[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 518
Thread images: 52

File: Spider-Man_Homecoming_poster.jpg (86KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_Homecoming_poster.jpg
86KB, 259x384px
How would you fix it?
>>
>>93726551

the part where it says 8 years later should say 5
>>
>>93726551
Add spider-sense, remove those special sensory modifiers. Less Karen. And actually give him a new costume in the end. Don't just show it to us for a few seconds in a display case.
>>
File: umaru smug.png (147KB, 540x367px) Image search: [Google]
umaru smug.png
147KB, 540x367px
>>93726551
Make it about Tony, because he's not a crybaby who cries when it's hard to be a superhero.
>>
>>93726699
Also, cut that Aunt May reveal. Total waste of time if they're not going to make it an important aspect of the story.
>>
More rainbow parties.
>>
File: 1460158124021.jpg (21KB, 690x455px) Image search: [Google]
1460158124021.jpg
21KB, 690x455px
Vulture was cool but his last fight with Peter was fucking lackluster as hell. Compare it to SM1's final fight with the green goblin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1etvYj6aPqY

Tense as hell.
>>
>>93726551
you can't fix perfection

that's like asking how to make a DC movie worse it just can't be done
>>
File: IMG_0212.jpg (44KB, 1200x684px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0212.jpg
44KB, 1200x684px
>>93726733
>cut Aunt May ending scene
>replace it with a credits scene where Aaron is still stuck to the car and calls his brother to help him
>"hey Miles, it's Uncle Aaron, is your dad there?"
>>
>>93726637
fpbp
>>
>>93726870
They make you shill on the weekend too? Jesus christ, I'd find a new job.
>>
>>93726699
The new costume was shit though.
>>
>>93726699
Wait, he didn't have spider sense?!
>>
>>93726551
More scenes with Vulture and his crew.
>>
>>93726918
Nothing was ever mentioned about it, they just basically said that his senses were dialed up to 11 in Civil War and nothing else was mentioned about it.
>>
Is it wrong that I wanted the movie to be more violent? It was already PG--13, might as well roll with it. The violence was on par with an animated Disney movie.
>>
This movie was half way to a sinister six, and I kinda wish they went full way.
>>
File: IMG_0213.jpg (75KB, 710x558px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0213.jpg
75KB, 710x558px
>>93726706
Tony doesn't cry. He just bottles it all up until it starts giving him fits of crippling autism
>>
>>93726939
well it is

if you want violent you should wait for Venom
>>
>>93726918
If he did he never used it.
>>
>>93726947
Scorpion is just a normal dude though.
>>
>>93726637
I like you.
>>
>>93726908
It'll probably look better in motion

>>93726918
Not in the traditional sense. He clearly has enhanced perception but he relies on the suit to perform the sensory feats he would normally use his spider sense for in other media
>>
File: IMG_0241.jpg (78KB, 382x321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0241.jpg
78KB, 382x321px
>>93726937
>>93726968
>>
>>93726978

Sure in this version, but the garage guys came up with shocker gloves and vulture wings, you don't think they could have done a scorpion tail and a rhino suit?
>>
>>93726551

Call it Iron Man 4
have less Spidey in it
More Iron Man

fixed
>>
>>93726551
more quirky kids and teachers.

not LARPing. it was supposed to be like a john hughes movie and the teen friends and teacher interaction was like 20 minutes of the movie. peter immediately left every situation were he could interact with the other teens and teachers to be spider-man. we didn't need 10 tension-less minutes of him trapped in a vault.
>>
>>93726918
He did, it was just never given any actual focus because most movie goers already know about that power and how it works.
>>
>>93726637
Give this man a job.
>>
>>93726551
Have him at least acknowledge that he recently lost a loved one. Maybe just a single sentence of "things have changed since my uncle died" or such shit. Felt weird that he talked around it like it had nothing to do with him.
>>
File: vulture.jpg (575KB, 1171x793px) Image search: [Google]
vulture.jpg
575KB, 1171x793px
>>93726551
>less Tony and Happy
>More friendly neighborhood spider-man doing friendly neighborhood things
>more Keaton Vulture

Besides that, it was a pretty good movie. The fact that it was relatively grounded compared to some MCU movies made it appealing.

It's kind of sad that the best MCU villain so far has been the Vulture, though.
>>
>>93726551
Get rid of that middle finger of an end credit scene
>>
>>93726939
Take into consideration the personality of this incarnation of Peter, and the circumstances he's being placed in.

Spidey himself gets slapped around more than enough. But when it comes to combat he's still not that experienced with his powers. So he's not gonna even try punching or using some intricate martial arts on a bunch of powerless thugs. Just web tricks and the occasional kick or grapple

But if he was fighting robots or aliens, you bet he'd be opening a can of whoopass.
>>
>>93727082
Based Keaton. Wasted on this shit. Would've been a god-tier Iron Man villain.
>>
File: IMG_4587.jpg (66KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4587.jpg
66KB, 599x600px
>Peter indangers the lives of people on the fairy fighting Vulture and iron man hates him
>Peter indangers the lives of people in sky scrapers fighting Vulture on a plane on Iron man loves him
>>
>>93726551
Less teen drama
>>
>>93727060
It's been almost a year now. He's enjoying high school. Why would he bring it up?

Plus he already sort of did. Remember "she's (May) already been through so much"
>>
>>93727060
he did. he told ned not to tell may he's spider-man,"not after all she had been through" and he got teary eyed.
>>
>>93727137
But he deliberately left himself out of the equation. It's a detachment and just seems weird.
>>
>>93727108
>the ferry
Peter didn't need to be there. If he stayed in contact with Tony he would've known the FBI was already there. And the destruction that ensued was entirely his fault.

Coney Island was a different scenario.
>>
>>93726551
Stop making Spider-man movies. The first two were fine.
>>
>>93727218
we'll stop after we get a proper venom movie
>>
>>93727178
I think he's just done mourning.
>>
>>93727199
He was still meddling in shit Tony told him not to and the plane crashed feet away from a populated area and we got no scolding at all it was poorly written.
>>
>>93726918
He did, but the point was he relies too much on the suit
The spider sense essentially attones for all his reflexes so you know it's there
>>
>>93727218
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>93726637
>Vision says it's been 8 years since spider man in civil war
>Homecoming says Civil War is 8 years after avengers
What happened.
>>
>>93727373
>muh childhood hero
>>
Cut out Michelle entirely
>>
>>93727321
If he hadn't been there, various extremely dangerous weapons would have been stolen.

He managed to minimalize casualties without any help, except maybe a little from Ganke.

Why should Tony not be impressed?
>>
>>93727483
That is literally what Peter had been trying to do the whole movie and he told Tony.
>>
File: 05-zendaya.w190.h190.2x[1].jpg (9KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
05-zendaya.w190.h190.2x[1].jpg
9KB, 380x380px
>>93726551
I would make Zendaya my GF.
>>
>>93727471
This and who were the sex jokes for?
>>
>>93727199
Tony wasn't planning on telling him the FBI was going to handle it. In fact, Tony essentially blew him off then got pissed at him when Peter did what he thought was most appropriate. And the other thing is, had Peter not been there, those FBI guys would have gotten slaughtered by Vulture.
>>
>>93727578
WHO ACTS LIKE THIS????
>People treat her like the weirdo she is whole movies
>We friends now heheh
>Nobody gives a shit
>>
>>93726551

first act is a little slow
>>
>>93726551
Aunt May shower scene.
>>
>>93727664
I thought she was referring to offscreen friends. She wouldn't have to say "my friends call me MJ" if she's talking about people in the same room.
>>
>>93726551
"My friends call me MJ"
"No, they don't. Shut up cunt"

Done. Other than that it was everything I needed it to be.
>>
>Wow Liz is sad that her dad is a criminal and has shamed her entire family let me go up to her and act like a ignorant retard to make myself feel less guilty
No you accept responsibility for your actions

>>93727471
>>93727578
>>93727664
It was almost as if she was in a completely different movie
>>
>>93727720
They tried really fucking hard to make her unsexy
>highwater granny-pants
>giant glasses
>no/little makeup
>tops meant to hide boobage
I guess it was a response to people complaining about her being too hot in Civil War?
>>
>>93726908
Agreed
>>
change spiderman's actor
>>
>>93727082
One of the best MCU villains. That's damning with faint praise.
>>
>>93727082
Second best. Loki is still king.
>>
>>93727753
>I guess it was a response to people complaining about her being too hot in Civil War?
That doesn't even make sense. Literally how when everyone in the movie was hitting on her?
>>
>>93727578
>Acts like a cunt the entire movie
>We're supposed to like her.
>>
So are they really going to push Zendaya as Peters new fling or whatever? Because she was terrible, and shes a low grade Disney Channel star no one gives a shit about. How bad is the "fan" following of her?
>>
>>93727403
Vision said it's been 8 years since Tony announced he was Ironman
>>
Instead of the "MJ" reveal I would play the Homecoming part a bit differently. Shocker punches a bus into the gym so it totally ruins Homecoming and makes it end rather fast. They begin planning a new homecoming.

Michelle was almost crushed by the bus, but is saved by Spider-Man before she splats. This gives her a new more positive outlook on life. She asks her crush, Peter Parker, to the new homecoming and he reluctantly accepts.

Flashforward a few weeks and he opens the door. It's regular Zendaya. "Face it tiger, you hit the jackpot" credits.
>>
>>93727816
Even liberal haven TV Tropes hate her.
>>
I like Childish Gambino but his scene was completely unnecessary and blatant pandering
>>
>>93727801
>Everyone
I only remember one case. Two if you count Tony Stark's comments.
>>93727805
Maybe we're just supposed to want to see more of her.
>>
>>93727647
Tony wouldn't have even known he was at the Ferry because Peter removed his tracker

>>93727753
It didn't work, she was still sexy

>>93727625
The sex jokes from the high schoolers were realistic for modern high schoolers.
>>
>Director says physical bullying isn't a thing anymore (which is beyond retarded) so they made Flash different
Yes Indian midget picking on a taller more physically fit white kid who is just as smart if not smarter than him is more realistic

Also how the fuck is Liz half white?
>>
>>93727857
Really? Is it because Sony/MS pussied out and didnt make her full fledged Mary Jane? Because Id love it if she was regulated as just supporting bitchy friend and they later brought in Mary Jane. Peter had a roommate named Michelle before right?
>>
>>93727964
Vulture is her mom's husband
>>
>>93728062
I mean her actor
>>
>>93728080
I think he meant that Vulture is probably her stepdad, not biological father
>>
>>93727964
Honestly, we didn't need another scene of Peter inexplicably beating up the high-school jock.
>>
>>93727964
>indian midget picking on bigger, more physically fit kid
First, Flash's actor is Guatemalan. Secondly, no one would expect Peter to lay a finger on Flash. And Flash knows that if they got in a fight, his parents could sue the shit out of the Parkers.
>>
>>93727321
he had tried to warn Happy/Tony and if Vulture got away with it there would be a lot more problems down the line
>>
>>93727082
>less of the good parts
>more of the shit parts
The only thing you're right about is Vulture.
>>
>>93726551
Fuck the movie had the most forced diversity casting I've ever seen. That scene in the gym with the group of students on the bleachers, you had the Jew kid with the typical kippah and peyot, you have the Sikh or Muslim guy with the turban then all sorts of shades of browns. That movie was multi-culti on steroids.
>>
>>93726551
No more fat kid, no niggas, no indian boy with money, more Vulture, Shocker and Happy and less Tony Stank
>>
>>93727964
I see you got an easy life where no funny looking manlets ever called you "Penis", that's a hard life bro way worse than a thug beating the shit out of you everyday.
>>
>>93726733
>Total waste of time if they're not going to make it an important aspect of the story.

