[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I sometimes wonder how many vocal haters of these movies are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: transformers_movie.jpg (36KB, 400x405px) Image search: [Google]
transformers_movie.jpg
36KB, 400x405px
I sometimes wonder how many vocal haters of these movies are actual TF fans....I'm not saying they are great, but it seems to me Transformers has always been a very niche thing...and it's suspicious to me that so many people have a problem with these movies who didn't seem to exist within the fandom prior to the movies at all
>>
>>93745789
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ruined_forever

most of them are fans, some are probably those who want the series to end regardless if they are part of the fandom or not (they want the tf movie money to be used for pone).
>>
>>93745789
The cartoons ran pretty constantly throughout the mid 80s to the early 2000s. It's really not that hard to believe that there would he a lot of fans of a series that's ran this long coming out of the woodwork to talk about how shitty these movies are.
>>
this latest film is a mess, and hardly coherent
>>
>>93745875
It is when those shows were far worse than these movies. Anybody who liked Beybladeformers or Pokeformers would not have an issue with Bayformers
>>
>>93745911
The fuck are Beybladeformers?
>>
>>93745789
Bayformers movies are so bad even non-fans hate them with a passion.
>>
>>93746443
unlikely that this is the one being referred to but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGr5g5baTFc
>>
>>93745911
Why not just throw Shrekformers in there too, YoungPrime?
>>
File: sad piece of shit.png (560KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
sad piece of shit.png
560KB, 1275x1650px
>first non-storytime transformers thread in 5 days
>fandom meta thread
can't we just love our robots anons?
>>
>>93746788
I can. I've enjoyed just about every series I've seen so far (Unicron Trilogy growing up, Animated, Prime, G1, and Bayformers). I don't really understand the hate for the Unicron Trilogy, but that was my starting point, so it's special to me.
>>
File: Capturezzz.png (34KB, 852x372px) Image search: [Google]
Capturezzz.png
34KB, 852x372px
>>93747034
unicron trilogy's weakpoint was big production issues that really messed with the show quality. not that noticeable when your a kid but anyone older could see the big drop in quality compared to the other shows, especially beast wars. i screencapped this post that explains most of what went wrong production wise.
>>
File: CZPfoU3XEAAJemH.jpg (59KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
CZPfoU3XEAAJemH.jpg
59KB, 600x424px
>>93747034
animation and dubbing errors mostly

energon just sucked at how to make people want to buy the toys (gimmicks are useless/not worth it in the show proper).

also personal reasons
>>
>>93745789
>and it's suspicious to me that so many people have a problem with these movies who didn't seem to exist within the fandom prior to the movies at all
Why is it suspicious to you and why someone needs to be a part of the fandom to have negative opinion on those movies?
>>
>>93745911
>the shows are worse than the movies
Most of them are pretty solid. Sure some were turds but almost every Bayformers movie is just a mindless popcorn flick with a retarded plot and a surprising lack of robots actually fighting. They suffer from the same problem the new Godzilla has where the executives think anyone gives a shit about Joe McHuman when the entire premise of the movie is watching giant shit fight, only Bay's movies have more blatant product advertising, and the human actors genuinely suck shit whereas at least Godzilla had Cranston to carry a good portion of the plot for them.
>Beybladeformers or Pokeformers
Speak English next time.
>>
>>93747525
>Why is it suspicious to you and why someone needs to be a part of the fandom to have negative opinion on those movies?
Because often their reasoning comes down to "muh raped childhood" as if the franchise ever meant jack to them in the first place
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.