[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Storytime General Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Superman & Batman Generations 3.jpg (570KB, 1032x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Superman & Batman Generations 3.jpg
570KB, 1032x1600px
I've got a question and I'd like some opinions. I was thinking of doing a Generation storytime with everything presented chronologically by in-story year (1939 from G1 followed by 1942 from G2 followed by 1949 from G1 etc.) but the end of G2 and most of G3 contain a lot of "flashbacks" framed in the future. How would you place those nested flashbacks?

And this thread is open to anyone else's questions/comments about storytimes as well.
>>
>>93756728
G3 should really be it's own thing, because if I remember correctly it's a closed time loop that resolves itself at the end, isn't it?
>>
File: Generations 3 Metron.jpg (406KB, 1032x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Generations 3 Metron.jpg
406KB, 1032x1600px
>>93756790
I was originally thinking of just G1-G2 but there is a story that take place simultaneously in 2008 and 1925ish.
>>
>>93756728
I think G3 throws that off too much
>>
>>93756728
>>93757245
Generations 3 is bad. Like SoP bad. I wouldn't bother with it if I were you.
>>
>>93757986
What, you don't bad CGI, copypasted Parademons, and pseudo-incest?
>>
>>93756728
Might be a retarded question but here goes... can I get in trouble for storytiming comics? Isn't it illegal? Has that ever happened?
>>
>>93759962
Fair use.

They hate scans daily because of ads and links.
>>
>>93759962
There are a few comics whose images are in a DCMA database or something. Someone got autobanned by trying to storytime Inhumans once, but no one gives a shit about the Inhumans
>>
File: Bizarro_Silver_Age_01.jpg (197KB, 439x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Bizarro_Silver_Age_01.jpg
197KB, 439x1024px
>>93759962
Storytiming comics is strictly done for educational purposes!
Nowadays some comics will be blocked from being uploaded by DMCA filters but it's possible to do other. Still, I prefer to storytime older comics that aren't on the market anymore and aren't high-profile.
>>
>>93756728

I read them in the orders of the trades, all in one shot (probably over a week, as I had a life then). I don't think it matters to follow it that chronologically, but would defer to others since it's been a while.

I don't think some of the stories of G3 are really some what OOC and can just be ignored as others have commented.

>>93760107
People pretty much story time the current issues of the major releases, always with the "Support the official release" and I think people that would do. I mean, I just re-read the two Superman arcs because I read both trades back to back, even though I had participated in and read both story-times when they went up here last summer.

I'd agree that older stuff is probably safer, but it doesn't seem to be an issue. Scans are also safer, which is what you'd be doing with Generations, since AFAIK and can recall, WB hasn't bothered releasing them as digitals (possibly a Byrne contract thing?) and they've been digitizing and releasing a ton of of the Elseworld stuff over the past few years.
>>
>>93756790
>>93757245
I think the 2008 story is the only one that remained canonical after the end.
>>
File: ew-superman-distant fires-00fc.jpg (461KB, 992x1538px) Image search: [Google]
ew-superman-distant fires-00fc.jpg
461KB, 992x1538px
>>93761695
2919 is still canon at the end of G3 somehow.
1939-2008 are in order and easy to manage chronologically but 2019 (I goofed earlier) 2919 are narrating stories from the 1920s.
Right now I was thinking of editing 2919 so that I start with the 1929 story, got 1939-2008, drop 2019, and do an edited 2919.
>>
>>93761695
>>93761894
IIRC Generations 1 and 2 are still canonical, while in 3 only the 2008 and the epilogue in 2919 stories are canonical.
>>
>>93761584
>WB hasn't bothered releasing them as digitals (possibly a Byrne contract thing?) and they've been digitizing and releasing a ton of of the Elseworld stuff over the past few years.

I think they just haven't found any usage for it yet other than Morrison including it in the Multiversity Guidebook. Funny thing, Byrne didn't seem pleased about it because his intent was that it was an "Imaginary Story" and to him Imaginary Story works differently than being an Elseworlds.
>>
>>93761894

Sounds like a plan. When are you planning on doing it - I'd like to read along, comment and bump it up.

I'd shoot for a weekend. Tuesdays/Wednesday are always booked with new comic story-times and sometimes those stay up to Thursday. There are no movies coming out like Spider-Man in the next few weeks so you should be good except for gossip and shitposts about MCU/DCEU which doesn't really matter for this.
>>
>>93763621
I'm thinking I'll start it this Friday and maybe finish it on Saturday. Thanks for weighing in.
>>
>>93763805
Be sure to block out a large chunk of time, storytiming takes ages now without a pass
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.