[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this: Hero or Villain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_8679.jpg (174KB, 655x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8679.jpg
174KB, 655x1024px
Is his code of honor just a meme? Does he genuinely want to help? Is he just a guy with an inferiority superiority complex taken too far? What is the real nature of... DOOM?!
>>
>>93695741

Neither.

He is an anti-villain. He's a good guy that does bad things.
>>
>>93695758

But then, Doom is above such petty labels.
>>
>>93695741
He acquired power, went back to his home country, liberated his people, elevated his people, secured his people from external exploitation all without needing to given he could easily sustain his own private robotic empire off the grid.

Victor is simply not a man of simple black or white, he is moral grey. Attempts have been made to make those previous efforts dim under a different light of perspective but the fact remains again that he never need do any of them if he were simply a villain. He could have allowed the people of Latveria to simply rot while plotting global conquest, the wealth of their land is a personal one its resources are not necessarily valuable to him, and he could easily search elsewhere uninhabited. Their reverence for him to sate his ego is also not enough of a cause given he had the fealty of the monks before and chose to leave them for Latveria.

Too much of what Doom does or intends to do borders on villainy, but too much of what he has done also cannot be easily placed there without stretching further than Mr.Fantastic to make it all fit neatly.
>>
Hes what happens when a logical person becomes to emotional
>>
>>93695741

I think Doom is basically three people.

There is Doom, the one who looks down on the gods. He is above human failings - either mercy or hatred - and would conquer the universe because he should rule it. He cannot fail.
There is Victor von Doom, the man; he is basically a hero gone wrong. He is the one who went to Hell to save his mother, and who is currently trying to be the heroic Iron Man.
And there is Doctor Doom, who is a supervillain. He does what he does because he hates and fears people, and wants to either dominate or destroy them - especially people who make him feel small, like Reed Richards. He always fails in the end.

Of course it's not like he has multiple personalities; but his behaviour from moment to moment seems to be determined by what aspect of his personality is ascendant at that time.

It's like the classic division into Ego, Super-Ego and Id.
>>
>>93695758
I'd love for Doom to be labelled the first anti-villain in pop-culture.
>>
File: Wait What Cup.jpg (466KB, 1533x755px) Image search: [Google]
Wait What Cup.jpg
466KB, 1533x755px
>>93696148
I like it.
>>
What's up with his fantasies though? I thought he wasn't the guy to want sex slaves...
>>
>>93695741
Ruler.
>>
>>93695741
Stan and Jack wrote him as Pol Pot who would never go back on his word because his ego was that huge. Latveria was based on the Village from The Prisoner and he used its citizens as target practice for his robot death weapons.

Then writers progressively started to wank off to Doom. They depicted Latveria as a utopia. They had panther gods tell him that only in a future where he rules is humanity at peace. They have him as the only one to save anyone in Ash vs Marvel Zombies. Hickman in particular likes to suck his steel clad dick. "All Hope lies in Doom", beating the heroes at saving anything from the incursions, beating the Beyonders.

The sue-ification came about because most comic writers are lefties and lefties always have a secret hard on for dictators and Dr. Doom was the fist bad guy with his own country. Just look at how they treated the passing of Castro.

>>93696194
>Thinking Doom is the first "anti-villain"

Go drink bleach.
>>
File: Doom 1.jpg (551KB, 1042x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Doom 1.jpg
551KB, 1042x1600px
>>93695741
He's a man-child with a man-child's view of the world. "If only all the dumb people would just listen to me everything would be better!".

It's why he hates Reed. Reed has a loving family. Love is something Doom can never experience because he's an autistic loser who hides in his castle trying to shock and hurt people better off than he is any way he can.

He's 4chan with super powers, and that's why so many people like him. They identity with him. His cloak and psuedo-medieval trappings are his fedora and katana collection. He talks like a giant stereotype because he thinks its cool. He has no friends and hardly ever goes outside. He spends his time building toys-his death machines and robot armies.

This is what Dr. Doom is.
>>
File: Doom 2.jpg (503KB, 1042x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Doom 2.jpg
503KB, 1042x1600px
>>93697170
>>
File: Doom 3.jpg (563KB, 1043x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Doom 3.jpg
563KB, 1043x1600px
>>93697183
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.