[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /co/ think of the new Castlevania series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 515
Thread images: 71

File: castlevania-wall.jpg (114KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania-wall.jpg
114KB, 1024x768px
What did /co/ think of the new Castlevania series?
>>
>>93746066

Stylish and fun.
>>
It felt like the prologue to something more. Surely the next 4 episodes or whatever will be more action packed but I still enjoyed it a whole lot.

The lack of music from the games is fucking criminal but I'm guessing there's licensing issues or something.

Also where the fuck was Grant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y0fyT-wXFI
>>
Too Short
>>
>>93746555
this...how long till more drop?
>>
File: cs.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cs.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
Pretty gud
>>
>>93746130
You can kinda hear parts of beginning in the opening, just played way down. If I remember right Grant was mind controlled by Dracula at some point? Then again, he's just a flea man, I won't cry if he's not in it.

I really liked the shoiws aesthetic, it was obviously anime-esque, takinga lot of nods from the hyper violent early 90s OVA's, but its distinctly not like Korra or Voltron. Closer to like, Spawn or Aeon Flux. Also 100% hand animated in the US which is a real rarity these days.
>>
I really liked it. Armitage did extremely well, and McTavish was extremely entertaining as Dracula. I was absolutely floored they were able to convey a connection between Lisa and Dracula in two minutes. Plot was a bit sparse after the first episode, but it IS based on a video game.

Dialog was a high light, along with the voice acting. Didn't fall into a anime robot speak.
>>
File: 1499442838731.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1499442838731.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>93746066
for a game adaption. it's pretty good. worth a watch. Good to see Trevor , Sypha and Alucard done pretty well.

Biggest problems for me
too short. (season two wait till 2018)
No Castlevania music
No Grant

Hopefully next season

>>93746603
control yourself Alucard
>>
I haven't seen it yet. I thought Konami was out of the game making biz anyways, so this is unexpected.

>>93746662
I vaguely recall reading something about ellis saying "how the fuck do I fit in a pirate in a landlocked gothic/romanian setting?"
>>
File: Gatchapproval.png (181KB, 440x540px) Image search: [Google]
Gatchapproval.png
181KB, 440x540px
>>93746066
It was great. Hopefully this open the gates for more similarly competent video game cartoons, but I don't have my hopes up, 99 times out of 100 a video game adaptation will be hot garbage..
>>
>>93747071
>I thought Konami was out of the game making biz anyways, so this is unexpected.
Well, it isn't a game, so...
>>
>>93746579
A year
>>
*whips fedora*
>>
It was ok. While I liked the first episode, the remaining three felt like they dragged on too much, all the while not trying to seem too video gamey, only for it to end with the "platforming" in episode four. Maybe if the dialogue scenes could've been made more concise I think a three episode structure could've worked better, but I dunno.

Trevor for me was the main sticking point. Obviously as a fan of the games I am biased in how I envisioned the guy, but the show really had to fight its way for me to actually like the guy, which didn't happen until around the end of the fourth episode, and then to be told "stick around for more" isn't exactly thrilling.

The level of violence surprised me, but I felt it almost touched comical levels in certain parts.

>>93747071
That's a fair point, given the aesthetics of the show. At best he could claim that he's an ex-sailor/pirate who moved away from the sea because reasons.
>>
File: really makes you think.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think.gif
2MB, 320x240px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKR392rkPL8
>>
>>93746662
>takinga lot of nods from the hyper violent early 90s OVA's,

I was thinking this too. It reminds me of stuff like Wicked City, Devilman or Vampire hunter D obviously.
>>
>No instances of Wall Chicken in the entire series.
>>
The final battle with dracula better bust out the iconic musical themes
>>
>>93747136
Licenced cartoon to synergize with a new game or vice versa is what I was expecting.

>>93747196
>That's a fair point, given the aesthetics of the show. At best he could claim that he's an ex-sailor/pirate who moved away from the sea because reasons.

Is this a series? A miniseries? An OAV? Because I can imagine Grant on a flying dutchman ship ghost sky ship in the sequel.
>>
>>93746066
素晴らしい!
>>
File: kiss.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kiss.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
It's pretty fucking awful, with moments of awesomeness
Basically the writing is trying way too hard to be Game of Thrones. It just drags on. Two hours that could have been done in one.
Legit good animation, and sypha was great (clearly blushing cause she knows shes gonna repopulate the bloodline with Trevor was a nice touch) and the jury's still out on alucard, but I'm hoping season 2 drastically improves trevor
>>
>>93746662
>Spawn or Aeon Flux
Hardly.
>>
>>93747035
Grant is in the castle transformed into a monster.
>>
>>93747490
*chu*
>>
>>93746662
>Also 100% hand animated in the US which is a real rarity these days.

inbetweens where done in Korea.
>>
>>93747574
Don't know what the fuck you're on about.

Game of Thrones? Where does that comparison come from?
>>
>>93747637
It's obviously the first show to have gore
>>
>>93747667
I'm genuinely confused where he got Game of Thrones. Was there nudity I missed? Or globespanning politics?

If anything I got a slight Witcher vibe.
>>
>>93747637
Trevor's literal costume design, and the whole family lines, conspiracy crap, teaching the town to defend themselves.
It'd be fine if it was a large cast with many moving parts, but it's not.
>>
File: We Love You.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
We Love You.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>93747490
true love
>>
>>93747637
>>93747696
Any show that's not aimed at 3-year olds is clearly inspired by Game of Thrones now, according to normies, in a Dark Souls of X kinda way.
>>
>>93747718
Teaching the town to defend themselves? Not a scholar of film, are you, summerfag?

Even cartoons reference Seven Samurai.
>>
>>93747718
Game of Thrones was created in 96 you mouth breather. And it only got popular when they made the show.
>>
>>93747837
How naive do you have to be to not think they would sneak that shit in during production? Honestly.
>>
Too much liberty taken with Trevor's design. Guy looks like he's in his thirties when he was actually a teenager in Castlevania 3. Sypha doesn't pass herself off as a man, they pretty much made Alucards design his SoTN when he looked entirely different during the 1400s. Entirely too edgy dude bro, and every other word is a curse for some reason
>>
>>93747718
>Trevor's literal costume design
So... capes made of fur?

>and the whole family lines
So every fantasy story ever
>conspiracy crap
where?
>teaching the town to defend themselves.
They hadnt done that shit in game of thrones.

What are you talking about?
The only GOT shit in this series is that is a medieval fantasy story with R rating.
>>
This just makes me remember how thundercats got shafted.
>>93747898
Sypha "looking like a girl to make travelling safe" wich never happened.
>>
>>93747864
Is Game of Thrones the only fantasy property you been exposed to? My poor child...
>>
>>93746066
funny conversation i like to see next season >>> trevor to alucard >>> i know the bishop that kill your mother , do you want to meet him ?
>>
>>93747882
>Guy looks like he's in his thirties when he was actually a teenager in Castlevania 3.

And?

That was ONLY to make him closer to Simon.

>Sypha doesn't pass herself off as a man

Small tits and a big rope. That's all you need.

>they pretty much made Alucards design his SoTN when he looked entirely different during the 1400s

That's is a retcon.

Nothing wrong with that. Focusing on alucard as a savior or destined to kill dracula'
That is a problem
>>
>>93747917
I think you misheard

She was traveling dressed as a man because it was safer.
Which it is.

Seriously, Trevor actually griped that he didn't like how Speakers dressed their women as men just before that line.
>>
>>93747918
Being condecending wont help your argument.Also the aesthetics and such aren't D&D esque or do these fucks look late medieval to you or do they look more like peter jackson's vision of lord of the rings to you?
>>
>>93748047
I was paraphrasing wasn't going for the exact text of the script jesus christ.
>>
>>93748057
They look like 1400's Romania. The churches are gothic.

For frame of reference, look at the way the villagers are dressed. Would you say the they're outfits are closer to Lord of the Rings, or Attack on Titan?
>>
>>93748140
Game of thrones and a chunk of germany.Look at the houses.
>>
>>93748198
So I was right. You haven't been exposed to any fantasy that doesn't have knights and castles. Ok.

I don't think this series was inspired by Game of Thrones. At all. I'm still genuinely confused how you came to that conclusion. It's based on the Castlevania series of video games, which themselves are based on Dracula, Frankenstein, Lovecraft, and anime.

If this animated version is inspired by anything besides it's source material, I'd make the argument it draws from Witcher, Berserk, and a few other animes.

But Game of Thrones? I'm sorry, I just don't see it.
>>
>>93748303
No you aren't right you're suffering fom tunnel vision from the costumes to the town and the small bar.Also you seem to be confused the castlevania aspect is there My point is there are aparent designs that are GoT like.
Also
>lovecraft
Not in the slightest not in this season. Maybe the castle that's about it honestly.
>>
Fucking fantastic

Great writing, great atmosphere, top-tier action coreography

Bleh music though, frame rate could be better
>>
>>93747035
Why'd she blush?
>>
>>93748377
So every fantasy setting with a tavern is GOT? Do you just not understand how many things GOT drew inspiration from? The books are both a love letter to fantasy and a deconstruction.

And I said the games are inspired by Lovecraft.

Costumes with fur capes do not make a Game of Thrones ripoff. Game of Thrones greatest identity is it's cynical deconstruction of fantasy, it's manipulative characters, and it's willingness to kill off main cast. Not the costumes.

This has none of that.
>>
>>93748462

She knows Trevor is going to stuff her like Thanksgiving turkey
>>
>>93747591
>Grant is in the castle transformed into a monster.
i would be okay with that
>>
>>93748472
Holy fuck no dude stop doing the generalisation crap already. I know already GoT is not the only fantasy shit that has done this crap I'm talking about design and the way it got presented FFS how is this hard to understand?

The games have drops of lovecraft there's no unknown horror aspect you know what's coming from the bottom of the castle to the very top.

