[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cartoon Tropes you Love/hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: homer_facepalm.jpg (270KB, 800x549px) Image search: [Google]
homer_facepalm.jpg
270KB, 800x549px
>Female protagonist has a crush on or idolizes a hero who has a secret identity
>Is best friends with the hero and doesn't notice that he/she has the exact same facial structure, eyes, hair color, and voice of the hero.
>The hero constantly drops hints to her that he/she has been hiding this secret all along.
>After hearing this the female protagonist tells him/her "Wow you sure know a lot about this hero!"
>Hero is super chill as he watches the protagonist fangirl extremely loud about the hero and he/she isn't annoyed at all for some weird reason.
>Everything is super obvious but the chick still can't put two and two together
I'll excuse this trope because the protagonist is usually has a crazy obsession with the hero which blinds them from seeing the obvious similarities that her friend has. But this joke gets tiresome after several episodes. Like jeez just have her find out the hero's identity already!
>>
File: 1487709185558.png (117KB, 429x830px) Image search: [Google]
1487709185558.png
117KB, 429x830px
>trope
>>
File: png.png (807KB, 1080x897px) Image search: [Google]
png.png
807KB, 1080x897px
>>93715018
>it's a 'suicide is bad' episode
>>
>>93715018
bump
>>
>extremely stupid character display cunning or intelligence for a moment
>Instantly reverts back to his stupidity
I like the trope tbqh famalam
>>
>>93715018
>the characters I ship don't fuck
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-07-21-21h15m26s117.png (527KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-07-21-21h15m26s117.png
527KB, 720x540px
>guy is saving the girl from rape
>she rewards him with sex

odd, don't you think?
>>
File: hsart.jpg (222KB, 1240x786px) Image search: [Google]
hsart.jpg
222KB, 1240x786px
>>93715018
>it's a "character tells a lie for no reason other than to impress someone and has to force other characters to go along with it or tries getting out of it by lying more, only making it worse" episode
>>
>>93717010
this
>>
>Random character does something rude
>Is later brutally murdered

Am I supposed to think they deserved it?
>>
>>93717010
>multiple spongebob episodes utilize this plot and they're great
Come on now, you can't tell me this trope is all bad.
>>
File: 1473786089091.png (339KB, 547x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473786089091.png
339KB, 547x480px
>Character has multiple dates at the same time and tries to swap between them
>>
>>93715045
>another website uses this word, so we must strike this word from our vocabulary
for now on we will call tropes "repeaty-cheaty plot points" because god forbid we use an existing term
>>
>>93717470
>repeaty-cheaty plot points

Nigel pls
>>
>>93715018
>Unpopular character becomes popular.
>Becomes an asshole and shits on their friends.
It's sort of funny to me watching this because half the time the friends deserve it since they can be rude to unpopular character as well. And since most of the time the unpopular character is accepted back into the group, they can get away with being a jerk for a while.
>>
>>93718862
>Character wins lots of money
>They become an asshole
>Character returns to their old self once they lose all their money
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.