The Marvel extra scenes have always set up things for the other movies to deal with. I like them doing shit that fucks with canon because the comics should be an inspiration, not a straight jacket.
>>
>>93728763
>because the comics should be an inspiration, not a straight jacket.
No, fuck you.
>>
>>93727805
>Acts like a cunt the entire movie

How was she in any way a cunt in this movie? I mean, wut?
>>
>>93726551
>no Iron man. Make Spidy a Cap fanboy
>have the real Mary Jane
>Flash is a blond chad
>mention the origin. It doesn't have to be an origin story but at least bring it up
>more Shocker
>>
>>93728693
>wanting less Ganke
Fuck we need less Peter, at least Ganke had charisma.
>>
>>93728797
>No, fuck you.

I also like that aspies get triggered when they do. It's like a bonus.
>>
>>93728808
Not him but she should start to realize why she doesnt have any friends when acting like a antisocial weirdo who has to take the fun out a simple field trip
>>
>>93728862
>she should start to realize why she doesnt have any friends when acting like a antisocial weirdo

As opposed to all those friends Peter has? She looks exactly as popular as he is. How does that make her a cunt again?
>>
>>93726551
remove mj as she was pretty pointless. or, make her a tease at the end of the movie.
>>
>>93727625
High schoolers make sex jokes all the fucking time, who do you think
>>
>>93728763
>the comics should be an inspiration, not a straight jacket
But Anon, no one's made a direct adaptation of Spider-Man. They've all made changes to the canon. But there is a core to the mythology of Spider-Man. Would you be okay if someone did a Superman movie where he was human and got his powers from a military accident?
>>
>>93726551
Make Tom Holland naked
>>
>>93728613
>forced diversity casting I've ever seen

there are more languages spoken in new york city than the united nations
NYC is legit that diverse
>>
take out the stupid tech suit. I felt like it did more of the work for him.
>but that's the point!
Then why did he still wear it at the end? If the movie was saying how he didn't need the tech suit to be special then it did a poor job.
>>
>>93727964
Yes actually
That tends to be how bullying works nowadays because getting physical means major consequences, especially when cameras litter schools everywhere now
That's why the bullied kids get in trouble for fighting back against mean comments with violence
They just try to get a reaction, so picking on low self esteem is easy
>>
>>93728931
This.
>>
>>93726551
Remove Tom Holland. He's so shit and uncharismatic.
>>
>>93728961
He RELIED on the tech suit
He made it work for him
He wears it at the end because it obviously provides him with major advantages in most situations until he can perfectly master his own abilities and the suits
>>
>>93728961
I thought they took out all the upgrades and just left it as a suit?
>>
>>93726875
That Would have been perfect..but seriously we already have black mj no need for black spiderman anytime soon
>>
>>93728998
This Holland couldn't act his way out of a paperbag. Poor bastard reads his lines like he just got done sucking helium.
>>
>>93728934
>implying anon has ever even talked to a non-white person before
>>
>>93728908
>Would you be okay if someone did a Superman movie where he was human and got his powers from a military accident?

Yeah, letting Aunt May know the secret is just like changing Superman from an alien into a military experiment gone wrong.

Refusing to change things from the way they are in the comics is dumb for several reasons but the biggest one is that it completely deflates certain scenes from any tension.

When he was sneaking into his room before chubs MclargeHuge caught him, did you for even one second think that May was going to catch him? Why not?
>>
>>93729015
Can anyone confirm this? I really don't like the AI in the suit. Ties him too closely to Iron Man.
>>
File: sickos.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
sickos.png
40KB, 152x254px
>>93727753
>
All of that only managed to make her sexier to me
>>
>>93729015
I had heard the same thing, but I'm pretty sure it's never actually mentioned in the movie. He gets the suit back like five seconds before the credits roll.
>>
>>93726551
>Make Peter go to a normal high school.
>Make Flash a blonde, blue-eyed football playing Chad.
>Have Damage Control turn out to be the surprise bigger villain, like Justin Hammer was in Iron Man 2. Make it so that they're collecting all the Chitauri and Ultron tech because to arm their own shadowy govt organization, either a branch of HYDRA, revived AIM or some other group only real Marvel nerds know about.
>Make Peter shoot webs organically instead of having shooters.

Also, I'm sure that the "MJ" thing was Michelle screwing with the characters and the audience, in a 4th-wall kind of way, just to mess with the fans. If she really is supposed to be Mary Jane in an alt universe, then no. MJ needs to be a red-haired white woman. I couldn't care less about the SJW boogeyman or whatever, but that's bullshit.

Things I liked:

-Loved that Vulture is finally badass, like, holy shit, this is why I love comic book movies, redesigning weird or outdated characters to but practical and awesome-looking.
-Aunt May is perfect. Never made sense that she's Peter's aunt but she always looks more like an ancient ancestor. Also, I do like the gag where she learns Peter is Spidey, it fits the tone of the movie.
>>
>>93727578
Fucker looks like she doesn't wash herself plus muh sjw """jokes""" and contrarian attitude, are we seriously supposed to be anything other than deluded at her being """MJ"""?
>>
>>93728613
>>93728934
That anon is right tho the whole agenda is forced diversity while describing that specific scene was stupid because like you said nyc is diverse as fuck, casting certain characters a certain race to be PROGRESSIVE is annoying and zendaya will never be mj also didn't care for flash, the shocker I had no problem with probably cause the costume tried to stay true to the stuff in the comics and tv show. inb4 white racist, I'm black niggas
>>
>>93729229
>Make Peter shoot webs organically instead of having shooters

Organic webshooters is dumber than fuck. If he had them they'd come out of his ass and, wow.
>>
He decides the stark suit is just too much and decides to make his own better at the end without so many gadgets
>>
I have so many gripes with this movie, and the fact it's sitting at a 94% on RT is just more proof that Marvel can shit out anything and critics will instantly give it a 10/10.

>Vulture's insanely hypocritical motives (wouldn't have minded if someone actually called him out on it, but no one did thus making me believe Marvel didn't even notice)
>Spider-Man not being such an obnoxious cunt
>Aunt May in general, Jesus fucking Christ
>"DUH SLAVES MADE THE WASHINGTON MONUMENT"

Also, I'm pretty sure Marvel isn't even trying to make Tony Stark a hero anymore. I can't believe the viewer is expected to say "hey, this guy is a superhero!"
>>
Michelle is Michelle.

Mary Jane is MJ.

Remove Donald Glover's unnecessary plug for "His Nephew."
>>
>>93729291
right almost forgot about all the sjw jokes and garbage like the slavery shit coming out of her mouth. Fuck this bitch character, theres a difference between an edgelord teen and an sjw edgelord teen
>>
>>93726551
focus on the villain's aspect of being a family man and a middle class worker.
>>
>>93729319

What are things that didn't happen in the movie for $200?
>>
>>93729350
>Fuck this bitch character

I think that I actually like her more because it makes guys like you make complaints like this one.
>>
>>93729356
What is this thread about for 1000?
>>
>>93729291

Are run-on sentences without proper punctuation a Black thing?
>>
>>93729248
It's official: disliking racism makes you a SJW.
>>
File: 1499545781173.jpg (324KB, 720x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1499545781173.jpg
324KB, 720x1066px
>>93726551
FIRST THINGS FIRST fix the poster
>>
>>93729329
I don't think anyone was meant to relate to Michelle or like her in any capacity. Anyone with a brain knows how ignorant she is.
>>
>>93729398
lol. I yeaaaaa. I knew that was coming when i read what I wrote. In all seriousness though, it depends, if they only know ebonics...then YES.
>>
>>93729436
You might think that coming from a /co/ point of view, but it's so obvious she was supposed to be the one person in the movie that "normies" were supposed to see and recognize. The main audience, high-schoolers, are supposed to look at the character and say "wow she's really quirky and I like her".
>>
File: 1495918484494.jpg (121KB, 520x588px) Image search: [Google]
1495918484494.jpg
121KB, 520x588px
>>93729384
>>
File: Iron Man 4.png (862KB, 960x375px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man 4.png
862KB, 960x375px
>>93729408
Don't forget the banner
>>
>>93729329
1) I should explain what RT's score means, but every movie, there are hundreds of people like you and it's just not worth it. "Hurr how is this literally a perfect film?" or "It's bad but I wouldn't give it a 3.5/10"... that's not how it fucking works, but do you really care? You're not even going to see my reply, I bet.

2) How was he hypocritical?

3) How the hell was Peter a cunt?

4) What's wrong with Aunt May?

5) As a black person myself, I had no idea. I would've gone up there anyway, but I can understand someone not wanting to use it. But she doesn't go all SJW and call for it to be torn down, so once again, your complaint is dumb.

6) I guess you missed the part where Tony told the FBI, and then flew in to save the ship.
>>
>>93726551
I'd like other characters to be fleshed out a little bit and the action to be more interesting. I really liked vulture in the film though and Iron Man wasn't as omnipresent as I worried he would be.
>>
>>93729384
>I like this character because they make other people mad

So you don't actually like the character, you just like drama.
>>
File: 95084.jpg (40KB, 460x339px) Image search: [Google]
95084.jpg
40KB, 460x339px
>>93729387
And HERE I thought /co/ had become nothing but little tumblr/reddit bitches.
>>
Allow Spidey to punch and kick.
>>
Tony should have not appeared in like roughly half the scenes in the movie
>>
Remove MJ or make her white.
>>
>>93729384
You the type of nigga who Would make Bad jokes about monuments being built by da slavez
>>
>>93726896
Sick
>>
>>93726551
I'd just like to take a moment to recognize how nice it was that this movie didn't beat us over the head with exposition. There was almost no "this is who I am and this is what I do" stuff like they did on guardians of the galaxy or other works. Granted most of that was because we got some of it in Civil War but I like to think that at least some of it was because Marvel actually believes we all know who spider-man is at this point.
>>
>>93729520
1.) Doesn't change that both Logan and Wonder Woman were much better movies than this one, yet sit lower. It's not about digging deep into the reivews, it's about what you'll see (and the main audience will see) as Marvel puts "94 ON ROTTEN TOMATOES!"

