[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this still the best MCU film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Is this still the best MCU film?
>>
Nah I like those Iron Man clones Ant Man and Doctor Strange better because they're funny and have quips.
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHAHA.png (2MB, 1920x776px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHAHA.png
2MB, 1920x776px
Yeah, it wasn't heavy on CGI like the rest of them
>>
by a mile
>>
>>93701057
I personally preferred Civil War but I'll still say Winter Soldier is better.
>>
>>93701412
I think the same. I like more Civil war. It was fun, but WS was a better movie.
>>
>>93701412
Civil war fucking ruined the trilogy, instead of a third captain A movie it was just avengers 3.

Now we will never get a third captain america movie
>>
>>93701621
Why would you pretend First Avenger is a good movie?

The moment he gets to the actual war, it goes to shit.
>>
The first GotG movie is still my favourite
>>
That's not IM1
>>
No other cape came even close to it
>>
File: 1499443787674.webm (3MB, 1416x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499443787674.webm
3MB, 1416x600px
It has superior fight scenes compared to the rest of marvel flicks
>>
>>93701621
No, it's a bullshit. Civil war it's a Captain America movie. And, anyways, Cap always work better when he can be in a leadership context. We already had a spy story in Winter Soldier.
>>
>>93701057
for me it is, but for pure nerd entertainment I did like civil war a bit better. I know this will sound a bit like an apologist but... for all the Anons crying that Civil War was just Avengers 3 - I'm simply glad we got 3 good, solid movies under the title of Cap at all.
Taking a hard close look at the character and how it works in a comic and then trying to make it work on the big screen.... Cap is possibly one of the hardest source materials on the planet to deal with. Yet somehow it happened, and it made a very good profit.

God bless Based Russos, and Joe Johnston for getting the ball rolling.
>>
>>93701412
I feel the same way, Winter Soldier is probably the more competent movie but Civil War is still my fav
>>
>>93702257
Why didn't Hawkeye change his bow to staff mode here?
>>
>>93701057
Yes

>>93701621

Look I wanted a third fully solo Cap movie, but CW was Cap centric and finished his arc nicely.
>>
>>93701057
I might be biased as a Cap fag, but WS had everything I wanted

>Focused on Cap's character
>GOAT capeshit action
>Tight, bullshit free script
> Heart, and perfect portrayal of Cap/Bucky dynamic

It wasn't perfect, but it's my favorite capeshit of all time
>>
>>93701057
it's the second best after the Guardians of the Galaxy.

The elevator fight is honestly one of the best fight scenes of all time
>>
I wonder how the Russos will handle the action in Infinity War. They are good at directing hand to hand combat but with all the cosmic stuff in Infinity War they will have to step it up further.
>>
File: 1495725704162.jpg (223KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495725704162.jpg
223KB, 1600x900px
>>93701057
nope
>>
>>93705110
They're getting help from Gunn. I think it'll be okay.
>>
arguably the only good one
>>
>>93701057

It's in the top tier and a very lonely tier it is. Now having read the source material, I would have preferred a bit more back story on the WS - and therefore would have preferred Civil War to be more Cap centric - it's a Captain America film only in the most tengential senses for long stretches of the film. If they hadn't had to introduce Black Panther, if they hadn't spent all that energy and time on Zemo "quelle coïncidence!" contrivances that they passed off as a 'plan,' it might have been a more satisfying trilogy closer.

As it stands, it really is a better Avenger film that AoU and probably a better Avenger films that the first.
>>
>>93701621
>tfw we will never have an road film with Cap, Falcon and BW trying to find Bucky
>>
>>93701057
It's not even the best Captain America film.
>>
>>93701057
It's great, but I really enjoyed Homecoming as well.
>>
>>93706841
>if they hadn't spent all that energy and time on Zemo "quelle coïncidence!" contrivances that they passed off as a 'plan,
The only thing that was convenient for Zemo was Stark's arrival at the base, and it was only done purely to cut 30 minutes from the running time. If you want convenient, had the Hydra agent told him the location the majority of the film would have been skipped. The film is the opposite of convenient.
>>
First Avenger > Sphincter Soldier >>> Civil Bore
>>
>>93701057
Yes. CA has the best movies with GotG right after, then Iron man.
>>
>>93705110
>Good at directing hand to hand combat
no they aren't. Just look at >>93702257 the amount of cuts they made in a single sequence is disgusting. They aren't really good directors at all, just typical yes-men directors.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.