[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to Beast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170709-201057.jpg (387KB, 652x613px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170709-201057.jpg
387KB, 652x613px
What happened to Beast?
>>
They stuck him back in the X-Men because "muh Original Five!" after the Avengers made him awesome
>>
>>93758944

He would have been around his early 20s back then. He got older, got more responsibilities, and started behaving like an adult.
>>
>>93758944
Character progression.
>>
>>93758944
>>93759498
>>93759548
What was the turning point?
>>
>>93759548

asshole Beast is rather recent. IIRC he was tortured during Osborn's Dark Avengers, and got mad at Cyclops cuz nobody rescued him, something like that. Less than 10 years. With Whedon he and Morrison he was still Old Beast, just cat looking.
>>
>>93758944
Writers of the 90s made him act more like the pretentious weirdo cartoon version and forgot he was a goofball prankster that got on everybody's nerves.
>>
>>93759731
X-Factor. See>>93759115
>>
>>93758944
What Marvel does to all of their characters; fucking them over with bad writing and the editors dicking around instead of doing their job.

It's not just Beast who was fucked over. Cyclops replaced Magneto as mutant Hitler, Emma was stripped of her agency and character development, Abigail Brand has been cucked by Captain Marvel.

As for the Avengers, Wasp is a sociopath, Wanda was turned into a genocidal narcissist, Captain America is literally Adolf Hitler, and Hank Pym is a walking joke character.

Spider-Man is a spineless man-child who is totally dependent on an old hag he nurses from.

Marvel does this shit because God forbid they age out these characters and have to foster truly creative, New ideas.
>>
>>93759746
This. Whedon and Morrison wrote Beast in character, they just aged him a bit and he was a blue, furry cat man.
>>
>>93758944
Fucking Quisling shit.
First he leaves the mutants to join the inhumans when muggas were getting gassed, then he leaves the inhumans to join the not nazis when inhumans are getting put in to death camps.
If Marvel actually gave a fuck about anything, he would be on trial for war crimes.
>>
>>93759746

That's an entirely separate turning point for Beast. X-Factor was where grew up and started acting serious. He'd still revert to 'goofball Beast' when he saw the Avengers, though.

Then that Dark Avengers story, something broke inside of him, he's never been the same since.
>>
>>93759887
Lol, and Cyclops got the death he deserved. He literally started two hero vs hero events for bullshit reasons.
>>
>>93759917
I get the feeling that was an editorial mandate. Fraction wrote a decent Beast up until that point.

After that arc, Fraction had to completely change how he wrote the character in relation with Cyclops. It felt like he was writing a completely different book after Dark Avengers vs X-Men.
>>
>>93759746
Still character progression. It's not always positive.

Another thing people loved anti-venom. But irl a murderer is a murderer no matter what bs he does to repent. Magento murederd people too and destroyed property and kill humans yet thats ok.

Cyclops himself was going down to dark paths since the late 90s. Ever since he merged with apoc.
>>
>>93760193
Well, I hope Marvel is proud of itself. I don't buy their comics or watch their movies. In fact Marvel has turned me against the entire superhero genre.
>>
>>93760258
Boo hoo. One non illogical non fan gone.
>>
>>93759928
Fuck off. Those were started because Wolverine and the Avengers were being massive hypocrites.
>>
>>93760395
Nope, Cyclops started both. Fucker deserved to go out like a bitch.
>>
>>93760363
This is true. I am logical and not a fan. Thanks anon.
>>
>>93760258
>Marvel has turned me against the entire superhero genre
Well that's retarded.
>>
>>93760444
I didn't realize Marvel editorial posted on /co/. I should have known, considering how lax their jobs are.
>>
>>93758944
X-factor happened. X-factor destroyed everything except Angel. Angel, and arguably Iceman, are the only people that benefitted from X-factor. Cyclops, Jean and Beast had their arcs ruined and it was responsible for the destruction of the franchise.
>>
>>93759815
>fucking them over with bad writing and the editors dicking around instead of doing their job.
X-factor happened under the Shooter administration which many consider to be the pinnacle of editors "doing their job" at Marvel as well as the period that had many of Marvel's greatest writers.

Of course, it's also Shooter's fault for X-factor having happened as well as his fault that most of Marvel's talent got driven away which lead to the disaster that is the 90s.

The only people who ever liked the O5 were Busiek and Shooter, and they proceeded to destroy what Claremont built out of silver age nostalgia.
>>
X factor was seriously the worst thing that ever happened to Xmen and the only good thing to come out of it was rightclops.

>brought Warren, worst Bobby, Hank, and Jean back
>killed death by undeading Jean
>made Scott a dead beat and proved once and for all the New mutants, gen x, ect would never really replace the O5 even though the O5 a shit.

Just think of what could have been? Scott only coming back for important shit. No more Chuck, Some of the New Mutants actually growing up. Logan dead by the early 90s.
>>
Beast was, is, and always will be right.
>>
>>93762555
>>93762637
>>93762875

KURT BUSIEK IS A JERK
>>
>>93760395
Sure buddy, sure.
>>
>>93762875
Scott was the worst fucking part of X-Factor.
>>
File: x_men__beast_by_dr_conz-da1m9bx.jpg (343KB, 486x800px) Image search: [Google]
x_men__beast_by_dr_conz-da1m9bx.jpg
343KB, 486x800px
>>93758944
I want the gentle soul, quirky professor, lowkey horndog Hank back!!!
>>
>>93763827
This.
>>
>>93759731