2.) "I hate rich people, curse rich people, I want revenge." <- 8 years before -- 8 years after -> "I hate rich people, curse rich people, I want revenge. (as I sit in my nice kept house with easy living)"

3.) Chasing the van, destroying property, chases after bad guys, destroys entire ship, almost killing hundreds of passengers.

4.) At this point, I'm fully convinced you're an insanely delusional marvelfag if you legitimately believe that Aunt May was good at all.

5.) No, the problem isn't the reference it's the fact there is no proof behind it. The thing was finished after the Civil War and the only mention on work for the Washington Monument was it was built by workers. It's just classic Marvel forcing SJW shit that isn't even true.

6.) You also missed how Tony only cares once it directly involved him and the shit was retrieved.
>>
>>93726551
More Vulture
>>
>>93728613
You must've had a fit when Spectacular had those race changes.
>>
>>93729662
>2.) "I hate rich people, curse rich people, I want revenge." <- 8 years before -- 8 years after -> "I hate rich people, curse rich people, I want revenge. (as I sit in my nice kept house with easy living)"
People like this exist
>>
>>93729662
He had that house BECAUSE he's been doing his vulture shit you blockhead.
>>
The reasons people hate the new Spider-Man include

>too many non-whites
>Spider-Man interacts with another Marvel character

and I guess that's it
>>
>>93729702
Wow no shit, and he still was doing the Vulture shit even though he was insanely well-off.
>>
>>93729408
O in Homecoming isn't an Iron Man helmet. Fix
>>
File: Marvel_Team-Up_Killraven.jpg (38KB, 250x382px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_Team-Up_Killraven.jpg
38KB, 250x382px
>Spider-Man is at his worse when he has to share story space
>>
>>93729520
not that anon also black, its not dumb though it's purposely put in there, to resurface more strife in people no different than any other agenda coming out of hollywood. Nowadays anything deal with pc shit is either blatant or subtly placed in people minds to create some form of discourse whether you realize it or not. People want to see a fucking entertaining movie to see a fucking entertaining movie, not have someone infer they're politics in a fucking comic book movie.
>>
>>93729500

You're really doing a bang-up job of making your side look good there champ.

>>93729550
>So you don't actually like the character, you just like drama.

No I thought she was awesome. I still say that her split second scene in the house party was the coolest anyone in this entire movie was allowed to be.

The fact that it pisses dudes like this off is like this is a bonus and I like bonuses.

>>93729633
>who Would make Bad jokes about monuments

And yet this joke actually got quite a few laughs in my theater. (this was at the alamo drafthouse too)
>>
>>93729776
or the fact that it was just a fucking joke

Everybody in my theater laughed, no one was shifting uncomfortable to be reminded that the United States had slaves
>>
File: 1448011443770.jpg (13KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1448011443770.jpg
13KB, 300x169px
>>93729827
>I liked her for a split second

Uh-huh.
>>
>>93729827
thanks
>>
>>93729833
being this brianwashed
>>
>>93729720
>once you get some money for nice things you suddenly stop needing money.
He still has to buy shit, and the money he had would dry up eventually.
How much fucking money do you think gangbangers have?
>>
>>93729662

3. That van was loaded with death guns that blew up his favorite sandwich shop. A little suburban damage is worth it to get that crazy shit out of asshole hands. That ship? That was on the dudes who make crazy death guns that also explode for no god damned reason.

4. May was awesome. I'm glad they stopped pretending that a teenager has to have an octagenarian aunt somehow. It's just dumb.
>>
>>93729400
>disliking racism makes you a SJW.
How was that Washington Memorial built by slaves joke in any way necessary to the film? I am actually glad she was a friendless weirdo. They usually make the bad guys or unpopular people have the ''undesirable'' opinion.
>>
>>93727805
>all my normie friends liked her
what did they mean by this?
>>
File: your monthly subscription.png (463KB, 576x792px) Image search: [Google]
your monthly subscription.png
463KB, 576x792px
>>93729827
>>93729833
>>
>>93729923
>being this brianwashed

Poor /polco/. You guys are in for a rough several decades.

/copol/ ?
>>
>>93729966
>I'm glad they stopped pretending that a teenager has to have an octagenarian aunt somehow. It's just dumb.

Gtfo casual you don't read comics.
>>
File: spidermandoesntkickanyone.png (442KB, 821x353px) Image search: [Google]
spidermandoesntkickanyone.png
442KB, 821x353px
>>93729564
>>
>>93729610

I feel like this opinion will change once you actually see the movie instead of parrotintg shitposting
>>
File: May_Parker_(Earth-1610)_001.jpg (29KB, 223x443px) Image search: [Google]
May_Parker_(Earth-1610)_001.jpg
29KB, 223x443px
>>93730070
>this is the face of some 70 year old on the verge of death
>>
Hopefully X-Men and FF are never absorbed by the Downeyverse. RIP Spider-Man film franchise 2002-2017.
>>
>>93729662
Logan has 100 more reviews than Homecoming, and right now they're both at 93%. But a few hours ago, oh no, Homecoming had 1% more! This is a travesty because...? Because you're stupid. That's not how you use the fucking Tomatometer. All it tells you is the percentage of reviewers that found the movie decent, good, great or anything in-between. And we're talking about scores of reviews for these big movies, so it's not like half a dozen trolls/shills can bias the score. It's reliable, just not in the way you think.

2) You're talking about 2 different tiers of rich. And also, he NEVER talks about wanting revenge. If they made this about Toomes wanting to kill Tony Stark or destroy the Avengers' new building or something, it would be awful. I think you just spent the movie browsing your phone instead of paying attention.

3) If that's what you call a cunt, then sure. But I don't usually think of it that way. To me, a cunt is someone who treats other people badly, in an obnoxious way. The term is similar to "bitch" applied to a woman. I wouldn't call a kid trying to do the right thing and fucking up a cunt, especially since we're supposed to acknowledge his failings as such.

4) I guess I'm just a fanboy. Even though I'm one of the guys who actually likes BvS.

5) https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/6lhgmz/was_the_washington_monument_built_by_slaves/ I found an internet comment that I'm assuming it accurate. Remember that the teacher looked over at the security guard and he did the hand gesture that basically means "uhh kinda". I think this was handled in a responsible way, acknowledging that it's not a clear-cut fact but most likely true.

6) To be honest, I don't think this is much of a point to argue over. Civil War was about some who wanted to operate with responsibility and gov't oversight, and a group who wanted to focus on doing the right thing above all else. Obviously Tony was in the former camp, so I guess he's less "heroic" in a way.
>>
>>93729408
Nice touch with the Vulture mask.
>>
>>93730216
>Marveldrones are redditors
says a lot really
>>
>>93729776
1) Are you the same guy who typed "indanger"? Learn how to fucking write dude, you're making us look bad.

2) You're talking about a 10-second bit in a 2-hour movie. Calm down Uncle Ruckus, no one's trying to turn you into one of those damned SJW libcucks.
>>
>>93726637
This.
>>
>DCucks BTFO'd by Marvel yet again
>>
>>93729098
To add to this, has secret identity drama ever been interesting? It's always way more interesting when the other person knows. See: Jaime Blue Beetle.
>>
>>93730288
It's the top result from "washington monument slaves". I do use Reddit though, thanks for asking.
>>
>>93729510
Based Tony.
>>
>>93730014

Yeah, I'm the one being a fedora boy and not Mr. "How to argue with holes" over there. lol.
>>
Just got back from the theater. Movie was fucking great, the liberties taken with the Spidey mythos and characters are a non-issue since everyone plays the same role in the story. Also that end-credits scene made me bust a gut.
>>
>>93730070
>Gtfo casual you don't read comics.

lol. Sure thing.

>>93730156

That's Ultimate universe and I'm pretty sure some of your contemporaries had a conniption fit about her looking less than 95% dead then too.
>>
>>93730412
>that's the ultimate universe
and the MCU is the 616 universe where Loki had an army of aliens attack New York and Nick Fury is black?
>>
>>93730393
>everyone plays the same role in the story.
everyone is written exactly the same? That sounds bland as hell.
>>
>>93730434
Same role =/= exactly the same. Flash bullies but he does it differently, MJ is a sassy cutie but it's done differently, etc.
>>
Make Iron Man 5. Tony was the only good part.
>>
File: Who-Will-Die-Nacho.jpg (28KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
Who-Will-Die-Nacho.jpg
28KB, 500x437px
I still don't understand why Nacho was in this movie. Will the writers explain this in season 4? Or does it take place during/after Breaking Bad?
>>
>No spidey sense
>Cortana in suit
Also Spider-Man is not the Hulk, his strength does not change based on emotion so he either should've been able to lift the rubble off of him from the get go or not.
>>
File: bigfatwebbing.jpg (547KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
bigfatwebbing.jpg
547KB, 1536x2048px
Enough bitching, show us the spider memes you're proud of.
>>
>>93730478
He has a scorpion tattoo and named after Scorpion's alias. In the comics he was also venom for a period so here's hoping.
>>
>>93730432
>and the MCU is the 616 universe where Loki had an army of aliens attack New York and Nick Fury is black?

I'm not the one using an alternate universe to argue that someone doesn't know anything about comics because Aunt May has to be old and her hair has to be white for some reason.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this rigid inability to handle things being slightly different is a surefire sign that you guys are actually no shit autistic. There have been people shitting their pants about Aunt May not having completed menopause for three frigging years now. Hell, they're still pissing their pants about Superman's underoos.
>>
>>93730456
>Sassy
Maybe
>Cutie
Not at all
>>
>>93730574
>not finding her cute
>>
>>93730494
>he either should've been able to lift the rubble off of him from the get go or not.

