[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BENIS PARKER!!!! You're Always late!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 287
Thread images: 26

File: IMG_2814.jpg (184KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2814.jpg
184KB, 1400x700px
BENIS PARKER!!!! You're Always late!
>>
>>93753719
Can't wait for agent venom.
>>
The amount of diversity in this movie was fucking distracting
>>
>>93753784
For you maybe. I didn't notice because I was busy watching the fucking movie instead of daydreaming about what would /pol/ say about it.
>>
>>93753719
This is bullshit, this guy didn't shat all over Peter's street. Way tp destroy my suspension of disbelief!
>>
File: IMG_2372.png (731KB, 1000x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2372.png
731KB, 1000x660px
>>93753784

Boo hoo I can't focus on the movie if everyone in nyc, a very diverse place; doesn't look like me
>>
>>93753784
Imagine being this retarded.
>>
Was Flash at least a spiderman fanboy like the comics?That's what make him unique.
>>
>>93753719
three white kids in that picture are two too many!
>>
>>93753920
savage
>>
>>93753719
Flash is obviously gay for Peter, hence the genital obsession.
>>
>>93753784
you're a fucking dumbass, i went to school in brooklyn and this movie still seemed too white
>>
>>93754089
I guess Flash did acknowledge that Spiderman is cool or something, but he didn't act like a huge fanboy or anything. The closest instance I can think of was when he asked Spiderman if it was true he was friends with Peter Parker(I interpreted him as jealous here).
>>
File: Janna_-_Girls'_Day_Out_profile.png (634KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Janna_-_Girls'_Day_Out_profile.png
634KB, 720x960px
So I wasn't the only one reminded of pic related when they showed "MJ" right?
>>
It felt like Flash was secretly gay for Peter
>>
>>93753972
He's not Indian.
>>
>>93754036
>like me
Like the comic
Do you think that people will not be pissed if they do a Mexican black panther?
>>
>Pajeet is the alpha
What did they mean by this?
>>
Why is /pol/ so mad? Shouldn't they be happy that a brown kid is portrayed as a pathetic piece of shit who antagonizes a white boy for no good reason?
>>
>>93753719
How fucking sad is it. Bullied by a fuckin' pooistani manlet mathlete. Give dat nigga a swirlie, take him where he fears most.
>>
>>93754137
He lives in Queens you mong
>>
>>93754583
Because maybe everyone who criticizes this movie isn't /pol/. Flash was a weak part of the movie because this "bullying" is something out of the second grade
>>
>>93754557
The current generation is THAT testosterone-deficient.
>>
>>93754631
And most bullies are pretty childish. What's your point?
>>
>>93754698
He's so old that he doesn't realize that bullying is no longer shoving and swirlies like back in our day, but mostly cyberbullying and namecalling
>>
>>93754698
That he's not a bully and just has a weird homolust for Pete in this movie. He doesn't pick on him for his class, in fact it doesn't seem like he was really poor in the MCU, or anything he just calls him Penis and slaps his ass. He wasn't even better at academics so there's no punching down here at all. It's a terrible view of trolls and bullying of any era
>>
>>93754557
HES GUATEMALAN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>93754769
Except cyber bullying is "desu kys cuck " not "hehehe Penis". Are you actually underage
>>
>>93753784
Whites are a minority in NYC, sorry to break it to you.

My high school was less than 10% white.
>>
File: 1497221380311.jpg (39KB, 800x741px) Image search: [Google]
1497221380311.jpg
39KB, 800x741px
>>93753784

every time someone mentions spider-man homecoming's diverse cast i bust a hot load

i am now infertile
>>
>>93754603
Its just as diverse, dude.
>>
>>93754893
And whites still make up half the population. I don't care about diversity but when it's clearly shoe horned in there it's shit
>>
>>93753784
>The amount of diversity in this movie was fucking distracting
>I have never been to New York in my life
>>
>>93754814
no... I said he was namecalling because we live in the cyberbullying era where making life miserable (like a popular kid giving a loser kid a juvenile nickname) until the victim cries or kills themself is the end goal.

I'm guessing you don't understand bullies because you never encountered them?
you were the bully in your school. you never got bullied because it was you all along
>>
>>93755047
Have you been to a high school? Ever? That dumb shit would fly if he was an actual Chad but he was a manlet who got shit on by everyone. Flash did nothing to make his life hell except "Benis Barker xDDD". Like I said they should have focused it on his financial situation or at least have the balls to make a PG-13 insult instead of a TV-Y7 one. Nigga I'm posting on /co/ you don't think I've been bullied.
>>
File: 1496450547410.png (708KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496450547410.png
708KB, 640x640px
>Peter barely paying attention answers a question correctly embarrassing Flash in front of the whole class
>Peter coming back to the question answering quiz club is instantly welcomed by the teacher and Flash is told to give Peter his jacket despite Flash's objection
>Spidey stealing Flash's phone and car and wrecking it
Who's the real bully? All Flash did was call him "Penis Parker".
>>
>>93753784
Literally the only reason it was distracting for me was because it was a science High

It should have been purely Whites, Asians, and Indians

>Inb4 Flash is fine

He's Guatemalan
>>
>>93755171
remember the viral video of the manlet kid who was bullying this big fat kid and the big fat kid picks him up and basically suplexes him twice? and the utter media shitstorm that ensued defending the manlet bully?

Now imagine that manlet bully was super rich AND a minority

>>93755171
>who got shit on by everyone
He was a popular rich kid. He was the DJ at the cool kid house party (you think the vulture owned those turntables?), he sat with the popular kids at lunch. The teacher taking a swing at him to defend peter isn't really indicative of "everyone" shitting on him.
>>
File: 1391959771657.png (267KB, 355x385px) Image search: [Google]
1391959771657.png
267KB, 355x385px
>>93755216
>Flash is a huge coward and not even as brave as Peter without powers
>African kid and MJ constantly make fun of him to his face
>probably not even that much richer than MCU Peter
Really activates my almonds
>>
>>93753784
Do you live in New Hampshire or something?
>>
>>93755379
>He was the DJ at the cool kid house party (you think the vulture owned those turntables?)
Being a DJ isn't impressive now a days, I bet you the movie's budget he had a youtube play list going or just plugged his phone into an aux cable (then again that's how you can tell this movie was made by a board of execs).
>he sat with the popular kids at lunch.
Weren't those just his decathlon friends
>The teacher taking a swing at him to defend peter isn't really indicative of "everyone" shitting on him.
Peter was constantly late and did nothing responsible to help the team. Then Peter comes at the absolute last minute and the teacher kicks him off. Flash choked but at least was responsible to show up. No one respected this man at all. He didn't even bully Peter, if anything Pete's the bully.
>>
>>93754501
Bruh Black Panther being African is tied to his whole origin and identity. Flash being white doesn't have nearly as much importance than T'Challa being black.
>>
File: asdawcsa.jpg (639KB, 780x2419px) Image search: [Google]
asdawcsa.jpg
639KB, 780x2419px
>>93755419
>activating almonds in a Spiderman thread
>>
>>93755620
I always love how she completes the "gotcha" soon after the poison kicks in. May is a true keikaku master
>>
Attention everyone, Penis Parker AKA Iron Lad was crying.
>>
>>93755544
>>The teacher taking a swing at him to defend peter
Wait what? Like physically swinging at him? What the fuck? I don't remember this!
>>
>>93755855
It's a metaphor for the teacher being a dick verbally to flash in front of the other students
>>
>>93753719
Wait, there's a scene in this movie where Peter Parker is bullied by being referred to as 'Penis' Parker?

Thanks for letting me know not to waste my time. That's juvenile beyond words. That's Seth McFarlane-tier.
>>
>>93755855
Does Peter face any adversity in this movie? It seems like everyone is holding his hand and protecting him. What a baby, he has nothing to complain about. #hat an ungrateful douche canoe.
>>
>>93755927
That's one of the biggest problem with this movie. It feels like watching a 2 hour movie about how Peter acts before Uncle Ben got shot. He's incredibly selfish and reckless
>>
>>93756050
>He's incredibly selfish and reckless
So he's behaving like a teenager...? That's your problem?

>>93755908
>That's juvenile beyond words
Tell me about the masterfully crafted verbal insults the 15 year olds in your school use to berate each other with
>>
>>93756138
>Tell me about the masterfully crafted verbal insults the 15 year olds in your school use to berate each other with
The difference is we never had to pay to go to highschool.
>>
>>93756138
youve got a point, bullies aren't usually masters of subtlety

>those airhorns after his shitty jokes
had me laughing pretty hard tho ngl
>>
>>93753784
Is this really what it's like to be white and right-leaning? I genuinely can't imagine being this offended by the mere sight of more than one minority in a scene.
>>
>>93756138
>So he's behaving like a teenager...? That's your problem?
Yes, my problem is Peter Parker is not acting like Peter Parker. The "He's a teen" argument is dumb when he's been a high schooler in other adaptations yet still able to act like himself
>>
>>93755379
>the manlet kid who was bullying this big fat kid and the big fat kid picks him up and basically suplexes him twice? and the utter media shitstorm that ensued defending the manlet bully?
That would've made Pajeet Thompson at least somewhat interesting. Even if audiences would side with the snooty manlet like the braindead liberals they are.
>>
>>93756138
They were better than 'Penis'. That was used among five year olds.

