[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Brainiac a cheap/overpowered villain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: brainiac.gif (3MB, 1057x449px) Image search: [Google]
brainiac.gif
3MB, 1057x449px
Is Brainiac a cheap/overpowered villain?
>>
>>93715093
Is Superman a cheap/overpowered hero?
>>
Go back to /v/.
>>
>internet fight with a chatbot.gif
>>
There's no such thing as "cheap" or "overpowered" in a fucking comic book, it's not a video game.
>>
>>93715093
Name any major success Braniac has ever had
>>
>>93715678

nothing lasting but he lead the society on the first Crisis, he became Bleediac, got Earth and Apokolips to take out Imperiex for him.
>>
>>93715655
A villain can be so overpowered that they make any conflict boring and/or make every defeat on their part look like poor writing.
>>
>>93715678
He once discovered alternative timelines and collected dozens of DC continuity's worth of cities and housed them on a planet for who knows how long without issue.

Also, you know, the thousands of bottled cities from across the universe and becoming a coluian so intelligent there wasn't a scaling measurement to say how above lvl12 he was.
>>
>>93715678
Destroyed thousands (millions?) of civilizations and planets, beat up Superman and the rest of the League a bunch of times, manipulated the Justice League and Apokolips into killing off Imperiex, and became an immortal multiversal god.
>>
>>93715745
I don't agree. If the conflict is boring, it's the writer's fault, not the character. The writer doesn't HAVE to use that villain if they can't come up with a credible way for the hero to win.

However your statement could be true if it were a situation where, for some reason, a writer was FORCED to use a low-powered hero against a high-powered villain again and again and again, but I think that could be said of any villain that has to be reused repeatedly.
>>
>>93715107
yes
>>
Vril Dox > Querl Dox > Braniac.

If you think this is untrue you are a confirmed pleb.
>>
>>93715093
Nope, he is just powerful.

Thanos literally can't lose unless he wants to lose deep down. Why aren't you making Thanos threads?
>>
The antagonist is supposed to be OP. If the protag doesn't have to struggle then the story is boring.
>>
File: 7-age-of-ultron-comic-720x1100.jpg (202KB, 720x1100px) Image search: [Google]
7-age-of-ultron-comic-720x1100.jpg
202KB, 720x1100px
Is Ultron a cheap/overpowered villain?
>>
>>93717584
because pretty much everyone agrees that Thanos is cheap.
>>
>>93717894
sometimes
>>
leaving aside feats (and the speed force) for a second, what's the actual strongest fictional being

I realize you can just say 'my character is all powerful,' but of the known badasses, like dormammu or the new beyonders, that have appeared in more than one storyline, who is actually the strongest

you can't say doctor doom, it can't be feat based success, it has to be actual ultimate power. One above all still?
>>
>>93715678
From the look of things, he finally got that decent pair of pants.
>>
>>93718016
I ain't seeing that.
>>
>overpowered
>can't even kill batman
>>
>>93718531
Pretty sure it's Mister Myxlplyx.
>>
>>93718531
The Christian god
>>
>>93715678
Indirectly saved the pre-crisis DC universe.

Bottled cities across hypertime.

Killed Pa Kent.

Cucked Imperiex

His track record is actually really really good.
>>
>>93715678
Was that event with black superman canon
>>
>>93717429
Explain the difference to a non superfag (don't dislike it, just unfamiliar)
>>
>>93721031
Where is the recommended reading for my man brainy?
>>
>>93721569
Vril Dox was a good guy and somewhat of a badass. No idea who Querl Dox is though.
>>
>>93721638
Is vril just brainiac 5?
>>
>>93715678

....Kandor?
>>
>>93721569
Vril Dox I, aka Brainiac 1 is the classic Superman villain.

Vril Dox II, aka Brainiac 2 is the leader of the PMC L.E.G.I.O.N (Licensed Extra-Governmental Interstellar Operatives Network).

Querl Dox, aka Brainiac 5 is a high profile member of the 31st century's Legion of Super-Heroes.
>>
>>93721817
If that's vril then what is this>>93721638
Nigga sayin
>>
>>93721591
-Brainiac
-COIE
-Beginning arc of Superbro
-???
>>
>>93715093
I preferred how his STAS incarnation didn't destroy Krypton, but just fucked off to save himself when he realized the planet's destruction was inevitable.
>>
>>93718540
So did solomon grundy so that's nothing special
>>
File: 1225069103850.jpg (834KB, 1280x2068px) Image search: [Google]
1225069103850.jpg
834KB, 1280x2068px
>>
>>93723087
Destroying krypton isn't canon, it's just frequently used in things like injustice and smallville. Although if I remember correctly, in smallville he was an AI made by JorEl to determine how to fix krypton, and when he realized it couldn't be he, as you said so eloquently, fucked right off.
>>
>>93723087
I don't like how STAS went with the AI version of him and made him Kryptonian.
>>
File: Azathoth.jpg (508KB, 1312x1228px) Image search: [Google]
Azathoth.jpg
508KB, 1312x1228px
>>93718531
Azathoth:

1. The universe is contingent on Azathoth's dream-state and Azathoth is contingent on the universe and thus contingent on his own dream-state. Azathoth is dreaming the universe and he is the universe and thus he is his own dream.

2. Azathoth is mindless and non-rational and passively pursues his "goals" in the same way that a ball "desires" to roll down a hill.

3. Also like a ball rolling down a hill, Azathoth's impetus is to follow the path of least resistance to the point of lowest order and energy. That is, Azathoth's impetus is to cease to exist. Since Azathoth and the universe are contingent on each other, this means the universe will also cease to exist.

4. Azathoth is prevented from realizing this impetus by the outer gods who want to exist. They maintain his dreamstate knowing that if he woke up all realities and unrealities would immediately terminate.

5. Instead, Azathoth attains a vicarious annihilation by imbuing his impetus on all living things. Azathoth is the urge to kill and destroy and consume past our means, but also to reproduce because more growth means more death. Reality is Azathoth's temple and every atom within it worships Azathoth.

Everything that's ever happened is just an emergent property of God's eternal self-mutilation.
>>
>>93722994
He's just wrong. You should check out LEGION (and Legion of Super-Heroes).
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.