I did not claim it was a ripoff I claimed it drew some designs from it since that is the show that has featured them the most prominently as of the last 20 years.
>>
>>93748519
Looking a bit anorexic there grant you need some wall meat?
>>
>>93748462
Sypha is a girl
He is Alucard
that's enough of an explanation
>>
>>93747816
>>93747837
>>93747898
>>93747918
Wtf is wrong with you people
Look, i like GoT
My issue was that it was taking half-hearted measures to appeal to the game of thrones audience (specifically the shows audience)
The hip hugging x shaped belts and capes with fur mantles on them especially. It's a drastic departure from the original design while the others were at least halfway there.
If they wanted to do this deep church conspiracy and multi town defense plot, the episodes should have been longer, and there should have been more compelling reasons.
>>
>>93748569
>you need some wall meat?
would be appreciated
that's another thing this series lacks. wall meat
>>
>>93748303
>So I was right. You haven't been exposed to any fantasy that doesn't have knights and castles. Ok.
That was me you were accusing, not that anon.
>>
>>93748543
You literally said trying too hard to be game of thrones. In tone tone, costume, and conspiracy.
I can scroll up and see it.

How old are you?
>>
>>93748462
The legend says she will repopulate the belmont line
>>
>>93748618
Pay attention, you're responding to two different anons
>>
>>93748572
The belts are an animal thing. Never seen anything like that in GOT, unless you're mistaking a sword belt for a goth belt. And GOT didn't invent fur capes. Castlevania has a long history of fur capes. Look up Soma Cruz
>>
>>93748676
Soma has a coat not a cape.
>>
File: piss.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
piss.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>93748620
I hope Trevor is into piss play.
>>
>>93748644
I could have sworn there was one.

Look, I realize I'm being an as hole about this, I'm seriously confused how anyone gets GOT from this, unless GOT is just code for "violent fantasy."
>>
>>93748714
I'm not the OP I'm the other guy talking about design and stuff.I don't think you're being an asshole honestly think you've been reasonable given how frustrating this converation seemed to be going. I honestly enjoyed our conversation even if we didn't agree.
>>
>>93748572
jesus christ all you people are stretching for these modern popular inspirations. All these things you mention are common tropes from far more than GoT, Lovecraft or even Castlevania.

This is straight out of old monster horror books that started with Mary Shelly. Warren Ellis is far older than GoT so he wasn't pulling from that and he never seems to pull MUCH from Lovecraft.

This is VERY castlevania, down to the Belmonts can't step in water platforming aspect.
>>
>>93748797
I don't think this is an Ellis thing it might be a character designer thing.
>>
>>93748009
There is a "nod" to her dressing as a man, Wich is good enough, unlike Samus, you can't expect her to disguise she is a girl in a realistic way while traveling in company of two other people

Also, the "prophesy" that paints Alucard as a messiah is just folklore BS, they adress it right away, he even tells Trevor they don't even have the full history, and he needs a scholar and a hunter to help him destroy Drac
>>
>>93746066

This is the first time I've ever said this, but... I think maybe they're swearing too much. I only just started episode 4, but 2 and 3 had so much cussing that it's kinda losing impact.
>>
>>93748897
Ellis is the writer, you'll have to get used to it.

It doesn't really bother me, Castlevania is not meant to be taken seriously 100% of the time, I wold be swearing a lot too if I lived in a dirty town assaulted by baby eating demons
>>
>>93747470
It's a miniseries that was first planned as a series of OVAs, but is now structured in short seasons. Season 2 will reportedly be double the length of season 1, which still only leaves it at 8 episodes.
>>
>>93747490
>Tfw a demon pupper will never noisily kiss you
>>
File: kick.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
kick.webm
3MB, 900x506px
>>93748711
He saved Sypha and now he gets it
Piss and vomit and all
>>
>>93748676
Its not a fur cape
Its a fur mantle on a cape, with a leather cross belt across the chest. It's an unusual look even in fantasy, which is why it's associated with GoT
Look, why are you so butthurt that everyone can see the got influence? Sure Got didn't invent anything, but that doesn't mean it's not an influence.
Pirates of the Caribbean didn't invent the drunken pirate, but tons of stuff tried to mimick it afterwards.
GoT is popular, and influential, get over it
>>
>>93749116
That looks like it came out of a chinese movie.
>>
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/castlevania-netflix-series-announcement-game-of-thrones-a7571011.html
The producer flat out said they were going for a GoT feel
>>
>>93747723
this scene is absolutely KINO
>>
File: DEH5u2BXoAAG5qT.webm (614KB, 800x510px) Image search: [Google]
DEH5u2BXoAAG5qT.webm
614KB, 800x510px
>>93749116
trevor knows how to aim for the eye
>>
Meh.
I'd rather play the game for a millionth time
>>
File: egothumb2.jpg (98KB, 537x406px) Image search: [Google]
egothumb2.jpg
98KB, 537x406px
>>93747035
>trevor
>done well
>generic_ellis_protagonist.png
>>
File: Castlevania_III_map.png (50KB, 418x260px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_III_map.png
50KB, 418x260px
>>93747071
>I vaguely recall reading something about ellis saying "how the fuck do I fit in a pirate in a landlocked gothic/romanian setting?"

The game literally had a ghost ship and an atlantian city, not to mention Grant was on land because he wanted to reach the castle to avenge his family

A pirate can't be that difficult to add
>>
>>93749116
Why does Trevor look like Sasuke so much?
>>
File: class.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
class.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>93749642
This trevor has no class though
>>
>>93749959
How long until someone says Alucard is trans?
>>
File: DEH5L2mUIAMn_SG.jpg orig.jpg (95KB, 1430x790px) Image search: [Google]
DEH5L2mUIAMn_SG.jpg orig.jpg
95KB, 1430x790px
>>93749985
with tumblr around. I'm certain they already labeled him everything
>>
Can I just add, fuck /a?
>>
>>93750097
you're retarded if you think american animation would be allowed in board dedicated to japanese anime and manga
Even Korra can't be considered anime even tho studio Pierrot was involved too

that's just how things are, don't need to get butthurt

anime is just a word people made who didn't want it to call cartoon or japanimation
>>
>>93750138
It's in the style of anime, using anime tropes and is officially labeled fucking everywhere as an anime. They're pidantic, semantic asshats.
>>
>>93749959

>Was on the fence about this series
>See this

Picked the fuck up.
>>
>>93750172
It's great. You won't regret it. Except that you'll be begging for more after episode 4.
>>
>>93750153
>style of anime
that's just a stylistic choice
look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBFw15Eb60o
it's an anime done in non-anime style
with your logic you won't call this anime right?
>anime tropes
it's based on a japanese game anon
>They're pidantic, semantic asshats.
one post went to 200 replies before being deleted
you're trying to make your own rules, that's just how it is
>>
I may be one of the few people who actually liked Trevor. Probably because I don't have much exposure to Ellis's protagonists and in game he didn't have a lot of characterization to begin with. But considering what his family have been through, him being a person who doesn't give a fuck was entirely justified.
Also liked all the small nods to games like throwing an axe or a holy water. Scenes with bishop and demon and fight with Alucard were excellent.
My major complain is that instead of monsters from game they used really generic demons. Hope it will change once they get to the castle.
Can't wait for S2. Will be replaying games to kill time.
>>
>>93747470
>Licenced cartoon to synergize with a new game
Licensed cartoon to synergize with a new pachinko machine.
>>
>>93750229
Show me an authority on the subject who says anime can ONLY come from Japan and I may concede my point. Until then, that's like saying that animated kids shows in Japan can't be called cartoons because the word originated elsewhere. It's fucking stupid. I'm calling a kettle a kettle. They're telling me it's a pot because it wasn't made where kettles apparently are. It's stupid.
>>
>>93750266
>Show me an authority on the subject who says anime can ONLY come from Japan and I may concede my point.
i don't fucking care, the mods think that way and that's all anon
>>
>>93750153
Castlevania isn't about cute Japanese girls, literally what the fuck did you expect
>>
>>93749642
This was the exact moment I fell in love with this series. I can't wait for the next season
>>
>>93750312
No offense, but you were arguing for their side, anon. I was merely countering. We all know rules all over 4chan range from sensible to batshit with few in-between. Either way, loved the Castlevania...Cartoon, I fucking guess. Story telling, pacing, and character design/development are top notch.
>>
>>93746066
I liked it. 4 episodes is way too little to form an opinion though.
>>
>>93750323
>cute Japanese girls
those type of anime are cancer and are for pathetic otakus who only love 2D
there are better anime out there anon, not that you care
>>
>>93750357
Tell that to /a/ not me, I don't watch anime
>>
Why are christards always the bad guys?
>>
>>93750421
Because they're Christards, anon. Religion is poison. And I love that this ANIME knows it. That Bishop's death was almost as satisfying as The Purple Wedding.
>>
File: 1435642396923.jpg (89KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1435642396923.jpg
89KB, 500x281px
>TFW I heard this series was announced
>MFW I found out none of the music from the games is in it.
>>
>>93750466
Agreed. Fingers crossed for season 2?
>>
>>93750421
15th century Catholicism wasn't that great in real life, but the series lays it on so thick they're beating a dead horse by episode 3.
>>
>>93750489
Then episode 4 has a priest make holy water that actually repels demons.
>>
>>93750524
He was an actual, good priest. God loves him, so he could make it. God hates the Catholic Church in this series, apparently, but still has proper followers he's pleased with. That's my guess, anyways.
>>
Just hearing the name I was expecting Trevor to be on a quest to kill Dracula and to see him fghting his way through the castle. Instead I got the church is the real big bad, I'm suppose to feel sorry for Dracula and nearly everyone is a selfish asshole. That said I still enjoyed it.
>>
>>93750555
He just seems to hate the bishop from Targoviste and his thugs. You'll remember they burned Lisa just to pit on a public show, and it's implied that she was singled out for convenience rather than any legitimate concern.
>>
>>93748519
In the game you had to defeat Grant to recruit him.
So yeah, he's probably rampaging about or chilling in the castle.
>>
>>93750603
I have a feeling traversing the castle will be season 2.
>>
File: thirsty.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
thirsty.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>>93749959
>>93747035
>>
>>93750608
It's clearly stated that she's an innocent Scientist multiple times, so yeah. The church did fuck up hard. If Satan had a wife, only an idiot would accost her.
>>
>>93750489
Burnig Lisa was a dead giveaway that they are going by stereotypes. Witches were never burned, heretics were. Witches were usually drowned or hanged.

