[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think his parents are spirits now? Is it possible they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: MauiMoana.jpg (460KB, 1285x987px) Image search: [Google]
MauiMoana.jpg
460KB, 1285x987px
Do you think his parents are spirits now? Is it possible they know how much they fucked up?
>>
Taking this seriously, the parents probably have no idea he is their son or else they would have visited him by now.
>>
>>93757431
Bruh they threw him away when he was baby
>>
>>93757360
>Maui pulls up islands for the explorers
>One boy in the crowd cheers vigorously
>Maui sees this, gives him a hawk flying ride on a whim
>Kid is having the time of his life
>When they land, boy runs up to his parents, raving excitedly
>Maui looks up
>It's his parents
>As their new son embraces them, the father comes over and pats Maui on the back
>"We can only hope our son grows up to be half as great as you"
>Maui turns away
>"I'm sure he'll live up to your expectations"
>Flies away into the sunset
>>
>>93757360
Eh, his parents ought to have been dead for centuries or so.
>>
In the Maori myths, Maui returned home after he was grown and tried to rejoin his family. They were all wary of him and his powers, but his brother told them that when in peacetime, they should be focused on helping others to prosperity so the family accepted him back into their home.
>>
>>93757360
Maui said he was doing things for the human race when they were still in their infancy, or in other words when the human race was still very new. Chances are his parents were proto-humans and may not have had the same afterlife as humans had in the setting of the film. Mythos can be weird, the underworld may not have even existed at that time, or any sort of land of the dead for that matter.
Since these things tend to revolve around humanity then such an afterlife may not have been created by the gods yet for the humans to go to when they were dead.
>>
File: 472.jpg (45KB, 500x413px) Image search: [Google]
472.jpg
45KB, 500x413px
So if his tattoos appear after he's accomplished something, what do you think he did to earn this one?
>>
File: thats a rock fact.jpg (15KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
thats a rock fact.jpg
15KB, 500x276px
>>93757360
This is how he fucking dies
>His last, fatal trick was on the Goddess Hine-nui-te-pō. In attempting to make mankind immortal by changing into a worm, entering her vagina and leaving by her mouth while she slept, she crushed him with the obsidian teeth in her vagina.
>changing into a worm, entering her vagina and leaving by her mouth
>she crushed him with the obsidian teeth in her vagina.
>obsidian teeth in her vagina.
>>
>>93758726
Sounds pretty kinky
>>
>>93758726
jej, at least he died doing the puss excavation that he loved. A true player.
>>
>>93758638
First rate post right there.
>>
>>93758726
You know, as much as I wonder why would a goddess need obsidian teeth in her vagina, I've come to accept not to question all kinds of fucked up imagery in ancient mythology.

My actual question is, what was he looking for in there? how does slithering through a goddess' innards grant immortality to mankind? was he going after one of her vital organs that just happened to make humans immortal if he could remove a piece of it or something?
>>
File: MOANA-219.00-004.0-0040-hankfix.jpg (4MB, 3840x1608px) Image search: [Google]
MOANA-219.00-004.0-0040-hankfix.jpg
4MB, 3840x1608px
Did they fuck?
>>
>>93758910
He finds Hine asleep with her legs apart and he and his companions see sharp flints of obsidian and greenstone between her thighs. “Now,” Māui tells his friends, “when I go into the body of this old woman, do not laugh at me. Wait until I come out again from her mouth. Then you may laugh as much as you want.”
“You will be killed!” was all the companions could say.
“If you laugh I will indeed be killed. But if I pass right through her body I will live, and she will die.”
Then he readied himself, winding the cord of his battle club tightly round his wrist and casting aside his garment. As Māui began his task, the cheeks of his watching friends puckered with suppressed laughter. As his head and arms disappear, one of his brothers - or the fantail - can't hold back any longer and bursts out laughing. The old lady wakes, opens her eyes, claps her legs together and cuts Māui in two. Now Māui has become the first being to die and, because he has failed in his task, all human beings are mortal. The goddess keeps her position at the portal to the underworld through which all humans must travel
>>
>>93759033
Probably.
http://hawaiianlibertarian.blogspot.com/2011/08/marriage-in-ancient-hawaii.html
>It was also common for both commoners and royalty to wife swap and play sexual games similar to spin the bottle, except random pairings resulted in far more activity than just kissing. They also had a religious ceremony called hi'uwai that was essentially an orgy at night time in the ocean during a certain time of year to maintain a form of anonymous discretion between participants.
>>
What was the point of Maui in the film if Moana is the one that returned the stone?
>>
>>93759423
she needs his aide.
It's kind of greek in that fashion, that there are tiered plot-lines between mortal and godly characters.
>>
It's unfortunate they didn't include more about his origins before demi godhood beyond just one line or two.

>>93758726
>>93759205
That marvelous sonuvabitch.
>>
>>93757622
And? They tossed him out as a baby they have no fucking clue what he looks like as a man or even as a teen/preteen. To them he could be just some guy since he would be unrecognizable. Since he knows what they did he probably remembers them somewhat even if it is a really hazy memory. When they die they might find out but before then no.
>>
File: 1486258483958.jpg (246KB, 699x522px) Image search: [Google]
1486258483958.jpg
246KB, 699x522px
>>93758638
>>
File: WE-WAS-voyagers.jpg (57KB, 450x272px) Image search: [Google]
WE-WAS-voyagers.jpg
57KB, 450x272px
Some parents are just shitty parents. Maybe they were just kids and couldn't handle a baby.
>>
File: T H A N K Y O U.jpg (28KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
T H A N K Y O U.jpg
28KB, 640x360px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA3OqkSX4QA

Y O U R W E L C O M E
>>
>>93760079
Holy fuck I haven't laughed this hard in a while
>>
>>93760079
Here's a silly question.
Did the rock really sing that? I mean did they cast a different actor for the singing voice?
>>
>>93760079
Here's a couple more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFG5iBjqVtE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eoT68ZS_UQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ILPXZVa8cY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdO7LTpB-CU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09MQL3rD1YA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E9o3unrodc
>>
>>93760286
Yeah the Rock sang it
>>
>>93758638
It took me longer than usual to get it, that means there's still hope for me. Right?
>>
File: Untitledss.jpg (39KB, 386x459px) Image search: [Google]
Untitledss.jpg
39KB, 386x459px
>>93757360

Think/say what you want, but there is no excuse for making that thing that fucking fat, and ugly
>>
>>93760434
Wow I didn't realize what a meme this was. Shiny has quite a few too
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.