Ok, someone doesn't actually read comics here and that person: you.
>>
>>93730568
SONIC'S ARMS ARE NOT BLUE
>>
>>93729039
His voice is insufferable. He sounds prepubescent.
>>
File: spider-man-rubble-108744.png.jpg (500KB, 1270x1231px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-rubble-108744.png.jpg
500KB, 1270x1231px
>>93730494

Dude. That was almost a perfect recreation of one of Spidey's most iconic moments.
>>
>>93730590
To be fair I've never found the actor cute
>>
File: CoSUP0mW8AE_Ymj.jpg (46KB, 657x634px) Image search: [Google]
CoSUP0mW8AE_Ymj.jpg
46KB, 657x634px
>>93730642
almost 100% perfect. I sure am glad they included when he cried a whole bunch of bitch tears before Uncle Tony's words finally got him to try sorting shit out on his own and found out that shit wasn't even all that heavy anyways.
>>
>>93730590
>"Ummm check your privilege white male shitlords"
>"Why don't I have any friends :("
>"I'm a stronk independent black womyn."

yeah no
>>
Michelle. Unneeded character. They tried a shoehorn on her. Nope. Jusy keep her as michelle, she can be his crazy roommate. Aunt may being a sought after fox. A certain family. Peter's dependence on iron man.
>>
>>93730710
>>93730769

I bet these dudes have one tab for /co/ and the other is either /r9k/ or /pol/.
>>
>>93729348
So Glover was the prowler then
>>
>>93730633
>"That scene when he Glover says "You sound like a girl."
Glover had probably wanted to tell that to Holland all day.
>>
>>93730857
>So Glover was the prowler then

It was noted in the scene where they did the facial recognition. His alias: prowler.
>>
What did Zendaya's character say? Was she some Tumblrite
>>
>>93730807
No. She was too dark and brooding. Mary Jane is showy and wants the attention.
>>
>>93730911
I internally clapped. That kid is 22 and sounds like a grade schooler, what the fuck.
>>
>>93730961
>She was too dark and brooding.

lol. She's in clubs, goes to parties and speaks her mind. She doesn't smile a lot, but wtf, brooding? She's darker than canon MJ though, I'll give you that,
>>
>>93730961
Michelle obviously wanted the attention
>>
>>93730807
>If you don't like her you're [strawman]

Okay.
>>
>>93726551
for the record, aunt may was perfectly fine. i even felt the final scene was pretty good for a pretty shitty, poorly paced snooze fest of a film. the only other highlights were:
>peter and the vultures interactions at his house and car
>tony proposing
>childish gambino
>laura harriers butt
>karen KINDA
>the bathroom scene
>INSANT KILL MODE

spider man fucking around in the damage control garage, zendaya, the shockers, spider man talking to himself while running, ganke needs, the whole van chase scene, happy hogan, and all the mentions of the sandwich guy are cancerous and should have been revised
>>
>>93731026
maybe if she wasn't such an obnoxious, judgmental bitch she'd have more friends than none at all
>>
>>93731026
She says she doesn't have friends. Sits alone at lunch. Mary Jane would be running the jock/cheerleader table
>>
>>93731065
So you hate half the best scenes?
>>
Is Zendaya really half black? She honestly looks more Indian to me. Something about her face
>>
>>93727578
>>93727805
She's not a cunt, just tsundere bro
>>
Spider-Man is a menace. Be blew up the Washington monument and the ferry.
>>
>>93731083
>A black girl running clubs predominated by white, well off cis girls and boys
>In 2017

We're not there yet anon, but when we're all brown it won't be too far-fetched.
>>
>>93731160
Baitfag, leave
>>
>>93731075
>obnoxious, judgmental bitch

Yeah yeah, she said the word "slavery" and made fun of the main character. What a bitch, huh? Jesus dude, be less obvious.

>>93731083
>She says she doesn't have friends. Sits alone at lunch.

She sits near Peter. It's painfully obvious that she's got a crush on him since she even follows him to detention. Do you guys need everything spelled out for you?
>>
I bring my 4 year old.

"Ned what are you doing on the computer?"

"I'm looking at..."

My daughter repeats that over and over
>>
>>93731210
If you can't see why a character like her wouldn't be very well liked among anyone who wasn't a tumblr user, then you are part of the problem
>>
>>93726551

Delete Manletman

Make the Twink do more squats to build up that flat ass
>>
File: 1498844707718.gif (2MB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
1498844707718.gif
2MB, 500x485px
>mfw that reference to Raimi's first Spider-Man movie
When he said " I'm sorry Peter" and that thing came flying from behind I about lost it
>>
File: homer pornography.png (194KB, 505x373px) Image search: [Google]
homer pornography.png
194KB, 505x373px
>>93731254
Not even an original gag.
>>
Aunt May at the end. This kids spidersense is awful
>>
File: 0829-zendaya-parents-getty-9.jpg (96KB, 718x559px) Image search: [Google]
0829-zendaya-parents-getty-9.jpg
96KB, 718x559px
>>93731133
>Is Zendaya really half black?
>>
>>93730642
He thought about fucking TONY STARK. It spits all over the comic version of the scene.
>>
>>93727082
Also more Scorpion Michael Mando.

Seriously, I'm happy for that guy who is shaping up to be likely the next Spidey villain.
>>
>>93727019
>>93726968
He does have it, they just don't emphasize it like in the Raimi films. Each time he gets thrown off guard it's by a person he doesn't consider a threat.
>>
>>93727578
Michelle was easily the worst part of the movie. Hell she was like in it for like 3 minutes.
>>
>most secure facility ever. Not a single motion detector or camera to spot a teenager
>>
>>93726551
Adapt Ditko Spider-Man instead.

Done.
>>
>>93731254
PENIS PARKER XDD
>>
The entire fucking movie is an Audi commercial prove me wrong.
>>
Directed by Zach Snyder
>>
File: spongebob_wallet.jpg (89KB, 400x342px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob_wallet.jpg
89KB, 400x342px
>>93726637
>>
>>93727799

Loki is usually playing second fiddle for someone else though.
>>
>>93730769
>Next movie has Aunt May trying to get Peter a date. She keeps mentioning a girl called MJ.
>The whole movie has a running gag Peter thinking MJ is Michelle Jones evening awkwardly asking her if she has any plans.
>In the end, and misunderstanding. Peter finally decides to get ready for his date who he thinks is Michelle. He opens the door only to be greated by...
>A cute short, blood-dyed red hair indie punk girl wearing a black dress saying "Michelle? Face it Tiger, I'm no Michelle, but you certainly hit the jackpot."
>Peter is stunned, he question Aunt May "I thought you said MJ, as in Michelle Jones".
>"Michelle Jones? no no no I meant MJ, as in Mary-Jane, she just moved last month, will be attending your school as well."
>>
>>93729229
Why does it matter what color MJ's skin is?
>>
File: 1456572401448.png (166KB, 268x355px) Image search: [Google]
1456572401448.png
166KB, 268x355px
>>93732187
>Cucking a black girl
>In 2017
>>
>>93728607
>A Spider-man movie shouldn't focus on Spider-man

Are you retarded?
>>
>>93730288
I hate how your only response to this is "lol redditor".
>>
>>93726551
Get rid of the racemixing.

Would be perfect otherwise. It's so sad.
>>
>>93731666
Isn't that because Marvel still doesn't actually have the rights to uncle ben?
>>
>>93732244
Dude I don't give a fuck if Shocker, Nick Fury or even fucking Flash are race-swapped but Mary Jane is iconic, she should stay a red head, don't pretend like its nothing
>>
>>93729356
>>93729389
that isn't how Jeopardy works reeeeeeeeee
>>
Would've liked to see any real lasting repercussions of his super hero life, they mention he drops extra curricular activities and failing(?) Spanish only for him to jump back in like nothing happened, same with his social life.

Also not a fan of Starks involvement and Petes junior position, I know they try address this, but skipping the origin story and having the suit and advanced shooters given to him kinda robs Pete of his own identity and MacGyverism.
Maybe have him make the suit himself with reverse engineered Stark tech he found.
>>
>>93730014
The hat isn't working
>>
>>93730961
>She was too dark
calm down /pol/
>>
>>93732749
Nah, she's really not. Her whole character can be summed up as "pretty girl Peter likes that is out of his league." Thankfully, they mixed that up for this movie.
>>
>>93732746
if another old fucker says something to the effect of with great power comes great responsibility ima AN HERO the next comic book movie with a boom box playing the ghey nickleback song from the spider man movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzn4a5qHT4
>>
>>93731583
Aunt May doesnt register as a threat
>>
File: Nu male.jpg (281KB, 1328x1364px) Image search: [Google]
Nu male.jpg
281KB, 1328x1364px
>>93730379
this is more of your community
>>
File: 1420559916743.jpg (70KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
1420559916743.jpg
70KB, 248x252px
>>93729400
Disliking racism is the norm. Literally everyone knows racism is bad. She's just being an obnoxious faggot about it.
>>
whats with the gag where the school mascot runs in the background of the scene

that's such a weird thing to keep doing
>>
Make Michelle less of a bitch and replace the "My friends call me MJ" line. That's it.
>>
>>93732874
She was borderline goth. Like NO Colors in her outfits
>>
Everyone of the supporting cast was awful jsut plain awful. they could not have been there and the movie would have been the same.
Also the fights were a fucking a let down like fuck even AMS had better coreography.
>>
>>93733026
Pretty much this. Thats like going to the Smithsonian and saying you cant enjoy it because of the shot/stuffed animals
>>
>>93727578
>Call her MJ
>Make her act like Ultimate Gwen Stacy

what the FUCK did Kevin Feige meant by this?
>>
>>93733049
this
>>
Was Betty Brant the one that kept running around with Gwen's headband?
>>
>>93733239

Betty Brant was the blonde who did the poorly acted school news video thing.
>>
>>93733049
>>93733195

also i think tom hardy I mean Logan Marshall-Green would've been an amazing shocker he carried the attitude of the character so well fucking bullshit agenda killed him. I love marisa tomei and I'm glad she's got a job, but her as a young hot aunt may really grinds my gears.
>>
>>93733164
I have a theory
>Kevin Fiege working in his office
>Amy Pascal stomps in pouting
>"I want to help on the Spider Man movie too!!!!"
>"Amy, we've been over this, your ideas are shit and your company is sinking. Your Japanese overlords are letting us do all the work while you get paid. You still got Venom and Black Cat to play with"
>"BUT I WANT TO HELP WITH SPIDER MAN!"
>"Calm down, Amy!" Ok, ok, what if I let you make 2 creative decisions? If they work, you'll get more say next movie."
>"I want Peter to Snapcahat and Michelle is now MJ"
>"Thats st-"
>"I WANT HER HAS MJ! THEY'LL LIKE IT AND ITS CLEVER"
>"Fine, Jesus Christ. Now go do coke in your office while I change your email passwords again"
>>
>>93732876
>I haven't read a Spider-Man comic
>Bitchy SJW with no friends is better than a cheerful girl next door.
>>
>>93733164
>>93733239
HEADBAND GIRL EVERYWHERE.
I snap my fingers wondering where I've seen her before...
>>
>>93733164
>call him Ned
>make him act like Ganke

what were they thinking
>>
File: 343.jpg (10KB, 200x211px) Image search: [Google]
343.jpg
10KB, 200x211px
>>93733287
pretty much
>>
>>93733324
didn't they change Ganke to NED in the comic too?
>>
If the suit records everything why didnt tony review the suits footage and then report Toombs to the authorites? Peter obviously saw him at the arms deal unsuited
>>
File: 1496439360675.png (82KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
1496439360675.png
82KB, 250x240px
>>93733391
Remember Tony is a drunk, maybe he forgot. I'm sticking to that theory.....
>>
>>93733287
What has she been in every movie?
A pretty girl that Peter likes.
That's all she's going to be in these movies. Mixing it up is a good thing. Sorry your racist ass can't deal with it.
>>
>>93733351
that isn't Gwen, it was Betty Brant.
>>
>>93727742
But he didn't do anything. He has absolutely no responsibility in what happened.
>>
>>93733532
>Watered down character is ok with a new coat of paint
Hardly worth it but, (You)
>>
>>93733532
It's refreshing to see an ugly girl that nobody likes I guess, but give us the real MJ please.
>>
>People call people racist because they don't like how MaryJane was poked at in this.