Late medieval church did some shady stuff though, it's what sprung heres- I mean, Protestantism.
>>
File: 1472304730402.jpg (32KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472304730402.jpg
32KB, 375x500px
>>93751043
>not pursuing the apostates of Christianity, who are characterized by their sexual relations with the Devil
Dissenter!
>>
File: Vampire Hunter pose.jpg (492KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire Hunter pose.jpg
492KB, 1680x945px
Is Trevor going to pose? I've heard vampire hunters were required to pose.
>>
>>93751351
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX_XpJNUzr8

She was crucified according to the games. Of course, the scene could be falsified by the succubus to make Alucard think otherwise, but I think she only tried to trick with the dialogue.
>>
>>93747071
>I vaguely recall reading something about ellis saying "how the fuck do I fit in a pirate in a landlocked gothic/romanian setting?"

Ellis could do this: >>93749729. Or he could rework Grant as being a land-based thief or a bandit instead of, specifically, a pirate who doesn't do anything.

Anyway, I'm still waiting to see the show with someone, but from what I've heard, the group hasn't even reached the clock tower yet, so there's still time to introduce Grant next season.
>>
>>93747035
I just realised SHE FUCKING KNOWS TREVOR AND HER ARE GONNA FUG!
>>
>>93746066
Having it based on my favorite game, I eagerly await for Grant to show up next season.
>>
>>93747035
Also if this turns out successful, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Symphony Of The Night.
>>
>>93752185
Oh, you mean season 3? Only a moron would ignore the great writing and designs of SOTN. The game is on every Top Games of All Time list ever with a low number spot. Also, I'd just like to add, if any vampire I've ever seen in anything ever could Glamour, it'd be Alucard. I'm a straight married man and I'd service him.
>>
Okay I'm confused. I've heard that a second season is coming in 2018 and also that more episodes are dropping later this year, is it both or just one?
>>
>>93752355
The first season is split up in two chunks. A lot of Netflix shows do this.
>>
File: DEIrrfuWAAAkNmS.jpg orig.jpg (80KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
DEIrrfuWAAAkNmS.jpg orig.jpg
80KB, 1366x768px
>>93752033
that future vision

>>93752185
would need Rondo first
>>
>>93752185
Fuck off faggot.

Seriously every weeboo faggot needs to grow some balls and wait for their turn.

SIMON comes first.
>>
>>93751351
>Burnig Lisa was a dead giveaway that they are going by stereotypes. Witches were never burned, heretics were. Witches were usually drowned or hanged.
You gotta love Catholic apologetics taking the form of "the Church didn't do x horrible thing, they did y horrible thing, get it right."
>>
>>93752810
I'm not being apologetic, I'm just pointing out a common misconception. I am perfectly aware of all the awful shit Catholic church did and still does. Like losing Jerusalem
>>
>>93752810
>You gotta love Catholic
It was the protestants.
>>
>>93752876
You are being retarded thinking that slavs didthe same as murrikans and spaniards
>>
>>93752511
Huh. Guess I just haven't seen any do it yet so it seems off to me. Do we know when the rest is coming?
>>
Where can I watch it? third thread without any links
>>
>>93753096
On netflix.
>>
>>93753119
why did noone pirate it yet? does netflix detect OBS,, fraps or something? lol

i mean why the fuk wuld i have netflix if i can watch any movie in browser on russian sites
>>
>>93753189
To support the studio making it so they make more?I know crazy idea.
>>
>>93753189
1 guy pirates and watches with his bros
millions watch
come on dont be a fucking mainstream fag

does netflix take money out of my acc automatically monthly? how do i cancel it after making an acc
>>
>>93753235
>>93753189
1 guy pirates and watches with his bros
millions watch on netlix
come on dont be a fucking mainstream fag

does netflix take money out of my acc automatically monthly? how do i cancel it after making an acc
>>
>>93753043
Oh yeah, Slavs did their own things. Like their penchant for putting people up on sticks.
There's this series of 19th century novels that are required school reading in Poland that has the main characters impale the "bad guys" and it is shown as perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>93747718
>whole family lines
You have literally never in your entire fucking life paid attention to the story of any Castlevania game if you can say this unironically. Castlevania has always been a family driven story with themes of children living up to their parents goals, fighting against your parents wishes, trying to get revenge against the slaying of family and whether your birth determines your destiny.
>>
>>93747917
>Sypha "looking like a girl to make travelling safe" wich never happened.
It's a reference to her being labeled as a he in the manual for the second Castlevania.
>>
>woman says "i believe in science i want to be a doctor lol"
>perhaps i should teach u some manners.....
>u havent offered me a drink....
lol nice vampires u have there castlevania.. what the fuck? DROPPED this shit. HOW DARE does that bitch talk in such manner to a supreme vampiric lord. this is fucking unrealistic - he would have raped her in an instant. the makers of this cartoon DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE COOL VAMPIRES.
>>
>>93753264
>>93753278
Please KYS.
>>
>>93753096
>>93753264
>2017
>can't even find a torrent
Sad!
>>
>>93753564
im alrdy watching it
>>
>>93752810
Burning witches was a protestant thing
>>
>>93750555
No it's just that he was an actual ordained minister. God is fine with the church but some of the priests are dicks. People are failing to grasp that it was the Bishop and others like him that were the reason people like Trevor hated the church.
>>
>THIS SHOW ABOUT VAMPIRES AND DEMONS IN A FICTIONAL COUNTRY ISN'T HISTORICALLY ACCURATE ABOUT HOW THE CHURCH KILLED PEOPLE FUCK GARBAGE FEDORA AUTISTS REEEEEE
>>
>>93750489
>>93751351
>>93752810

>15th century Catholicism wasn't that great in real life

This shit again.

The Church was probably the most responsible organization at the time. Most of the "black legend" stuff you hear about is taken directly from protestant propaganda.

The Inquisition didn't even execute that many people, and that was only after they had been given years to recant.

http://strangenotions.com/spanish-inquisition/
>>
So Alucard is another woman son with Dracula right?

Lisa is his step-mom.
>>
File: fag_card.jpg (77KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
fag_card.jpg
77KB, 512x512px
>>93753407
>impaling Ottomans
>bad
>>
>>93753805
>The Inquisition didn't even execute that many people
I wonder who could be behind this post.
https://youtu.be/7WJXHY2OXGE
>>
>>93753818
No. He refers to her as his mother
>>
>>93752810
Witch hunts only happened after the Chruch lost power, and picked up with the Enlightenment. Even Thomas Hobbes condoned burning witches.
>>
>>93753862
But the sleeping soldier thing was asaid to be centuries old?

And Trevor said the chamber he was resting was ancient.
>>
>>93753909
The speakers got the story from the future.

He's in a part of Dracula's castle, which is ancient.
>>
>>93753909
Watch the show again and pay better attention. Alucard said he had been there "A year. Maybe less." It's a plot hole how that place was made or why but Lisa was definitely his mom.
>>
>>93753909
And Alucard said he had been there for only a year. The prophecy existed for years and was from the future, Jesus, get your hearing checked.
>>
>>93753953
But what about the statue for the sleeping soldier itself?

Did Alucard just took the opportunity of a local legend and said "Fuck It I'm going to build my personal chambers here!"?
>>
>>93751351
>Witches were usually drowned or hanged.

The Inquisition usually ignored witches. When they were executed, it was by secular courts.
>>
>>93753978
It's just Trevor statement that the age of the chamber threw me out of the loop for a second.
>>
>>93750824
Why is Alucard such a fuckboi twink in this series?
>>
>>93754006
The story has been around for ages and is known to everyone because it came from the future.

People have known the story for fucking ages, long enough for it to become legend and build statues and whatnot.
>>
>>93753021
>>93753667
>>93753898
Right, so they should have burned her for being a heretic, not for being a witch, which makes it okay, mother church did nothing wrong.
>>
>>93754043
Wasn't he always drawn as a bishounen even in the games?
>>
>>93752810
Wallachia and Romania by extension is mostly orthodox, what the fuck are catholic clergy doing there?
>>
>>93754070
>Heretics was innocent! They dindu nuffin!

Fuck off. The only reason heretics started to be burned was because the Albigensians were staging armed revolts around France.
>>
just watched episode 1 gonna watch the rest. pretty epic, really cool setting.

got some questions

who is guy in white who confronted dracula
why is dracula so imba, is he rlly satan?
what are those bat creatures that rained along with blood, why and what do they symbolize
whats the backstory of dracula in this setting
>>
>>93754092
Do they even say in the show what denomination the church is?
>>
>>93754092
The Latin Church has been in Romania since the 1100's.
>>
>>93754122
>why is dracula so imba, is he rlly satan?

In the games he's pretty much the Anti-Christ, so kinda.
>>
>>93754092
Also where the fuck are the Ottomans?

One would think they would they notice of what's happening in their client state.
>>
>>93754156
But were they so powerful that they could carry inquisitions?
>>
>>93754051
The thing I like about all this "messages from the future" stuff is that it's clearly being included as a way to explain stuff in Dracula's Castle that shouldn't exist in 1476. Like Frankenstein's Monster.
>>
>>93754195
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
>>
>>93754130
Fantasy Christianity.
>>
>>93754235
To be specific, a bastardized mix of Anime Catholicism and Hollywood Catholicism.
>>
>>93752810
Hey if you're gonna call out a religion have the common decency to call them out for the right things.
>>
>>93753499
You beat me to it.
>Wonderful easter egg.
>>
>Trevor

HIS NAME IS RALPH, YOU WESTERN CASUAL FAGGOTS!
>>
>>93754223
Was something like that dependant on the ruler of the area?
>>
>>93754306
Fiction doesn't owe anyone shit.
>>
>>93752293
Hopefully they will add in the mini-boss fight where Alucard had to fight against the corpses of his friends from part three.
>It was such a short battle at the time for me sadly.
>>
File: animemom.jpg (56KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
animemom.jpg
56KB, 500x707px
>>93746066
This explain ep1
>>
>>93754380
The ruler, the number of clergy, etc...