Dark Beast?
>>
>>93758944
The late '90s is what happened to Hank.
Remember that the next time some asshat demands that the entire X-franchise return to the "glory days" of the '90s.
In the '90s Marvel was trying to separate the worlds of the X-Men from all the other superheroes in a dumb attempt to justify the premise that the X-Men are hated only for their superpowers and not any other minority status any one mutant might have.
Sales plummeted. And Hank was stuck as a 100% non-Avenger.
Then Marvel's (remember: not Bendis) bosses decided that the X-Men should be more like the movies (the Matrix movies) and run around in black leather.
Sales plummeted more. And Hank's mutation had to be "advanced" to make him more edgy.
Hank's grimm'n'gritty period was started by that nonsense.
Then came Morrison.
Hank got a little weird around then. That's on Morrison.
And then came the modern stuff, Hank became the moral foil for Rightclops.
After all, it's not as if Hank became a homicidal supervillain psycho.
But fans apparently hate the moral heart of the team when there's a Rightclops to fawn over.
Then came Bendis, much of Hank's classic blue physical form returned, if a little less hairy up top, but the now-personal opposition to all things Rightclops remains.
All in all, Hank's trajectory is bringing him back to "Classic Beast". He even left the X-Men for another team! ... Classic Hank move.
>>
>>93762875
wtf I love X-Factor even more now

>>93764047
>Then Marvel's (remember: not Bendis) bosses decided that the X-Men should be more like the movies (the Matrix movies) and run around in black leather.
Sales plummeted more. And Hank's mutation had to be "advanced" to make him more edgy.
>Hank's grimm'n'gritty period was started by that nonsense.
>Then came Morrison.
>Hank got a little weird around then. That's on Morrison.
Note all of this was in the damned early 00s, and the "advanced" mutation was already morrison. Guess Claremont had to come up with some explanation for how Hank suddenly was gonna look like a cat.
>>
>>93762875
>Logan dead by the early 90s.
Everything else is fine, but you can fuck off with that. Some of Logan's best stories happened in the early 90s.
>>
>>93762875

>Storm marries a man she hardly knows and leaves the X-Men, only to return when it's important.
>This is terrible and they need to undo this.
>Cyclops marries a woman he hardly knows and leaves the X-Men, only to return when it's important.
>This was perfect why did you ruin it Marvel?

This will never make sense, unless people really wanted Cyclops to just go away.
>>
>>93764534
And we may never have gotten Cable.
>>
>>93764629

Cable would still exist, he just wouldn't have that origin.
>>
>>93764629
Cable's too bad-ass to ever have needed to have a mother.
THIS IS CANON.
>>
>>93763827
I want old Hank to face fuck me so hard that his good doctor persona melts away into pure animal mating instinct, just a dumb beast slamming his goliath sized meat into my mouth over and over, only for him to become woefully embarrassed and ashamed about it after he fucks me
>>
>>93764534
It let Scott grow up. And it wasn't like Claremont didn't use X members of the team all the god damn time. You see Jean, Hank, and Warren a bunch of times in the old issues. Hell you see Scott a fuck ton of times after Maddie came by
>>
>>93764154
Morrison *STARTED* at Marvel in 2000.
Beast was turned into Lion-man by Sage in a '90s comic called X-treme X-Men before Morrison was ever hired.
The black leather existed before Morrison. The bad sales and bankruptcy happened before Morrison. The Beast transformation happened before Morrison.
You know nothing about comics. Please stop spreading your ignorance here.
>>
>>93765283
>Beast was turned into Lion-man by Sage in a '90s comic called X-treme X-Men before Morrison was ever hired.
>The black leather existed before Morrison. The bad sales and bankruptcy happened before Morrison. The Beast transformation happened before Morrison.
>You know nothing about comics. Please stop spreading your ignorance here.
That's very cute, hon. Now listen.
Claremont had to give up on Hank in X-Treme because Marvel had that stoner become the main X-writer at that point, and him and (most likely quitely) had that "vision" of cat-like Beast.
The black leather thing BARELY existed before that. X-Treme had new Matrix-like uniforms, but still looking somewhat decent for superhero stuff. Scott wore some kind of leather jumpsuit and another black suit for literally one issue before morrison's version.

Now go to bed and think about all the wrong things you said. I'll take your apologies in the morning.
>>
>>93765467
So by your own admission you (quite likely) don't know one thing, admit you were "BARELY" wrong about another, and expect me to apologize tomorrow for pointing out your stupidity ...
Well YOU WERE WRONG, I'm going to apologize right now and not tomorrow:
I'm so very very sorry I forced you to point out your own errors by claiming that you knew nothing about comics, I was obviously wrong about that ...
... because you had just learned something from me: how wrong you were.
>>
What's the appeal of Beast? I've always found him the most boring character, every decade from the beginning. Is it just nerdy smart ugly people that can relate to him or something?
>>
>>93765728
>You were wrong, wrong, WRONG!
About what, young man?

>>93765777
It's probably the witty joking around. Of course these days that's harder to tell.
>>
>>93758944
he should have been the gay one
>>
>>93765823
That's your answer to everything
>>
>>93765283
>The black leather existed before Morrison.
That's completely wrong. The leather and varsity jackets look was completely Morrison's idea. He even wrote a damn manifesto about it.

>>93765777
It's that whole union of opposites deal. He was the original brute of the team, but he was soft-spoken. Intelligent, but also warm and personable and with a sense of humor second only to Bobby Drake.

All in all, he was the kind of character you'd want to hang out with. Now, not so much.
>>
>>93765777
He used to be a jovial type of character while being smart which goes against his appearance. He had great interactions with Wonder Man and Emma. He was one of Cyclops's only friends(as in he treated Scott like an equal instead of being too intimidated to socialize with him)
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.