>Same people that have an issue with them changing "MJ" have No issue with them changing Liz to match Spectacular Spidey Cartoon.

So we racist or not? Cuz I seriously didn't like the shoe-horn/forced uncharacter-like "MJ" but I sure as hell had no issue with Liz. My only issue with Liz is that she wasn't chasing after Flash Thompson.
>>
>>93733620
Let's be honest, Marvel is so against the Peter/MJ marriage nowadays that it's incredibly unlikely we'd get actual love interest Mary Jane to begin with for the films.
>>
File: Saint Walker.jpg (744KB, 970x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Saint Walker.jpg
744KB, 970x1440px
>>93733660
I HAD HOPE GODDAMMIT
>>
>>93733351
Listen, Penis Parker...
>>
>>93733587
To be fair, it seems like they aren't going that way with this MJ. She's not going to be a model or actress or whatever other pretty person job they can think up. Again, mixing it up is good.
>>
>>93733660
Its not so much Marvel. It's the top bananas. Their marriages seem to fail so they want to self-deficate on Peter
>>
>replace flash for someone who is actually menacing for a highschool bully
>stop the millenium fagottery.
> more pop culture references
>stop making reference to Iron Man every 5 min in the movie.
>>
>>93733713
Fact of the matter is that this isnt Mary Jane Watson in any respect, so calling her "MJ" is really pointless, and to some perhaps a bit insulting. They're having their cake and eating it too it seems. If they removed the nickname Im fairly certain a good portion wouldnt care. The thing is though, no one likes a half measure. Either do the character or dont
>>
>>93732376
If anything it took it out. The trailer had a kissing scene between Peter and Liz but it was nowhere to be scene in the movie.
>>
>>93727856
Fuck no.
>>
File: 1496813654309.jpg (94KB, 672x530px) Image search: [Google]
1496813654309.jpg
94KB, 672x530px
>>93728742
this is easily the funniest thing ive ever read
>>
>>93729291
>>93728934
Fuck off with that. I know NY is diverse but how about you google NY high school class and find me a image where there is a guy wearing a kippah and another guy wearing a turban in the same picture.
I don't mind diversity but at least make it natural. That scene was a live action "COEXIST" sticker.
>>
>>93732244
red head fetish, brother
>>
>>93729520
Slaves did not make the Washington monument.
>>
>>93732876
Confirmed for never having read a Spider-Man comic.
>>
>>93726733
As much as I liked the stingers this time around, I woulda liked a post-credits scene where Pete tries to play it off like a cosplay or souvenir from the Stark internship or something.

It's fine if Aunt May knows, but Peter can't KNOW that she knows, you know? Otherwise she just becomes his Alfred and he's got less responsibility to deal with.
>>
>>93726937
But he totally does use it in Civil War, when Bucky throws that shit at him.

In Homecoming it's there (he dodges a few bullets), but they don't really call attention to it).
>>
>>93727471
This. She added exactly nothing to the movie and the only funny joke was her drawing of Hannibal.
>>
>>93726551
>Remove shit love interest and just have him be a generally good guy that saves his friends.
>Make it so the girl asks him and he says yes because that's less cringe than the awkward "I have a crush on a random girl"
>He should be a Freshman.
>Flash should be a bigger jock.
>Need at least one Redhead for this to be an actual Spider-Man.
>A decent city fight between Vulture and him in downtown Manhattan, preferably with Happy freaking out in the tower while watching.
>Instead of his old suit getting sent to him with "this is yours" a case with a letter that says. " You earned it" and the new suit inside.
>Slinging to the top of the new freedom tower, in Manhattan.

I think that's it.
>>
>>93727753
Apparently Tomei researched the character and made a case to age her up to be more accurate to the source material, but her request was shot down.

Guess the suits liked how hot Aunt May became a meme.
>>
File: tony.png (194KB, 600x247px) Image search: [Google]
tony.png
194KB, 600x247px
>>93726706

The entire plot of Iron Man 3 was about him crying about how hard it was to be a superhero and how scared he was. The beginning of Civil War he gets butthurt and changes his entire philosophy on superheroes because a mother made him feel guilty about her son being killed. And the end of Civil War sees him trying to murder the guy that killed his mother, even though he was mind controlled and literally had no culpability.

MCU Tony is an emotional powder keg.
>>
>>93727856
>Forcing the "frumpy girl is actually hot" meme
>Inserting supervillians into the party so Peter has an excuse not to be there, rather than "he ditched the dance to be Spider-Man and has to live with the consequences"
>Casting someone who can't act as Mary Jane
No.
>>
File: 1412727215367.jpg (6KB, 200x291px) Image search: [Google]
1412727215367.jpg
6KB, 200x291px
>yfw "Good...old...Spider-Man."
>>
>>93728613
It honestly looked pretty natural, anon.
Like that shot of him riding the subway in the beginning, it gave the movie some character. It felt like the background was more natural and alive.

Forced diversity is bullshit, but having brown people in fucking NYC isn't forced diversity.
>>
>>93732244
Well if her hair is red theirs literally only one race she can be a natural redhead without it being some odd mix-raced genetic anomaly, and I agree with the guy that says it's iconic.
>>
>Tony is pissed at Peter for interfering on the ferry
>tells him he called the FBI and they would taken care of it

Is Tony a moron? With his suit and his Chitauri tech Toomes would have slaughtered the FBI in seconds if Peter hadn't been there.
>>
>>93727108
The problem was that Tony had oversight on what he was doing so he praised the DC thing, because he didn't know about it and the Comey Island thing because he didn't know about it.

He had the situation under control at the Ferry, but not letting Spider-Man know was a little bit of a let down on the writers part I think.

It was very awkwardly written to the point where I had to watch it a second time to really catch the subtleties.
>>
>>93728808
>"lol I don't have any friends"
>"pssh, I don't support the Washington Monument because muh slavery, nothing personnel kiddo"
>"I go to lots of protests and rallies, guess I'm just more #woke than you"
>"haha I totally don't have any friends, everyone else is just a poser ;3"
Everyone was a shithead in high school, but she was the kind of shithead that had no friends for a good reason. Like, she was the kind of person you look up on Facebook 3 years after graduating, only to find that she's on her second marriage and is thanking Jesus for her exciting new career selling detox tea and amateur tattoos over Snapchat.
>>
>>93733391
Illegally acquired evidence isn't admissible.
>>
>>93727783
Naw I dunno as far as younger Peter Parkers go this is probably the best we've had. They need to accentuate two things though. How he grows into the Spider-Man that joins the Avengers, and his intelligence. Reed Richards and Tony Stark both praise him as one of the smartest people that they know.
>>
>>93728908
>Aunt May knows in the comics
>It's fine
>Aunt May knows in the movie
>"wtf this is nothing like the comics"

I admit I don't like it when May knows, but it can work, so long as Peter doesn't know she knows.

Open up the next movie with the same shot, have him explain that it's a welcome-back souvenir from the Stark internship. She goes along with it and then we see in private that she totally didn't fall for it.

It's like when your folks walk in on you jerking it; Peter thinks he fooled her because he's a dumbass kid who thinks he's way slicker than he is. While May isn't thrilled about it, she accepts that Peter is doing this for his own reasons.
>>
>>93735098
This. They just made her like this so millenium kids would find her cool. Anyone above that age realize how much of a cunt she is.
>>
>>93728961
I'm really hoping the next movie reveals that he's since tinkered with the suit and modified it to his own needs. Cut out the fat, keep stuff like Spider-Tracers and thermal vision.
>>
They had said that the sequel to this movie will be the beginning of the new MCU story.

So maybe the avengers building will become the Baxter building? R-right?
>>
>calls Peter a "Penis"
>tells him "He's dead."(nothing comes of this)
>slaps Peter's ass
>...?

Homecoming Flash has to be the most inoffensive bully in film history.
>>
>>93729329
>He thinks RT score means quality and not percentage of critics who didn't hate it
>He thinks Spidey isn't supposed to be an obnoxious cunt
>He had issues with Aunt May being a supportive, doting guardian

I'll give you Michelle being a garbage character but fuck man, pick up a comic book before you post here again.
>>
>>93729329

Andrew Garfield Spidey is an obnoxious cuntt.

Tom Holland Spidey is an awkward kid who means well.

There's a difference.
>>
>>93729827
>People laughed at "slaves built the Washington Monument #WOKE" joke at the Alamo "sorry sweaty, no men allowed" Drafthouse

Color me shocked.
>>
>>93735287
>So maybe the avengers building will become the Baxter building? R-right?

Oscorp and the rise of Supervillains
>>
>>93735307
>Bully
> Is in trivia competition team

This fool would be obliterated in my old highschool
>>
>>93726637
WHAT WOULD THIS CHANGE

WHY DOES EVERYONE LIKE THIS
>>
>>93728831
If you change too much you might as well be making a brand new character
>>
>>93735168
>implying tony stark wouldn't bend the law to suit his needs
>>
>>93735396
The thing about Tom Holland spiderman is that he is a spineless prick that wetdreams about licking iron mans balls every 3 min. Original peter parker always hadmore nerve than this, even in highschool times.
>>
>>93727082
>more Keaton Vulture
He had a shitload of screentime, what are you even talking about?
>It's kind of sad that the best MCU villain so far has been the Vulture, though.
You people have been saying this about every villain ever since Phase 2 started
>>
>>93735500
He absolutely would bend the law, but the law wouldn't bend back, so submitting the recording wouldn't do anything.
>>
I think we can officially say the vulture might be the smartest to be alone in the MCU so far. While it should've been common sense the conversation Peter and Liz were having in the car alone made him pick up and Peter being Spiderman.

Every other superhero movie the villain finds out in a stupid way or is too dumb to realize such common sense
>>
>>93732187
>The whole movie Peter is stalking Michelle/awkwardly grilling her about her plans, inverting their dynamic from the first movie
>Throws everyone for a loop with canon MJ
This is actually a really cute idea for the reveal and I want them to go in this direction.
>>
>>93732244
Logically-speaking, it doesn't matter. But then it also doesn't matter if Spider-Man's costume is lime green with polka dots.