The Orthodox Church usually held sway in the area.
>>
>>93754179
It should have been the impaled skeletons.
>>
>>93754439
The turbans might have rotted away by that point.
>>
>>93754122
>who is guy in white who confronted dracula
Alucard his son.
>why is dracula so imba, is he rlly satan?
No but he's also not just a vampire. He's more of a spirit of darkness or incarnation of chaos.
>what are those bat creatures that rained along with blood, why and what do they symbolize
No idea.
>whats the backstory of dracula in this setting
Not completely sure in the series but in the games he is an alchemist and strategist named Mathies who lost his wife to illness while on a campaign for the church. He cursed God for letting her die while he risked his life serving him, so he decided to become an immortal to show God didn't get the final say in the matter of life and death. To do so he used his alchemy and recreated the Crimson Stone, a vampire artifact that lets the user capture the soul of a vampire to increase your power as well as having the literal personification of death give you complete loyalty(with the cost of your humanity as you turn into a vampire). To complete it he needed a powerful vampire soul so he tricked one into kidnapping his friend Leon Belmont's wife as he knew he could slay the vampire. He did so but Leon's wife died in the process.
Mathies offered Leon a chance to be immortal like him and fight to rebuke God for the death of his own wife but instead Leon swore he and all his family would fight to destroy Dracula. Mathies spent the next few centuries creating Castlevania and doing research and shit while the world continued to turn. Enter Lisa and you know the rest of the story so far.
>>
>>93749251

You've been the only one to reference GOT in 5 threads.
>>
>>93754381
What an ungrateful cunt you are.
>>
>>93754122
>what are those bat creatures that rained along with blood, why and what do they symbolize
I have no idea if this was the intention or not, but I thought they were fetal/aborted versions of the main bat creatures. They hadn't had time to grow or mature yet because Dracula summoned the army a year later to the instant, due to his anger, so a bunch of immature demons came along for the ride and fell out of the sky since they couldn't fly yet.
>>
>>93754122

Guy in white you'll meet later in the episodes.
Bat creatures are gargoyles.
Dracula is just Dracula, a monster/alchemist.
>>
>>93747729
Hey leave Dark Souls out of this.
>>
File: arturo.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
arturo.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
Pretty shit to be honest famlam.
>>
>>93754472
>Alucard his son.
wtf? what a scumbag. where is his original wife that make that son then? how dare he cheat on her... even as a widower
>>
>>93754396
Should I be ashamed that I chuckled at this a bit?
And on a curious note, will Death and Medusa show up in the next season also?
>>
>>93754489
You're full of shit and you know when the leaked previews came in there was a bunch of discussion about it.
>>
>>93754490
How Christian.
>>
>>93754306
>>93754381
>>93754490
>>93754683

You two faggots gonna kiss or what?
>>
>>93754656
No. You should be ashamed for
1. being an animefag
2. knowing wtf those characters from picture are
3. actually browsing this board
I was here for the first time for Samurai Jack S5 (which turned out extremely horrible) and now for Castlevania. I can't imagine what kind of subhumans browse this board. Cartoons and comics are for children.
>>
>>93754683
Many aspects of the sciences you worship where researched if not perfected by the catholic church.
>>
File: 1497416083515.png (85KB, 247x266px) Image search: [Google]
1497416083515.png
85KB, 247x266px
>>93754714
Ok
>>
>>93754714
Kek.
>>
>>93754415
Likely not going to turn down a good pogrom.
>>
>>93754818
There aren't that many records of witch hunts in Orthodox countries.

The Jews deserved to be pogromed.
>>
>>93754845
>Open the west gate of Constantinople "Pshh... nothing' personnel... goyim"
>>
File: sdfs.png (60KB, 222x132px) Image search: [Google]
sdfs.png
60KB, 222x132px
>>93754714
>I was here for the first time for Samurai Jack S5 (which turned out extremely horrible) and now for Castlevania. I can't imagine what kind of subhumans browse this board. Cartoons and comics are for children.
>>
So, or there any other Castlevana Monsters that /co/ is hoping to see?

>Alura Une
>Doppelganger
>Malachi
>Slogra & Gaibons
>Amphisbaena
>>
>>93754390
That would obviously be waaaay later if you're talking about the inverted Colliseum fight. I'd like to see Doppelganger, Death and maybe some obscure shit like Galgamoth.
>>
>>93754961
I find it ironic I just posted >>93754978
But sure. Medusa heads had better only appear if he violently and personally murders them all by plucking them from the air and doing terrible things to them. Same for fleamen. Now, Werewolf and Minotaur would be cool. As would myriad other creatures in the series series m zombies to bats to whatever. As far as boss fights, I really only want to see Doppelganger, The Creature (SOTN version), Maybe Beezlebub, Death and Galgamoth.
>>
File: 1488320602340.png (11KB, 885x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488320602340.png
11KB, 885x900px
>>93754924
It's best not to feed it.
This species gets stronger with every response.
>Remember, school's out.
>>
>>93755039
Oh. And Olrox.
>>
>>93754623
You misunderstand. Alucard is is LisaxDracula's son. There was a 20 year timeskip between the beginning of the episode and her death.
>>
im quite pissed that castlevania was turned into a cartoon. im currently playing the legacy of kain series, after which im planning to get into castlevania, but now theres this fukn cartoon and when ill be asking ppl in what order to play the castlevania games they will assume im one of you /co/ fags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdBCoeSYb00

>>93755098
ah ok so the woman he became immortal in the first place wasnt his true love lol... what a scumbag!
>>
>>93754924
>mfw I realize I've been coming to /co/ for a decade now
>>
>>93755151
Kinda hard to fuck a chick who was killed centuries ago, anon.

Also, you should play them in order from 1 to Ecclastia or whatever, but be warned, 1-Super IV are brutal. Symphony of the Night was heralded because it was the first to implement true exploration and RPG elements like leveling up, new gear, stats and HP/MP/Heart upgrades. No one's going to mistake you for shit. You clearly know nothing of the franchise.
>>
File: Castlevania_Netflix_Blue Fang.png (3MB, 3138x1815px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_Netflix_Blue Fang.png
3MB, 3138x1815px
Was anyone else hoping that he was a type of First or Hyper Werewolf instead of just some common demon?

>Plus I was also hoping he would've drag the Bishop to Dracula alive..
>>
File: 5ea.jpg (141KB, 715x590px) Image search: [Google]
5ea.jpg
141KB, 715x590px
>>93755307
maybe its more fun to mocking christiany in their house of god and telling lies in there
>>
>>93755307
Well dracula stated his revenge was against everyone in wallachia.

which is strange why put boundaries in your revenge on mankind
>>
why are generic civillians 2d girls in this cartoon so beautiful
>>
>>93754676

Since friday. The last ones were only because the director was claiming it would be game of thrones like to bait the causals. Very little of it actually resembled GOT, and most were too busy shitposting about religion to mention GOT for it to be so obvious.
>>
>>93746066
Snake-Fuckingly-tastic.
>>
>>93755516
He had a limit of time needed to summon the army of demons, safe to assume that the armies also limited in numbers, so he can only cover a country with his forces
>>
>>93755516
Why is it strange? Those were the people who wronged them, he gave them time to leave the country, they did not. Makes perfect sense to me.
>>
khadgar voice actor
>>
>>93755571
>>93755573
I just find it strange he already did not like mankind and with what the church and the people did to his wife I thought taht after he finished the job in Wallachia and say " I really want to exchange some words with that sultan that fucked me in the bum when I was but a wee lad."
>>
>>93755151
All of them in production order.
>>
>>93746066
It's pretty good. Liked that they're taking their time with characterization despite there being next to none in the game. The humor is spot on for the most part. Could use some more memorable tunes though (doesn't even have to be original game tunes, just something that'll leave an impression beyond whatever scene it's used for)

The only thing that presently has me worried about this series is the fandom. I'm already seeing stuff that could easily turn it into Voltron Legendary Defender levels of cancerous.
>>
>>93746066

Pretty gud

I'm surprised they started with Castlevania 3, but I guess they knew the sooner they put Alucard in the higher the ratings would be
>>
i found castlevania to be really similar to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhlkvO6NLnI

have any same ppl worked on these two
>>
File: tumblr_maoagpJeIF1rencrho1_1280.jpg (2MB, 1200x1188px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_maoagpJeIF1rencrho1_1280.jpg
2MB, 1200x1188px
the first episode got me hyped as fuck. Amazing representation of dracula, im a huge drac fan boy, I'll see anything with his name on it . but from there it sort of went down hill a little bit emphasis on a LITTLE BIT

Pros
>humor was well placed
>great visuals
>enjoyed the blood/ gore reminded me a lot of hellsing
>fights were good
>dracula was pretty awesome
>decent tone

Cons
>not enough different types of monsters, weird wolf/bat things and a cyclops
>the speakers were annoying, or focused on too much
>too many british people in romania (do the right accents or one unifying accent)
>the whole alucard reveal was way too obvious, had no gravity in the story at all
>ONLY 4 HALF HOUR EPISODES? its not a season its a movie. not enough happens in the span of 4 episodes

The cynicism of the whole thing got a little annoying at times (muh evil church), but after all it is warren ellis, I think it just personally takes me a moment to adjust to his style, and as I said the humor was well placed so it evened out.

overall I give it a soft 7/10, but I feel that could go up if I see more.
>>
>>93756107
Nice I really dig byzantine iconography, a pity the show tdecided to make the church there catholic-like
>>
Just finished it. Shit was really good, outside of gore for the sake of gore.

