[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

unsounded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

Man There is almost no upside to being a plat
>>
>>93761807
I guess when the world's population is almost exclusively magic users and niggers no one ever needed to invent sunscreen
>>
>>93761807
What are you talking about? They get extra magic powers, absolutely free!
>>
>>93762238
Almost no upsides
>extra magic
>useless if you don't have a teacher
>it's in exchange of 50 years of your life
>you also can't handle the sun
>skilled magicians can still kick your ass
Nah I'm good
>>
>>93761807
No wonder why his dad got him a hat. Yeesh.
>>
>>93761807
Matty needs to lift
>>
>>93761807
Also why is there a hand inside Uaid
>>
>>93762850
It's his arm that got disconnected during the Anadyne and Knock-Me-Down fight, if I remember right.
>>
>>93762850
It's the one that Anadyne core leeched the shoulder joint off of
>>
Is Sette actually trying to help, or just bullying Matty?
>>
>>93763082
both?
>>
>>93763082
I don't see how those are mutually exclusive especially when it comes to Sette.
>>
>>93761807
I want to give Matty my miracle sunburn cure
>>
>>93762836
He's cute and perfect as he is.
>>
>>93763197
Don't be lewd, Toho.
>>
>>93763082
How the fuck is fish supposed to fix sunburn?
>>
>>93761807
Don't finger the sunburn.
Not fucking cool.
>>
>>93763330
She's an uncultured Sharte
What do you expect from her
>>
>>93763330
How's a hamburger gonna kill Mega Man?
>>
>>93763330
The same way fleas ward off evil spirits.
>>
>>93761807
Holy shit he's a fucking lobster.
>>
>>93764427
Reminds me of my brother.
>>
>>93762321
>>skilled magicians can still kick your ass
Pretty much the world's best magicians can kick your ass. You have huge natural advantages above the average joe.

It's not easy to compare how powerful a Plat is because Duane is so OP OP and he's our central mage character. But I think if we look at Elka and Ana and Bastion we have seen how even Quigley (who is not particularly amazing for a Play wright IIRC) has this level of range and power that they don't necessarily - that's more in line with Duane or the very high tier Crescian wright we saw.
>>
>>93764474
Quigley isn't a Pymaric genius but he was skilled enough he was given additional schooling instead of being sent to war as a 13 year old with enough Old Tainish to lob spells at Crescians a mile away.
>>
>>93764474
It seems to me that Quigley isn't too far behind Duane in terms of raw power--which, as you mention, is saying a lot because Duane is absurdly OP.
>>
>>93764507
Vienne is the real tragedy because e.g. if she'd been a Jet dude she'd probably have entirely revolutionized Kasslynian industry. As it is she likely had to be a genius just to get her learning done quick enough, and in the end she got fucked up and killed by the social order and what she learned forgotten about beyond the context of keeping her man and boy safe (not that that's a bad thing).
>>
>>93764510
Quigley has him beat in terms of raw power and range, it's just Duane is incredibly skilled and has a couple bullshit advantages.

1.) He's a Tacit Caster which let's him cast without the other person know what's he's going, as well as letting him cast faster than most people since he can think the spells faster than most people can say them aloud.

2.) As a zombie, his memories aren't stored in a faulty brain but within his soul which gives him perfect memory recollection. This extends to his knowledge of Old Tainish, if he read it once somewhere he remembers it.

But in general he's just an absurdly good wright, he can make up for the power gap Quigley has over him, as he demonstrated when they fought.
>>
Duane was almost certainly better than Quigley when he was alive, too. Duane may actually be in the running for the best wright in the world as far as we know, and unlike most we've seen, he's very experienced at duels.
>>
>>93764548
It is important to note Duane was the "best wright in centuries" while his meat was still alive. Tacit Casting aside, a lot of Pymary is essentially applied natural sciences and maths. Duane was not only good as using it to explode people, he was good at understanding the basic principles letting you explode people better. There's a reason he's spent a good portion of his fights with other wrights lecturing their form. An academic and soldier. Fuck, he's been a genius academic, a great soldier, an accomplished underground fighter, a loved Priest, and best dad. What's with this guy?
>>
>>93764621
I'd say he's probably the best combat wright, dueling and battlefield application is where he excels. Good awareness, quick reflexes, able to identify materials on the fly, and just rock solid combat sense.