>Murrica, I guess
>>
>>93756362
I thought everyone was praising the fat kid because the shrimpy fucker got bodied by someone who clearly didn't want a confrontation?
>>
>>93754434
>"Penis" Parker
>slapping his ass

Probably.
>>
>>93753784
Have you ever been to New York City?
>>
>>93753739
haha yes
>>
>>93753719
You know what? I'm going to come out and say it: I could totally buy this kid as Peter's bully. I mean, I went into the film with just as many reservations about this particular casting decisions as anyone else, but the more I saw of him the more he started to make perfect sense and the more I became convinced that the traditional depiction of Flash Thompson as a big, white jock who gives Peter swirlies wouldn't have worked.

Fire of all, you have to take into account the fact that Peter's school is clearly pretty affluent. It's a school for the best and the brightest: kids who have success and achievement in their future in whatever field they excel in. Sure, you could make a case for Flash being carried in on a football scholarship, but then you have to consider how Peter himself was depicted in this one.

Peter's less of your traditional 90s nerd and more of an outsider. Sure, he earns the animosity of some of the cooler kids for being kind of a loser, but he mostly just avoids them and they mostly just avoid him. He spends most of his time with like-minded people who travel within his social circle, i.e. similarly nerdy kids. Any interaction with the traditional Flash Thompson character would require either Peter of Flash to step willingly outside of their comfort zones to confront each other in what is ultimately an outdated and archaic form of bullying.

Which brings me to my last and final point: bullying has, for all intents and purposes, evolved. Gone are the days of Tyrannosaurus Chad going around and shoving nerds into lockers so he can show off in front of teenagers. Even when that type of behaviour was a more regular occurrence, it was often exaggerated beyond the suspension of disbelief. Not every jock is a meathead out to assert his social dominance on anyone who looks at him funny and not every nerd is a nice, cool kid who winds up a victim of circumstance.

>con't.
>>
>>93754501

Flash being Indian/pakistani doesn't matter, it isn't important to his character. You could say the same about him not being a football jock but times are changing so theres that

Meanwhile black panthers who thing is being black so you cant really change that.
>>
>>93756415
Don't forget, this is their best and brightest
>>
>>93753719
>peter never got to tell flash hes besties with spider-man
>peter crashed his car to get his comeuppance

the movie would have been 10x better if peter had gone as spidey to the party and then noticed the explosions

also, why the fuck did peter take flashes car when he can web swing? Was it to get revenge or was it because he was in a residential area with no way to web swing up?
>>
>>93756572
I knew a kid in AP who got straight As, but otherwise talked and acted like a complete retard.
>>
>>93756138
Flash could have and should have taunted him for being broke at a preppy rich kid school.
>You know what Parker, you're lucky your Aunt's hot. If she wasn't, she couldn't make such a good living on her back. How else could you afford to go here?
>>
>>93756590
He should have said Peter called him when he saved them in the elevator. That way Liz would have a better reason to say Pete knows Spider-Man in the car
>>
>>93756602
But this movie was written by adults. Supposedly competent adults, and the best they came up with was "Penis". "Kids acting dumb" isn't a cover for shit writing
>>
>>93756269
He's the freshfaced teen in this movie. After infinity wars we'll get college parker, who will act more like himself.
>>
>>93756613
Except Peter's not broke
>lives in a nice big NY apartment
>goes to a private school
>loses clothes and back pack and May just says "k cool"
>>
>>93756686
But he should already be acting like himself. One of the biggest selling points for this movie was that it's not an origin, Ben's already rotting six feet under.
>>
>>93756664
adults writing insults relatable and humorous to 6 year old kids as well as the adult audience

It's spider man. It's as much for the little kids as it is us.

this >>93756613
would have been too sophisticated to do ten times in the movie as a background thing.
>>
>>93753784
Dude it's New York City.
>>
>>93756501
It's never been that black and white and it's become even less so with the advent of social media. I'm only being slightly tongue in cheek when I say that kids these days are "woke". They have a constant stream of information just bombarding them with messages and agendas and ideology that seeps into their pores and forces them to grow up in unprecedented ways.

Kids these days are trendy. They're socially and politically aware. They're rebellious and anti-authority on a macro scale. They hashtag about social injustice and their feelings on all kinds of worldwide forums. They are altogether more and less mature than any generation of children that have gone before them.

So why not their bullies too?

I've seen examples of bullying today in schools like the one in Homecoming. Harmless shows of physical dominance are far and few between. Now, when someone picks on you, they go in for the kill and the best way to strike at a teenager's vulnerabilities is through words, not violence.

This movie's Flash is the kid I've seen a thousand times before: a rich, arrogant snob who knows he's set for life because his dad has it in with X or he's got an internship lined up at Y. He thinks having a Spotify playlist makes him a DJ and that having more followers than you on Instagram makes him a better person. He takes selfies and retweets whatever bullshit he thinks makes him look deeper than he is. And then one day some know-it-all comes along and has the audacity to make him feel small. That's a real, modern day bully -- an insecure little chode who talks about you behind your back, stabs you in the back whenever he gets a chance and tries to paint you as the asshole when you snap.

That's what this Flash was - subtle and manipulative. Enough so that even I wanted to punch him in his smug little face knowing that he would use the opportunity to paint me as a psychopath on his social media pages. That's the kind of Flash that would exist today.
>>
>>93756613
But see, the personal, directed attack thing takes it too far. The audience would have hated him after that rather than just be annoyed by him. The audience has to appreciate peter for ignoring him but not actively want peter to beat his face in

contrary to >>93756664 , this movie was written by adults, and they had to make Flash the bully without making him completely hated by the audience. That's why he gets the traditional g-rated comeuppance - his dad is going to be so mad about that car! He's in trouble guys! instead of say, being collateral damage in the vulture fight
>>
>>93756590
The buildings are too low in Queens. they made sure to give you at least three occasions where he falls flat on his face because he runs out of buildings or he has to run because there's nothing high enough for him to latch onto in the movie so you'd be able to come to the conclusion that that's why by the third act.
>>
>>93756737
Yes, but this is marvel. They have like eight spiderman movies planned with this actor already. They're leaving space for character development, I'm sure.
>>
>>93756759
>It's spider man. It's as much for the little kids as it is us.
Are you really bringing out the Jar-Jar excuse? Little kids are dumb and will laugh at the word pudding. They'll also grow up so write something that will last with them all through out their life.
>would have been too sophisticated to do ten times in the movie as a background thing.
Then don't make him a "modern day" bully. Kids still get beat up and will always be beat up
>>
>>93756813
>Kids these days are trendy
NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT KIDS THESE DAYS. It's also a good way to date your movie really quick.
>>
>>93756851
Welp, I just thought those scenes were to show that hes a kid and misjudged how much webbing he'd actually need to make a good swing
>>
>>93756896
>caring about dating your movie
>at all

Timelessness is a fucking meme. Creating a strong established setting is far better than clinging to stock tropes just because they've "always been there".
>>
>>93756896
>NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT KIDS THESE DAYS.
Except for kids these days, i.e., the primary target of this movie, you out-of-touch fuck.
>>
>>93756860
Kids get their asses beat for talking shit or being fags (both senses of the term). I'd rather Flash be knocked down a peg in height rather than risk turning Peter into an unlikable jackass.
>>
>>93756813
But the problem with all of this is that a bully like that wouldn't stoop to Penis Parker.

He'd photoshop a dick on Peter's face and spread it all over social media. Or if he was genre-savvy enough, start a witchhunt for Peter's white male privilege.
>>
>>93756859
Then people should stop praising it for not being an origin story when it obviously was. In fact it's worse because it's two hours of what was a few minutes in the other movies. Don't these movies go back to sony after this anyways? Also
>MCU movies
>character development
>>
>>93756860
>Jar-Jar excuse
nice straw man. and no. I'm saying it had to be a bully little kids will recognize from their young life experience as well as one we will recognize from ours, so it's not sophisticated bullying. It's schoolyard namecalling, something that is universally understandable for both age demographics.

>>93756860
>Then don't make him a "modern day" bully. Kids still get beat up and will always be beat up
The point of the spider man movie is to show being heroic is about having restraint, that's why he's a good guy and a role model and not the punisher. Flash has to tip toe up to the line but not cross it.

read this guy's shit >>93756813
if you still don't understand why Flash was a verbal bully and not a physical bully
>>
File: 187975238560.png (570KB, 719x832px) Image search: [Google]
187975238560.png
570KB, 719x832px
>>93755620
What comic is this from? I'd love to see more of this.
>>
>>93756566
>>93756566
ohohoho what about a black panther thats actually white, since you love diversity im sure you would love that
>>
>>93756927
>LOOK AT ME IM ON MY SMART PHONE RECORDING VERTICALLY
>WHOA TEXTING
>BENIS PARKER
>PROTESTING GUYS!! STAY AWAKENED
>strong setting
Write something good and you don't have to rely on shitty fads that will die in two minutes

>>93756962
Enjoy your shitty flash in the pan movie, guess I shouldn't expect studios to try.
>>
>>93757011
The Sensational Spider-Man, vol 31.
>>
>>93756965
They already did that
>>
>>93756985
it's not a peter parker becomes a superhero origin story, which is what people are praising

it is indeed a "spiderman becomes a responsible hero" origin story, though, which seems to be your problem. I'm sorry this spider man isn't as up to date at the version you're familiar with, but this is a new character for a new generation. This is their first spider man movie and possibly their first major introduction to him. Those "other movies" you like were designed to be modern spider man in a three movie trilogy. This spider man is designed to grow up with the audience over 8 movies like harry potter.
>>
>>93757081
Enjoy your prune juice, you self-aggrandizing old fuck.
>>
>>93755605
>black man's identity is important because black
>white kids identity isn't important because white.