>>93753786
>Romania
>fictional
wut
>>
>>93756386
It's set in Japamania.
>>
>>93756386
>Wallachia
>Real
>>
>>93754961
Bone tossing skeletons are a must.
Any of the enormous Armors/Guards.
>>
>>93756758
>Wallachia or Walachia is a historical and geographical region of Romania. It is situated north of the Lower Danube and south of the Southern Carpathians. Wallachia is traditionally divided into two sections, Muntenia and Oltenia.
>>
>>93756386
The franchise wasn't set in Romania for a pretty good chunk of its existence, and they seemingly threw that out the window years later, even before the reboot. Also, the castle itself canonically moves around the continent. So I think fans are watching the show and going in with their understanding of the series' (constantly changing) setting.
>>
I want more Sypha lewd
>>
>>93756923
What did the fujoshits already took over and are spamming Trevor/Alucard?
>>
>>93756923
I assure you Rule 34 is currently churning away. Somewhere.
>>
>>93756824
>Eastern europe
>existing
????
Huh?
>>
>>93757009
Let me help. The word you were looking for was "4. Profit"
>>
The only thing I didn't like was how Trevor was getting ready to go all Assassin's Creed on that guard when he was sneaking into the city.
>>
>>93756923

Not much on the doujin front for the series, I'm afraid.
>>
I'd fuck alucard.
>>
>>93757756
Get in line, son.
>>
>>93757756
Faggot.
>>
>>93748937
>Ellis
No wonder it was shit. If I want edginess and opinion on British politics I'd ask a faggot.
>>
>>93752293
>>93757756
I beat you to this hours ago. It'll be ME he turns gay, uh...Faggot?
>>
>>93756923
Go to /aco/ or /trash/ and spam, spam like your dick depends on it.
>>
File: Contempt for white males.png (408KB, 697x559px) Image search: [Google]
Contempt for white males.png
408KB, 697x559px
>>93750153
>using anime tropes

What?
>>
>>93757007
There's two NSFW drawings on tumblr and they're from before this show even premiered. I thought that site was for normies, and people already say this show is for normies. Where are my righteous tits?
>>
File: 1476039803420.gif (2MB, 382x289px) Image search: [Google]
1476039803420.gif
2MB, 382x289px
>>93746066
>Wasn't about Richter
>>
>>93756959
Soon, anon. Soon.
>>
>>93749985
Already happened.
>>
>>93758510
No. Fuck. Link?
>>
>>93758395
The rules exist for a reason.
>>
File: tumblr_ossqx1trZH1s1n1olo1_1280.png (840KB, 1280x1249px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ossqx1trZH1s1n1olo1_1280.png
840KB, 1280x1249px
>>93756923
Better embrace the lewds you're going to get.
>>
File: Carrie and Marie.jpg (134KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Carrie and Marie.jpg
134KB, 1000x800px
It needs more adorable lolis. A series starring Carrie would be adorable.
>>
>>93758660
eh could have been worse.
>>
>>93756923
A "Free Beer" sign hung over her bottom.
>>
>>93758685
This is a blue board.
>>
File: Sypha.gif (2KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Sypha.gif
2KB, 256x224px
>>93758660
I see nothing wrong with it
>>
>>93758710
There's no nudity, so it isn't really breaking any rules. Stop being a fucking prude.
>>
File: 1487558906899.png (156KB, 246x262px) Image search: [Google]
1487558906899.png
156KB, 246x262px
>>93758660
How would there be more Belmonts if Trevor was gay?
>>
>>93758785
Alucard is trans.
>>
File: 22218203_p0.jpg (112KB, 700x839px) Image search: [Google]
22218203_p0.jpg
112KB, 700x839px
>>93758682
>Carrie
she is only for retconning and bullying
>>
File: Carrie Fernandez.jpg (89KB, 778x1028px) Image search: [Google]
Carrie Fernandez.jpg
89KB, 778x1028px
>>93758938
She is clearly best loli. She's got a great pair of legs.
>>
>>93759018
I mean...This is before Richter...Meaning... Theoretically...Maria as a kid, yeah?
>>
>>93757083

I don't think anyone existing in Eastern Europe, regardless of the ????, has ever made a profit out of it.
>>
>>93759206
Kek.
>>
>>93759206
The Mafiya, oil oligarchs and Putin.
>>
File: 63788715_p0.png (3MB, 1191x1614px) Image search: [Google]
63788715_p0.png
3MB, 1191x1614px
>>93756923
be happy if you find decent art of the show at all
>>
>>93759330
Atrocious.
>>
>>93759018

Die, monster. You don't belong in this game.
>>
>>93754683
Yes, telling the truth is the Christian thing to do. Thus: >What an ungrateful cunt you are.
>>
>>93746066

Great but when is he going to vania some castles instead of hang around in a town outside?
>>
>>93750097
I might watch this because I'm a Castlevania fan. But this "not anime but better than anime" thing you guys do is really fucking pathetic. Clinging to every last moderately decent cartoon you can, calling 5/10s 10/10s to justify your hobby.
"Don't worry there's no cute girls!" is the most childish selling point I've heard.
>>
>it was a dark and spooky Halloween night
>when I Dracula decided to invite
>all my freaky friends who were there in a flash
>to a big dance party a Monster mash
>>
>werewolf, Frankenstein and mummy were there
>while medusa fed some mice to the snakes in her hair
>it was a groovy good time for a vampire bite to jump out of his coffin and...
>>
File: DUAV6ij.png (11KB, 256x200px) Image search: [Google]
DUAV6ij.png
11KB, 256x200px
>>93759616
you started outside in CV3 too
get friends , travel to castle , enter castle and finally beat drac.

trevor only just got his friends. rest is season two
>>
>wait? What was that?
>>
>TIS I!
>NEVER FEAR ANONYMOUS SHITPOSTER IS HERE
>TO CRASH THIS THREAD WITH ALL THE MEMES YOU HOLD DEAR.
>I'LL PUT AN END TO YOUR CRUEL CRITICISM
>>
>>93759756
I really hate theyr shitty music.
>>
>>93755151
> so the woman he became immortal in the first place wasnt his true love
Lisa looked almost exactly like Elisabetha. There was a 400-year period between when Elisabetha died and when Dracula met Lisa. What would you do if the spitting image of your dead wife--who you sacrificed your humanity for--suddenly showed up at your doorstep after nearly half a millennium?
>>
>>93746066
Needs more varied monsters. I get not wanting to use generic zombies and zombies, but some flying skeletons, Medusa heads, and flea men would be appreciated.
>>
>>93760198
probably won't get that until we're in the castle
>>
>>93760248
This. I think the bosses in Castlevania games are like residents of he castle, whereas goblins and zombies and shit are the ground troops during his Human Extinction Attack.
>>
DIE MONSTER.
YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD!
>>
>>93760683
What is a man?
>crash
A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk! HAVE AT YOU!
>>
>>93749116
Some muthafuckas always try'n to ice skate uphill
>>
>>93760815
Wat.
>>
>>93760355
>Residents of the castle
Naw. Everyone in the castle is his servant or his enemy. There's rarely anyone else.
>>
>>93760861
Shame on you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXhKzY0BKwY
>>
>>93760954
What I meant by that is that the bosses are he big guns. They live inside to protect their Lord. Random skeletons and demons are small game and even in the anime, die quickly when confronted by anyone with any skill. The bosses are more like roommate bodyguards who owe the landlord infinite rent they pay with their lives.
>>
>>93746066
Without reading what everyone else is saying, I found it really annoying.

I really liked the first episode. Making Dracula a tragic villain is how it should be.

And then Trevor is introduced and the rest of the series just became a mess. Trevor is how I would have imagined Grant Dynasty to be.

The show seemed like it was trying too hard to be edgy, using the 'adults only' tag as an excuse to say 'fuck' and 'shit' a lot, one dimensional cliche "THE CHURCH IS EVIL' villains.

Why the fuck is the city still standing after that attack? I thought everyone got killed. And not only is there still a functioning city, but no one is fleeing in terror? Also, how does the majority of the city NOT know it was the church's doing, after Dracula's fire cloud, fifty meter wide face is in the sky for all to see and loudly says why he is killing them?

And I think they mistook Alucard for the Vampire Lestat. I do not mind that they went with the SotN look int his show, but they could have at least held back the mech designs of his room till a later series. There is a reason why things look more modern in other games due to the century long gaps.

The good? Again, I really liked the first episode. And the art designs were well done. Some good voice acting. Atmosphere was great till the writing butted in.

They could save this series, but get Ellis off the writing team.
>>
>>93746130
Dammit. I knew I forgot something.
>>
>>93760959
Ohhhhh. I gotcha. Good reference. Unfortunately, the Blade movies aged like literal shit.

Also, surely that's not the first media to depict the dagger kick thing.
>>
>>93748572
>GoT invented fur mantled capes
You're too casual to be here, you have to go back.
>>
>>93760683

WHAT IS A MAN
>>
>>93760683
>>93760732

>>93761098
Are you fucking blind?
>>
I just realized something. If Dracula was a young 20-something when he became Dracula in 1094, and now in the 1400s he physically looks like he's in his 40s, then shouldn't Alucard look significantly older by the time Aria of Sorrow takes place? If Dracula is anything to go by, then vampires do age physically slowly but surely even if they are immortal.
>>
>>93761228
It's a show/game/series about men turned into blood drinking demons with magic powers in our world, that's somehow not our world, with everything from time travel to Resurrection. You're thinking too hard, anon. Pretend Dracula ages at X factor, and that he'd look how he does due to such. Same for Alucard. The true answer is younger Dracula and older Alucard are cooler, time-frames be damned.
>>
>>93760248
Maybe, but I'm not asking for Axe Knights or Bone Pillars or something. I just want my iconic Castlevania mooks.

Besides, imagine how much fun the flea men would have butchering townsfolk.
>>
File: 1447882821339.jpg (427KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1447882821339.jpg
427KB, 1536x2048px
>mfw if the show lasts long enough to cover Alucard in SoTN facing off with Fake Sypha and Trevor and maybe Fake Grant
>>
File: 223b9b4ba606779b42bdebecc91e1b73.jpg (649KB, 1280x992px) Image search: [Google]
223b9b4ba606779b42bdebecc91e1b73.jpg
649KB, 1280x992px
>>93754043
I wonder.
>>
>>93756107
>its not a season its a movie
That's literally what it is. This was originally going to be a series of three movies, but they decided to make it into a show instead. The first "season" is just the first movie divided up into 4 episodes. The next season is just movies 2 and 3 divided into 8 episodes.
>>
>>93758463
>starting with Richter
wew. Richter is the Jotaro of Castlevania.
>>
>>93761419
>that hand
Jesus Christ, I love Kojima's designs overall but she really needs to pay more attention to proportions.
>>
>>93754176
>anti-Christ =\= Satan
>>
>>93761667
His is Satan's representative on Earth, though.
>>
>>93761419
He never looked as faggy in SoTN as he did in the series.
>>
>>93761528
You mean Simon.
>>
Just finished episode 4
>Belmont crash-course teaching commoners how to fight demons
>Commoners actually don't lose their nerve and do okay
>Castle/ruins full of weird technology
>All three heroes being rad as hell
>Sypha a cute

My body is so fucking ready right now for season 2
>>
>>93761708
His face looks slightly manlier to me, but whatever.
>>
>>93746130
Pretty much this.
For discussion, a lazy-ass re-edit where some nigga just put orchestral Beginning in the intro. It works.
>>>/wsg/1770622
>>
>>93761708
Are you serious he started the "Ayami Kojima must now make every CV Hero into a white-haired waif" thing only occasionally giving us mainly looking dudes like her take on Trevor and Richter. Even my dad initially thought he was a girl.