He's in general very skilled but he specifically lacks very much knowledge in the pymaric construction department. There's probably quite a few people who could equal or exceed him when it comes to pymary theory when they can mull over it given the luxury of time. But put damn near anyone else in a ring with him and I think Duane would come out on top.
>>
>>93763330
Have you ever seen a fucking fish with a sunburn?
They'd know.

Think before you type.
>>
>>93764653
Well, he's also a nationalist and a zealot with anger issues
>>
>>93764823
You mean that's not why salmon are pink?
>>
>>93761807
>you didnt trade Chitz again for it, did you?
>It all happened so fast
they really really REALLY shouldnt leave Sette alone with Matty, even for a second
>>
>>93761807
Character development
>>
File: ch12_67.jpg (285KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ch12_67.jpg
285KB, 600x900px
I just got caught up, and FUCK, this page hurt a lot more than it should have
>>
>>93762321
>school is evil and characters shouldn't like it!
>>
>>93765313
I feel you. My grandmother has pretty bad Alzheimer's and it started out relatively small, but eventually she was losing large parts of her life and she knew it.

It was heartbreaking.
>>
File: lackadaisy innuendo.jpg (33KB, 312x282px) Image search: [Google]
lackadaisy innuendo.jpg
33KB, 312x282px
>>93763197
>>
>>93765313
well, at least it was someone like bastion, and not someone like dawn
>>
>>93762836

Matty is a child, a healthy kid is a little pudgy at this age because it will need that baby fat when the growth spurts start.
>>
>>93764838
Let's see you get ganked by niggers, turned into a zombie, forced to adopt a mutant kleptomaniac, and surrounded by heathen idiots and stay half as chipper as Duane
>>
I'm surprised she didn't convince him girl pee works on the wounds, like it would on jellyfish stings.
>>
>>93765789
Hey I don't blame him or even want to suggest any of his negative traits outweigh the positive. I was just trying to provide a weak balance to good ol Duane
>>
>>93765811
It would be nice payback for when he peed on her that one time
>>
>>93765818
>>93765820
Can Sette pee?
>>
At least Matty will be dead before the skin cancer kicks in
>>
>>93765827
yes, she pees out of her butt, like all girls do
>>
File: limes_guy.jpg (47KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
limes_guy.jpg
47KB, 680x907px
>>93761807
>>
>>93765840
As always, the cure for cancer is death.
>>
Sort of a tangental stream of consciousness here, but is there a word or term (or trope) for when a medium has trouble communicating what is extremely abnormal in an already abnormal setting (be it technological or magical)? Like when I started reading Unsounded I did not know Duane or Sette were unique creatures and thought "alright, lion-girls and zombie wizards are a normal part of this established universe"

>>93765987
Cope you glorious son of a bitch.
>>
>>93765827
>>93765848
C L O A C A
L
O
A
C
A
>>
>>93765329
Well, the social system is all kinds of fucked up there with school being where it starts
>>
Why is nobody mentioning that Sette braided Matty's hair?
>>
I really like how you can see the contours of Matty's buttocks through his pants in the last panel.
>>
>>93765313
It was a pretty shocking page, honestly. Cope drew it beautifully. Like... "I just saw the edge of oblivion" shocking.
>>
File: rf 40.jpg (100KB, 756x772px) Image search: [Google]
rf 40.jpg
100KB, 756x772px
>>93768515
>>
>>93768497
Because people like >>93768515 show up and make everything terrible.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.