[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is Peter a libertarian?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: 538cd3628a05e.jpg (172KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
538cd3628a05e.jpg
172KB, 940x529px
So is Peter a libertarian?
>>
>>93744573
Everyone at Marvel is a liberal these days. Even the industrialist with billions of dollars. oh, not to forget the atheist part.
>>
He was an objectivist who gave less of a shit about politics the more he grew up and began socializing.
>>
File: SpiderMan_02.jpg (110KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
SpiderMan_02.jpg
110KB, 600x586px
>>93744600
>Spider-Man
>athiest
>>
>>93744615
Hey, don't tell me that. Tell it to Slott. Both that mini with the Mexican heroes and the story at TASM 25 portray Peter as a fedora tipper. Same thing's been done to Stark, Richards and most major characters. The closest thing to a people with a spiritual link these days are the various sorcerers and Doom.
>>
>>93744573
>So is Peter a libertarian?
No, he's kind of a little bitch
>>
File: 1499594934242.jpg (30KB, 129x114px) Image search: [Google]
1499594934242.jpg
30KB, 129x114px
>>93744615
Caption this, /co/
>>
>>93744600
liberal =/= libertarian
>>
>>93744600

Daredevil is Catholic. And have you forgotten all the Jews in Marvel comics?
>>
>>93744685
>Daredevil is Catholic
Not anymore.
>>
>>93744724

Bullshit. Since when?
>>
File: 1499521604794.jpg (139KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1499521604794.jpg
139KB, 1200x1500px
I want to stick my totem up this spider.
>>
>>93744600

>these days
>>
>>93744724
That annoys me more than anything.
>>
>>93744623
>mini with the Mexican heroes
The what now?
>>
>>93744615
>god answers his prayer
>tells him to let go of Aunt May and let her find peace
>guilt trips MJ into selling his marriage and their unborn daughter to bring back Aunt May and make everyone forget his identity to the devil
>>
>>93744681
This is current year anon. If you're not a borderline communist you're a Nazi. I can differentiate between ideologies (not that good since I'm not based on the US and don't know about your parties that much, eg your liberal is our right wing), but Marvel can't.

>>93744685
No he's not. He's an atheist.

>>93744738
First few issues of the current run. Tenfingers asks him if he's a man of faith and he says "was". It's explored in the recent Daredevil vs Bullseye issue (20 or so). Basically he got pissed of because his life is shit and told God to fuck off. Oh, and he met a Priest that's DEUS VULT.

>>93744742
Especially these days.

>>93744766
It was a .1 book that run for 7 issues. It had "prayer" or something in the tittle. My LCS messed up and ordered it for me. A guy dies, somebody does some magic joujou and brings him back to life, everybody believes Jesus brought him back, but in the end it was jus magic joujou. Peter acts like a fedora tipper throughout the whole mini.
>>
>>93744808
Oh. Amazing Grace wasn't written by Slott, though. Also, the way you phrased it makes it sound like Peter would have been a stooge if he wasn't tipping.
>>
>>93744842
Yeah, bad phrassing I know. I meant to say tell that to both Slott's run and that other mini. Point is, there is a trend of making every single character an atheist. At least the previous Catholic or Christian-esque characters. Even the Deists and Seculars.
>>
>So is Peter a libertarian?

He doesn't charge for his services so no.
>>
>>93744573
depends who is writing him.
>>
>>93744628
peter finds out this was not simply a dream.jpg
>>
>>93744573

>lesbian

Why, yes.
He's totally munching carpet.
>>
>>93744808

Marvel has always been liberal.
>>
>>93744970
old school liberal =/= nuAge liberal
>>
>>93744607
This.
>>
>>93744998

>my knowledge of politics comes from 4chan, twitter and youtube
>>
>>93744808
DD better have a religious epiphany soon then. You can't have a non Catholic DD for long.
>>
>>93744573
Peter doesn't strike me as the sort of person who spends much time thinking about his political leanings but as a poor white kid who grew up in Queens surrounded by friends of all shapes and sizes and a hero who specifically sticks up for the little man, I find it hard to believe he would be anything other than left-leaning.
>>
>>93744573
Steve ditko peter seemed like a kid who would have shot up a school if he didn't get spidy powers, also ditko probably would have made him more conservative if not for stan reeling him in to make him more marketable to the kids.
>>
>>93745307
>if you have non-white friends you're probably left-leaning