I just wish Robert Belgrade could act worth a damn. He needs that other-worldly deep fucking voice
>>
>>93761829
I thought his voice in the show was fucking great.
>>
>>93749883
It's the hair
>>
File: 23543453453.png (643KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
23543453453.png
643KB, 600x800px
>>93761708
Nigga you've gotta be kidding me.
>>
>>93758526
It's buried in an ever increasing pile of fan wank but the jist of it was "oh, Alucard didn't react to being kicked in the balls; almost as if he had no dick. Could he be trans?" All I could think was 'that's not what trans means you dipshit".
>>
>>93761849
Yes, he was fine. Everyone was, even mumbly quiet fucking Matt Frewer as the bishop. I just have a soft spot for Belgrade's Alucard.
>>
File: timeline-side2.jpg (728KB, 1056x2976px) Image search: [Google]
timeline-side2.jpg
728KB, 1056x2976px
>>93761736
not that guy but Simon is far later in the timeline
>>
>>93761748
Yeah, Castle hazards were cool and unexpected
>>
>>93761736
Simon is the Joseph.
>>
>>93761038
Its the only other one that features a vampire hunter doing it that I know of
>>
File: DIO vs Jonathan.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DIO vs Jonathan.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>93761925
literally DIO and jonathan scene
>>
>>93761877
Damnit, man. Can we have nothing? Effeminate dude, sure. Not a fucking WtM transition. He just has iron vampire balls. They should fuck off doing that to fucking EVERYTHING.
>>
>>93761971
Probably true, but I'm going to choose to believe Castlevania ripped it from something else, and not Blade. The fights in Shippuden being rehashed Cowboy Bebop fights frame for frame in certain instances already crippled me a bit. I won't do it again.
>>
File: 4353453453.png (698KB, 913x1053px) Image search: [Google]
4353453453.png
698KB, 913x1053px
>>93761877
I mean. I don't exactly have any first-hand experience with being trans, but I don't think it's possible to get a build like this as a trans man. At least not in the 1400s.
>>
>>93760355
Close. According the novel Reminisce of the Divine Abyss, a weaker replica of Dracula's Castle has an infinite amount of monsters and the castle itself is even made out of monsters. The same is likely true for the real Dracula's Castle since it's obviously much stronger and the manifestation of Drac's will. Once more, these monsters all come from the tortured souls of the Abyss, which is a dimension consisting of at least 6 hells, one of which is big enough to house multiple galaxies.
>>
>>93761007
>THE CHURCH IS EVIL'
You stupid christians keep getting triggered by this shit.
>>
>>93762128
Well I beg to differ the diets of the time where a little better imo sugar and salt wheren't as common as to day for one.
>>
>>93761007
>Why the fuck is the city still standing after that attack?

The city that Dracula hovered over and build his castle is a wildly different one from the one Trevor is in. That's why the priest said he moved away last year due to disagreements with the archbishop.

>I thought everyone got killed.

Everyone in that town did get killed, this one has mostly been living in fear.

> And not only is there still a functioning city, but no one is fleeing in terror?

You know what I actually have to give you that one, everyone was way too blase about fucking demons eating babies. There are heads on pikes and everyone is just talking like normal.

>Also, how does the majority of the city NOT know it was the church's doing,

He only told the OG city that, the same one he rose his castle in, none of the other cities got the firecloud monologue. They have no idea why it's happening except the bishop.

>but they could have at least held back the mech designs of his room till a later series.

But those giant wheels are based off the actual levels.
>>
>>93762133
Fuck me. Amazing. Sources. Give me all your sources. I god damned LOVE Castlevania and have even made songs dedicated to it. I don't know where you got all that. I mean, some of it is kind of hinted in some of the games, but that sounded like you found a Castlevania Historia or some shit.
>>
>>93761994
>>93762128
I was more annoyed at the idiot logic being used to even consider him trans. If you're going to virtue signal you should at least know what the hell you're talking about.
>>
>>93762223
Agreed. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>93762183
You fedora fags keep pushing this historically dubious narrative.
>>
>>93759629
I'm in the camp that thinks this is legit better than every anime airing this season and I couldn't agree more. Every time someone claims a show like Steven Universe or Star vs is better than anime I cringe because holy fuck the autism.

>"Don't worry there's no cute girls!" is the most childish selling point I've heard.

That's the tell-tale sign someone's a fag. This is especially hilarious if the one saying this is from /co/, a board that waifufags even more than /a/ does.
>>
>>93762261
Not to mention it's flat-out wrong, as this does have a cute girl. And even a bishounen.
>>
>>93762261
Agreed. I've played a fuck ton of Castlevania, and I LOVE this anime. Can't fucking wait for season 2. Did anyone ever have an official source when that's expected to come out?
>>
>>93762250
You fucks keep chucking responsability of your attrocities to other denominations.
>>
>>93762221
It's from the novel Reminiscence of the Divine Abyss, which takes place after Dawn of Sorrow, you can read a fan translation here: http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=6118.0
>>
>>93762403
I love you, anon. Too bad I'm already married. If she dies, I'll hit you up. This shit's canon, you say?
>>
>>93761093
I literally said they didn't invent that shit, keep up
>>
>>93761228
They likely only age when not asleep. Alucard slept a lot.
>>
>>93762450
It's approved, like all spin-off material at the time, by Igarashi himself, and it takes place in the main timeline, so it more or less is unless Konami makes a game that supersedes it, and that's pretty damn unlikely. Even if it did happen it'd just mean its an alternate timeline, and if there's one thing from Judgement as canon, it's that alternate timelines do in fact exist.
>>
>>93762601
Good enough, friend. In I go.
>>
>>93762524
My question is: How much time passed from Vlad meeting Lisa to Lisa being burned, and then how much time has passed since Lisa's burning? Was Dracula travelling for like 20 years? Longer? Lisa still looked young at the stake. I'm just a bit confused on the timeline.
>>
>>93762219
okay. I guess I looked away when the city name popped up. It looked the same.

Still think the writing was shit.
>>
>>93747723
Ah sweet poetic justice. The irony of this scene gave me such satisfaction. That demon was on point.Thanks anon.
>>
>>93762378
The point being made is that it was cliche and not subtle, with every single priest being a one dimensional villain ready to kill a person at the drop of a sin.
>>
>>93762712
This is one place the show seems to deviate; No hard timeline has really been given but the SOTN manual aged Alucard somewhere around 400, putting Lisa's lifetime somewhere in the mid-late 1300s, not within a year of CV3's events.
>>
>>93762804
These priests in this fictional title were. Get the fuck over it. It's a world of vampires and magic. Don't you have some Harry Potter fan to yell at somewhere or something? Also, I'm not the anon your quibbling with. I guess I am now, though.
>>
>>93762804
It was hinted at those where mostly hired thugs.The bishop was insane too. The demon basically confirmed god as real and he didn't favor the bishop.
>>
>>93762847
No calm down a bit he's not being pushy or anything.
>>
>>93762183
>>93762250
>>93762378
>>93762804

>>93762876
This doesn't irritate you in a Video Game adaptation Anime thread? I'm pretty done with it.
>>
No Michiru Yamane soundtrack
No grim reaper
No flea men
No flying medusa heads
No skellerang
No lost library
No pot roast

What's the fuckin point?
>>
>>93762947
Not an anime.
>>
>>93762947
No.Why should it?
>>
>>93762975
Give it time! Have faith, anon! I'm hoping to hear Lost Portrait or Bloody Tears and see Galgamoth, myself.
>>
>>93762975
Do you want the problems other adaptations face plus the problems anime suffers or you want a good story with good animation?
>>
>>93746066
i liked it,is full of cliches but it was overall good
>>
>>93763013
I want skellerangs
>>
File: 1497442428901.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1497442428901.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>93762981
>>
>>93762378
What atrocities? The ones inflated/invented by Protestants and "Enlightenment" fedora fags?
>>
File: 1498165223221.jpg (8KB, 326x179px) Image search: [Google]
1498165223221.jpg
8KB, 326x179px
>>93763233
>>
>>93762712
Lisa met Dracula 20 years before she was burned, making alucard under 20 years old during the show.
Considering vlad seemed pretty familiar with alucard, it seems like he had been traveling back and forth, not taking one long trip
>>
>>93763233
Casuals don't know that the Inquisition abuses were predominantly nobles and royalty taking advantage of the pope being in rome and using his name to commit personal vendettas. It's a fair mistake, since they literally claimed the church did it.
>>
>>93763318
Hm. It's a little wonky, clearly, as evidenced by you and other anons. I honestly don't know how to justify it from the game either, if you think about it. If Alucard is 400, Lisa is...what, when she died? Did Dracula wait to attack 300+ years? Or was Lisa somehow superhumanly aged without being a vampire? Idk. Fuck it. It's still good, damnit.
>>
>>93763057
Kek
>>
So does it bother people that the show was so slow? I feel like nothing was accomplished in the 4 episodes we were given. It's honestly my only major complaint is how slowly the plot is moving.
>>
>>93762975
Wait til part 2. We haven't even reached the castle yet.
>>
>>93763416
Keep in mind it was originally a movie. First act was assembling the avengers. Next act will be on the way to big bad. Last act will be big bad, setup for next season. Probably. I could be full of shit.
>>
>>93758785
They have the science and technology, passed down by Alucard's parents.
>>
>>93763382
400? Sotn takes place in 1797, hence the french colonial garb alucard wears
That would make him closer to 350 with this timeline. The games originally didn't give alucard a birth year, just that it was in the 1400s
>>
>>93763375

>The pope wasn't evil and therefore the whole church is innocent!
>>
>>93763540
>a handful of priests acted inappropriately at one point or another, therefore the whole church was corrupt.
>>
>>93763526
Ok. So Alucard is 350 then at he death of his mortal mother? Tell me how that makes sense. We know it's been 1 year from her death to the razeing of Wallachia. How does that line up if Alucard is 350+ years old sleeping in The Catacombs?
>>
>>93763540
I don't think you understand
It wasn't the church
It was the local governments acting under the name of the church. They even went so far as to get existing bishops pushed out so they could install their own, loyal to the throne bishops.
The entire middle ages is rampant with power hungry land grabs and prosecutions pretending to be the church. A lot of times there was nothing the pope could do to stop them.
This is all a result of the end of the holy roman empire.
>>
>>93763652
The anime takes place during castlevania 3, 1476, not symphony of the night, 1797.
Alucard was in both games.
>>
>>93753507
Kain really is the benchmark, but his mythos is entirely different then the classical christian one used as the base in castlevania.

