/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: titans.jpg (78KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
titans.jpg
78KB, 720x480px
What went wrong?
>>
>>93718986
It's only flaws were the pseudo-anime look, casting Tara Strong, and setting the series-ending movie in Japan. Everything else was on-point for what it was trying to accomplish.
>>
Why did the show end so prematurely again?
>>
>>93719027
> casting Tara Strong
Oh fuck off, Tara was wonderful as Raven.
>>
>>93718986
It is way too overrated. It's a nice flick to watch occasionally, but nothing special really, just your average cape cartoon.
>>
>>93718986
It's fanbase, Tara Strong, not ending with defeating the Brain, and wanting a sixth season.
>>
>>93719160
I agree its overrated but at the time,it was really one of the best cartoons to watch.
>>
>>93718986
Cyborg had the least fleshed-out personality. Sure, he'd angst about not being human from time to time, but that happened occasionally. Most of the time, Cyborg's there to be a satellite character to Beast Boy and to make jokes about his tech. It would've been more interesting if he had challenged Robin since he was always second-in-command. Even that very cringe Very Special Episode could've been used as a springboard to talk about Cyborg's experiences with racism unlike the comics terrible takes (football/gangs/estranged father/dead mother), etc.

Cyborg is one of my favorite comic characters, and while the cartoon is the definitive version of him, they still fell a little short.
>>
File: Gul'Dan.gif (3MB, 409x250px) Image search: [Google]
Gul'Dan.gif
3MB, 409x250px
>>93718986
>>
>>93719245
Didn't each season revolve around a certain character? or at least a couple of episodes did, I remember Cyborg only having two that I remember,one about him being limited as a Cyborg since he's half human and the red robot guy wasn't and where he went back in time,those episodes were really good too,he should have had more.
>>
>>93719031
>prematurely
It ended because after 5 Seasons its steadily-dropping ratings no longer warranted being renewed and CN wanted to re-allocate resources to other projects.

It ended on a cliff-hanger because the makers decided to end their season with a cliff-hanger to try and black-mail viewer interest for renewal despite the fact that the last season had the perfect ending to the series up until that shitty fucking episode.
>>
>>93719298
I see,Things Change was actually an episode that was meant to air earlier but the creators decided to make it the last episode right?
>>
>>93719289
The major arcs of them did. But you're misremembering; BB got two, Cyborg only had one (and both of those elements were part of it).

If forget the order of the middle ones, but
-First one was Robin with Slade.
-One revolved around BB/Terra
-The Cyborg/Brother Blood season.
-The Raven/Trigon season
-Finally the BB/Doom Patrol season

It was Starfire who never got a season because she was a 2-dimensional gag character/love interest for Robin.
>>
>>93718986
The real problem is that they had a cliffhanger at the end. If that never happened the fans wouldn't be so rabid about wanting it back and we never would've gotten TTG.
>>
File: 1475847107437.png (499KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475847107437.png
499KB, 720x720px
>>93719332
>that spoiler

VERY rude anon but sadly true
>>
>>93719332
>It was Starfire who never got a season because she was a 2-dimensional gag character/love interest for Robin.
Knew she's a slut.
>>
>>93718986
Nothing.
>>
>>93719298
It didn't end on a cliffhanger. The showrunners didn't think every single detail about Terra's resurrection was more important than the themes of moving on and letting things go.

Ironically, that flew over the heads of many.
>>
>>93719298
>>93719312
You're both lying retards who have no clue about the actual behind-the-scenes shit, just STFU.

In reality, ratings (and toy sales!) remained ludicrously high right until the end of the show, but new management at CN forced every show to be "re-evaluated" for its suitability to the network, and they didn't feel it was a good fit for the direction they were trying to go with CN.

And the last episode was planned that way by the show writers BECAUSE the show was ending, there was no network/producer influence there, and had the show continued the episode would not have been written that way. Also, one of the show writers pitched a follow-up series in lieu of season 6, but it was turned down by the same dumbass execs.
>>
>>93720917
>they didn't feel it was a good fit for the direction they were trying to go with CN.
Guess CN did something right.
>>
>>93720917
>the show writers pitched a follow-up series in lieu of season 6
Do you have anymore info about this?
>>
>>93721204
It's a lengthy chat transcript, and it would take quite a while to get the relevant bits copied out of there, so just search for "season 6":
http://web.archive.org/web/20061209135742/http://www.titansgo.net/interviews.php?id=3
>>
>>93721307
And in case anyone cares, here's a source for the rest of that info (the exec stuff in particular):
https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20060813144340/http://www.titansgo.net/files/transcripts/wilw_tt-cancelled.doc
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.