american politics are so autistic
>>
File: protesters.png (537KB, 474x450px) Image search: [Google]
protesters.png
537KB, 474x450px
>>93745307
Ditko wrote him pretty right leaning.
>>
>>93745134
If you really believe that the left of even 20 or 30 years ago, much less 60 years back, resembles the one of today, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>93745331
>Ditko
>right leaning
Well, duhhhhh. That's like saying Hellcat is a demisexual panqueer because Kate Leth wrote her that way.
>>
>>93745432
Difference being Ditko is the original author. So one could reasonably interpret this to be the "true" Spiderman.
>>
>>93745331
DIkto wrote literally everyone as pretty right leaning.
>>
>>93745442
That's pretty specious reasoning in a medium like comics. The character belongs to the company, so there's no "true" depiction and his characterisation is constantly sliding and advancing over time. When you weigh up Dikto's early depiction of Peter Parker against all subsequent depictions, he becomes virtually unrecognisable. These days, the overwhelming majority of writers make Peter Parker out to be more politically neutral or left-leaning than anything else.
>>
>>93745267
It's okay for new characters to be muslims.
It's not okay for old characters to remain devout christians.
>>
>>93745472
It's current year anon. How long will it take you to accept Allah as the one true God?!
>>
>>93744808
>communist
BULL.FUCKING.SHIT.
People always whine about
>if you're not full communist , sjws call you a nazi
but that's crap. Most sjws have full on capitalism hard-ons. Maybe with some welfare thrown here and there for "oppressed" group but still capitalism-focused.
Wealth inequality? Class inequality? Fuck that shit, they don't care.
Hell, tell one of those fuckers that a rich woman or a rich nigger has it better than a middle class white guy. I fucking dare you.
Sanders tried to focus on that and put identity politics second and a ton of sjws went apeshit over it.

SJWs are not communists. American "liberals" are not left-y folk.
They're capitalist pricks, who think everyone except straight white guys should be given an extra head start.
>>
>>93745607
I don't know how they act in the real world anon, for I don't live near them. I'm going solely by the internet SJWs.
>>
>>93745628
same shit. Internet sjws don't want you to be "communist". Internet sjws consider wealthy black woman worse of than middle class white guy.
>>
>>93744615
Don't be the fool that thinks marvel writers care about continuity
>>
>>93745661
Depends. With the same logic you can call them racist because a white woman trumps a black man in their opressed scale.
>>
>>93745694
Sauce of that KINO page?

*tips fedora*
>>
>>93745698
That has nothing to do with communism. Communism focuses on wealth inequality. While sjws don't prioritise wealth inequality. They prioritise identity politics.
>>
>>93745416

>it's a "my worldview is based on the internet" episode
>>
>>93745711
Like I said, it depends. There are SJWs of all kinds. I'm just saying, you can't focus on just the identity politics and deduce from that fraction that there are none of them that support communism.
>>
>>93745755
>it's an "everything I say is correct and everyone else is /pol/" episode
>>
>>93745756
Anon, if all sjws support a and some also support b, but not all, then a is the sjw ideology.
In this case, a=identity politics, b=communism.
>>
>>93744600
Even there unironically catholic afterlife in marvel
>>
Anyone with common sense is :^)
>>
>>93745661

No they don't. Privilege is not about individuals you dingus.
>>
>>93745711

You can do both.
>>
>>93744600
>these days.
they always have been you moron, these comics have always been written by the left pushing progressive ideas
>>
File: one_or_the_other.gif (204KB, 504x705px) Image search: [Google]
one_or_the_other.gif
204KB, 504x705px
He's a Ditko character, so he's suppose to be an objectivist.
>>
I'm just going to ignore what I'm sure is a thread full of people who don't understand the definitions of the ideologies they're talking about.

>>93744573
No, in absolutely no sense is Peter a libertarian. Peter has never really espoused much of a political theory at all, being in general something of a principled pragmatist.

I could understand someone misunderstanding Ayn Rand's particular brand of objectivist ubermensch philosophy such that they see "With great power comes great responsibility" as a Randian libertarian indicator but that's a pretty big stretch.
>>
File: awwright.png (24KB, 177x207px) Image search: [Google]
awwright.png
24KB, 177x207px
>hey guys, I know civilization has been attempting to come up with the most functional possible government for thousands of years now, but I think I, a middle-class college student in his early 20's, have figured it out!
>See, we just privatize and deregulate everything. Profit incentive fixes everything because humans are clearly perfectly rational economic operators
>I can see no obvious problems with, say, privatized roads. Or privatized education. Or deregulated healthcare and farming and food production.
>someone acknowledge how smart I am come on you guys
>I bet superheroes agree with me
>>
SJW is basically a dead term at this point. No-one's going to give you a straight answer to what it means other than "someone who I don't like because I don't think they'd like me"
>>
>>93744607
>>93750115
These two are the only acceptable answers.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.