Its hard to compare them both. Though I could listen to Simon Templmen read from a phone book in the Kain voice and never tire of it.
>>
>>93763684
....If Lisa...Is Alucard's mother...How can he exist before her? This shit isn't lining up.
>>
>>93763685
I prefer the original Alucard voice, myself. So deep and calm and powerful. Also "...What!?"
>>
>>93763749
You are confusing something.
>>
>>93763749
alucard is 20 in the show
>>
>>93763937
You sure? Give me these dates:
>When Dracula met Lisa
>When Alucard was conceived.
>Age of Lisa on burning.
>Age of Alucard on Lisa's burning.
>>
>>93763968
And
>Year of attack on Wallachia/Alucard's age on awakening.
>>
>>93763968
met in 1455
burned in 1475
so presumably Alucard is ~20
>>93763990
attack happens the year after burning so 1476
>>
File: 1467591887686.png (491KB, 442x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467591887686.png
491KB, 442x600px
>>93750266
>Show me an authority on the subject who says anime can ONLY come from Japan

There is no authority other than the fucking definition of the word "Anime". You don't get to eat meat, hunt animals, wear leather an d call yourself a vegan because the definition of vegan states otherwise.
Likewise "anime" means japanese animation, AKA cartoons made in japan.
And yes that includes this thing >>93750229 aswell
>>
>>93763890
yeah, the depth of his voice gave a rather stark masculine quality in his otherwise feminine appearance and it was rather fitting.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-10-00-53-28.png (117KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-10-00-53-28.png
117KB, 540x960px
>>93764043
Try again.
>>
Is it just me or did the animation have lack of weight and force?
>>
>>93753703
There's clearly a difference between legit priests whom God still favors and ones like the Bishop.

The demon straight up tells the Bishop that he done goofed and God isn't having it anymore. That's why the demons can enter the church and why the Bishop was not protected.
Yet that single good priest was able to help fight the demons.

Trevor himself knew that a good priest must still be around and he says his whip was consecrated to fight demons. Trevor is able to differentiate between "The Church" and honest believers.
>>
>>93764396
How so?
>>
>>93753805
>The Inquisition didn't even execute that many people, and that was only after they had been given years to recant.
Oh. Well that's different. Wrongful imprisonment and torture is totally reasonable if its done over the course of years rather than days or weeks or months...
also
>condemns protestant propaganda
>links to catholic propaganda site
idiot
>>
>>93764396
I was more bothered by how off-model the characters looked sometimes. I'm a real stickler about consistency.
>>
>>93764447
>Wrongful imprisonment and torture

Neither were used regularly by the inquisition.

Pove it's propaganda, you cunt.
>>
>>93764104
That's a pretty retarded definition regardless of which side you stand on, to be fair.
>>
>>93747261
>Devilman
Good taste my /m/an
>>
>>93764451
I thought they were pretty good. I mean, the original artwork was pretty exaggerative in nature and the game was...Pixels. So I feel they had quite a bit of wiggle room.
>>
>>93764468
I happen to agree with it. Originated in Japan. Evolved and executed elsewhere.
>>
>>93764475
Devilman had good art, but Go Nagai can't write for shit.
>>
>>93755948
Castlevania 3 takes place before Castlevania 1 and 2 so if they go by timeline (but don't want to waste time on how Dracula and the Vampire Killer actually came to be) they kind of have to start with 3. Also a bigger cast, since 1 and 2 is just Simon.
>>
>>93764462
The fact that it's a site built specifically for Catholics to argue against atheists is propaganda, cunt. The fact that you are seriously being an inquisition apologist means you've drunk the kool-aid, cunt.
>>
>>93764490
The "originated in Japan" part isn't what I was talking about. I was talking about the vibrant colors and action-filled fantasy/sci-fi plots part, since there are countless anime that does not fit either of those things.
>>
>>93764526
>The fact that it's a site built specifically for Catholics to argue against atheists

So? Prove the information is wrong, you faggot. You're just repeating the same retarded pop history that's been debunked countless times.
>>
>>93764528
Oh. I entirely agree. Apologies. The definition just needs an ",etc." to be accurate, though.
>>
>>93764523
Yeah 3 is the best place start. Doesn't matter who or how Dracula came to be, or exactly when the Vampire Killer was created (both things were botched in Lament of Innocence).
III is the start of the full-on war against Dracula directly.
>>
>>93764477
I don't mean consitent to the original artwork of the games, I mean consistent within the show itself. When a character's face or body is drawn differently from shot to shot, that's called being "off-model," and it happened quite a lot during Alucard's entire scene.
>>
>>93758660
Wasn't Trevor actually Alucard's son for a time until they retconned Sonia out of existence.
>>
>>93764546
Agreed. Sensical starting point. They could even flash back and fix what LoI botched.
>>
>>93764546
I'd be cool if they could make a season out of Order of Ecclesia (to rake in those sweet sweet strong independant woman bucks) and Aria of Sorrow (for the 'Dracula' is good now twist)
>>
>>93764540
>debunked countless times.
By Catholic sources? That would be very convenient now, wouldn't it? Fuck off, father.
>>
>>93764550
Oh. Yeah. That. I'm pretty sure they're doing that to imply speed or something. It didn't irk me much, as they were drawn fine in non-combat. Shippuden got retarded in some of the fast action fights as do a lot of animes.
>>
>>93764429
The first thing that comes to mind is whenever person/monster was cut half in half, the sword went through the body like a hot knife through butter.
Swords clashing each other felt good though.

>>93764451
Yeah that's the other thing that i think they could have done better.
>>
>>93764546
>both things were botched in Lament of Innocence
What makes you say that? LoI wasn't a very good game but I didn't think the additions to the lore were too bad. Though granted it heavily relies on the tragedy of the hero and antagonist losing their love interests, and those love interests are extremely generic which makes it hard to feel invested. Come to think of it, is Trevor the only Belmont whose girl isn't completely boring?
>>
>>93764571
>Order of Ecclesia
Literally nothing of value or consequence happened in that story though....
I've been dying for a proper Julius Belmont/ Demon Castle War of 1999 telling for years though
>>
>>93764572
By the BBC, of all places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY-pS6iLFuc
>>
>>93764578
No, they were definitely drawn off-model during static talking scenes and that was actually what I was talking about. Alucard's face grew 10 inches in length it seemed at one point.
>>
>>93764559
And even then it would just need to be a small flashback on Dracula's part because he sees some of Leon's traits in him namely the love for piss play
>>
>>93764613
To be entirely truthful, I was stoned during both my watching of all 4 episodes. So. Maybe I'm just an unobservant fuck. But with increased interest should come increased quality, eh?
>>
>>93764592
Didn't the Battle of 1999 take place in Japan? I didn't mind it in AoS and DoS, but I really prefer a Western setting for Castlevania whenever possible instead of shoving in all this Shinto shit because grorious nippon culture. At least a Belmont was still the main player.
>>
>>93764640
It makes the most sense to me around Romania and Transylvania and the like, but to each his own, anon.
>>
>>93764592
That's not entirely true. Shanoa saved the Belmont clan, since the entirety of the town turns out to be descendants of them without them knowing.
Otherwise it could serve as an example that even without a Belmont Humanity would find a way to drive away the darkness (heck Shanoa all but quoted Simon).
>>
>>93764656
It does, but eventually they decided to make Castlevania appear whever the fuck it wanted because that was the excellent excuse to switch up the areas from game to game.

That being said that they used Japanese folkloke in the Aria area was actually not that bad, because from a western viewpoint that stuff is probably the one type of mysticism that Dracula won't know and thus it would be an effective weapon.
>>
>>93764494
Nevermind youre a fag repeating a lame meme
Spawn aint got shit on Devilman
>>
>>93764588
First off, making the whip a tool of alchemy, with the tortured soul of a woman inside of it strikes me as kind of try-hard when all the whip needed to be was a holy relic, blessed by God to kill demons.

I hated Matthias Cronqvist thing and how his plan required the soul of a Not-Dracula to become a vampire and all that crimson/ebony stone bullshit. All we need is for Dracula to forsake his humanity and curse God to become what he became.

LoI also muddied the waters because it had already been established that Dracula is Vlad Tepes and Matthias Corvinus is also a real person with close ties to Vlad.

The whole thing was needlessly convoluted and it was painfully obvious that Iga was trying to be Hideo Kojima with his stoytelling bullshit.

If Mattias were to be shown to not be Dracula but rather his mentor later or something then fine but the official word was Mattias is Dracula and that's lame in my opinion. Granted I gave much more of a shit about CV canon a decade ago than I do now...
>>
>>93764720
Go Nagai is an "idea guy". He doesn't actually know how to finish a story or see it through.
>>
>>93758785
bisexuality is awesome. fuckings for everyone
>>
>>93764741
>know how to finish a story
>Literally describing every mangaka that ever lived
>Implying THAT ending wasn't ballsy as all hell regardless
Certainly blew my mind
>>
>>93764737
It's actually the love of said woman that gives the Vampire Killer it's power and she loved Leon so much that said love extends to all of his descendants and grant them the full power oft he Vampire Killer.

As for the Mathias thing, who gives a shit?
The Dracula in the Castlevania games has been so far removed from the original one that he might as well be a different person. In fact in the eyes of copyright he is, since that version of Dracula belongs to Konami but the original is still public domain.
>>
>>93764737
I've played everything from 1 to Lords of Shadow 2, and I think I mostly agree with this. Curse humanity because X, curse God, become FIRST vampire. God bless whip, fine. But Dracula is Vlad Tepes, and he should stay that way.
>>
>>93746066
pretty good but short

season 2 can't get here soon enough
>>
>>93764594
Oh! A documentary! Researched by a Catholic scholar no less. Interesting. Got one about the Pyramids being built by aliens, or where Atlantis is truly located? Thank god for documentaries, amirite?
>>
>>93764771
>Certainly blew my mind

That speaks ill of you and your imagination.
>>
File: vamp2256154.jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vamp2256154.jpg
93KB, 640x480px
>>93763685
Yeah, there's better versions of him.
>>
>>93764783
>It's actually the love of said woman that gives the Vampire Killer it's power and she loved Leon so much that said love extends to all of his descendants and grant them the full power oft he Vampire Killer.