MJ was a white redhead in the comics; it's an iconic design and it's what everyone's used to, it's not surprising (or racist) that that's what people wanna see on the big screen.
>>
>>93733026
This.
Like, I chuckled at the security guard's reaction more than anything, but that's just a shitty attitude to have about things. It's someone looking to be oppressed/start a fight, and those types of people are seldom endearing.
>>
>>93728613
>There are more races than white people?
>>
>>93735571
He had at least 2 additional pieces of info:
1) The look on Peter's face for the entire scene in the house, and
2) Hearing Spiderman's voice in the suit.
That said it was far less contrived than Goblin Razors and I liked it.
>>
>>93726551
An end credit scene where JK Simmons is smoking a cigar and reading a paper with the headline "SPIDER MENACE TERRORIZES EAST COAST".
>>
>>93734966
That was the best scene in the movie, I was honestly surprised at how invested I was.
>>
File: spiderman3[1].gif (150KB, 432x633px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman3[1].gif
150KB, 432x633px
>>93726551
Not much to correct without really messing with it. Felt it was solid overall.

>>93726637
I'd do this, just kind of weird to have this set up in the future.

Also make him say the first bubble of this scene instead of the weird half reflection of his face in the water.
>>
File: IMG_0074.jpg (207KB, 564x812px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0074.jpg
207KB, 564x812px
I thought the MJ reveal, like the "oh you should use your real name, Robin" reveal, was stupid. That said, I thought Michelle as a character was way more entertaining than most other MJ incarnations I've seen.

This is the part where I confess that I don't really give a fuck about him ending up with MJ in particular. Sure, I want Peter to move on from being a manchild, but it could be with anyone for all I care.

I liked Chat. And Silver Sable. And MJ's fine too, but I don't get what the big deal is. I feel like people are frustrated with the physical change, because it really points out that that's her entire character.

She's a hot redhead who likes acting or whatever and she loves Pete. Other than that, what can you really say about her? Hell, you can't even say half of THAT with the current comic's MJ.
>>
Genuinely liked the movie but it doesn't make sense how litterally the whole movie tony stark is telling peter not to go after vulture, even taking away his suit because of it, then at the end praises him for going against his wishes and does nothing but rewards him.
>>
>>93729329
Speaking of Vulture, I hate that the entire Sinister Six can be traced back to him. And they killed the guy that would've made a perfect Shocker just to get more diversity in.
>>
>>93735782
He proved that he was something without the suit.
>>
>>93735838
>implying the suit gave him powers.
>>
>>93735869
>tracking device that led him to criminals
>smart computer lady that helped him save people from dying
>extra web cartridge holsters and different web varieties
>a parachute that saved his life by slowing his fall
>fun features like heater

It's a pretty useful suit.
>>
>>93735763
>I feel like people are frustrated with the physical change, because it really points out that that's her entire character.
I get the logic behind this argument, but I've gotta disagree with it. MJ is an iconic character. That's what people know, so it's understandable that that's what people want to see.

By that line of logic, there's nothing wrong with making Luke Cage asian; his story is that he's a dude who was wrongfully imprisoned, got super powers, and became a hero for hire. But people would flip a shit if that change was made. Because it's totally unnecessary and distracting.

You can change, say, the Shocker, and no one will give a shit. He's a B-list villain that a lot of casual viewers aren't familiar with. But people know Spider-Man and Mary Jane. If you change her and cast a talented actress, it can work (like how they case Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin in Daredevil), but when it falls flat like it did here, it just ends up feeling like distracting pandering.
>>
>>93735784
But isn't the entire point of the post-credits scene with Vulture about how he doesn't wanna rat out Peter and how Scorpion and his "boys on the outside" are forming the Six to get Spidey?
>>
>>93727483
They would have been stolen on the boat too, anon.
>But the FBI was there
Yeah, but their guns are clearly outmatched by Vulture's armor and his alien fuck-you weapons.
>>
>>93735935
If i wanted stuff like that I would have just seen a Iron Man movie.
>>
>>93731656
Not even half human.
>>
>>93735944
For what it's worth, Feige confirmed that this isn't actually Mary-Jane. Just like they went back and said there was a real magical Asian Mandarin, during the Trevor Slattery short.
>>
>>93736020
I figured that since Tony's armor are around he was just planning an ambush using FBI as bait. Plan went down when peter cut the boat in half.
>>
>>93735784
>vulture
>shocker
Where do the other 4 come in? Not even trying to be a dick just wanna know if I missed something
>>
>>93734328
>I don't mind diversity but at least make it natural.

bruh I'm sorry you went to a white majority high school in indiana
>>
>>93729229
>making Damage Control a villain
No, fuck you. I finally got movie Damage Control and I don't want it tainted by your dumb twist bullshit. Also your need for Flash to be an obnoxious blonde Chad shows how much you'd rather be able to self-insert in this story than normal.
>>
File: 1499341583683.jpg (36KB, 450x280px) Image search: [Google]
1499341583683.jpg
36KB, 450x280px
>>93726861
That's becuase Raimi can actually direct a film.
>>93726875
>That CGI
>>
>>93728012
>Peter had a roommate named Michelle before right?

Yeah, early in Slott's run.
>>
>>93735944
I totally understand where the frustrated folks are coming from, and I get what you're saying- though I would argue that Luke Cage is a bad example, since being a black guy in Harlem is kind of his whole thing, and being wrongfully imprisoned has a lot of themes tied to that. Whereas the only reason MJ is a hot redhead is because she is. Nothing is really lost by changing that, except for the whole "smoking hottie falls for huge dweeb" thing. But then I'd argue that they already fucked that up with the whole idea of modern bullying, making Peter more or less normal.
>>
>>93736140
Whom he fucked while drunk, though they tried retconning in that they slept in the same bed. And she was happy before Slott had Chameleon fuck her.
>>
>>93734328
do you live in Alabama?
>>
>>93735270
This. He's Peter fucking Parker, remember. He was smart enough to remove the tracker (with some help), so he's smart enough to identify and remove all the dead weight.
>>
>>93736066
>Kevin confirmed

Bulllllllshit
>>
>>93736193
He only had him help with keeping the thing from setting off an alarm when he removed the tracker. The only real thing he needed help with was removing the limiters for the suit. I liked Karen.
>>
>>93726551
I just fucking hate the fat kid character. Literally no redeeming qualities, he literally was there for memes and unfunny jokes
>>
>>93736270
He's the guy in the chair, Anon.
>>
>>93726637
I missed the beginning, what happened? I walked in as Tony was reaching for the car door and Peter thought it was a hug what did I miss?
>>
>>93736270
Ned was surprisingly good imo. When Peter left him in the party I thought the movie would devolve into "oh no my best friend is mad at me how do I save our friendship" shit but he actually got over it when Peter explained how serious things were
>>
>>93736219
I thought I read that in an article, but must've been wrong because I can't find it now. Sorry about that.
>>93736433
It shows them cleaning up NYC after the Chitauri incident of Avengers. Then it says 8 years later, and shows the Civil War stuff going on (ending with Tony's door scene).
>>
>>93736433
The vulture was contracted by the city to clean up and salvage the aftermath of the first avengers movie, when the damage control dudes come and tell him to gtfo and hand over any artifacts he's salvaged. Instead he decides to use what he already has to build and sell weapons and it cuts to "8 years later" when the movie supposedly takes place
>>
File: IMG_0112.jpg (76KB, 400x316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0112.jpg
76KB, 400x316px
If the next movie is more high school bullshit instead of Peter trying to balance Daily Bugle, College, and swinging around ACTUAL SKYSCRAPERS PLEASE, then I will be disappointed.

Also, fuck Sony for holding onto all the actually good Spider-Man characters.
Also, fuck Marvel for making the actual FUCKING SPIDER-MAN COMICS such a chore to read lately.
Also, fuck everybody for not accepting such a rad suit design. I will never not be mad that it didn't get its due.
>>
>>93727805
tsundere stalkerfu
>>
We need Jameson is what we need.
>>
>>93734966
what part was it again? I can't remember
>>
>>93727060
>>93727137
>>93727163
No, it was shit. Uncle Ben should've shown up in a dream, flashback, or at least been mentioned by name.
Everything Peter did felt meaningless, like it was all because he was trying to prove himself to Stark.
He's proved himself, now what? There was no acknowledgement that he felt responsible for his uncle's death, no definite reasoning as to why he needed to do things instead of taking a backseat like Tony asked. It was all just "I'm a big boy now and I can do big boy things".

Even when Adrian dropped the building on him, it was Tony's words that got him up.
>>
>>93729833
Not a single person in my theater laughed at that joke. It was a dumb and forced racist joke. Also, the Washington Monument was NOT made by slaves. That's a fact
>>
>>93726947
4/6 of the way.

Garage Guy was the Tinkerer.
>>
>>93737056
do they have to do the same uncle ben thing for the third time in a row?

I really like the fact that Homecoming isn't set from the very beginning. It's about Peter becoming a better hero, as apposed to his first steps as a hero. We all know a spider bites him, we all know uncle ben gets killed. Cut the repetitive BS and get to the meat of the story instead of wasting 30 minutes on an origin that's already been regurgitated a bunch in the last 15 years.
>>
>>93726637
yeah, that bothered me so much. I would be fine if it was 2-3 years after the New York Invasion.
>>
Am I the only one who thought Michelle was going to be Adrian's daughter because she liked to draw?
>>
scrap the whole thing and start over
no colourwashing of any kind, no sort of like characters like zendaya
non mcu
>>
>>93736106
they were still shit, essentially just a name, we never actually saw them apart from the start
>>
>>93726875
lol
>>
>>93735229
u talkin bout the costume or the jerkin off?
>>
>>93738414
too vague and simplistic. u aint helping one iota anon
>>
>>93726551

Nothing because it's already perfect unless you're an aut-righter or /tv/ contrarian.
>>
>>93737056
>Uncle Ben should've shown up in a dream, flashback

lol, opinion discarded
>>
>>93737056
Fuck no, everyone knows he's Spider-Man cuz of Uncle Ben, no need to waste any time reminding people.
>>
>>93736494
>>93736528
Thanks.
>>
>>93735763
How is a character who has zero facial expressions who occasionally pops up to quip about social justice issues and be a bitch to Peter + everyone else more entertaining than anything.

If you took her out of the movie nothing would change.
>>
>>93726875
>web will dissolve in 2 hours
>days later
>still stuck
>only calling his brother after days instead of immediately after Spider-Man leaves him
>>
>>93728817
>mention the origin. It doesn't have to be an origin story but at least bring it up
Peter did mention how he got bit by a spider.
>>
File: look at him and laugh.jpg (27KB, 442x330px) Image search: [Google]
look at him and laugh.jpg
27KB, 442x330px
>>93729500
>>
>>93733286
underrated

This is maybe the first and last good MCU Spidey movie that we're going to get

The spinoff movies are downhill from here
>>
>>93727867
>I like Childish Gambino but his scene was completely unnecessary and blatant pandering

The callback to the "if you're gonna shoot anyone, shoot me!" line showed that Spider-Man's values can make people warm up to him, even those who live shady/shitty/criminalistic lives
>>
>>93726551
This, I don't even follow these movies/universe that well and something about that didn't add up at all to me when I went to see it tonight with friends.
>>
>>93727964
It's more interesting to have Peter's bully be someone on his same "level," someone who does the same school activities and hangs in the same social circles
>>
1.) Give Shocker a meaningful role rather than being two characters and just being forgettable henchmen

2.) At least have Flash Kumar be the one that also gets bullied by someone bigger than him just be a bully on his own.

