[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shape shifters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1474770304118.jpg (28KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474770304118.jpg
28KB, 600x400px
I was wondering, if a shapeshifter got injured while in a different form and reverted back to their original form, how would the injury appear in the original?

Let's say someone turned into a bird and hurt their wing. Would that injury become an arm injury to original form?

Can a shapeshifter control the injury? As in a broken leg is now a shattered finger.

dumb questions I know, but that stuff popped into my head recently.
>>
>>93709984
As far as I'd handle a story element like that, I'd have the injury appear on the most relevant location. Like, a tail injury would transfer to the leg, or thigh. More obscure stuff like tentacles, well I think is make that be nerve damage over the whole body. I'd the power allowed movement of injury during shifts, I'd make it need to be equivalent damage over a similar sized area. You could move broken arm to broken leg, or rib to leg bone.
>>
>>93709984
>Would that injury become an arm injury to original form?

*Would that injury become an arm injury to the original form?
>>
I always assume injury is only as relevant as its reduction in mass to the shapeshifter. A broken bone can be re shifted into a fixed one, a lobbed of arm can be re formed but the mass has to come from somewhere. each part can be used to shift into anything, Like the THING. until there is no longer enough mass to create the desired form. Obviously shape shifting can be done any such way so its really just up to you.
>>
>>93709984
From what I've seen the injury goes to the equivalent of their normal form. So a broken wing turns into a broken arm, burn on tail will most likely end up as a back burn, etc.
>>
>Can change molecular level
>Can't heal themselves if they change back
>>
File: 1474747459649.gif (41KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
1474747459649.gif
41KB, 170x200px
>>93709984
I suppose that depends on the writer dictating the rules and abilities of shapeshifting.
>>
>>93710734
What happens if a shape shifter got brain damage? Does the shifter have to think about what they're turning into or is it like the flight or fight response?
>>
>>93711257
If it was my story, I'd make them unable to shift back, or they turn into horrors of mixed body parts that might even be inside out
>>
>>93709984
According to Witcher 3, when Dudu lost his eye the scar and damaged eye showed up even in his true form.
It makes more sense to.me but I suppose it's up to the writer, like >>93711209 said
>>
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Can A Shape Shifter Be Injured Hahahaha Nigga Just Grow Your Limbs Back Like Nigga Change Your Form Haha
>>
>>93709984
Animorphs has an answer, only it requires a new realm of existence to take and dump flesh from at any given point.
Your injury heals as good as new, but the mental scarring is something else.
>>
>>93711914
Wait, how does that fuck you up?
>>
>>93711460
love it
>>
>>93711914
You lose a limb m8. The physical pain goes but you don't just walk that off.
Especially if it becomes a regular thing, and your subconsciousness is still feeling the ghost of a wing, or a tail, or a third and fourth leg.
>>
>>93712067
Meant to reply to >>93711975
>>
>>93709984
Well Bumblebee still has a speech issue.
>>
>>93712123
>>
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.