[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Legacy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1415753015992.png (445KB, 1000x870px) Image search: [Google]
1415753015992.png
445KB, 1000x870px
Realistically, how could you pull a "DC Rebirth" styled take on Marvel after Secret Empire? I can't see how it'd work with how scattered the "classic" incarnations of them are. DC's problem was the diction of the characters and not the cluster of issues going on in 616 right now. Please avoid the "Reboot it" argument, that only complicates problems in the long run.
>>
First restructure editorial, then after that you can figure it out. You have to get the talent first or it won't work.
>>
>Kill off characters in 616.
>Start a new universe
>Watch 616 sales plummet
>Slowly Cancel 616 books
>Retcon New Universe to be actual 616
>>
>>93706998
What was the point if all that history goes down the tubes and you know writers will reference all the good 616 stories from the last half a century? Do you want a rebooted Marvel where something like the Phoenix Saga can never be mentioned out of fear of bringing past baggage?
>>
Fire pretty much everyone and get better talent in.

Have Peter find out about OMD and fight Mephisto for it back. The reveal is that the OMD deal splintered the timeline, thus regaining the marriage pushes the timeline to the way it was supposed to be.
>>
I'd just reboot it entirely. I'll list off the books and atmosphere of the universe:

1. The Amazing Spider-Man (including Daredevil)
2. Captain America (including Falcon)
3. The Incredible Iron Man (including War Machine and Vision)
4. The Mighty Thor (including Hercules and Beta Ray Bill)
5. The Incredible Hulk (including She-Hulk)
6. Dr. Strange
7. The Mighty Avengers (all the solo book stars, including Ant-Man and the Wasp)
8. The Fantastic Four (including the Inhumans)
9. The Uncanny X-Men
10. Adjectiveless X-Men (both books switch between Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Phoenix, Beast, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Iceman, and Shadowcat)
11. The Savage Wolverine (solo book)
12. Marvel Two-In-One (team-up book)

I'm going for an unquestionable set of A-listers in this world with the high B-list being supporting heroes who stick to their respective books, and keep it as simplistic in numbers as I can.

The solo book heroes are the ones that historically always headlined a book or at least anthology series and in the modern day are the first choices for solo franchises, and they combine to form the Avengers and make it the Justice League equivalent - yes, including Spider-Man, who is college-age as he starts his hero career. The X-Men are also college-age, consist of the absolute core members, and are led by Professor X. Human Torch is college age. Everyone otherwise is mid-20s to early 30s as need be.

Theme-wise? Spidey has your swashbuckling hero adventures, Cap focuses on political-themed stuff, Iron Man on technology, Thor on mythology (even if I'd revive a lot of his human/non-mythological enemies), Hulk a wanderer trying to do his best helping others despite RAGE, Dr. Strange keeping the occult from spilling over into the earth or kicking them back as need be if they crop up, X-Men the usual social justice minority stuff, and the FF explicitly science and science-fiction.
>>
I heard they are going to have an event after Legacy that'll be Marvel Rebirth.
>>
>>93705724
>Realistically, how could you pull a "DC Rebirth" styled take on Marvel after Secret Empire?
I -
>Please avoid the "Reboot it" argument
Oh. OK.
>>
>>93707128
^This. The Mephistoverse needs to be dealt with. Too bad they'll probably just go with movie synergy and turn Parker into a highschooler again instead.
>>
>>93709398
Why? Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment aren't even the same company anymore. In fact they hate each other.
>>
>>93709430
Despite this Marvel Comics continues to force meaningless SYNERGY. They don't even get exclusive info beforehand they literally just watch the movies like the rest of us to find out what to shoehorn into their comics.
>>
>>93705724

1. This >>93705797
2. Make something that fans actually wanted like undid OMD, bring back F4 & don't treat X-men like shit so that it will get the fan attention.
3. Make less event comic.
>>
>>93710453
Shouldn't the return of the Fantastic Four fit that niche better than undoing OMD? What I'm talking about is Marvel characters have issues all across the board that I'm not sure how you can bring back in one swoop. DC had issues with how characters were written, not them being torn to pieces. You'd need to find a way to bring back Logan, Scott, Thor, Captain America, etc. all in one big move. No idea how they'd do it.
>>
File: 1487623204521.jpg (201KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1487623204521.jpg
201KB, 960x1280px
If Marvel wants to do a "Rebirth", they need to use what people have been clamoring for as a centerpiece. For DC it was bringing back OG Wally out of limbo, and for Marvel, that is naturally undoing OMD. But that is more a "Now you have my attention" moment like Wally's return was.

That would let the readers know Marvel admits to their fuck ups. Shit like Renew Your Vows isn't helping matters because its not addressing the real problem, and that is Marvel's unwillingness to concede. They've let their ego blind them. Even if they remove the SJW propaganda, their books would still be shit because they still lack the desire to truly restructure and improve. All they are doing is patching up the holes in the sinking ship.

1. Purge the upper management and get a new one. Its clear Alonso and Brevoort are not going to change their ways, and are clearly shit at their jobs.

2. More writers and artists. The art is garbage on too many books. Alonso claiming art is not as important as story is dumb on so many levels. If art doesn't matter, why should anyone read comics to begin with? Novels are available and on average the stories there are far better. Comics benefit from a visual style that blends text and images. The art is just as important as the writing. As for the writing, if its so important, why does it suck just as much? Get some new talent for fuck sake, and stop hiring /tumblr/ types already. These people don't know how to write stories.

3. Bring down your number of titles. This is speaking business wise. Marvel is spreading their limited talent pool across too many series, and that is having an adverse effect to their return of investment. It doesn't matter how well people think Secret Empire is doing because the lionshare of Marvel's titles are flopping hard. And it all comes down to the terrible titles they have, and teams not putting their all due to the sheer number they are working on already. Start with a good core number of books and work up.
>>
>>93710576
That could work, but the Fantastic Four haven't been gone that long for there to be that much yearning, plus Reed and Doom were the players in Secret Wars. Spidey like Flash was done dirty and needs to be rectified as a first act of business. That single act can help revitalize a ton of hope in Marvel.
>>
>>93710868
I'd argue the Flash wasn't fucked for that long either but that'll just go back to both of us agreeing that a Marvel Rebirth would involve digging themselves out of a bigger hole than DC's comics ever had in recent times.
>>
>>93705724
Full
MCU
Synergy
>>
>>93705724
Fuck the fans who hate it?

Why reboot marvel when yout bitched at nu52? Seems retarded.
>>
>>93712502
So keep Marvel as is and not not address it's problems like Rebirth did for DC? No reboot involved there.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.