Image search: [Google]
staticiconaf7.jpg
193KB, 1097x709px
>>93764488
Merchandise can really help a character . Buying his merch might help .
>>
>>93764322
>>93763880
Static is in a legal quagmire. DC has to pay royalties or some sort of liscensing fee to use Static to his creators...

>>93764340
yeah this.

We're more likely to see a Cyborg Movie or perhaps him starting up the Teen Titans.
>>
>>93764322
I'll be pissed if they use John Stewart because that means they replaced Manhunter for no reason
>>
>>93764414
His show has been in develop for a long time now. They announce it I think two years ago.
>>
>>93764677
It finally has a place to go now that DC is doing their streaming service, starting with Young Justice Season 3
>>
>>93764648
wtf Mcduffie is dead tho
>>
>>93764674
>No reason

The reason would be that DC knew they weren't going to have a Lantern for the first JL film, so they needed a black guy as a placeholder until they introduced GL.
>>
>>93764630
>finally get a static action figure
>his original look from the comics

why would they do this when he was more well-known for the show?
>>
>>93764690
His other creators are still alive.
>>
File: statictoysfew.jpg (120KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
statictoysfew.jpg
120KB, 640x361px
>>93764704
At least he has a new action figure. He don't have that many action figures. It's only fair that his original costume got one.
>>
What is going on with Milestone and Static anyway? First DC announced Earth-M, then it came about that Dakota had been transplanted into DC's main universe, but everyone was made to forget about the heroes, which falls in line with Rebirth and Manhattan, but then the remaining creators say Milestone is going ahead without DC and will be called Milestone 2.0.

I mean, now that I think about it, I bet Dark Matter was originally going to be DC bringing Milestone back into the fray, but the remaining creators got pissy and decided to do it on their own.
>>
>>93764789
That alternate-future one is pretty sweet
>>
>>93764789
That subway toy was a grail of mine.
>>
>>93764565
>How about Denzel directing and playing Mr. Hawkins, Virgil's dad?
That would work, he'd be great for the part.

>>93764648
>Static is in a legal quagmire
Oh ffs I hate that shit. I mean look what happened to Miracleman.
>>
>>93764648
It's not a quagmire, it's a completely cut and dry situation.

Milestone Media is the independent company that created Static, thus they own Static and have always owned Static, and unless someone else buys the character from them they always will.

The only unusual aspect is that Milestone has a deal with DC in which only DC can publish comics with Milestone characters.

But even though DC and Milestone have ALWAYS been on perfectly good terms, WB will NEVER make a movie with a character they don't own unless they think it's a guaranteed hit, which a Static movie is a far cry from being.

There's a difference between licensed and owned characters.
WB owns DC and thus they own Batman and can do anything they want with him.
WB does NOT own Static and thus would have to license him from Milestone.

That's all there is to the situation.
>>
>>93763880
Would any of you even want a live action static shock? Cause I sure as hell don't, no reason to take a perfectly good character and make him edgy as fuck for the movies, the tv show already covered mature topics while still having a generally positive/light tone overall, in the live action movie you can bet there's gonna be some BLM shit, Virgil's gonna get beaten up by the cops, Richie's dad is gonna call Virgil a straight up nigger, or some stupid bull shit like that.
>>
How well does the show hold up?
How bearable are the "black" parts of it? I'm not /pol/ but I can't handle nigger shit in my entertainment.
>>
>>93767891
The entire goal of Milestone was to make characters black kids could relate to AND look up to. That means characters who were good people, but dealt with things everyday black kids actually dealt with, like people they know having guns or being involved with crime, there's racism, there's division between classes, but then there's the stuff all kids deal with too, like peer pressure and bullying. And yes there's hip-hop.

You sound like the kind of twat who would throw a fit any time a black character is acknowledged as being black so you'd best just not bother.
>>
>>93766469
I'm not sure why DC doesn't just buy Milestone like they did with Wildstorm. They can't be particularly expensive.
>>
>>93764314
Nice fantasy you got there, retard.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.