Black Panther could easily be a Boer and still be as appropriate anon. But that wouldn't be good enough for you, would it?
>>
>>93756988

>I'm saying it had to be a bully little kids will recognize from their young life experience as well as one we will recognize from ours, so it's not sophisticated bullying.
It wasn't a strawman, Jar Jar was made because Lucas thought children were dumb pieces of shit. A person who's more well off than another and going out of their way to state that is obvious. Rich assholes are done like that on Nick Jr for chist sake. And if that's too hard then use someone who's physically larger like, I don't know, how Flash Thompson was already.

>The point of the spider man movie is to show being heroic is about having restraint
By ruining a guys car because he called him a name. A real hero.

I understand but the verbal bullying was poorly written
>>
>>93753719
>0 spurdo in this thread
>>
>>93757151
Go back to watching TBBT and posting about how "incredibly quirky and nerdy xDD" you are
>>
>>93755927
>>93756050

yeah, he does. Mostly from Tony and Happy being complete self-centered dicks. And gods damn, were they 100% dicks.

but other than that...no, not really. Vulture does give Pete a run for his money in the fights, but nothing overwhelmingly. His friends/team-mates are all amazingly accepting of his flakiness. Aunt May has a bit of a break down, that's over pretty much as soon as Pete cries about loosing his internship.
>>
>>93753784

So you've seen New York or been in any multicultural city huh?
>>
>>93757114
This is just marvel jerking itself off again for two hours instead of doing anything interesting
>>
>>93757170
Some characters are white because that's the norm and it's just an average dude who SUDDENLY POWERS

Some characters are minorities who go through racist stuff that shape their world views, which informs their behaviour when their powers kick in

Saying someone like captain america, an all american, ww2 hero who fought nazis, could have been cast as black or asian without being jarring, or black panther, an african king/diplomat from an african country with african views could have been white without feeling like appropriation, is not the same as saying, I don't know, Happy the bodyguard who wants to get promoted MUST be white.
>>
File: dopethemovie.jpg (298KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
dopethemovie.jpg
298KB, 1280x800px
>>93753719

glad to see the actors from dope go somewhere

shameik moore is gonna play miles morales

and i think kiersey is in justice league
>>
>>93756263
eh, it's a bit further than "right-leaning." That being said, after spending twenty years with identity politics and related arguments being screamed through all different media about how "erasing people's identities is bad" and "identities matter" it's a bit hard to not buy in and want to hold people to the same standard.

so when you see "your people" being erased for the sake of "Diversity" it stops being "oh cool people" and more "why are they erasing my people for those other guys when they scream how bad that is when it happens to them?"

most people have an aversion to hypocrisy. And these days "diversity" is virtually nothing but hypocrisy.
>>
>>93757253
>Mostly from Tony and Happy being complete self-centered dicks. And gods damn, were they 100% dicks.
That was mainly the poor script and contractual obligations from Sony. Tony apparently cares about Peter but hasn't talked to him or trained him at all since Civil War. All that shit about "I believed in you, that's why I dragged you out to a personal fight and never spoke to you again" was shit. Happy on the other hand is just a body guard so Peter blowing up his phone is probably really annoying.
>>
>>93757264
Neither have you you upper class suburban cuck

>shameik moore is gonna play miles morales
I hope he gets Trayvon'd. Miles in universe and the actor
>>
>>93757309
enjoy the (You)>>93757388
>>
>>93757200
Spiderman didn't intentionally fuck up Flash's car. He didn't drive it into a wall while screaming "fuck you" in front of Flash. His accidental trashing of the car doesn't diminish the audience's view of him.

>>93757200
>Rich assholes are done like that on Nick Jr for chist sake
Almost like this is a common character because it is so recognizable and relatable?

Marvel isn't treating kids like dumbshits, but they are trying to broaden certain character aspects to apply to childhoods we are too out of touch to understand.

Could they have used a more sophisticated insult than a genital/name swap? Yes. Do 15 year olds bother in real life? No. I'm not sure how you mean to come across but I feel like you're annoyed that they didn't reinvent the bullying wheel. It's like if you were mad someone used the middle finger instead of making up a new and clever and very specific hand gesture designed to be vulgar only to peter.

Being physically large doesn't mean anything anymore when it comes to bully effectiveness. Nor does creativity.
>>
>>93757280
>doing anything interesting
define this. Seriously, besides the tech suit angle, what could they have done with spiderman that would have been new and fresh and unique while also staying true to his roots?
>>
>>93757388

Nice projecting with a dash of assumption.
I'm from Toronto and have family in New York.
Here's your (You).
>>
>>93757350
this will sound pedantic, but they're not erasing "your people", they're just making room for everyone else. The loss of invisible privileges you didn't realize you had isn't the same as hypocritical identity erasure.
>>
>>93757357
Happy is a babysitter, and he totally doesn't want to be. Tony treats Peter like a child but expects him to act like an adult. Peter feels ignored, because he leaves messages all the time and gets no response. Tony contacts him to tell him "Don't do that" but not to give positive feedback. He doesn't bother to train or actually mentor the kid. Tony is a shitty mentor, and that's not surprising given his own father was rather absent.

It's not bad writing. It explains why Peter tries so hard to get Tony's attention, trying to do the right thing but ultimately acting recklessly. He may have superpowers, but he's still just a kid, and the best validation we see him get is a churro.
>>
>>93756813
While I do agree with you, I think the movie still undermined him by everyone just liking Peter more.

Flash is shown to be not as smart as Peter and gets his answers wrong. Everyone in the team seems to like Peter more. Hell, the school seems to like him considering he wasn't expelled for ditching a frikkin Decathlon and this is mainly because he's a genius in a school meant for geniuses.

This is further offset that, for all intents and purposes, Peter really isn't a loser. Sure he has one kid who bullies him but everyone else doesn't really antagonize him. It just makes Flash seem really spiteful and petty.

And that's why i think Flash doesn't work in this movie. Flash is meant to be a bully but in the movie he only attacks Peter to the point you you could argue is sorta repressed homo feelings. If they wanted him to be effective, he should also bully Ned and other losers. He should be showing off his shit like a proud peacock not a spiteful bitch.
>>
>>93757443
>Almost like this is a common character because it is so recognizable and relatable?
>Marvel isn't treating kids like dumbshits, but they are trying to broaden certain character aspects to apply to childhoods we are too out of touch to understand.
They didn't broaden them at all. Every Flash scene is a Penis joke or a Flash gets shit on joke. They did worse than the Nick Jr versions

>Could they have used a more sophisticated insult than a genital/name swap? Yes. Do 15 year olds bother in real life? No. I'm not sure how you mean to come across but I feel like you're annoyed that they didn't reinvent the bullying wheel. It's like if you were mad someone used the middle finger instead of making up a new and clever and very specific hand gesture designed to be vulgar only to peter.
Again, this movie is written by adults. Kids say dumb shit on the fly and think they're clever but someone being paid millions better be clever. Flash is already physically weaker so make him have what he lacks in strength in wit. My problem is they didn't try
>Being physically large doesn't mean anything anymore when it comes to bully effectiveness. Nor does creativity.
Shiggy Diggy
>>
>>93757499
Take the movie seriously and don't feel the need to nudge the audience ever second.
>>
>>93757581
>abloo abloo the billionaire I just met has to drop everything and validate me.
Please tell me Peter isn't that big a cunt in this?
>>
>>93757572
>I'm from Toronto
So I was right. Open your ass wider for that cultural enrichment
>>
>>93757577
>invisible privileges
Kill yourself in front of your parents
>>
>>93757611
You could watch the movie and find out how much you're oversimplifying his character.
>>
File: 1481556229518.jpg (9KB, 164x220px) Image search: [Google]
1481556229518.jpg
9KB, 164x220px
>>93757638
>america is literally mm minority majority under 6
>>
>>93757610
>Take the movie seriously
define this. I'm not goalpost moving. I literally want you to explain to me like I'm stupid how they could have made this character new and take it seriously in a way that is totally different than the five other spider man movies and bazillion superhero movies that came before it.
>>
>>93757611
I'm not just talking about validation. Tony puts training wheels on the kid but doesn't bother to train him. "I wanted you to be better than me." Fucking how when his only guidance is "Don't do anything I would/wouldn't do."
>>
>>93757660
Why? Because you don't like it when anons on the internet call you out for being white and accidentally racist?
>>
>>93756263
>Is this really what it's like to be white and right-leaning?

That, and having a job.

You wouldn't like it.
>>
>>93757581
>Happy is a babysitter, and he totally doesn't want to be.
Happy has a job to do and it's not watch Peter.
>Tony treats Peter like a child but expects him to act like an adult.
Maybe he should act with some responsibility. I mean he does have all that power.
> Peter feels ignored, because he leaves messages all the time and gets no response.
Because he blows up Happy's phone. The man works for Stark and has other shit to do. Peter just sounds like a cunt who thinks everything should revolve around him
>ony contacts him to tell him "Don't do that" but not to give positive feedback. He doesn't bother to train or actually mentor the kid. Tony is a shitty mentor, and that's not surprising given his own father was rather absent.
That's where the weak writing kicks in. Apparently Tony thinks of Peter as a protege of sorts but he hasn't acted like that at all. Suddenly during the events of the movie they respond, but that's only to catch the audience up on what the characters know. Also we see Tony just chilling instead of getting much needed info or even some slight info on how Civil War has effected things. Not much apparently just an off hand joke.
>>
>>93757742
Jesus, what is it like to constantly have these thoughts of prejudices and white genocide buzzing around in your head at all hours of the day? To see a non-white person do anything and instantly jump to thinking of ways to flip your shit about them?