3.) Have more of a dynamic between "MJ" and Peter and his friends rather than just follow them around.

4.) This could be fixed in the later movies but have him fully utilize his spidey-sense or at least give him some sort of indication that it was there somewhat in this movie. Other than vulture sneaking up behind him and missing the one mark at the boat ferry scene I wasn't really bothered that his spidey sense being pretty inconsistent because even that was in the Sam Raimi movies.
>>
File: 1499581866795.jpg (36KB, 480x486px) Image search: [Google]
1499581866795.jpg
36KB, 480x486px
delete whole superhero genre because it's garbage
>>
>Get a cool Shocker that could have been traumatised by Vulture and then becomes scardy Shocker
>instead we get a brickwall actor for shocker that has no emotion

I was mad as hell, honestly
>>
File: 1489032908515.jpg (50KB, 322x279px) Image search: [Google]
1489032908515.jpg
50KB, 322x279px
>That scene where Vulture figures out Peter's identity when they're driving in the car and threatens to murder everyone he loves if he keeps interfering with his work

Surprisingly intense moment.
>>
>>93734872
yea why the fuck was there no freedom tower??? i was so hyped to see spidey swing around on/near it
>>
>>93726875
Feige has said he sees a five movie arc for Spidey, meaning Civil war Homecoming, two Infinity War films, and one more solo film. While I have no problem with Miles eventually taking up the mantel, I really don't want the second MCU solo Spidey film to end with him dying.
>>
>>93745954
Maybe in his second solo film. It's going to show us the direct aftermath of Infinity War after all, coming out two months after Part II
>>
>>93727108
he still called him a idiot for the plane, but still did good.
>>
>>93746004
the buildings novelty will have worn off by then
>>
>>93736082
Theres Mcgargan on the movie (nacho guy from breaking Bad with a scorpio Tattoo on the neck)
>>
>>93729120
The AI gives him something to bounce thought off of. The comics have a lot of thinking that can't be shown in the movie itself directly. So give him something to talk to.
>>
>>93735944
This. Imagine black people if they made say Falcon a white guy. Suddendly everyone in Hollywood is a white supremacist and they boycott he movie. Then Marvel kills Peter a gives us Miles Morales to balance things out
>>
>>93726551
Let Raimi make Spider-Man 4 in 2010
>>
>>93736082
>>93746030
One of the other thugs has a rhino tattoo on his neck. It's possibly just an easter egg, but they're teasing fans with the potential future movies.
>>
>>93726918
He did, it's name was Karen
>>
>>93736648
>Also, fuck Sony for holding onto all the actually good Spider-Man characters.
I feel like Marvel didn't want to re-re-reboot spider man. That's why there's no uncle ben, no spider bite scene, no green goblin, etc. That's also why they lean so heavily on karen in this one - it definitively ties this spider man to iron man and the avengers.
>>
>>93735579

It would be great but the lefties would throw a fucking conniption
>>
>>93732244
Yes.
>>
Do you think they'll kill Peter off in the MCU?
>>
File: damn not bad.jpg (209KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
damn not bad.jpg
209KB, 600x601px
I'd give Liz a bit more prominence but that's really about it.

...But I guess since Zendaya looks good in red hair (she's fine as hell regardless tho) I'd have her dye it and have everyone call her MJ but her real name would be "Mary Jane"
>>
>>93736850

the car ride which was very close to becoming a helicopter ride
>>
>>93732962
She did in the comics, Peter always hid from her.
>>
Remove MJ or let her actually just be "Michelle"
>>
>>93726699
He had Spider-Sense

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbr.com/spider-man-homecoming-spider-sense-kevin-feige/amp/
>>
What's with the sexual tension with Aunt May
>Numerous dudes want to bang her
>Peter is well aware of this
>Almost a Cuck-like tone
>Also that scene after he 'loses the stark internship'
>It was a really lingering scene where is head was basically being held at pussy level
>>
>>93737056
Uncle Ben absolutely should not have shown up in a dream. It's cliche as fuck and it was absolutely lame when they did it in the Raimi movies and in BJ'S. They already had the awful "half my face is normal and half of it is my mask" scene. No need for more clumsy, ham fisted literary devices.

We all know Peter is broken up about Uncle Ben, he spent the entirety of Raimi's trilogy crying about it. Let the movie tell its story with slapping us in the face with shit that's already burned into our memories.
>>
>>93737345
Racist? Slaves absolutely mined some of the stones used in the Washington Monument, but it isn't proven that it was actually built by slaves. Slaves DID build the Capitol building and the White House. It's not racist to bring up the history of slavery in a benign joke. Stop being so thin skinned; my theater laughed.
>>
>>93746530
I took it as meta-references to everyone being mad about aunt may in civil war being 'too young and hot' and then all being shocked when they found out Marisa Tomei is 52 in real life.
>>
>>93746399
In the comics he explicitly says multiple times that his Spider-Sense doesn't go off when Aunt May approaches him because she isn't trying to harm him.
>>
>>93746308
It's be interesting if they revealed that in-universe Red is her actual natural hair color and she dyed it because she would get shit for being mixed
>>
>>93746692
That's a good idea anon
>>
>>93746615
He still notices her and avoids her, like hiding on the ceiling or pretending to be sick.
>>
>>93746060

The number of roles available to white actors drastically outnumbers the roles available to nonwhite ones. White actors have never been systemically denied roles where the character's race wasn't a factor for generations. That's the difference.
>>
>>93731583
I don't think he realizes he has it. He may just think he dodges good. I'm just glad they threw in that line in Civil War about "hey guys I think something is wrong" (not to mention blind dodging that thing behind him) so that we know for sure he does have it.
>>
I wouldn't

It's perfect
>>
>>93734757
Exactly. Spidey's back is turned, his eyes light up

"Oh god!"
*ducks*
Something smashes into the spot Spidey just was. Spidey picks it up and throws it back.

"Hey buddy, I think you lost this."
>>
>>93734930
>The entire plot of Iron Man 3 was about him crying about how hard it was to be a superhero and how scared he was.
PTSD. It was PTSD and you're a sad fuck if you couldn't see that. Tony almost died, he saw shit no one has seen before on Earth, and there is something really bad coming they can't be fully ready for. That pushes him into full Howard Hughes mode with the vast majority of specialty suits.
>>
File: 1496012754108m.jpg (41KB, 1024x573px) Image search: [Google]
1496012754108m.jpg
41KB, 1024x573px
>>93746736
>Black people have been denied roles for decades so we should start denying white people roles
Want to know how I know you're tumblr?
>>
>>93746937
>Everyone I disagree with is a Tumblrina!!1!
>>
File: Spot.jpg (32KB, 250x379px) Image search: [Google]
Spot.jpg
32KB, 250x379px
>Post credits scene
>Tinkerer is holding an auction for those want to buy the weaponry from him
>Eventually, three bidders get the devices
>Guy named Octavius gets the anti-gravity gun, Jonathan Ohnn buys the things that make holes in matter, and Roderick Kingsley buys the bombs
Bam, I must made a far more hypeworthy sequel.
>>
I feel like they could've gotten the point across that he's still a rookie without going overboard, so I'd reduce the amount of Charlie Chaplin shit, in particular during the van chase.
>>
>>93746980
Fine, how about r/comicbooks? They're the same thing anyway.
>>
>>93727578
she's funny for the movie, but never good person for friend
>>
So Feige has stated that he's going for a five-film arc for Spidey, and we've just seen #2, with Civil War being the first one. The last film in this arc is the direct sequel to Homecoming, which also shows us the aftermath of Civil War. What do you guys expect from this movie?
>>
>>93746441
>Has spider sense
>Gets blind sided by mooks left and right
>>
>>93747405
>aftermath of Civil War
don't you mean Infinity War?
>>
>>93747478
yes
>>
>>93726551
It was great
Why is /co/ so full of DCshills?
>>
I would make all of Peter's friends white.
>>
>>93730294
>accepting ANY SJW input.

You are the problem. You stupid faggots don't understand how they trickle this shit into everything.
>>
>>93746937
There aren't a shortage of roles for white people
>>
>>93747636
nor should there be.
This is a WHITE country.
Are you going to ask Indians to give you roles in Bollywood or maybe South Koreans or the Japanese??

You fucking niggers should be on your KNEES thanking the white man for even letting you star in anything.

12 percent of the population and you stupid apes are in EVERY fucking scene. God damn.
>>
>>93747420
>>Spider Man never gets hit by anything because of Spider Sense
>>Almost no tension in the movie

Yeah, much better. Also, teen Peter was still getting used to Spider Sense because it was his most exotic power. It's fine.
>>
>>93747648
Hollywood makes more money off China and India in ticket sales than americans, you online-streaming burger eater. And yet they're still sidekicks and background characters for the white folk. Why are you so mad?
>>
>>93747648
>White country
>tons of other races
>Whites on the verge of no longer being a majority

Yeah, no. Nice Stormfront fantasy though
>>
>>93747420
>Has spider sense
>has a million other powers he barely knows about
>has problems at home
>has problems at school
>likes a girl but keeps hurting her
>shit I need to go try and prove to iron man stuff

I can understand why a super-preoccupied spiderman could get sucker punched in this movie. With training and experience, i'm expecting the spider sense dodges to come up more in later movies.
>>
>>93747724
> on the verge.

I saw zero spics in the movie about diversity. fucking low IQ retard.
>>
>>93747680
he also plainly says in civil war he finds all his new enhanced senses extremely overwhelming in the thick of things and struggles to process all that sensory information on the fly
>>
>>93747648
piss off back to /pol/

the ones who brought nonwhites into this country were white people
>>
>>93747826
fuck off this is legit criticism
>>
>>93747773
Good point. Want to hear another? The high school this movie is supposed to be filmed at (Franklin D. Lane HS, which I live near) has almost no white people.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_K._Lane_High_School?wprov=sfla1

Queens itself is one of the most diverse areas in the country. In the 60s when Spider man was made, Queens was majority white, but it's not anymore. It's 2017 and they're updating the demographics to reflect it. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>93747712
as they should be. our content should cater to us
>>
>>93747636
Doesn't mean they should make white characters black just so you can feel good about yourself. Go make original black characters if you want them.
>>
>>93748017
Give me a good reason why it would effect the quality of the story and enjoyment of the movie
>>
>>93747939
>our content should cater to us
it already does. non-white characters are literally always in subservient roles to white characters

who cares if there's more of those characters?
>>
File: save me tony.webm (3MB, 608x256px) Image search: [Google]
save me tony.webm
3MB, 608x256px
SAVE MY MOVIE TONY!
>>
>>93748070
>because of all the welfare provided in this state.
It might have something to do with the giant green french lady saying she wants immigrants to flock to her
>>
>>93748046
because of blatant propaganda???
why not make black panther white then? give me a good fucking reason why he shouldn't be white.
>>
>>93726551
Change it so that Academic Decathlon is actually represented correctly.

