[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was Unlce Ben mentioned in Homecoming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: uncle_ben.gif (52KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
uncle_ben.gif
52KB, 320x240px
So was Unlce Ben mentioned in Homecoming?
>>
>>93733452
tony rdj stark is peter's new uncle
>>
>>93733452
Peter did a very vague 'i cant tell May because of all thats happened' bit. Thats as close as it gets.
>>
>>93733477
So why not a full mention, they don't need to show his death for the 3rd time but at least a mention of a character this important to Peter.
>>
>>93733604
I think they assume that the audience already knows peter's backstory even though they don't
>>
>>93734251
Who gives a shit if there's a few morons out there that don't know about Uncle Ben's rice? The lack of pointless rehashing of old bullshit was definitely a plus
>>
>>93733604
I'm glad they didn't to be honest. It's such well trodden territory at this point.
>>
>>93733604
>>93734251
Isn't if inferred pretty hard in Civil War when Peter and Tony are talking
>When you can do the things that I can, but you don't and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you
>>
>>93734477
The problem is if you look at the film on its own, it seems like Pete only does what he does to impress Mr Stark. And believe it or not, there are kids who's first introduction of Spider-man is this film. There's no need for an elaborate flashback, but atleast something to clearly show Peter does what he does because of Ben.
>>
>>93733452
I actually got that Aunt May's overprotectiveness of Peter is directly tied to Ben's death and not just because she's a kindly aunt for the first time in Homecoming. Ben has a presence, but he's never mentioned.
>>
>>93733604
>>93733452
>>93733469
Friendship with Uncle Ben is over, Uncle Tony is my friend now
>>
>>93733452
>oh, you're sad because a girl at your high-school doesn't like you back? Peter, when I was your age, I left school to bullseye gooks from a helicopter in the middle of some god forsaken jungle. Don't tell me you have it hard because you're a pathetic kissless virgin. You can act sad when you have to leave behind the lady-boy you fell in love with and made passionate steamy love to in a collapsing bamboo shack, just like I did. You think I felt good about firebombing his chink village and watching our fuck-hut burn to the ground? We were going to build our lives together there, Peter! You know what? Fuck you. Get the fuck out of my car.
how did raimi get away with this
>>
File: batlaughing.jpg (70KB, 519x600px) Image search: [Google]
batlaughing.jpg
70KB, 519x600px
>>93738501
Raimiposting truly is the only good thing to come out of the festering hellhole that is /tv/
>>
>>93733604
The movie already suffers from being bloated, it REALLY would not have helped to retread the backstory. It'll be more impactful if they do a flashback to it in a later movie.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.