When I see a white person or a non-white person not from my race, I don't give a flying shit. I barely even give them a second glance unless they're particularly interesting looking or they're trying to interact with me.

How do you just walk around all day thinking "cuck nigger faggot jew cuck nigger faggot jew" and not want to kill yourself?
>>
>>93757577
>but they're not erasing "your people", they're just making room for everyone else

Can you explain how these are not the same thing?
>>
>>93757693
>constantly texting Happy who's just Stark's body guard to get to Tony
>expecting Tony, who just got done with and is dealing with the after math of Civil War, to drop everything for you
Yeah oversimplification
>>
if they honestly wanted to be realistic the entire cast should've been asian
>>
>>93753784
dont watch captain planet then anon
>>
>>93757070

Anon did you even read what i said, black panthers whole thing is being a black guy

Compare that to If you take a character thats white, being white isnt their character and make them black or asian then literally not happens because they arent tied to their race.

Like honestly if you were to make peter parker and peter parker alone, im not talking about miles; black then literally nothing changes, hes still the same peter parker
>>
>>93757823
Our media used to be 100% white even though the population isn't. That became the norm - everything and everyone is white because that's the way its always been.

The current population in any major city is no longer 100% white. So the media reflects this, by making room for movies/shows/characters who are not white.

Because all of a sudden (the last 10-15 years) not everything is 100% white, it feels like white representation is being erased, when really there is just way more media with way more stuff in it. There is still 100% white stuff, but now we also have 50% black/mexican stuff, 30% lgbt stuff, and 20% asian stuff.

So we have 200% of the stuff we used to have, but we notice more because it's not all white.

That's not the same as banning white characters from everything, removing existing white characters from existing shows, and preventing white characters/shows/movies from existing ever again.
>>
>>93756694
I think hes okay. He has to build his own computer from parts he found in a trash can or something
>>
>>93757700
Have a scene be dramatic without having to pause for a laugh. Vulture kills the Shocker but we have to stop for a joke. Happy is here to congratulate Peter but we stop for a joke. Ganke doesn't shut his mouth because of constant jokes. The only dramatic scene is in the car and it is poor because he threatens to kill him yet doesn't just do it when given the chance multiple times on the beach. Allow characters to interact without having to banter back and forth.

Don't rely on the fact you have a sequel to not use this movie to it's fullest. Not fleshing out characters and wasting time on characters barely in it is terrible. And if you are going to bank on the "connected universe" thing use it wisely instead of "Hey kids, it's Iron Man!". Show how he was effected by other movies and what the possible state of affairs is like in the universe now.
>>
>>93757697
>minority
>majority
What
>>
>>93757735
Nigger I ain't even white. Go blog about it on tumblr
>>
File: 1313635671967.jpg (81KB, 274x268px) Image search: [Google]
1313635671967.jpg
81KB, 274x268px
>>93756813
>They're rebellious and anti-authority on a macro scale.
Is that why they want a big government that monitors everything down to everyday speech, in case anybody says something Problematic?
>>
>>93758066
Bugs knows what's up
>>
>>93753719
>Flash went from an alpha asshole who later redeems himself and ends up being bro tier to a closeted manlet who will never develop as a character

Great.
>>
>>93755620
Wait... Did May just murder him? Or is arsenic something you can barf up and be kinda okay?
>>
>>93754137
New York sounds horrid.
>>
>Michelle bullied Peter more than Flash
>>
>>93758100
>Flash went from a one-dimensional roid rage bully who gets laid flat by Peter in one scene to a one-dimensional roid rage bully who gets laid flat by Peter in one scene to a slightly less one-dimensional weaselly douchebag who is understandably disliked for his abrasive personality.

Fix'd.
>>
>>93757981
>Vulture kills the Shocker but we have to stop for a joke

That wasn't really a joke, that was the vulture making a mistake and the audience laughing at how fucked up the situation was

>>93757981
>Have a scene be dramatic without having to pause for a laugh.
The entire scene when Peter finds out vulture is the dad is super awkward without trying to be funny, and lasts all the way through the car ride. Happy, peter, and ganke are kind of annoying with the jokes but that's how they are.

>>93757981
>The only dramatic scene is in the car and it is poor because he threatens to kill him yet doesn't just do it when given the chance multiple times on the beach.
The bad guy threatens to kill a kid he likes but can't actually do it after beating the shit out of him. It's doesn't diminish vulture as a villain, it just makes him human, and gives peter a reason to want to save him rather than just saying "fuck this guy" and letting him blow up.

>>93757981
>Show how he was effected by other movies and what the possible state of affairs is like in the universe now.

Considering how many people hated the extended universe stuff of iron man and cap psas, I'm not sure they should have spent more time just talking about the state of affairs in the MCU. They did a lot already - superheroes have penetrated pop culture consciousness, superhero shit is being taught in classrooms. The bad guy's job is literally stealing alien/ultron tech from the government. What else could they have included from the other movies?
>>
>>93758032
So you want me to kill myself because I offended non-white you by saying white people have privilege in white society they don't realize they have?

I'm sure that makes sense to you.
>>
>>93758129
>We are supposed to like her despite her being a bitch the whole movie because her name is MJ
>>
>>93758111
drinking arsenic straight up kills people

aunt may has a body count
>>
>>93758182
That's fair, but I wasn't making a comparison between all 3 adaptations, which have all been lackluster. (though the raimi movies were before Agent Venom so they have an excuse)
>>
>>93757810
Nobody does that IRL, it's just online bants
>>
>>93753784
>"But that's what Queens looks like in the current year of 2017!!!"
>>
>>93758129
There's a difference between "everyone look at penis parker and laugh" and "you're so dumb you loser can I follow you to detention and stare at you for three hours... to, uh, draw fanart of you?"
>>
>>93758218
>That wasn't really a joke, that was the vulture making a mistake and the audience laughing at how fucked up the situation was
It was written as a joke, don't play dumb

>The entire scene when Peter finds out vulture is the dad is super awkward without trying to be funny, and lasts all the way through the car ride.
Some parts were played for laughs like Peter's awkwardness when he shoved the corsage at Liz
>The bad guy threatens to kill a kid he likes but can't actually do it after beating the shit out of him. It's doesn't diminish vulture as a villain, it just makes him human, and gives peter a reason to want to save him rather than just saying "fuck this guy" and letting him blow up.
Nigga you what. The Vulture just threatened to kill him and everyone he loves. He's already a sociopath he lost one government contract and decided to resort to crime. Also Peter should have saved him regardless, he's the hero
>Considering how many people hated the extended universe stuff of iron man and cap psas, I'm not sure they should have spent more time just talking about the state of affairs in the MCU. They did a lot already - superheroes have penetrated pop culture consciousness, superhero shit is being taught in classrooms.
That's my point. They wasted time with jokes instead of important plot points. This is the first movie we see Tony or Steve post civil war and they're just here for jokes
>The bad guy's job is literally stealing alien/ultron tech from the government. What else could they have included from the other movies?
Have the Vulture and the rest of the not sinister six be their own thing instead of "muh battle of New York". It's that simple
>>
WHEN I SAY PENIS YOU SAY
>>
>>93758250
You should kill yourself for using the word privilege in that context. It makes perfect sense, people like you deserve the gas chamber
>>
File: IMG_4936.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4936.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
>>93758361
>The party scene
>"Am I really here? Am I?"
What the fuck did she mean by this?
>>
>>93757791
>Happy has a job to do and it's not watch Peter.
Tony made that part of his job.
>I mean he does have all that power.
Yeah, and most teens with superpowers would act way less responsibly than Peter does, especially if they're unsupervised.
>we see Tony just chilling
Exactly. Tony is phoning this mentorship in and not putting in the effort.

A lot of this is Tony's fault. Peter was just doing street-level shit until Tony came along, gave him a super-suit, dragged him to Germany to fight other superheroes (which he knew Spider-Man wasn't ready for but he did it anyway), and then leaves Peter with the suit and no real guidance.
>>
>>93758403
PARKER IS TONY STARK'S PERSONAL COCKSLEEVE!
>>
>>93758268
>He was foiled when she figured out he was not her nephew and drugged him with oatmeal cookies laced with Mary Jane's Ambien.

He's still alive.
>>
>>93758403
I laughed at how over the top that scene was
>>
>>93758421
She's foreshadowing her being retconned with a white red head with a passion for drama and acting in Spiderman Homecoming 2
>>
>>93754557
He just seemed like the rich asshole of the school, at least that was what he seemed like in a few scenes like when he was driving his dad's car
>>
>>93758455
Please
>>
>>93758268
never underestimate a mama bear protecting it's cub.

especially when said mama bear is the mother of a freaking superhero (aunt, whatever).
>>
>>93758426
>Tony made that part of his job.
Was this in the movie?
>Yeah, and most teens with superpowers would act way less responsibly than Peter does, especially if they're unsupervised.
But he's never unsupervised and he still acts like a shit
>Exactly. Tony is phoning this mentorship in and not putting in the effort.
Then why did he get so pissy and say "I believed in you!" and all that. In one scene he's just "fuck you kid" and the next he's "oh no i was always worried about you"
>>
>>93757638

So you've never been to Toronto?
Got it.
>>
>>93758394
>It was written as a joke, don't play dumb
Fair, it was a joke, but I'm arguing it wasn't vulture making a joke to tinkerer about murdering someone

>>93758394
>Some parts were played for laughs like Peter's awkwardness when he shoved the corsage at Liz
Sure, but that doesn't break the awkwardness, that's in character and isn't a quip

>>93758394
>The Vulture just threatened to kill him and everyone he loves. He's already a sociopath he lost one government contract and decided to resort to crime.
Vulture talks big to threaten somebody, then drops a building on his head. But then doesn't kill a kid the same age as his daughter with his own two hands in a fistfight. That's not weird. That killing would have been way more personal and he didn't cross that line. They build up vulture as a family man just making an easy buck because fuck stark. And he's not a sociopath for resorting to crime. No part of that character is an unhinged serial killer. He doesn't even want to beat up peter initially, he makes shocker do it.