That shit was triggering the entire movie.
>>
>>93748070
Cities are always hubs of immigration you troglodyte and have been since they existed. You think all the Italians and Irish and other white people spontaneously manifested in NYC? It's a city of immigrants, as is almost every other world metropolis.
>>
>>93748103
because he's the african king of an african country who has a long line of magical african warriors in his family tree/history?

blind casting works when the character's race isn't part of their identity, but it can be jarring
>>
>>93748101
how the times have changed. flock to America for free shit. Democrats have tarnished the idea of America and you brainwashed idiots can not foresee the consequences of your naive ideas. A country that isn't majority white, will not have the culture you know and love. People don't assimilate to other races cultures that easily
>>
>>93726551

Make the suit Tony Stark offers more obviously the Iron Spider suit.
>>
>>93748138
There are white Africans you know. They exist.
>>
>>93748138
whites live in Africa too.
But you definitely have a reason not to make the gunslinger black then. He had blue eyes in the book. You won't accept him right?
>>
>>93748142
The exact same thing was said when German, Irish, and Italians came over. Same xenophobic bullshit, different century. Well managed immigration is almost always a boost to society.
>>
My only real issue with the MJ thing is that it sums up my issue with race swapping. I actually liked her character and thought she was gonna be an example of what companies SHOULD do: introduce new characters of varying races instead of just saying "we'll take this character, and just make them ____". It's actually inclusive instead of subtly implying the only way to work in different races is to have them piggy back on a white person's success. The MJ twist just made me instantly like her character less and find it lazy. Instead of introducing a new character of a different race, it was just another "make X Y".
>>
>>93748177
Yes and I'm sure they come from a long line of tribal African rulers
>>
itt /co/ hates everything to prove they're one of the cool kids
>>
>>93748183
>Well managed

Key fucking word. Letting third world mongrels organize themselves into Sharia fiefs is not managing them well.
>>
>>93728613

It takes place in New York, you moron.
>>
>>93748142
again, white people. Chinese have been here for centuries and they still haven't assimilated. ever been to China town in nyc?? ever been to queens?? hillside queens looks like a fucking bazaar with stupid asians moving in front of traffic with zero regard for a civilized society
>>
>>93748242
Yeah this doesn't actually happen
>>
>>93748138
>Fine accepting there is a world where a giant purple alien has a glove that lets him control reality while he fights a wizard, a boy with spider powers, a giant green man, and a god with a hammer
>Can't accept that it's a reality where a white guy is the black panther
Only because I saw lots of people use this to argue black Jimmy Olsen
>>
>>93748263
So basically you just want everyone to be white people. Good thing you aren't in charge mini-Hitler. NYC would be boring as fuck
>>
>>93748300
yeah so boring not having to worry about being mugged, shot, raped
>>
>People not knowing that the joke that nobody calls her MJ

>I have no friends
>My friends call me MJ
The joke is nobody calls her MJ.
>>
>>93727082
>It's kind of sad that the best MCU villain so far has been the Vulture, though.
The plot twist with him genuinely scared me when it happened.
>>
>>93748278
Black Panther being black is as integral to his character as Strange being a wizard or Thor being a space God. Take it away and he's good guy Dr. Doom
>>
>>93748263
The Chinese that have been here for centuries have definitely assimilated. The ones that you're referring to are surely recent immigrants.
>>
>>93748299
...Have you not met real black people before?
>>
>>93727578
>I would make Zendaya my GF.
What even was the point of her character? She did nothing throughout the whole movie save a few funny lines.
>>
>>93748323

She says that because she considers them her friends now.
>>
>>93748275
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-13/report-on-female-genital-mutilation-shows-hidden-prevalence/8180340

https://fullfact.org/law/uks-sharia-courts/
>>
>>93748318
Except NYC is one of the safest major metro areas in the country right now. You obviously don't live here. Fuck off.
>>
Michelle was a running gag character who would pop up randomly, do something weird, and then disappear.

I don't really want to see her in a larger role because she's so one-note, but she was fine in this movie and everyone getting triggered by her is kind of sad.
>>
>>93748340
But anon I thought race wasn't important. Sorry I'm not racist and don't find race to be integral to anyone's character.
>But he's African
So? Like I said it's a universe with wizards and aliens. It could also be a world where Africa is a much more diverse place. I'm not even a /pol/ guy or anything. I just fucking hate race swapping. Make a new character like Miles and Kamala or fuck off. Hell even Riri, who I don't like, is more creative than this retarded race swapping shit
>>
>>93748418
miles was the race swap
>>
>>93748366

>She did nothing throughout the whole movie save a few funny lines.

That WAS the point. She was a running gag character who'd show up - often in places that didn't entirely make sense - say something weird, and leave.

For as much as everyone's flipping out over her, you'd think she had more than two minutes of screen time
>>
>>93748382
hahaha the crime rate is spiking. you are a fucking lying schill
>>
File: NYC_murders.png (32KB, 1250x852px) Image search: [Google]
NYC_murders.png
32KB, 1250x852px
>>93748467

>Crime rate in New York is spiking

Greetings, time traveler from 1990! Invest in Apple, and if you don't like black people I have bad news about the 2008 election.
>>
>>93748418
False equivalence everywhere.

Race is definitely a big factor in Black Panther's character. He's one of the first black major characters from a long line of tribal royalty in a highly advanced pre-colonial African nation. A good example of a white character whose race is essential to their character is Captain Marvel, where he's a white Kree and he's specifically a white Kree to bring up the issue of discrimination between white and blue Kree
>>
>>93748533
hahaha post the 2010+ mother fucker
>>
>>93748467
Yeah you obviously don't live here. I'm done talking to you
>>
>>93748178
and wonder woman has blue eyes. I don't accept her as muhwonderwoman but I accept that the portrayal in that movie works.

I guess marvel/x-men's multiverse really makes me care less about movie adaptions.
>>
>>93748573
shut the fuck up. you're definitely 16 years old. you don't know what the fuck you're saying.
I live in Washington heights with all the Dominicans.
>>
>>93747582
You probably also bitch about early Action Comics issues being too progressive.
>>
File: Moidah.png (20KB, 972x441px) Image search: [Google]
Moidah.png
20KB, 972x441px
>>93748561

You've activated my trap card, Anon! I play "Crime rates in New York have gone down since 2010, continuing the decades-long decline from the 1990s highs"
>>
>>93748590
the gunslinger was a descendant of king Arthur. why the fuck is he black now?
>>
File: redneck costume.jpg (16KB, 283x445px) Image search: [Google]
redneck costume.jpg
16KB, 283x445px
>>93748318
>new yorkers are muggers, gang members and rapists

I have some bad news about the stereotypes of people where you live
>>
>>93748617
Sure. And Washington Heights is so crime ridden. Google another neighborhood
>>
Some of y'all need to chill with race and movies
>>
File: spiderman-nerd[1].jpg (187KB, 615x625px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman-nerd[1].jpg
187KB, 615x625px
>have a actual established spider-man, one with a rather small rouges galary
>have the movie focus on bigger problems than just small street crime, hint towards a bigger world that Spidey cant easily influence
>have Toomes lay a actual foundation for the Sinister Six, have him visit Shocker and Tinkerer in prison after their encounters with Spider-man before the movie
>have Cap be the hero pete tries to look up to instead of Iron Man, Cap makes more sense with petes moral system and Tony is a drunk bastard comic Pete always took the piss out of
>less Iron man in petes suit, no AI, just simple gadgets made out of garbage that actually have a good effect, keep all the AI shit for 2099
>have Pete be a actual antisocial nerd, instead of a le quirky nerd or a autist, pete should be someone that focusus headfirst into school and everyone around him is a distraction, dont be afraid to have him act like a dick, its a integral part of the character development
>>
>>93748366
>What even was the point of her character?
she's that weird kid you kinda remember from high school that you didn't always notice but sometimes said something weird or funny
>>
>>93748683

/pol/ is worse than the bronies were for shitting up threads
>>
>>93748679
yeah my heights bubble is the only information I can get on the city. what a great retort
>>
>>93748418
>don't find race to be integral to anyone's character.
that's like saying beast being educated and white and now being a blue monster isn't part of who he is.

or I guess anyone could have been an african rain goddess living in africa, right? Storm just happened to be black? Her race has nothing to do with the entire x-men allegory of visual minorities?

And the pink and purple sentinels, who are literally giant men who kill mutant outsiders on sight, it's just coincidence they all have Caucasian faceplates?
>>
>>93748683
>>93748709
I think it's the summer. There's been a huge uptick since schools let out, so all the edgy teens are trying to show how cool and edgy they are.
>>
>>93748666
Trips confirm. I have no counter to your argument and must admit I know nothing about that series.
>>
>>93746736
Redheads rarely get roles themselves anyway and if they do, they usually dye their hair. I want more redheads, fuck you.
>>
>>93738067
It's not like Ben is important to Peter'sorigin or reason for being Spider-Man. Thanks Disney's Marvel's Sony's Spider-Man
>>
>>93748683
>>93748709
>>93748844
You guys whining about people's legitimate criticisms and crying about /pol/ are even worse than the actual racist shitflingers. There's nothing wrong with wanting a white, redhead--especially when red head characters are nearly non-existent in the MCU with the few redheads having their hair colours swapped.
>>
>>93749137

"This movie set in New York has niggers in it and also I say niggers because wow I'm redpilled and edgy and blacks steal a lot" is not a legitimate criticism.
>>
>>93749178
Yeah and then there's people giving legitimate criticisms but you autists whine about /pol/ every thread and shit up these threads even more than they need to be.
>>
>>93748666
Interracial marriage. It happens
>>
>>93748046
It effects the enjoyment becuase instesd of having a character being an attractive white girl, she's a frumpy, ugly, unlikeable black chick. If you don't like the cast, it hurts your enjoyment.
>>
>>93749026
Homecoming isn't his origin story though.
>>
>>93750161
Ben's death is the whole reason he started this. He at least deserves a mention in passing
>>
>>93750384
Peter made a shitty homemade suit and did youtube stuff after Ben's death, to the point Iron man noticed he existed. This movie is about Iron man trying to make him a hero in civil war and then changing his mind, while peter still wants to be an avenger but decides he's his own man.

Did you know he got his powers from a radioactive spider, or should that have been in the movie? Did you also need them to explain he has spidey sense like some of the other anons in this thread, or was marvel right in assuming you knew that already and didn't bother to explain it to you yet again? The only reason the web cartridge thing got so many mentions was to establish he can do trick shots in this version, and to distance himself from the organic web version.
Thread posts: 518
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.