He had to kill her with the whip so they could use alchemy to seal her soul in it. That, to me, is a much weaker origin than it being crafted with Godly intent to battle evil. Trying to remove God from the equation when so much the rest of it is based on Christian mythology is just silly and borderline euphoric nonsense.
>>
>>93763890
This is a Playstation black disc
>>
>>93764877
Ohhhhh fuck me, yes. Then that badass fucking screaming metal version of the...Entrance(?) song? Bitchin'. Raise your hand if you're retarded and played track 1 despite the warning.
>>
>>93762183

It´s been done to death in the last decades.
>>
>>93764891
I played the fuck out of my SegaCD and Saturn games as music CDs too. Learned REAL quick to skip track 1.
>>
>>93764916
Kek. Nothing like the literal sound of your data being read by an incorrect machine spit at you in garbled digital wails to teach you to respect technology.
>>
>>93764869
> based on Christian mythology
> silly and borderline euphoric
> muh hetero normative lifestyle is hip to be square, duh

Representing it in a non-euphoric believers' way might have been difficult and use of alchemy is a nod to non-monotheistic mystical systems exist or that they aren't as linear as to avoid manipulation.
>>
>>93764788
I actually like the idea of Dracula being a corrupted Belmont MORE than the Mathias/Leon thing. It's a good reason for why the Belmonts are singled out as the ones to clean up Dracula's mess all the time.

But now that I think about it, I don't remember the plot details of the Lord of Shadow games. I remember Alucard was an undead Trevor. Is that what happened?
And also there was a Victor Belmont at some point but I don't remember what he did
>>
>>93761925

If anyone is Joseph it's Trevor Fucking Belmont
>>
>>93764983
Ah yes. Hadn't thought of it that way before
(?)
>>
File: Sonia-.jpg (40KB, 286x354px) Image search: [Google]
Sonia-.jpg
40KB, 286x354px
>>93764989

Viktor was from that cancelled Dreamcast game alongside Sonia. Also Sonia is cooler than Leon
>>
>>93763890
The lecarde chronicles 2 just came recently if you want some new Robert Belgrade goodness
>>
>>93765000
Sonia's was the worst game of the entire franchise and she's non-canon anyway REEEEEEEE
>>
>>93764989
The plot was terrible in 2. Gabriel to Dracula? Brilliant. Zobek and shit? Pretty good. Alucard and the rest of 2? Terrible.
>>
>>93765020

Better than God of War of the Colossus knock off and Gabriel "Lets become a vampire of giggles' Belmont
>>
File: gfs_38554_2_1.jpg (27KB, 324x292px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_38554_2_1.jpg
27KB, 324x292px
>>93765020
Naw. Castlevania 2 for the regular Gameboy was the worst.
>>
>>93764085
I find his voice in this show better than both Lowenthal and Belgrade. Sort of sounds like a mix between the Lowenthal and his LoS voice while still having his own take.
>>
File: 1467280904368.jpg (90KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1467280904368.jpg
90KB, 640x619px
>>93753096
putlocker.today
>>
>>93764592
>I've been dying for a proper Julius Belmont/ Demon Castle War of 1999 telling for years though

Anon, don't you fucking get my hopes up like that. I've literally been dreaming about the Demon Castle War ever since Aria was released.
We got Julius Belmont, strongest of the line, Alucard himself, maybe the Portrait of Ruin duo if they're still alive (they'd be old as hell, but they'd be pretty useful), Yoko Belnades and the forces of the Church, and modern military forces going up against Dracula's armies?!

Almost more than the end of Berserk, a proper showing of that is my main motivation to stay alive in this world.
>>
>>93764541
The definition needs an "and made in japan" to be truthful.

That's the reason The last airbender or even this Catlevania tv series are not considered anime.
>>
>>93765225
I would consider both Castlevania and Avatar: The Last Air Bender to be anime.

Watch this:
>Western Anime
>>
>>93765276

I would consider you an idiot.

Watch This:
>Everything you just wrote.
>>
>>93765295
>I know you are, but what am I: The post.
>>
>>93765225
>Made in japan for a japanese audience.
>>
>>93765398
See? Even you "JAPAN ONLY
! REEEEE!" fuckers don't agree.
>>
>>93753507

Legacy of Kain would make for a really phenomenal show.
>>
File: castlevania.s01e04.webm (2MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania.s01e04.webm
2MB, 852x480px
>>93750824
>>
>>93765398
The Japanese animation industry is like American Hollywood.

Things are made to do alright at home, and get major fucking bank overseas. Japan has been making anime with America and western Europe in mind for about a decade.
>>
>>93765660
>Japan has been making anime with America and western Europe in mind for about a decade.
The only shows I know this was intended for was The Big O and maybe Panty and Stocking, though that had a social satire element to it specific to Japan. What other series were like that?
>>
>>93764737
>If Mattias were to be shown to not be Dracula but rather his mentor later or something then fine

I heard that was in Ellis' early drafts, maybe we'll see it in the show.
>>
>>93764862
That it makes me thing that the Castle is a remnant of Atlantis which in turn may have been Enoch.
>>
>>93747723
man they did their homework.
most written accounts of demons have them give similar doubt fostering banter.
fucking great.
>>
>>93746066
does anyone have the mega upload?
>>
>>93761708
He is like 300 years older then.
>>
>>93765660
>Japan has been making anime with America and western Europe in mind for about a decade.

I wish we could actually get access to these productions, which seem to exist in some kind of parallel dimension only you have access to.
>>
>>93765066
All that game needed was a speed boost and a rom hack does exactly that. Increased Belmont's walk speed and the whole game comes alive.
>>
>>93765634
I liked how Trevor used the whip. There was that instance when Alucard was airborne and Trevor snaps it to the side with his off hand to hit Alucard that I thought was neat.
>>
File: Castlevania-g-watermarked.jpg (22KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania-g-watermarked.jpg
22KB, 400x240px
Any good caps of fire Dracula?
>200% Disdain for plebs
>>
Did the christ fags leave?
>>
>>93761812
Tight
>>
File: 1495874539147.png (1017KB, 1149x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495874539147.png
1017KB, 1149x1200px
I'm going to enjoy seeing the horrible memes twitter and tumblr produce for this.
As opposed to the "good ones".
>>
>>93747071
Grant is a seaman who is returning home to Wallachia and finds his hometown over run by Castlevania itself. so he, in his pirate-y zeal attempts to storm the castle and gets transformed for his trouble and is then rescued by Trevor
>>
File: 1484413465362.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1484413465362.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>
File: 1474715662551.png (189KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474715662551.png
189KB, 600x640px
>>
File: 1483219402142.png (797KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483219402142.png
797KB, 1280x720px
http://spencerwan.tumblr.com/post/162711240568/

http://media.tumblr.com/3f1492cb177e0ac7626bb37ad287ad3a/tumblr_osqa4xzZ551r843z4o1_raw.png
>>
>>93768205
Hunchback of Wallachia.
>>
>>93746066
Just watched it, I liked it a lot.

Trevor Belmont is a prince.
>>
>>93747574
Wow, and Ellis wrote it
>>
File: tumblr_ost7hyxP8Q1t1h3xko.png (1MB, 1000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ost7hyxP8Q1t1h3xko.png
1MB, 1000x5000px
>>
File: 1491690964364.jpg (56KB, 495x700px) Image search: [Google]
1491690964364.jpg
56KB, 495x700px
>>
File: 1477079885082.png (113KB, 512x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1477079885082.png
113KB, 512x1024px
>>
File: 1495440219915.png (2MB, 2214x2405px) Image search: [Google]
1495440219915.png
2MB, 2214x2405px
>>
>>93768205
Varian Wrynn, Vampire Hunter
>>
>>93746066
It was good but not the most amazing animated show ever created as /co/ is trying to say
>>
>>93746066
I didn't like it honestly.
>>
>>93769467
>>93769444
>>93769418
>Trevor gets rid of his sick ass cape
Animators prolly got tired of drawin it, but damn I'll miss it
>>
>>93746066
USAnime wins again. Weebs blown the fuck out.
>>
Maybe we can export this to Japan and they'll think it's cool enough to go back to making anime with adult protagonists and violence again instead of little girls pretending to be in love with each other
>>
>>93770236
>instead of little girls pretending to be in love with each other
You're behind the times, It's all about self inserts being transported to another world where little girls pretend to be in love with them.
>>
>>93770294
Ahh yes, the cerebral 'isekai' genre

How could I forget
>>
>>93752185
It definetly is going to happen.
Episode 1 has a lot of throwbacks from Rondo and Symphony of the Night.
>>
>>93746130
Grant's coming next season I hope
>>
>>93769898
Pretty sure it's supposed to be a reference to the intro of Castlevania 3, he starts out with a cape/robe but swooshes it once and when the gameplay starts he's not wearing it anymore.
>>
>>93762947
Because Lisa was burned on a cross in SotN & also implied to be killed by a church because they thought she was a witch. OF COURSE THE CHURCH WOULD'VE BEEN INVOLVED IN THIS ADAPTION!
>>
>>93770483
I hope not.
>>
>>93761528
Heck, the VA for Richter is the same guy who voiced Jotaro in the Capcom games.
>>
>>93746066
I really enjoyed it. It was super fun, moved nicely, the voicework was fantastic, and it was pretty self contained, they didn't overextend which was why it might have felt short to some.

Also, I'm surprised that they did the whole 'church is evil' spiel correctly for once, and I'm saying this as a christian. All the write ups I might have had with it were resolved by the demon's speech of all things.

Plus, the whore of babylon is the church, is it not? So I actually had no qualms regarding that end. Nice job. As others have said, I hope this opens more doors for western animation.
>>
File: 1499113575593.gif (501KB, 500x258px) Image search: [Google]
1499113575593.gif
501KB, 500x258px
>>93771049
Then fuck off.
>>
>>93747718
You could say the same thing about the Witcher series.
>>
>>93770236
>>93770294
>All I know about anime is the mainstream shit
>>
>>93771310
Tell me what does grant bring to the story?Besides nostalgia faggotry that is.
>>
File: Naamloos-2 (1).png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2 (1).png
138KB, 350x350px
>>93771447
Piracy
>>
>>93771557
Oh god damn it.
>>
>>93771683
You did that to yourself. Grant needs more love since hes always had the short end of the stick. It's why I believe he needs to be in.
Thread posts: 515
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.