[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clear this up for me /co/:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Doom obviously knows that God, the Big G, Yawyeh, exists and he's the top dog. He knows Hell is real, Angles are real, all that jazz. He knows about souls and all the "rules". Knowing all that... what is his endgame?!

Seriously, with all the shit he's done, he's gonna go to Hell, regardless of whether or not his motives are pure. So what's he gonna do then? Suffer eternal torture? It's not like he'll die and go there fully decked out and ready to take on the hordes of Hell.

My best guess is that he'll try to prolong his life through scientific/mystic means, and once he rules the world and makes it perfect and all, he'll hope that his good deeds past that point will balance the scales... somehow.

Seriously, this fucking bothers me. Other villains don't have confirmation of the Divine, so I can excuse them acting the way they do, but Doom, who knows everything about it, why does he keep doing evil considering the mortal life is too short? It makes 0 sense.
>>
>>93725317
>It's not like he'll die and go there fully decked out and ready to take on the hordes of Hell.
He's already done this. He's escaped Hell.
>>
>>93725317
that's the whole point, it's his ego/hubris

he thinks he's infallible. although i wonder how marvel is going to undo the doom iron man arc and make him evil again

i suspect it'll take real reed coming back from building universes and they'll just handwave him going riiiiiiiiiiicharrrrrds
>>
>>93725452
He went there decked out in his skin-armor and only escaped by latching onto Mjolnir while it was passing through various dimensions. I think when he dies and his soul goes to Hell he'll just be butt-naked.
>>
I dunno

I love Doom though
>>
>>93725457
>that's the whole point, it's his ego/hubris
It doesn't make sense in the grand scheme of things though. If I knew I would be judged based on my actions, and if I lived in a world full of aliens and whatnot, why fight to elevate Earth and then die and hope things will remain as "good" as when I ruled the world?

In a Vertigo-esque verse where he exists alongside only a handful of characters such a story/plot might make sense, but in the MU...

>although i wonder how marvel is going to undo the doom iron man arc and make him evil again

Rumor has it he'll be an Iron Man villain. Judging from the current IM plots, the US will bomb Latveria due to the Von Bardas plotting, Tony will come back and tell him to GTFO and leave the armor, so he'll go into an autistic rage again.
>>
>>93725317
marvel god is not christian god and hell is just another realm to conquer
>>
>>93725559
doom suffers from a little lex luthor syndrome, where "i would achieve all my goals if it wasn't for superman/reeeeeeed/shield/avengers/etc"

> f I knew I would be judged based on my actions, and if I lived in a world full of aliens and whatnot, why fight to elevate Earth and then die and hope things will remain as "good" as when I ruled the world?
that's the thing, he thinks he'll be judged as "good" regardless, that's how deep his flaw is

> doom as stark villain
i think you are sadly correct, because ike is a faggot and will never push the F4 again as long as Fox has the rights

on the flip side doom is a better foil for t'challa, one of the few things i liked about hudlin's run. head of state vs head of state makes more sense
>>
>>93725317
Doom doesn't like TOAA and is not only convinced he can beat the 'rules' that govern the Marvel mega-reality but is actively preparing to do so. Hell, you could argue he already has, repeatedly.
He thinks he doesn't need to submit to God, or use heaven and hell to define his morality.
>>
>>93725317
>Doom obviously knows that God, the Big G, Yawyeh, exists
mmhhmm
>and he's the top dog
contestable.
>>
>>93725660
>marvel god is not christian god
The One Above All was originally YHWH and then this was retconned into YHWH being a god on the same level as Odin. Which in turn has been forgotten/stealth retconned into YHWH being a shard of TOAA. Basically Perljew wants it both ways so he can keep his 'diversity' meme going with out pissing off the Christfags that actually by comic books.
>>
>>93725559
the difference between you and Doom is you just accept the premise that God's judgements are infallible, hell that you even accept them as valid.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.