[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /co/ think of Kick-Ass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: cuck-ass.jpg (116KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
cuck-ass.jpg
116KB, 640x400px
what does /co/ think of Kick-Ass?
>>
It was a pretty good movie with a shitty sequel. I heard they released the film treatment as a comic?
>>
I like the movie more than the comic, I never read or saw the sequels
>>
>>93739284
>a shitty sequel
And yet it was still better than the Kick-Ass 2 comic.
>>
>>93739256
I really like 1 and the Hit Girl solo, 2 and 3 aren't as good but i still enjoyed them.

The first movie is great and second one is fine.
>>
>>93739256
>let me make a comic book about what would REALLY happen if someone tried to be a superhero in real life, they'd just get their ass kicked lmao
>actually let me add in these two badass as fuck vigilante characters that have extreme ninja skills and can kill all the baddies like in a video game

I see this a lot in various media, the creator tries to take the piss out of a trope by showing it in a realistic light but then can't help themselves but end up indulging in it
>>
The movie was okay, it made Roger Ebert rage. But I guess Hit-Girl got too old.

The comics, however, were pretty crappy, with the exception of the first issue ever, I remember everyone on /co/ was raving about it...then issue two came and ruined it. Everything great about the movie is lacking from the comic.
>>
faggot
>>
>>93739598
Is there a comic like the movie Super?

preferably no raep...
>>
>>93739256
The comics were great but the MC "retiring" and conforming to society was fucking retarded, Hit Girl becoming full on pariah then "adopting" Todd to be her sidekick was fucking stupid. If anything the roles should've been reversed with Hit Girl retiring to live a normal life and Kickass becoming a full time superhero.

The movies, if you disregard the source material, were also great in their own right and the ending of the sequel was also good, imo better than the comics. There's hope for a third movie but a source of a source said Aaron Johnson is gonna be approached very soon by DC for something.
>>
>>93739825
>preferably no raep...
I remember tumblr and feminists went apeshit because it showed a woman raping a man. Shit was hilarious with the double standards and irony.
>>
>>93739923
>I remember tumblr and feminists went apeshit because it showed a woman raping a man. Shit was hilarious with the double standards and irony.
pics pls
>>
>>93739923
You forgot that we learned Ellen Page was actually a lesbian which we didn't know when the movie came out which adds another element to it
>>
>>93739957
It's on Netflix you should watch it, though I think the outrage came because the rape was played for laughs(but it was still kinda funny)
>>
>>93740424
i wanted pics of butthurt desu
>>
>>93739256
It should have been more like Don Quixote but with superheroes.
>>
>>93739256
First movie is good, second one has a few good moments dragged down by a pointless Hit-Girl side story.

Comics are trash.
>>
>>93739598
Yeah, that confused me. I'd heard this was supposed to be a realistic take on superheroes, but then there's this child who can effortlessly kill dozens of heavily armed hardened criminals in seconds.
>>
>>93740639
You mean a mentally ill wealthy comic nerd who finally snaps and goes around town on "superhero adventures" enabled by his suffering sidekick/servant?

That actually would be kind of neat. Also, written out like that it kind of sounds like Batman...
>>
>>93740639
>>93740807
That's kind of what comic Big Daddy is, but neither him nor Hit-Girl should have been badasses, it doesn't make sense.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.