>This is the first movie we see Tony or Steve post civil war and they're just here for jokes
Because we're following spider man this movie, not either of those two. We have no idea what shit they're up to. What important plot points did you expect them to reveal about captain america in the "spiderman tries to impress iron man" movie?

>>93758394
>Have the Vulture and the rest of the not sinister six be their own thing
But then they would be removed from the greater universe, which is the thing you're arguing they shouldn't do? The battle of new york was the world-changing moment. That was when the world found out about aliens and superheroes on the same day. Yes, they're going to keep talking about that, because a million dead aliens driving a million hoverthings dropped a million guns and those all still exist.
>>
>>93758562
Was your late reply from a truck of peace hitting your house
>>
>>93758111
She was bluffing, Chameleon is just retarded enough to fall for it.
>>
>>93758418
Ok, before I jump in the gas chamber herr non-white anon, please rephrase my offensive term with a single word about white people being full of themselves without realizing it without using the dreaded "p" word.
>>
>>93758111
Well Ultimate May shot the shit out of Electro and slapped Captain America.
>>
>>93758571
>He doesn't even want to beat up peter initially, he makes shocker do it.
Oh what a nice guy, that really changes everything.
>>
>>93758421
She's a loser like them. She knows no one is going to notice she was there.

Alternatively, she was just being a edgy contrarian like she always is.
>>
>>93758617
It doesn't change anything. He's not a nice guy, he just doesn't want to murder some punk ass kid trying to do the right thing. He tells peter he gets it in the warehouse. Shocker isn't there to kill peter either, just prevent spiderman from stopping them from stealing a plane.

In keeping with his 'stay under the radar' thing, he's not particularly interested in murdering fancy-school teenagers. Other criminals disappear all the time, so killing shocker 1 who just threatened his family doesn't bother him or his plans as much.
>>
>>93758611
>Well Ultimate May shot the shit out of Electro
wew, what volume?
>>
>>93758571
>Fair, it was a joke, but I'm arguing it wasn't vulture making a joke to tinkerer about murdering someone
But it's a joke for the audience. It was intended to be laughed at. Every joke that's funny for the audience doesn't have to be funny for the characters

>Sure, but that doesn't break the awkwardness, that's in character and isn't a quip
It breaks the tension with a laugh. I never even used the word quip

>Vulture talks big to threaten somebody, then drops a building on his head. But then doesn't kill a kid the same age as his daughter with his own two hands in a fistfight. That's not weird. That killing would have been way more personal and he didn't cross that line.
He threatens him with a gun ten minutes later plus it wasn't established that he wouldn't cross that line. If anything it was emphasized he was ready to at anytime.
>They build up vulture as a family man just making an easy buck because fuck stark. And he's not a sociopath for resorting to crime.
He lost one contract and went to crime.
No part of that character is an unhinged serial killer.
Did you forget where he threatened to kill a teen and everyone he loves
>He doesn't even want to beat up peter initially, he makes shocker do it.
What a hero!
>Because we're following spider man this movie, not either of those two. We have no idea what shit they're up to. What important plot points did you expect them to reveal about captain america in the "spiderman tries to impress iron man" movie?
I'm saying don't use Cap at all if you're just going to make a joke. As for Tony some lines about something would be nice "Kid I'm busy with the UN I can't baby sit you all day". Instead we get nothing

>But then they would be removed from the greater universe, which is the thing you're arguing they shouldn't do? The battle of new york was the world-changing moment.
But it's responsible for everything in this universe. If not that it's Iron Man. It's just "member the avengers"
>>
>>93758515
>Was this in the movie?
Yes.
>But he's never unsupervised
What? He's never supervised. The suit spies on him, but that's not the same thing.
>he still acts like a shit
No, he doesn't. At worst he acts like a teen who is super-excited to 1. have superpowers and 2. be noticed by a mega-rich superhero celebrity.
>Then why did he get so pissy and say "I believed in you!" and all that. In one scene he's just "fuck you kid" and the next he's "oh no i was always worried about you"
That doesn't at all negate what I said.
>>
I came into this movie expecting to see nice old frail aunt may

Instead i got a rather attractive middle aged woman, that i would definitely fuck.

Pleasantly surprised.
>>
File: 14567876589000006.png (182KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
14567876589000006.png
182KB, 442x341px
>>93753784
Is there any place on earth that is entirely white to the point where a person finds it jarring to see so many non-whites in film? Hell, even Canada is 65% Asian.
>>
>>93753920
>>93754036
>>93754086
>>93754137
>>93754880
>>93756263
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlk1gZr_wSQ
>>
>>93758790
You know when you think about it it's never made much sense that Peter was a teenage and his aunt and uncle were fucking shuffling corpses. His parents would have had to have had him pretty late in the game for the Aunt May and Uncle Ben situation to be plausible and even then Aunt May has always looked like she was at least 70 something.
>>
>>93758772
>Yes.
When was this?
>What? He's never supervised. The suit spies on him, but that's not the same thing.
Having your every movement at all times recorded isn't supervision?
>No, he doesn't. At worst he acts like a teen who is super-excited to 1. have superpowers and 2. be noticed by a mega-rich superhero celebrity.
Do you mean: a shit
>That doesn't at all negate what I said.
Those two moments completely conflict with each other due to poor writing like I said
>>
>>93758797
Poland
>>
>>93758797
The people who make comments like the one you replied either grew up in a community of people who specifically moved away from the population of non-whites or is a /pol/lack who is well aware that non-whites are all over the place but who is personally offended by it to the point where seeing it makes their blood boil.
>>
ITT: /co/mblr is real
>>
>>93753719
wait, this is the new flash thompson?
he looks like a total pussy
that little queen would have been murdered at my old highschool
are all kids pussies nowadays or is this some special circumstance?
>>
>>93758763
>But it's a joke for the audience. It was intended to be laughed at.
Fine, but that moment of levity doesn't take away the fact that Vulture was not reacting emotionally to his first murder.

>>93758763
>It breaks the tension with a laugh. I never even used the word quip
No, I'm using the word quip as shorthand for "sassy joke one character banters to another character". Yes it breaks the tension momentarily, but then cuts back to how awkward and scared peter is. It heightens the fear, rather than breaking it.

>>93758763
>He lost one contract and went to crime.
No, the government shows up and steals his entire business, knowingly bankrupts him and tells him he's stupid for doing something that needed to be done that he had no idea they were going to prevent him from doing, and then pulled guns on him after mocking him.

>>93758763
>Did you forget where he threatened to kill a teen and everyone he loves
No. But he's waving a gun around and talking to a kid, not another hardened criminal. Vulture is just trying to make peter shit his pants. He's not actually about to shoot peter in front of the school in front of all the kids taking selfies.

>>93758763
>What a hero!
I'm not arguing he's a hero. I'm arguing vulture doesn't actually want to kill peter. He just wants peter to fuck off.

>>93758763
>I'm saying don't use Cap at all if you're just going to make a joke
The point they're making is in the extended universe, cap and his idealism is kind of an outdated hyper-patriotic symbol that no one takes seriously. That's the meta-shit you're asking for. Outside perspectives of the superheroes by average citizens.

>>93758763
>As for Tony some lines about something would be nice "Kid I'm busy with the UN I can't baby sit you all day"
Tony is implied to be busy with a million things, do we need to be spoonfed his day to day schedule? We get nothing because again, from spider man's perspective, he's getting nothing.
>>
>>93758969
The school is exclusively populated by academically gifted and children, most of them are wealthy and he's really more of an annoying rich prick who keeps taking shots at Peter than a traditional "fight me after school" type bully.
>>
>>93758763
>But it's responsible for everything in this universe. If not that it's Iron Man. It's just "member the avengers"
Yes, because if they just add more random aliens we haven't heard about, people will find it lazy. They're trying to keep the billion dollar movie everyone remembers the central aspect, and not the side-adventures half the audience hasn't seen, which the other movies represent.

They can and will add more villains and powers/tech and shit, but they'll relate it to the rest of the world somehow, and the easiest way is tony stark, who inspired every country to try and recreate his shit, who built the iron legion, and got the mk2 reverse-engineered by the government, and caused ultron to cover part of the world with dead alien robot tech.

