[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when we all thought this was the pinacle of western

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Scaramouch.gif (84KB, 540x570px)
Scaramouch.gif
84KB, 540x570px
Remember when we all thought this was the pinacle of western animation?

Remember when episode XCII came out and we were shitting our pants over how perfect it was?

Good times. I felt for the bait like a duck and got epically trolled.
>>
>>93707166
The timing on the gif seems fucked up.
>>
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/90835665/#q90835665
It hurts.
>>
>>93707166
>tfw I stopped watching right after he killed all the daughters

I might just pretend him falling off the cliff is how it ended.
>>
>>93707166
The Jack threads on the first three episodes were some kind of magical.
>>
>>93708188
>Everybody shitting on Greg
What the fuck? I thought he was excellent
>>
>>93708818
Wise choice.
>>
>>93708818
I'm one of the people who thinks episode 4 is only slightly weaker than the first three, but at this point watching them as a self-contained ending works best.
>>
>>93707166
The first three episodes were Samurai Jack as we remembered it, the next seven were Samurai Jack as it was for 60% of its original run of episodes. Slightly above average.
>>
>>93709119
Nope, even the worst episodes of the original run are still better than episodes 5-10, because they didn't have shit pacing or Ashi.
>>
>>93708818
Excellent choice, you would have either gotten angry at the direction the season went, or loved it just to be horribly disappointed by the last episode
>>
File: 1494366524799.png (252KB, 373x402px)
1494366524799.png
252KB, 373x402px
The show really dropped in quality when it started focusing on Ashi.
>>
>>93708998
The first episode Greg did was depressed Aku, so it didn't exactly sound right to a lot of people.

He sounded fine when he got to ham it up as Aku proper.
>>
>>93708818
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKlaXtCC5NQ
Pretend this is the canon ending.
>>
File: Samurai scientists.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai scientists.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>93708188
>It's the scientists from x9
Shouldn't they be sickly old or dead 50 years later?
>>
>>93709445
MUH SHITTY RUSHED FANFICTION-TIER EPISODEEEEEESS
See? I can do it too.
>>
>>93709445
OP here. I also hate how every samurai Jack thread turned into fags talking about the first 3 episodes on season 5, but it makes me very sad to see how much potential the season had, jsut to see it become mediocre at most.
>>
>>93708188
Damn. Reading some of those posts saying this season is/was going to be better than the others. They had no idea what they were in for.
>>
I enjoyed the second half for the deliberately silly slightly forced romance that it was. Not even based Genndy can escape the urge to make a perfect Mary sue waifu and pair her with his ORIGINAL SAMURAI OC DONUT STEEL.

I was pretty mad when she got fridged at the end though.
>>
>>93709508
future tech
>>
>>93709558
the only rushes ones were 7 and 8
>>
>>93709445
First 3 episodes were the best. The truth hurts, doesn't it?
>>
>>93709828
That's good though, and it doesn't just suggest the rest are bad. You worded that like shit. Something like "Only the first 3 episodes weren't shit" works better.
>>
>>93708818
Why did you stop watching there?
>>
>>93709089
To be fair, up to episode 6, they all had their charms.

Episode 4 was pretty good and resembled old Samurai Jack episodes
Episode 5 was pretty good, especially the Aku scene and the phoenix story. The episode would have been perfect if the action wasn't so shitty.
Episode made it very good to see old characters coming back and stuff. The problem was the lack of action and the fact that the episode focused on Ashi.

From then on it only got worse. The romance thing really made it lame. Could have been interesting to have a romance start and then see them die.
>>
>>93708818
God are you still this anally fucked?
>>
>>93709217
so the second the new season started?
>>
>>93710296
>episode 6
>see her die
fixd.
>>
I'm an ultra contrarian cause I think only episode 1 and 2 were good, not sure why I think 3 lost the ball but it's how I feel.
>>
>>93710806
I really liked it but I felt 3 took a gratuitous turn after the very restrained death scene in 2
>>
File: SamuraiJackAdultSwimUK.png (394KB, 960x518px) Image search: [Google]
SamuraiJackAdultSwimUK.png
394KB, 960x518px
>>93707166
It's really bizzare. The tone, pacing, and direction of the the first three episodes was so much better compared to the rest of the season that it almost feels like they were made an entirely different team.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.