They can only make the macguffin a random alien artifact thor dropped or a world war 2 bad guy who was in hiding so many times.
>>
>>93753719
Why didn't Parker just kick his shit in? I mean look at that girly looking poo in the loo faggot, dude doesn't look like he wouldn't weigh 100Ibs soaking wet.
>>
>>93758981
>Fine, but that moment of levity doesn't take away the fact that Vulture was not reacting emotionally to his first murder.
He just reacted to it like he was embarrassed in two seconds he desecrates the man's remains and makes the black dude Shocker

> Yes it breaks the tension momentarily, but then cuts back to how awkward and scared peter is. It heightens the fear, rather than breaking it.
Not for the audience. You've laughed, the tension in the scene was broken and you were relieved of anything you were feeling

>No, the government shows up and steals his entire business, knowingly bankrupts him and tells him he's stupid for doing something that needed to be done that he had no idea they were going to prevent him from doing, and then pulled guns on him after mocking him.
Damage Control is just for super hero shit. It looks like he dealt in construction which there's plenty of in NYC

>No. But he's waving a gun around and talking to a kid, not another hardened criminal. Vulture is just trying to make peter shit his pants. He's not actually about to shoot peter in front of the school in front of all the kids taking selfies.
I know my point is when given the chance to kill him a few minutes earlier he doesn't. No where is it shown that he's against killing, all signs point to this man is unhinged and will kill, but he doesn't because it's almost like he read the script

>I'm not arguing he's a hero. I'm arguing vulture doesn't actually want to kill peter. He just wants peter to fuck off.
He doesn't give orders to leave him alive. For all he knew Peter could have died in that fight. Probably would have if Ganke hadn't shown up
>>
>>93758981
>The point they're making is in the extended universe, cap and his idealism is kind of an outdated hyper-patriotic symbol that no one takes seriously. That's the meta-shit you're asking for. Outside perspectives of the superheroes by average citizens.
But it's been established everyone takes Cap as a serious war hero, that was just for the audience and doesn't make sense in universe. Maybe if they had used his TFA costume it would have landed better

>Tony is implied to be busy with a million things, do we need to be spoonfed his day to day schedule? We get nothing because again, from spider man's perspective, he's getting nothing.
He has a million things to do because he runs a company no shit but I mean movie context. Remember his best friend is a cripple, his new bff betrayed him, he just learned how his parents really died, the avengers just broke up after a huge fight, and now members are rogue out there with an A-Team thing going on. That's not just something to hand wave
>>
>>93759073
Or just have a person who's smart with tech and can build their own shit. It's not that hard or complicated
>>
File: Scarlet504.jpg (70KB, 645x389px) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet504.jpg
70KB, 645x389px
>>93753719
>that's meant to be Flash
>the guy that bully and tormented Parker then went on to be a soldier and later Agent Venom
>him
>that fucking midget nerd thing that I would have bullied back in school
>he's Flash

I still can't wrap my head around the decisions made for this film. Was Slott involved? that's the only thing I can come up with because so much was done to just shit over Spider-Man and it's history. I'm convinced this was supposed to be a Miles movie.
>>
>>93759184
>He just reacted to it like he was embarrassed in two seconds he desecrates the man's remains
So the gang boss kills a subordinate that was disrespecting him in front of his other subordinates, and that seems out of character to you? He accidentally kills a dude and doesn't miss a beat. He goes "ok that happened" and moves on with his life to tell his other guys not to fuck with him.

>>93759184
>You've laughed, the tension in the scene was broken and you were relieved of anything you were feeling
I mean, I reacted differently, the laugh gave me slight emotional whiplash and made going back to feeling awkward fear stronger for a second, but I guess we react differently to things, so. For example, the fear for me started dying down in the car until she gets out of the car and vulture tells peter to stay.

>>93759184
>It looks like he dealt in construction which there's plenty of in NYC
He literally says he's a salvage company that has pulled out a mortgage to buy new trucks specifically for the alien clean up job. He can't pay for his crew or equipment when those dead aliens are taken away from him.

>>93759184
>all signs point to this man is unhinged and will kill
No signs point to him being unhinged. But yes, he will kill - only when his family is threatened. He knows peter isn't going to go after the girl he asked to the dance or the mom he met ten minutes ago. And he just waved a gun in peter's face so he's 90% sure peter is going to fuck off, but sends shocker to kick his shit in in case peter doesn't.

>>93759184
>He doesn't give orders to leave him alive.
He also doesn't give orders to kill peter, so that one's ambiguous and open to our apparently different interpretations of his character.

>>93759184
>For all he knew Peter could have died in that fight.
Yes, and for all he knew peter was dead when the concrete warehouse fell on him. But when he was face to face with the guy, with his body in his hands, he couldn't do it. He's not that guy.
>>
File: optimized-mf8h.jpg (47KB, 644x506px) Image search: [Google]
optimized-mf8h.jpg
47KB, 644x506px
>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black
>villain's wife is black
>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend.
>the oh so edgy /b/ Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male.
>>
>>93759230
>But it's been established everyone takes Cap as a serious war hero,
In his movie. Which is Cap's perspective. Some people find him a bit outdated, even to his face, iron man and banner in the first avengers, widow mocks his language choice in the second avengers, etc. They used his worst costume - the one a focus-grouped team made for him, not the one he chose, to hammer that home.

>>93759230
>That's not just something to hand wave
and I'm sure they'll bring it up in the iron man movie, which follows iron man's perspective. The only thing peter knows is that iron man hired him to join the avengers and be in an awesome fight and then fucked off, so that's all we get from peter's perspective in this movie.
>>
>>93759270
>I still can't wrap my head around the decisions made for this film
Imagine a room full of executives from Disney, Marvel, and Sony surrounded by market research and charts. They look at these and see that diversity is popular with age demographics 13 - 28. They take that into consideration and decide to make the cast as diverse as possible, the Disney exec speaks up and mention that one of their stars is a semi popular black/hispanic? actress. The rest nod their heads and say she will be fine. Then the Sony exec looks up from their phone and says that Childish Gambino and Hannibal are also popular with the similar demographic so they should look into contacting them. Then the Marvel exec brings up bullying in the movie, can't have that because some kids may be getting bullied or are bullies themselves. Can't lose that market. So they agree on something inoffensive. Cell phones and the internet are popular so maybe he can be a "cyber bully" (no one knows what that is but one guy's kid mentioned it too him).
>>
>>93759257
>Or just have a person who's smart with tech and can build their own shit. It's not that hard or complicated
Ok, but do that without being too similar to iron man, whiplash, iron monger, ultron, or hydra. And also answer the question "why would they reinvent the wheel instead of just copying it when in a rush to also have the wheel?"
>>
>>93757264
I literally live in the third world and it was distracting at times.
>>
>>93758833
>When was this?
At the beginning when he's taking Peter home after Germany. "Happy's kind of your point guy on this."

>Having your every movement at all times recorded isn't supervision?
I'm using this definition of supervised: observe AND DIRECT the execution of (a task, project, or activity).

>Do you mean: a shit
I never thought of him that way. I guess it's just subjective. I liked him; he was energetic and trying to do the right thing.

>Those two moments completely conflict with each other due to poor writing like I said
We know he cares about that kid. That's always the case. But he gets mad because Peter lasers a ferry in half, and he's worried that Peter will get hurt or hurt others. He still cares, he's just also worried and pissed off.
>>
File: 1407034119674.jpg (95KB, 1218x695px) Image search: [Google]
1407034119674.jpg
95KB, 1218x695px
>>93759492
>>
>>93759270
The movie worked hard to make him a dick but not totally unlikeable.
Also we're about ten years off for agent venom.

Finally, you were going to a private high school filled with gifted nerds in the last three years and didn't get expelled for beating people up?
>>
>>93758797

>canada is 65% asian

goddamn inuits
>>
>>93759384
>So the gang boss kills a subordinate that was disrespecting him in front of his other subordinates, and that seems out of character to you? He accidentally kills a dude and doesn't miss a beat. He goes "ok that happened" and moves on with his life to tell his other guys not to fuck with him.
You just said he was acting emotionally. I said he was a sociopath but you disagreed
>I mean, I reacted differently, the laugh gave me slight emotional whiplash and made going back to feeling awkward fear stronger for a second, but I guess we react differently to things, so. For example, the fear for me started dying down in the car until she gets out of the car and vulture tells peter to stay.
Exactly you were relieved of any tension the scene built up.
>He literally says he's a salvage company that has pulled out a mortgage to buy new trucks specifically for the alien clean up job. He can't pay for his crew or equipment when those dead aliens are taken away from him.
Again it's NYC there's always work, Hell's Kitchen is going through some shit right now

>No signs point to him being unhinged. But yes, he will kill - only when his family is threatened. He knows peter isn't going to go after the girl he asked to the dance or the mom he met ten minutes ago.
He threatens his life and family at gun point and kills a dude no problem

>He also doesn't give orders to kill peter, so that one's ambiguous and open to our apparently different interpretations of his character.
He's killed his own man and didn't care, sends his men to attack him, threatens Peter no problem, and drops a building on him. How did you read him as he didn't want to kill Peter

>But when he was face to face with the guy, with his body in his hands, he couldn't do it. He's not that guy.
Bad writing made him stop to try and fly off in the middle of the fight for no reason
>>
>>93759581
Flash isn't supposed to be likeable, eventually yeah but not now, not in the first movie/straight away. You're supposed to dislike him. He's supposed to beat the shit out of people and changing that so you don't hurt some triggered little shits feelings only shows how low the industry has sunk.
>>
>>93759553
>At the beginning when he's taking Peter home after Germany. "Happy's kind of your point guy on this."
I thought he meant for the airplane fight, I didn't think he meant forever

>I'm using this definition of supervised: observe AND DIRECT the execution of (a task, project, or activity).
He can show up at anytime no matter where he is.
>I never thought of him that way. I guess it's just subjective. I liked him; he was energetic and trying to do the right thing.
I could just be a cynical ass
>We know he cares about that kid. That's always the case. But he gets mad because Peter lasers a ferry in half, and he's worried that Peter will get hurt or hurt others. He still cares, he's just also worried and pissed off.
It's never shown that he cares about him. He constantly ignores him and blows him off. He doesn't even tell him, "Hey kid got your message FBI is there right now. Thanks for the tip"
>>
>>93759578
Welcome to movies anon. Got to be as middle of the road as possible
>>
>>93759609
>You just said he was acting emotionally. I said he was a sociopath but you disagreed
No, I said he was NOT acting emotionally to his first murder, which surprises us, which was independent character building that happened alongside the joke for the audience.

>>93759609
>Exactly you were relieved of any tension the scene built up.
I'm arguing it was heightened, not relieved. The sudden whiplash made the tension more. Not less.

>>93759609
>Again it's NYC there's always work, Hell's Kitchen is going through some shit right now
Yes, there is always work. But he has a bunch of tech savvy dudes and two trucks full of alien shit, and wants to give stark/the government the middle finger. It's guaranteed money in the shortest time.

>>93759609
>Vulture threatens peter's life and family at gun point, but to me that was vulture trying to scare peter, not informing him of his future murder.
>and kills a dude no problem
After the dude has ignored him for several missions/sales, talks shit about him, and then threatens his family to his face, Vulture attempts to paralyze him, accidentally kills him and then just goes with it. A sociopath is someone who doesn't feel emotion. Vulture clearly feels things for his family.

>>93759609
>How did you read him as he didn't want to kill Peter
I said he couldn't kill peter with his own hands. If you want me to explain the moral grey area of killing someone through something they can potentially dodge versus strangling someone while looking him in the face, that's a long conversation.

>>93759609
>Bad writing made him stop to try and fly off in the middle of the fight for no reason
No. He literally decides he is going to escape with some loot because HE DOES NOT WANT TO KILL PETER. He just wants to leave. You interpret it as a mistake and bad writing. I interpret it as further evidence that he just can't bring himself to execute a teenager trying to do the right thing.
>>
>>93753920
You wrote "black dick" wrong
>>
>>93759677
>I thought he meant for the airplane fight
It happens after that, when Tony's dropping Peter off at his house. It's just before he tells Peter not to do anything he would/wouldn't do.

>He can show up at anytime no matter where he is.
But he doesn't direct Peter, doesn't guide him at all. And for a while Peter didn't even realize he was being tracked.

>It's never shown that he cares about him. He constantly ignores him and blows him off.
That's why he's a shit mentor. And it makes sense for Tony, because his father was pretty absent when he was growing up. Tony takes on this responsibility and doesn't understand just what it's supposed to entail from him.

Also, Tony's been pretty shit at ever showing anyone he cares. That's not something he's good at.

>He doesn't even tell him, "Hey kid got your message FBI is there right now. Thanks for the tip"
He tells Peter, "Don't worry about it. There are people who handle these things." It's like a parent saying, "Because I said so."
>>
>>93754320
Fucking THIS
I thought I was the only one who got a passive-aggressive/stalker vibe very similar to Janna's
>>
>>93759804
>No, I said he was NOT acting emotionally to his first murder, which surprises us, which was independent character building that happened alongside the joke for the audience.
It doesn't do that, we don't see him as a person because his death is just brushed off
>I'm arguing it was heightened, not relieved. The sudden whiplash made the tension more. Not less.
That doesn't make any sense but whatever
>Yes, there is always work. But he has a bunch of tech savvy dudes and two trucks full of alien shit, and wants to give stark/the government the middle finger. It's guaranteed money in the shortest time.
It's been eight years and he's run the same con. Not even an attempt to go straight or improve, just sell alien tech out of a van. If he cared about his family he'd mention something about getting out of the game
>After the dude has ignored him for several missions/sales, talks shit about him
It's almost like he read the script.
>Vulture attempts to paralyze him, accidentally kills him and then just goes with it. A sociopath is someone who doesn't feel emotion. Vulture clearly feels things for his family.
He's certainly a level of sociopath because he didn't even flinch when going to kill a teen
>No. He literally decides he is going to escape with some loot because HE DOES NOT WANT TO KILL PETER. He just wants to leave. You interpret it as a mistake and bad writing. I interpret it as further evidence that he just can't bring himself to execute a teenager trying to do the right thing.
No he stops because he sees Tony's chest piece on the beach and just fucks off. You keep saying he doesn't want to kill Peter but he's tried multiple times by then, said he does, and the doesn't because it's in the script. You're looking too deep for something that isn't there
>>
>>93754501
>Do you think that people will not be pissed if they do a Mexican black panther?

Actually that would be cool, Tenochtitlan could be the substitute for Wakanda and was hidden all the time, the one Cortes conquered was a decoy and so on.
>>
>>93757611
it's more tony takes him to Europe to beat up Captain America then dumps him back in Queens saying "ur an Avenger now I'll call you" and he never calls
>>
Was he mexican or indian/middle-eastern?
>>
>>93756694
Yeah he has a decent apartment, but do you know NYC? it's probably rent-stabilized or nycha. Having an okay apartment doesn't mean much. A family of 2 making 50k can get crazy discounts.
>>
>>93753719
I'm sorry Mr. Aziz
>>
>>93760073
You keep strawmanning to "MUH SCRIPT" when it's been argued the behaviours are explained without your imagined contrivances.

Vulture is not a edgelord evil bad guy. He's a family man quickly progressing to gives no shits bad guy, though.

>>93760073
>we don't see him as a person
personal opinion. I see him as a person taking advantage of a mistake to scare others to prevent anyone else threatening his family

>>93760073
>It's been eight years and he's run the same con. Not even an attempt to go straight or improve, just sell alien tech out of a van. If he cared about his family he'd mention something about getting out of the game
He's making a good living, and his crew/friends are also making a good living. He has no intention of going straight at that point, and he's not going to improve because he explicitly states he wants to stay low level and not be noticed by the big guys like iron man. That's why he tells the tinkerer to fuck off like four different times about stealing straight up from iron man's private stash until it's his only option.

>>93760073
>It's almost like he read the script.
Who? The bad guy killing a subordinate trying to mutiny to re-establish dominance, which happens all the time, or the bad guy trying to threaten his boss without realizing his boss is in fact capable of crossing the line to kill?

>>93760073
>No he stops because he sees Tony's chest piece on the beach and just fucks off.
He sees a box full of iron man arc reactors, the thing coveted by literally everyone trying to create their own iron man suits (iron monger literally resorts to pulling one out of stark's chest). That's the most valuable thing he can snatch and grab in the moment.
>>
File: 1401698724157.png (329KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1401698724157.png
329KB, 512x512px
>>93755605
>>93756566
Well, now I want a Latino Black Panther.

something something not enough representation something

Quiero mi Pantera Negra y la quiero ahora.
>>
>>93760073
>You keep saying he doesn't want to kill Peter but he's tried multiple times by then, said he does, and the doesn't because it's in the script

Killing someone face to face is different than killing someone at a distance. That's why people wear hoods before being executed. That's why people kill each other with guns and tell them to look away. Vulture is fine with crushing peter under a building. The superhero can dodge, if not, it's his own fault. Vulture is fine with shocker killing him. Peter had a choice not to go after him. It was his call. Vulture is fine with kicking the shit of out him in anger when the plane full of his infinity money crashes. He's not fine with crushing the neck of a teenager gasping for air. That's his line. That's what keeps him human. That's the spark peter appeals to and saves. That's the spark that prevents him from sending six supervillan assassins after spiderman from jail. He has a line. It's the mark of a good character, not MUH SCRIPT

>You're looking too deep for something that isn't there
You're trying to hard to convince me and yourself that villains never lie or exaggerate to people they're threatening. Ever. The vulture is proving to be a popular mcu villain because his motives and behaviour are solid. You've decided to disagree from the start and cannot be convinced otherwise because he didn't do what you would have done.
>>
>>93760621

This made me laugh.
>>
>>93753784
>>93753920
>>93754036
>>93754137

So was the diversity okay or forced?

I'm genuinely curious I'm not white or American (well I am on my passport but I've got one for my actual country too) and I've only every been to like 2-3 states and there just didn't seem to be a as many non-white people as I saw in this movie I thought whites were still like 50% gen pop, but Peter seemed to have no white friends.
>>
Was one of Liz's friends a tranny?

The one with really short hair who was talking during their fucking mary kill talk.

>>93754557
I just didn't like that Flash was a true asshole. Like maybe I'm forgetting because of how he's written now, but Flash was the type that would have been last in the elevator. It could even have made a good joke with him and Pete alone.
>>
>>93760733
The diversity isn't noticeable unless you're coming from /pol/ with an agenda to spot and be offended by the portrayal of a school in a big city and not a tiny redneck town.
>>
>>93755419
>Not that much richer
>Pete still has some poor implications
>Dudes dad lent him a car like that
>>
>>93753719
>co if everyone is black
>10/10 LOVE IT GIVE ME MORE MASTERS ILL BUY 10000000 COPYS
>co if black panther is made white
>FUCKING WHITEWHASHING REEEEEEEE FUCKING TRUMP DID THIS IM GOING TO GO BURN DOWN MY CITY IN PROTEST AND CALL THE PEOPLE NAZIS UNTILL THEY CHANGE IT
>>
>>93760773
Is it normal that he didn't seem to have white friends? Like maybe it's just cause everyone where I am is some mid to light brown but it just kinda threw me of that he didn't have friends of the same color.
>>
>>93758797
Is everyone in North America this stupid?
>>
>>93760949
Muricans believe that the rest of the west is like them.
>>
>>93760901
But that never happened...
>>
>>93755379
Link to the video and shitstorm? Sounds hilarious.
>>
>>93760930
I mean, there were lots of white people in his school. And lots of white background people. I honestly didn't notice his social group was all ethnic until you guys pointed it out.

I guess it's not normal for a white guy? But normal for odds-and-ends nerds to band together? You notice outside his one actual friend who hangs out with him outside of school, his social circle is also all the weirdos on the team he belongs to.
>>
>>93760949
>>93760983
I'm not an Amerifat.

Answer the question.
>>
>>93758797
There are some towns in the midwest US where there are children who dont even see a black person until they're like 10.
>>
>>93761105
In Denmark 90% of the population is domestically Danish.
No that is not 90% white people, or 90% people who where born in the country. It's 90% of people who's family have lived in the country for at least the past couple of hundred years.
So only one in ten person would be part of a family from another country, many of which are still some type of other European, like poles, other Scandinavians, Germans or Brits.
Only then do you start getting into other types of minorities, like middle easterners, Asians, or Africans.
>>
>>93760733
It's around 70% or so, but what you generally see depends on where you are. The midwest is pretty damn white, but places like the deep south have a large black population. Places like south Florida and California will have higher hispanic populations as well.
>>
>>93761091
Now that I think about it does Miles have Black friends?
>>
>>93761284
Does Miles have friends besides Ganke? Everyone he knows is a superhero co-worker
>>
>>93761173
Non-white doesn't automatically mean black people. Like anon said, Canada has tons of Asians, Aboriginals, and East Indians, but there are practically no blacks in certain parts of it.
>>
>>93753739
>that kid would have to join the military first

Not gonna happen anon
>>
>>93753719
Are these the kids who Wednesday and Pugsley saved from the summer camp?
>>
>>93761338
In that perspective Peter really is a total Chad in comparison.
>>
>>93761356
should've said non-white, but I heard stories from people who live in really racially homogeneous places in the midwest.
>>
>>93761361
We are gonna get MCU's venom who Terrorizes people by hiking up the gas prices of the gas stations his father owns.
>>
>>93761013
What a litteral brat
>>
File: addams-thanksgiving-2.gif (495KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
addams-thanksgiving-2.gif
495KB, 500x250px
>>93761406
>>
File: CnV7eG_VIAADBXW.jpg (89KB, 1024x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CnV7eG_VIAADBXW.jpg
89KB, 1024x1000px
>>93755620
>he took her bait
HOLY SHIT, why is aunt may so based?
>>
I didn't really mind the diversity, the only character that seemed forced is the gay/tranny/lesbian boy/girl/it that hung out with Liz. I dunno what that was, but it was kind of unnecessary. There were gay classmates I knew in high school but acted perfectly normal.
>>
There are two things that occured to me about Liz that don't make much sense.

First of all, Liz is on the team with Peter. They have, presumably, been interacting regularly for months. Why does he act like he's never spoken two words to her before the party invite?

Secondly it was 'revealed' later in the movie that Liz has had a crush on Peter for a little while, not just on Spiderman like we first though. Why was Peter the last one to find out about the party at her house? And only after Ned mentioned he knew Spiderman.
>>
>>93761478
>not expecting actual bodybuilder eddie brock venom to be in a movie that centers around his ability to evade spiderman's spidey sense that no one on /tv/ was convinced he has in the mcu
>>
If MJ was gonna be black why couldn't it have been the attractive one instead of the boring edgy contrarian
>>
>>93753784 (You)
>>/pol/
>>
I thought flash was alright because he wasn't overused, just like the gay kid and Michelle
He seemed like an actual real guy so I didn't mind it
They both threatened to become overused during the elevator scene, if they had a couple more lines during it I probably would like them less
Ned was probably overused I'd say, haha chair nice one
>>
>>93755620
What if it was a body hopper ala spock? She just killed the real Peter's body.
>>
>>93753784
Ehn I didn't really like that Flash is now a smaller dude than Peter, but the character itself was different, he wasn't just a jock, more just like a bit of an asshole only, but I don't see how people color affected your movie enjoyment, I was paying attention to what was happening, not if someone was black or white.
>>
>>93761091
>I guess it's not normal for a white guy? But normal for odds-and-ends nerds to band together?
Can confirm, I was sort of part of a odds-and-ends multicultural group of artsy nerds in High School. It was in California, not New York, so I can only speak to that, but I imagine it's much the same.
>>
>>93758403
PARKER
>>
>>93756639
>Called Spider Man to Washington
>Who is a local Queens hero
Riiiiiiiiiight.
>>
>>93758125

Trust me...it is
>>
>>93753719
This picture just looks so wrong to me.
Just look at how many of them there are.

There's only 2 fatties, come on america we all know 95% of you are porkers.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (116KB, 1096x731px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
116KB, 1096x731px
This flick looks like shit. The characters look like shit. Of course, /co/mblr would enjoy it.
>>
>>93753784
this movie is literally too white, and I'm not joking when I'm saying this. NYC, and queens especially, is not that white. It's barely fucking white.

Go look up any future predictions for USA population. In every one of them, whites are becoming a minority. In every one of them, whites are disappearing like flies. This is the future, whatever you like or not. Just wake up already, /pol/ seems to dream that some hitler will rise again and the whites will suddenly rule again. No, white people are responsible for diversity, and white people are responsible for their own extinction. Just stop caring about this bullshit, because it's not going away faggot.
>>
>>93765861

t. /pol/ brainwash drone
>>
>>93761904
They're kids and both have crushes on each other, I don't know about you but where I grew up the only logical thing to do was ignore each other and avoid interaction as much as possible.
>>
>>93760901
Holy fuck /pol/ you're starting to become delusional, I'm worried for you.
>>
File: 1499678098.jpg (80KB, 400x597px) Image search: [Google]
1499678098.jpg
80KB, 400x597px
>wish there were just a bit more quiet Queens scenes
>the whole Washington segment was kind of strange
>Tony's words echoing in pic related scene was bad
>I didn't like the shade of blue in the homemade costume and it looked fluffy for some reason

I liked it apart from that.
>>
>>93761245
Denmark is also has 5 million people, whereas murrica has 350 million
>>
>>93753719
>Goes from the grand Budapest Hotel to this
Poor Kid
>>
>>93760930
There was a white kid on the decathalon team.

So either A) we consider the decathalon team all his friends, in which case he had one white friend.

or B) only Ned was his friend, in which case the sample size is too small to matter.
>>
>>93753784
the amount of jews and shills in this thread is fucking distracting
>>
>>93765961
>Goes from a movie 3,000 people in the US watched who weren't critics to one of the highest grossing films of 2017
>>
>>93758421
Jesus Christ she looks like a chicano gangster from Oz. This girl is fucking ugly.
>>
>>93760733
it takes place in queens, new york, which has among the most diverse populations walking the street. peter doesnt live in the best neighborhood, so for modern days sake, the level of diversity in this movie for the location and time period was pretty realistic. for people that have never been in a large coastal city in america, the amount of diversity would be distracting.
>>
File: Pleasantville2.jpg (407KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Pleasantville2.jpg
407KB, 960x1440px
>>93766074
Spider-Man is a comic character from the '60s.
MCU Spider-Man is a movie character from the late 2010's.
But you still have people wanting a 1:1 translation of the original comics, which would come off exactly like this.
>>
>>93765855
>come on america we all know 95% of you are porkers.
And we still dominate you. Sad!
>>
>>93766121
god I wish tobey maguire was dead. I hate his face so much
>>
>>93753784
>all these replies
And I thought /co/mblr was a meme
>>
>>93753784
It distracts me how mixed/indian the blacks look.
>>
>>93755544
It was based on a fucking science highschool you have to test into, not only would dumb jock flash not have made sense in this setting it makes perfect sense that the "cool kid" is a charasmatic, smart loud mouth.
>>
File: New Vegas Faction Armors.jpg (68KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
New Vegas Faction Armors.jpg
68KB, 500x246px
>>93753719
I H A V E M A N Y P I Z Z A S T H A T N E E D D E L I V E R I N G A N D Y O U A R E L A T E
A S A L W A Y S
>>
File: PETER STOP THIS.jpg (411KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
PETER STOP THIS.jpg
411KB, 1400x700px
>>93766263
fuck wrong image
>>
>>93753784
It's set in fucking Queens
>>
>>93760416
Could just use Aztlan.
>>
>>93753719
At which ghetto does this movie take place?
>>
File: 1466858961901.png (220KB, 522x411px) Image search: [Google]
1466858961901.png
220KB, 522x411px
>>93758797
I love how you seem to think whites don't want a place to live on their own, or even don't deserve one. Why do the Chinese get China to themselves? Why do the blacks get Aftrica to themselves?

Asian countries for Asians, African countries for Africans, white countries for everybody.
>>
I don't mind that Michelle is MJ but the reveal was kinda weird.

Also the marketing made a huge deal about her (she's even on the poster and Liz isn't) yet she was basically a background character. I don't know if it was just a way to get teenbux by showing Zendaya (I understand she is popular with teens?), or potentially a sign of her importance in the sequels.
>>
>>93766700
It was very odd yeah. It felt like an odd half-step to test audience reactions to her as MJ. Problem is instead of actually being Mary Jane she's this new character who sort of shares her moniker which only serves to confuse things. I know people are pissed about a black MJ but if she was supposed to be Mary Jane then at least we would have gotten another major piece of media with her as Peter's main love interest. People would have gotten over the race change eventually, especially if it led to Marvel finally undoing OMD for synergy. Now she's just sort of there and because of her taking the MJ name we're likely never going to actually get Mary Jane in the MCU.
Thread posts: 287
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.